Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi Katestaf…. Most of us on Aussie Determination with the exception of a few, are fasting Mon and Thursday. I do pilates on my fast days and walk 45min with a 10min run on feating days where I find I have most of my energy. I normally work on 1800cals on these days and sometimes do not even come close to them because i am not hungry.
    My buddy Country girl and I weigh in on Fridays… the logic being ,you begin your fast from your last meal on Sunday night till 8am or later on Tuesday which is approx 36hrs of fasting. Eat a sensibly substantial way for the next 2 days then fast Thursday weigh on Friday to see your loss of gain. You then can see what your eating and energy expenditure is doing during those days and change it accordingly if needed.
    In my opinion we are women of different ages,some may have conditions affecting their health and exercise abilities. We are not the same, what works for one …will not always work for another. Find what works for you. We all share stories and advice. From what you are doing with your eating plan is pretty close to mine.
    I had a football weekend last week, knew I would gain so I fasted an extra day.My loss was 3kgs . I started at 82kgs 3wks ago. Your doing fine and that’s what AUSSIE DETERMINATION …. YOU CAN DO IT is all about……..Go Gal

Hi Katestaf, your doing really well and you have to work with what suits you. I find it better for me to hold off till around 2.00 then have some veg soup or miso because if I eat early my appetite keeps rumbling all day, seems to set the trigger. By then I’m over being hungry with the soup, and find very often don’t feel like dinner which of late is a stir fry. My exercise is zero due to chronic back problems ( awaiting surgery) but I potter and walk around my farm when pain is permit able as well as the exercise bike. Keep up the good work, show your. AUSSIE DETERMINATION I’m down 5k’s in 3 weeks, so it does work and YOU CAN DO IT

:O

hi everyone Im new on here Im trying to get my head around all of this so please bear with me :} so I will probley bombard you with a lot of questions or you can you direct me to a forum that I can go to ask a lot of questions anyway I am going to start my fast tonight for tomorrow and will do Thursdays as well ok thanks ALL

welcome Angelbeam… Go right ahead and bombard us with questions, You”LL receive great support and advice from AUSSIE DETERMINATION….. YOU CAN DO IT.
    Most of us are starting week 4.
    Yes it is a bit confusing at first, read the previous posts and I am sure you’l get the swing of it Good luck.. YOU CAN DO IT!…… GO GAL

ARTICLE OF INTEREST….. SUNDAY TELEGRAPH OCTOBER 12
    Published in THE JOURNAL OF HEALTH IN UK
    The trick to staying slim is a weekly weigh in. The study found that people who shed weight are more likely to to keep it off if they hop on the scales once a week.
    Researches say it could be a “simple, pragmatic strategy that people could use to stop weight regain and keep on track”

There is logic in that!……….cheers GO GAL

Hay Gogal, i try the X 7 ( times 7) still hoping…..xxxx CG

Hi there, I am another aussie girl who has started the 5:2 lifestyle, this coming week will be my 5th week. I weighed this morning and gained 750 grams but it is that time of the month and I am feeling bloated, so onwards I go 🙂 My fast days are Mondays and Thursdays and are going really well. I walk my dog for exercise and use my treadmill and rowing machine. I still pinch myself at how well I have adapted to all of this – I am a serious comfort eater and love cooking. I have become so much more aware and interested in the calories in foods and have found myself swapping foods that I use for better options for our meals. I realise how much extra food my hubby and I were eating! 5:2 is definitely life changing and I look forward to making new 5:2 buddies here on the aussie determination forum and for the extra support and sharing of tips etc. I am looking forward to reaching my goals. Sending everyone 5:2 High Fives!!!

Hi tarzyanne and welcome to Aussie Determination. Congratulations on your new way of life, unbelievably adaptable isn’t it? We all felt out of our depth with fear of the unknown but actually look forward to Monday and Thursday fast days but especially FRIDAY. Our weigh in day. With posting daily we find you don’t feel as if you are doing this journey alone, even just a quick Hi, or a tale or two, but we all appreciate incentive and help, so we are all here to help each other. Welcome to all out newbies, this is AUSSIE DETERMINATION. Because….WE CAN DO IT

Hello awesome Aussies
    Just jumping to join in with this bunch of amazing people.
    Well i am new to 5:2, started on 4 oct 2014, so only 9th day today.
    My weigh in was on Friday and lost 2.1 kgs in first week. I try to keep saturday as my fast day to avoid consuming calories from alcohol.
    So far I am doing ADF (every second day) as I need to loose 20 kgs in total. (Well 18 kgs now)
    My first goal is to get down to 70 kgs by feb end as i go overseas tgen.
    Will keep updating regularly and i love to follow others progress in this group.
    YES WE CAN!!!

Does anyone have a smoothie for breakfast in the morning if so do you have any low fat smoothie recipes to share …Thanks

Hi Anglebeam, ON some fast days I have a smoothie. Made with 1 tlbspn oat bran, 3 tlbspn yoghurt, honey, handful of strawberries and blueberries in 250mls of water. blended. its ok for me………Go Gal

Well I got on the scales this morning and am back to my start weight. I feel like such a loser. This always happens when I see some success, I then relax a bit – a wine here – an ice-cream there and boom weight back on. Dieting isn’t easy, if it was we would all be 60-70 kg. It takes planning, determination and will power.

Sorry for the rant but felt if I got the rant out of my head and onto ink? then I might follow it. Today is another day…Thanks for listening

Yoekeygirl65 hang in there, you have the key word, DETERMINATION. You can have your wine or icecream, but count them into you daily calorie count. If you stick with what ever counter you use, I use Myfitnesspal, and also do your two fast days, you will get very used to this way of life. I get used to planning, usually the day before, log it into myfitnesspal, then live by that, if hiccups happen, and they do, I log it, sometimes alter meals to suit, but when it’s down in writing, I tend to stick to it. I’m unable to wing it as yet, only 5 k’s down, 15-20 to go, so I do try to be rigid, and you still do have plenty to eat. I also have a wine or whiskey each day, but count it into my intake. Hay mate, use your AUSSIE DETERMINATION, don’t give up, YOU CAN DO IT

MORNING LADIES OF THE FAST!
    There will be DAYS when the scales will not move, days when they will go up and those wonderful days where they go down.
    NEVER FEEL LIKE A LOSER……. Aussie Determination is NOT about that negative emotion. We are doing this for the long haul to better health , really the weight lose is THE BONUS!!!

We all would love to wake in the mornings to a slimmer us…. be real this is not going to happen over night.Be patient and let your body become used to this new way of eating.
    THE BEST IS YET TO COME and you are on your way……..GO GAL

Good Morning ladies
    Not a fast day for me today, and this morning I was really craving for some carbs, so had two Arnott’s Teddy bear biscuits with my morning coffee.
    And I am not guilty about it as I have been very disciplined for last 9 days.
    Will make sure to add it to my calorie count for today and move on. Sorry, I had to confess this as I don’t want to feel guilty about it later.
    Question about exercise: How many days and what exercises you do whilst on 5:2. I try to get to gym 2-3 times a week, however being overweight at 82.4 kg now, i cant run anymore (I used to run on treadmill for 30 mins before I got pregnant) The thought of running actually turns me away from going to gym altogether.
    What exercises (if any) have really made a difference for you?

Hi girls. If it is your fast day, how are you all going. I’ve managed well on just a bowl of veg soup for lunch, a few green teas and a coffee today. Been kept busy cooking asparagus for the freezer, yum! Looking forward to a nice piece of Barramundi tonight on a bed of spinach and tomatoes. Weather is quite cold and wet now in country Vic, so the tummy seems to want food, food, food for warmth and comfort. Makes you wonder if that is just habit or upbringing! The hardest part is almost over, unless the T.V. Nibbles are your downfall at night, mine are, but it’s only two days a week, if it’s unbearable, remember the celery or carrot sticks just to have something for the crunch effect. Take care, keep the AUSSIE DETERMINATION true because YOU CAN DO IT.

I really enjoyed my fast day today, the beginning of week 4.Had water and coffee till 1.30pm. Then the thunder in the tummy began,so I had some yoghurt ,3pm 20 almonds and that stopped the rumbling.
    Dinner to night is miso soup with bok choy ,chicken, udon noodles garnished with spring onions and pieces of red chillie. A Donna Hay creation.
    Hope your day went well for those that fasted. Roll on Tuesday.

Hi everyone, I am another aussie girl and this is my first fast day… Well actually not quite true as I did start it for a while last year but was in the middle of Year 12 so it was really no the right time…
    Anyway this year starting a full time job sitting behind a desk all day with access to buying lunch everyday I have wacked on a few (ok more than a few) extra kilos… At the moment I’m 66kg (Im 5 food 7) which I know is not heaps but ideally I want to get back down to under 60kg (56-58kg?) though for me it’s not so much about kilos as inches – I put all my weight on my hips so that’s where I’d really like to loose some…
    Today I’ve had around 400 calories but I’m planning on fasting tomorrow as well as I prefer consecutive fast days (get it all over in one go you know)…. Feeling pretty hungry at the moment but I’ll solider through – I have a job interview on Wednesday so stressing about that might distract me a bit haha…
    Anyway just thought I’d join this feed as it seems to be a lot of people at a similar stage to me – sorry if I ask too many stupid questions!!!! It’s good to know other people are going through similar things.

Georgie63, no question is ever stupid, it’s a yearning for knowledge so ask away, we are all pretty new to this life style but not to life and experience in different diets or cooking. Oh to be 66k’s again, I don’t even dare dream ever going back down there but your starting on the right foot to a healthy way of life. Good luck to the double fasting, and welcome aboard……CG

Hi All,
    Welcome Georgie63, good to have you aboard.
    Weigh in this morning, I’m down 1.9 and PB (poppy bear) down .9. Am happy with any loss.
    Fast day tomorrow.
    Hang in everyone, We CAN do it!

Hi everyone…..and welcome to our newby’s, we have picked up quite a few again! I tend not to get on computer on weekends, so it was great to get on and see what you have all been up to 🙂

Fasting quite well today…..had the morning nausea again, so had a handful of fresh strawberries…..they are so nice atm….and that kept it off..arove been good since lunch….but looking forward to my dinner….an egg and tuna salad, followed by natural yoghurt and more strawberries.

Starting my fast today was almost automatic….so starting to get the hang of this now..

Keep up the good work everyone…WE CAN DO IT!

Thanks for the welcome Countrygal 🙂 Just started 5th week and my Monday Fast Day today. Breakfast was an apple and kiwifruit. I drank heaps of water and decided to get through to dinner time to use my remaining calories. Enjoyed a small grilled fish fillet, green salad, baked sweet potato wedges and tabouli for dinner. Then finished off with a mandarin and a small diced fruit snack cup for dessert 🙂 I think for the first time I feel in control of my eating and food choices – it feels great! Didn’t get on the treadmill today but going to make up for it tomorrow. Clothes are feeling a little looser which is good. My first goal is to lose 5kg. So hoping to get there in the next week or so. Little steps at a time for a big reward in the end 🙂 Have a great week everyone. Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi!

Emel1962, Thanks , I would love some support and also to offer it.
    Got through my first FD and only went a little over my 500 cals.
    Will decrease cals tomorrow. I need to count cals at this point or I know I will just eat chips
    And other crap. I am using My FitnessPal to track my intake.
    Sorry you havent had a good day. Tomorrow is a new day.

AG63

Hello Beautiful Ladies
    Fast day today for me. Very cold here in Victoria, which makes fasting difficult 🙁
    But I will get through it.
    First week, I lost 2.1 kilos. I was not supposed to weigh in yesterday, but I couldn’t resist, so I stepped on the scales and to my horror, i have gained 600 grams….. WHAT!!!! Where did I go wrong… sob…sob….sob
    I have been doing under 500 cals on my fast days and up to 1200 cals on non fast days and I have been very very strict at calorie counting.
    Why did I step on scales, I am so upset with myself.
    I almost wanted to eat a bar of chocolate after I saw my weight. But controlled myself and want to give it another shot. Well, i think I don’t have an option as I am sick and tired of my own mum and sister who keep on bullying me (directly and indirectly) about my weight.
    I go overseas on a holiday with my mum n sister and don’t want to ruin my holiday with their constant nagging. So, I am determined to lose at least 12 kilos until Feb end, so 4.5 months to go.
    I know with support and motivation I can.
    I don’t get any support and motivation from my family (my partner is a gem though, he tells me that he loves me unconditionally regardless of my weight. however, he doesn’t want me to diet as he is scared that it will result into some illness…he he he)
    So, here I am with all you lovely ladies who are so nice and happy to support each other…..

Hi Fatbuster, 🙂

Just a question, why are you only eating 1200 calories on your normal days? That’s well below a normal standard, even 1500 is about the general standard for normal weightloss/maintenance programs. This fasting system needs you to eat 2000 on normal days, did you get your hands on a copy of the book to read – if not, do it, it is pure gold!

I think that may have something to do with your down/up of weight loss. Don’t be disheartened though, this is a long term thing, if you don’t drop weight on the odd week who cares! This is a lifestyle, not a diet 🙂
    I’ve been up and down the whole time – one week the scales tell me I dropped 2.5, the next week I’m up a kilo. I’m possibly going to stop weighing myself each week and just do it every 2-3 weeks on the first fast day of the week – otherwise it just becomes obsessive (for me at least) and I create an unnecessary rollercoaster of emotions.
    Are you exercising? if so what type? Cardio, weights etc? This all plays a part in any weightloss. Muscle weighs the same as fat so they say, so you might drop kg in fat, but gain in muscle. Go by your pants, if they are getting looser then your are winning.
    Power of positive thinking. Do this for yourself, not your mum and sister. It’s your body, love it and keep it healthy and it will love you back.

🙂

Morning Fatblaster. In my 1st week I to lost 2.1kgs. My start weight was 82.2kgs. Last week on Fridays weigh in I was 78kgs. I found my weight is going up and down each week. This morning I weighed (don’t normally do this) and I am 80kgs after a fasting day! I am not disappointed this is me,no matter how I watch the calories, Yesterday I brought a Celebrity slim rapid phase shake jar ,so this morning like about now I blended 2 scoops of it with 250mls water a small banana and blueberries. we shall see!
    Try to resist weighing until the end of the week.
    I too have a Mum who tells me I need to watch my weight! They tell us this because the love us and are concerned ,I usually tell her to go jump!!!!! she sees me every month . I live 3hrs away north of Sydney. I walk and do pilates most days. With AUSSIE DETERMINATION WE CAN DO THIS ! Don’t be concerned with the .4 or .8 gain just the round figure…..GO GAL

Hello Katestaff and Go gal
    I do 1200 cals on non fast days as I follow My Fitness pal’s recommendation. all my calories still come from veggies and fruits and protein ( I am a vegetarian)Even if I try, I cant scoff up more, so I feel really comfortable with this. I have never been a big eater. I guess I have been eating wrong stuff. Before going on 5:2, i would eat a muffin with coffee for breakfast, then no lunch and rice and curry for dinner or maybe a take away (still smaller portions)
    I do a mix of cardio and body weights at the moment, but not a lot of exercise.
    Go gal, smoothie sounds really good and filling. Hmmm, need to try that.

What exercises do you recommend that really works for you?

I used to jog/run on treadmill for 35 mins non stop, but cant do it anymore until i loose at least 10 kilos more or It may result into knee injury.

You are right, i wont weigh myself more than once a week now as I dont want to fall off the bandwagon.

I have never been skinny, but I gained weight after pregnancy. My son is 3.5 year old now and I am still at my post pregnancy weight. Pre pregnancy, I was 68 kilos and I was comfortable with my body at that weight.

I really want to do it for myself and get comfortable.
    I need to do it for myself and not for others but my mum n sis have given me public humiliation at times, which is very discouraging.
    Without getting into details, i come from a family where my mum loves my sister and appreciates her in front of others while makes comments about my weight in a negative way. They told me once that they feel suffocated when they see a fat person like me… Really..
    But I don’t want to think about negativity now and roll on with hope and determination….

Thanks for your support as I cant even mention how much it means to me.

Hi Fatblaster…. I am adopting you right now!
    And I am very angry with your mum…HOW DARE SHE PUBLICLY humiliate you!!!!!. I really do understand your situation when it comes to favoritism in the family . Why do mothers do this to their daughters? I have 2 sister, both are professionals just like me, I’m the eldest,as I said I now tell her to go jump! but we have a really lovely relationship and have wonderful times together. BUT she does this and has all my life. I am with you all the way… just post and I’ll be there……Go Gal

Awwww. Thanks Go gal….
    I knew that this group was full of support. But now I can say that you are full of love too. Thanks heaps, you made my day …

Hi everyone, only just got home from Doctors appt, so late on this morning. My heart breaks for you Fatbuster, why would you want to go on holidays with these people anyway, family or not. You are beautiful as you are, we are all unique, not string bean super models, with future problems from starving themselves. We are all different shapes and sizes unique to ourself. Narrow mindedness causes more grief than anything, cruel comments are not worth absorbing, just feel pity for those who lash out with them, it’s usually jealousy motivated. I too am on 1200 because of MFP, I don’t exercise due to back issues at the moment, also a crushed nerve in the spine causing numbness in my leg, BUT do use my exercise bike and a few phisyo exercises pre surgery. Go with what works for you, what feels right for you, what is doable for you! Remember, YOU are unique, we are all here for you and YOU CAN DO THIS, you’ll show ’em…fist the sky with your AUSSIE DETERMINATION….CG

By the way, I’m down 5k in 4 weeks and hanging for our Friday weigh in after another 2 fasting days, so welcome aboard, we are ALL here for you….CG

Thanks Countrygal
    Well, I guess you need to do the family thing. Deep inside, I really don’t want to go with them.
    But I am determined to let my family know that fat or not fat, I am a good human being and that is not going to change even if I lose or gain weight.
    As Go Gal rightly pointed out , I am a victim of favoritism. I am sure that mum still loves me.
    I want to do it for myself and want to look and feel beautiful… ahem, ahem…..

And 5 kgs in 4 weeks is amazing amazing amazing, given that you are not able to exercise at the moment. you GO Countrygal. Well done!!!

So so happy that I found this forum and bunch of beautiful people. I am already in love with you people for understanding what I am going through.

We can we will do it. That’s the way ….Aussie Determination…….

Hi everyone, I am new at all this and after trying to diet on my own, I am going to give the 5.2 diet a go, with all the support and knowledge of all you wonderful people who understand what it is like to be on this diet round about.
    My first fast day will be on Thursday and I know I will be fine, it is the headache I know I will get and having to cope with that.
    I also normally when dieting in the past, stick to 1200 calories, but with my TDEE, it is saying I am to have at least 1900. Maybe this is where I have gone wrong and haven’t been eating enough. What do you suggest the amount of calories should be on my normal 5 days.
    The first step is to totally look at the reality of the situation, so here goes.
    My weight now is 104kgs and my BMI is 40.6. So now it is looking at what can be, as it is up to me.
    I have just had knee surgery 5 weeks ago and I am hoping to be able to start walking properly again next week.
    Love reading all your comments and look forward to all your advice and support.

Welcome Yellow Daffodil….Orthopedic nursing is my specialty Royal Nth Shore/ Mater Hospitals…. Have you been doing physio ,can you bend your knee to 45 deg? I would be starting of slowly with my exercise say a 20min walk & gradually build from there OR by advised by your physio
    Your TDEE is out at this point in time as you are not exercising to your potential
    1800- to 1900 is a normal intake on the 5 feasting days, As for the HEADACHE that you anticipate on having drink plenty of fluids throughout each and every day 2 litres is good it will flush your system out and take panadol 1st thing in the morning then with AUSSIE DETERMINATION … YOU CAN DO IT……. Go Gal

Hello lovely ladies!

Well so much for Melbourne weather. Summer last weekend, now we are back to winter but I think we are promised summer again by the weekend!

I began this journey 5 weeks ago and have lost 2.5 kg. I am a little disillusioned as I didn’t loose anything last week. I wonder if anyone else has experienced times when, despite fasting on two days of the week, there is no change on the scales. I always weigh myself every Sunday morning at the same time.

I am 5’2″ and began weighing 59.5 kg. I am now 57 kg but want to reach 54 kg.

I do need some Aussie Determination. Fasting is not easy!!

Thank you Go Gal, yes I have been having physio every week and tomorrow’s visit will be having me bend my knee to 90 degrees. I have to do exercises twice a day, which I have been doing, as I wanted to ensure I can get back to walking and not in pain. I visit the surgeon on the 23rd Oct and hopefully will be able to walk without the splint. I haven’t been able to walk without it for the last 6 weeks.
    I will take your advice and take panadol first thing in the morning and drink lots of water, as I know I will get a headache.
    I will see how I go in eating the 1800 calories for my normal days and go from there.
    Thank you for your advice and support. Much appreciated.

Hello Jackieak

We are the same height and it is my dream to weigh 57 kgs. 🙂
    I have been dieting all my life and one thing I know for sure that the less weight you have to lose, the slower your weight loss becomes.

Because you don’t have much weight to lose, this may plateau for a while and will kick back in, however your weight loss will be much slower as these are just your last few kilos left.

2.5 kilos in 5 weeks, average of half a kilo per week is amazing at your current weight. So, hang in there and you are sure to break that plateau.

Its really funny that this is coming from me who is struggling with herself, but I couldn’t stop myself to respond as I think I probably know what is happening with you…

Hi Jacjieak, I am not an expert, but I have heard that those last few kilos can be stubborn. You have done very well and the positive is that you are eating healthy and that also is very important. Keep it up, as you are nearly there.

Hi Yellow Daffodil… please check your pain medication does not already have paracetamol in it. The last thing you want to do is overdose on paracetamol…..Go Gal

Hi Go Gal, I am not on any medication for pain. All good, ready to get back on my feet again.
    Thank you for your concern.

What a great bunch of people we have on here! Such wonderful support and encouragement for us all! Families can really step over the mark sometimes, just because they are family think they can! I’m sure your mum loves you very much fatblaster…sometimes it takes a while for mums to realise that their children are individual people in their own right…..my sister always insists that I was the favourite, but it wasn’t true of course….I was an easy going quiet child, whereas, my sis was full on…..she got into more trouble than me with mum….we have lost our mum now and whilst she drove us crazy, we miss her very much and are very close..

Lots of shorties on here…..I too am only 5’2″ ….and aiming for 60kgs….I have been lower, but I think as you get older a little bit of padding is OK…

I’ve stopped weighing myself every day as like many on here, I go up and down….however, I did weigh today after my fast yesterday and I am about same as Fridays weight…bit lower…so hoping for a loss on Friday as I didn’t lose anything last week….BUT have lost 4.3kg in 4 weeks, so pretty happy

My TDEE is about 1900….I try to eat around 1500 on non-fast days….but I don’t measure my food or count cals….I just try and make healthy choices and not to snack ….this I beleive is the key to the 5:2 in not making you feel restricted on non-fast days….if I counted cals on those days too, I would get sick of it….if I think I might go over I don’t worry about it

Have a great day everyone 🙂

I don’t know how tall I am in feet! I’m 167cm so I think that is 5’4″?
    I’m on my week five of my weight loss journey and this is my third week of 5:2. In five weeks I’ve lost 4.4kgs. Which makes me incredibly happy!
    I think I am on a plateau at the moment however as I only have 5kgs to go.
    I haven’t been as active as I had hoped as I’ve had some flare ups with a back injury (from falling asleep on the couch!) but everthing has calmed down now so I’m getting right back into cycling and the 7 minute work out.
    My goal is 57kg.
    I love how supportive everyone is here. It is fantastic !

Oh what a lovely bunch of people we are getting on our thread. Okay, I have a question for you all. What cals do you have on non fast days. As I stated before My Fitness Pal dictates 1200cals, which I try to keep to, BUT quite often hungry, my TDEE is 1736 my BMI 34…. Shock horror, but that’s why I’m here doing 5:2. Gogal, hay mate, what should I be on. Someone mentioned earlier a book? What does it say regarding not eating UP to your required cals? I started with MFP June 1, lost 5k’s then plateaued, 4 weeks ago started 5:2 lost another 5k’s but still doing 1200 on normal days….what should I be having, thinking caps on girls, away you go………CG

Countrygal, I want to know the answers to these questions too. So, am all ears 🙂
    Congratulations Jessamayday as I think that your weight loss has been really good. I like the spirit of losing those last few kilos. Hoping to be at that level myself one day 😉
    Also what 7 minute workouts do you do, do you have any links or youtube vids?

Foxycoxy, you are already doing so well. Very proud of all you girls here. Each n everyone of you is my motivation 🙂 🙂

HI Fatblaster, I have been thinking during the day about you.
    Would it help you to write a letter to your Mum and sister telling them how they makes you feel when they make disparaging comments about you?
    It might help you to feel more positive. Sometimes we need to let the critics know how they are effecting us. IT makes us look stronger and in control in the long run.
    Respect is very important. Family especially, should not be disrespectful!…..Go Galxxxx

Hi ladies!

My question to those doing less than 1800 calories on non fast days….apart from my fitness pal telling you to do so, why would you have so little calories? There is quite a possibility that you are putting your body into a type of starvation mode because your body isn’t getting enough calorie intake. 1200 is a normal amount for a weightloss routine if that is the intake for every single day.
    Have you read the theory behind the 5:2 diet? I really suggest you do if you haven’t. It’s totally different principles on the weightloss side of things. I don’t doubt that it is working for some, but for those that might be hitting a slow point, I really urge you to read the book.

This is my opinion and I’m not judging anyone on how they are going about this momentous journey. It’s a challenge I have faced since I was a youngen 🙂

Does anyone else have any thoughts on the calorie intake?

Well done to each of you for taking a step toward a healthier you!

Hi Katestaf, I am reading THE BOOK trying to work out the fundamentals. Most days I know I’m not reaching my caloric increments because I am just not hungry. I possible fill up on to much fluid. My weight has gone up and down since starting 5:2, one week I’m 78kgs the next 80kgs. starting wgt 82.2kgs. I will work it out with my AUSSIE DETERMINATION… because I CAN DO IT…..I hope…..GO GAL
    PS I agree with you about putting your body in starvation mode.

Hello all!

What a wonderful and encouraging thread! I’m about to restart 5:2 after trying earlier in the year with no success. I’ve rethought what I was trying and changed what I’m eating on fast days (now eating more veggies and feeling more full – much more manageable). I found it quite easy last week, but this week have been on night shift, and try as I might I cannot seem to find a way that is manageable whilst on nights (I have 7 in a row). So I feel like a bit of a cop out, one great week and now back to square one. Has anyone else found they can make this work? I don’t tend to eat overnight at all, but find I’m hungry at the usual time of morning then eat a normal breakfast, sleep, then dinner. I’m sure with a bit of determination I could do it..

Anyway, I think I’ll start 4:3 from Monday for a few weeks in the lead up to a few big events in Nov. I found it easy in the daytime but I have another set of nights in 2 weeks. I have lost about 12kg over the past 4 years with increasing exercise but now would like to move the last 5kg to get into the middle of my healthy weight range. 5kg by Christmas would be very exciting!!

Good luck to everyone!

Evening girls, my new…..The Book is in the mail! Yahooooo, all the answers I hope,
    Nighty night….CG

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.