Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,501 through 11,550 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi all

Nearly at the end of my 4 day work week and its been a bit of a shocker. Late nights and early mornings but i remain on track foodwise. Normally when i am busy i get menulog but thats a thing of the past. On Friday i am looking forward to a drive to the blue mountains to lunch with a friend. I am focused on that. My boss has been stressed and unreasonable and expecting me to be a mind reader. He has kept me out of the loop on the sale of our property and then went off at me as to why certain things had not been done. I just expect you to do all of the corporate stuff without referring to me he said. I would if i knew about them said i….anyhow…i need to work another 10 yrs so am stuck biting my tongue.

What is this WTF reunion. I am very new but live in Sydney and close to the city so maybe where u r meeting is close to me anyway. Is it for anyone and if so can i have the details please? Its ok to say no cause you guys seem to have built strong friendships over time and i wont be offended.

The posts seem very upbeat today so i guess everyone has survived at least one fast this week and done ok. I will fast tomorrow again and will probs do the same as i did the other day as i havent time to think about it…except i wont use the la zuppa soup again for lunch as it was not worth the calories. I will just have an egg and some salad. I have to cook a quiche tomorrow night to take on FRiday so that will be a challenge as my quiche will smell magnificent and i will be starving… oops…

Best go walking as the other effect of a busy work day is that I ended the day with only 3000 steps and now have to walk for an hour or so to make it up.

Cheers
    Anne

I almost forgot what I was going to comment about!
    That’s right…
    Purple hat’s passing comment on eating after 7 PM!!!
    I must point out that the tendency with lots of people is for the need to have at least four hours upright (not in bed…upright!) after eating any sort of moderate meal is essential for the stomach to work adequately with it’s digestive juices and all the mixtures that are sloshing around. If you spend most of your time reclining or in a sedentary seated position in the four hours after eating you run the risk of your stomach not being able to do it’s job well enough and properly pass the digested food through the pyloric constriction into your small intestines for further digesting. You stand a good chance that the illtimed passage of partially digested food triggering a surge of Bile which slooshes across and up through the sphincter muscle (valve) and buns the shit out of your lower throat…. “GET THE MYLANTA…quickly!”
    In our younger days this phenomenon was minimal due to evrything working 100%… but nowadays it’s pretty worn down and we get “reflux”…often not realising thet with a change in eating times can /may negate the problem…
    Eat earlier… get on your feet or at least not slumped when finished and avoid fatty or oily or “heavy” food like roasts and yorkshire Puddings and yummy creamy sweets “My god,, is there anything left we can eat??”
    OK… so don’t change your dinner time…see if I care! suffer!!!!!
    The reflux will happen about 4 hours or more from the time you raise your sated body from the dinner table…..
    OR it won’t…if your insides haven’t aged as much as some people… but those who get reflux… be afraid… be very afraid… you have been told! I suggest 6 pm at the latest (finished that is!).
    How and why do I write these things?
    I got honours in Biology in the LC and my dad couldn’t afford two uni students so I didn’t become a medico! Bugger! But the businesses that I ended up owning were in an associated field.
    Someone asked where I/we live..
    On a 6 acre farmlet on the edge of the border ranges outside Murwillumbah… for the last 20 years.
    And… due to a brush with Chinese business skills in singapore about 1980 I ended up bankrupt (except for $467) and am now an OAP along with my wonderful wife who joined me from her “disengagement” about 1989… what a wonderful piece of luck! Nevertheless I managed to become the oldest employee of the much derided tweed shire council for 20 years until they made my job redundant and i chose to take the golden handshake of not much size! being truly retired makes life here quite busy… And wonderful.
    Stay true to your diet and share the happiness!

Hi all!
    Stupidly took ordinary painkillers last night instead of extra strength ones and boy, did I pay the price! Very cold this morning, minus 2 overnight, brrrrrr!
    Gyps, had to laugh at the vision of you (and Zelda) innocently gliding through the airport disguised as a little old dear in a wheelchair while stowing bottles of moonshine in your luggage….your ‘meds’ of course!๐Ÿ˜š๐Ÿ˜‰CG, I think you were referring to the number of posts and gyps was referring to pages, that accounts for the difference in calculations. I have changed my eating habits to a certain extent but the main challenge and temptation for me doesn’t seem to be going anywhere! However, the difference is you can do anything for two days a week, so that’s why this wol is so doable and caters for all our strengths and weaknesses.
    PH, delighted to hear you had such a good night’s sleep, yippee! Hope your soreness after the pool goes away. Take care xx
    Dawg, hope you get some relief soon, not a nice feeling ๐Ÿ™
    SJ, sounds like you’re going to be in demand when you go to the States, a real social whirl….enjoy it all. The physio did say definitely don’t do breaststroke in the pool but other things should be ok, so I don’t know what to think.
    Ian, enjoying your posts too. I agree we need less sleep as we age, but if we could get it in one go it would be great. Broken sleep, waking every hour or so, is very debilitating. Also, taking ages to get to sleep is also pain. However, I’m loving your kick-ass attitude to life!
    GG, great to have you back posting regularly despite the busy lifestyle. Sounds like everything, including the weather, is all set up for a wonderful reunion. Well done on all the research xx
    I’ll be off to my French class later but won’t be able to go dancing, bummer! โ˜น๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ก Happy fasting tomorrow or whenever!๐Ÿ˜„

Gyps. Just thinking about the transportation of the booze. As I suggested you could pack it into a box clearly marked Fragile And then they will not put it in with the bags etc that get thrown around. My boys do that with all of their sporting gear that they cart around the world. As to the wheelchair. I order one wherever I know that there is a long walk to the plane. ๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค•The downside is that you are always last off the plane. However it is good if you have a lot of stuff. I hold my bag (on wheels) on one side of the wheelchair, my walker on the otherwise and my hand luggage and pillow slung around my neck..supposedly on my lap. Works a treat. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž,If you package the booze in a fragile box then you pick it up from the heavy or special collection area after you get all your other luggage. ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹Think you might need a luggage trolley then and ditch the wheelchair!! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰We might all need to meet you at the airport. Not that I would be much help unless I could nurse the booze and someone push me on my walker!! Having all of these visions of us all at the airport.๐Ÿ”ฎ๐Ÿ”ฎ๐Ÿ”ฎ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ If you are ordering a wheelchair then you need to do it before your flights. โœˆ๏ธโœˆ๏ธโœˆ๏ธ

AA, the WTF reunion is a get together of anyone on this thread who wants to meet up in Sydney from the 16th to 21st March. I’m not sure of the location but others will give you the details. There are some who are just popping by, like you were thinking, so you’ll be very welcome, I’m sure. You’re doing it great job juggling a busy working day with 5:2. Enjoy your drive and lunch in the blue mountains, beautiful place ๐Ÿ˜„

Hi team, posting late tonight, busy reading, so finished to first in the series. Easy reading, I guessed “who done it” pretty early on, but my family are used to me doing that and often spoil a movie๐Ÿ˜ So have learnt to sit quietly and say nothing. I’ll see what the next one is like.
    Lots of good posts coming through, Ian, you sound to be a wealth on knowledge, and you have had a very full and fullfilled life.
    ANnie, we are staying at Darling Harbour so somehow try to arrange a meet up, even via the thread once we have an agenda. At the monent it’s all pot luck what we get up too, but bound to be lots of laughs ๐Ÿ˜‰ And you’re more than welcome to come join us for a meal or two ๐Ÿ˜€
    Fit, what a sham, it’s easily done mixing up pain killers, but I bet it doesn’t happen again. I do hope you get some relief and decent sleep๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’•
    PH you do sound like the experienced traveller ๐Ÿ˜‰ Golly, more like a pack horse……..
    Anyway, nighy nite team, chat in the morning ๐ŸŒทXxxxxxx

Rebecca Forster is the author too, I think I gave you her characters name last time ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ xxxxxx it’s The Witness series….xxxxxxx

Love a good whodunnit too, CG…..but the more you read them, the better you get at guessing the culprit! Still like reading them, though ๐Ÿ˜€ I must look out for that author. I’ve read a few Harlan Coben books lately and really enjoyed them . I’m reading one of my daughter’s psychology books at the moment about psychopaths and how many famous and successful people have the same traits but without the criminal element…..very interesting reading. Have a great and restful sleep xx

too easy. I live a few light rail stops from Darling Harbour. Ill swing by and join you for one of the meals.

Thanks for the offer GG!
    I will be catching up with family etc while in Sydney so it is good to know which are the times I should keep free for the main WTF events. SO, dinner friday will be a definite.

Ian I love that area and would like to live down there sometime. I keep an eye on acreages for sale. One day! I used to work at Cudgen.

HAH this whole bunch is on something today – Gyps you have sparked a humor revolution or maybe just our own inner gypsies. Ian, two hours max ๐Ÿ™‚ – preach on brother. As much as you say “get used to it”, your “it” sounds pretty lively. That didn’t sound quite right, not THAT it! Oh my.

Fit you poor dear, put on the readers and take the right meds – you need your sleeep. But while you’re awake, isn’t Harlan Coben just great? I discovered him in a dusty bookshelf and what a treat.

I too have the mental image of Gyps rollicking thru the airport with her bottles in the wheelchair, maybe doing a wheelie or two. PH sounds like you may have done one or two or those yourself, you’re the gal with the ideas today ๐Ÿ™‚ Can’t wait for my iPad to get here to describe you with proper emojis.
    Ah I can just see all the trolleys, wheelchairs, trains, etc. in Australia converging on the WTF gala.

One shout out to Annie – I’ve had that boss from hell, also several coworkers, so hugs of sympathy to you. It makes the work day intolerably long to be gaslighted like that. Some types aren’t happy unless they’re making others unhappy, then they call themselves “managers” oy.

Time to me to buckle down – CG as you said, we can do anything two days a week – btw I’m not surprised that you can figure out the ending to books and movies – OH is like that too, but he doesn’t sit quietly, he almost bursts wanting to share. OK it’s Ash Weds so surely I can manage a FD today. Reading this thread just makes me want to go party-hearty in an airport, for some reason ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll try to behave. Hugs to all you crazy people. It’s so lovely that all of you are welcoming to us newcomers, hope all true Aussies can make it for at least a dinner – I want photos ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜‰ xxx

Yes, Jade……I’m with you on the photos, I’m sure there will be many an interesting scene to be captured for posterity! It will be just wonderful to see the other faces we haven’t met yet, I’m a very visual type of person so I love to picture the people I’m writing to whenever I’m posting. I’m sitting here feeling very sorry for myself after venturing out in the cold for my French class and ending up in severe pain….thought I could manage without painkillers during the day and boy, did I get that wrong! So I’ve given in and doped myself up to the eyeballs…..probably start rambling in a minute, might even be mistaken for gypsy if I keep going!

Morning/evening team, Oh Fit, stop being a hero darlin’ girl………life will go on but you can tackle it better when you’re healthy. And going out in such bad weather is asking for trouble ๐Ÿ˜ you silly sausage! My physio told me she needed to have me fitted with concrete boots to keep me still, maybe you need to invest in some too๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’•
    Annie, you’d be more than welcome, from what I’m hearing, we could be doing a cruise on Sydney harbour, drinks and nibbles on the Friday night, so guess numbers will be needed for bookings as Lotus is in charge of that one โ˜บ๏ธ Wooohooo, I too had a couple of bosses over my working years, they are ladder climbers Annie, and get nowhere, the last one like that I had (I was his secretary) was sacked with in months of my leaving, guess it was discovered who actually did the work, and who took the praise! Hang in there, we need to work, keep your eyes on positions in the papers, bide your time, you will come out on top, it’s all expreience and goes to a good resume ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ’•
    Jade, we are nutters, I agree, but loveable nuts, ya gotta laugh at life.
    I’m up before the chooks this morning, damned habit, no pool or gym today, but was laying there at 5:45am waiting for the 6:00 alarm……no need…..today is mine…….but needed a coffee fix so here I am ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Bright eyed and bushy tailed. Had a quick weigh…..are you ready for this? 71.7k and haven’t had a “clean out” this morning yahooo…….that is nearlly 30k’s of fat gone, never to return, I’m still over what I used to weigh, but as said before, I’m too old to be skinny so very pleased at this weight. Getting greedy too, looking at 67-68k maybe? I bought a bag of potting mix yesterday 30k bag, so can actually see, lift 30k and Know what it looks like, one happy little vegemite this morning and apologies for gloating โ˜บ๏ธ
    Thought for the day….”Karma’s only a bitch if you’re one” seems extreem but letting life take it’s course, nature takes care of the rest, so don’t change, be positive, when you wake each morning, decide “today I will be happy” the choice is yours ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ’•xxxxx

Great news on the weigh-in, CG and well deserved! Gosh, I must be one hell of a bitch, because Karma is having a field day with me at the moment!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ That cruise sounds absolutely heavenly, although don’t go on it after any of Gypsy’s concoctions or there could be some Aders overboard! ๐Ÿ˜ข๐ŸŠ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿน

Fit I find that very hard to believe about you,of all people ๐Ÿ˜‰ It’s your body rebelling at the galloping pace you keep, that’s all, and as much as we all hate to admit it, none of us are getting any younger, we think we can go flat out like we used to, but we can’t. It took me a lot of years to come to that sad realisation, in fact I still am. It just takes longer to do it all. (And get over) Learning to be gentle with ourselves takes time…..and a few injuries to being it home ๐Ÿ˜Š Yes the cruise sounds lovely, I just upped my credit balance on my visa card as I don’t want to miss anything ๐Ÿ˜ฉ it will be a one off for us all in Sydney and really looking forward to it, and look how quickly it’s coming ๐Ÿ˜Š I do wish you were able to come, but maybe next year up with Gypsy, it will be extremely hot in Upper North Queensland with lots of hydration happening…..knowing our Gyps, so start saving and get ready for a huge cuddle ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜ƒxxxxxxx

Yes, I think I’m getting the message loud and clear that my body is not loving the idea of growing older. It could have done it a little gentler, though….I’m not deaf…..yet! ๐Ÿ˜‰ The piggy bank is ready and waiting to be fed so I better start economising and quickly! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜‰

Good for you Fit. I’m a bit seedy for some reason this morning, so having a fruit smoothie ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Yuuummm xxxxxx

Hi team, just realised most of you are fasting today…..stay focused…..YOU CAN DO IT ๐Ÿ˜€
    ” Life doesn’t get any easier, you just get stronger”๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’xxxxxx

Just checking in – I am still here but have had a very busy week with work and late meetings/appointments. Today is a fast day after 2 NFD – hit a wall this week feeling exhausted last 2 days. Better today, and managed 14000 steps before 7 am. Have tried to catch up on all the posts and there is too much!

a few things stick out though
    re laxitives: pear juice is first – 1/2 a cup in the mornings; next coloxyl and senna – herbal and gentle tablets (but can be “explosive” in some), then lactulose, then movicol/osmolax (movicol now comes in liquid form) and finally the dreaded suppositories.

re sleep issues – try and get hold of a copy of “the Sleep Diet” – Carmel Harrington. Great tips and ideas for non medicated sleep

Iannie – we are neighbours – I am in Tweed shire most days

The WTF sounds like fun, but unfortunaetly I work full time and already have a few breaks planned this year.

I finally got rid of the dreaded pantry moths, only to have a fruit fly plague in the kitchen. Have set a few “traps” and moved all fruit into the fridge. Now must go and hang out the laundry, and high tail it to my first job for the day.

Good to see that you are still persevering, Seahorse. That’s an amazing amount of steps before 7am….did you run a marathon? I must look at your sleep diet suggestion….thanks for the tip. Don’t push yourself too hard….this is a wol (way of life) and if work is very busy at the moment, maybe one fd per week is enough. You can always step up the pace later.

Good morning, evening or just greetings all depending where you are on our planet. Gypsy, thanks again for tip re drinking water first thing in the morning. I will certainly give it a go. I usually have 2 tsp. of psyllium husks before my morning coffee. I will up the yougart intake too.
    Ian your posts are interesting. I sense a good brain in that head of yours. I totally agree with you about most diets being commercially driven. Yesterday I was feeling a bit disenchanted with life and partiiclarly my very slow weight loss. I was on some cooking site and was ” miraculously ” taken to some guy who has this latest, best in the world, rapid weight loss spiel. Needless to say with before and after photos and everyone all slim and trim. Of course money had to change hands. I was SO TEMPTED but did not succumb. So here I am with another FD. – Fast day.
    Although we head off overseas in just under a fortnight I’m quite envious of you all who are going to the WTF reunion. I’m busy scratching about looking for Australia / OS adapters. I know I put them away somewhere carefully but now can’t find them.
    XX Doggy

Seahorse, have to agree with Fit, 5:2, is a way of life so be easy on yourself. If fast days are hitting the wall, PLAN, if you have meals in the freezer when you get home from work, no excuses……luch at work the same, a couple of hard boiled eggs, or a chicken breast (cooked) out of the freezer and a bit of salad, it can ge as easy or as hard as you wish to make it ๐Ÿ˜ƒA tin of tuna and a couple of tomatoes, there’s lunch….good luck ๐Ÿ˜‰Xxxxxx

Know the feeling Doggy, they’ll be in a “safe place”๐Ÿ˜ Try not to get disheartened and please don’t guage your loss or lack there of by others…….Mine fell off me, BUT I did have a hell of a long plateau remember, as well as a couple of surgeries, you have had sickness and visitors which all seemed ongoing, so relax, deep breath, and start back a square one ๐Ÿ˜€ Maybe after you return from holidays. Just watch your portion control and I’m sure you would be eating a healthy diet. You seem to be going through “I want it now!” And we know it doesn’t work like that. You were going very well till you were hit with that flu…….so you know it works. You are still fasting, let your body catch up ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’xxxxxxx

Seahorse…I had to blink and squint and read your advice on laxatives twice!!…I missed the reality of your words and thought you were listing your daily needs!!! BOOM!
    I have found that, being a slow passer of things, I needed to plan ahead for a few days!
    No point in making sure you are near the porcelain on Wednesday when from experience the day to stay close is Friday!
    The coloxyl and senna is a good mover and seemingly painless….. while I remember my mother’s “cure” was paraffin oil by the bucket…and that’s where you needed to be…by the bucket!
    regarding our location…Tyalgum …2 KMs outside therefrom! We travel to the Tweed shopping facilities every week or so…Aldi and all that! we save the cost of the petrol just comparing our “local” Coles prices and Aldi’s products always please my BH (Better Half) as she is ex German!
    She has this belief that if it’s from that area it must be good… and quite seriously it has proven to be true in most items we buy at Aldi.
    I am on my regular Thursday no-eat day and have thusfar consumed a latte and a glass of water (with my three anti stroke Pills)
    My brush with a mini stroke 9 months ago lead me to have the now commonly accepted pacemaker installed… I love it when it short-circuits…better than an orgasm!
    yes…. I am joking! I actually forget it is there until my lovely girl gives it a rub for luck! (Hmmmm!)
    This 5:2 diet is sooo easy… of course i still look forward to the next day’s yummies… but every starve day is a personal challenge and the resultant satisfaction after waking the next day a fraction lighter is quite notable.
    I can’t help repeating..the ability for the diet to work inside flexible parameters is a great plus! NO counting callories at all!! you eat what you usually eat (with a few changes that common sense now changes your habits) and the misnamed starvation days are a piece of cake… (god I can rave!) But it is the easiest and most followable diet ever conceived!
    Change of pace!…
    Talking of cruises…. has anyone ever gone on a “Princess line” cruise and what are they like for a first timer? My BH has at last decided that the stability of the newer cruise ships should eliminate the one problem she was terrified of….spew spew!
    When she came out from germany she rode in a steamship that cavorted from side to side and stem to stern all the way for six weeks of hell. being in a vile smelly cabin or hanging over a rail does very little to encourage further sea trips!
    So… any tips? As an old outside boat fisherman I am hoping my sealegs are still working! But I must ask…anyone have advice that they don’t print in the brochures???
    Has anyone noticed the microscopic size of fonts they use in “handy tips for the visually impaired?”
    I kid you not!
    If you buy a “visually impaired” type of gadget or whatever…the instructions are printed with the same sized fonts as they use on the medical advice inserts they put in prescription drugs packets! There’s an area where one of these government commissions might do some good (except cost the country three arms and five legs!) My elder brother in Pommieland who is legally blind but can still use emails at maximum sizes… constantly has to send for a tradesman to install anything he buys for his use(that is made for visually impaired people) as the instructions are inevitably printed in standard sized fonts and the buttons and switches are invisibly designed for a modern sleek look instead of being able to be located by the visually impaired!!
    I’m rambling again… must be the effect of not enough coffee…i will now correct that!
    CU…IanJ

Hi Ian, I went on the Dawn Princess, did the Pacific Islands, and love it, we had a balcony which helps stop the claustrophobic feeling and left the door open most of the time. Also pretty central in the ship which stoped the sway feeling. I loved it, but did get sick for 24 hrs, (as was most of the ship because of a rough crossing) and was told to double the seasik pills, it worked and no more problem on the cruise. Only took the tablets for three days on a 15 day cruise ๐Ÿ˜ƒ So good luck, I hope you enjoy ๐ŸŒพXxx

WAHOOOO.๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ for your loss..over 30kgs ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’I to am WAHOOOOing as I am down to 96.7. ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ’ so hopefully the 97’s are done and dusted. Soooo nice to see that graph heading downwards once again instead of across.. My initial goal was to get to 95kg when I decided I had to lose weight and keep it off this time. Starting from 120kgs that was a 25kg goal. It has taken 4years of ups and downs but I have almost made it. So wish I had tried 5.2 earlier and got to know all of you wonderful people. I am now absolutely certain that it will NEVER go back on and what a wonderful feeling that is..๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰I have lost before but it has always gone back on when I finished an unsustainable diet.
    I also apologies for the gloating..as I am not really at my goal yet..but close enough is good enough and so excited to see that graph heading south once again. What a ramble!!!

Fit. You obviously have no idea of how to REST. Always on the go go go Your poor neck just wants a bit of a break from holding your head up all the time. Go heat up that lovely heat pack and just relax those weary old muscles girl…I know it is hard so I’ll give you some tips. When I had to stay completely still for 2 months and not even roll over I became good at this. ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡ You have your iPad now. Lie on your back with head on a comfortable pillow. Put a couple of pillows u der your knees so that your legs are also resting in a good position, another pillow across your tummy and then you can rest your iPad on the pillow on your tummy and look up lots of things, read or do mind exercises. I am in this position as I am typing this post, except I have a foam wedge under my legs that has been given to me by my osteo. I can keep myself amused for full days like this and often do on my couch days. I also use a pillow provided by my Osteo that supports my neck but let’s my head drop back a bit in the middle of the pillow. Have a bad neck caused by large boobs which I did not get removed soon enough…
    Did not go to bridge today as I am needing one of my couch days, and I am going to a two day bridge course on the weekend..โ™ ๏ธโ™ฃ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฆ๏ธ..there I go rambling again….

Jade..love your posts..can just picture this crafty funny professor racing through the corridors of this aincent old university terrorising all the students..haha..I bet all of your students, who do the right thing of course, just love your classes. With that sense of humour how could they not. ๐ŸŽ“๐ŸŽ“๐ŸŽ“

Someone at the door. Have to get up ..back soon

Ian, you have a good sense of humour plus a good brain. Two things I admire. Re the cruise you asked about. I haven’t done any on the Princess Line but have a friend who has. She had a treat time. Some years ago hubby and I did a cruise from Vancouver to Alaska with Holland American line. It was very interesting and the scenery beautiful but never again. I think cruise ships or something you love or loathe. For my part they were far too many people on board and other than and eating and drinking and going to the casino there wasn’t a lot to do on board while going from port port. I’m lucky I don’t get seasick. It’s just as well as hubby has husband is / was a Merchant seaman and I’ve been to sea quite often with him. I think modern seasick tablets are supposed to work quite well.
    Seahorse thanks for your laxative tips. I like the sound of pear juice but wonder if the whole fruit would not work just as well I’m of the opinion that juices are loaded with sugar and will probably knock my calorie count out for the whole day. Yep and the Senna with coloxyl I’m also familiar with. ( nurseling background)
    Must be off to to get some lunch. Quite peckish as I didn’t have breakfast.

Eek the typos. Will blame the small font.

Wow CG you’re rocking the weightloss at the moment. Heading to 30kg is just STUPENDOUS!! And you’ve kicked that plateau to the kerb too it seems. Yeah for you!!
    PH down to the 96’s YEAH and getting ever so closer to your goal of 95 and 25 kilos lost. You two are doing marvellously!! GREAT WORK!!!
    Ian you are right that 5:2 is the easiest and most achievable WOE out there and can be continued forever with ease really. You’re also the master of the double entendre too I see! NO experience with cruise ships I’m afraid OH can’t even push kids on a swing without getting motion sickness!
    Doggie after many mislaid travel items I now keep a large ziplock bag & place everything in there when we get home & unpack. That way it’s all in the same place & easy to locate next time. Has worked a treat. Don’t despair of your weightloss Dawg just think of what you have lost already & how easy it was to do AND no money outlaid as you say (a BIG plus). Seem to remember it was quite a few kilos that you’ve kicked to the kerb?
    Gee SH you sure get those steps in early. Do you run to get that many steps in by 7am? Good on you anyway as will certainly boost your losses.
    Fit settle back lie down have a snooze read a book do whatever it takes to keep you still and aiding your recovery. You’ll have to let others take over the things you do so well for a while until you’re improving. {{{ }}} across the oceans Fit
    Jade for sure we will get you photos in abundance of the WTF. They may be at odd angles a bit skew whiff or even upside-down……but you’ll get them!! Lots will have glasses in hand by the sound of it!! Can’t wait for the hugs though!!

Well onto another FD. Buckle the belt boil the eggs enter MFP & drink gallons of water. We’re all getting to be pretty old hands at it now & it’s truly just another day – that WE LOVE TO CONQUER!!! YES I DID IT AGAIN!!! suejen XXXX

Thanks GG. Carry on all. Have a good day. Munch, munch. Just blown my fast day with the first ripe paw paw off my tree this season. soooo sweet. Yum. now I’ll be hungry all day. Oh well, tomorrow then. xx gyps

Hi Gyps, I had some with my lunch, probably not as sweet as yours considering how far it has come, but nice none the less ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ’xx

No running for the steps – just a 90 minute walk (10000) then a 35 minute dog walk – started early today as husband needed to leave home early and he wanted to walk too, and I forfeited walking yesterday as I was a bit flat (as mentioned earlier).

Thanks for your concerns re pushing too hard – but I have been doing 3:4 for the past month with no trouble until this week, and then found the last 2 NFD I was very tired. As a result I ate a bit more both days (deliberately), cut back the extra walking, and feel back to normal today. I will drop back to 5:2 if I the fatigue continues, but I think it was just the long work days monday and tuesday this week, and a minor tummy bug that knocked me.

CG – I plan my menu every week, shop to that plan and have the recipes ready so anyone at home can start cooking. It works and is much easier in a busy household. Busy days I will have a quick meal planned, days I know I have more time I will spend more time cooking. My issue is probably not eating enough on eating days rather then otherwise. We usually have HB eggs on hand with a pickle for a quick snack or protein fix.

Now enjoying my lunch of soda water and lime before heading back to work.

pears and Nashi are both good – fibre and laxative potential – I avoid juices too dogsbody – prefer the whole fruit

Oops, look at the time – must run

SH . You sure a very organised , fit , dedicated lady. Have to reread some of the recent posts as I have not taken in the details of the Newby’s. So many posts to keep up with these days. impressed with the 4.3 I tried it but could not sustain. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
    Gyps. We have a spastic paw paw tree that is just getting its fruit when it should be ripening . Then ripens in winter if we do not get too many frosts. Not a nice sweet one like yours though. Love them..

Ian my OH loves to shop at Aldi also and I must admit they are much cheaper and I love their fruit. Not as pristine looking as the regular supermarkets but tastes better. Sorry can’t help with the cruise info as have not been on any but have a friend who just loves them.

Doggy. My old mum used to swear by pears and regularly just ate one each day along with three prunes. No juicing. I had forgotten that. And like CG says you have a holiday to look forward to. You can enjoy this as your habits have changed. It’s taken my 4 years to get this lot off and many frustrating plateaus. Hang in there.๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Fit. Hope you are having a good night. Sorry to sound so bossy. I know it is hard to rest when you are not used to it. Know what a sore neck can do to your moods. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

The cruise on Sydney Harbour sounds great. Looking forward to,meeting you Annie. Along with all the other ADers of course. โ›ดโ›ด๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœ๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿน๐Ÿพ๐Ÿค๐Ÿง€

Hope everyone doing a fast day is going well. You all know you can do it t this stage…๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
    Hope you are not working too hard GG . ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

SJ. Is it still a heatwave happening In The west? Have a good rest of the day๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

PH the very high 42’s & the like are over. We’re down to reasonable 32 today & back to high 20’s after that. Perth has 32’s to 34’s coming up so not as bad. One lady in Perth posted on FB pictures of the cupcakes that she had baked in her car!! True…she had progressive pictures of them on the back dashboard. Didn’t take very long either she said. She was using it to warn others of leaving kids or pets in their cars.
    Had a hungry day today so have had 2 HB eggs already but will finish around 450. Funny how most days you just sail through & others hit you.
    That’s interesting SH I had always wondered what 10,000 steps would look like ie how long it would take so that’s answered my question. Still mean to get a Fitbit or similar just don’t do it!! sj XXXX

HI TEAM.
    FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE COMING ON THE WTF REUNION. LOTUS AND I HAVE BEEN BUSY PUTTING TOGETHER SOME DINNER VENUES
    16TH MARCH- MEET AND GREET NIGHT…..YUM CHA AT THE
    MERIGOLD RESTurant in the heart of China Town …it is Sydney,s best yam cha .
    FRIDAY THE 18TH. DINNER CRUISE ON SYDNEY HARBOUR. ITS $69 PP .IT INCLUDES BUFFET MENUE, ARRIVAL DRINKS,ENTERTAINMENT.
    CHECK OUT http://m.groupon.com.au/deals/sydnry/afloat-cruises-international-7/79540037
    Team we need to book the cruise next week …..could you consider as get back to me asap with your decision. …… thanks team…… GO GAL XXXXX

PS….I have also considered that you may be tired from your travels.The 1st night is only a suggestion.
    LOTUS AND I only want to give you the best of our city at the best prices we can find…….GO GAL XXXXX

GG as per our emails, count me in for all you decide…..I’m leaving it all up to you and Lotus as I will be arriving as a tourist and stranger in your town, so look forward to what you have on offer and whatever you plan ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’•xxxxxx

Hi all

The end of my work week! yay. Also nearing the end of FD although i also had to make a quiche while fasting which was not that easy. I did pick at a couple of bits of chicken breast to check for flavour. Its a quiche with chicken, sun dried tomato and a touch of bacon. Hope its nice. I have to take it to Blaxland for lunch tomorrow. Next job is to make hommus to take for morning tea to my all day Kairos team day on saturday. I am taking watermelon and will serve the hommus with carrot and celery. Someone else doing morning tea can take naughty stuff. I wont. I normally take my own morning tea to these things as although i am on 5:2 i still have to keep within my calories. I dont know how to do that without counting calories. If you have any tips let me know. I still have a lot to lose so I guess counting is good in terms of keeping on track.

CG – well done with the weight loss. I am glad the scales like someone as they dont like me or FIT it seems. After FD on Tues i seem to have put on 0.6 which is crap. Thank you steroids! Lets see what happens in the morning. I still feel good the day after my fast and my trousers are decidedly loose.

Seahorse – thats a stack of steps early in the day…can i borrow some. I still have around 5000 to make my steps for the day as i have been busy cooking. Seems like i will be walking the streets late at night with the other FITBIT slaves.

Ian – my parents are mad cruise-goers and swear by Royal Carribean. They have some massive cruise liners. My mum has issues with sickness and never has a problem with them. Im sure Princess is good too.

I have been to Marigold quite a bit and the food there is great. I didnt know you could get yum cha at dinner time. Chinatown is fun at night and worth a visit. I am free on the Wednesday night. Friday might be Ok as well but i have something pencilled in which i need to check on. Thats a very good price for a harbour cruise and its a nice time of the year to do it.

Have a good night all. Hope the sleepers get their rest

Anne

GG & Lotus count me in for anything at the WTF Reunion. May be tired the first night true but the adrenaline will carry me through! My plane leaves at 5.50am from Perth YUK but of course when I arrive 6 or 7pm for dinner will still only be 3 or 4pm for me!! sj XX
    Sounds exciting!

Hi all!
    Dawg, hope you get some relief from the dreaded constipation….not a nice feeling. I’m with you on reckoning that the full fruit has to be better for you than juice, but I don’t suffer from that particular complaint so what would I know? However, I do eat a lot of fruit so maybe that’s why! Best of luck with solving the problem xx Well done on saying no to those advertised miracle diets, we all know we have the right formula now, we just need our 4Ps and Aussie determination!
    Iannie, loving another entertaining and informative post…..you fit in here so well! I must say that all you said about reflux and constipation certainly resonated with me because my sister who has dementia suffers from both conditions. She has done so for years because she is completely sedentary, taking to bed or slumping in an armchair all day despite our best efforts to get her up or walking. Another reason why she would be better off in a nursing home but she won’t hear of it. I think I would like to do a cruise some day but maybe with lots of stopping points for variety….so down the Rhine or the Nile perhaps, also the vessel would be a bit smaller so less of a crowd.
    PH, yes, indeed you should be woohooing! Brilliant losses to date and more to come I’m sure. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘ Thanks for all the concern, care and advice. ๐Ÿ’žโค๏ธYou’re not being bossy at all. I’m feeling better today after accepting that I just have to take the painkillers whether I like it or not, yesterday was a disaster! I will be having my scan on Sunday and seeing the physio on Tuesday, so I’ll know more then.
    SJ, thanks for the hugs across the waves….much appreciated. I’m so looking forward to the day when I can give and receive them for real with all you wonderful people. I can’t wait to see the WTF photos…..it will be brilliant ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿธ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿน
    GG, you and Lotus are doing a marvellous job organising the entertainment for the reunion…..but I reckon with that gang, the fun will just follow you wherever you go ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ™ƒ Please give lotus my best too. Xx
    AA, well done on getting through a difficult work week and for planning your fds so well, you are amazing! Keep up the good work! You will get great inspiration from meeting up with all the ADers in March, they are the living proof of how successful this wol is and I’m sure will give you the incentive to keep going โœŠ๐Ÿ˜€
    CG, hope you’re back on top form and firing on all cylinders again. That Pacific cruise must have been amazing and beautiful (apart from the seasickness)! I’ve decided to give fasting a miss as I need to keep warm from the inside out with hot food as well as drinks. I’m not stressing over it because I know that’s what I need at the moment. So I’ll keep portion control in mind and enjoy the rest and relaxation. Lying on the couch at the moment listening to fab Adele cd I got for Christmas……sheer bliss!๐Ÿ˜Œ

Yo GG, the Gawdmuther and me are in for all you decide. thanks for going to so much trouble. xx byps

Morning ! Thank you all for getting back so quickly to me.
    ANNIE- so pleased that you can join us. It will be woderful .I will let you know a way of getting in touch with me outside the thread for all the details for THE WTF.
    .UP- hope that you are well. Is the email address that we used still valid? If so can you confirm so ANNIE CAN LEAVE HER CONTACT DETAILS. THANKS . Looking forward to seeing you. NOT LONG TO GO XXXXX

GYPS-OH was alright in the end. Just frustrated that I TOOK on the neighbour and did the garden without telling him.There are times when he forgets that I have exceptional ability to make things happen…..so was one of those times.

IANNIE- PLEASE FORGIVE MY LATE WELCOME…..love your posts and insight and logic to this WOL.

ITS 5.30AM here on the coast. The white one and I are off on our walk……may as well as OH issnoring his head off very loudly. So OSCAR and I will go and enjoy the suntise.

Have a F A B day……GO GALXXXXXXX

Wow, GG, that sure is an early start to your day! Enjoy the sunrise, I’m sure it’s worth seeing where you are. Have a wonderful day xx โ˜€๏ธ๐ŸŒ…

FIT PLEASE TAKE THINGS EASY. THE SUN RISE WAS GREAT . HOPE YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING TO TAKE YOUR MIND OFF THE DISCOMFORT…… SOME MUSIC OR A GOOD CHICK FLICK ….. (((((HUGS)))))) COMING YOUR WAY NOW!……GO GALXXXXXXโค๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒž

Having a very lazy day being waited on hand and foot by OH……he’s spoiling me rotten!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Good morning-evening team, Hi Fit, I’m glad to hear you are starting to look after your self ( and o/h is too๐Ÿ˜„) and have put your feet up, listening to music is so relaxing ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Good luck with your scans, I really hope they show something that can be worked on……it’s worse when you hear “we can’t really see anything…I think, blah blah blah….? ” At least you are finding some relief with the pain meds ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜‰
    GG, you are up early, we have a very low laying fog in the valley I over look, but the hills it goes up to are clear with another beautiful day predicted. Our sunrise was beautiful as was last nights sunset โ˜บ๏ธ The weather here lately is just magic ๐Ÿ˜ƒ We are fortunate the weather Perth is getting is disipating before it comes across our way ๐Ÿ˜€
    Such great news we all are going to whatever events GG and Lotus plan, typical of us Aussies I guess, in for a penny, in for a pound, we are not missing out on anything when the opportunity is there ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Weigh in day team, don’t let those scales rule your day, they are only numbers to give you guidance, not control your thinking โ˜บ๏ธ I have a 9:00 massage to look forward to, pleasure and pain, but so beneficial and really feel the difference in a day or two.
    Remember “your body hears everything your mind says……so stay positive “๐Ÿ˜€ And have a perfect day xxxxxxx

GG and Lotus … Count me in also for both suggestions..great price for Harbour Cruise.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘..well done. ๐Ÿ›ฅโ›ต๏ธโ›ด
    Do you need any advance payment? I am staying with friends at Camden for the two nights prior to WTF and so should be well rested. Just getting the train in. ๐Ÿšˆ๐Ÿšˆ.
    Nice you can come to the dinner,s Annie. I am finding that I am better off imputing into MFP daily at the moment just to get me back on track. Was not eating enough on my NFD,s.

Bye for now have to get organised for the Pool. ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Suejen, what an awfully long flight, I don’t think it took me that long to fly to Bali from Melbourne, just shows how vast our country is, hope you can have a nap on the plane, yet the excitement could stop that from happening โ˜บ๏ธ You’ll be in good hands when you arrive ๐Ÿค” could lead you astray, but it sure will be fun xxxxxxxx

Good thinking PH, GG, emaile me and let me know what monies you need, I’ll get it to you the same way I did for our hotel, don’t run yourself short ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’•xxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 11,501 through 11,550 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.