Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,201 through 13,250 (of 14,786 total)

• Wow this thread really is pumping. It is great to see Fit and Jade chatting whilst we sleep..always have something to look forward to when we wake. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—
    Well done Fit for posting a pic…I’m with Jade..now we need to see some more. I too only go for flats these days. I remember well thr days of the really pointy high heals that only had a minuscule tip on the end. How did we ever walk in these things. Let alone do all the dancing we did. “Those were the days” ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ
    Great that your OH loves the squashed potatoes. Very handy with many a meal, we use then when having salads and grill as they beef up the content and add that little bit of carbs. Yummy.
    Nice work on the water in your mode of transport. Just goes to show we should not rush the washing..never know when you need a lot of soiled towels to save the day!

Gyps. I forgot to commeant on the paintings. They are just fabulous. I second the comment about what a talented family you have. Also read the latest chapter…great read..I am so enjoying your literary journey.

CG. Nice work on the herb garden. We have ours in pots on an old timber barbecue stand , picked up from the side of the road of course, so that we can move them into the sun all year round. Mostly they are just outside the back door but it doesn’t get sum in winter so then we roll it across to the other side to get the sun. Works a treat.

Hi to everyone else. Gotta go as OH calling me to make a start. Today is the day we go to collect the free mulch for daughters garden. So best get a move on. Talk to you all later๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Hi there, PH! As soon as I have an interesting photo I’ll be posting, don’t you worry! I love waking up to the posts from you lot ‘down under’ too, it makes a great read over my morning coffee. ๐Ÿ˜„ It’s very quiet at moment with so many away but hopefully it will pick up again soon. Meanwhile, we all have to do our best to keep the show on the road! Have a lovely time doing the gardening with your daughter….precious times๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hi team, having my hot milky coffee listening to thunder and watching the rain pour down…beauuuuutiful! The morning show here was doing a story about a rodeo, and Jade that is a bit more like Lexies high-jinxes, I think Beethoven might be a bit highbrow for this county calf! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Maybe when she is grazing?
    I woke at 6:00 then cuddled back in, the boys still sound askeep, and when the rain started falling, it lulled me back off to sleep…grrrr, I love listening to it when in bed, but never seem to stay awake!
    Jade I have Mexican Tarragon, Rosemary, Origano, Coriander and spearmint in quite large pots. I have heaps of parsley dotted through the garden where my kitchen looks out to, both curley and Italian, silverbeet most of the year, spinach,…. and put peas in yesterday too as well as savoy cabbage (in between the Peony roses as they have almost gone to ground) I have common mint in a hanging frame on the back deck in front of the kitchen, and asparagus in huge unturned compost bins ๐Ÿ˜Š They make great tubs high enough for bad backs too, but take heaps of soil to fill โ˜บ๏ธ A lot of veg I don’t bother with, only being me, it’s cheaper and less hassel to buy what I need, lettuce, caulie, in fact I will prpbably give up on the cabbage after the grubs etc take over, I’m pretty slack with sprays.
    Fit, love the poster and well done posting it, clever girl๐Ÿ˜Š I don’t post as all you’d get are my boy’s and cows! Occassionally the garden, but boring to others๐Ÿ˜‰
    Jade, your dinner sounds nice, do you soak the chicken in butter milk? Something I have never used….Roast chicken tonight, and will dish up two, one for Monday fast. I so overate yesterday, pita pockets, white, stuffed with cheese and tomato, onion and shaved ham……. then one with a chicken and corn schnitzel for dinner. All toasted in the flat press….didn’t even bother with MFP, couldn’t stand the shock๐Ÿ˜ฑ But really enjoyed the over indulgence and ease. Today would be perfect for a couple or three dim sims out of the freezer, done in my wok, steamed or fried, but will be good (I think) and have soup for lunch. Could even get to some sewing, but given up planning that as it just doesn’t happen.
    Don’t forget to plan your fast for tomorrow team, if it’s turned cold wherever you are, perfect time to get a “fridge” veggie soup on to cook, portion it up and into the freezer ๐Ÿ˜Š Ideal fast day fare. Even a stew in the slow cooker, hopefully Winter is showing it’s force, and comfort food is what we need and snuggly clothes you can now fit into without looking like the side of a house!๐Ÿ˜‰ Have a lovely day team, try to relax, it is Sunday, and the pace of life will be full on again before we know it ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜€xxxxx

PH we crossed again, yeah, that’s another readon I like the pots, I can move them to follow the sun, but they are positioned that they pretty much get it all year…..if its shining! Your day sounds perfect, I’m all for anything at that price!๐Ÿ˜ But mulch is such a garden saver, stops the moisture evaporating, keeps the weeds down and it looks effectiveโ˜บ๏ธ Enjoy the day๐ŸทXxxx

Mornin’ CG! I’m sure photos of your little corner of paradise would go down very well here and it would be lovely to see how big the calves are now. Wow, you’ve been very busy in your garden….lots of lovely, fresh produce to spice up your cooking. I’m going to make sure to plan ahead for Monday……no lunch or coffee date, so no excuse not to fast! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ช

Good luck darlin’ girl, my plans are never met lately! I have some Bovril in the fridge I use if I need some “bite” on my tongue on fast days if tea/coffee just aren’t enough….just a thought, unfortunately, a mug of that screems for fresh bread and butter to go with it๐Ÿ˜‰ My money is on you..YOU CAN DO IT, it’s FOR you, you deserve it, and that self pride of achieveing another fast under your belt๐Ÿ˜‰ You don’t need a boot, you need understanding, you have so much to contend with, but conscious eating will take care of the fasting with portion control ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’•xx

Hello everyone. A pinch and a punch, May already. ! Thanks for the words of encouragement. Re my diet. I don’t really like sweet things, so depriving myself of sugar is no problem. Mind you, chocolate is another animal entirely and I know if I have it in the house I will eat it. Same with chips, nuts etc. I make my own bread ( bread maker machine ) and know that I eat too much of that. I’ve decided to cut back on the amount I eat though, so that will be a start. We do eat lots of veggies but must admit to liking rice too. What’s it with those damn carbohydrates that make it hard to resist them.
    Jade I like the sound of your buttermilk chicken. How about sharing the recipe with us?
    Well we’ve got rain forcast and a possible thunder storm but so far it’s only spook Asem. That is Afrikaans for ghost breath meaning not a lot.
    CG, you mention Netlix. Our damn ISP has slowed our broadband speed right down as I went over the limit. It’s supposed to be unlimited data. Now it’s impossible to stream anything. Luckily I have lots of old DVDs that I’ve found so they are getting a re run. In the meantime we are looking out for another ISP. Be warned. IPrimus don’t understand the meaning of unlimited and are guilty of false advertising.
    XX Doggy

Thanks for encouragement and understanding, CG! But don’t give me too much sympathy, I just wallow in it. It’s a rainy Sunday here, wish I could send it to you and Doggy! I’m taking my sister to my house for Sunday lunch but it’s becoming a real struggle to get her to go anywhere.
    Doggy, I haven’t found it a huge battle to ease back on the carbs, even though I was a spud fanatic, but chocolate….now that’s a whole new ball game! Just can’t say no! I try not to have it in the house but usually have few mini bars for visitors and end up dipping into them eventually when I’m feeling weak. Yesterday was one of those days, so I’m back on the wagon again today! ๐Ÿ˜Š Best of luck getting your broadband sorted, it’s a pain in the a**!

Morning Fit, sorry you’re having to care for sis on a rainy day. Those of us WITHOUT dementia can be grumpy then. ๐Ÿ˜ก Maybe you can set your mind on what’s to come after you are done? Even if just sitting in a cozy chair reading the AD thread ๐Ÿ’• It helps me to do that sometimes just to take my mind off being stuck in a frustrating situation. I think to myself well, X hrs from now this will be over. I dunno, just a thought. You’re such a good soul to keep trying with her. ๐Ÿ’—

CG I loved the good bad and ugly music, thank you! We all loved that one back in the day, especially when we were all budding musicians. ๐ŸŽค๐ŸŽธ

And speaking of dementia I must try calling my mom. If I don’t get her before 11, she’ll be out of her room for lunch and then I can never get her. Wish I could go see her but the distance is too great to happen often, and then OH wants to go so it must be planned out. Ah well – Dawg I’ll post the chicken recipe on the other thread later, It’s yummy. I actually behaved last night, because I had planned how to do that beforehand, I think I remember the 4Ps occasionally ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ xxxxx

Well, I couldn’t reach her…but I always walk out by the garden when I call, and look what was there to cheer me up <3:
     photo sundaygarden_zpskhlvqhoa.jpg

Hi Jade, got through the afternoon with my sister with a small amount of my sanity intact, I think! I’m far from a good soul but thanks for thinking so. How sweet is that photo…. I’m amazed! I thought shamrock didn’t grow anywhere outside of Ireland, but maybe that’s another myth! I had a look at your fried chicken recipe, it looks yummy! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I hope you get to talk to your mum soon and that she’s doing well. ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ‘

Fit, I’m not used to seeing the shamrock here either, though we have wild clover (but not with the heart-shaped leaves). I took it as an “it’ll be OK” from you ๐Ÿ’— – though I admit I can get creative when interpreting these things. ๐Ÿ‘ And what do you know, my sweet brother called me while visiting mom this afternoon ๐Ÿ˜‡ and though she wasn’t in shape to talk, I did get to tell her I loved her and had a nice chat with him too. And at least I know she’s OK. I’m glad your work today is done – let’s have a cyber glass of wine to celebrate ๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐ŸŽ‰!

CG I’m sure your calves would do Beethoven proud.๐Ÿฎ๐ŸŽง If my herbs ever get a decent size I have loads of pots I can transfer them to when the cold weather rolls back around. Doesn’t look as though the oregano is going to reward my efforts, but the basil and cilantro are sprouting, along with misc flower seeds. Everything else was purchased as seedlings, all doing great with the rain we’ve had. I mulched the paths along the raised beds so the pups can join me to inspect the progress. ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ’• Oh btw no, I don’t usually have clients anymore, but my students worked on some issues for people who had called a local tv help line. The news folks came and interviewed my class recently, so we should be on tv this coming week, oh goody ๐Ÿ˜ณ

PH I shared the making of the smashed/squashed potatoes with my friend last night, and we both agree that “squashing” them is great fun! I had to egg her on, she was giving them these puny little jabs but finally let loose and flattened the tar out of them. ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ˜ป So good, too!

Ugh, I’m checking my comments on student papers today and trying to figure out grades… It’s all making me super hungry. I was going for a FD but the siren call of leftover chicken…well let’s just say we’ve shifted the goal but there still IS one ๐Ÿ’ช I’m halfway through the grading, so I’m kicking myself to get done. ๐Ÿ‘ข๐Ÿ‘ข๐ŸŒ‚ (ouch!) xxx

You were completely right, Jade. That shamrock is indeed a little emissary from me just guiding your steps until you reach the end of the rainbow here in the Emerald Isle! All will be well ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒI’m so glad your brother rang while visiting your mum, what a lovely surprise and so reassuring for you too. I’m going to pour myself a peach schnapps and toast our little green hearts joining us together across the ocean! โ˜˜๐Ÿ’šโ˜˜๐Ÿ’š

Hi team, Jade the chicken dish does sound yum…..for some reason, that was he only email I got, nothing from the AD thread, my “tick” had vanished, but good now. I don’t bother much with seeds Jade, seedlings get a better chance here of surviving. I have been buying Basil fresh at Aldi, it’s getting too cold for it now. Golly, it’s cold this morning. I’m giving gym a miss, just can’t be bothered and still a bit too tender in the back.(so being gentle with myself) Ironing waiting too, so that will control my morning๐Ÿ˜
    Doggy, I have a Telstra TV, it’s basically like a USB and makes the telly a “smart” TV, so that’s how I get Netflix, (they and others alke are available ant electrics stores or online)plus the others on offer like Stan and Presto etc. Still, it’s good to catch up on old DVD’s, they are usually better than what’s on offer. Carbs have been biting me on the bum too, I’m still zigzagging because of them I think, chocky bikkies last few nights with my coffee, just enough to do the damage. I almost pull a muscle patting myself on the back thinking it’s been a good day….then stupidy reward myself with them…DUMB!!!
    Fit, I’m glad the day with your sister is over, it’s not easy for you and seems to be on going forever! Any niceties she has are probably for other carers, if at all, but being so familiar with you, as family, she can be the absolute pain she wishes to be. Chin up, I know you can do it๐Ÿ’•
    I just received a message from Glenn, he just landed, I did remind him last night to keep a pull over with him, going from that heat and humidity to this cold snap will really hit him. So there is bound to be along catch up phone call later when he gets home from the airport.
    Well, fasting again today, roast chicken and veg from last night dished up already for tonights dinner, now to keep the faith and show will power, strength, or just good old bloody AUSSIE DETERMINATION to be good all day before I eat it!
    “My people skills are just fine, it’s my tolerance to idiots that needs work”๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’•xxxxx

Fit enjoy the schnapps, it sounds well deserved, and even if it isn’t, it’s lovely to treat yourself ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿทxxxx

Hi there CG! I’m glad Glenn is back home safe and sound. It will be lovely to catch up on all his news. It’s good that you are taking things easier with your back, the cold weather makes it difficult to warm up the muscles properly and can lead to more injury.
    Definitely no niceties left with my sister….a combination of dementia and lack of awareness of herself and others have put paid to that. At the moment, we’re considering having her admitted to hospital for tests because she’s complaining alot about digestive problems. However, it’s hard to know if the problems are real and, if she’s in hospital, she won’t get the level of personal care that she needs…..so it’s quite a dilemma. On the other hand, we can’t ignore the situation in case her problems are real and she really has something wrong. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜–

Hi all, another fast day happening today and boy do I need it….. I really blew it last night. My footy team played OH’s team and it was a great game….we had too many glasses to cheer them on.๐Ÿท๐Ÿน๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿน๐Ÿท๐Ÿน. Oh well, someone has to do it. When we got to the place to pick up the mulch there was a sign that it had been cancelled!! The best laid plans of mice and men!! There is A long list of jobs to do at Daughters place so had no trouble filling in the time with her. Planting more shrubs, covering cushions, fixing a blouse, hanging mirrors etc. we had a lovely day and will try again next weekend for the mulch. Lucky my old sewing machine at her place is still working well as I am having real trouble with the tension on the one at home . Think I’ll have to bite the bullet today and get a new one…will miss my old friend!!

I will have to look up the chicken recipe Jade , I put a chicken crock pot on before I left home yesterday and it was a disaster( new recipe)….good thing we had had a few drinks to help with thinking it was OK to eat. Have dei Now I know why OH does most of the cooking. Lucky me๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹. Nice of your brother to phone you when he was with your mum. It must be hard being so far away and wondering how she is. Hope you got through your marking…and FIT how special to send Jade a little shamrock!! You must have powers you are just discovering…could it be since you have inspired that wonderful lead character in Gyps blockbuster novel!!! ( can’t remember the correct spelling for T),,

CG your. herbs sound great. And how welcome is that lovely rain. We had a big storm yesterday, just wonderful for the gardens. โ›ˆโ›ˆโ›ˆ

Doggy. What a bummer with the carrier. I am looking into all of them at the moment as my contract with Telstra has finished..and they are too expensive for unlimited……so much to consider that it will take weeks.

I imagine SJ and GG are enjoying their respective holidays…๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’• to you both..

Well best get going , have my hard boiled eggs at the ready……..we can do this gals!! Fast.day here we come…๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Sounds like you had a lovely evening cheering on your team with OH. You have to have a drink when you’re doing that! It’s against the rules not to, I’m sure! I reckon you and OH should hire yourselves out as a team of fixers…..with your combined skills, you’d be in great demand in any household! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thanks, Fit, I just knew it was you – and after all Tannouie does have many powers. โœจ๐Ÿ’ชโœจ You gals do keep me laughing ๐Ÿ˜‚ – PH I can just picture you and OH cheering against each other, and indeed those potions aren’t going to drink themselves! Sounds like s rollicking good time regardless whose team prevailed.
    CG your quote is so perfect today, as I am tolerating a lot of crappy writing, while trying to remember that the students aren’t writing badly on purpose or to annoy me, but it sure seems that way sometimes ๐Ÿ˜ค Good point too about Fit’s sis, my OH has told me many times that his trust in me allows him the comfort of being himself when he’s down (i.e., a pain in the ass ๐Ÿ˜), no pretending. And I get it, only it seems I do a LOT of pretending in return a/k/a keeping my mouthy self quiet ๐Ÿค HA HA well, whatever works. Cheers all, my nose ๐Ÿ‘ƒ is going back to the grindstone. xxxxx

Jade, you are a rock and a safe haven for your OH and it’s lovely that he realises that. I hope you have someone else to lean on until he is feeling strong enough to do the same for you. Mind that nose of yours, you’re going to need it for testing the whiskeys over here! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hello team. Jade thanks for the buttermilk chicken recipe. I will certainly give it a try. Oh Fit you poor thing with the ongoing problems with your sister. Dementia is such a cruel disease. I heard on the radio today that i they are considering trying to use Marijuana for medicinal use in some cases.
    CG we used to have Telstra but could never make head or tail out of their billing system. I swear it’s drawn up by lawyers to confuse us. I have Apple TV and I like that as it can stream all sorts of stuff via my iPad.
    For those who enjoy a good read. I recently read ” The girl on the train ” by Paula Hawkins. I found it very good with quite a few twists and turns.
    It’s got quite cold here after a usually warm spell. We had lots of wind yesterday and the promise of rain but did not get much in our neck of the woods. Luckily we have very large water tanks and have not run out of water – yet! I hope I’m not tempting fate with that statement.
    XX Doggy

Damn typo. That should read UNUSUALLY warm spell.

Hi Doggy…..could that marijuana be for the careers, please?! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’ll try to send you some rain…we got plenty of it today ๐ŸŒง๐ŸŒง๐ŸŒง

Damned auto correct….that should be carers!! ๐Ÿ˜„

LOL Fit – some days peach schnapps isn’t enough, is it! I think the carers and the carees could use a good toke or two. ๐Ÿšฌ I could use that or a good stiff vodka after re-reading these papers – finally I am done with that pain. Lucky for me it rained ALL DAY, so I wasn’t tempted to make a break for the outside world.๐Ÿ‡ No exercise at all except my usual trot to the fridge! But a restrained lunch and dinner, just some wholegrain sprouty seedy barky no-sugar bread with way too much fiber – a slice with natural pb, another with tuna. Poor OH was so grateful when I brought him a grilled tuna melt sandwich, because I had said I wasn’t going to cook. He looks a sight, covered with those temp hot pad stick-on things (sore shoulder and back) and so ridiculously happy to be fed. Ay yi, what a madhouse – good thing there is 24/7 puppy therapy.๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ

Good night all, happy Monday/Tuesday coming up! Brand new week, yet another chance to behave ๐Ÿ˜ˆ – and of course the end of term faculty lunch, at a really good Chinese place. Is anything there not 1000 calories? xxx

Good night Jade, and just enjoy the lunch with no guilt attached, it doesn’t happen often๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿทxx

Hey, Jade, you’ve well earned that lunch so enjoy every mouthful! Well done on finishing all that paperwork and looking after OH. I hope the puppies give you lots of cuddles. ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ’ž
    Looks like a very quiet thread….how are all our MIAs doing, I wonder? Having a ball, I suspect and good on them!
    It’s a bank holiday here today, not that I really notice them anymore ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’m fasting today and hope to do so on Thursday as well. I have to get back into a routine because trying to fit in fast days on an ad hoc basis is just not working for me. Maybe that will be ok later when I’m back in the groove, but for now I need a regular pattern.
    CG, have the aches and pains eased for you? I hope so ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hi Fit, the lower back is still a bit tender so being careful, but in saying that, and getting the guilts when I sit, I gave my pantry (typo without the R wasn’t quite right๐Ÿ˜ณ) a fright today and tidied it out. I have been threatening it for the last few weeks, and today was it. I even reorganised it, as in different places (make sense?)so have everyday things closer at hand, darrrr! You’d think it would have always been like that,but no! Cling wrap and foil up the very top (out of reach) as with a lot of storage things, kitchen paper towell, tissues…but everyday cling wrap? What a twit! But it’s taken me most of the day, so didn’t miss food one bit. Just had my roast chicken from last night, very yum, then a small bowl of yoghurt. The mobile mechanic came too, nice young lad, reasonable price, so he now has a new customer๐Ÿ˜Š So should be on my ride on by weeks end, warm and sunny again, but dangerous winds tomorrow…..bitterly cold winds today too. I’m off to get those few cancers cut out tomorrow too, and Julie ( who helps me in the garden) is coming for the drive, so we’ll make a day of it with lunch……and no fasting๐Ÿ˜‰
    I hope you are in for a good day and there is a nice surprise for you waiting somewhereโ˜บ๏ธโค๏ธxxxxx

Hello to all. It is Posted! The long awaited CHAPTER SEVEN (Of Beyond The Rainbow) is BEYOND THE VORTEX. …. Finally the world hangs in the balance as the age old adversaries of light and darkness meet head on. She is the LADY OF LIGHT He is THE LORD OF DARKNESS…. And they do say ‘oposites attract’…Mmm, and then some… not that either of them plan to give in to that trap!….Oh dear, the fate of the Universe hangs in the balance , dependent this pair finding harmony.. but he is such a chauvinist… and of course, she’s not going to stand for that! War is rumbling the heavens, I can feel it on the pen… But nothing is as it seems….no one can be trusted… Kalatzar is still awol…the Prophets are usurping power and Slithers is spying on everyone……Enjoy!

Meanwhile Hattie is in the wings taking account, and Jaddai is still scouring the underworld in search of his queen!

So, sorry I have been MIA, but no time to read up on you all. I have to try to get the tale done or at least ahead in chapters before we take off for a camping run . Hoping to go up to Palm cove and try out the van Park, PH, will give you a full report. Hope all is well with you all, am still maintaining. xxxgyps

Very virtuous CG! I’m almost tempted to clear out some cupboards too! I might have to bring dinner to my sister today because one of my sils is going to try and take her to her place for lunch but I’m betting she’ll refuse to go. We have limited care today because it’s a bank holiday. My other sister has already done the breakfast shift. I’m thrilled that you have company for the long drive tomorrow and are making a day of it….brilliant! Yeayyyy, and your ride-on will be back in action too! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ It’s sunny but very breezy and chilly here today so not sure if I’ll get out for a walk….we’ll see how the housework goes first! ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hey there Gyps! Just read chapter 7 (and voted for it, of course!) Yes, things are hotting up nicely…..mmmm, like the sound of Tanouie’s sparring partner! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Should be verrrrry interesting! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Hi fit, just checked into the site and found only half the chapter had loaded up, so don’t know if you got to read his point of view. Did you get to meet Slithers? have reloaded it so is all on there now. my brain is going bleeeeeeP! at this point. I may be losing the plot! often happens with my ravings, I follow too many paths. do let me know if it doesn’t stay on any track the early chapters promised. and maybe check it out again to see if you got the whole chapter.(It was fairly long for the wattpad site this time (10pages). who knows? maybe the gremlins are stealing it!

really missing the action on here, but only so many hours in the day. xxgyps

Hi team ….just found little place to connect my ph to the internet
    I am being so spoilt by my oh…went in a helicopter today over the GREAT BARRIER REEF.I am sad to say that this woderous phenomenon is dying from the warmth of the ocean.most of the corals are bleached from this. There are numerous species of tropical fish though not as plentiful asit was 12mths ago.we have done 2 snorkeling trips thus far. The humidity is 100% . It zaps you if you not used to it…
    GYPS HOW DO YOU SURVIVE?
    THE AREA IS BEAUTIFUL….people r very friendly . The food at the Sheraton and restaurants has been fabulous. I have not given 5:2 a look in..i think i am ok as whateverI drink is quickly lost snd we are walking each day plus the exerise
    Of snorkling and swimming must be helping.
    Hope u are all well
    Cstch up later allthe best to you. ..GO GAL XXX

Woohoo GG! I’m so glad you’re having such great fun. It is sad to see how we are slowly destroying our world and it’s incredible that there are so many who are still in denial over this issue. I’m sure you’re maintaining fine with all that exercise….enjoy it all! ๐Ÿ’‘๐Ÿ ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿฌโ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿน๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿšฃ๐Ÿ›ฅ๐Ÿ–

Fit it’s like all proirities isn’t it. If it doesn’t affect them, it’s swept under the rug…..until it’s too late. We have all seen the changes in our weather, and it’s still ignored in preference to the $ So many reclaimed fuels can be used, but no $ in it it for the big companies!! Yes, all very sad, glad you are having a ball GG, one very spoilt lady!
    Gyps I’ll get to the new chapter when time permits or might even wait for the next, giving me two to read ๐Ÿค”
    Fit don’t think I’m virtuous, it was a case of have to, the pantry had changed it’s Aussie nationality to Rushin’ (Russian) it’s rushed out to greet me every time I opened the doors! But time well spent, just had a dry bikkie, naughty, but loved looking in there to check it out again, making sure I had’t dreampt it๐Ÿ˜ณ So an easy fast day exercise, which lasts…..till the next time!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’•xx

Aw, CG! There’s nothing like the satisfaction in basking in a job well done! Ok, you’ve motivated me now….I’m off to make a start on my cupboards! If I don’t post later, send out a search party…..the Russians could take me captive! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜…

Good luck Fit, I’ll stand guard!๐Ÿ˜ณxx

Gad I miss you mob out on my limb! The goddam Russians are bivouacked at my joint! The housework has totally gone to pot. I can’t quite remember why I’m sitting around writing fairy tales when I should be on the road. Or at least I couldn’t until I took the time to catch up on just one page of the posts I’ve missed. and it is all clear again. it’s just to give you lot a little escape fun in fairy land. You all so soldier on and thank god, hold each other up. And you lift me up when I am down, every time! If ever I get demented (more so) I will still have you in my Fay land, I’m sure of it! and Jade, I so know what it’s like with a depressed man in in an armchair not wanting to get out and live. (that’s also why I write fairy tales!)

Hats! You are up next chapter! heh,heh, let me know if you don’t see yourself (I’ll have a lobotomy) I really don’t care if this tale goes nowhere beyond us, it’s just so fun being out of the cupboard among friends! (except the Russians have moved in , of course)

GG. glad you are having such a good time up in our fair state. Port Douglas is a beautiful spot. And the weather is lovely by our standards at the moment. But good to know it is still too hot for you. and I am still using an aircon to sleep at night. So April is out for the 2017 WTF. It’s the 2nd of May today, so it should cool down a bit soon. Will have to dig up Gawd shortly and see what she’s up to. (haven’t even told her she’s running a brothel in Hades yet)better do it. (she’s bound to want to have a say in quality control)..
    CG Read as you will, but it could be a serial. If I go down anymore bends! should get Hatties bit up soon. then I have to go find Jaddai in the underworld! Better get on with it, nite all xx gyps,

Aha, Gyps, I KNEW I was roaming around in hell yesterday. Can’t wait to read the next installment! No chauvinist can defeat our Tannouie no matter how matter how devious he is ! ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ’ฅ
    GG I’m so pleased for you that the vacation is going well and you are being pampered โญ๏ธ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿพ!! And snorkeling ๐Ÿ ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿ˜€! I have read about the reef, so very sad that is is happening. CG, it is so true, I have seen it over and over in my life that if a problem doesn’t affect someone, they act as though it doesn’t exist. Even to the point of denying science altogether and making fun of the whole thing. The phenomenon of Trump…im hopeful it will change but I hope not too late. Ah well, back in the moment I am so happy you’re having a good time – share more of your adventure when you can, and enjoy every second๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿท๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒ™
    Man CG you are not one to sit still are you – by any chance do you have Acadian ancestors? I’m convinced that’s my deal, though I can’t say it has led me to clean out the pantry ๐Ÿ™„ (Lol, the panty!!) But how fantastic to put it in practical order. Isn’t it funny how things get put in a place for no logical reason and that’s just their place from then on. Except when OH unloads the dishwasher ๐Ÿค” and (to me) it makes even less sense. And hey congrats on the FD! I hope you got a good rest and your back isn’t mad at you today. Maybe all that bending and stretching was like Pilates though – you may have invented a new exercise ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š
    Fit, another bank holiday? Your banks sure do have a good time ๐ŸŽ‰! What’s on the menu for lunch – I remember you mentioned sis was having tummy issues. I know what you mean, though, could be real thus must be attended to, but could just be her way of controlling things. I hope the day goes well for you – here’s an “it’ll be ok” from me โ˜˜โ˜˜ – if not during lunch, then back with OH and a cool peach schnapps – boy is that good stuff. Do you add soda, orange juice, or….just tip the bottle? ๐Ÿ˜‚ Some days I feel like that! And I have chocolate vodka, mixed with strawberry cream, to prove it and oh my it’s only 7:30 and I already want one. Better shower the old hen and get her to school. ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ’ฆ Looked up “healthy choices in Chinese restaurants” and the outlook is grim ๐Ÿ˜†but either way I will enjoy myself ๐Ÿ˜ xxxx

Ah, Jade, dear one, I understand your alcoholic need. In odd moments of sobriety myself, I simply wonder why I bother. It is such a glum estate. Let us pickle on! I have excellent recipes for all your above stated favourites. If only the export excise wasn’t so grim I could send you a pallet. Or two.(why quibble?)In the meantime, I have the technology to infuse it through the vein! Should you so require (easily secrete-able for boring meetings with principals and such). I await your order and will send the broom post haste. As an emergency lift, might I suggest you resort to peach schnapps and champagne? Or if requiring food, to make meal of it. Vitamise a peach and add to the mix. An excellent punch base, and can also be frozen as ice blocks , to remain undetectable in the company of minors. Their education can only benefit , for I promise you will be inspired! (suck hard in stressful moments – the pure alcohol will leach out of the ice, for an emergency hit) one caution -do keep away from your animals, for they might expire, forthwith! I wish you a happy lot. As for myself, I am presently into the red. nice drop. But,God dammit, I cannot think where I have sent the Elf! xx gyps

Yes Jade. The banks have a great time, especially with our money! Hence, the recession ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ก The first Monday in May is actually our version of your Labour Day. I’m like my dad when it comes to drink and mixers. He was once asked at a family gathering what he would like in his whiskey and the reply was “more!” He was about 90 at the time!๐Ÿ˜‚ Ha, ha, so you see where I get it from! My SIL managed to get my sister to go to her house for lunch so I was off duty. Yesterday I gave her baked salmon and a few veg….she ate most of it under protest but then had apple pie and ice-cream no problem! Go figure! ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ™„ Have a wonderful time at the restaurant….you can always fast tomorrow! It’s almost 5pm here and I’ve just had liquids so far and a good walk with the dog ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    CG, I battled those Russians but I can’t explain how my cupboards are still in danger of exploding when I have cleared out so much rubbish and found better homes for some of the contents….it’s a mystery, there must be cupboard gremlins at work! I’ve done three small cupboards but they seem just as full now as when I started! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿค”
    Gyps, I’m really looking forward to Hats getting in on the action…..should be fun! Never mind that stupid housework, you have much more serious duties to attend to! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ป

Jade, your little โ˜˜โ˜˜ worked! I’ve had the best fd I’ve had in ages ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ It’s gone 8pm and I’ve had my only meal of the day…..half a baked salmon fillet, loads of veg but NO potatoes! I’m drinking lots of water and hoping to see a good result on the scales tomorrow. I know that’s silly, it’s not a true reading etc but it does give me the incentive to keep going…..shallow, that’s me! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Whatever works, eh?

Brrr. It’s a bit chillier here at Emu plains than port Douglas I would say and still only and 5am. Someone is snoring and I think I slept a few hours at the beginning of the night but that’s it. My tootsies feel icy despite the queen size doona I bought but other than that it’s cozy in my little single bed. I may have to do something about the fact that the curtain blind is broken and everyone who walks past can see into my room. The joys of living in community! We set up yesterday arvo and the course for the prisoners starts this morning. I hope they are truly blessed by their time with us and I’m sure we will learn lots too. I have the talking aspect of life pretty much nailed but need to get good at the listening part ๐Ÿ˜‰. That’s my personal goal for the week, along with avoiding much of the sugar overload that comes with kairos. Last night we had bbq chook and salad with potato and cheesecake for dessert. I skipped the dessert and potato. If I can keep doing this I’ll be ok. I went for a walk late last night and managed my steps to
    10000 but today we are locked in all day from 8-5 so it will be tricky.
    Gyps your posts cracked me up. You have such a way with words.
    Fit I reckon your sister may have regressed a bit to childhood where your proper meal was a means to an end and dessert was the main goal. Sugar is addictive and delicious! It must be hard for you to deal with her situation.

GG have fun.
    JADE our banks are not as dodgy as the ones in the USA, our interest rate is like 2-3% – in Europe it’s negative which does my head in as an accountant. Our laws prevent loans being made to people who can’t pay them thankfully and that shielded us somewhat from the plight of many in the USA. Plus if you default they come and grab any asset, not just the house in question. Hope you did OK with the Chinese food. I either go for a braised fish and veg or combination short soup. Their fried food is lethal calorie wise. I now avoid rice as well but I have stacks to lose so generally avoid rice, potato and pasta. Calorie/volume mix just ain’t great!
    Have a good day all.
    Love
    Anne

Ps – well done fit on your successful FD. ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks Annie! I hope everything goes well for you and everyone involved in the prison programme. It’s a wonderful endeavour and I’m sure you will gain a great deal from the experience, as will the prisoners. You might need to wear socks in bed like I had to over in France! Not to mention ear plugs!! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ Best of luck with resisting temptation and finding the healthy options out of what’s on offer. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’ž

Hi team! I survived the Great Wall of China, thanks to finding miso soup and sushi on the menu. I know, wtf that’s not even Chinese, but who am I to tell them how to run the place. Thanks to a huge pot of jasmine tea, my hands stayed busy except that one time I snuck some moo shu off my neighbor’s plate when she wasn’t looking ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‹ So, you know that great feeling we have the morning after a successful FD? I had a mini-feeling walking out of there not puffed up like a bouncy house. Now if I can JUST REMEMBER that whole cause-effect thing, life’ll be just grand.

Well done, Fit! You did it ๐Ÿ’ช and don’t you feel terrific! Of course, you ARE terrific ๐Ÿ˜Œ And bonus, you got the day off ๐ŸŽ‰ You know, I’m starting the think the secret to FDs is cleaning out cupboards ๐Ÿค” Though I suppose the real key is tossing things OUT and not down (the hatch). And speaking of tossing, Gyps I wish I could sample the magic potions – someday! I wish I’d had some in my coffee this morning during the veerrrry long faculty meeting. ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ด Looking forward to seeing Hats in Hell (that has a nice ring to it) so why not get the whole gang together, right? She could sew the devil right up into a cocoon before he knows what hit him…IF there’s anything left of him after Tannouie has her way. I do hope Jaddai gets a GPS or something and can find them ๐Ÿ“Ÿ (I have no idea what that thing is.) I mean, if Annie can walk 10,000 steps in prison, surely Jaddai can find his pals in hell…WOW, Annie, that is impressive! Good luck for the rest of your “stay” and I hope the course is rewarding for all. โ™ฅ๏ธ

Well, time to hit the road and transform myself back into soulmate extraordinaire – and perhaps time for some chocolate vodka too ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‚๐ŸŽ‰ sounds like a good combo to me! ๐Ÿ˜xxx

Hi team, horiffic winds over night, in fact they woke me around 3:00am, I got up around 4:00 and made a cuppa and convinced myself I’m not driving in this weather. It’s predicted to be over 100k winds today with storms, driving rain too. I just phoned Julie and she said she’d drive! I know in the past, it sounds worse in the house and once out and about it doesn’t seem so bad, so fingers crossed.
    Fit woohooo, that old fighting self is back ๐Ÿ˜‡ YOU DID IT with more to come, but don’t rest on your lorals thinking you’ve done it now as each one is a battle of sorts, but you CAN do it each timeโ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’•
    Yes Annie, socks for bed are the way to go. Hope it all goes as well as you expect and well done on your food choices.
    Yeah Jade, my fast went well AND I have a tidy, more user friendly pantRy ๐Ÿ˜ŠI hope your lunch was a success…..and guilt free๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿท
    Well, off to shower now and ready to face the world, still got a thumping head, it just wont clear. Could be weather Fit, winds and sinus are not a good mix, so just trying to ignore it, I take a daily antihistamine for hayfever but something is not working of late. I think too, my neck and back still are not right (from the weight lifting I think) so could be part of that, even bringing on a migraine in my sleep leaving this thumper hangover from it. Anyway, no time for self indulging misery, time to get moving.
    “When is ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in”? โ˜บ๏ธHave a great evening and day team xx

Woohoo Jade, you negotiated your way around that ‘chinese’ menu like a 5:2 pro! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘ So, Jaddai will have no problem finding his way around hell! Yes, maybe the secret is cleaning out cupboards….it’s good fung shui, I believe! I still have a gazillion cupboards to clear out so there could be many more successful fds in the future. Win, win! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Well done Jade, as Fit said, just like a pro๐Ÿ˜‰
    I’m with you Fit, still plenty of cupboards to go here too, especially where clothes are concerned….but like you, no matter how much goes out, I still have to squeeze the rest back in!! That’s what I hate about the ironing routine, not the ironing, it’s finding a home for everything and wondering, where the hell did it come from๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ’•xxxxx

Oh dear CG, that weather doesn’t sound good for driving in or for your headache. I hope everything goes smoothly today and that you and your friend have a nice day out despite the wind….take care. Yes, I’m happy to have done a good fd but I know one is not nearly enough. It’s just good to prove to myself that I can do it when I really put my mind to it. I just have to put my myself into the right frame of mind more often! What could be simpler? Ha, ha! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 50 posts - 13,201 through 13,250 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.