Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,451 through 3,500 (of 14,786 total)

• Duh!..um… make that 55.9 kgs, Ta, Madam Secretary, The Gupsy….

Ooo! Look! I turned an new leaf!…

Hi all. I’m late today. It has been one of THOSE DAYS. Gypsy I think I might give the mutt some phenergan. IF I had some. Mind you he is such a bundle of energy and does give me a lot of pleasure.
    Flemmy , Marleen, I’m sorry about your dads respiratory diagnosis. It is a worry when our parents are ill. Gypsy has spoken about CPD in a earlier post so I won’t go over the same thing.
    Despite my sleep deprivation I’m feeling very chuffed with myself. Weigh in today and I’m 7.5 k’s off since I started two months ago. My measurements are also down. Gypsy I do feel euphoric at times. Not only on fast days. My mood is very upbeat and I feel far more energetic.
    I see many of us enjoy reading. Has anyone read The Rosie Project? It’s by an Australian author and very funny. I’ve just finished the sequel. Can’t remember it’s name. All on Google. I also enjoy Kate Morton’s books. She is also an Aussie. I especially enjoyed The Secret Keeper.
    Re the Ratatouille – the recipe is in Michaels latest book. Otherwise I’ll post it with our stuff – when I learn now to so it.
    I’m now off for a glass of chilled Sav Blanc. – I do enjoy NFDs.!
    Cheers Doggy

Oh Doggie I love Kate Morton’s books. Have you read “The Forgotten Garden”? That’s my favourite. I also have The Distant Hours & The Shifting Fog…and….yes, The Secret Keeper. I think it’s time I read some of them again. I LOVE coming back to a favourite book and reading it again, and finding more in it. Anyone else do that – or is it just forgetful me?!! It’s a bit like watching DVD’s we’ve seen. OH always remembers from the very first scenes that he’s seen (always the artist) but to me, it seems like brand new. Oh dear!! Then somewhere down the track I’ll say Oh yes, I remember that bit. LOL
    Feel very chuffed with yourself at 7.5kgs in 2 months. Euphoric & energetic you should be!
    Also just enjoyed a glass of Sav Blanc for lunch too. Yum so love 5:2. suejen

Hi everyone,
    I’d like to join if that’s ok. I’m from SA and today was my first fast.
    I need to buy a new set of scales. Can anyone recommend a good scales brand which also measure things like body fat%, BMI etc? I’ve heard that Tanita is good.
    I’m aiming to fast Mon & Thurs from here on in.
    πŸ™‚

Hi team, I’ve just tried to do a quick read through before posting, oh so much going on. How does anyone keep up if they don’t read and post daily?
    Your weight loss and stamina is a credit to you all, I’m just bursting with pride as I hope you all are. WHAT A TEAM!
    The sadness of loss is very deep in us all but our memories are so very precious and I believe keeps that person near us. I’m always talking to my parents, individually, with different situations and I KNOW I will see them one day. Illness in loved ones especially our children is daunting especially when it is out of our hands and no matter the age, they are always our babies, and our parents have always been our rock so seeing them needing help tears at the heart. Each and every day is to be lived and never be ashamed or embarrassed to show your love and affection, none of us know how long we will have each other.
    Welcome to our new members, we will look after you with support and encouragement on this wonderful journey, please ask anything your not sure about and one of the team will answer.
    Foxy nice to hear from you, hang in there and stay strong my friend, I’m sure things will work in your favour.
    Well, my news, we forgot to take my MRI disc, but was surprised at how concerned the surgeon was. He has pushed me up in the waiting queue to see him in 6 weeks with the MRI disc and discuss the operation which he said he can help me, both with walking and pain relief. Didn’t even hesitate, my even involve fusion but we will discuss it.
    He said he is putting me down as a priority TWO so should go ahead July/August just a matter of waiting for the hospital to see where they can fit me in. I almost cried with happiness, not the going under the knife is a good thought, but to be out of pain and to be able to walk a reasonable distance is so worth it. He said he didn’t recognise me, I said I have lost 20k since I saw him last, he said no wonder πŸ™‚ and I was wearing size 14 jeans, might be in 12’s next time? ( was in 18-20 skirts Waaaaay back then)
    He wants me to have another nerve root block, fortunately, to relieve the pain, so he was really showing compassion.
    Lunch with Leah, my daughter was beer battered fish with chips and salad as well as a buttered grain roll, …to put some chips in, yum, so no fasting today oh, and a jack and coke,mmmmmm, anyway, two fasts this week, back on track next week.
    Sorry team, didn’t mean to bore you all, and by the way. ” Don’t try to fit in, you were born to stand out” πŸ˜† have a lovely evening…CG xxx

Teskat, you are more than welcome to join our happy team. As far as scales go, I got mine at Aldi’s but the are also available online or even Target, BigW. They are all pretty much of a muchness, just look for the ones that “do” it all. I keep saying mine do everything but the vac’ing but forget how to reset them now πŸ™‚ but can read the weight okay. Good luck and stay true to yourself, your the one that matters….you’ll find 5:2 so easy and doable……CG xxx

Welcome to this ‘Fred Teskat πŸ™‚ not sure the scales though – I use an old scale that has seen me thru thick and thin ( hah! Pun intended). Rest of this great team would know though…
    CG- good to hear from you and positive prognosis . Stay well mate
    P.S. Love the quote in the last line.

I am now going to download some Kate Morton books (or I may have some already – good thing about e-readers is THEY remember even if I forget !!

Thank you, love reading your posts! I think I could do with a little of whatever your taking. You are what they mean by High on Life!

I live near Edinburgh in bonnie Scotland, started 5:2 at the beginning of the year when I hit 201 lbs, down 18 lbs so far, I think the forums are great, wonderful support and inspiring!

Ha Suejen, that is my fear! That he will marry an american girl and stay there!

My scales are Tanita and I have been very happy whereas another brand (can’t remember what) were inaccurate right from the start so I researched before I got the replacement ones.

Dogsabie, I have read both Rosie’s (The Rosie Effect) and all of Kate Moreton. Enjoyed them all. I read too much! Not a lot of calories burnt that way. Have also recently enjoyed The Invention of Wings. Usually I go for historical fiction and I am a big Diana Gabaldon and Outlander fan.

CG glad things are looking up.

Had lunch out with friends today. Frittata and salad and a diet coke (I know!). A non fast day. I could have been so much worse but I didn’t want anything heavy. My tastes have definitely changed and forgot to even think about dessert.

Gosh, doesn’t pay to go out for a few hours. Half a page already!

CG so glad you’ve found a sympathetic doc who is going to do the necessary until your op. You’ve been a trooper the way you handle all you do. Bless you.

Welcome to all the newbies, this is a great thread for support.

Anyone read the Stella Rimington Liz Carlyle novels? Stella in real life joined the Security Service (MI5) and became the real life M (as in the Bond movies). Her fiction is nothing like the Bond stuff but is drawn from her experiences. Good read, 8 in the series beginning with ‘At Risk’. I also like the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich – sheer escapism and a hoot.

Gypsy turned a new leaf…..Guffaw ROTFL!!!! (Actually kid, 55.9 is super, congrats. Aiming for 55 myself 4 to go.)

Good weekend everyone, hope you get some decent shut-eye Doggie.

YY

Hi all.

Finally back down to 61.5. 2 weeks of splurging toon me 2 weeks to undo apparently.
    Great news, CG, I’m happy for you. You’ll be doing cartwheels through your garden soon πŸ™‚

Had a meager 166kcal yesterday so I’m rewarding myself with vol-au-vent and strawberries (not together though, yuck) today.

CG, from a wordsmith, I have no words. You are just plain, SPECIAL.

Hi Gang!! Hope all our DETERMINATORS are in good form and on track.
    Flemmy – thank you for your kind words about my daughter. She is getting better. I so feel for you about your dad but he is blessed to have loving, caring people around him and that makes a huge difference. My beautiful dad died six years ago at the age of 93 surrounded by his 6 children, sons and daughters in law, grandchildren, family and friends. We nursed him at home ourselves. He loved to sing and play piano but when he was no longer able to do that, he listened to all his favourites on CD every day. The last coherent communication he made was to try and sing a beautiful Irish song called ‘The last rose of summer’. Very wise words from gypsy on the medical side, so please look after yourself and you will be better able to support your mum and dad. Well done on the weight loss too!
    Lotus, Uptight – thanks for your kind wishes too. Sorry, Up, that your daughter was sick after giving blood, it’s such a good thing to do. Well done on weight too. Lotus, Foxy – so sorry about your sad bereavements too, no matter what age we are or how much time passes, it still hurts but as someone said to me when I lost my dad, the more you hurt, the more you loved.
    Focus49 – warm welcome to the thread and well done on your success to date!
    Gypsy – thank you too for kind thought and I agree that the most important thing we can do for our kids is to let them know that the door is always open no matter what or when.
    Suejen – thanks for sound advice. This is all new to us as she didn’t present with asthma until last year. She was given a brown inhaler (Becotide?)for preventative purposes and things seemed to be fairly until control with just the odd flare-up. Now she has been given the blue inhaler (Ventolin?) but I’m not sure if this is right for her. My sister has had asthma and her son too and she says both those inhalers are very out of date and that there are new combination type inhalers which are much better. It’s so hard to know what’s best when I’m not able to be with her.
    Milena – am really enjoying Wolf Hall too, it’s very well done. Are you going to watch the remake of Poldark – I’m old enough to remember the original…just!! πŸ˜‰
    Best of luck to all with FDs and congrats to everyone who has lost or is maintaining or is keeping the faith!!

Hmmm, yummie, yore just plain evil! “rolling on the floor laughing” at my pure intentions! It’s Friday! I’ll just have to have another sav blanc and consider that! Soo happy I won a meat tray at the pub. It could have been much worse – the alternative was a Cadbury basket!

CG – you are an amazing person and you deserve all the good luck in the world. I’m so glad your doctor is mindful of all you have been going through and I’m sending you warmest wishes for the best possible outcome to your treatment/operation. And you are not boring, just inspiring!!
    Teskat – you’re very welcome! My scales is by Weighwatcher’s and gives all those readings and I’m very happy with it.

Team thank you for your support and good wishes, Gypsy I’m a fan of yours too, I think we travel in the same thought cycle. CG xx πŸ™‚ xx

Hi I too am struggling with my weight. Haven’t started. Just checking out the sight. Any pointers to get started?
    Ciao

Fit I have asthma which came on with age and after some experimenting with various inhalers, have found the combination inhaler called Symbicort which comes in different strengths. I have no problem controlling it with a 200 strength combo and now only have to use it when things set it off for me. My worst time is autumn, March – April when easterly winds are pretty strong in my neck of the woods so I tend to leave it out and begin using it at the first sign of puffing/cough. Only have to use it consistently for a couple of weeks. Because it is a preventer as well as opening tubes, she can learn to control it pretty well as she recognises her triggers. Hope this helps. YY

Hi Yellow. Welcome! I only joined in here yesterday. These guys will give you so much advice if/when you need it. I’m at the end of my 4th week & today’s weigh in shows I’m down 3.3kg. I’m finding it a breeze& have stated tweaking things slightly now that I have my head around things. I’m not a dieter & but do believe in a healthy lifestyle. I was only looking to lose 5kg, but have re-evaluated now & I’m going for 10. My clothes are loose & I feel great. After reading your profile all I can say is JUST DO IT! Good luck. We here for ya!!

CG – glad the doc went well for you today.
    Have started reading this thread, but man, it’s hard to keep up with you lot!
    Gypsy – I’m with you. Cold sauv blanc in my hand now.
    Thanks for all the welcome msgs everyone. CM x

CG so glad for your news. Hope that nerve block happens soon & that everything progresses smoothly just like your Doc said. He was obviously very impressed with you having lost 20 kg.
    Charliesmum you’re sure right – darn hard to keep up with this lot. But that’s because we share so much & are here for each other, in the good & bad times.
    Yellow welcome. Just read over the forums for newcomers & they’ll get you started. Just stick to 500cals on 2 fast days a week, usually Monday & Thursday. We mostly use My Fitness Pal to record our food intake as it’s so easy to use. And work out your TDEE from this site to tell you how many calories to eat on your non-fast days. Just put TDEE in teh search box & it will come up.
    Hi Fit please, please tell your daughter that EVERYONE with asthma should always carry a blue/grey reliever like Ventolin with them everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE. It works in 3-4 mins. Nothing else replaces this or works as fast. Your sister is right that there are new combination inhalers but there’s nothing wrong with good, old Becotide. The combination inhalers she’s referring to are not to be used in an emergency. The only ones that you can continue taking, without danger of overdosing, are the Ventolin types. She can have 4 puffs every 4 minutes if she needs to in an emergency. Does she have a spacer? If not, get one from a pharmacy & ask them how to use it. It will deliver much more to her lungs. I’ll get off my bandwagon.
    YY have to look up those Stella Rimington novels – they sound good.

Milena well done on your fantastic weight loss so far. Way to go!!

Well think that’s it for me. As others say you really do need to work hard to keep up with this lot. Maybe that’s why we’re losing weight so well!? Heading for the couch now as I was naughty & had a sav blanc both for lunch & for dinner today. Need to veg out now…….my brain is mush. Sechretaree of Inchernal Affez shignin off SJ

Suejen. Have another glass!!

Hey Yellow busby – welcome to this thread. You will find that 5:2 becomes an acceptable lifestyle and is very flexible and sustainable. The problems and feelings you have been having are very familiar to us all here. Follow suejen’s advice and keep posting here with any other questions – we are all in this together.
    Yum and Suejen, thank you both so much for your valuable advice, I feel much better now and much relieved. My daughter is also feeling better today and will be home in two weeks, so I can smother her with love and care….oops, better rephrase that, smothering not a good idea! Nice glass of wine sounds good, or better still, peach schnapps!!
    Have a great weekend, everyone πŸ™‚

Good morning you wonderful team. Our AUSSIE DETERMINATION thread is buzzing because you are all posting regularly and yes, that’s the only way to keep up, I found it hard just catching up so late in the day yesterday. I’ve never missed a day posting and try to respond to each and every member but finding it impossible to keep going back to each post and reply, so if you don’t get a personal reply it’s not intentional. Have a peaceful long week end team, you deserve to kick back and be kind to yourself. Put your feet up and read your book, take time out just for you.
    If you are seeing friends or family, enjoy, “you never know how special these moments are until they become a memory” .
    I’m thinking of doing a fast today or tomorrow as I’m expecting ex neighbours to visit this arvo but bloated from yesterdays over indulgences or foods I just don’t eat any more. I find a fast day is a good clean out, a cleanser of the system, a bit of “draino” for the colon, and feel so much better internally for it.
    So get out and climb that mountain, make some tracks, don’t just follow the path and DON’T sweat the small stuff team, you are the most important person you know so treat your self with the respect you deserve. πŸ™‚ CG xxxx

Congratulations to all that had losses this week. You are all proving that “YOU CAN DO IT”.
    I am not stepping on the scales till next Friday.
    Welcome to all our new members.
    This week has been an interesting one… What with gunslinging from neighbours to CG’s news of her forth coming op and my OH news…… BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE….. behind the scenes I have over the past weeks been doing some SUPER SLUETH INVESTIGATIONS… which have proven successful. I hope in the coming week that My findings will be revealed on AUSSIE DETERMINATION. I know this is cryptic… Want it to be a surprise for you all.
    My fav novels Patricia Cornwell and Minette Walters. For fantasy reading “THE MORTAL INSTUMENTS”triology. Nora Roberts is also a favorite,
    Fit _ so pleased your daughter is better. Asthma can be so frighting when you cannot get air down to your lungs . Its unfortunate that you panic when this occurs which makes the situation worse.
    I have mild asthma use ventolin and seritide puffers daily. It has not helped that I am so guilty of smoking as well…Have hit the cigs +++++ over the past 2yrs
    Foxy- so glad to hear from you… Stay strong…. ph if you need to talk hugs xxxxx
    FLEMMIE- so glad to hear from you too! Our parents are all of age where illness and health concerns are raising there heads .Hope all remains well for your Dad.xxx
    Gypsy- I was concerned about the weight loss too! 5.9kgs! . What an incredible loss 55.9kgs No wonder you are swaning in front of the mirror WELL DONE!!!
    OK that’s it for me . Enjoy your Saturday ……….GO GAL

Mmmmm, love a mystery GG xxxx

Wow so much happening – I’ve now written down where I’m up to in the posts as I don’t hop on everyday but ususally 1-2 times a week. I grab my cuppa, turn off the radio and read the posts (look out to those in my family who wish to disturb me -arrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhh).

One of the things that stands out is that life is full of ups and downs for all of us in so many different ways and I hope that by sharing a little of ourselves that some of the love is also shared. I take my hat off to so many of you as the life path that you are travelling are ones where I could not do. You are inspiring.

Pleased and motivated due to going under 80kg (did it) loss of 0.5kg this week and as someone said – Slow and Steedy. Having a few positive comments and laugh at how some people mention that they have noticed (my boss, a male, didnt want me to take it the wrong and was at a loss of how to say that he noticed….will remember this one for a while as it was he was like walking on egg shells).

I’m from the GONG “Wollongong” with Lake Illawarra at my back door (back fence is on the foreshore of the lake – view and birdlife sensational) – very priviledged.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Cheers

OMG Lotus, I’ve only just seen your comment about Dick. Haha yes, I meant sic but my Dutch autocorrect on my phone keeps changing everything. Although this reminds me of that episode of Coupling (britcom from the early noughties where everyione was Dick Darlington or Giselle). Great episode, terrible Australian accents πŸ˜€

I’m really sorry to hear about your mum, Foxy, and your family, Lotus. I have a very big family (my mum’s the oldest of 13 so I’m sadly accustomed to losing relatives. I’ve lost quite a few in the last 4 years and it’s not going to stop now, they’re not getting any younger. Most of them just live healthy, active lives until they just drop dead one day in their 80s without suffering or illness, though, so that’s a consolation for them and me.
    I hope my dad will be okay (obviously). He’s been smoking since he was 17. I don’t really know what to think yet, he’s got an appointment with a specialist next Wednesday, we’ll see after that. We’ve been scared of him dying early because his dad died at 59, my dad’s just turned 60.
    That’s a beautiful story about your father, Fit. Bittersweet and beautiful.

CG, this is my problem. I always feel I miss the thread’s most productive hours and then it’s very hard to catch up, tell myself I’ll do it later but then Id on’t and it just builds. I really need to keep better track but sometimes I struggle. I need to do better.

GG, I haven’t read Mortal Instruments but I’ve seen the film. Only because I love Robert Sheehan (who played Simon). He’s such a crazy-haired, angel-faced goon πŸ™‚

I actually stepped on the scales again this afternoon and it was 61.3 so I managed to officially break my mini-plateau πŸ™‚

I had a food epiphany today, you all. when you’ve made fruit salad, don’t add any sweeteners, but UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER!! And then let it soak in a little. It is SO GOOD, I can’t believe it. And a teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder is only 4kcal. I swear it adds so much to the fruit flavour. It’s calorie free chocolate goodness!

Garrrrk! Did it agaaain! Did I say 55.9???? I WISH!! lettuce amend that to (gulp) 85.9kgs…. and plodding. wouldn’t want to take false bows! …..ha! but jist imagine how delirious I’ll be when I do get to 55kg’s!

so, good morning all, going back to read the rest of you now, with luck the wine I had last night will clear my head!

Gypsy, everybody loves somebody sometime ……..I’m singing, can’t you hear it?? Guess whose songbook I’m singing from you little old wine drinker you. Trying to pull a swifty on us but all is forgiven. Was getting quite concerned there wondering how you control a big motorbike at that weight!!!

Snicker ……YYYY

So, everyone seems in positive form. Madam sheckretary is drinking, but that’s normal, and we won’t prod them funny bones , I’m going straight! As apposed to stashing the meat tray I won in the fridge I turned off, to defrost, and forgot about. Ah, well, it was lushious pork and sausages, (and pork fat is my weakness) so God is good!…. But smelly..It’s back to being hotttt here with cyclones brewing off shore.

I missed welcoming the newbies, Another Yellow! and teskat, Welcome! Charlie’s Mum’s settled in and it’s good to hear from Jenmic, Malena as well. CG, we are getting to be a big family! and it is getting hard to keep up. let us agree we mean EVERYBODY when we say ‘hello’!

I freaked when I saw Suejen’s bit on my weight loss! Dang! Oh, well, I WILL GET THERE! Havagoodweekend all! I have to go bury the dead! (I may never eat pork again!)xxGyps

Yore jist plain dark, Yummy!! Bolliks!

Gogal very cryptic but don’t make us wait too long, the suspense will kill me. ?????
    JenMic Woohoo for going under 80! I remember that feeling. Not too long ago & now I’m down to 75.5 today so hang on for the ride girl! Doesn’t matter how long it takes so long as you stay on the train! Everyone’s loss is different.
    Flemish I have to try that cocoa. That may encourage me to eat more fruit as I’m not a good fruit eater at the best of times.
    Gypsy you’re just toying with us all now….or was it just dreaming about the day when you’d be there!? Did you mean you LOST all that meat??
    Been to our Farmers Markets this morning & enjoyed a Morning Bun (Yum, I got my love of those from San Francisco but now they have them in town) and a coffee. Nice start to the day. Also bought a cauli cheap so I can make my Cauliflower-based Pizza – it’s great! You wouldn’t know it was cauli & makes a great base.

Margaret River for those who don’t know of it, is a beautiful area in the south-west corner of WA. It’s a wine/surf/dairy area with beautiful beaches, even more beautiful forest with tall karri trees, caves, and it’s a gourmet food area. What a place to choose to live in eh? It’s full of sea change & tree change people, lots of environmentalists and whatever the latest food swing is you’ll find it here in spades ie first gluten free, then the quinoas & freekahs, then raw, now the fermented stuff like Kombucha (grow your own cultures). We have a 1/2 acre in town but it has natural bush at the back of the block. So we too have lots of birdlife (birdos in the past) & love having birds come in to our feeders & water baths.

Have a relaxing weekend everyone, enjoy some treats, & prepare for FD’s to come. SJ

Sounds great, suejen. A beautiful part of the world for sure.

Congrats to JenMic. So exciting when you drop a number and start the next 10!

Gypsy, that is hilarious. Just a small error!

CG don’t worry if you can’t post. We know you are very diligent and do a great job here but you have created a very supportive group here and there seems to be plenty who will add their voices of support when required. I have ditched other threads I was following and just stick with this now.

Cheers!

Yes! I know SJ my post was cryptic….. BUT…. I have to be sure it will happen. No promises were made by the other party …… THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A BIT OF SUSPENSE!. I am not being cruel…. I would love to know if any of you are guessing? So c’mon lets see if any of you will get close!!!!
    SJ you live in a wonderful part of WA …. just like the FOX. Some fabulous goodies come from “Margaret River” as you have mentioned ….WINE …..and cheeses….WINE…gourmet delights……WINE!
    UP- Thank you heaps for being with usxxxxxx
    Have fun at guessing… I will not tell you even if you are right HEHEHEHE…..GO GALxxxxx

Hi all and a warm welcome to the newbies. I bought some Weightwatchers scales from Targetts and they were rubbish. I returned them and now just use my old ones.
    I had a busy morning. Took Pepper the pooch to puppy school and it was fun but quite tyring. He has learnt to sit which is good.
    Yes reading does involve lots of sitting but it’s a very pleasurable pastime. I also enjoy audiobooks which I listnen to while sewing , knitting or whatever.
    No more now as I’m watching the cricket. South Africa vs Pakistan. Guess who I’m barracking for? Oh dear more sitting.
    CG I’m so pleased for you that you’ve been moved up the surgery waiting list. It’s such a pity that our publics hospitals have such long waiting lists. – Health, education, the environment , not high on our politicians list of priorities. More’ s the pity.

I use basic digital Salter scales. Very accurate but they don’t have BMI or fat measuring thingies.
    Love reading Sue Grafton’s detective novels. Has a series starting at “A for Alibi” and she’s now through to “W for Wasted”. Totally addictive.
    suegen you’re so lucky to live in Margaret River. What a gorgeous spot, beautiful beaches….lots of wine, cheese & chocolate too!! Dangerous territory.
    dogsabie – How old is that pooch of yours?? I have a gorgeous cocker spaniel, Charlie.
    gogal – Everyone loves a good mystery…..
    jenmic – Congrats, I can’t wait to drop another number too…..getting close though.
    gypsy – you’re a hoot. Have a great weekend everyone. CM

Ok gang I just have to fess up and display my ignorance. What DOES &amp mean????????? Must be behind the times. sj

I don’t know how they do it but the correct name for the “and” sign is an ampersand. So I’m guessing that it is an abbreviation and comes out differently to how they type it. Correct me if I am wrong guys!

CM, I just got analysing scales but I’m not sure they’re very accurate. I doubt I only have 20.4% fat. I mean, I’m pretty skinny by now but 20% fat on a woman is downright athletic which I most definitely am not. So you’re not missing out. And bmi calculators are all over the internet.

Hi all!
    Flemmy – you certainly would be a very skinny minny with only 20% fat, but maybe you are a ‘lean mean fat burning machine’!! Don’t knock it!!
    CG – you do a great job keeping in touch with us all and your words of wisdom as well as sense of humour keep us all going.
    GG – love a good mystery, so here’s my guess….you’ve been counting up all the losses posted and you’re going to tell us how many ‘dead bodies’ we’ve buried under the patio for good!! πŸ˜‰ Keep us in suspense for a while longer, with maybe a little clue every now and then to keep us going.
    Gypsy – your freudian slip with the figures was very funny but I’ll bet you’ll have the last laugh. πŸ™‚ Keep fighting the good fight.
    Suejen – you sure do have your very own corner of paradise…enjoy!
    Up – best decision you ever made to stick with this thread….totally agree with you.
    Doggy – I’ve given up trying to train my lab, I don’t know what went wrong with her but it’s impossible to put manners on her, we never had this problem with our previous dogs….but she’s very lovable all the same.
    Jenmic – woohoo on reaching another milestone!!
    Finally – for all you tea drinkers out there…. Did you know that there is a new brand of tea on the market that has viagra in it? This means when you dunk your biscuits in it, they don’t go limp!!! πŸ˜‰

Good morning team. How are you all going with your 5;2 journey. Are you finding it getting easier as time goes on. Remember, slow and steady, it’s human to be impatient, especially when nothing seems to be happening but ” it’s better to travel well, than it is to arrive” so enjoy your journey. I’m finding even after all this time, my plateau is ongoing which to me means I have to chage things somehow. I’m eating healthy meals, small portions, water aerobics three times a week, unable to walk with any significants, but my AUSSIE DETERMINATION will never give up. This is a WOE and a WOL and pride will not allow me to fail. πŸ™‚ With all I have read, these plateaus can be ongoing for months, but each poster says, stick with it, the plateau moves, so if you have the same issue, YOU ARE NOT ALONE, don’t guage your loss on others, remember with pride how far you have come and the good this 5:2 journey is doing for your body. I do think the occassional “pigout” does seem to help get things moving as many have shown but I just keep zigzagging back to the same 79k and no further, oh hum, mmmmmm, so scales back under the bed for another couple of weeks.
    Enjoy your Sunday team, thank you for the kind works Fit, be good to yourself team, life is for living so don’t follow that path, make some tracks …. πŸ˜† CG xx

CG, if putting the scales helps, that’s def a good way of keeping your head calm. I get the impatience, I’ve felt it many a time. Even in the past few weeks (although I knew I was messing up with my treats) I was very anxious to get that extra kg back off.

I think I’m going to give up breakfast for a while and have a sightly bigger lunch (brunch on weekends). Other people here do that too, right? How is that working out for you?

Hoping you all have a relaxing Sunday team.
    Each day I am going to post a cryptic clue to help you. Until all is revealed.
    Fit- What a good idea to do stats on our losses. Unfortunately your guess was cold.

Here is today’s clue: DAY1: SOUTH OF THE BORDER….MEXICAN

Did a semi fast yesterday until OH decided it was DRINKS ON THE DECK with cheese and pate fruit platter that he had prepared…….All good intentions GGGGOOOONNNEEEE.
    Tomorrow is FAST DAY so am really looking forward to the detox.

Have fun with the clue….. I eagerly wait for your responses!……. GO GAL

Not guessing GG, cause I know and looking forward to it.
    Flemmy, I don’t eat breakfast ANY day, haven’t for months, just not hungry and I find if I do eat early the hunger dragon wakes and there goes the day! I seem to be at the same stage I was at my highest weight, not going up or down, it’s a buggar.! Still, my diet is healthier, treats a rarity, imbibing to a small degree (usually 2 whisky and zero) could be lack of formal exercise, don’t know, I’m not getting down but certainly not getting up either, hehehe. I need to lose another 10k min for my own sake, but nothing is moving. Michael if your reading this, any ideas??? Maybe you have plateaued too?
    It’s easy I guess to accept this as the new “normal” weight but I can’t and need to go further so sticking with 5:2 all the way, another 4:3 this week so hope it helps. This journey IS long and so worth while I’m not setting goals, it seems pointless but have 4-5 months before surgery so hope to be down 5K at least. So much for my whinge!
    Enjoy your Sunday team, fasting or not, Don’t sweat the small stuff, life goes on so enjoy each day… CG πŸ™‚ xxxx

Yes, Flemmy, I don’t eat breakfast any day but for me it isn’t a big deal because I am just not hungry when I first wake up. I don’t know if it makes a difference or not but I am happy with my results.
    As far as fat counts on scales go, i don’t know how accurate mine is because although my BMI is now at the top of the healthy range which is probably fairly accurate, at 76 kilos my fat used to be 45% !!! Now at 68.9 it is still 41.5! I am not a dwarf, but am of average height and build. I resent those numbers!
    However, I find my scales extremely reliable regarding weight. They are Tanita. On the other hand, maybe they are accurate for fat….

No idea GG. Michael coming to the southern hemisphere?

Morning all looking forward to a great day I hope. Gogal surely Gypsy has to be right about the buried dead bodies now that you’ve mentioned south of the border?! Mmm it relies on another party….well, you’ve arranged for some fabulously wealthy person to fly us ALL together (even Fit & Flemy) so we can meet somewhere at a Mexican restaurant south of the NSW border in MELBOURNE!!! But it’s not 100% confirmed yet!
    Was a bit like you GG was doing OK but my OH kept on eating toasted hot cross buns yesterday & the smell was just too much for me. I caved & went way over my TDEE. But never mind can & will do better today, starting with a sensible but yummy breakfast.

Enjoy your journey gang and stay focused and positive – and relax a little. SJ

So far I am just loving the intrigue that my surprise is conjuring up.
    No, UP …..However that would be just wonderful if Michael did arrange a 5:2 conference in the southern hemisphere……Cold
    SJ– you are in tepid waters with your guess.
    CG no giving the game away.
    LOL Hehehehe…….. Go GAL xxxx

JenMic- another nice part of NSW the SOUTH COAST…..welcome to our thread. Well done on your loss thus far. Hope you enjoying being part of AUSSIE DETERMINATION. We are very committed to 5:2 though you may not think it at the moment We are having a bit of fun… as I have a surprise in store. Enjoy the hilarious responses that I am sure will get better each day ESP our GYPSY hers will be one to look out for.
    Enjoy your Journey with us……..GO GAL

Hmm, Fit is obviously getting it up…(note to self, must change teas.. )

Yes, Suejen, had to dump fridge contents, a blow fly found it’s way in and it had already been off all day(because I forgot I’d turned it off and I have 3 fridges) so God knows how I didn’t notice the lack of cold when I put the meat tray in! ah well.

Am grumpy today, managed to over eat yesterday and feel doughy, one just can’t go backwards on this WOE and not KNOW it! Plus the scales reflect it.

Bah! I’ll just do a CG and get on with it!

Ahh, but wot’s GG on the rabbit about? (cackle,..obviously she’s forgotten my other hat _ the pointy one) Hmm …yes, I see it now….the cards never lie….mmm….accolades to someone prominent…..uhhuh….and it involves eating…what? um…. more than one person, yes. There will be travel and applause involved, an elevation? or is it “reduction”, Noo! “induction”….more like…um… a ‘joining’… of the well deserving? Some one has a well earned reward coming and it will have a ripple effect. Others will also benefit…..ahh, is that so? Seriously? Wow!….. Ho, Ho, You’re really gunna love this, girls! Don’t worry, old Hoss, my lips are sealed!

And there’s no good bugging me, you lot, I taking my lard ass orf on a Sunday ride! Havagoodone! Nah,na,nanahh naaaahh,- I know sumthin’ you don’t know… doodah! doodah…

Viewing 50 posts - 3,451 through 3,500 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.