Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,701 through 4,750 (of 14,786 total)

• Ah gypsybell, that’s him. 🙂

Fast day, and I’m making curried egg sangas (by request) for a farewell party at work today. Oh boy what a sucker! Hahaha. Never mind, I can make some for myself tomorrow. I considered shifting fast days, but I really like hitting the week off with a fast. And actually, I don’t really want my work colleague to go……..

A bonus of 5:2 – something I can control in a sea of things I can’t. What an empowering tool.

Good Morning ADs! Have a great fast (or feed) day today…
    Made an interesting dish this morning – mushrooms and peas in savoury sauce – will post on the recipe thread later today.

Good morning team Happy fast day, remember the pride you feel when you get into bed and know YOU DID IT 🙂 the cleansing effect from your week end is priceless. Very wet and wintery here so soup, soup soup, low cal filling and warming what more could you want. A hand full of zero noodles or some chicken broken up into it and your away.
    Gee I slept well last night, no place like home, and it’s dark on the farm, so much light in the city, but not complaining, it was a memorable time.
    Today is the first day of your future, be kind to yourself, you deserve it. Don’t sweat the small stuff, life is far too short for regrets team so enjoy 🙂 we are here for each other so YOU ARE NOT ALONE ….. away we go ……. 🙂 CG xxxxx

CG, thanks for the lovely message, got it just when I was feeling a bit down and tired (of fasting and watching what we eat), and nearly broke my fast 🙂 Oh well, will get coffee and it will be better by this afternoon

Lotus, hang in there, our moods/situations can control our resolve but we are bigger than that, we have to over ride the frustrations and think of the bigger picture. It’s a bummer when it happens, we get the “oh buggar it’s ” but YOU ARE STRONGER THAN YOU THINK 🙂 stay in touch, we can give you either comfort or the proverbial foot up …… 🙂 with love of course…enjoy your day YOU CAN DO IT …CG xxx

thanks heaps for your support. Will probably be leaning on you today a lot 🙂 I think its because its nearly time for aunty flo’s visit so I am feeling bloaty, carb-needy atm
    🙁
    This too shall pass.

I am looking at my “fat”picture from last year as the proverbial foot up the wazoo at the moment!

Good morning ADs

I am back at work today after spending some beautiful days off. Fasting today and loving it so far.

Fit, thanks for the compliment. I have got my hair colored jet black now, its a big change but GG wanted me to color it all black so did it for her.

CG, really happy that you are settled back in your farm and yes its true “There is no place like home”

Welcome MoonGal, hope you will get all the needed support here.

Lotus, we all do that, breaking the barriers on fast day once in a while is not bad. We all need to live our lives and 5:2 is very flexible for us to do that. So look out for next fast 🙂

Gypsy, beautiful poem again. Love your sense of humor.

And read some of the posts about losses, well done and congratulations people….

I am not going to weigh myself until Saturday this week. Lets see what those magical scales have for me. Nowadays I look at my scales as a “fortune ball”… He he he… They kinda set my mood for the day. I know its wrong, but can’t help it 🙂 🙂 🙂

Enjoy the fast day everyone!!!
    FB

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest nhat a lovely hike today with OH. mentioned the idea of going to Melbourne next year. OH not highly receptive as he mentioned “it’s not in my top 5 places to go”. Ah, poor dear, he walked right into it. ” So where would you rather go?” He didn’t see it coming. I got him chattering on about the allures of Budapest and Croatia. Ha!
    Well, it’s still still Sunday early evening here and have had some fun rethinking my food for the week. Even though I amoding the 16:8 this week, I realize it will still be a challenge. One thing that I have done is recently go out and buy some fun gadgets for the kitchen along with some great cookbooks. Rather than focus on what I can’t have, I am getting inspired by all the new foods I wil be eating.
    CG, GG, FG, ANDREW! Very happy to hear that your trip was filled with light and laughter. What a gift. I look forward to seeing any pics that you would like to share.

Thanks to all of you who share about health issues. I can not remember who mentioned the magnesium, but started on that and it has helped quite a bit. Am feeling the effects of early RA, and have quite a bit of fear. I am a cancer survivor and have had a vestibular disorder that I have death with every day for the past twenty five years but the RA is a real blow for some reason. To not have proper use of my hands or to be able to go on walks and travel is too much to think about right now. I am determined to find a way to mitigate this disorder without drugs and keep my health. I am open to learning more. I will post whatever I find and that is helpful or not. Cheers

Morning team made an executive decision to fast tomorrow because tonight ….I want to crack open a bottle of champers & celebrate the end of our 2 week marathon with opening the studio – tomorrow would just not be the same! Some things are worth celebrating & 5:2 will be there tomorrow, welcoming me back with open arms…and probably saying (like others have mentioned on this page) “You know you can’t drink that much any more!” Will TRY to have only one glass but we’ll see. Also planning to have all lowcal meals today so I can fit that alcohol in tonight & not smash my TDEE.
    Lotus good on you for looking at those old pics for some motivation – excellent idea. You don’t want to go back there so the only way is forward with 5:2 & as you said This too shall pass.
    Moongal you’re so right about 5:2 something you CAN control in a sea of things that you can’t. And enjoy that egg sanga tomorrow won’t you!
    CG great to have you back…our world is back to normal! suejen

Speaking of old pics team, FB is such a computer wizzzzz, she has a before photo of me which she will post when she has time, if it doesn’t give you motivation, I don’t know what will. She could not believe it was me….25k back! 🙂 . Thank you 5:2 …… CG xxx

FB, by the way, how do you post photos on this page? We asked and came up with Flickr as an answer, but would that not just give a URL, whereas you had posted it straight as pic in the post (you clever girl!)?

Raven – really feeling for you, hope this WOL makes your pains ease.

And Thanks CG, SJ, FB, for your kind words. Handling it better now 🙂

Hello everyone. My eyes have gone quite squiffy from reading all your interesting posts. I’m so pleased for you ADs that your Melbourne get together went off so well.
    There are too many to reply to individually now.
    I had a good weekend. I did rather pig out a bit on food and vino but I’m still feeling in such a happy 5:2 frame of mind. FD here too today and I’m all sorted out for meals. Thanks again to those who advised me to use a smaller plate. I think it was CG who told me about this earlier. Anyhow I will do so. I’m afraid that lots of our overindulgence are just the repitition of bad habits. My daughter was in Switzerland a year or so ago and she said that she noticed that family members there all had smaller portions of food on their plates than the Aussie side of the family. Somewhere I read that the definition of stupidity was to keep making the same mistake and to expect a different result. I’m sure that’s me and my eating. But I will stick to this oh so doable way of eating and wiht the help and encouragement of this lovely team will learn to eat sensibly.
    CG I’m sure your little trio were delighted to see their mum back home. We took Pepper for his first walk on the beach this morning. It has tired him out and I’ve burned up a whole lot of calories walking on that soft sand. It’s gorgeous though. Gypsy if you get back to Tassie we’ll make a plan to communicate and you and your OH are more than welcome to stay here with us.
    OMG poor Nepal. What utter devastation. I must find a site where I can make a donation to help those poor people.
    XX Doggy.

Just back reading, and Fit, to answer your question of how we recognised each other. I text GG at the railway station to tell her I’d arrived and would meet her at the escalators, but once there found it a huge place, so started walking, saw a lady using her mobile , reading a text, OUT LOUND TO HERSELF, and went to ask for directions…..at first sight…in a split second on recognition, we just fell into each others arms…and cried…WHY…just emotion 🙂 it was beautiful…. We had Skyed each other but people look so different in person 🙂 …oh the lovely memories, she phoned the morning, leaving Sydney after staying at her Mums so hoping to be home by 4.00ish today…..you might get a post tonight CG xxxx

happy FD to those fasting today – remember stay strong and tomorrow you can have those treats or that glass of wine!

weekend was super busy as always but I am pleased to say I ate fairly well, even drinking water and only having a small piece of cake at a friends catch up and celebration for a friends birthday. Until Sunday night after a full day of house cleaning/gardening in preparation for todays house inspection (the thing I hate most about renting)

last night I managed to polish off a nice sized dinner of steak potato gratin and veggies with a couple glasses of wine and then some chocolate , corn chips and salsa for supper.

anyway fast day today feeling super positive and not very hungry yet. have a chicken and barley and veg broth soup for lunch (98 cals) some grapes (30 cals) and a miso soup for afternoon tea and then no idea what for dinner. Probably a tin of baked beans and fried egg (no oil)

have a fab day everyone

cheers M.O.M.

Hi all, I had a quick read 🙂 have a lovely day. Suejen : congratulations, enjoy your celebration. CG – you are very inspirational 🙂

Suejen, you really do deserve to celebrate….enjoy…CG 🙂 xxxx

Thankyou taco, it has been so easy, the photo FB will post is the one that changed my whole life, I hated having pictures taken anyway, but this one did it….it was a short time after I started counting calories then joined 5:2 and now…25k down, it’s incredible and just so easy, so very doable….don’t gauge any loss on others we are all individuals and our shapes are very different, but it will happen, in its own time and the benefits are countless 🙂 ….I just want to share the motivation with you all, we all get the “impossibles” but it IS possible, I’m living proof 🙂 so enjoy your fast, it is bit by bit and so worth while …CG xxxxx

Hi Guys
    Here is our CG Before (1 year before) at 99 Kgs ….

photo FullSizeRender1.jpg

And here is her After picture, which is now at 75 kgs
     photo FullSizeRender2.jpg

Thank you FB…how embarrassing… ;( …. But thank you 5:2 xxxx

And some of you have asked about how to post pictures here. Its quite easy.
    But you need to register on a photo sharing site. I use Photobucket.

Just create an account on Photobucket (takes 2 mins), upload your pictures and then it gives you “html code” of your pictures.

You can also download photobucket app on your phone and upload pictures in that app directly from your phone.

Just copy and paste that code into this forum and it will come up as pictures like above.
    Hope this helps!!!

Just, WOW CG!! That is an amazing transition!!
    And thanks for sharing the way you did it FB, it’s really helpful.
    Although I am still at the “hating my photos taken” stage 🙂

wow CG what an amazing change!!!

Hi FB, forgot to add, and now can’t edit my post but I think you will create a mini-storm of photos on the forum 🙂 You are a pioneer!
    What fun, as before/after pictures are always encouraging. A picture = 1000 words.

So true Lotus, a picture = 1000 words.
    When I gained all that weight, I stopped getting any pictures clicked. If I have to look at Before photos I don’t have any.
    I was very camera shy at 85 kilos.
    Now, I am confident, still I have heaps to lose, but not Camera conscious anymore..LOL

Hey all, AD has moved up to number 3 in the “Most Popular” forum list and closing in on 2nd! Go us!

As Young Mr. Grace used to say: “You’ve all done veeerrrry well!”

True, I have only one or two, what’s remarkable is that not much change (I have not lost that much weight yet lol!), but I looked so unhappy and uncomfortable with myself in those photos. I wanted to go back in time and give myself a big hug 🙂 At the very least, fasting seems to have changed my perception of myself. I am sure it is true for all of us here 🙂

Wow CG what an amazing transition….bit by bit with 5:2!! You’re very brave too CG. We should be soooo motivated now. If you can do that we can all lose our extra kilos, whatever amount we have to lose. It actually would be nice Lotus to see what each other looked like, but I too am pretty camera shy. Photos I looked at from our USA trip last year just disgusted me & one in particular (that OH took from behind. BIG nono…excuse the pun) was so terrible I stood over his computer till he deleted it. Looking much better now but yes still a ways to go. So not as camera shy as I used to be.
    OH is a camera fanatic & he’s got so many bad photos of me – I reckon about 1 in 20 is OK. Back in the days of film he’d take pics of me to finish up the roll & I’d be in the middle of washing the dishes or slaving over a hot stove or similar…with an apron on…….OF COURSE I DIDN’T LOOK ANY GOOD YOU TWIT! Still does it sometimes to test out a new filter or something….2 seconds warning….Smile dear. Grrrr.
    Andrew good to see you around the forum. Go team!! sj

That’s so funny SJ 🙂
    And yes Andrew, we have done verrry well

Gedday all. FD going well so far , only had green tea with lemon and ginger at this point . Lovely organic infusions that I now get from the Tasmanianteaco.com (they post and you will find them on line). Good. Especially their ‘trimtox’ mix, the ‘lemon and ginger with hibiscus’ and the ‘sweet dreams’ relaxing blend for a night cap. I can’t go back to commercial brands now. If you have never tried home grown herbals and REAL green tea, I recommend it. Doing konjac noodles and miso with dried mush and a bit of chicken for lunch. soooon. The longer I hold off eating the better my fast goes.

Raven, I wonder if you aren’t making life too hard for yourself, if not confusing. I don’t get how 16/8 pans out. Is that over a month? Why? I find it too controlling to think in months of set days. 5:2 is so easy and works according to the strictness you focus on just two days and a bit of care on others, which soon comes naturally. (I’ll admit I have not been in a hurry and could be stricter, tho) But I love your attitude to ‘concentrating on all the new things you can eat’ instead of the taboo ones. It is fun to find new gadgets and shake up the kitchen routines a bit.

Your vestibular problems wouldn’t do your nervous system any good, equilibrium affects every aspect of life. Hope you’ve had desensitizing therapy if that’s the case. And Fear of RA (or fear in general) comes with the adrenals increasing cortisol levels, which in turn prevents relaxation, causes internal exhaustion, insulin resistance, on to obesity and all the systemic status of low grade fight, flight and fright that go with a ‘nervous disposition’. Usually ups acidity, so more retention of urate crysals and all the things that cause inflammation,(which causes arthritis, at least joints to form phosphates, they are a bit like stellignites in a cave) and crust up in that creaking joint!)as well as stressing the immune system,(to become an ideal environment for RA?) is it any wonder it turns on itself???! You need healthy FRESH food, 5:2’s FASTING, GENTLE, DETOX OVER TIME, adequate sleep, less stress, simple focus, faith in yourself to heal that internal environment – which you WILL, if you get control of your fears – and a good herbal tea relaxant! Plus adequate holidays from the troubles of others.

Yeah, yeah, girls I know that’s simplistic nonsense and pure quackery from the point of view of drummed ‘evidence based practice’ (and certainly NOT without a lone practitioners qualifications, dearie! which I actually had in spades on the old ‘seat of your pants’ system), but sometimes the witch just takes over! And I think our new little friend needs lots of hugs, bit of a hero to be supporting people in trouble with no one debriefing the load a psych pro carries. Didn’t we all take home the particles of our patient’s auras that flocked to the lamp we carried? I’ll have you all carrying carnelian crystals to cleanse your auras, before I’m through!

My apologies, Raven, if I got too personal there, I have a bad habit of doing distance readings sometimes, blame granny’s broom stick! Be kind to yourself, You are worthy. xx gyps (um… I’m game if you choose to diagnose my aberrations on open forum! I deserve it!)

Remember, the body is just a case for the being, the complex, elusive wisp of electricity that is YOU. The body is your car, it’s mechanical and runs on fuel, you can fuel it, fix it, or renovate it, just be your own backyard mechanic and listen to the engine. If it’s purring sweet, you’ll feel great! if not. change the oil! (detox).

Doggie, thanks for the hospitality invite! Hopefully I’ll get back to your lovely isle , and Ideally have a camper in tow. Will have to work on that dream, maybe as part of a Melbourne re-union? You never know!

Great to have you back in the saddle CG, you keep us focused. I’m still happy to be smaller than I was 4 months ago, but my losses have slowed and I’m on the zig zag pattern.(84.2 to 85.6 over today)No flash of 83’s yet. IF I’m to make a good showing for face off, I better get serious! (for a moment, anyway).

Well lookit that! 4 pm here and time I listened to my motor! I really shouldn’t post this fasting waffle… Ah, well, it is better out than in, who knows, I may be channelling the faeries ! Need fuel!

Holy crap! I was so busy waffling I missed the main event! Wow! just saw your before and after photos CG! What a difference! so well done, gotta go read all the posts now…

HELLO AD’S and a BIG WELCOME TO ALL NEW MEMBERS!
    I have been home for 2hours now and could not hold off posting.
    Meeting Andrew ,CG and the beautiful FB was so awesome, It was just the most perfect 5 days. filled with so much love, happiness, laughter,kisses,cuddles ,food n drink.
    MY first meeting with FB ..she was standing outside a hairdresser ,I recognised her instantly and run to her cuddles tears…. SHE WAS REAL!and so beautiful. As you know I adopted FB , As any, Mum I am so proud of her and cuppled with my humour and mannerisms she complimented me back copying me. She has so much love in her heart and is now so confident. Meeting her family ,having dinner with them on our last night was an honour I will never forget Her family made us so welcome and OH is very much a bag of EYE CANDY.CG has told you of our meeting at the station …. it was soooo funny. and I could not believe that we were really hugging each other and crying.The 3 of us just clicked. There was no awkewardness … it felt like we had know each other for ages. Then came Andrew’s turn…..Sirens and flashing lights. Andrew is such a warm and filled with humour . A truly caring person. The 4 of us celebrated FB’s special day in true style. There was action every minute of each day. CG would text me each morning (her room was just down from mine ) PJ’S and coffee in her room… then shopping at the fabulous Queen Vic markets which were behind us at the motel. CG was such a hoot …. can you all believe the before and after pics of her … A truly different lady. CG has such humour ,wit and beauty that shows on her face.I have soo many funny memories and pics of these women.
    So come on team! lets do this, and meet each other . You will have a wonderful fun filled time …..we already know each other ….its so rewarding and I know there are friendships wanting to be formed like ours. I treasure these wonderful women and Andrew who have given so much to me.
    Reality has returned , the washing in the machine ,OH is home , Oscar does not know me ,was very spoilt by OH
    So good to be back on the thread will try over the next breaks to catch up with your antics will we were away What did the GYPSY get up to…….HUGS TO YOU ALL ……..GO GAL XXXXXXXX

Suejen yes it took a bit of bravery but really wanted to share the experience with our team and show IT DOES HAPPEN, I’m wearing winter clothes in the NOW photo which are biggish (no apologies though) as you can see with the arms, but over all the difference in wonderful, thanks to 5:2. It is a sloewish process but seems to go so quickly with our two fasts a week and our Friday weigh ins. FB has a great picture of all four of us including Andrew too she will share, hoping your over the shell shock Andrew of meeting us. What a fantastic day and meal we all had, one I’ll remember for a long time to come….not much of the day left team, hang in there…CG xxxxx
    (i forgot it all goes to the main page, my photo and all….oh well, we are all in the same boat)

Welcome home GG, glad you’re safe and well…CG cuddles to you xxxx

A fantastic and realistic before and after photos, well done and thanks for sharing. X

Wow what a brilliant transformation!

Thank you team, I really appreciate your support.
    I forgot to mention before the warmth and efficient personality of GG. She has a contagous uplifting ability about her and I miss her already, but had to send her home to her OH, unfortunately 🙂 everything is a joy to her I do hope you can all join us next year, we are building friendships daily and it’s lovely to see, we are just all human, different backgrounds, same goals in life, seeking health and happiness. CG xxxx

Fast day nearly over and I am about 400 calories including dinner. Leaves some for a hot milk drink later 🙂 I have whopper of headache though it’s not for lack of salt – both meals were salty today 🙂

Hmm, waiting for someone else to conquer the photobucket thingy, it sure isn’t co-operating for me. Probably a good thing. I might get burned at the stake if recognized moonlighting in cyberspace!

So many posts to read since yesterday my eyes are crossing!!!! Not a good look 🙂 Welcome back CG, GG and FB. Got warm all over thinking about what a good time you had (and it was not a hot flash either – I can hear the snickering from here). Feeling really weary at the (almost) end of this FD so won’t try to get too specific with posts.

Lotus wanted to hug you too after reading your posts. Suejen enjoy your champers after all the hard work. Gypsy, best bit of doggerel yet! Welcome to the newbies, it’s a great place to settle in and be supported.

CG what can I say?? Great transformation, all the hard talking you do to yourself there for us all to see. xx

FB figured it had to be Photobucket, not that I know how to use it LOL.

Almost dinner time, look forward to checking in tomorrow to get my eyes uncrossed! YY xx

Gypsy, you gotta keep trying please please please….
    You all sound tired and done in today, are you getting enough protein in your lunch or adding some to your soup. Please don’t let the cal count control your day. You can still have filling healthy meals….make a stir fry the night before and warm it up fast days….your health is your priority. So please look after yourself…….even milk in your tea or coffee is such a small amount and wont do you any harm but makes it a bit more filling…your all very precious so please take care with your choices….CG xxxx

Working on a theory that the poor sleep on the eve after a fast day may be influenced by noisily hungry gut bugs asking for a snack, and I am chugging a ‘fibre’ drink before bed to see if it helps. Probably should aim for a bigger fibre load at dinner, next fast day, too. Thoughts?

Hi All!
    Wow, wow, wow CG! Talk about living proof that this wol is worth sticking to and that you certainly walk the walk as well as talk the talk. Thank you so much for sharing your before and after photos…I’m sure they will give new heart and courage to anyone faltering on this journey. You are a gem!
    FB – you sure are clever and beautiful. Are you going to post a pic of your fab new hair? It’s so lovely to hear how you all bonded so quickly. You and your family gave the others a great time.
    GG – good to have you back posting again and to hear how much you enjoyed your trip. The emotions shared just goes to show that this wol is about alot more than just physical changes. It’s about how we view and value ourselves and the knock-on effect that has on everything we do. I’m sure Raven will have more insight on that.
    How astute of you Gypsy to make the links between mental and physical health and to show such concern for Raven in her line of work…who cares for the carers? So please mind yourself, Raven, while you are trying to find the best way forward in this wol. I don’t have medical expertise to offer, but what Gypsy says does resonate with me; my sister, who has many joint problems, has taken on the role of carer for many people in the family for many years and I believe Gypsy has hit the nail on the head.
    Lotus – hope you’re feeling more positive now; it’s only the usual blips but it’s important not to let them derail us because they will pass. I’m doing a bit of zig zagging myself at the moment and was feeling a bit p*****d off but now I’ve decided to refocus and make some better choices on FDs. The overall picture is good and will get even better. Let’s hang on in there pal xxx
    SJ – you have the right idea; celebrate when the time is right, you and your OH deserve it and get back on the 5:2 horse when it suits you!! 🙂
    YY – hope you get your energy back after your FD; just starting mine – feeling ok for now but feel I need to be a bit stricter with myself since my weight is yo-yoing at the moment. Might try back to back because I will be away from Tuesday to Friday, but found that very hard the last time I tried it so not looking forward to that.
    Have a great week, gang….lots of thinking and planning to do if this grand reunion is to take place; what a prospect! 😉

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/gypsybell3/IMG_0426_zps0oylkw5e.jpg

Well here goes, don’t know if this will work, It’s a snap taken in the Daintree about a year ago. I was about 93 kgs (poor bike!) I don’t have any recenter ones of my bulge, got camera shy. But only started 5:4 months ago, so progress not too dramatic, like CG’s but am hoping!Still looking for a decent shot that shows it) Cheers! Gyps

Fit – I can’t do back to back FD’s, even if you can’t quite manage a whole 2nd day maybe delay eating until you absolutely have to and when I did this I found I didn’t need to eat a lot to feel satisfied. Still hospital visiting and find the driving, parking, battling with (some) small minded staff tiring. End in sight tho, my sister may be able to come home Wednesday after just over two weeks for what was supposed to be 3 – 4 days. Off the oxygen today so signs all good now for Wed. Hope your FD goes well today, must be hard when it gets so cold. Enjoy your grand reunion. Will be thinking about you. YY xx

Gyps, love the bike – the sheila on it is not too bad either!!! xx

CG , you look great 🙂 congratulations everyone on your FD. I am ashamed to say that I have stuffed up 🙁
    I will be over today…………sooooooo no loss for me this week. I’ll do it again on Thursday . Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. Thank you all for your support and advice – it has not been in vain. If it wasn’t for you all , I would have consumed way too, too much!

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/gypsybell3/img0242_zpswoyvah6g.jpg

Here we are at 86kg’s, long way to go. I’ve got no photo showing, just the link. thanks, yum, yum, did you get the photo or follow the link?

Wow Gyps! That is amazing transformation in just few months!! Good on you mate 🙂
    P.s. – bike is great looking too 🙂

Fit, SJ- I am much better now thanks :). Stuck to the fast today, came home add some sliced papaya and the headache went away. So must have been low sugar. Hadn’t had meformin today either. Tomorrow I have to remember to carry the glucometer with me to buy those strips!!

Viewing 50 posts - 4,701 through 4,750 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.