Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,451 through 11,500 (of 14,786 total)

• Fit – love the rainbow at the end ๐Ÿ™‚ you are made of the same strong stuff as CG, I can tell – your humor doesn’t flag despite the pain. Do take the time to let those moving parts heal, it’s hard I know when you’re used to being on the go.
    OMG Dawg, the sharks…I wouldn’t even be on the beach, let alone in the water. In fact, I’d probably head inland and stay there!

PH I thought of you at 3:15 a.m. when I first woke today, maybe a sympathy pain for you…then the dachshund and the cat had “words”…then OH wanted to discuss at length (there is no other way for him) the various methods of avoiding dog/cat confrontations…then the cat wanted under the cover where the dog was…suffice to say you have good company today! Or bad, I guess. I am bad company. But must go to work anyway. My hair is scary but at least trimmed – she did a nice job, I no longer look as though I am wearing a porcupine on top of my head.

SJ, continued hugs, you’re doing the best thing for you and really for everyone, even D – I know it takes more strength than you thought you even had, perhaps. But I did not have it when life handed me something similar. Even so, as others have said, things have a way of working out eventually, but letting it hurt you constantly in the meantime serves no good purpose. One thing it taught me was to find the joy in each day, reminding myself of all the good things around me. Sort of like Bert’s counting, there is something to counting blessings. Should have done that at 3:15, maybe I wouldn’t be rambling so much now!

And with that, I’m off to work to be incoherent in a different locale ๐Ÿ™‚ Cheers to all fasters and hugs to the rest — xxx

Good morning-evening team, weather is heating up all over the country, but Perth, sj, thinking of you going through that heat wave, they are not pleasant, and very tiring. It wont be long before retirement now, so you can choose to go out it in or not๐Ÿ˜Š
    My fast went okay hoping yours was the same ๐Ÿ˜ƒ they come and go so quickly, it makes you wonder why we make such a big deal of them. I hope all our sickies are well on the mend and sleep has returned to those with problems. I’ve got quite the achy body this morning, it’s taking longer to get over gym for some reason, just hope it’s worth it in the long run ๐Ÿ˜ most of the exercises are getting easier, but it’s a real push. I seem to be working with a blank canvas this morning, mentally! So will wish you all a great day. Be happy team and remember to smile ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’xxxx

Mornin CG!
    Take it easy today, your body and mind seem to need a little down time. Weather stormy and cold here still. Spring seems very far away at the moment. I fasted today too and didn’t find it difficult at all. Need to enter the cals in mfp though to see if I went over the 500, but a semi fast is better than none. Enjoy some lazy time in your lovely garden in the shade, or have a restful nana nap and I’m sure you’ll be firing on all cylinders again soon xx๐Ÿ˜Ž

Gayle! Helloooo! Lovely to find you in my spam folder! Lucky I was looking for my dental appt. (which it transpires was last week, oh, well, it’ll only be a couple of years before the next one comes up with QLD health… ) I did try to get on the thread a day or two ago, when I saw Fit’s long suffering “gyps, where are ya’?”, and i was really sad about Suejen’s awful day with the Daughter from hell. Really wanted to tell her she’s not to blame and is valued by us and not to let it ruin her sense of worth. Grand kids grow up. Just keep your door open and letters flowing. They’ll come to the love. But the thing wouldn’t let me. Seems I have forgotten my password and am just too busy staring at the wall to retrieve it. I then went back down the rabbit hole, as the particular way a fly on the wall buzzed it’s wings, and the smell of my rotten beef sandwich I forget to eat, just inspired me on how to dispose of the body……so there you have it.

Can you therefore copy and paste this onto the thread, so at least I can assure all I have not forgotten you. Or our upcoming reunion.

So CG, bless you for your patience and caring concern. I do value it, so much. No chance of cancelling our WTF tour, lovey.(It’s just a matter of WTF I’ll do with all the passengers in me head!) and I do hope I haven’t lost you all. Am looking forward to it as a glimmer of light from the real world in the distance. Tickets are all booked and paid for and the GawdMuther is on notice to cut the power to my keyboard at least a week prior to departure, so I can debunk. She doesn’t attempt to visit when I’m in this state, not since she dragged me off in full flow once and said it was like looking at a blank page over lunch. And I didn’t recall going. We have an understanding. It’s not over til it’s over. I pray it will extend to you all. My children keep out of it and I have no idea how the Leprechaun does it, but he’s a character in the plot, I make him proof read and eventually he goes nuts and thinks he really is a covert agent pretending to be a daffy old birdwatcher spying on the cartel’s drug shipment.. etc..His half baked Scot/Irish Geordie accent is perfect for 007 type inspiration and he even looks like Sean Connery, only a few feet shorter. And it’s forty degrees and 80 percent humidity outside. So we enjoy this ratbag existence in the aircon. Meanwhile, the garden goes to wrack and ruin and the vines reclaim my scrub hut, til we disappear from the community at large. My dog used to sit and wail when I went missing for too long. So I didn’t get another when she died. It’s not fair for an animal to have to put up with me!

But you’ll all be glad to hear I’m often fasting because I forget to eat. However, it’s a catch 22 because the sedentary life packs the belly lard and the muscles go all sloppy. But I’m level pegging, still maintaining in the 85’s. No good giving me pep talks about sensible balance. Writing doesn’t work that way. That’s why I never allowed myself to indulge in it, beyond little charity projects, until I retired here, beyond the needs of the world.

So. To Quote CG’S Email observation “I imagine you under a pile of papers, dirty dishes, and empty coffee cups!”

Am just about in the state you described, CG. except it’s ‘herbal infusions’ since you mob turned me into a health freak. So sorry about my absence, but it is flowing well as you said, and probably more than ‘gone with the wind’ has been and gone! Chopped! by that monster! Imagine the flow of Niagra being forced into a tea cup! Let’s face it, brevity is NOT my forte! But script writing is dialogue without narrative and dependency on visuals to get the background across. Trouble is, the writing, without the background comes out looking like a toffy apple on a stick! And I still have to write the narrative so that cruel, Irish git can get the feel of where it’s going – and then tell me to go back and do it again. Only smalllller!

Feck, feck, feck! haven’t spoken to my kids in weeks, me ass is loik a blood red rose and I’m even starting to sound loik ‘im! The rat! But I have made him a villain in the story, and he’s getting it back in spades! Truly, I’ve never cackled so much and the picture I present is this mad, unkempt old witch hunched over the keyboard, talking to herself and morphing into about forty different characters running amuck in my head! Meanwhile, he’s out to murder them as ‘dross for the cutting room floor’ and I’m desperately trying to save them! But only complicating the plot! To the point where he (the straight professorial writer of dry text books based on absolutes and triple cross referenced facts) is now hooked on fiction! Ha! I win! He’s now thinking double feature (think Tolstoy’s War and Peace’!) because apparently epics are coming back into fashion. And my time is at hand! This may well be several years in the making. So let us pray I find myself. The GawdMuther is bringing a leash and I may require a mobility scooter at the airport (for my unexercised, creaking bones). Thus, dear friends, I may be irretrievable as a single soul, but we’ll all be with you, Sooon! Love gyps.

PS. I will have one more go at remembering my password. Damn! I know it’s in there somewhere….. Yesss! found me! I’m back!…. er… but don’t get used to it……there goes that fly again…. Ooo! Yes! Zelda! did you see that?…

Oh boy, Gyps……we have missed you! Sounds like a very exciting place in Zelda land! But I hope she releases you soon, the thread has been much too sedate and respectable without you! ๐Ÿ˜‰

WOOHOOO the Gyps is alive and well, I’m so glad I rattled the cage last night, even if I did end up in the spam file ๐Ÿ˜……take time to rest the brain dear girl, walk around your garden, GO AND HAVE A SHOWER๐Ÿ™„ and start exercising those fingers, don’t want your getting resi, and unable to lift a glass on our tour,
    Thanks for calling in mate, I know what it’s like when a project takes over, and so glad you are “both” enjoying the experience ๐Ÿ˜€
    It’s into count down time now so learn to start easing up so when the actual STOP and ENJOY time comes, you are ready โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’Xxxxxxxxx

Hi Fit, how’s the pain today. Have you been able to sleep? Your next physio appt must be close too, it’s worth following up even a couple more times, just to be sure ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’•xxx

Just took some painkillers because I’ll be going to bed soon, so I’m sure I’ll be able to sleep. The pain wasn’t so bad today so things are improving slowly. I’ll be ringing the physio in the morning so we’ll see how things are at that stage. How are you now, CG?

I HEAR AND OBEY, GREAT ONE. EVEN THE FLY BUZZED OFF. heading for the shower now…..

So what have you done to yourself, Fit?

Fit it’s a slow healing, so try your best not to push yourself, even if your other sister can give you a week off looking after the sister who isn’t well? You need to get better yourself first.๐Ÿ˜‰
    Wow Gyps, got you away from the book for a while, see there is a whole world out there ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’•xxxxx

Ah yes, I see you all, CG,, just had a flit check, happy to see the most of the gang still keeping the faith. PH and Fit both have arm injuries, by the look of it. Sorry for you. Rule of thumb, keep swollen injuries cold and stiff, aching muscles warm. Try liniment and a hot water bottle for sleep, Fit. luck. Really going for that shower, now xxGyps

Morning all.

Sorry to hear about injuries and families. ๐Ÿ™ Hang in there ladies!

My husband has decided to fast again after a break so that will make it easier and we both fasted very well yesterday, finally! Now to resist a wine tonight, I have a lot of catching up to doโ€ฆ

CG was there some doubt about the reunion because people have been MIA? I expect to be there. I have already warned my sister that I will be staying with her! Looking forward to Gypsy’s flask!

Doggie, did you see 4 Corners last night re sharks? I am glad I saw it AFTER my beach holiday!
    Have a good day all!
    ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Up, absolutely no doubts at all, it’s very definately GO GO GO!๐Ÿ˜ƒ Tickets booked and paid for, same with the hotel, I’m already considering what to pack, gifts all bought, so YOU be there, I’m really looking forward to meeting you in person, above all, sharing cuddles all ’round ๐Ÿ˜„
    How lucky for you that o/h is coming on board, being own my own is no problem with meals, especially on fast days, but can imagine how difficult it could be with a family……..
    Gyps just called in, after me nudging her awake and off her chair last night, she has been in her own little world writing, so just letting her know the rest of the world is still out here ๐Ÿ˜Š
    I agree a lot have been MIA but I guess life gets in the way, posting can get tedious for some, but the tour is on for sure โ˜บ๏ธ So arrive thirsty, we will be sampling Gyps’s concoctions……….๐ŸŒทXxxxxxx

Hi,team. Gypsy it’s nice to see you back with us and in yoour usual top form. Up, no I missed Four Corners. Maybe just as well. It was a stunning day here yesterday and everyone went for a swim in the sea, except me. To be honest , moslty because I’m still embarrassed about how I look in my cossy, bathers. Yeh we’ve had this chat before but to see everyone else all slim and trim and then along comes big, fat me. No I can’t do it. Anyhow they all survived and no sharks to be seen.
    My FD yesterday was uneventful. I’ve defiantly found that the longer I can postpone my fist meal of the day the less hungry I become come dinner time. My latest temptation has become the most beautiful home grown tomatoes. I’ve been well supplied by friends and while cutting them up for our meals I can’t resist eating a few. They no doubt put a dent in my 500 calorie count but have just got to be good for one to taste so good. I do find that I drink a lot of water on my FD. The only downside being more nighttime trips to the loo then usual. At lest my kidneys are gettig a good flush out.
    Gypsy if you are still there. Would you please tell me again the name of that liquid laxative you advised me to take some time back. Unforutlsy I’m still plagued by constipation issues. I’m not prepared to give up the 5:2 because of this so just take laxatives when necessary. I have enough fibre in my diet and drink quite enough fluids. Many fold have worse issues but it’s a damn nuisance.
    PH, sorry about the insomnia. Do remember that driving while stuffeirng from sleep deprivation is as bad as drink driving. Take those sedatives for a few nights. It’s a fact that the more we toss and turn, the more active our brain becomes and we just can’t drop off to sleep. Have you tired my sleep app or iPod suggestion?

Hi all. Gyps how wonderful to see you creeping back out of your hideyhole covered with vines and disappearing into the bush. We’ve missed you…so it’s not poetry you’re writing it’s a dang book the size of war and peace!! Don’t forget to catch your plane for this reunion!
    Yesterday was a FD writeoff so going again today now that I’m feeling more grounded.
    Up will definitely be meeting you at the WTF Up. Looking forward to it for sure. Hugs all round along with clinking glasses!
    Fit hope you get a good nights peaceful sleep. Xx
    CG hope you’re giving your achy body a rest today and naybe?? a break from your punishing routine for a few days.
    Jade thx for your reminder to see the little joys in every day. Trying to do that!

So onto another attempt at my FD. Sure this one will be better and need it after everything I gobbled up yesterday!! Suejen xxxx

Hi Doggy, I can’t see how or why 5:2 would or could cause constipation. If you are eating regular healthy meals and only fasting two days a week, nothing is different than before ๐Ÿค” Maybe introduce some nuts into your diet, fruit? It’s an uncomfortable nuisance I know, I find chocolate works a laxitive sometimes, so quite often ” suffer” through quite a few pieces ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’žxxxxxxxxx

Suejen, you are a fighter, never say die, your fast will be a breeze for you today. We all get knock off balance every so often, but you’re back on top now, smelling the roses and enjoying the life you should ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’•xxxxxxx

I’m sorry, all good intentions I know, but had to laugh at “introduce some nuts into your diet” – no doubt that will be this group’s WTF slogan. I have introduced a LOT of nuts into MY diet and couldn’t be happier for it. Speaking of which, holy God it’s Gyps! What a sight for sore eyes. Whatever you are writing (or drinking) I want it, sign me up now. DANG I wish I could go to this shindig y’all are having. Well, maybe I’ll live to fight another day. Back to my cage a/k/a class prep, then for a blessed night’s sleep counting sheep, or nuts, or cats and dogs under the covers. Or blessings, that’s always good ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ xxx jade

Hi all. Nice o hear from Gyps..however how fleeting, the picture that was painted in our minds of what you have been doing is so like you gyps. All over the place with lots of twists and turns and some magic, haunting stuff thrown in for good measure. Can’t wait till WTF reunion to catch up with ๐Ÿ”Ž๐Ÿ—ฏ๐Ÿ’ญ๐Ÿ’ฌ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿ•ธ๐Ÿ„๐Ÿšƒ๐Ÿ”ฎ๐Ÿ”ฎ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
    Thanks for your concern Doggy. Yes have tried the sleep app thank you, and not successful, and I do not have an I Pod . , I also have some applications From a counsellor I used to go to. Nothing working at the moment. However did have a good nights sleep ๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’คwith the combination of CG’s hot jarrah chocolate drink before bed , rubbing lavender into my temple and the sleeping tablet from my doctor. And making sure I don’t use my iPad with the backlight after dinner, and Berts counting…. Throwing everything that has worked In the past at it. So all good today. Hopefully if that works for the week then I will have broken the pattern. So have been to the pool for the strength exercise classes this morning. Had my favourite brunch and coffee treat and then Off to spotlight to get some more fabric, a bit of shopping for fruit and then home. Ready for the rest of the day.
    Fast day yesterday went well and seem to be able to not have anything but a cup of coffee around lunch time and then nothing again till dinner time. Hope this pattern continues on fast day as it really easy.

SJ pleased to see you have bounced back, what a woman, be kind to yourself for a while and enjoy your wonderful patio with OH. Good luck with your fasting today. And hope the heatwave is not causing you to much discomfort down in Margaret River. Daughter was telling is how she coped with them each year in her home without air conditioning. Lots of reclining in the bathtub with a cool drink. ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
    CG you seem to have the colour back in your canvas. Well done for enticing gyps out of her exile. Hope you are not overdoing it at your classes. Remember to look after yourself oh fearless leader.๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’
    Nice to have you back on board UP. ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’
    Jade. Thanks for thinking of me, although it did seem to start off a roller coaster of various going on’s in your very full bed! ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ. Cannot imaging having to overcome trouble sleeping with all of that to contend with and still sleeping soundly. You are a legend!!!

Fit. Hope you continue use to feel a little better as the days go on. Remember to keep up the hot packs etc and the self pampering so that you don’t undo all the good work you have done over the past few days. ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
    To everyone else have a great day and remember to stop and smell the roses๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน

Hello to all, including the other-worlders.
    I’m a little daunted by the volume of messages. I don’t know how you get the time…but some obviously post during their night time break from sleep and some just get p**d off enough to sit right down and get it off there chests.
    It seems very obvious that the sharing of “our” diet (in it’s various forms) starts friendships.
    I am not a person who establishes casual friendships and i hope this may be the break I need.
    I used to belong to an email group (which will remain un-named )and was soundly spoken to about my Aussie tendency to use the colloquial and the accepted vernacular.
    I became disenchanted with the fact that such trivia interrupted the natural flow of various discussions… If I said “what a bugger!” in sympathy some old biddy (excuse please) would berate me for offensive language! When I pointed out that the phrase was part of one of the most popular adverts ever to grace aussie TV (The dog missing the back of the ute and saying “Bugger!’)it was ignored etc etc… So I resigned!(or was I pushed?)
    So I am loathe to recommence casual discussions along those lines!
    I am…however… blunt and forceful in my approach to some subjects… For instance…. I have decided not to worry about the future of the world…. I’ve done all that when I was young and have decided not to spend my golden days trying to do the impossible but am now concerned mainly with making my life and my wife’s life as happy and contented as possible. Without my lovely wife i would be hard put to be happy. And I know my own attitudes and input has a direct relationship to her happiness.
    So instead of indulging myself with yummy food and smiling till I died I am on the 5:2 diet and slowly becoming fit and as healthy as possible again… for both of us.
    I was very impressed with Mosely and his approach. I had no argument with virtually any aspect of 5:2. But I do feel that the more clinical and documented approach with all the figures and “facts” laid out so you must operate inside rigid boundaries is a negative approach. If you can’t work on a diet so you are able to modify the plan to fit your own happiness measures… You are doomed to fail. A diet must be one that enables you to flex inside broad parameters without desperation and rigidity.
    The 5:2 diet, as espoused by the majority of the other posters, is perfect.
    My wife, goddess bless her, hates pills and suffers untold pain and inconvenience rather than break her “rules”… she doesn’t understand the real values of properly controlled medications but bundles pills in one broad category of “what do they do to your stomach” (goddess bless her M&D!) I hope that one day she will change but that is her right and privilege… to be herself without me telling her what is wrong! I think the territory I inhabit is somewhere between a rock and a hard place. There is no short term answer to helping those who need it…and who are we to judge.
    Let’s just hope that the present world crises allow us the time to live until we die of our own design.
    The Denver Broncos were fortunate and overall the game could have gone either way..but even though it has taken many years I am beginning to see a real football game between the lines!
    I can also sympathise with the visiting US servicemen (during a 1950 encounter while in the RAAF) who refused to play our rugby team after watching them play the first half of a Footy game when the last half was going to be gridiron! They candidly admitted our Rugby was too dangerous! Of course we rubbished the S**t out of them but now I know why they backed off! Gridiron is really like chess with human pieces!
    But I enjoy watching it!
    whatever am I posting? I’m rambling!
    And I’ve got about a tonne of broken timber to chainsaw and pile 9ex the cyclone that hit us at Xmas)!
    And something took a chook yesterday so now we only have two left… a snake probably… a BIG carpet snake…or a six foot goanna that has been lurking around! Life’s like that!
    coffee time first though Fresh beans yesterday!!
    CU all..thanks for the welcome..I’ll try to ease up next time..
    Ian J

Hi Ian, don’t apologise for rambling, most of us find ourselves doing that too ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Plus it’s an insight to people. As far as getting time to post goes, most of us are retired and afford ourselves time to sit I’m using my ipad which follows me between the family room and kitchen bench, so readily available. I only have the 2.5 acreage but love it. My garden is 1/4 of that so can be time consuming but it’s more to the maintenance level now so easy care ๐Ÿ˜Š Plus running my home and waterobics and gym three days a week, so life gets as busy or as easy as I feel fit. A lot of us too have health issues or are post op.
    I’m glad your liking 5:2 and finding it easy and doable. I tend to agree about world problems, the world looked after itself before we arrived and will long after we are gone. It’s life longing for itself. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Have a happy day and how lucky are you to have such a wonderful wife, you are both blessed ๐ŸŒทXxxx

Hi everyone
    Ive had a busy weekend and work week so far so havent been posting but have skimmed most of the posts. I dont reply to them all but i am thinking of those who have had rough times with family and health and i offer up a quick prayer as i read.

FD today and its going well. Ill do another on Thursday i think. The scales have been up and down from day to day thanks to the steroids and i have been probably under-eating as my calories often are only just over 1000. I moved to porridge for brekkie as the dietician who is doing my medical trial said it may help my LDL and cholesterol readings. This has reduced my brekkie calories and my dinner calories are low due to having steamed fish and veg and then due to my long hours last week at work i was not getting to my snacks during the day. I began to feel a bit dizzy on friday and saturday and finally on sunday i worked out the issue and made sure i ate more and also yesterday i ate my full 1500.
    Anyway it taught me a lesson to ensure that i eat enough calories whether i feel like it or not!

Keep well and happy

Anne

Just a quick hello to say I’m loving all the newsy posts from everyone. I’m not a whole lot better so I’m off to the physio again in an hour. Gyps, just woke up with a crick in my neck…don’t know what I did to it, the physio said “you must have had a feed of drink the night before and slept in a heap”, the cheek of him! So, I’ll be back later to answer all the posts properly. Xx

Fit, you tell His Cheekiness that I sleep in a heap every night, so he needs to find a different cause or pass you to someone more professional! Good luck with him and please ring the doc next.

CG I always love hearing you describe your little farm, I can’t have a calf but I will definitely be joining you farmers soon (OK I’ll be the psuedo-farmer buying the seedlings, gotta start somewhere). Hi to Ian and Annie, will catch up better later. It’s off to work with me on rat-race Tuesday – xx
    ps: egads it’s Mardi Gras! and me thinking of a FD – well I’m not in NOLA so it’s possible. Laissez les bon temps rouler, y’all.

Evening all, have been listening to the scrub sounds as the light sprinkles of rain falls on my tin roof. Not nearly enough. So humid and hot in between showers. One just wants to prick the black clouds and let ‘er rip! Am sure I heard the barking sound of crocs in the river flats earlier, several pet dogs have strayed to the river and gone missing recently. All the creatures are gasping in this humidity and pets need constant sources of water. Plus it’s a problem to have dogs on the back of aluminium utes, Poor things fry the pads of their feet. I ventured to the local shop and had words with a local pig shooter on that subject. He had two bull terriers prancing about and looking miserable on his truck. Silly bugger hadn’t even given it a thought. To do him credit he was upset when it was pointed out and drove off with them both in the cab. Seems I can’t help interfering with the world once I’m innit. Oh well, fantasia was fun while it lasted. Tapering off to get the house in order before It gets out of hand. So I’ve read up today’s posts.

UP, good to hear from you and I won’t forget your Mulberry gin, must check how it’s maturing.

CG I rang the airline and apparently I can take spirits in my luggage, up to 5 litres. But if I bring that much I’ll be over my baggage wt and going naked! that’s not a good look just yet. I’m with DAWG, swim suits and me aren’t happening! Will have to use plastic bottles for wt and less likelihood of smashing, the way they throw luggage around. If my case ends up dripping bourbon could be a treat for the sniffer dogs!

GG; is there a middle of the road clothing outlet , like Millers, anywhere close to our venue do you know? I’m thinking I’ll pack light and go shopping down there.(while you lot empty the booze boddles) Anyone got a long range forecast on what the weather will be like in Sydney, heat wise? I can’t even envisage getting into ‘good’ clothes in this heat. Can’t even stand a bra on around the house.

PH; Re your insomnia. I just paid $40 for an Ebook on the subject for the Leprechaun. If I can remember where I stashed email addresses I will send a copy to you. It has very good insights on the latest research into causes as well as cures not based on drugs. Remind me if I fog out. worst comes to it I can Bring it with me on a stick. You need to get on top of insomnia, or even snoring. Incomplete sleep is the root cause of pretty much everything that ails us. Fat especially.

DAWG; the liquid laxative is Lactulose. be sure to take a good probiotic preferably a combo of pre and pro , a good one is ‘Multi Flora Plus’ a chemist line, but not too expensive and of the new type which don’t require refrigeration.be wary of ones that need keeping in the fridge. somewhere down the line they have probably been exposed to heat and are likely dead before you buy them. and they are not cheap, so don’t waste your money.

SJ, How’s the club song coming along? Will expect you to give us a chorus! Failing that we’ll have to invent one on the spot (first musical keyboard we see! oops! there goes the neighbourhood.. )I’m tone deaf, so I’ll be the judge. Oh, and ‘The book’ is supposed to be a play for an amateur theatre group, but things got out of hand. As they usually do. I do think it’s funny Tolstoy’s War and Peace has just been released serialized for a TV show. (I have epics as long, or longer in my cupboard, tho can’t vouch for the quality!). My visiting friend before Xmas ( a retired man of learning)came up with the joint project. We have had so much fun with it, he is considering editing me werks proper! Since he is a minimalist and I am… well..It’s Niagara to a teacup. Might end up with an original comic book!

Garrrk! Lark. Sounds like a plan! Cracked varieties are the best! You’re a nut from my orchard, sounds like.

IAN, Agree, the world’s a bitch and then ya’ die! Pull up a bit of scrub and take a load off, mate. Rattle on at random. We all do. Can’t promise that ‘trivia won’t interrupt the natural flow of various discussion’, but hell, there’s tripe and then there’s eggzestenshallist examinations of faecal matter. Better out than in. Welcome to therapy.

FIT, Hmmm, so ‘Waking up with a crick in the neck” should resolve with rtunr of blood flow to a cramped muscle. If it doesn’t that suggests nerve involvement. Pinched nerves in the cervical spine are relatively common in um…advancing skeletal degeneration (yore not a spring chicken anymore!)so little arthritic nodules can intrude into the spinal canal, a little like stalactites in a cave, Or disc erosion can cause nerve pinching. It can be transient(do you ever get random electric type little shocks from sudden movement of your neck?) mostly they pass quickly , or leave bruised sort of feeling in the soft tissue they service. But if a position that causes pinching is maintained for longer (as in sleep position) it sets up an irritation of the nerve, causing it to swell. swollen nerves in the foramen (bony cavities of the spine that all nerve roots evolve from)have limited room, swelling causes re-irritation on movement. it’s a vicious circle and its effects can be far from the source. where ever the nervestrand is being stimulated. often pinched neck nerves result in burning sensations from the shoulder blades to the hands, or anywhere in between. (think I’ve said this on here before), So, anyway, the cure is to heal the inflammation and shrink the nerve. Anti inflammatories are indicated and the best one is a short term course of cortisone. I’d see your doctor and think xray check rather than a physio. and if you have any tingling in your hand, I’d certainly avoid physio. anti inflammatories are not long term meds. so if they don’t work quickly, think Neuro investigations. Those stalactites can grow and require surgical excision. Best scenario, you just jinked it and you’re better off resting it than aggravating it. More wine for relaxation may be indicated.

That’s my preach for the day. nite all, xxgyps

Home from the torture of the physio, more traction and pulse waves so feeling tender now. He has referred me for two scans , one on my neck and one at the base of my spine. He says it’s compressed vertebrae which causes swelling at the side of the vertebrae and that restricts movement and causes pain. He recommends going swimming to relieve the pressure on the spine but I hate swimming ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ Oh well, I’ll have to do what I’m told, I guess.
    UP, well done to you and OH getting right back on the horse….good on ya!
    Dawg, just love fresh, homegrown tomatoes…..you can’t beat them and they have to be good for you, mmmmm๐Ÿ˜‹
    SJ, I’m glad you gave yourself a break and now you can carry on with renewed determination and grit, which you have plenty of! Hugs to you xxโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’ž
    Jade, ha, ha…..lots of nuts in my life too but that’s what makes it so interesting! Hope your classes went well and that you have a little sanity left for real life! Decided not to have pancakes today as it’s hard to stop once you start๐Ÿ˜ Best of luck with the gardening xx
    PH, sounds like you’re having a great time, so enjoy it all ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’œ Hope your sleep improves too, you’re doing all the right things ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ’ค
    Iannie, I don’t think colourful language will cause offence here, I think you’re in good company! It’s wonderful to hear why you’re doing 5:2 and I wish you every success in this way of life. Most of like to weigh in on Fridays and then post our results here to keep us honest and to encourage us to keep going. So feel free to join in if you want. ๐Ÿ˜€ Ramble away here too, we all do it and it makes very interesting reading!
    CG, hope you’re having another lovely day with your furry friends in the great outdoors. How are the aches and pains now? It’s quite cold here today and has been trying to snow, with a nasty sleety rain falling. The physio says I’m sitting down too much but there’s not alot else to do in this awful weather, there’s only so much housework I can do! I think I should try and do yoga or Pilates but have no experience of either so not sure which to go for. It sounds like a lot depends on the instructor you have.
    AA, you are doing very well and have found what works for you now, so keep up the good work!
    Big hello to everyone else and keep posting ๐Ÿ’•โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’–

Hi gyps! Thanks for all the info …it’s sounding like pinched nerve so hopefully the scan will give shed enough light on the problem to know where to go from here. Sleep well, I think your brain needs a rest after all that creativity xx

Oh… was I raving?

It occurred to me that we’re only thirty pages off being top thread, so raving is helpful. heh, heh, there’s always a silver lining. And anyway, where is everyone?

Ah, It’s 2ish in the morning…..best I take you’re advice, Fit. hope your neck improves. Nerves are one thing that don’t heal with fiddling. I’d ditch the physio. Hanging in water does help lower vertebrae pressure, but you’d have to hang innit from your ankles to benefit your neck and there is that risk of drowning. Cervical nerve pinching is too dicey to trust to anyone less than a neuro bod. take care of yourself my friend. xx gyps

And on no account actually swim! NOTHING could be worse for upper vertebrae tortion.

HAH! I am dying from the giggles over here in the states thinking of Fit hanging by her ankles in the pool – well your neck WOULD stop hurting eventually! Maybe some of Gyps’s elxirs would be your salvation – you could stop paying that physio and put those coins toward a plane ticket for Oz and WTF.
    Now must laugh my way down to the classroom. I look so nice today too, with my mangled dog-bite lip. FD went the way of the horse and buggy – king cake for Mardi Gras, oops had to indulge. Could be a hold-onto-your-hat maintenance week here.

What happened to your lip, Jade? Did you get in between the fighting cat and dog? I’m hoping I won’t have to resort to near drowning before I get to sample some of Gypsy’s potions…..maybe in 2017 ๐Ÿ˜€ Meanwhile I’ll try and follow all the great advice I’m getting. I didn’t head for the doctor first because he would have just given me painkillers and then sent me for X-rays a few weeks later. This way I should get an answer quicker. It’s just very bad timing because we’re short on help for my sister at the moment……effing Murphy’s law!

Morning-evening team, yes I’m laughing too Fit at our “Matrons” picture of you in the pool, kill or cure aye?๐Ÿ˜ƒ She certainly knows what she’s talking about Fit, so rest up, don’t aggrivate things and wait for the scan results. It’s gone on too long now for you not to get good medical advise…….take care, feet up and minimum of chores, including driving!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’•
    Jade, a bit lip? How sore would that be……I’ve had a “pat” from a paw just above my top lip, , getting caught by the paw nail, leaving a fine scare, just playing with one of my boys, and that was really tender. Hoping there are no passionate happenings planned for a while ๐Ÿ™„ Xxx
    Gyps, how our thread comes alive once you start giving your input. Never rambling, just good old fashion knowhow and knowledge, touched with care and concern โ˜บ๏ธ
    I do feel quite humbled that you took time out of your writing, you look to have come up for air….hoorayyyy! A shower and some housework to boot……I should have rattled your cage earlier! And the sounds of croc’s around is something I know I couldn’t handle Gyps, just the thought of those poor animals being taken. And bless you for giving your voice to the pig farmer, they just don’t think, some do put rubber matting on the tray base but not many……and I hate seeing the farm dogs loose in the back, by law they must be tied in but it does’t always happen๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’ž
    Shower time, onto the pleasure and pain of the pool then exercises. My massage is due Friday which I’m looking forward to…..with trepidation, oh it hurts, but feeeels soooo good ๐Ÿ˜„ I’m fasting today instead of tomorrow again, it fits my routine better as being busy, then tired, often requiring a nanny nap, is good on a fasting day.
    “never stop doing your best, just because you are not always given the due credit”
    Cuddles ๐Ÿ’Xxxxxxxx

Gyps, I make it just under 1500, not 30? But we’ll get there, we started a lot later so doing incredibly well โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’Xx

Mornin’ CG! Just coming up for air! Splutter, splutter! ๐Ÿ˜ I’m trying to rest but the physio said sitting down so much was the cause of the problem so I don’t really know what to do for the best. Old age and gravity are taking their toll, I think.
    I agree that people often forget to take proper care of their pets in the heat. One very hot summer in France we had our dog with us when we went to a local store. A man came in and asked if we owned the vehicle with the dog in it outside. When we said yes, he proceeded to tear strips off us for leaving the dog in the car with the windows closed. Every time we tried to interrupt him, he just got angrier and insisted we went outside that very second to release the dog. He finally paused for breath and we managed to point out that the roof was open! He didn’t even have the good grace to apologise!
    Crocs and sharks, weird lizards and dangerous spiders, snakes and creepy crawlies……..don’t know if I’ll be able for an AD reunion….might need to put some tranquillisers in my hooch ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฐ

Hi Fit, it does sound scarey but rare, believe me, I’m no hero with any of them either, especially spiders ๐Ÿ˜ฑ Yes it’s a dilema I know, just do what your comfortable with, I had to walk around my home for weeks after my surgery, mentally changing the dcore on each cycle for interest, but it helped, maybe just gentle walking? I know your weather is crappy, so maybe just try that……in short bursts, anyway, gotta go, chat later ๐Ÿ’•Xxxxxx

Wow what a great day on thr thread. Can report another successful night of sleep. ๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’คThrowing everything at it seems to be working and so it I can keep this up for a few more nights then the pattern may have been blaster to Smitherines!!!๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ Not sure it the right spelling but good enough…
    First of all Gyps. Would love a link to the information you got for the leprechaun . I’ll have my computer with me as well as my iPad and so if you have it on a stick that would be great. I can then transfer it to my computer. Also think the advice for Fit is spot on. good that the physio has ordered a scan though but would be cautious of any more treatment before getting it looked at by a doctor.

On the bright side gyps it is so great to have you back๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ I would be more than happy to help out with the cost of additional luggage for the transportation โœˆ๏ธโœˆ๏ธof said concoctions. Plastic bottles a good idea. Maybe in a box with FRAGILE clearly marked. Would love to accompany you shopping….imagine would be such a hoot.๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ก๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘˜๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ‘“๐Ÿ•ถ๐ŸŒ‚๐Ÿ‘Ÿ forgot about the club song. Yes we certainly must remember to fi ish that.
    Thanks for the tip about probiotics.. Must get some so great that your retired man of learning and you are getting together to maybe create something with you…a comic book. The mind boggles!!!
    Oops. Eatery running out.. Better submit before I lose ..back soo

Hello team. FR too many interesting posts to mention you all by name. Gypsy ya beauty. Many thanks for info re the +*ยฃ>%# constipation. I’ve just got back from the chemist with all the necessary. Yes CG the 5:2 should not caus this problem. I guess some of us are just susceptible to this as we age. It seems to be a bit of a family issue. I will try and add more nuts to my diet. I’ll add this to the human nuts that are part of my family ( myself included. ) yes I like the idea of medicinal chocolate. It’s like medicinal vino. Very doable for me. Ian, I doubt if any of us will have a hissy fit if you mention the word buggar. You might have noticed that we are a broadminded lot. Is buggar still considered a swear word? I do draw the line at some who cannot finish a sentence without using the F word. Call me old fashioned if you like.
    Fit, SJ,PH I hope your physical and emotional pains will be a thing of the past soon.
    XX Dawg

Hi all, Fit you have to come one day! Only germans seem to get eaten by crocodiles for some reason.

Welcome Ian, I too am busy and can’t always manage to read everything carefully only to get confused later on when I feel like I have missed something major. Don’t worry about stopping smiling all the way to the grave. You will still do that and hopefully for longer. There are many happy people here who are smiling because of what 5/2 has done for them!
    Most of the long term people on here don’t struggle with this way of life at all as it becomes second nature but we all like to keep in touch anyway and there are always newcomers who benefit from some old hand support. What part of OZ are you in?

Of course, we all have our off days and dramas and I did not resist the wine yesterday on my nf day as planned but that’s OK. I had a kind of stressful day and rewarded myself!

CG, I am definitely coming even though I have foolishly not yet booked a ticket. I will no doubt have to pay more now but will look at it today. We are travelling again in the next couple of weeks and we are only booking those flights today. I haven’t booked only because I haven’t figured out exactly how many days I am staying and as things seem to change a lot around here, we tend to leave things until I am sure of dates. I will definitely be there for the main days if not all of them. ๐Ÿ™‚ I am looking forward to meeting everyone too.

Morning all. Fit, Promise we won’t let the wildlife getcha’!… But Ta for the inspiration, Tranquilzers, hooch, sounds good…..am presently researching the effects for your complaint. Will let you know how it goes.

Jade, I do think you should grab a ticket and join us. It’ll be right up your alley. The gay Mardi Gras will be on in Sydney at the same time as our reunion. Bring King Cake. I’ll add mint julep to the likker list.

CG not sure what your ‘1500 not 30’ is referring to, but it sounds like you are training for a marathon with all that exercise, best stop at the point where if becomes ‘wearing you out’ rather than building you up, Mate.

On the other hand (there always is one) it will be nice to have a caring, fit person to direct my wheelchair through traffic. (and we’re not talking sidecar here!) The Gawdmuther is out on the reef in a tinny in this, so she’ll likely end up with sunstroke and require liquid medication on the plane. And I am so out of puff with this humidity it is not looking good for trekking up the Harbour bridge!

The airport epic, carting the HANDBAG… (of a paranormal, okay, might need that, I saw it in a dream, so Stuffit all in last minute…) and my breathing apparatus (sleep apnoea machine) is not an aspect I’m looking forward to. So given we’ll want to make a quick exit before the sniffer dogs suss out the bootleg bag, am toying with the idea of actually ordering up a wheelchair so we can use it as a luggage cart! (damn stoopid they don’t have them on that loooong tunnel stretch) Does that sound like a responsible, unselfish, queue hopping dear little ole granny?

Ah, well, it’s just that Zelda! She’s geared to self preservation and ‘God helps them wot help themselves’…. but I do want you to be proud of me, so I might venture off my chair and stick a toe outside…let us resurrect Rocky one more time! God my garden’s a mess…

“Don’t look you fool!”

“Shut up, Zelda! One little weed won’t kill you. Pull it! Ouch!”

“see, I told you….”

“Oh, well, that’s my neck stuffed now. Best go put some ice on it.”

“Yeah, preferably in a tranquilizing drink.”

“It’s too early, ZEE, behave yourself!”

“Pffft! It’s five o’clock somewhere…”

“Hmmm, well that’s true…and we do need to condition ourselves for the time zone difference down South…Ah, that feels better already. Hello chair. Now where did we leave that pesky villain? Oh, yes, there he is…”

See you all in a week or two… keep the faith. gyps

PH, copy that. Will do.

Dawg, Make sure you have extra water with lactulose. Best way to avoid stirring up an irritable bowel is a whoosh-out, not a push and drag. Add natural yoghurt to your diet afterwards. Very soothing to the tummy lining and is extra natural probiotic. TRY starting everyday with THREE glasses of water on waking,(with empty stomach) – don’t eat for 20 minutes and then have hot cuppa. We can move mountains, mate. Luck.

Morning team. Boy when Gyps is on full throttle it takes all day to read the posts…but love every one of them Gyps!Why oh why did you shut yourself away for soo long?! Yeah I know you gotta write but don’t stay away so long next time!! XX
    Dawg I couldn’t possibly drink 3 glasses of water first thing in the morning though I do have the same problem as you. One full glass seems to be my tolerance level then I start feeling water logged! Dawg thx for thinking of me…yes I think I’ve processed where my D is at & have let her go for now. Feeling much more settled just letting her go.
    Yeah for you UP get those tickets booked today girl. I want to meet you!! You’re a busy little traveller aren’t you. We’ve had our tickets to the US booked for ages (which is unusual for us) & our hosting accommodation. But now our S & DIL are coming up with all these times when they’d like to go away with us for the weekend & so we’re having to go back to hosts & explain that things have changed. Damned if you plan early & damned if you don’t eh! Hope they’ll all be understanding.
    PH soo glad you’re sleeping at last with a combo of all the hints thrown at you!!! Where would we be without 5:2 to give us wise advice & mountains of knowledge between all of us? Up the creek I reckon. Hey we don’t live to this age for nothing! We must have learned a few tricks along the way. ๐Ÿ™‚
    CG really like your last quote today especially since it applies very much to me right now. XX
    Fit do hope you’re backing off on all your activity until you get a diagnosis from your scans & a dr looks at them. My OH had similar in his neck & swimming certainly was NOT one of the advised activities! Rest….rest…rest my dear. I DO mean it!!
    Jade Ian hope you’re having a great day.

Well over to MFP to map out my day. Last few days I’ve been looking at alternative health cover & it’s SUCH a minefield & EVERYONE you speak to wants to talk ad infitum about what you get etc etc etc!!! Trying to do the research online but then you get stuck & have to call someone ####. It will take forever. One is better in one area but worse in others. Then you find they list the rebates differently so it’s very difficult to compare products. Looking at one called just Frank which has excellent reviews & very good payments for physio/osteo/dental etc. Is anyone a member? We’re presently with HBF & what we get back for Extras is a pittance really.

Gotta go or I’ll get nothing done today. Byee all suejen XXXX

PS Gyps once I find the page where our song is (large sigh…..how many pages back it it?????) I’ll get onto it!! Pity there isn’t a quicker way to search.

Gyps, gon’t wish to interrupt you and Zelda but the numbers refer to getting to number one. You said earlier we were about 30 to go I think, maybe I read it wrong?
    It’s such a joy reading your posts, and as far as the wheel chair goes, go fo it, anything for ease these days, plus it’s easier than carrying luggage ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Enjoy the day…..
    Suejen, I’m glad you have found peace with your thoughts, good for you๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’•

Up how exciting you are coming ๐Ÿ’ž We are all looking forward to our meet up, I wonder if we will recognise each other at first sight, GG and I did, strangely ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’ž

Hi there everyone…I have absolutely no idea how many posts I’ve read and am sure I will remember virtually no ideas that abound in everyone’s posts. I am very slowly getting the hang of some abbreviations… but will try to avoid using them for a while until I am sure I don’t blunder…
    I shall first comment on the diet. My guess is that the reason so many alternative diets are as popular (without real reasons) is that they are almost always commercially driven. You have to pay others to do something or sell you stuff or to rub your tummy!!! I have found few other diets that are self organised and self motivated and as (relatively) convenient for all ages and lifestyles.
    I began thinking that I should lose about a pound a week after I settled down. I am losing about half that…. but… you know what… I KNOW that I can keep going until I choose to stop or modify my diet. And I see/hear so many people who are still counting calories and weighing stuff and abstaining from various much loved foods…. no wonder they fail in the long run.
    It also provides a lot of excuses that bolster their fear of failing and create doubts as to their ability to continue…”maybe I’m on the wrong diet!??”
    I have given up two days of stuffing myself with goodies (hey… I don’t have sugars and sweets anyway… but I love meat and veggies and tasty things!) I don’t have to cut anything out except for two short days I restrain myself..but go to bed after what one MIGHT call a day’s fasting …feeling quite satisfied but not replete!
    Ahhhh… It’s great to be pure of heart and mind!
    I might preach a little at this stage… and some will hate me!!! It is perfectly natural for an aging body to not need a full night’s sleep. Those who have their mindset thinking that because they wake up in the middle of the night and can’t get back to sleep that there must be something wrong with them as they “used to sleep for ten hours” are just confusing the past performance with the now! How many of you can say that you “used to be able to have sex all night” …. and Now!!?? get used to it!two hours is max!:-)
    We don’t use as many calories, our bodies tire in different areas our mental activities are now far more different than decades ago and our sleeping habits are required to remain unchanged???? The difference between base animals and humans is the ability to adapt and change quicker than most other living things… but we still expect to sleep without anything changing!
    You can spend all the time and money you like on whatever catches your fancy… but unless your qualified practitioner can specify a physical problem or a mental problem that is recognisable and Thus treatable (mostly) get used to it… change your sleep patterns, get up and dance..or garden, or phone a friend who you KNOW is also up and awake! Read, listen, look, walk, talk, and when you start to feel tired again… get back to bed where you will then go to sleep or at least be comfortable in the knowledge that there’s really nothing wrong…just that you have changed!!!
    Of course I can add that if you find yourself having waking nightmares about your ex and worrying about the bank statement or you find your constipation becoming too unbearable… you might have to do something more constructive…(assassination is one option :-)..) But as a human who used to last between 7 an 14 days between defecations I can assure you that it’s great to get rid of your physical burdens also! I now drink ample water (always without forcing it) and ensure I eat ample fruit and minimal carbs (bread I love!)and I now go at least twice weekly!! wow! and I am told that I am odourless in all other respects!
    There’s a few secrets that few Know and some you didn’t want to know!.. that’s the net for you!!!
    Love reading your posts… keep it up… I’ll get the hang eventually!

HELLO ALL ADER’S……..What great posts. I have been trying all day between activities to read them. I have been MIA as there are many things happening with work …going to conferences ,meetings education days …I am getting past it…..STOP….!๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ค
    IT IS SO AWESOME TO HAVE OUR GYPSY BACK!!!! So glad Zelda let you hsve some time to us,๐Ÿ˜ˆ
    GYPS – The forcast for Sydney in March on our WTF dates will be temps between 22-26 deg. Some rain,overcast and sunny days.There is clothes shops in Darling Harbour complex that will suite any budget . PADDY’S MARKET HAS anything and everything that you will need to be kited out from head to toe …so do not worry.
    You eould be comfortable in flat shoes ,cardi for cool nights, tpos long sleeve shirts,pants possible something dressy if you want .
    UP- ITS WONDERFUL that you WILL BE JOINING US. I HAVE A SPARE BED ON THE FRIDAY NIGHT IF YOU NEED TO STAY , AS ITS THE FAREWELL DINNER NIGHT SO IT WILL BE BIG๐Ÿท๐Ÿน๐Ÿด
    IF ANY OF THE NEW MEMBERS WANT TO JOIN US PLS DECIDE SOON SO THAT WE CAN GIVE YOU THE INFORMATION FOR WTF REUNION. ….BTW….WTF is Wednesday,Thursday and Friday….NOT WHAT YOU MAY BE THINKING,โ˜บ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜’
    Have a FAB evening team ………GO GAL๐Ÿ‘ธโค๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’“
    !

GG, great to see you back on deck, hope you’re not over doing things ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Ian, I’m glad you lost your shyness with us, your post is informative and fun to read, keep it up. We have all found 5:2 to be the easiest way of eating/life WOE/WOL) and will be doing it for life, most of us have been going around 18 months with rare complaints.๐Ÿ˜Š
    Something I found months ago, what your saying regarding needing less sleep, it’s the same with food. My appitite is nowhere near what it used to be…(and lets face it, you can only pass what you eat….so if you’re eating less, there will be less trips to the loo) ………..but, .be it age or 5:2 or nearlly loosing 30K! It’s all working (well for me)
    Have a lovely evening ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’xxxxxx

Wow…far too many posts to answer..but what a Buzz. Loving it. ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—
    Welcome Ian. Will have to go back and read your post as he not had time to read it.

Fit hope you are looking after yourself,

SJ . Sounds like you are feeling better.๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’— I thought I had a copy of the song but can’t find it. Will keep looking.

Will need to set aside some time tomorrow to go through all of the posts. Not going to Bridge as back a bit tender again and I have a full weekend of lessons coming up so will give the old back a rest. Did a bit much at the aqua classes at the pool today. They had some new exercises and obviously one of them does not suit me. Think I know which one it is ..so won’t do it anymore.

fast day going well today again. I’m with you CG we seem to have mastered the art of Fast Day extremely well, it is now 7pm and I have only had. Coffee so far. oH calling me for dinner now so that will be nice. Fish and lots of green vegetables ..with cauliflower mash. yum the. My hot chocolate drink tonight to help with my sleeping….all good. ๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค

Viewing 50 posts - 11,451 through 11,500 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.