Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,151 through 13,200 (of 14,786 total)

• Gyps, what a wonderful artist, your family has so much talent. Gyps, thankyou for sharing your innermost thoughts with us. I know how painful yet exhilarating it must be for you. I phoned my handyman today to book him for a few “mens” jobs, he sounded quite flat, I asked him if he was okay, only to be told his 18year old son (2 days before he turned 19) was killed in a car accident in Feb. I remember how proud he was when he got his licence. He is a true Irishman, lost his own lisence last year (drink driving) and needed to drive with a gadget in his car to make sure he is 00 when driving……he has since lost it again, understandably! But putting others at risk does need to be questioned. It is a time when words fail you, I said I wish I was with him to put my arms around him, we do have a bond of sorts, he’s late 40’s early 50’s, and his Dad is driving him to his jobs so he still has an income. I expect to see him next week. No matter the age, any loss is heart wrenching, our priorities are woken up to what’s important. Yes, good health, and losing the excess fat is important, but being here for each other IS a priority to me. We really are showing each other, WE ARE A TEAM, I’m proud of you all ❤️😊xxxxx

Who wants hot chippies with chicken salt….mmeeeee. It’s fast day .Can you tell?

Just lost a long post….totally my own fault, I hit some key and somehow wiped it away and couldn’t restore it. Looks like I’m going to have another day like yesterday….maybe I should just go back to bed and bury my head. Can’t shake the blues but I feel like a total fraud, reading about those who have real troubles. Just give me a kick in the butt, someone!

Fit, good morning dear friend, yes we are getting a bit blue, go out for a walk with Molly the dog, I’m sure she’d love it, don’t bury that beautiful head of yours, throw it back and laugh, watch the birds fossick for food 😊 See how much wild life you can see and the antics they get up to…..life is so worth living and enjoying, there is always someone worse off, so count your blessings, you too have so much on your plate to deal with, so take time to enjoy the little things. Today is so full of choices, it’s a new beginning……so look at the positives 😉❤️Xxxxxxxxx

Well, I certainly wasn’t fasting today, steak ( done in butter) chips and avacado for dinner, a few chockies through the day and have enjoyed it all. Gym in the morning, so might do a semi fast. I agree having a break does us all good, we all agree this IS our wol/woe and do stick with most of it, but getting away from any rules is a freedom we all need. Don’t beat yourself up if a fast is beyond you at times. We know right from wrong now, so have learnt so much with 5:2, and have so much to show for it. So, give yourself a pat on the back for coming this far, and allow yourself some freedon ☺️🍷❤️Xxxxx

Thanks for the pep talk, CG! I also got a call from GG, so I’m trying to shake off this stupid negativity. I’ll be going out for lunch soon so that will be a good distraction. Your meal sounds yum, CG 😋 GG, have a wonderful time with your OH, enjoy the sailing and snorkelling, it will be heavenly. My OH is very jealous but can look forward to doing some of that next year! 👍😃

Fit the lows hit just before we bounce back ☺️ Be positive sweet one, it hits us all at times, and there seems to be no way out of the fog, but it soon clears, every issue on it’s own is solvable, but a few at a time seem insumountable, so tackle each on it’s own one at a time, and the blues will ease for you. Cuddles ❤️💐Xxxxxx

Aye, Fit – go enjoy your lunch, the right time for the rest will come along. We’ve all shifted to such healthier ways, so it’s steps forward, and what more can we ask of ourselves. And truly, you might as well enjoy the things that are going to happen anyway. I know that can be easier said than done when we have decided how things SHOULD be 😬 but what’s that they say, life happens when you’re busy making other plans. Roll with it, enjoy it, try to put fasting in its rightful perspective – just one small piece. You are loved and cherished and people want to share good times with you – hug that to your heart and be happy 😍☺️💚

Wish I could give a proper pep talk to OH, he is so down and I don’t know what to do or say, except not to demand anything of him. I am not very good at the “anything” part of that. We make plans, cancel, remake, he hates having things he must do and hates having none….well, this too shall pass. On the bright side, it does lessen one’s appetite 😐

Gyps, I wasn’t able to read more last night, but happy to have that to look forward to – those kids are beautiful and her artwork amazing! And that song…CG you mentioned his fantastic rage – and maybe you meant range but i thought fantastic rage really nailed the effect I felt from it. I am getting old and feeble but I still feel that about so many things.

Sheesh sorry for the downer. There is still a cheerful southern belle in here somewhere. I’ll go try to find her! more coffee should help ☕️☕️☕️ 👍💕xx

Hi there Jade! I’m sure your inner cheerful self will triumph over the blues. It must be so hard to know what to do for the best with your OH but I think you’re doing really well, gently encouraging him and going to meet friends and keeping the mood light and spontaneous. Lunch turned into a bit of a disaster with my sister complaining the whole time and barely eating or drinking. Never mind, when we have our mini WTF, we’ll kick our heels up and have a ball! Not long to go now! 👍💪🎼🍰🍻🍷🍸🍹🍾

Hi All landed safely and met my gorgeous little Madeline…now 9 months old. She is unbelievably happy and contented. Gracie and Lucy are delightful little girls (4 & 2). We’re straight into things as babysitting this afternoon till DIL comes home. What fun!!! Hope they’ve got used to us enough. Had a rather crash course with 3 routines and where things are etc. If we don’t remember we fudge it!!!
    Oh as you can imagine heavenly to be so happy and loved round our grandkids 🙂 🙂 🙂 Grandpa is the FAVOURITE! Tis funny as the girls all take after their grossmutti (german great grandma) who is still such a flirt around men even at 86! Her eyes just light up. And the 2 older girls just love the blokes whether it’s uncles or grandpas or friends. Must be in the genes. Lucy is the spitting image of her great grandma.
    Trip over was a bit rough as in couldn’t get a good stretch of sleep so terribly jetlagged yesterday with a nasty headache. But after 9 hours sleep seem to have woken up in the right timezone YEAH! 24 hours of travel if you include the 7 hour layover in Sydney. But hey it’s sure worth it. So consciously trying every minute to make happy memories with the kids.
    Love to everyone and yes Gyps DIL has plans for us for Sunday. As she lost her own mum at 4yo that’s pretty special to me. Son and I will do something on another day. Girls day first!!! So have a lovely day all who are mothers and Gyps so glad you may now be able to celebrate your time as a mum with the pain laid to rest I gather. Suejen xxxx

Hi there SJ! Great to hear from you. Your little grandies sound absolutely adorable! Enjoy every minute of your time with them and don’t forget to post some photos for us to ooh and ahh over! I’m so thrilled your dil is going to make time to do something special with you for mothers’ day….you really deserve it! I’m sure your OH is also having great time basking in all that female attention! Have the very best of times and make loads of precious memories 😄💕💞😍

Hi team, suejen how lovely to read the positive report on your family. The grand kids sound to be over the moon with you and o/h and I’m so pleased your dil is spoiling you re Mothers Day. She must be so excited, as the reaction of the kids shows positive build up at home whilst awaiting your arrival. Enjoy every minute as I’m sure you are and agree with Fit, we want some happy snaps please😊
    Up with the chooks again, just after 6:00, a bit cooler this morning and rain expected yoohoo. But reading the fine print shows only a few ml expected 😏 but will accept anything gratefully.
    I just weighed, before clearing any food in transit, and exactly 70k and that’s with all the excess of yesterday. So feeling quite positive. I’ll check again later (after things move) after my shower and hope to see the number “60” something again☺️ Off to make my morning coffee before my shower then going to the gym. Massage today too, so will get her to work on my neck also, my headache is still hanging around and often it can come from there, maybe just the “crunches” at gym earlier in the week pulled something, as that’s done, laying on the back with head raised, putting pressure on the neck. Just guessing, but worth a try.
    “happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them”
    Have a magic day team ❤️😊Xxxxxx

Mornin’ CG! Don’t forget to shower the chooks too! 😉😃🐔🐔 We have more sleet and snow forecast for tomorrow, brrr! I hope the massage works out the kinks for you and relieves any pressure causing your headache. Best of luck with the second weigh in! 👍💕

😊Hi Jade, yes it was raNge I was meaning but his rage does show towards the end. The meaning of the song makes more sence than the original. I love a lot of Paul Simon songs, and sang along merrily in the 60’s-70’s never really knowing what I was singing about, a lot of music back then related to drugs and was just so over my head, pretty naive………and so much didn’t make sence or was understandable (oh the words we used to make up….just to fit) so found Disturbed easy to understand, rare for a pop singer too😉 and his voice has such strength, yeah, loved the rendition .

Sue how glorious! Just take yourself a good old love bath and ENJOY – love does seem to thrive on itself doesn’t it 💕 so happy to hear this news.
    Thanks dear Fit – sounds like you had a similarly trying situation with your sis. Hugs for patience xx Oh Man, for several hours last night I wondered if my trip (including our mini WTF) was in jeopardy. It’s still safe! We actually discussed packing today, minimalist backpack packing, no laptops, like REAL PIONEERS lol. He doesn’t know I’ve already ordered three new pairs of shoes. Ha ha.

Oooo that scale is a tease isn’t it – 70.0. Sly little 😈 What hey, CG, happiness is NOT the absence of problems?? Sure would be nice to try that on, wouldn’t it! Ok, I’m dealing w/mine but darn if he wasn’t a minefield of sad last night, right before bed too! But turns out I just had to prove my love by cancelling class and 3 meetings and spending the day with him. I’m awarding myself the spousal achievement medal for that🏅🍷. Yes, it comes with wine. I’m not gunning for a FD – too whipped from the turbulence. Hey Skinny soon, I don’t know what chippies with chicken salt are, but sign me up they sound delicious.

Ok I’d better go carpe some diem – love to all♥️♥️ jade xxxx
    ps Gyps, I’m hoping things stay calm enough here to allow some recreational reading later. xx
    pps: hey CG we crossed – agree, loved S&G but never heard the power in those words before now – intense!! Lol you will never live down the hen showering 🐔💦😍

Jade, you might have to make one of those pairs of shoes snowshoes! 😂 I’d quite like to try the absence of problems for a while too, but I guess that only happens when we’re dead! I’m giving you a whole trophy cabinet of awards not just a medal! 🏆🏆🏆🏅🏅🎖🎖🎗🎗 OK, off you go and carpe some diem with pride! 😃💚

Agree, it never happens, well, to humans anyway, but it’s true, it’s how we deal with things and get past them that keeps us happy😊 You have both got full plates with life at the moment. Your o/h’s depression can be wearing Jade, you are incredible not taking on the misery with him. Often having to go out to work acts as therapy ☺️ and helps to keep the mind on a level playing field, well done😊
    And Fit, that cabnet of yours should be over flowing, your sister “s” have showered you with so much to contend with, you are my hero😊 They say we are never given more than we can carry, but you must wonder at times😏 Stay safe in that awful weather you are having, it all leads to slippery roads, and the idiots are always out there…….fancy you still needing to keep warm, and I was in a singlet and jeans yesterday…..and it’s almost May! Scarey! 😱Xxxxxxx

Thanks CG 💚 I’m calling on all my Aussie determination to weather the storms, real and metaphysical! Send me over some sunshine please!

It’s in the mail Fit😏……,and my prayers.☀️☀️☀️ xxxxxx😊💕

Hi all, last real internet for a while , we head to Airlie Beach and tenting again today.
    Fit, you are allowed to feel blue but CG as always your advice is excellent. It is so good to be alive! Fit, do try and get out in the nature with a bit of a walk. I have had a lot of nature recently, good and bad… recently had a shower with a large spider but didn’t discover it until halfway through of course! moved the curtain a bit and boom! On the same day, we drove over a black snake, a dog died 10 mins after being bitten by a snake around the pool where we were camping and the piece de resistance? I heard a loud scream metres from my tent. A little girl had been walking back from the amenities when a large python accidentally, we think, fell out of a tree with a bat in its mouth and proceeded to eat it!
    However Fit, I can pretty much guarantee that you wouldn’t see any of that when you come for the reunion! The upside is that OZ is so beautiful!

SJ, enjoy your time with family. Sounds wonderful. 🙂

Hi to all, not sure when I will be online again.

Yes, UP, no real scary creatures here so I definitely don’t want to see them in Oz….not sure my heart or blood pressure would be able for the shock! I hope the rest of your stay is critter free and that you have lovely weather too. 👍😃💕

Hello A Ds. I’ve got to confess to being completely unmotivated to start with the 5:2 again. What’s more the weight is slowly creeping up again. Now heading north of 70 instead of south. Hopefully I will be able to reenergise myself and make a start again. I was just thinking recently about what has changed in my life to make me start gaining weight now as I used to be skinny for most of my life. The difference is that I’ve always loathed cooking and found it a pain in the butt. Now, however, I enjoy cooking and plan days ahead for meals. AND of course I enjoy eating them.
    CG what a sad story about the bloke who lost his life and the drink driving. Every time I go back to South Africa I’m horrified at the complete lack of concern for drink driving. Nearly everyone does it. Needless to say the road toll is mind boggling.
    We are very dry here in Tasssie and anxiously watching the next few days as it seems we have some promising looking cold fronts coming our way. Our dams are at record low levels and it’s the poor farmers who cop it the worst.
    Bye for now.
    XX Doggy

Hi team, lovely to hear from both Up and Doggy…..Up, you really know how to take the fun out of camping😊 they are all experiences living with nature, but admit, they would all freak out this Countrygal!😱 What a trooper you are, going back for more, I hope it’s less eventful for you and just plain heaven exploring the beauty😉💕
    Doggy, something will click when the time is right, and it is a joy cooking. Even though I have been on my own pretty much for 15 years, I still cook a decent meal most nights, getting the servings right is still an issue, so leftovers go into the next meal☺️ or stew,/soup, … usually put too many veggies on! Just a hint, try using MFP again, and log all ingredients into the recipe section, it gives you the breakup of cals, so you can still be cautious and aware of your intake 😉
    Gym was tough today but the massage ironed out a lot of aches. My leg thigh is still a problem and she worked on it today, saying it was very knotty, no wonder it was painful, but it feels marvelous now, so going back in 3-4 weeks. (Pretty expensive) This has only been a problem since my back surgery, but still only 10 months, and I know it all takes time…..I’m just in a rush!
    We have the most beautiful gentle rain pitter pattering on the deck roof, it sounds magic 😊so calming and cleansing, washing dust off leaves and my calves alike😊 even they are grazing in it instead of going for cover in their sheds. Doggy, I hope you get your share, you usually get more down there, so it’s on the way 👏
    Saw a sign at the chiro today “if you can walk, you can dance, if you can talk, you can sing”🤔 Have a positive day team, nothing is ever as bad as we imagine💕xxxxxx

Hi all!
    Lovely to hear from you Doggy. I know exactly how you feel about trying get back into 5:2 when you’ve been away from it. I think this is where the four Ps come into play; plan, prepare, patience and persistence. When the motivation is missing, maybe just establishing a routine and going through the motions will pull you along for now. I agree with CG too about MFP, it does help to know how much you can have without going overboard on the calories. Have you a special occasion coming up that you could work towards? That usually helps me. I’d love to send you over some of my rain 💨🌧 because we sure don’t need it at the moment!
    CG, glad to hear the massage did some good. Maybe you can do a little yourself in between visits to keep the improvement going. Great to hear Lexie and Danny are enjoying the gentle rain. The sun has come out again this morning but it’s very cold still.
    Big shout out to PH, Annie, Skinny, Jade, Gyps, Gawd, Lotus and our travelling Wilberries…SJ, UP and GG. Hope everyone is doing well and wishing you all a terrific weekend. 👍😃💚💕

Morning lovely Aussies – bringing up the rear here on a gray day. UP, the sights you describe would have me jumping back into my car for the duration! Yikes, snakes creep me completely out. On the plus side, they can really get me moving! 😆🐍
    Hey Doggy, I’ve felt as you do now, could not do 5:2 but had to limit myself somehow. So I eased back a different way – cut out sugar and simple carbs. Then got into skipping breakfast again, then cut back lunch so that we really had only one true meal a day. And you can get creative with the veggies♥️I still don’t always get in 2 FDs but control in any form is better than nothing! Whatever you do, be kind to yourself, you’ve been through a lot and maybe you just need an extended break from it.

CG you could be an author yourself, the way you describe the gentle rain and its effect on you and those sweet calves, it’s quite lovely to read about. How long do they stay “calves”? They must have grown a lot over your summer. 🐮💕

Fit I can tell you need more than sunshine and a big kick in the butt – here’s a big hug {{{{♥️}}}} and one more award to boot🎖- I hope you get some good me time. I well understand how that meal with your sis wasn’t such a treat…. How is your neck doing these days? Does the rainy weather affect it? Oh and don’t worry, my shoes are simple flat sperrys, the ones made to get wet on boats 👍 – they were perfect last year and not too ratty looking. Surely the snow will be gone in late May!

Last day of the semester before exams🍾💃🍷🎉 but somehow my last few project students are a hopeless muddle, simply googling instead of doing true legal research. And a disabled man’s right to stay in his apartment hangs in the balance (eviction notice for tmw) yet the sum of their advice is to call legal aid. Right….they might process his call in 2 months, but then again maybe they have people who know how to research. Aargh. Ok off I go to see if more can be done. TGIF and have a lovely day everyone! ♥️🔆✨💦☘💪🍸jade xxxxx

Hi ladies

Fit i cant believe you still have sleet. Its barely trying to be autumn here and today we had 26c. I have decided that we dont really get seasons in Austraia…just a small change in temperature.

SJ how lovely to spend time with your granddaughters. My grandparents were such an important part of my childhood and i have so many memories of good times with them. You are building memories for them.

Dog I hear you. I think i am finding the change of season tricky and am feeling the cold mornings and finding it hard to skip brekkie on FD.

I did not manage a fast this week. I tried twice but failed. I hopped on the scales and lost 0.2kg but as i am back on 30mg steroids i dont expect to do brilliantly. I am eating well below TDEE. Total loss since mid october is 24.2kg. The goal is 7kg in the next 2 months. Its a lot i think but worth a go.

Next week i am locked in the prison at Emu Plains, running a short course with 30 others and will have no control over food and not much time to do steps. Once we are in the prison room we will be using there is no access to any other space. Anyhoooo…i will just have to do my best. The goal is not to gain next week. We also have 33 people making 3 dozen delectable cookies or slices each and we will be plied with this all day along with morning tea, lunch and arvo tea and dinner. The prisoners love sugar as they dont get much of it and they especially like things with chocolate in them. We will be living nearby all in community for the 5 days. We are there to make a difference and that needs to be my primary focus. I just dont want to undo the work i have done as every kg is so difficult to shift.

Today i went to the Marigold for yum cha with my sister and i thought of all of you WTF ladies. That was basically my calories for the day. OMG i had forgotten how great that place is. We stuck mostly to the steamed things with prawns in but you cant not have their spring rolls and deep fried prawns can you. My fav is a flattish prawn spring roll thing with sesame seeds on the outside.

Still waiting to hear if i get an interview for that job. I think that is playing on my mind too. That and being tired as i am leaving for work at 7 so the traffic isnt as bad and that means i have been going to bed early. Last night i went to bed at 10 and woke up at 3 and could not get back to sleep. This has become a bit of a pattern and by the end of the week i am wrecked. Its amazing how something this simple can throw your whole routine out.

OK i had better stop rambling and hit the sack.Have a great weekend everyone!

Anne

Aw thanks Jade, you are a sensitive soul and I love you for it! 💚😘 Thank God the voiceless and downtrodden have you to fight for them…..imagine you and Gyps on a crusade together….unstoppable! Hope you get some proper down time this weekend. 🍹🍻🍸🍰
    Annie, yes, freakish weather here and our seasons seem to be merging into one long, chilly, rainy mess with the odd lovely sunny period that takes everyone by surprise! Best of luck with all your endeavours, especially the prison work….you’re a marvel! 👍💪😃💞

Hi all, sorry I have been MIA for a couple of days. Having a sleepless night tonight. It is 3am so have decided to give up on trying to sleep and do a post.

Jade. My heart goes out to you, it is hard to cope with the love of your life struggling with depression. I know what you mean as my OH has suffered from the same thing most of his life. When we sold the farm about three years ago and moved to a small village to live to retire the depression kicked in big time. It has taken the last 3 years for it to become sort of manageable again. Also know what you mean about how draining it is to have to always be the one trying to,be cheerful, sometimes you just want to hole up in your room and shut out everything, can’t do that cause it makes things worse. Sending you bucket loads of hugs {{{{{{💕💕💕💐💕💕💕}}}}}}. Keep being your wonderful self, your sense of humour and outlook so special and a perfect balance in your relationship. So glad you had a great night out with your students. These type of occasions are absolutely essential to keep us sane!!

Up. You are certainly having an exciting time..🕷🕷🐜🐜🐍🐍(no bat emojis ) I guess at least there are no crocks 🐊🐊🐊down that far…..oh the joys of camping…for so many things to happen in a short time is a tad unusual though, these type of holidays are the ones that stay in your memory though and bring you,lots,of laughs in the future when you recall them, usually over a few drinks with friends!! Keep having fun!!

Annie. You are doing so well to be still losing at all with what you have on your plate. Such an inspiration💐💐💐🤗🤗🤗

Fit. Everyone gets a bit down sometimes and you will get through this and bounce back to your usual bubbly self in no time. Just ride with it and don’t beat yourself up. Treat yourself when you can and be proud of what you have achieved so far. 🤗🤗😇😇The weather you describe would make anyone a bit down. We are so blessed to live where we do as far as weather is concerned, as someone said we don’t really get too much fluctuation like for instance Canada where my son lives it ranges from minus 37 or so to plus 37 in summer, Celsius that is..but that is the exact reason that my sons partner finds it hard to live in Australia….no seasons and she misses the snow and winter season… So I guess most of us are used to the weather we experience and love where we live regardless. My I am rambling tonight!! 🤔🙄😒😕😘😘

SJ. so great reading your happy posts. You deserve every minute of the love and later you are surrounded by. I can just picture the big smile on your face and of course on the face of OH . Enjoy every minute💕💕🤗💐😍😍😄😄💐💐💞💞

GG. How thoughtful of you to phone Fit while you are on your holiday. You are one special lady..hope you are enjoying yourself..as I have no doubt you are😍😍🤗😋😘😍💐🎉🎉🍾🍷🍹

CG. Words of wisdom just seem to flow from your fingers. Always the supportive one and there for us all. Hope your aces and pains are now under control and you are feeling better. Such a sad story about your handyman. Life just sucks sometimes and these things just remind us of all of how lucky and blessed we are. Have a great weekend😍😍💐💐💕💕

Doggy. It is OK to feel the way you do, hopefully it won’t last much longer and you soon feel the need to take control of your life again as we all know you can. Just hang in there and try not to do.too much damage in the meantime. We are all here to support you so try to keep posting and feel the love and support that is the essence of this thread. You are strong enough to turn things around. YOU CAN DO THIS Sending hugs{{{{💕💕💕}}}}}.

I did a third Fast Day today to try and give that plateau I have been on a shove. Hope it works. U fortunately the days in between the fasts were not great….oh well that’s life when you are really busy. Looking forward to the weekend with no places I have to be or places I have to go!! Except over to Daughters place to do some more in the yard. Just read in the paper that they are giving away free mulch for the garden to anyone who can come and pick it up. I am guessing that it is wood chips from all the trees they have had to take out where they are upgrading the highway. Fantastic recycling. So we will be getting a few loads for both us and Daughter. But the up side is that we are out in the fresh air and achieving something whilst having a lovely time with D. the best depression blaster of all!!!💕💕
    Talk to you all again soon ….ain’t life grand !!!.💜💜💜💜💜

PH, Sorry to hear you are not sleeping so well…..it’s a bummer and can get you down. Hopefully your day in the fresh air will help you to have a good night’s sleep tonight. Have a great day with your daughter and I hope your OH is finding the light at the end of the tunnel. I can see you’re doing a wonderful job too in guiding him out of the darkness. Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate your thoughtfulness 💚💞💕

Thanks PH, and what a blessing YOU are. Nice second job, doing middle-of-the-night counseling 😇 your words made me feel cared for, and thank you.💕💕 Life’s a topsy turvy deal, isn’t it, lights at the end of so many tunnels 🚇 but going for the light always seems to be worth it. I so understand about your OH too, there is often a sense of loss in a move, especially one involving such a huge change. I hope your insomnia eases up, but thank you so much for writing such a lovely post in the midst of that!
    Fit, so any luck the farmers-almanac types will be right and, come late May, you and I will be enjoying dry weather and a few pints together as we shake off these blues. If we shake hard enough, we can shake some other bits off as well! 😳
    Annie, fingers crossed still for the job interview to happen 👌 in the meantime, kudos on the prison work, I know it will mean a lot to them. If a stray cookie or chocolate jumps into your mouth, just roll with it 👍😉
    CG, meant to send a hug previously re your handyman {{💙}} those sad life stories are all around. It’s good to remember in the everyday life that much suffering may be behind the smile.

And I’m still at work trying to contact this man about his eviction dilemma. I told him this morning to sit tight, but I’m afraid he’s decided just to go ahead and move out. I do hate abuse of power, makes people comply with outrageous demands. Then again, I’m not the disabled one cowering in an apartment dreading a visit from the sheriff, even if a nice lady said the sheriff can’t throw me out yet. Grr.

Have a lovely weekend all – I have distracted myself with several squares of Cadbury so far! 🍢🍫😈xx

Hi there Jade……ready to shake off anything and everything, especially the blues! How frustrating that your client felt that he no alternative but to move out. Going against the law is a terrifying prospect for most people…..if only he had realised that he had a warrior of justice in his corner! Enjoy the Cadbury’s and have a lovely weekend 🍫👍😃💚

Thanks, Fit. That’s the thing though, the law prohibits what they threatened but He doesn’t know that. THEY know it though, may they burn in the hot place. Maybe Tannouie can give them a guided tour😈😆💪👍 THAT NEVER ENDS FOR THEM. It all makes me remember to count my blessings, yet it makes me so sad/mad for jerkballs to get away with being jerkballs to people already suffering – and that’s an insult to regular jerkballs so insert [appropriate expletive] in place of jerkballs 😏 Hope you get some sun and fun this weekend! ☘🔆🍾

Ok, let’s get Gyps on the case……the fires of hell to all *#~<^* jerkballs! Wishing you sun and fun too this weekend and hoping your OH is feeling brighter too. ☀️🌻🌽🍆🍅🍓🐶🐶

Hi team, what lovely reading with my first coffee😉 Very frosty chilly morning, but glorious sun shine and blue skies. More welcome rain predicted later so fingers crossed. It’s a mixture of what we like or what we need!
    Jade, I didn’t realise you actually handled clients, that poor man, yes power in the wrong hands is dangerous. That in itself usually boils down to the biggest bank account, not brains or compassion. Calves are usually classed as heifers once weaned, then cows once they have a calf them self. Mine are just my babies to me, Danny is still having milk (few more weeks only) and Lexie almost wets herself with excitement when I go into her paddock with her pellets and diced apples/carrots with her hay😊 In fact she kicks and twists herself, I have to be careful. If she were a dog, she’s be jumping up on me☺️
    PH, you are the unsung hero in the background, keeping the fires burning at home. Men seem to be the ones who find change the hardest. I guess women can make a home anywhere and just get on with things, but when predisposed with depression, it seems to show itself even more so when things are out of their normal control or habit. Having your daughter back and needing help would give him purpose in life again, so should be helping. With you staying busy and your social life, has made the move for you easier to manage, so, well done😊 I often wonder how long I can manage here but any thought of leaving is heartbreaking.I guess it will boil down to health and finances in the end.
    Annie, you are a real trooper, your loss is a credit to you and you never seem to sit still. You seem to have a project keeping you on the go endlessly 😉 Good luck on the job front, and with your health problems.
    Fit, you dear girl, I hope things are coming together for you. Each day is a new beginning, and you can see things differently. I’m not being phila?can’t spell it…..just thinking of times when my cup has runneth over, gone to bed in tears, and the next morning seems to have all the answers. We have all come through times we never thought we could, and this too will pass, I promise you ❤️
    Well, not much planned today, no doubt it will flow easily, and come tonight wonder where it went! I phoned a mobile mechanic last night (recommended by a local farmer) regarding my “broken” ride on, he is coming Monday….I miss my favourite toy! But the local mower place charge $40 EACH way to pick up and deliver it when it’s in for repair, so $80 on top of the bill, just money I don’t have to give away. The few showers we have been getting has greened up my paddocks and garden lawn, so mowing is needed after the flush of growth. I’m going to TRY to get to the sewing, but sick of promising myself to do it, as it doesn’t seem to happen! I get into things which snowball into something else, and the sewing machine sits dormant! Have a lovely day team, no matter what you plan, or get into. Be open to suggestions, fly by the seat of your pants, life is full of surprise, just let it happen 😊💕xxxx(🍷) 😉

Mornin’ CG!
    Be careful around your babies…..they’re very big and strong now and don’t realise their mummy is not able for their high jinx. Gosh, that’s a very cheeky charge just to look at your ride-on. I hope the mobile mechanic can fix it for far less than that. Maybe a bit of sitting still doing some sewing is called for ….the gods might be giving you a sign to take things easy today. Take care! 💚💕

I will be careful, I’m too trusting with my animals, Lex is excitable and Danny, just pushing for his milk. I just downloaded Presto, it’s free with a new Telstra plan, talk about jump through hoops with passwords etc!! It’s taken so damn long, and I bet the movies are no better than Netflix. Anyway, it’s 9:00am, I’m on my second coffee and still not showered, talk about lazy! Gotta get moving, will check in later team 😊💕xxxx

I have been busy for the last couple of weeks shifting soil to create new garden beds. (Only do an hour at a time or I will exhaust myself.) Finished it just before the got the rain. Still only 6mm but is better than nothing. It has only gone down an inch so the subsurface is still dry. The herbs and blueberries have now been planted so they should be able to get ahead before winter sets in. I still have 6 cubic metres to shift and then that should be it. I only have subsurface clay to grow in so need proper soil and plenty of gypsum. I have had the most wonderful autumn display this year with oranges, golds and reds. Usually we are to warm to get nice colours so I am really enjoying them.

Mostly I have managed to keep to the FD but the last few days have been hard with the changes in air pressure causing headaches. No medication can shift them but cleared up with the rain. Finally have got into the healthy range without jumping back into the overweight during normal eating days. Although my waist still refuses to shift. First place on last place off. Temperature back to mid 20’s today. So will get back out and potter around in the garden.

Hi GL, lovely to hear from, golly you push yourself. Even an hour of moving soil is heavy work. Please take it easier, be careful of your back and joints☺️ You are maintaing which is wonderful….well done and stay positive.. 💕Xxxx

Hi all!
    Very quiet thread these days with lots of our regulars away or fighting the good fight against evil!
    GL, so good to hear from you. That’s a terrific amount of gardening you’re doing. Well done for breaking it into hourly stints but that’s still very heavy work, so heed CG’s words about your back. Brilliant too about staying in the healthy range! 👍😃
    CG, hope you found some nice movie to watch and that the news about your ride-on is good. The sun is shining and I’m relaxing over my morning coffee listening to Puccini……bliss!
    Enjoy your weekend, everyone, wherever you are! Find time to spoil yourselves 🍹🍻🍰🌻🐶☀️😂💚💞

Hi Fit, it is quiet isn’t it……it’s been a beautiful day and I have spent most of it in the garden, so maybe others are doing the same thing. Out winters seem very long (although so do our summers and the heat) but this glorious Autumn is hard to resist. I called into a local little nursery and bought some herbs, so have set up a herb garden, most in pots which are better on my back and just outside the kitchen on the deck……but it snowballed as with everything. I cleared out old tomato plants and freshened things up😊Julie, who helps me in the garden every couple of weeks, just got back from two weeks in Tasmania so called in for a coffee and chat, three hours later we were still talking, so she came down whilst I fed Lexie and Danny, she loves them as I do ☺️ And the boys get so excited when she comes, she makes such a fuss of them. So there goes my Saturday, still no sewing done…..but I have a new herb Garden, so still happy ☺️ I hope you have a lovely day planned ahead and the weather is nice for you ❤️☺️xxxxx

Sounds like a perfect day for you CG. 🌿🌾🌻🍁🍂 Excuse me for smiling to myself when you said your winters seem long…..ours go from July to the following June…..ha, ha! 😉😂 As they say here, “I remember last summer, it was on a Tuesday!” 🙄😉😅

You’re right Fit, I guess we must seem pretty lucky, even thiugh our extremes from 0-50 are difficult, it’s usually between 18-25 most times of year, so it’s lovely. Enjoy the week end 😊💕🍷xx

photo IMG-20160411-WA0000_zpscuh5kugv.jpg

Wahooooooo! I finally managed to post a photo!! Feeling ridiculously proud of myself. It just took ages to get the command bar to stay still for long enough to hit the instructions but I got there at last! Enjoy the poster ladies! 😃

Perfect poster Fit!! I just got new shoes in the mail from my eBay efforts – 🎉 Love them! Only $40 and new (even got the box) but I guess not the very latest style. Quite suitable, I’m not exactly the latest style either 😉 But now that you’ve mastered photobucket, let’s see some more 👏😍
    I’m so happy to hear you have a sunny day to chase away the blues 🔆🔆 yes indeed your winter does seem quite long, but as a southerner I think of winter in broad terms. In Atlanta or New Orleans, 50 degrees (10 C) was considered wintry. It rains a lot in those cities too, so it feels even colder. SPEAKING OF RAIN…We’ve had so much lately that I went out to my spare car to run errands and driver’s side floor had 2″ of standing water! Seat was a bit sloshy too. I felt like a lazy genius for having about 10 towels ready to launder, I just stuffed them here and there and voila, dry car. Well, drier than it was anyway. 👍
    GL lovely to hear about your gardening. I have joined the flock this year in those efforts, and now the carrots are sprouting, herbs are coming up (both from seed), nothing from the lettuces yet but everything has loved the rain lately. CG do you grow herbs year round? I don’t have mine in containers but I guess I could transplant when our Autumn rolls around. I have such a delightful image in my head of Lexie and Danny cavorting, with Beethoven’s 6th “pastorale” playing in the background. Here it is if anyone needs a lift: http://youtu.be/t2VY33VXnrQ
    It is my turn to cook for this rotating dinner we have with friends, so the menu is fried chicken, smashed potatoes (I think someone here shared that? PH? Microwave new potatoes, flatten (smash) then broil in oven w/a bit of butter – OH looooves them) and sautéed spinach, for dessert a 2-ingred angel food cake, just the box mix and a can of crushed pineapple, supposedly 120cals a serve, of course that’s if you cut it into 12 pieces 😂 So sorry if anyone is fasting! But I think this will turn out fairly controlled. The smashed taters are way lower than mashed, and spinach is spinach….so just have to share the chicken like a good girl and not upend the wine bottle into my mouth, then things should be just fine. 🙄😳🍾🍷🍷 Time to put that chicken in its buttermilk bath – happy weekend to everyone! 💕☘😍✨jade xx

Hi there Jade, “lazy genius” …….love it, now I finally know what I am! 😂 Great news about your new shoes. I can never wear the latest trends in shoes unless they’re flats! Just bought a new pair of brogues recently, thank God they’re back in fashion! (BTW, brogue is the Irish word for shoe!) Your dinner menu sounds yummy 😋 Hope you and OH enjoy the company of good friends 👍😃 Must go and listen to Beethoven now, thanks for the link….now, there was a genius 🎼🎹

Yep just think how much we could accomplish if we didn’t have to wash all these stinking towels! That’s my excuse today anyway. I would have washed Beethoven’s towels gladly for a chance to hear his music being created every day. I’m more a Salieri talent myself, almost went off to study music composition but then mom got wind that I had signed up for the coed dorm 😬 and quite quickly I was packed off to a different college. Ha ha, so quaint by today’s standards. But that was me, always out for an adventure, but lucky enough to have mom to keep me out of trouble. 💕

Golly i haven’t even had any wine yet and full of tales. I need to go get full of some walking before I chow down on 🐔🐔🍷🍷!!
    ps yes my brogues are def flats, no more of that foot surgery for me!! xx

Ha, ha, Jade, your mum was very wise preventing you from making the wrong kind of ‘beautiful music’! 😂😳 By all accounts, Beethoven didn’t go through very many towels….not very familiar with the whole idea of personal hygiene! Definitely a case of standing upwind while listening him! 😃

Fit I’m laughing out loud at your way with words!! Right, probably not much washing of anything back in those times. 😖

Ha, Jade, you always crack me up too! I seem to have shaken off the blues and replaced them with the munchies……just can’t stop grazing today 😬 However, I’m not going to beat myself up about it, just go for sensible eating tomorrow and then a proper fast on Monday and away we go! Fingers crossed! Have a lovely evening 💚💞💕

Viewing 50 posts - 13,151 through 13,200 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.