Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,601 through 4,650 (of 14,786 total)

• In all the excitement of seeing the trio in living colour I forgot to weigh in! So have had a big lunch and mega water, tea and juice, plus some fruit, so don’t know what empty wt is but top is 85.2 kgs. So will see what tomorrow brings. My measurements don’t seem to be moving, but haven’t been strict about taking them. whatever they say, its rearranged in shape! I didn’t measure limbs but arms and thighs ,plus double chin, is way different. Still a little old blimp, but getting there..

and I forgot to say Happy Birthday, too, FB, way to spend it!

Doggie, Agree we waste a lot of a lifetime sweating the small stuff, If only we could accumulate past life experience too, huh? Ah, well, damned if I recall knowing half the stuff that comes out of me when I pick up a pen! or keypad, now. So maybe we do! On some level. On that note, I worry I’m over stepping, so please pull me up if you think it may be drifting into the realm of unsubstantial quackery! (or poetic libel!).

Yummy, hope your grand child is sparking on all cylinders again. good work, granny.
    Suejen, congrats on the success of the art show. Agree the zigs and zags are exasperating , but we know they settle now and you are doing so well. a relaxing weekend coming up and as long as my clothes get looser I don’t care what the scales say!

Mayhem and taco, keep up the good work. You’ve got! Cheers! all, Will I come back to a thread full of pictures?!!!! No ‘paste’ ap on here for fotos. I tried ages ago to show you my bike ??? how DID she do it?

…’it’… indeed, that’s wot you got!

Copy Paste does not work ( on a PC at least) so that’s not how it was done. Hmmm.

For forums its best to use flickr or similar to insert photos πŸ™‚

they give you a url to paste directly into the thread πŸ™‚

Ahh. Thanks M.O.M

Lotus – no worries I’ve been a member on a lot of this style of forum and you can post pics as long as you use another site to host the pic on πŸ™‚

cheers

Duh, that’s as clear as mud to a limited puter nerd like me, MOM, your turn to please explain! What is ‘flickr’? and where do you get it?

Hi Lotus, thank you for thinking of me : ) Yes, I was a tad stressed and in need of a big glass of water. It had been a long day and I fear today will too but i LOVE Fridays.I have missed out on so much and can hardly keep up with all the posts- I am back to being time poor. I do thinl of you all and am still hanging in there. I will weigh myself tomorrow as Taco peed on my scales and killed them. however, a lady at work today said that my belly was looking smaller : ) That was nice to hear. CG, FB and GG you look amazing : ) I am glad that I got to see you all xxx got to go , will post again later. Ps Gypsy , so very informative

Hi Taco, glad you are better today, though still long day for you… “Taco peed on my scales” sounds a lot like ” dog ate my homework” lol.
    My scales have gone kaput too. Weighing up options ( hah! Pun intended!) on whether buy the expensive Withings brand smart scales or a cheaper brand one. My old ones were El Cheapo Target ones.

What happened to the photo????? Went out to meet the ‘Friday Girls’, came home and went to have another look and its gooooonne!!! Think the 5:2 site police took it down?

The program with Michael Moseley about male/female diet brain is on TV Monday night. I presume because SBS programming is done in the East that we can all watch it. Saw some blurb about it I think on the side of this page some time ago. Should be interesting. YY

No Yum Yum, it’s still there, but we’ve moved forward a page. photo is on page 92. at least still there on mine.
    I 4rarely get to watch TV, but will try to catch that program, haven’t seen the book yet, where do we get a copy of that?

Hi All!
    YY, SJ (congrats to your OH on another sale) and MoM – well done on losses be they grammes or cm – it all counts. Any blips along the way are just temporary and will only make the losses more welcome and appreciated. So keep up the positive attitude and determination and we will all be looking as good as the gorgeous girls in Melbourne!
    Taco – hang on in there; now is the time to dig in and say “I might not be having a great day but I’m sticking with 5:2 because the results will be worth it and will give me the feel-good factor I need”. Take all the compliments you get and cherish them for when you’re feeling a bit down or stressed. You will get there. I’m so glad you still check in even when you haven’t time to post. We’re all rooting for you.
    Gypsy – you’re so funny, forgetting to weigh in when you saw the photo of the girls!! I bet you’ll get a good result; but feeling better about your shape is terrific anyway! πŸ™‚
    Doggy – don’t know if my young self would have listened to my older, wiser self saying not to worry about small things. I think we all have to go through those ups and downs to get a better perspective on life. I wish my two girls would benefit from whatever wisdom I have to share, but unfortunately, I think they will also have to go through their share of heartaches too. I suppose all we can do is be a shoulder to cry on or a sounding-board for their worries.
    My FD was ok yesterday, but I went over the 500 (more like 600), but will still help I hope by the time of next weigh-in/measure. My niece, her OH and two little girls are coming home from France today for a week, so there will be lots of eating and drinking over the next while!
    Wouldn’t you know it…having got all my beauty treatments done yesterday; it’s raining today!!! πŸ™

Evening from Melbourne,GG here using CG ipod we Re having a magic time and wish that u all could b with us meeting Andrew today for fb birthday lunch was just awesome it was a fabulous lunch5:2 was MIA there is so much to tell you allthis is just the best CG is staying an extra night with us tomorrow night we are meeting fb parents for indian dinner stay tuned for more much more antics from we 3 …………Go GALxxxxxxxx

Aww, so good of you lot to take time out to check in. Thanks GG. CG, are you feeling overwhelmed by all you’ve done for us in the flesh? It’s pretty big to get us all to just keep trying. that’s the power of positive leadership. This is a lovely event and you all must feel it a reward for all that dedication to your goals, so glad for you all that it has turned out well. An Indian dinner! great stuff! FB is such a bubbly little girl, I’m sure her folks will be extra special! GG makes an excellent reporter, not to mention contributor. Full report please! Do we get to see a photo of Andrew too? Am raising a glass to you all, enjoy xx gyps

To the Melbourne team – go girls and boy πŸ™‚ have a great dinner tomorrow. πŸ™‚
    Fit – it’s Murphy’s law – ” If something has to go wrong it will go wrong, and and at the worst time”. It’s very true for beauty treatments or hair salons too πŸ™‚
    Always rains the day we get our hair blow dried!!

Hi team, having a ball. I’ve eaten and drank things I’ve never heard of, but I’m not going to die wondering, so trying everything. The bartender at the hotel now knows GG and I as regulars at happy hour (mmmmm) oh the concoctions he mixes up! Lunch with Andrew was lovely and he has promised to post shortly, lovely man, we need him back on our team. Just had a “pigout” GG and I had a picnic in her room, we are opposite the Queen Vic market so heaps of cheese, french butter, bread stick pate..etc etc, oh and fresh fruit, I’m so full I could burst! Roll on Monday with 5:2 but so enjoying throwing all caution to the wind and just going for it. πŸ˜‰ might need a Laxette (laxative) when I get home for a clean out hehe πŸ™‚ you know it’s as if we have know each other for ever, we all bonded and felt a homely comfort with our first meeting, all four of us., what a pity our whole team can’t have a get together, we not only have our shared interest as in 5:2, but we are just people with common everyday values, it’s just so nice. Have a lovely evening team, Indian tomorrow night (which I’ve never had) but ready for anything πŸ™‚ we will be in touch…GC xxxxxx

Excellent fast day today at 400 cals of salads and good protein. Feel good and energetic today inspite of a heavy training session (at gym).
    Can’t weigh myself hopefully the effects last till Sunday weigh in at least πŸ™‚

Wow CG… Would be a foodie’s dream – living across the Markets πŸ™‚ have fun, all the partying can be cured with a fast or two πŸ™‚

Okay. Went to gym. Came home, did house work on my 1 ( and only 1 this week) day off. Then drank a bottle of wine ( nearly , not all ) ate the Lindt bunny in the fridge. Felt guilty. Now on the iPad. Then off to bed in time to walk to the Fremantle Anzac dawn ceremony at 0515. Did 3 days of fasting this week so feel somewhat reconciled. Sort of. X

Kathyven reckon you must have just about worked off that bottle of wine anyway….not sure about the bunny hehe! But after a week of 4:3 and only 1 day off you’ve done very well. Don’t give it a thought and don’t feel guilty. Our WOL is very forgiving and if not this week the weight loss will soon come. Just hang in there. So you’re a WA girl too didn’t realise that me Margaret River but used to be Perth.
    GG CG & FB it says so much for who you are & why we appreciate you so much, that you’re taking time out of your day to post & tell us what you’re up to, and your plans. Sounds so exciting and so incredible isn’t it that you just got on like you were old friends. Tis just wonderful. Please keep on having a ball!!! Like you Gyps I raised a glass to these ladies/gent tonight.
    Ate far too much today. OH bought a block Of Lindt Lindor white chocolate. Ooooooh it’s to die for & I’ve had far too many squares, along with roast chicken & veg & gravy & the aforementioned glass of wine. Sure my TDEE is smashed. Oh well tomorrow is another day. Hope I don’t do the same again. Have a lovely weekend all. suejen XX

Wow, just saw the pic! Lovely to see you. You all look lovely and enjoy the rest of your trip!
    Ok, I think I have this thing nailed. I am finally seeing more movement in the scales which of course helps maintain the enthusiasm. I was excited yesterday to be just scrape in to 67 at 67.9 and today after fasting yesterday on my regular weigh in day, I am 67.1.

I think I realised that while in the U.S with all the distractions, I had to give up my nightly wine and just save it for social occasions. It has definitely helped.

Here is my ticker. Since November.

Hi team! You are all amazing and inspiring people and I feel truly blessed to be considered a pal here.
    CG and GG – thanks for taking the time to check in. You sure are making the most of your visit; that’s the way to do it, whole-heartedly and with enthusiasm and zest for life. 5:2 will be waiting for you, if needed, when you get back to normal routine. It’s lovely to hear that you have hit it off so well because cyber friendships can often be insincere. Clearly, you are already soul mates and I’m sure you will have a fabulous time with FB and her parents – how nice of her to invite you to meet them and share a wonderful meal together. More pictures please, so we can feel we’re right there joining in the fun!!! πŸ™‚
    Kathyven – three days of fasting is brilliant so don’t beat yourself up about having a few treats. This wol will see you right even if you have slight gain. Keep the faith!
    Lotus – fantastic FD, 400 cals! I’ve never managed that! And going to the gym! Woohoo! Murphy’s law is right – of course, he was Irish, wasn’t he?! πŸ˜‰
    Up – what a result…9kg since Nov, you are flying!!!!! Well done πŸ™‚

Hello from Portland Oregon.

Another gray day here but feeling good about completing two FD’s and then another more modified third day of 850 calories. I hadn’t planned it but a full day at work and b uthe time I had a window of time I decided to give it a rest for one more day. I have also put 17 hours between my last meal.

For those of you who may be concerned I am aware of what I am doing but fascinates in watching what my body can do. Yes, I was really hungry last night and it was helpful to read your posts right before going o bed, otherwise I may have stuffed some chocolate or worse yet peanut butter in my mouth. ( I had a huge issue with eating right before bed and sometimes getting up wheni coudnt fall asleep and eat some more. ) I have been sleeping well in fact. I had so much embedded fear and it is liberating to let it go. I still struggle with hunger but is does pass. And if my body tells me Thai is not the day to fast I am honoring that as well.

Great to see pics of the trip and very glad for those of you who can connect face to face. I agree that social media can be very insincere and have great concern over people control their communications with each other. That may be because I am a psychotherapist by professional and am alarmed by the growing disconnect that people are experiencing. It is so easy to compare our insides to other people’s outsides. I have determined that what we do not need is more self steem as that often is conjoined with how we compare ourselves to others but more self comapssion. And I often see in my practice the difficulty people have in extending this to themselves.

That’s why I enjoy this community of truth tellers! And compassion givers. Thanks for sharing all of your highs lows and in betweens. And any way we can go it I would love to see more pics. I do know that CG IS FOR country gal but not entirely sure who GG AND FG are of the stream. Can someone educate me?

This next week I am going to shake it up a bit and do the 16:8 or more like 17:7 and see how my body responds. I will keep you all posted. Enjoy yourselves whatever you are doing. I am going to eat eggs and my beloved bacon right now. Cheers!

Just woke up – thinking if all the unknown soldiers in every country, who have given up their comfort, limb and even life to keep the larger community safe. Thinking that to lead safe and fulfilling lives that in turn contribute to humanity as one of the ways to honour them.

Raven – good to have a psychotherapist on our roll call πŸ™‚ 17:7 will be a bit stricter ( you have cut a meal to fit in that time slot, but have a go and tell us how it went πŸ™‚ )
    GG- Go Gal
    FB- Fat Buster
    Both their nommes on this forum, as is Country Gal ( who is thread starter)
    We Aussies shorten every name πŸ™‚
    Even a Barbeque is a Barbie. I had an overseas friend who was mystified when someone said they would just throw some snags (sausages) on the Barbie ( he wondered why grown men played with Barbies! ;))

Fit – I was surprised to coming under 400 cals, just felt really satisfied with the salads and no hunger pangs in between. It was amazing not battle FD cravings!
    Murphy was prol’ly Irish, he was very witty. Google Mutphy’s Law, maybe the saying will jump up. We used to use it for crisis management at work many moons back πŸ™‚

Uptight – woohoo ! Weight loss!!! Can’t beat Aussie Determinaters ( and honorary ones:)) wherever we are!! Maybe you and Raven can work out an ” American Plan” for this WOL…
    Have after day team!!

Lotus – you sure do wake up to very deep thoughts but I totally agree with your sentiments. I feel the same about people who don’t exercise their right to vote when others have died in order for us all to have that right. All we can strive for is to live life to the best of our ability, being true to ourselves; valuing and appreciating those we meet along the way and leaving the world a little better than we found it. Ok….philosophical rant over!
    Raven – we will all look forward to your views here, I’m sure your professional training is something we can all benefit from. I agree that social media is becoming a big issue and problem for many vulnerable people, especially the young. Best of luck with your 16/8 or 17/7, but don’t be too hard on yourself – remember this is a marathon, not a sprint.

Oh and guess what, Lotus? The weather man says snow is on the way here, especially in the west of Ireland next week, which is where we’re heading for our family get-together! Murphy sure is having the last laugh!!!! Looks like my gorgeous tootsies won’t even see the light of day!

Hi everyone

Loved the photo, putting faces (beautiful) to the names – thank you for posting and great to know that you are enjoying yourselves. Only question is, when are we all going to meet? what year? what month? what date? what city? Would love to catch up…if Michael ever comes to Australia we should all plan to go and watch him as a group????

Reading the posts and wow so much information…great sharing and know without this forum I would easily fall off. So thanks!

Read a post about magnesium helping with getting things moving and I find that it really is a necessary component.

I’m starting to get some comments which is really nice and so I climb on my soap box and praise the 5:2. What really is nice is that if you do go off the wagon it does forgive as CG mentions and I lost the plot last week and put on a lot but the body seems to reset the weight line and so today hip hip hooray I broken into the 77’s. Even had a birthday, junk food etc but did 2 days of fasting and happy this morning and know that I feel so much better. I don’t want to go on the journey of having more and more medication as I get older and this to me makes sense to look after ourselves now.

Have a lovely week everyone.

Good morning :). Wow! There is so much going on, CG, FB and GG it is so good to hear about your time together, CG – the ‘Happy hour’ bit made me laugh, it’s cute and really funny πŸ™‚ Fit, thank you for your kind words, they came in handy this morning. Lotus, it’s true, lol ‘taco ate my homework’ I could not weigh my self yesterday after my fast as my scale stopped working. I weighed myself this morning -Friday and I am weighing 88.7. I am up by 600 grams. Go figure that one! I have been so good even on my no fast days. I have been good. Oh well πŸ™ I had El cheepo scales too, I now have the weight watchers scales from Harvey Norman – they have a ten year guarantee and can do lots of things BMI, weight tracking etc but I am only interested in the kilos. They were $79.99 but we got our one for $65. Kathyven, your wine will disappear , you do a lot of exercise and moving around, I think I will have a giant wine tonight too! JenMic, Fit , Lotus congratulations on your weight losses. Oh! I forgot to mention that you were all right in saying that I would feel better πŸ™‚ I don’t feel as tired and I am more patient with others and I feel that I am way more productive. Suejen, gypsy , raven, MAyhem πŸ™‚ Sorry if I left any one out between yesterday and today. Xx

Up no wine? Congratulations on the weight loss, I will raise a bottle – I mean GLASS lol, to everyone this evening πŸ™‚ Enjoy your weekend everyone -even though it is a bit of a sad/solemn day today as we commemorate the losses and sacrifices the ANZACS made 100 years ago. πŸ™

Hi all. Met the lovely CG, GG & FB for lunch yesterday. Three wonderful people. As I arrived a couple of fire engines pulled up with lights and sirens blazing and I thought “wow! Those girls know how to party!” πŸ™‚

Morning all. Weigh in day and a little dissapointed till I remembered that AF’s visits always lead to staying roughly same wait for the week. Watch out for the drop next week yay!

I worked out that based on the starting date I was roughly 90kg on starting 2 weeks ago and I know a lot of the initial loss is fluid so I’m happy to have a loss even if it’s only small. Down from last weeks 88.8 to 88.2 this week! Going to go back to my jillian michaels 30 min shred DVD 3 times a week and see if adding some HIT workouts helps. Plus no cheer last night which burns a lot 3 hrs of tumbling stunting and conditioning was missed this week and will be next week too.
    Couple cm off here and there too so feeling ok. Need to keep my chocolate and alcohol consumption down which will help.

Biggest thing I noticed was last night at dinner my mum and I ordered a tapas platter ( small entree) for entree and 2 more small tapas ( arancini balls 1.5 each and they were small) plus a bowl of mussels and a Greek salad and I didn’t really eat that much but was full enough anyway. So I’m thrilled because normally I would polish a main entree and go back for dessert which I honestly didn’t feel like!

Have a fab Saturday everyone. I’m currently enjoying a lay in but 3 kids insist I must get up soon. However it’s raining and gloomy outside so I really can’t be bothered !

Cheers M.O.M

Hi gang, such a wonderful, chirpy mob today! CG, great to hear from you! I saw those concoctions in hand in your photo! Isn’t it funny (and so right, what you said) how we are all likeminded people and certainly not wowsers! We all love good food and appreciate a sundowner after a hard day. That’s a firm Aussie trait. And sundown comes early on holidays! especially Anzac day. Hope you are all honouring that principle. LIVE! IT IS THE GREATEST COMPLIMENT ONE CAN GIVE TO THOSE WHO DIED FOR THE PRIVELEGES WE ENJOY!

Play time is very important to the human spirit. And no one knows that better than the Anzac diggers. Sad there are no original Anzacs marching here today, but I had the honour of transporting a Vietnam vet to the dawn parade, in the gypsybelle’s sidecar. Then got to play two up behind the pub and did my dough! Gladly. The pot went to the amputee’s prosthesis assoc. (our bike club also collects the aluminium zip tags off cans for that purpose -being they are small items we can collect in our saddlebags even when camping.

I am only home to change from wild bikie to serving wench for the digger’s dinner -(they sooo love being escorted by the dangerous looking broad in club get up!) Oh! I have fun with those boys! and have seen the other side of nursing them, too. I had a few years with the RSL palliative home nursing dept while the kids were growing up in a rural farming district. Unfortunately I have to stay sober for the escort duty, but at least I got some nifty wolf whistles for my smaller ass! LOve you lot! will catch up with all the goss later! Cheers! gyps…. puff, puff, must’ve lost a load with all this quick change stuff, just like the old days! Sooo many hats!

Hello everyone. Lots of interesting posts to read once again. What an interesting group of people we all are. Psycotherapist, teachers, librarians , nurses. Not one ijit amongst us I’d say. Yes Raven I think social media can be quite scary as the vulnerable can leave themselves open to all manner of vile human scum. At one stage I was going to give Gypsy my contact details as she was coming to Tasmania. The only thing that prevented me was the knowledge that anyone who had access to this site could see it too. I’m wondering how CG, GG etc contacted each other first time round.
    Well yesterday I blew my TDEE right out of the water. I made a large Moussaka with a cheesy topping and wolfed that down. Plus nuts with more than a few glasses of vino. But it was so enjoyable! If I’d had a Lindt bunny I’d have eaten that too.
    Yesterday and last night we had nearly two inches of lovely rain. Our thirsty garden just lapped it up and our water tanks have had a good topping up.
    Gypsy I too wondered how the Melbourne mob put that pic there. I’ve tried to copy and paste text in the past but it hasn’t worked. I’m pretty computer literate but don’t have flicker or whatever it’s called. I leave that it the younger more clued up ones. Gypsy you don’t go OTT with your info. You are a font of knowledge and we are lucky to have you on our team.
    It was me who posted re Michael’s male / female brain. I find that stuff very interesting. He seems to make quite a few documentaries. He’s obviously a vey interesting person and has so many topics that he is interested in.
    Cheers and enjoy your weekend. Doggy Xx

Hi Gypsy, know you won’t be back til later but thought I’d better post answer to your query about the book in case I get sidetracked later. I bought my copy of the Original 5:2 Diet : Revised and Updated (this is on the top of the cover) and its called :The Fast Diet” by Dr Michael Mosley & Mimi Spencer at Dymmocks bookstore but I’ve also seen it at BigW. Of course Amazon have it but I find the paperback easier to refer to, especially the fast day ingredients table. Bit of a reality check when I am trying to work out cals.

Your day sounds amazing. What a great way to spend Anzac Day!

Had to laugh Andrew about the fire engines. Good description of our three red hot mommas.

Fit, nooooooo not more cold weather. Was just enjoying imagining you starting summer warmth!! Don’t you just love having family get togethers?

Kathyven, another Perthite! Good stuff.

Up, sounds like good management cutting down on the wine. Think I said before I’d be inclined to get into the food experience. You’re doing so well.

Lotus, Taco MoM, JenMic (will have to look into the magnesium bit for getting things moving), great to hear from you all this weekend while our fearless leader is off doing her stuff. Have a great weekend Suejen and Raven.

CG, GG, FB an Indian dinner to top it all off. YUM. YY xx

Gyps, I didn’t have the photo yesterday afternoon, just a link which took me to a page called Photobucket that wanted me to subscribe. Been on another forum where photos were linked from there too, was an American forum so I floundered and gave up on it. πŸ™‚ Good news tho, today it’s back!!! YY x

Morning/afternoon all I’m getting to be a late poster aren’t I.
    Uptight you have it nailed what great news. Go girl! And love your tracker have to put one onto my own MFP. Yes I try to keep my wines to Fri/Sat/Sun but poss too many?
    Raven welcome. Gee adding a psychotherapist to the group too. Luv yr statement: “It is so easy to compare our insides to other people’s outsides.” Spot on!! And I so agree that what we need is more self compassion. And boy yes we certainly are truth tellers…warts and all.
    Lotus coming in at 400 cals. Wow amazing girl. Never done that one – not sure I could!
    So Fit with all that snow what colour are your gorgeous tootsies?
    JenMic what an idea…that we could ALL meet sometime that would be just amazing. Ooh don’t you just love it when those compliments start coming. It’s beaut isn’t it.
    Taco don’t give a thought about your gain – body re-setting itself or similar. At least with my gain this week I knew the reason…just plain too much food!
    Sorry I haven’t replied to all but gotta go. Hi to MoM Gyps Dogie & YY.

Have a great weekend all especially being a long weekend. Will definitely need a FD by Monday though. Over to MFP now to map out my day sensibly but with some treats. sj

πŸ™‚ thanks Sujen my OH thinks that the problem was the old “the old scales” , lol πŸ™‚ I also thank you for sharing, I must have missed your post, I thought you had a loss on the scales this week.

You had a happy and fulfilling ANZAC day ( Australia New Zealand Armed Corps) day- to celebrate the lives of the soldiers who have passed on.
    And so Fit, my tres philosophical thoughts this morning, agree with your thoughts too on that ( Gypsy’s too). Also, for snowy day – take the boots off indoors and flash those tootsies in sheer toe stockings πŸ™‚
    Taco I might get these scales too if they on sale at Harvey Normans.
    YY, SJ, Andrew, Raven and others I am sure I have missed ( can’t scroll back on this site unfortunately) – a big big hello!
    To three Melbourne crackers, Andrew, you might have to keep the firies on standby throughout the big tour:)

Also, if anyone is interested the 400 cal fast day worked like this
    Breakfast (10 am) black coffee with milk 30 cals, 4 almonds and 1 walnut (41 cals)
    Lunch (1:00 pm) Mediterranean Salad Bowl- ready made with the following – shredded red cabbage, lettuce, chickpeas ( approx 1tbsp), 1/4 cup tabouli salad, 1 tsp hummus, chicken sheesh ( 100 cals for chicken and rest 100 cals).
    Afternoon snack around 3 pm – I start lagging around this time and ned a sugar hit πŸ™‚ – black tea plus one satsuma ( tangelo?)- 46 cals
    Dinner 6pm – miso soup with grated carrots and zucchini for bulking (42 cals) and fibre helps the next day… πŸ˜‰
    Red grapes – 4 only at 9 calories, but needed something sweet.
    Lots of water
    About 401 cals, probably little less as I round up quantities on calorie counter
    The salad was truly delish and filled me in a pleasant way. I could have cut back on almonds and walnut in the morning but husband had packed to me and I ate without thinking πŸ™‚
    So this has scope to cut further or eat with less frequency. My fast timings are flexible, this Friday needed the breakfast and afternoon snack, but actually felt cheerful and not at all “hangry” when making dinner for others at home lol.
    Hope this helps πŸ™‚

Hi All!
    I’ll never get tired of tuning in here each morning over my one and only coffee of the day….it’s a hoot!
    Andrew – good to hear from you (especially imagining the girls causing the fire brigade call-out : 0)! But, we need more details…you know, the things they probably won’t tell us themselves πŸ˜‰ Ha, ha!
    Jenmic – the idea of one big get-together would be fantastic. I wonder if Dr. M and team would sponsor an all expenses paid trip to Hawaii or the Caribbean since we are turning into the poster gals/guys for 5:2! I’m delighted you are getting some positive comments from others, it’s nice to get objective feedback…but the most important thing is to feel good in your own skin xx
    Taco – glad my words helped, just like others have helped me; ‘what goes around, comes around’…so pass it on. Glad, too, that you’re feeling better πŸ™‚
    MoM – you are now seeing how this wol brings lots of positive changes apart from weight loss and you are definitely on your way, brilliant!
    Gypsy – you are a treasure, you are certainly paying tribute to all those who died for a just cause and honoring their memory in the best way possible. Congrats on the wolf whistles, woohoo!!!!
    Doggy – glad you enjoyed your moussaka, homemade and healthy. As we all know, this wol can easily be adapted to allow for a little indulgence from time to time, so don’t worry.
    YY – yes, can’t believe we’re back to wrapping up for cold and rain again, I was just getting used to pulling out summery type clothes and finding things that I hadn’t worn for ages because they were too small for me. Never mind; they’ll keep for another while. Really looking forward to next week with all the family in beautiful scenery; the craic will be mighty as we say over here!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚
    SJ – well the nail polish is coral coloured, but the toes are blue with the cold πŸ˜‰ !! The snow hasn’t arrived yet so maybe the weather guys got it wrong.
    Have a great weekend, everyone. Hope the trio get back safe and sound and don’t take too long to recover..we want to hear and see all!!!!

M.O.M – I have the same reaction with portion sizes too now, and on days I eat too much in one meal ( like lunch today), I absolutely cannot eat another meal that day. Which is amazing after so many years of stuffing myself. Love it πŸ™‚

You guys are ‘da best. Been stalking and finally had to join in to see the pic of the lovely ladies that have met up recently. I love your stories and comradarie. I have felt kinda weird for just following, but all is fair in love and war they say. Lots of love found here.

Hey Lotus – our posts crossed, thanks for the tip..will have to flash the tootsies indoors alright, can’t have that pedicure going to waste! Also, thanks for breakdown of your FD meals -very helpful. Agree that lots and lots of salad leaves can actually be very filling, so must do more of that next week. Bye for now xxx

It’s ok to stalk here MoonGal, and welcome to the thread… πŸ™‚

Hi Moongal – you’re very welcome… don’t worry about about stalking; I’m sure most of us did the same before joining in, I know I did. Tell us all about yourself or at least, whatever you feel like sharing about your 5:2 journey.

Thanks Fit,
    the hummus made the salad nice and creamy without being overwhelming. Salad also had pickles ( gherkin) slices, so made it all very tangy and interesting. I find I can’t eat Bland food on a fast day as taste buds feel too sensitive( or too spoilt??)

Love 5:2, just flying under the radar with it. Just realised how perfect it is really. Wasn’t ready to start until munchkin and I finished with breastfeeding. Met OH 15 years ago at 65kg, and starting at 88kg needed the right plan to drop weight and make sure I will be around for munchkin until i am super OLD! That’s the plan. πŸ™‚

Thanks Lotus. Is a joy to be able to walk this path. JOY is the best motivator.

Oops I should really thank all you guys!FTR GG CG all the others. Thank thank thank youse.

Yes, it’s a joyful way of life πŸ™‚
    All the best, I am sure you will be there for your family and friends for a looooong time πŸ™‚

Viewing 50 posts - 4,601 through 4,650 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.