Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,351 through 14,400 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi All back again. Been busy with family. Doggy my book-reading friend…how good to have you back! I too had some travels & now have 5 kgs back on. And after trying on some clothes in the city this week I too hate the way I look! I mean I lost a total of 12 all up but I reckon that I look almost as bad as I did back then – well let’s say Doggie I feel that bad! I have struggled to get back onto the fasting train but I AM going to make it. I just found out that my SIL who’s staying with us is also doing 5:2 so…we’ll start again together on Monday. Could have done yesterday if I had known.
    I think that what’s also contributed to my lumps & bumps! is the fact that I’ve had to give up pilates due to my back/neck issues as pilates does help a lot to tone you up. So I’ll have to find something else to replace it that my physio approves of.

CG did you do a weigh-in this morning? Hope it was good. xx
    PH so glad your final push is nearly over & you’ll be back to a normal routine next week. {{{ }}}
    Jade I had to laugh at your one tantrum per week maintenance plan hahaha! So you have Cajun roots do you? Hope your new blouse made you feel very special while back at school. XX
    Fit hope you’re basking in the sun (with your suncream lavishly applied) and enjoying every moment of your holiday. Wish I had some emojis for that!
    Gyps you’re still in my thoughts as is the Leprechaun & wishing you strength & courage in your journey.

Well off to enjoy another day with the rellies. Today I think we’ll do the tour of the town kind of thing, show them all the major local sights & hotspots. Have physio at 11am so it’ll be a late start to our sight seeing. All good fun. suejen XXXX

Welcome back Doggy. I’m sure you will get back into the routine with a little effort and hopefully the weight will start coming off for you once again, as you say you have done it before and so can do it again. I too have had a few months off whilst my family have been visiting from Canade. So am starting again with you. My first full week will be happening next week. Tried to start this week but was too busy with preparing our house for sale.

Well folks it is done. House is sparkling clean and looking spectacular. Photographer has bee so the house should be listed soon..celebrating with a girls night out and in with a few friends tonight. Off to the local pub for dinner then back to a friends place for cards etc, all of us are sleeping over. OH was supposed to be going fishing but can’t get the energy to get the boat ready etc..so he is having a freezer dinner and staying home to watch the footie. Had been given strict instructions not to do anything in the kitchen and not to Have a shower as all of the bathrooms have been cleaned for the open house. Tomorrow we move to daughters house for a beach holiday till after the first open house. Then who knows. I think we should go somewhere for a weeks holiday maybe go and visit a few friends we have been meaning to for a while etc..or take the van to Iluka so OH can go fishing. Decisions decisions decisions!!

A big hi to everyone else. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Welcome back, Doggie. You are definitely not the only one trying to get back on the horse!

Welcome back DOGGIE….. I hear you about the frustration of “THE PLATEAU”.
    We all gave 5:2 a break to see if it would kick our metabolism….some did it without wanting ,with fabulous holidays OS and others just got jack. We are all back together …full of new and renewed hopes this time around , though it was a wonderful break from this WOL&WOE it is good to try to give the horse another gallop!
    My weigh in today was nothing wonderful…..8kgs up from 78kgs. Really need to get myself a kick in the rearend next week….. last weekend was pretty full on with the most delicious lunches & dinner with wines and the sticky variety after the dinner plus the deserts that would have Zumba declaring winners all round.
    So after this weekend it is serious fasting .it has been soooo cold as well.
    PH….well done on a mammoth job preparing your home for sale. Take care of yourself now so you can go back to aqua.
    UP….LOVE the puppies
    SJ…. LOVE YOU!
    JADE….I just lol at your posts …..keep on doing well.
    CG…YOU ARE A LEGENDXXX
    HAVE A FAB WEEKEND TEAM
    MAKE MEMORIES OF FUN AND LOVE…..GO GALXXX

Sorry that was .8kgs NOT 8kgs….I would have fainted if it was!

Hi all!
    Welcome back Doggy! Great to see you here again. It’s a familiar story for us all, to have a break from 5:2 and then find that the kg have come running back to us! Best of luck getting back into the swing of things, which I know you will! πŸ’ͺπŸ˜ƒ
    PH, how wonderful to have all that hard work behind you now. I hope the open house goes really well for you and that you have a successful sale. Enjoy the time with family and friends too πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒπŸ’•
    GG, I’m glad you made that correction…..my eyes were hopping out of my head! 😱 You will lose that .8 very soon especially if you do some of your legendary back to backs! πŸ’ͺπŸ˜ƒ
    SJ, I’m just about to get out of bed, shower and pack the last of our things and then it’s off to the airport. Suncream has been well applied and mossie spray too, so no sunburn or bites all week …yippee! Unfortunately, someone bashed into our hire car while it was parked but we have taken out extra insurance, so all should be ok, fingers crossed!
    CG, how did your weigh in go? I’m not looking forward to seeing the damage done this week even though I know it will be a temporary gain…..at least, I hope that will be the case! 😱😒
    Jade, hope your blouse went down well with colleagues. How was school? Is OH still on his best behaviour? πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ
    Gyps, sending you and the leprechaun lots of love and positive thoughts πŸ’•πŸ’šπŸ’ž
    Adios, muchachas! πŸ’ƒ

Hi team, just back from a day out and lunch😱 Yep all the wrong things including two glasses of wine but it was oh soooo nice😊 Up a K this morning so sitting on 71k so over the last few months I haven’t really gained, but certainly haven’t lost either! So come Monday, I am cracking the whip with you all so be warned!!! WE CAN DO THIS, WE HAVE BEEN SLACK…..BUT NO MORE….OKAY????
    This is IT, we are all back on board, supporting each other, using the boot when necessary, and the praise ONLY when deserved, are your knees trembling?πŸ˜… We all know it works, we promise ourselves it’s for life, then all go belly up! This weekend, we should be doing as Doggy is, prepare meals for the freezer for our fast days, no excuses, buy in what only you need, we all feel proud of what we achieve and when we stick to our guns, AUSSIE DETERMINATION is not just our name, it’s our nature! Am I sounding tough?😱 So drink up, three days to go, get rid of the junk out of the pantry, the heat is on, AND I’M WATCHING! Weigh in EVERY Friday too, no matter what….lovable cuddles team ❀️😊xxxxxx

I hear you CG! This week we have been serious as I mentioned earlier as my husband had such super high blood pressure last week. He stopped coffee, alcohol and breakfast. I have cooked heart healthy dinners all week. This morning his blood pressure just scraped in at the top of the normal range and he is down 4 kilos!

There’s the proof team, it doesn’t always show that easily, but we KNOW it has to be doing us good, thanks UpπŸ˜ŠπŸ’•xxx

Dawg!! How great to see you back. I have thought of you often, as my iPad bookmark always takes me to a page where you were posting and I keep thinking “doggie’s back!” And then no, it’s just a page from long ago. Anyway, welcome back😍!!

PH I laughed at your OH not being allowed a shower. We can all just picture the carnage…. I once toured a home, spotless but for a big toothpaste spit-smudge on the bathroom mirror, lol. I bet your place is so shiny they can see if from outer space. Best of luck for a quick sale at a great priceπŸ’°. Enjoy the beach holiday in the meantime. I’ve been meaning to ask, is your “van” a camper with kitchen, bed etc? We are thinking of buying one, but want the whole kit – bath too. Big purchase, not sure if we can justify it but sure is tempting.

Thanks for all who’ve asked, my back is much better, just a few aches, no more of the pain that was ER-worthy. Teaching is going well, first week back, students not yet surly.☺️ And wonder of wonders, I stopped at a dept store with OH in tow and HE was picking out clothes to buy me. Not bad choices either. Of course, I let him!πŸ˜‚ A fitting penance, 4 Hail Marys, a sweater, and some slacks.

Fit, oh dear, the bashed rental – how well I remember…except we were the ones bashing the parked cars. Did they leave a note? We did, though of course didn’t have to for the one we bashed right there in Avis’s lot. Lord it was a demolition derby that day, poor OH. Glad you had the full insurance! Might be best not to mention in Dublin. Lol he asked today if we were renting a car, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND was my answer.

GG I also did a double take on the 8 kilos!! Glad it’s just .8. You and I are so alike, getting a head of steam at the OH is such a great fat burner. Well, they’re lucky to have such strong flame-throwing women, I say.⚑️And you, strong enough to clean 10 houses….great for the arm toning, but watch your back, dear oneβ™₯️

Oh CG, no one sounds the call to arms quite like you! And don’t we all just have such a fine time between battles.🍷🍰 Seems we do all have to go out to get in calorie trouble – not much exciting in my kitchen. So if we all just had no friends, this weight thing would be easy. Ha ha NO THANKS TO THAT! But yes to the planning and prep, nothing like finding a great soup in th freezer on a FD. None of that for me this weekend though, off on another trip, this time to NY. So I’ll be joining up for Monday FD for sure after that.

SJ you have certainly been riding the social circuit! But really how lovely for you – you can knock those kgs off in no time. Just share a little room on the horse, looks as though it will have a lot of riders next week! πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡ Enjoy your visiting time till then. Btw Pilates killed me too – I stopped my floor routine but still need to go to the physio. In the meantime, the pain doc has kept me in good shape, I really love her, despite having all the bedside personality of a turtle, she is kind and thorough.

Up, how fantastic that your OH turned that around so quickly! Four kgs?? Wow! But even better, the other numbers. Was it easy for hm to adjust? My own OH has dropped 15 or so in the past few months, said “it’s not really hard, just eat less.” Right. I gave him a short lecture from my perspective and may have enlightened him a bit. I mean seriously, of course it’s easy for him, he doesn’t cook, rarely enters a grocery, has no sweet tooth or girl hormones. Walk a mile in the moccasins, please.

Guess it is time to pack again! Must douse myself in coffee first. Have a great weekend teamπŸ”†πŸ˜˜πŸΈxxx

Jade, I have to laugh! A bath? Only in America! πŸ˜‰

We have all sorts of fancy caravans in Oz now as so many older people, called Grey Nomads, pack up and go for months on end, around Australia. I have yet to see a bath though! And definitely not in a campervan! 20 years ago when I lived in the U.S, it was common to see large motorhome, winnebago type things towing RV’s. That was amazing to us because Aussies generally didn’t drive big cars even compared to yours.We didn’t really have those kind of things here. Just a normal car towing a van. One of the big differences I think is that petrol (gas!) used to be so inexpensive in the U.S, as well as the cars compared to ours.

Even today, if we hire a medium car in the U.S, it will be far from what we call medium!

Anyway, re my husband. The thing he found hardest was the coffee. He would go and buy himself a piccolo if he started to get a caffeine withdrawal headache. I think he actually had 4 small coffees in the week. He likes cold drinks and normally would have a few icy coffees a day at home made with low fat milk as well as proper coffee at work. He basically switched to sparkling mineral water instead.

He rewarded himself last night with a wine, just a small one. I went and bought some new wine glasses that are smaller than his favourite ones. I think he will have a wine tonight and then no more until next Friday.

And yes, strangely, I didn’t lose 4 kilos this week… men!

CG, you are right. We just have to do it! πŸ™‚

Good morning team, I’m with you Up…a BATH, good heavens! A shower yes, but a bath? Well done for your o/h too, why is it so much easier for men?
    Well, we are all into countdown mode, back into stringent fasting come Monday,let’s be happy again with who we see in the mirror, and remember the pride when the scales show our resolve is working☺️
    We will probably struggle come Thursday for our scond fast, but with encouragement and support from each other WE CAN DO IT, it’s nothing new to any of us so BRING IT ON, don’t sweat the small stuff, no excuses, and remember the tape measure this time around,start your food diary so you can check back on which meals were easy and worked FOR YOU, we are all different, so keeping your own track record is the perfect aid😊 and personally, I think the “normal” eating and stringent fasting is the way to go, the TDEE makes life too difficult and easy to drop the ball when counting daily, and that’s how I succeeded so easily in the beginning, but…whatever floats your boat…right?☺️
    Have a lovely weekend team, try not to be hard on yourself, life is for living and 5:2 is only part of it…not all of itπŸ’•πŸ˜‰ cuddles xxxxx

One week in and maintaining weight. It has been especially cold all week so there was no chance of doing any gardening. Losing cm around the waist at long last.(Heart problems in family). The Manchurian pears have been flowering for the last week really early for here. Good to see the early spring indicators, it just lifts your spirits.

Good morning to you all!!
    I was looking for a forum that represented my plan! DETERMINATION!!!
    I’m back to the 5:2 (had a crack a few mths ago) after being told by my gastro Dr that my gut had to go or else
    it was my gall bladder!!
    Dont want any surgery so this is def the better option!!
    95kg…163cm tall… 55y/o.
    I would appreciate your support!

Hi HT, we’ll shorten your name, hope you don’t mind. You have come on board at the perfect time, most of our team have been pretty slack over this bitterly cold winter and are all starting back with gusto Monday, so stick with us, we’ll lead the way for you and help you along this wonderful path of good health and weigh loss….all the best, and ask all the questions you want, there are no silly questions either, and one or more of the team will have an answer for you….CG xx

Morning all, back home from my girls night out and yes…had too many wines. Good thing we are all being called to action by CG as it is certainly time. Going off the alcohol should make a difference as I have had too many celebrations of late. No more parties or visitors for a while so all should be good. Daughter does not drink any alcohol so won’t get into too much trouble at her house. Actually looking forward to getting back into everything. Especially the pool regularly. And weighing every Friday with the hope that there has no been a loss. Lately it has bee with the hope there has not been too much gain. You are right CG. WE CAN ALL GET BACK ON THE WAGON IF WE REALLY TRY…SO LETS DO IT, πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡ haven’t seen that little emoji for a while!,

You gave us all a shock GG with that little typo, and 10 houses in a week, when do you start in aged care?
    UP what a great weight loss for your OH, and good news about the reduction in blood pressure also.
    Gyps. Have you found all the little slippery ones yet?
    SJ hope your are enjoying yourself.
    FIT. Sounds like you have had an absolutely amazing week, except for the little mishap.
    Jade. I’m with UP about the van. Our van is a very old one just 16ft long, or 4.8 metres long,with a proper single bed at the back, and a table and chairs that drop down to make another single bed in the front. The middle consists of a fridge, sink, a microwave, where the oven used to be and quite a nice lot of cupboard space, and bench top. I have a portable toilet beside my single bed which comes in handy during the night.
    We do your cooking outside on a portable BBQ or frypan and we eat outside also. It has a roll out awning, which is simple to pull out.and it has sides we can put up all round if necessary in bad weather. So was not expensive at all but certainly does the trick for any camping, travelling we want to do. πŸŽͺπŸŽͺ
    I guess if you are not relocating then it would make perfect sense for you to invest in a good van with all the comforts of home. I guess it would depend it you can get OH into the mood to use it regularly. That is what stops us from going more regularly. OH just can’t be bothered. But then he is 74 yrs old so guess he is entitled to slow up. I must admit I am also slowing up which comes with being in my 70th year and by back and leg issues. We used to go camping all of the time until a few years ago and have had everything from tents to a larger van and everything in between, depending on how many kids at home at the time.

WTF 2017 getting closer , almost September!!! Can’t wait. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    Best get going and throw some clothes in a bag and the food out of the fridge and move to Daughters.

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Thank CG…its very cool to know that you all have my back…
    I’m keen to know what exercise you all do…so I can make the most of this..

Thanks team for the warm welcome back. It is nice to get reacquainted. Nice to have you onboard HT. If you stick with us you will see that we are all human and do fail at times but we have all lost weight on the 5:2 diet and can do so again. Your doctor has no doubt told you that it’s a good idea to cut down on fatty foods if you have gall bladder problems.
    Yes SJ I’m still a reader so any new books that you have enjoyed I’d be glad to hear about.
    While trying to improve my body issues I’ve been trying to keep my brain active. I’ve come across a very good brain trainer called Elevate. It’s moslty to do with maths and laungage and takes me about 10 minutes a day. It’s an app and I have it on my iPad.
    I’ve set aside this arvo to prepare some FD meals. I’m starting with a soup that’s main ingredients are Shiitake mushrooms and noodles. Both low in calories and the flavours come from miso paste, ginger and lemongrass. I plan to make a list later today for my next grocery shopping as I need to stock up on 5:2 ingredients again.
    Enjoy the weekend team. SJ was it you who quoted ” eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we diet. “?
    Doggy πŸ˜‡

Hi HT, when the weather warms up, I do water aerobics, I’ve had back surgery and find this helps with phisyo exercises, but good old walking is the best, if you can manage it, and some like palates, but bottom line is ANY movement? Exercise doesn’t help weight loss but DOES help with toning😊

Hay Doggy, how about that soup recipe, it sounds yum, or is it the one on our recipe site? It is lovely to have you back😊

Our posts must have crossed HT . A great big Welcome to this thread, as you can see we chat about everything..good time to join as we have all just recommitted to 5.2 as CG has indicated so it is all of us back on the horse as of Monday. I’m like CG I do exercises in the hydrotherapy pool due to back and leg complaints. But all exercise is good for you so it is best to do something you enjoy doing as you will be more likely to stick to it. Where do you live? πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Hi team!Sorry about the heart starter typo….Imagine my tyraid if it where fact!.
    WELCOME HT…you have come to the right site for support….the occasional off the beaten track topics.
    We have all had our time out with this WOL…hit those blastered plateaus for way too long etc etc etc….Now with renewed enthusiasm and OUR STRONG AUSSIE DETERMINATION …WE WILL DO THIS ,SO BRING IT ON!!!
    Our exercise between us all is aqua aerobics, pilates,running, the plan old brisk to normal walking 30-45 + each day. The best thing is to keep on moving as much as you can…. find what you are comfortable with in your choice of exercise and go from there.

This cold weather has been most unkind to us…the joy of endless reaching for “the comfort” food is still there to tempt us, it is back to bringing our 4P’s into buisness. Do you need reminding what they are?
    1..PLANNING…getting those meals planned for Fast and Non fast days
    2..PREPARATION… preparing all the wonderful foods into interesting, satisfying, healthy dishes.
    3..PERSITANCE…sticking with the basic fundermentals of the 5:2 WOL and its health benifits
    4..PATIENCE…knowing that by following the famous 10 minute rule and fasting 2days each week , we will achieve our weight goal in time.
    TIME IS ON OUR SIDE IN THIS WOL AND WOE ….WE CAN DO THIS!!!

HI FIT….great to hear that the spanish hols are going well and you are relaxing .
    PH…..not long now to the move to your new home. Best wishes for the open house ….and a pleasant surprise on the price of the old home.
    UP…well done to hubby on his 4kg loss and healthier outlook on life. You have taught him well . Try to turn him to decaf coffee a few times a day and have a barista made coffee as treat each week. Moccona make a great decaf . I really cannot tell the difference now.
    JADE….thinking of you and family. Memorials are a celebration and sad time .I missed my Dad so much more on the anniverssry of his passing 2 weeks ago. Hope the NEW YORK weather is fine and sunny for your special timexxxx
    Have a fabulous weekend team…for next week its full on serious 5:2…….HUGS……GO GALXXXXXXX

Wow!!!
    This is great!!
    Thanks Dogs,PHats and CG.
    Yes.. low fat food, will get my butt moving more frequently… my dog Peanut will be most grateful!!
    I live in Melb.
    Do you guys exercise on the Fast days?

Thanks GoGal…πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Hi HT …yes I exercise on FD….usually pilates 3 times a week …I have a strong core which is great for us perimenapusal gals and I am a nurse with a 2nd job as a carer cleaning homes…..GO GALXXXXX

HT we are all great dog lovers here too, so welcome PeanutsπŸΆπŸ’•xx

Hi All and a big welcome to HT. I’m the only one from the west at the moment. Others are from Vic NSW & Qld – never had anyone from SA from memory. But we do have 2 honorary aussies at present from Ireland and the USA – they were such treasures we couldn’t turn them away!! πŸ™‚
    So glad that everyone is ready to begin anew together on Monday. I’ve made half-hearted attempts but have caved in usually so we all need everyone’s support. Yes I exercise on FD’s but I find that I can’t walk as far. My legs just don’t have the energy & yet others do really well on FD’s.
    Thanks for the reminder GG re the 4 P’s. We will sure all need them next week. And yes comfort food has been what has caused my downfall on most days or evenings. So I reckon that an active forum is really helpful as we can hop on anytime & know that someone will be there to encourage us or like CG to kick us in the butt if we need it!
    Doggie it wasn’t me with the “eat drink & be merry” statement. Was it CG or GG or??? I’ve been reading the Neopolitan novels by Elena Ferrante – just in the middle of the 4th book. Great reads all of them about a lifetime friendship between 2 Italian girls. It’s a set of 4 books. First one is called “My brilliant friend”.

Well my SIL and I will be ready to get back into 5:2 on Monday – so glad she’s on 5:2 as it will be so much easier for me. She’s here for 2 weeks. Maybe my brother & OH will have to cook their OWN dinner that night! I’m ready to get back on the horse & kick all this extra fat to the kerb!!! suejen XXXX

Woohoo sj, the whole team is back on deck…except our Gyps, but with what she has on her “plate” at the moment I’m not surprised. Your SIL is welcome to join our team too, so welcome her aboard as well, this winter has really taken it’s toll with us all, reaching for the comfort food, maybe because we aren’t carrying as much fat for warmth as in the past?πŸ˜‰πŸ’•, cuddles xxxxx

Hi all!
    You’ve been a very busy mob in my absence. Loving all the posts and renewed determination. I’m on board for sure, especially since I hopped on the scales and found 1.5 kg hopped on with me 😱 It could be worse but it’s best to reverse it asap!
    Welcome aboard, HT, this is a great, supportive group and we all share our ups and downs with lots of advice and good humour thrown in!
    UP, fantastic news for your OH but so annoying! Lol! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ
    GG, great reminders for us all, thank you!
    CG, brilliant pep talk, just what we need!
    SJ, it’s wonderful to have your SIL on board. Best of luck to her!
    PH, glad to hear that you had a lovely time with your gal pals. Enjoy staying with your d and best of luck for a quick sale!
    Doggy, well done on the brain training too, it’s important not to neglect our heads in the middle of the search for the body beautiful! πŸ˜‰
    Jade, wow! You must be a champion sulker to have OH buying you clothes! Lessons please!πŸ’ͺ πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ
    Right, I better get back to the laundry……back down to earth with a bang! 😳😝

Hey team and welcome HT – just ducking in fast to say GOOD HEAVENS NO I DIDN’T MEAN A BATHTUB in a van LOL! Just a toilet in a tiny room with one of those handheld sprayers that snaps onto the faucet so you can hose yourself down. The smaller ones we’ve looked all have at least the toilet. OH is far too old and set in his ways to use the community showers/restrooms if we ever do go camping. He’d rather take his chances with the bears in the forest. Our only decision now is whether to get a trailer to hook onto our pickup truck or get an all-in-one that has the truck built in, which would be more fun for taking the dogs. Who knows…we do a HECK of a lot of shopping for things we never end up buying.

And speaking of showers, it’s time to hop into the one in this hotel room so we can meet the fam for lunch. It is beautiful weather in NYC, already had a lovely walk in Central Park with the few family members who were up. Love to all, Monday looms, let’s all have a glorious weekend β™₯οΈπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’šxxx

Hi all. The middle of the night here. Went to bed early after big night with the girls and so wide awake now. What great posts. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ‘So much renewed determination. Looking forward to th this challenge with you all. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
    Jade…you did give us all a challenge trying to fit a bath into a van. If I were considering a newer one it would sure have a toilet and shower in it. And I think that we only live once and should give anything a try. We have had so much joy out of our vans/tents over the years and would not change any moment of it. Go for it girl, you can always sell it again if it does not work out. Nothing ventured nothing gained!! oH might like the thought of going places if he has his own comfortable space. Nothing quite like sitting out u der the stars and enjoying nature etc with in a nice comfortable chair with a good tipple or two. πŸΉπŸ˜‰
    Fit . Such wonderful memories you will have about how you came ho,e with an extra 1.5 kgs. Worth every kg but knowing you it will be gone again before it gets used to being there.

GG good reminders about the 4 P’s. Going to give the drink that someone shared with all the good thing in it. Got some 750ml jars the other day . It looks so refreshing.

CG. Well done on the kicking us up the butt speech. I think we all needed that.

SJ. How good to have someone to join you on the 5.2 journey, if only for a little while. Great visitors. πŸ€—πŸ€—

HT. Melbourne, CG is just a stones throw away from you. I’m from Nana Glen, soon to be Woolgoolga, near Coffs Harbour on the north coast of NSW. And yes I do go to the pool on Fast Days. As I go at 8am I don’t feel any different than any other day as I don’t usually eat till mid morning anyway.

UP. Loved the pics of the labradoodle. My nephew is looking for one for after they move into a new home. That is the one battling cancer. They have sold their unit at the coast, and his mother, my SIL who lost her husband last year has sold her house in Bris and they have bought a large home at Ormau with three bedrooms upstairs, and a two bedroom flat below for mum and they will be able to look after each other. Win win situation. Going to spend Christmas there this year with them all.

Big Hi to you Doggy and Gyps. Getting drowsy again so will try for some more shut eyeπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Hi all. My big news which has nothing to do with 5/2 is that I got one of those puppies myself! Turns out my husband had been thinking along the same lines. A long story goes with this but suffice to say that if you saw the FB pics, I got Dora The Explorer, name will change though.

Well, that was just interrupted by my new friend just coming and throwing up beside me after running around with her big brother too soon after breakfast. By the time I got back with the paper towel, she had cleaned it up herself!

Anyway, pics will appear quite soon! Have a good day, puppy proofing occurring here!

Good morning-evening team, Oh Up, how wonderful, nothing like a new puppy in the home it’s funny how someone so little and innocent can really rule the roost😊 I wish you lots of years of fun and love togetherπŸ’•
    Jade, good thing you cleared up our misconception of the bathπŸ˜… You would need one hell of a big van to accommodate it! Having the shower and loo, and laundry trough makes you very self sufficient, good luck, and I hope it comes off for you both, it will give o/h incentive to get away😊
    Fit lovely to have you back, lots of wonderful memories for you, and golly, 1.5k will be gone in a week, I gain and lose that over my weekend and Monday fast!
    The old story of gaining and losing the same 1-2 K’s, but never seem to go under grr😑 But with us all back on board with supportive enthuiasm we should all see some positive movementπŸ˜‰….before Xmas, and THAT’s only around the corner😱
    I have just put a beautiful piece of beef in my slow cooker for dinner tonight, then cold meat and salad and or veg tomorrow night for my fast😊 So my preparing and planning is taking shape…..how is yours going?
    Still very cold and overcast here,doesn’t do much to brighten the spirits, but good inside weather for catch up before our warmer months come. I’m hoping to get my temp fence up for Gyps and Bella this week so they can have a run and nibble on the grass, always my favourite time,they kick and run and just really don’t know what to do with themselves and their new found freedom☺️ They are such a joy.
    Have a lovely day team, our two fasts this coming week are nothing new, and nothing to panic about, it is only TWO days and WE CAN DO ITπŸ˜‰πŸ’• cuddles xxxxx

PH, sorry I forgot to say how lovely to have the rush and hard work behind you.It’s now time to rest, feet up, and looking forward to the big move. What a wonderful time for you, life just keeps offering more so enjoy, cuddles xx

Well… my Sunday has started with a good 4km
    Walk with Peanut and assisting 17yo son
    Getting ready for his GF footy final!!!
    Woohoooo!!πŸ†πŸ‰!!
    So my first two Ps are underway..
    Feeling good … hope this can become a lifestyle not just a diet!!
    Good luck to all… I’ll check in tmoro after a win on the field and fast! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘ŠπŸ»πŸ’ͺ🏻🀘🏻

UP. She was my fav when I first saw them. You will have so much fun with her. πŸ’›πŸ’›

Good luck HT for a win -win, footy and 5:2😊

My planning has started also. Cooked my Hard boiled eggs. Going shopping today for some chicken for dinner. OH will be doing the cooking still so D and I will be getting some good meals with mostly veg and a small amount of protien this week. Need to get some salad on board. The weather is just absolutely beautiful. Going to check out the Woolgoolga Community Gardens today as they are having an open day. Hoping to get OH interested in joining. D is in charge of the gardens at her school also and asked him to come and help out there also. Lots of options to keep him out of my hair if we cam just get him motivated. Gotta go πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Hello team. HT, I live near St Helens on the NE coast of Tasmania. I used to live near Melbourne and worked there for many years. I’m a retired nurse. There a few of us on this site.
    Well today was my day of reckoning. I got the dreaded scales out and I’ve managed to pile on 8 kilos in six months. My measurements are all up by 7 cm too. Shock horror. This is the first time in my life I’ve actually felt uncomfortable due to being overweight. It’s not a pretty picture as I can’t even get to wash my feet comfortably in the shower as my big fat tummy is in the way. My exercise routine consists of walking. We live in a beautiful part of the world and have lots of lovely walks to choose from. Walking with all this excess weight is not a lot of fun. I’m another dog lover so do take him for a walk every day, mostly before breakfast while it’s still not too hot. Believe it or not but it does get hot here too!
    CG I’ve added the Hot and sour soup recipe to our thread.
    I’m going to cook up a spare plate of dinner for my hubby today so I don’t have to do it tomorrow. He’s as skinny as a greyhound, much to my annoyance. !
    XX Doggy

Good morning/evening team, are you ready??? FAST FAST FAST 😊 Yep, this is IT, all back to our proven WAY OF LIFEπŸ˜‰ Nothing new, nothing scarey, we have all had great results in the past, so lets do it again☺️
    “Instead of giving yourself reasons why you can’t, give yourself reasons why you CAN”☺️ Okay team, away we gooooo πŸ’—xxxxxx

Doggy, thankyou for the soup recipe too πŸ˜‰πŸ’•xxx

Hello everyone. This is my first fast day for 6 months and I’ve actually been looking forward to it. I so need to get rid of all this blubber that has congregated round my girth plus other places. My breakfast consisted of Lean Cuisines Malaysian Laksa chicken soup. It’s super easy as all I have to do is zapp it in the microwave. It’s 178 calories a serve. I usually keep a few in my freezer.
    SJ thanks for the book titles. I will look out for them. I’ve been listening to quite a few audiobooks of late and also podcasts. I like to do that while sewing or other handcrafts.
    I see one of you mentioned that Gypsy is not with us at the moment. Is her leprechauns health playing up again? If so I’m sorry to hear that.
    It’s a lovely sunny day here after a chilly start. I’ve just got back from a nice walk. My little poodle Pepper is driving me nuts today. It’s like he’s had pep pills for brekkie and is very hyper. I’ve just put him outside with a bone but he’s constantly barking so I need to go and bring him in before the neighbours complain.
    Enjoy the day team. We can do this.

Hi team we all in for the FD ride today? Ready and rearing to go to either lose more or lose what we’ve gained. That’s 5 kilos for me so I’m sure ready. SIL and I have picked out a fish recipe for tea so all is ready. She has a corn thin for lunch so I’ll join her & hb egg for brekky.
    You’re right CG it’s not difficult we all know what to do and what worked for us….and we can do it again, over and over until we get to our goals. And no excuses for us today!! Yes it’s still cold and we love our comfort foods but just for one day we can manage team πŸ™‚ Let’s all keep in touch if the going gets tough and someone will rescue you! Have a successful day all. Suejen xxxx

Hi, I am in for the fast today! I will try and show a pic of my new baby for those who haven’t seen him.

Not much news. Haven’t eaten yet but will have a had boiled egg later. My daughter has taken 2 days annual leave to fly up and see the pup. She was desperate! We will have our usual FD steak and salad tonight as she needs the red meat! Then I will pretty much continue to do the heart healthy type meals over the rest of the week.

photo IMG_3970_zpsp6kl1zmn.jpg

Up,what a gorgeous pup. I hope,he brings you many years of companionship and joy.
    I’m 3/4 way through my first FD for a while and it’s going OK. It’s pretty chilly here today with a cold wind blowing off the sea. I’m thinking I may treat myself to some Jarrah hot chocolate later on. It will take me a smidgen over the 500 calories but not much.
    I’ve just started using MFP again and am getting very grumpy with all the pop up adds. Does this happen to anyone else? If this continues I’ll dump it as there are other similar apps around.

Well done Doggie esp on a cold day. The jareah hot choc is my evening mainstay for cold days…so look forward to it! Haven’t noticed the ads but if there are I’ll be gone too.
    Hang in there everyone and reach for the success you know you want πŸ™‚ sj xxx

Hi all
    Work day FD .. Doing ok.. Had protein muesli
    for brekky and lots of water during day.
    Flagging a bit now.. Just home .. Going to have a cuppa and get salad ready for dinner.
    Hope everyone has got by today πŸ˜€

Hi team, now is the hardest part of the day, so I understand your struggle…..would it matter if you had an early dinner??? You don’t need to wait till late to eat,and have the jarrah around 8ish or black tea/coffee, don’t give in, we are all in this togetherπŸ˜‰ And Doggy, you are doing well after so long, HT, try not to get tempted when making the salad! Cuddles….WE CAN DO THIS xxxxx

Hi all!
    Oh, dear…..the snacking demon moved back in as soon as I got home πŸ‘ΉπŸ˜‘ I tried fasting yesterday (Sunday) but that was scuppered by a shopping outing with my two sisters. Can’t fast today either because I’m having afternoon tea with my French class. So I’ll have to try tomorrow because I’m putting on more weight here than I did in Spain! Well done to all of you with your renewed grit and determination πŸ’ͺπŸ‘
    Jade, I hope you’ve been having a lovely time in the big apple with lots of precious family moments πŸ’žπŸ˜ƒ
    PH, you must be thrilled with all you’ve achieved in recent months. I hope you get good news on the sale very soon. Did you have a nice time at the gardens in Woolgoolga?
    UP, what an adorable puppy! I’m sure he will provide lots of fun and lively company in the years ahead. Did you choose a name yet?
    HT, well done on successful fd….you can do this! Have a hard boiled egg, miso soup or carrot sticks ready to keep you on track if you start feeling peckish. Best of luck! πŸ’ͺπŸ‘
    Doggy, there are lots of us in the same boat now, trying to get back on track after a lapse. So, we’ll support each other and get there in the end. Glad to hear Pepper is still leading you a merry dance….what a character! πŸΆπŸ˜ƒπŸ’ž
    SJ, you’re right, together we’re stronger and we CAN do this! Winter or summer, we have the know how and we just have to work our Aussie determination and stick to the tried and tested formula πŸ’šπŸ’žπŸ’ͺπŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ
    CG, flexibility is the key to success in this wol so we CAN make this work for us. As we’ve said before, it’s a lifestyle with lots of positives for health and well being, so it would be stupid not to persevere. So, back on the horse we go……yeehaw! πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡

Hi all, late posting.. Had a lot of trouble,getting through the day today but pleased to,say that I have successfully completed a fast,day today. Looks like some others successful too. Congratulations. Fit. You will manage it when you put your mind to it so just keep trying….off to sleep now πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’œπŸ’œ

Viewing 50 posts - 14,351 through 14,400 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.