Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 9,451 through 9,500 (of 14,786 total)

• Noots. Your OH is right. Think of the positives if you can even though it is hard to do at the moment..
    I feel your frustration ??? Takes time for swelling to go down but I am no expert on this. Just hang in there, and know it will be better on Thursday when you get the lighter cast. Meanwhile enjoy the pampering. Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts……?????

Hi Fit

your wee message hit the spot, was upset that OH was moaning about something yesterday! Life is just too short to be upset about a herring – a herring for god’s sake – I cooked it, we ate it and life goes on, and when I sit down and think about it, its a wonderful life!

read something the other day about waking up with aches and pains. We must celebrate those aches and pains, they are constant reminders that we are alive, and isn’t that the greatest gift?

Loads of cyber hugs!!!

And we must plan something for next year to make our Aussie friends jealous, will check out Groupon, suggest we find a fabby hotel at a ridiculously low price!

Good morning team, evening Fit, Fit it’s sad to think you are going through a tough time. Grief is only relieved by grieving. Remembering the person with fond loving thoughts, laughter and tears and the process is normal. We learn to be thankful someone crossed our path in life and enlightened us in some way. Being there for their relatives is another lovely way of sharing those memories. Your daughters life will take whichever path she chooses. It’s unfortunate we can’t step in and take thier pain for them, but that doesn’t teach them life’s lessons. Being there as her shoulder, her confidant, her friend is more important than offering suggestions to her as her final decision must be hers/theirs. Sleep well my friend, you will need your strength in the morning to face whatever life brings, snuggle into OH and be grateful to have each other. My thoughts are with you. Xxxxxxx
    Strange looking morning weather wise, very overcast but warmish. I’ll be packing today, just my overnighter, and looking forward to Glenn arriving, just for the strength/support of thoughts. I refuse to believe anything but positive thoughts, just wish my tummy would stop jmping ?
    Noots, are you keeping your hand raised, even supported on a high cushion to help with the swelling. It would be very uncomfortable for you, but keep check of your dressings, if they get too tight, seek help, make sure you have some movement ?
    Well on to a few chores, this time tomorrow my worries will be behind me, so will be staying busy. Enjoy your day team, think positive, positive vibes are contagous to those around you, so spread the sunshine ☺️ and don’t forget planning for your fast….happy day team xxxxxxx

Morning Team it looks like OH what a beautiful morning over here in the west. CG & PH funny you talking about shanks as I cooked 2 a few nights ago & they were so delicious. It was a moroccan recipe. CG keep yourself busy with packing & getting organised & tell that tummy to stop its antics! Go out to your garden & your Lexie & admire everything around you & let it calm you & slowly soothe away any anxiety. You will do wonderfully well I know. {{{{{ }}}}}
    Fit {{{ }}} for you too can you feel them. As others have said you must grieve, you need to grieve so give yourself permission to do just that. And that will bring you to a place where you can remember so many happy times & happy memories of your friend & who she was. I think with your daughter you have a soft heart like me & we want everything to be fixed/well but like me you have to allow her to grow through life’s tough times, & pray that she will make the best decision for her. XXXX
    Milena your suggestion to Fit sounds like a great idea!
    Noots {{{ }}} your way too with your thumb & plaster. I feel for you as I had 3 plasters in 2 years when first diagnosed with osteoporosis. Was NOT fun. But it does heal & does get better with time & swelling will go down & you’ll have a thumb you can use. Yeah….think of that with your sewing! Grab a good book or whatever you love to do.
    PH what did you decide to do – did the jobs or the book win????

Well my cake is iced & looking yummy (very chocolaty). Time for brekky shower & off to last rehearsal before church. Have a good day all & be kind to yourselves & what life is dealing you at present. We are all strong & can get through the tough stuff with our aussie determination, even Fit if it’s honorary aussie determination!! sj XXXX

Hello team. Fit I’m so sorry that you are going through such a difficult sad time. Do be kind to yourself and don’t stress about the eating. You can start fasting again once you are feeling up to it.
    I’ve also had rather a destressing morning. A neighbour of ours from down the road has an elderly dog that is clearly in a very bad way. She’s my daughter’s age but we’ve made good friends with them. She has no children and her dog is her baby. I’m convinced that one of the new vets in town is just keeping this poor pooch alive so that she can get more money out of them. His abdomen is distended, he can’t eat, he has hardly passed any urine and not had a bowel action for days. He needs to be euthanised. I’ve offered to take him in for her but so far she’s still hoping he will pull through. I can hardly force her but it’s hard to see an animal in such distress.
    This weekend has been a bad food choice one for me. We’ve had dessert two nights running. Something we seldom have. We are also about to go out for lunch. Come tomorrow I’m going to try for a very low carb, low GI week. PH I’m going to have a look at that foodie website. It sounds interesting.
    XX Dawg

Hi Sujen. The book won..just about to have a shower and get dressed. The jobs will wait till tomorrow. Think I’ll have a coffee though as have not eaten yet. Like a piece of your yummy chocolate cake to go with it..

CG as SJ says, have a calm day and look forward to your sons company. Although you will probably be rushing around getting everything done before your surgery. I can just picture you now.. Good that you are thinking positive. I find that really helps, then no more tummy troubles and you can enjoy life once again to the fullest. Bye for now.?

Oh Doggy, how sad, it’s almost time to bring in the. RSPCA, it would be so much kinder PLUS, they would find her another dog needing a much loved home ? win-win..xxxx

Oh dear, what a tough time some people are having. Noots, at least yours is actually a positive thing as it will soon be better. Take it as an opportunity to have a rest!
    Milena, try and remember to copy before you hit send. If only I always remembered to follow my own advice!

Doggie, maybe the vet is realising how much your neighbour doesn’t want to lose this dog? It is horrible though, to force treatments on dogs for the sake of the human owners. I would never put a dog through chemo etc.
    Having said that, vet practises have really changed haven’t they? It is all tests and treatments and they seem to assume that everyone wants to do all that, not like the old days but then again our attitudes to animals seem also to have changed.

Funny how everyone except me liked The Dressmaker. I didn’t dislike it. Just found the mixing of genres didn’t work for me and didn’t laugh aloud except once!

SJ, I use taste.com a lot too but like PH I like to follow a recipe. I figure they know what they are doing. I am actually going to use one of their recipes today to make some banana bread but I will substitute pecans for walnuts as that is what I have, so I am not completely useless at that!

Fit, you seem to be worst hit at the moment. I feel for you. Look after yourself and if you need to comfort yourself with food, so be it. This too shall pass.

Well, I went to a work function for my husband last night, just a large group of academics in his area and I realised that we were the only Australian born couple there. Only one other native aussie turned up later with his french wife who is also an academic. Everybody brought food so it was a delicious mix of flavours from all over the world. Truly a multicultural evening with folk from China, Japan, Vietnam, Canada, The Netherlands, Argentina, Spain, Romania, Italy, France, Lebanon, India, Russia and the Ukraine off the top of my head. There were probably others.

On the home front, I have briefly mentioned my possum troubles (and my now virtually non existent azaleas) but have not mentioned I don’t think, the bush turkey issue. Forgive me if I have.

For those who are unfamiliar with them I suggest you google and read about their habits. They are hilariously ugly birds but like cows in India, they have right of way in Brisbane. If one decides to build a nest in your yard, you have to let them. They will basically move tonnes of mulch to make a huge mound and then the mother lays the eggs and takes off. The father stays and guards the nest and then when the young hatch he terrorises them and kicks them out and they have to fend for themselves from day 1.

Well, out the front of our house and our neighbours but technically on council land, we have a particularly favourable nesting area which we all garden in. We have been suffering the latest nest even though the male has been chasing me and my dog literally into the next street when we go for walks.
    Another neighbour had enough as she said he was “raping” her chickens, so she paid for him to be relocated. The catch them with a mirror!

You have to remove the mound asap as another bird will take it over and also do what you can to remove the scent from the area. So, as most of the mulch actually came from our garden, my husband spent hours yesterday, shovelling in the heat.He also replaced the mulch in the neighbours garden.

They basically kick everything in their path to make the mound so my husband found all sorts of things such as a pair of scissors and a shirt.The watering system had been completely destroyed. Urine is recommended for scent change. I don’t think any of the neighbours have yet personally done that but we have taken my dog over to wee on it.

Woke up this morning to find another turkey trying to take up residence. Took the dog out to gently dissuade ( the dog (17 months) just wants to play) and it went away. Not for long I am sure! Actually, I will try and upload a bush turkey pic for Fit and Milena! This was in the early days. The mound got much much bigger!

[URL=http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/Uptightoutasight/media/IMG_0669_zpsfgw4d29m.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t447/Uptightoutasight/IMG_0669_zpsfgw4d29m.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

And my weeing, turkey deterrent.

[URL=http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/Uptightoutasight/media/IMG_0016_zpsdris7bkc.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t447/Uptightoutasight/IMG_0016_zpsdris7bkc.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

photo IMG_0669_zpsfgw4d29m.jpg

photo IMG_0016_zpsdris7bkc.jpg

Up how comical! I can understand how annoying it would be but what a persistent animal, what a lovely picture, is that you or your daughter? Xxxxx

Just a thought when looking at the mound, as a deterrent when it goes, would weed mat or some shade cloth on the ground stop it building, or resettling as it shouldn’t be able to dig through it? ? x and just love your teddy bear of a dog, what a cuddle xxxxxx

Doggy. What a shame about the dog suffering. Some vets do try too much I think. A friend if my daughters who also loved her dog like a child spent over 7,000 before he eventually had to put the dog down.

UP. I knew the collected anything blue but a large esky must have been a challenge ..good luck with the deterrent..love the beautiful dog. And your daughter?

Beautiful lunch had calamari rings about 1/2 inch thick stuffed with garlic prawns and some sort of stuffing on a bed of cherry tomatoes, capsicum and red onion with a fabulous dressing…Yummy. And good for me.!

Oops just realised that it is the bower bird that collects blue things and that the esky would be there for size comparison…silly me???

Ha! No one is silly, PH. I think the neighbour put the esky there when he first came to try and discourage the digging…..didn’t work.

And yes, that is my daughter. CG, if only it was me!

Up shes lovely and I bet she takes after her Mother when she was that age ? xxxx

All the best tomorrow CG. Prayers are with you for successful op.

PH thankyou so much, that means the world to me. Off to bed shortly, get the night over with hoping I can sleep, no idea why I’m like this ..this time….hope to be posting again Tuesday xxxxxx

CG may be too late for you to read this tonight but sending love prayers and hugs your way for a very successful op – maybe you’ll read in the morning. Hope you’ve been able to sleep OK & that Glenn has been able to calm your worries. I’m wondering a couple of things as to your anxiousness this time when you’ve already been through a much bigger op. First is that you haven’t had much time to prepare yourself mentally for this one – it’s just been thrust onto you quite quickly & you haven’t had much choice re when/where or who does it, which you looked into carefully for your back. Second is simply that it’s a second op for you in one year & perhaps you’re wondering how that will affect you, whether you’ll bounce back as well. I think probably the first one plus you were so desperate for your back op by the time it happened that you just KNEW it had to be done. So this is a bit different. But never fear CG all will be well & your strength both mental & physical will see you though PLUS of course your sheer *$##@& mindedness as you put it! And don’t forget we’re all rooting for you as my american DIL would say! There….that should make you laugh!! Cultural differences eh?!
    Night night all even though it’s only 6.55pm over here. Going to be a couch potato tonight I think. Have a headache for no reason that I can’t get rid of despite panadols. Might be an early night too. suejen XXXX
    PS choir performance went really well apart from a few little notes they didn’t quite hit, but for novices they did fantastic. Must have been quite nervous I think. And I got a carton (12 bottles) of nice red wine for playing for them. The conductor has a small backyard vineyard & makes his own & apparently after a few vintages the wine is pretty good now. He’s getting better at it!
    Fit hope you’ve been kind and generous to yourself today & had a ME day. Noots hope the swelling is down a little for you.

Hi All,
    Noots – hope your thumb and fingers are starting to feel better. Keep your hand raised and let yourself be pampered. The lighter plaster should make a difference….take care xx.
    Milena – glad you got the better of that herring!! πŸ™‚
    CG – your op is probably over by now, so I hope all went well and that you can get on with the recovery you so deserve! Look forward to a great Christmas now and put this difficult year behind you! Xxxx
    Doggy – how awful for your neighbour to be in such a dilemma with her dog. It’s so hard to make that final decision….but her vet should give the correct advice in the animal’s best interest and then that makes it easier on the owner.
    Up – what an interesting post! It’s amazing for me to hear about this exotic wildlife but it sure sounds like they can make an awful nuisance of themselves!! Thanks for the great photos too. Your daughter and dog are both gorgeous!! πŸ™‚
    PH – very jealous of your calamari lunch….sounds fab!!
    SJ – sounds like your choir did a great job, well done and enjoy the wine – you deserve it! Xxxx
    Very wild and windy here today; we had another orange weather warning so lots of big branches and even some trees down all over the country. Just have to fetch my sister to bring her to my house for lunch and drop her back later, but apart from that I will be staying indoors for the day. Best of luck to all you wonderful people for the week ahead; especially you, CG, for your op. XXXX

So here I am. Tail end of a long day. I must say, running a house at full capacity is getting to be beyond the pale. I have no time to dream and less to be online. But don’t give up on me. I’ll be back!

Fit, don’t sweat the small stuff, mate, we will be here for you when the world is not stopping to let you smell the roses. Sad, but true, your sister needs to be in a care facility that is tailored to her needs.
    Don’t know what you have over there, but the rule of thumb is ; reserve the quality of time together as a family as long as you can, but don’t sacrifice beyond what is beneficial to that quality. An unstressed visitor in a well conducted care facility, will give her a better sense of being loved then a passing parade of relatives struggling to cope with her personal care. With no time or energy left do be her friend. Do what you can and know when that is not enough. Feel for you. luck. xx

CG, thinking of you for tomorrow’s adventure. The cards declare all will be well, xxx …..nite all, I will get back to normal as soon as can be arranged. But Christmas is coming and my charity events are lining up!

Happy days everyone xx NAN.. <3

Good morning all. Just a reminder that today is FD for most of us . CG will certainly be fasting. Thoughts with her at the moment. She will be on her way to the hospital by now with her lovely son, so in her absence on the thread today I will try to gee you all up for a good FD. Need to be eating β˜•οΈ??? and none of these???? Remember the 4 P’s Gals and remember We Have done this many times before and we can do it again today. After all we are AUSSIE DETERMINATION. You can meet this challenge and make a great success of this if you put your mind to it. And we all know how to do that . So GOOD LUCK!!
    Well off to the pool for Aquarobics now…have a good strong willed day???

Good morning, PH – yes, we are all thinking of CG and hoping everything goes smoothly for her. Let’s make sure that when she is able to log on and read the posts here, she will see that we have all left messages of determination and good wishes for her and that we have all been very good in her absence!! πŸ™‚ Enjoy the pool PH. Happy fasting, everybody xxxx

Great advice to Fit, Gypsy.

I’m too late for CG but thinking of her.

All the best to the fasters, may have to do mine tomorrow.

Hi all, CG by the time you read this the op will be over. Happy recovery! Love reading all your posts ladies. Keeping me cheerful while I get through this first, hard week. Will try to post photo of my bandaged hand. OH feeding me too well. My FD is tomorrow so will skip breakfast and ask for a smaller lunch and dinner. How do I post photos please?

Gypsy – no way would we ever give up on you!! Don’t overdo the housework….we need you too much! Love to the little leprechaun and the gawdmother xxxx

CG you are probably in theatre at the moment. I do hope that the op goes off well and that you will soon be over your aches and pains. I presume it will be keyhole surgery and not a large abdominal wound that was the norm in my days as a theatre sister.
    Up your story about the bush turkeys is very descriptive and amusing, but not for you I’m sure. As far as I know we don’t have them in the southern states but I’m familiar with possums. When we lived in country Victoria we had large trees overhanging the roof. Every night we’d be woken by possums scampering across the roof. We tied every thing imaginable to get rid of them but to no avail. We have them here in Tassie too but not on the roof. They used to come an poop on our deck but I used to let my dog out when I heard them and he’d chase them off. He once almost bit one in the bum and that scared them off big time.
    Yes the saga with J and her dog is very sad. I haven’t seen her since yesterday. The vet is not the same vet I take my animals to. I’m afraid that I’m very sceptical when she told J that she needed to do an ultrasound to see what was going on. I’m sure a straight forward X Ray would be sufficient to detect an abdominal mass.
    FD here again. No big deal. I’m hoping to lose a bit of weight this week. Time will tell.
    ?????

Hi all. How is your fast day going? I’m doing well so far. Just my two eggs so far and so on track to have a good one. Remember that Aussie Determination..WE CAN DO THIS???

Hi All CG hope everything went well with your surgery & that you’re feeling not too sore with some drugs. You can tell us all about it tomorrow when you’re more with it! Hugs your way CG & prayers for a speedy & trouble-free recovery. Keyhole surgery?
    PH thanks for keeping us lot motivated for our FD. I’ve been busy as was determined to finish the sewing & send it tomorrow. And I HAVE. I just need to buy a few more little bits & bobs to put inside the bags I made & we’re done. Last little dress for Maddy the baby is very cute – a fluffy affair with 4 ruffles on it & puffy sleeves. Fiddly but worth it!
    I too have had a good fast day – always is when you keep busy! A coffee for brekky & just had a HB egg & then a poached chicken dish for dinner. Should have enough for my Jarrah- yummo.
    Doggie you & me both hoping to lose a bit of weight this week. You’re right thought FD’s are no big deal any more are they…just routine & that’s good. Can just picture your dog biting the possum’s bum!!
    Noots as to posting photos. You sign up to Photobucket (just google it). Then you can upload any photos either on your computer. Very easy to do – heading says Upload. Once they’ve all loaded look for the heading saying LIBRARY & open. All your photos will be there. Underneath each photo will be a series of links & you need the HTML one. Click on that & it will highlight blue. Then right click on the text & select copy. Then go to the forum & right click & Paste & the link will appear there. You won’t see the photo though until you click Submit for your post. It should appear with your post. If it doesn’t let me know & I’ll tell you where to fix the settings. Boy that was long winded! That’s how it works for me but for others it’s different.
    Gyps good to see you logging in when you can. Yes a few charity/volunteer events coming up for a few of us methinks.

Hope everyone’s FD went really well & you can hit the pillow with a smile! Tomorrow you can have whatever you like…..just not how MUCH you like! suejen XXXX

Hi all, thanks suejen re Photobucket. looks interesting but haven’t got the hang of it yet. Will surprise you all, and myself, with photos one day. Swelling finally going down after I rang the physio and she told me to squeeze my fingers into my palm ten times every hour. Hurts but working. My fd tomorrow so no food till noon. OH doing well with meals. Will ask for a lot less at lunch and dinner. Goodnight all.

Hi All,
    My FD is just beginning and I’m determined to undo all the self-destruction of the last few days. I’m looking forward to going over to the UK to see my daughter receive her award in college on Wednesday. I’ll try to make careful choices while I’m there too and do my second fast of the week when I get back.
    Noots – good to hear that your OH is looking after you well, enjoy it while it lasts.
    Doggy – loving the story about the possums, but know it’s not funny for you. Hope your neighbour’s dog is put out of its misery soon. Gd job on the fasting which will get results I’m sure.
    SJ – can’t wait to see the photos of your latest handiwork and I bet the excitement when they arrive on the other side of the world will be wonderful xx
    PH – you are a legend…..you are rocking the 5:2 wol πŸ™‚
    CG – hope all went very well for you and that you are being pampered and spoiled by your son. XX
    Hugs to Up, GG, Gypsy and you all. BRING IT ON; WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

Hi everyone!
    I have just completed my first fast day….. feeling very pleased with myself, and surprisingly full after dinner.
    I am so excited to have started this as I really believe I can stick to this!
    πŸ™‚

Hi SJMCG – welcome to this great thread and to this way of life. Well done on your first fast…the first of many and wishing you every success. Ask any questions you want and we will help and support you any way we can. Best of luck!! πŸ™‚

Hi, I got travel dates from my husband and it looks like I am definitely able to come to the WTF reunion.

Hi Gang, so sorry to be MIA, but so involved with life here ATM. Changing OH’s habits seems to depend on changing mine, so not sure how effective that’s going to be in the long run. But have to try. Really looking forward to being able to sit and play with you all, but not happening for another few weeks at least. Won’t have computer access at all for the next few days as we are going boating (if the weather holds) I have a Christmas cake in the oven, so just popped in to send hugs to all and especially CG. By now her Op is over. Just take it easy CG. my best to you.

Am missing such a lot. But I’ll be back! Cheers! gyps

Up – soooo glad you’re going to make the WTF reunion!! Woohoo!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ You will have a wonderful time and I know we can rely on you to help with posting photos so the rest of us won’t feel left out. Xxxx
    Gyps – such a busy time for you but hope you manage to enjoy yourself as well…..somehow I think you will!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚

Hi ti you Fit and Melina, morning to all the Aussies?????
    Beautiful day here, sun is shinning and a nice breeze blowing. What more could you want.

Welcome SJMCG …great forum. We need a shortened version of your name though as we already have a SJ which is SueJen.good luck with 5.2. Most of us keep track of our calories on an app called My Fitness Pal. Our honourable leader CG is today recovering from an op so hence all the good wishes to her.

CG hope all is well for you and that you are recovering well after your Op. Sending hugs((?)) Remember not to overdo things my friend.

SJ. Congratulations on finishing the grandies sewing. Make sure you take pics of them To post so we can see the completed outfits. You must be so pleased with yourself??Well done???And thanks for the instructions for uploading photos. I will print out and try it sometime. ??

Fit. Are you feeling better? How did your FD go..hopefully it went well…you will get back on track when you can..enjoy your daughters award day at College you really deserve all of those special days.

Ps thanks for the comments ..hopefully the downward trend will recommence in earnest as I intend to enjoy Christmas and all the celebrations??? around my daughters return to the Eastern side of Australia and the fact that she will be just 20 minutes away from me after not being close for the last 12 years or so, it will be like having my best friend home. I had a lovely long one on one Skype to my eldest son who,lives in Canada, yesterday. It was so special to actually have a good meaningful conversation with just him. Usual we are skyping with him and the grandson and you can guess who gets all the attention. I really miss him…☹️☹️I’m sure others of you who have children living overseas can relate to that feeling.

Noots. Hope your hand is a bit better and you are enjoying the forced rest. Hang in there. OH seems to be looking after you well..??

Have a nice day planned. Off to the pool at 10am and then to the local surf club for a Christmas lunch with OH’s Tennis Group. Have to be careful about choices but I’m sure I can find something suitable if I try. Will not eat until then..that should make it easier..Life is pretty good for all of us really..we are very lucky to be living in parts of the world that are not in conflict. Bye for now…

UP ..just read your post regarding the WTF reunion. Great news…??

Gyps. Also just saw your post. Have a nice time boating and your efforts to help the leprechaun are very special. Remember to look after our Gyps along the way ???

Good morning PH! You are a chirpy early bird! Our weather is still wild, wet and windy. I’m hoping it won’t affect our flight to the UK on Wednesday. How lovely to have your daughter back so close to you; it will be wonderful for you both. πŸ™‚ Yes, skype is a brilliant thing to have so that you can see your loved one as you speak – it does help ease the pain of separation. Enjoy the pool and the Christmas lunch. I have decided to ‘park’ my troubles until Christmas is over – a few family conferences are needed in order to make some tough decisions, so I think it’s best to let everyone enjoy the festivities first and then face up to what needs doing. My FD didn’t go so well but I probably ate less than a normal day so I’ll go with that for the moment. I’ll try again tomorrow if I feel up to it.
    CG – are you back with us yet? Hope you are on the road to recovery xxxx

Hi All getting in a bit eartroubles He. UT my first reaction was WTF……..Up’s coming to the reunion!! How great! So good that it fits in with with you both & OHs commitments. Yeah!!
    PH what a grand job you’re doing keeping the forum active. Your day sounds lovely… enjoy. We too love our skype calls &yes love to see the kids but love it too when the kids are in bed & we get to actually have conversations!
    Fit good idea to park your troubles till after Christmas wise move. Enjoy the family time now and serious chats later. Youre flying to the UK? Must have missed you mentioning that…for your daughter?

Wellntime is getting away and buses won’t wait. CG good morning to you. We’ve al been thinking of you and sending wishes for your recovery. {{{{{ }}}}} for now my dear. Hope to see yoir post later. If not you’re in our thoughts till then. Sj xxxx scuse any typos…on mobile.

SJ – proud mother going to prize-giving ceremony to watch my daughter receive a chancellor’s award at the university! πŸ™‚ Flying out Wed, back on Thurs so I’ll probably be MIA for a short while. Have a great day xx

Hi Purple and all

weather here much lit Fit’s – snow yesterday.

Full of cold but taking nana’s advice and feeding it – no one is our house got dressed yesterday – and I’m still in jimjams – lost two pair of earrings this morning so spent the day hunting for them – amazing what you find when looking for something else.

St Andrew’s Day today, so a bank holiday in Scotland – though the banks are open!! Postie came this morning, local post office closed and main one normal hours – mad! It’s a new holiday apparently, doesn’t seem to have taken off – don’t think folk are in the mood for a day off just before Christmas.

Hope you are keeping warm Fit and I hope everyone else is keeping cool.

Have a good week, I will join you for a fast later in the week – perhaps!

Sorry folks that should say …getting in a bit early today or similar! No don’t have ear troubles LOL sj

Hello everyone. Wellcome sjmcg. Maybe we should call you MCG. If you live in Victoria or are a sports fan you’ll know where I’m coming from.
    SJ your sewing sounds so cute. I used to do lots of sewing for my daughter when she was little , and not so little. Frills and rick rack braid were often a must.
    Has anyone heard how CG is? Maybe you have GG. Do let us know if you are able to.
    My FD yesterday was hard going as I got really hungry mid arvo. I realised too late that I’d not had any protein since brekkie. I stuck it out but was glad when it was bedtime. I’ll not so that again.
    I hav’nt seen J today or yesterday but I think that the poor pooch has gone to doggy heaven. She is going to be devastated. It’s coming up to the first anniversary of the death of our much loved Golden Retriever , Sabie and I still miss him. I’ve still not been able to throw out his food containers or the doggy dishes he used to eat from.
    It’s wild and wooly here today but surprisingly warm. According to the weather forecast we are in for a cold snap.
    Up I was thinking of your wild turkeys EARLY this morning. We have trees and large shrubs all over our garden and have lots of birds. I loved them but do they have to start chirping at 4.15 am? That is actually when it starts to get light. I guess if I don’t like the wildlife I should move back to suburbia. Been there and done that. I guess I’m going to have to learn to live with them.
    Enjoy the day. ????

Milena – sorry to hear that you’re not feeling well. Wrap up warm and stay out of that awful weather – I just love a day in jimjams or onesie….can’t beat it xx
    Doggy – hope you’re right that your neighbour’s dog is no longer suffering. I can totally understand you not wanting to part with Sabie’s things – it’s a huge loss to lose a much-loved pet. Cherish your memories of happier times with your four-legged friend ((( )))

Hi team, first post back and I lost it..Buggar!!! Thank you all for the kind thoughts and messages. The op went very well according to the surgeon this morning as did the anaesthetic, which is usually my concern. I’m pretty much pain free other than gas related pain in my shoulder, paracetamol is holding that at bay and I have four days of Oxycodone, so I’m fine. Bit black and blue on the four wound marks on the tummy but nothing of concern ? Awful sleepless night due to a very rude inconsiderate 83 y.o. Male opposite me, groaning all night and those big restless sighs. Each time the nurse asked him about his pain, “me have no pain, me good” just attention seeking, then had hiccups for three hours, he was propped up, mouth gaping open, can you imagine the sound…grrrrrr, this morning, bright and cheery, I could have thrown my pillow at him as could the other lady with us. 4 bed ward, one nursing station, her light on all night….monitors beeping all night in rhythm…..oh home for a rest! I’m sure I have had my share now, three op’s in 12 months! Last November coronary ablation, June back op, now this, no more turns for me now, don’t want to be greedy ?
    I’m over tired, tried a few times in bed but the realisation of what I went through yesterday and just pleased to be home I think, so might just lie on the couch soon. Glenn’s having a well earnt nap, two very early mornings, two very long drives there and back plus the worry. Leah and the kids sent me some beautiful flowers to the hospital, no matter how big my garden is, there is nothing like getting flowers with a loving card ☺️
    Boy’s very elated to see me but don’t understand me pushing them away from my tummy when they jump up for their cuddles. GG, thank you for the call yesterday, I did appreciate it, even though I was still groggy, I knew it was you ?
    Stay safe team, enjoy your day, oh and welcome to our newbie, you’ll love being part of our team and this way of life/eating, it’s very rewarding……if I don’t get back today, I’ll chat tomorrow morning ☺️ xxxxxxxx

Hi CG

I do wish you a speedy recovery, but lots of rest, the wounds are quite pathetic as wounds go, but I think they must do a fair bit of pushing and pulling, I felt fine when I got home, but boy was it hard to get up the next day! Probably seems a holiday after your other ops, but go carefully! Three months after mine and I am still not 100%, can’t put my finger on why – never been one for R & R, I’m usually none stop through life, but not at the moment – though folks I saw last weekend said I looked like I was at Death’s door at the previous fair in September!

Time to sit back and smell the roses – and any other flowers in the bouquet – I do love flowers!

take care!

Thanks Milena, golly I thought this would be the easiest! I see the surgeon in two weeks so see how I am then. I was thinking of starting back my aerobics and exercises then, with his okay, but might leave it till after Xmas….? xxxxx

Hi all, welcome back CG and welcome MCG. I’m sure you’ll enjoy reading all these posts as much as I do. My right hand fingers are now back to normal size thank goodness. Got myself off Codapane Forte today as pain has eased. Very warm and humid here in Port Stephens NSW. Was 38 c, 100 f on our patio at lunchtime. Fans on, reading and resting. My FD has gone well, lots of water,tiny lunch, looking forward to a small dinner soon.

Viewing 50 posts - 9,451 through 9,500 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.