Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 9,401 through 9,450 (of 14,786 total)

• Thanks, CG and Fit.

I weighed in at 64.2 this morning so still up from my best weight by half a kilo ……I need to see that 3 again!

However, that is better than I thought so that is OK.

It will be warm again here today, 33. Technically not too hot but so humid as to be vile!

CG, you are like my sister. She never takes drugs either and it is better than too many, but all things in moderation, I say. At this stage of life I don’t think you will ruin your kidneys or whatever!
    Also, it is good to get this op over. I think I mentioned my husband had to cancel a trip to Spain despite feeling fine. The doc said words to the effect that they don’t carry morphine on planes and does he know spanish for morphine? CG, just knock it over and then you don’t have to think about it again.

My husband and daughter have been regular blood donors for years. Somehow my daughter recently found out that replacing that lost blood burns 600 calories.
    Any blood donors out there?

Good luck with fasting all who are. As Nike say, just do it!

Wow gyps that’s great..housework freeking useful for something..well team after my fast day yesterday weighed myself and still at 100.1.. That bleeding 99 wil not show its face for love nor money. Of well there’s always next week. Must be the increased muscle from all the increased exercise.

Enjoyed bridge this morning. Think I’m finally getting the hang of some of it..♠️♥️♦️♣️ Then had a nice long hour being pampered by my gorgeous hairdresser. He’s such a lovely man. We worked out I have been going to him for about 30 years, ever since he came out of his apprenticeship. Have been there through his teenage years, marriage, children and now his oldest is off to uni next year. Fantastic cutter of straight hair. he makes sure my appointment follows his morning tea and I have coffee with him and his wife..lovely..☕️☕️

Off to my afternoon pool class at 3pm so just having a little rest before I go.
    Keep up the good work fasting gals..you can do this……???

Hi all. Op went well. Thanks for thoughts and prayers. Slow typing with left hand. Resting in air conditioning as 39 c outside. Cool change due tonight.

Noots how wonderful, I’m glad it’s behind you now and you can look forward to OH pampering you. Don’t be too capable in front of him, milk the sympathy for as long as you can ?
    PH at least you are following a healthy eating plan now and as your body adjusts the scales will move ? sure you have to watch your PpC on normal days, but we all have to remember to LIVE!
    Up, I have no problems with anyone talking an analgesic, I just don’t think to, I tend to have a Nanny nap as a remedy, but usually a paracetamol will fix the problem. Up don’t forget to live, I realise our goals do rule our thoughts, but you are conscious of portion control and healthy eating, better than before 5:2 so don’t be hard on yourself ?
    I have one of our local girls help me in the garden once a fortnight, it helps me with the heavy work plus gives her money in the pocket. Also having an extra pair of hands is a blessing and the added company is appreciated. She is lovely and we get on so well. It poured rain AND hale (ridiculous after yesterday) so rather than have her go without some money, she helped me revamp my kitchen cupboards. Chris put everything high and within reach when I had the back surgery, but it was time everything went back to where it belongs. Oh the feeling of tidy cupboards ? now all I have to do is remember where it all is! I tossed a lot, my Mum was a beautiful sponge and cake cook so I had all her cook wear, never use it anymore, so it’s on it’s way to our local market as well as a lot of crockery, cups and saucers, too good to pitch out. This lass has her own stall so it’s a bit extra for her. She also “moves” a lot of my size 18 skirts ☺️
    I hope your day is going well team and if fasting, it’s not too difficult for you. Weigh in tomorrow so you will be glad you have done it……solider on YOU CAN DO IT, we are stronger than we think team so hay! BRING IT ON …. ? xxxxxxxxx

Hi there Noots glad the op went well for you. You’ll need a cool change with a plaster on! Rest up and recover.
    PH your 99 is like my 69 or 68. It’s amazing how elusive that next big jump can be!! Fancy going to the same hairdresser for 30 years! He sounds like a lovely guy. Ed my hairdresser is now living above the salon with his family so his youngest keeps on popping in to visit….and seeing ladies looking very strange to her I guess!!
    UT do you think you’ll be making it to the reunion yet?

Well can’t reply to any more posts as can’t turn the page back! My FD has had to change to tomorrow…unexpected cafe lunch. CG guess you’re busy getting ready for hospital. Should be an old hand at it this time. Have a good day all those fasting. Sj xx

Hi Noots. So good your op went well. Hope you have air conditioning in this heat with your plaster. It is a shocker here today. The hydro pool felt cool today compared to the heat outside..

Yes SJ I my hairdresser was in Grafton and used to work in a salon there. ✂️✂️Moved to Coffs just before I did and worked in a posh salon for a while , and now has a salon under his house and working for himself. How lucky can you get. So popular that he had to close his books a week after he opened up on his own.

CG what a treasure you have with your local girl. It is such a good feeling to reduce clutter and for it to be of benefit to someone is an added bonus. Good luck with the rest of the fast day. ???

SJ, that is a good question, I must ask my husband if he has dates yet! I certainly hope so!

Hi All!
    UP – well done on your weigh-in; not much gained at all. I’ll be on your tail, chasing that elusive 63 or even 62 if at all possible!! Really hope you can make the reunion since you are one of the old hands now!! 🙂 I’m a regular blood donor, so that was interesting to read about the calories needed to replace the blood – must see what happens the next time I donate!
    PH – I’m full of admiration for you learning to play bridge; I tried years ago and just found my brain melting!! I have been with the same hairdresser for 35 years; since before I got married! He’s a great laugh and always has a funny story to tell. He is also really kind and caring to my sister with dementia; which means alot to me. You will crack that 99 soon I know because you are making healthy choices and you are full of determination and grit….hang on in there, it will happen! Xxx
    Noots – how wonderful to have your op over and that you are already able to post! Look after yourself and take things easy and slowly 🙂
    CG – what a great way to have help with the heavy chores and give someone else a much-needed leg-up in life. Also a great way to get some clearing out done and it always gives a big boost to do some de-cluttering. Well done!! 🙂
    SJ – enjoy your cafe lunch; unexpected invitations are the best!! 🙂
    I did a semi-fast yesterday as I was feeling very cold so felt in need of the fuel to keep warm. I’m off to a french film and then a meal afterwards with the others from my french class….should be a lovely evening. I had porridge for breakfast and hope not to eat again until the meal out in an effort to limit the damage. Best of luck to all fasting and for the weigh-ins on Friday 🙂 🙂

Hi Fit, you have a lovely day planned with dinner out too, so enjoy ? fast day just about over here, just having a coffee then into bed. It’s hard to believe how cold it has turned here. I bet Doggy is getting it in Tassie too.
    Yes the lass that comes doesn’t work so what she gets with me is well appreciated, even though she says it’s too much, but I really appreciate her help, and she goes along with out me having to be watching all the time, so I really trust her. We did enjoy today, we always fit in a cuppa or two and a lovely chat no matter what we are doing, so it’s a two way street. ? Now don’t be hard on yourself, you enjoy your time out with your friends ? nighty nite from Oz xxxxxxxxx

Morning all. Had a dreadful nights sleep. No idea why but it happens now and again. So very tired..decided to skip the pool this morning and have a lazy day at home. It’s time for some relaxation. Have a nice day all. Good luck with your weigh in..??

Good morning team, evening Fit
    Fit I do hope you had a lovely time out with your friends and had a lovely guilt free meal ?
    Noots, I would think your thunb could be quite tender today, take care and stick with whatever pain killers were suggested, it will pass in time.

PH, it’s awful when we have those nights, we tick all the boxes and still can’t sleep. A day off everything sounds perfect. In fact my day will be in front of the cricket later, so if you are into cricket, perfect bum sitting viewing ?
    Doggy, hope all is well with you, no doubt your getting this cold snap too, doesn’t help the ol’ joints does it?

I haven’t weighed in yet, slept in and having my coffee so will check in later. Up, I hope your fast gave you the results your chasing, and GG, where are you?
    Gyps please stay in touch, I miss your sparkling input…
    Till later team….xxxxxxx

Mornin’ CG and PH – I had a lovely time this evening despite the fact that the film was more weird than wonderful. However, the meal was lovely and the chat and craic were great. I ate all round me and had several glasses of wine too!! 🙂 Poor you, PH – it’s so annoying to have a bad night’s sleep. But all you can do is exactly what you have planned….have a lazy day and put your feet up, it’s what your body needs so don’t feel guilty; just go with the flow!! CG – best of luck with the weigh-in. Enjoy the cricket and have a lovely day. I’m glad my official weigh-in won’t be until next Wed!!!! 😉

My post has vanished in thin air
    I know not how, I know not where
    Now I need to start again
    This is just a downright pain
    Surely there’s a geek in sight
    Who’ll aid us in this 5:2 plight

Is there a gremlin that here lurks?
    And gets itself some cyber perks
    I wish he’d take his nasty spell
    And head of straight right down to hell.
    It can’t always be a computer error
    Oh do get rid of this dilemma.

Bravo, Doggy! Another talented poet in out midst…well said!! 🙂

The above is in response to yet another disappearing act after a post written yesterday. CG yes the cold snap has got to us too. After his short back and sides trim I had to put Peppers doggy coat on him for our morning walk. Poor little mut looked quite ridiculous as its too big for him. ( yes hubby bought it ) I’m going to have to cut it down to size and see if my sewing machine can cope with that thick fabric.
    My weigh and stats day is once again all the same. Still 70 kilos and measurements hardly budged. I did miss a FD last week though so it’s not really rocket science. I’m going to try and not pig out over the next few days and will knuckle down to some serious fast days next week. Christams looms ever closer and I’ve not prepared one little thing. I need to take care of that quick smart too.
    Enjoy the day team whatever you may be up to. We’ve the neighbours coming round for dinner tonight and I’m cooking Thai chicken curry. Also ice cream and chocolate sauce! Not really diet food is it?
    XX Doggy

Hi team, that sound so yummy Doggy, enjoy it with no guilt. Loved the poem, hope the powers that be take note!

Well, I think my plateau has started moving again. With just my fasts and normal eating in between, as in the beginning, this morning I am down 27k to 73.1K yoohooo
    I haven’t had the tape measure out yet but will later.
    It has been such a long saga, this damn plateau, wether it’s my body and the surgery, the healing of muscles and the big maybe, the Lyrica I’m still on which is renown for weight gain, all the above excuses, but it’s happened….my personal best. I’m not silly enough to think that will carry through to Mondays fast because of normal week end eating, but just hope the Zig is getting as small as the Zag!
    Happy day team, think positive, we are all different, we cannot gauge our losses by others, our health and well being is priority and the bottom line; your body is in charge, we feed it with healthy substances, fill it to satiation point and hope for the best ? xxxxxxxx

Hi all. Yesterday’s book club was at a cafe and I was good but have to tell you about the meals. Mine was some kind of big spiced pumpkin wedge with a couscous side that was full of currants, apricots and almonds I think. With a bit of labne on the side and a few other small bits and pieces such as roasted onion. I am not familiar with labne and it tasted like sour cream to me.

Everyone else had a green papaya and coconut salad with chicken and a few asian type things added. They all thought it was good. I am going to try and recreate mine, it was just so good, and very healthy.

Not much other news, hope the weigh ins are good. Great poem, Doggie!

CG, our posts crossed. Great news!

The other thing I am doing today is waging war on the possums. I try to live with nature but this time they have gone too far!!!

Morning all. First of all CG congrats on your loss AND moving that *$#@ plateau!! Woohoo for you girl and your aussie determination. Secondly when is your op…I thought it was today but must be another Friday?
    UT that sounds like just the meal I would pick. I’m a sucker for pumpkin. If you end up with a kinda recipe let me know. I’d love to try it too. Never had labne either..is it firm like fetta or soft like sour cream?
    Oh Doggie you’ll be sewing too. I have so much in my wardrobe to alter but I don’t feel inspired to do it plus still busy sewing GD’s. Luv the poem but VERY frustrating isn’t it ! Only happened once or twice to me.
    Fit so glad you had a memorable night. Would loce to sttend a french class but have to make do with my CDset where we live.
    PH hope you get in a few nana naps today.
    Noots hope you’re still doing good.
    And Gyps hope you’re NIT behaving yourself with the Gawdmuther.
    FD today for me and weighin tomorrow. Sj xxxx

Hi team, gee it’s quiet here today, where is everyone? SJ, I have my op Monday actually the hospital just phoned to say be there at 7:00am which means leaving home at 5:45am which is great, no waiting around for arvo surgery ?
    I hope you are all having a wonderful day…..post fast ? xxxxxxx

Hi all,
    Doggy. What a super poem..says it exactly. Love it. Hang in there your plateau will finish some time and when it does you will be pleased you kept up everything. Better then putting weight on!!
    CG. Congratulations. ??? What a Gal. That loss is incredible and you have smashed that plateau. After you have your op you will be even lighter..??. Great you have a morning slot. Hope you are enjoying the cricket.
    Noots. Hope you are feeling better today having had a night in your own bed and hopefully being pampered. ??
    UP .sounds like a great couscous salad and spicy pumpkin. I’m with SJ if you work out the recipe you should post it on the thread. I too have not had lambe , I just looked up how to make it and it seems you add a little bit of salt to Greek yoghurt then put it in a sieve and leave in the fridge overnight to drain. It drains off the liquid and leaves a soft creamy consistency. Lots of ways actually on the web. I’m with you on the possums when they wear out their welcome…relocation is a really great thing but you need to travel a fair way or they will come back..

Fit your French celebration sounded great. A weird film every now and again makes you appreciate the really good ones. ?? no guilt about enjoying yourself..that’s what we do??

Had. Full day that I did not get in the car and go anywhere!!. Fantastic…a couple of nana rests. Did not nap but caught up on some reading. Then this afternoon the retiring treasurer from the hall committee brought the books around to me and did a handover. ?? So everything’s now under control, made a few changes to suit the way I do things and have got things ready to go for the next meeting. Feeling good. OH finished the old recycled 100 year old feature fence and it looks great. House tidy, washing up to date, rested, ready for the weekend. We are having friends over for a Christmas get together on
    Sunday. So must find some good recipes for treats to make tomorrow and do double batches and freeze some for Christmas.

Have a great night all. It is Friday so a couple of wines are in order. ??

Late post today. Have been having interviews for jobs all of today.I have found that since Dad’s passing I need to fill in my time doing useful rewarding work. I was successful in my application for a position which will be providing respite for relatives caring for their loved ones that are undergoing palliation of their conditions. I am very happy as 1 day per fortnight was becoming unsustainable.It also entails other duties which will be a change in direction from certain aspects ,however will still be rewarding and satisfying. I start on the 7th December.
    Weigh in this morning was 73kgs a loss 2.5kgs in 3 weeks ….so happy with that.
    NOOTS- glad that your op is over. keep up your pain relief mainly at night, so you can have some quality sleep.Elevate your arm to prevent any undue swelling and throbbing pain during the day by wearing the sling that was provide.
    Have a relaxing weekend. Will be in Sydney for the next 5 days visiting with my Mum. Will be away from the thread until next Thursday .
    CG will be in contact . Love and thinking of you all alwys YOURS……GO GAL xxxxxx

Oh GG, I’m so pleased you found something else work wise. I could hear the concern when listening between the lines in our conversation ? and you are too good to waste! Whoever you go to will be blessed with their new carer. ? and it will be a whole new lease on life for you, another challenge, a new interest, congratulations…..I can stop worrying about you now ☺️ oh and the break in your plateau yahooo, see, pointless worry on your part ? it does happen when the body thinks it’s time ?
    PH, I don’t think I can ever say I’m up to date, there is always something pressing that needs doing but weather or not I do is another thing. The can’t be botherd’s take over! ? and I must admit I’m forever cleaning up after myself or the boy’s, but hay, this is our home not a display for a magazine ?
    Have a guilt free evening team, you deserve it ? xxxxxx

Woohoo GG who ever heard of such a loss at your stage of 5:2….2.5kgs in 2 weeks!!! That is just amazing! Don’t know how you did it. Great that you’ve found more suitable work & sounds to me (from the little I know of you) that it’s right up your alley. And enjoy your time with your Mum GG it’s precious.
    PH sounds like you had a satisfying day despite your bad night. Good to hear. And sounds like you’re a very organised lady getting double batches done with extra ready for Christmas. I haven’t done anything yet…well apart from my sewing. Cooking……0!
    And can’t have any wines as I’m fasting today…bit hard hearing you all talking about deserving a drink etc for the weekend but I’m having an easy day FD today so that’s a bonus. And the wine will still be there tomorrow!

About to have an early dinner at 5pm as I’m heading out to our last choir practice before we sing on Sunday (the first time our very new little choir will have performed…total novices that have come a looong way!) and then we’re going to see The Dressmaker at the local movie theatre…looks really good so hope we both enjoy. It will be a real novelty to sit together as the last 2 or 3 I’ve watched OH has been doing the projecting so I have to sit on my own! So had to have dinner now or I just won’t last till after the movie & that could spell disaster with a kiosk at the theatre! suejen XXXX
    CG & GG after you moving your plateaus maybe we’ll all start moving do you reckon?????!

Hi All!
    What a brilliant pair you are, CG and GG!!! So thrilled for you both to see such great losses and it gives the rest of us hope and renewed determination to stick at it. 🙂 🙂
    Doggy – I’ll be knuckling down next week too, especially after all the indulgence yesterday. BRING IT ON!!
    UP – sounds like you had a lovely day out and a fab, tasty lunch…that’s the way to do it sensibly!!
    SJ – enjoy the singing and the movie…you’re a gal after my own heart….and enjoy the wine after your FD! Xxxx
    PH – so glad you’re feeling better and I’m very impressed with how ready you are for Christmas!! Woohoo!
    GG – it sounds like you have found the perfect job and I know you will be a wonderful carer after all you went through with your dad. I also know what a difference a great carer makes to the family of a loved one, so well done you for doing this for people who will need it xxxx
    CG – have a terrific weekend and hope all goes as well as possible on Monday. 🙂 🙂 ((())))

SJ, I will be interested to see what you think of the Dressmaker. I was disappointed but two of my friends loved it.
    I didn’t realise that it was going to be part comedy and I didn’t find it funny at all. JuDy Davis was brilliant though.
    WD, GG!

Loved The Dressmaker. Must be my sick Aussie sense of humour. It was a film with a difference and so not to everyone’s taste. Judy Davis was excellent UP..

Thanks for the complement about Being organised. Have not done it yet though so hold the accolades.
    Just got an invitation to lunch tomorrow from my Daughters friends that visited last Friday so may not happen…then another invitation to lunch on Sunday ..and have been at the neighbours house for drinkies tonight. Boy will I have to be good next week.

GG. Such a great weight loss.. Brilliant !! You no CG are certainly leading by example. ????
    And congratulations on new job. I’m sure it will be great for both you and your clients. ??

PH it’s great to see such an active social life, so many people are sad and lonely so enjoy every minute of it. House work will always wait and cooking for Xmas can be done in the evenings ?
    I haven’t yet seen the Dressmaker, but everyone is talking about it, so might take myself to see it….whilst convalescing. ?
    Yes I’m happy with my plateau moving, probably back up now with normal eating, but that’s 5:2 isn’t it? I spoke to GG before and offered congratulations and yes, she is thrilled too getting back down. As we have all found, it is hit and miss, we can’t be on a constant diet, that’s not we signed up for, but with the fasts being adhered to, it works ?
    Have a lovely evening team, and Fit have a great day xxxxx

Ahhhhh! poop! just lost another post!. Think I’m going to write it elsewhere and copy and paste! Just too tired to ATM. So just explained I had 2 days of town stuff and fell asleep in my chair. So just checking in. briefly. need Z’s.

Good you’ve busted the plateau CG, stay positive for you OP. will be thinking of you.

Glad yours is done Noots, take it steady, your thumb is a pretty important digit. Pamper it.

I see you Fit, Dawg, Up . GG, great about the new job!

PH, You will get thre, mate, just plug on, but let yourself enjoy Xmas. there’s always tomorrow. Toning up is half the battle and your water exercises are helping. Keep going!

Really have to go to bed now, will try again tomorrow, cheers! gyps

Oh gyps. So frustrating, you sound like you have had a busy time of it. Hope you had a good nights sleep so you can get up and start the day with a spring in your step. That goes for everyone???

I completely agree CG , slow and steady with a full life is the way to go..I am certainly in it for the long haul. I find I do not have great expectations of losing weight quickly, as long as I consolidate where I am and continue the downward trend I am over the moon. Having this forum is just great because you don’t get disappointed and give up.

I have just remembered that when I started I got into the habit of not eating till late each day..say around 11am and I have gone back to the old way of having breakfast..so will try not to eat until later and see if that breaks the 100 for me that way I can still enjoy the silly season to the fullest. ???? Worth a try..
    Have a great day everyone and Fit have a great nights sleep. Think I’ll get up and make some choc balls befor I go to lunch and surprise daughters friends with some..

Hoping to go and see The Dressmaker next week, so will be interesting to compare notes.
    PH – enjoy all the invites; life is for living and we know how to work around our FDs 🙂
    Oh, Gyps – not again! It’s not fair losing another post and we lose out on all the enjoyment of reading your wonderful words xx. Hope you had a great rest 🙂
    Had a bit of a bad day. An old friend lost her bravely fought battle with cancer; I had lost touch with her in recent years but she was a beautiful person with so much life and so much to give others. Then my sister and I took our other sister (who has dementia) out for lunch and it was just so depressing to spend time with her – she has no interest in anything and doesn’t really know how to behave in public any more. It’s getting so hard to manage her care and see to everything that needs doing. Sorry for being on a downer, folks. Then of course, I came home and ate everything in sight 🙁 Oh dear, this has turned into a right self-pity fest – with a bit of luck this post will disappear too!

Good morning team, evening Fit, Fit please don’t be hard on yourself for being human, you carry the banner for your sister so often, reality has to show every so often. Even if it’s time to think of putting her into care, you can rest assured you and your other sister have done everything one could expect from you. It’s not always an easy decision, but you know she is safe, clean well fed and very well cared for. Dementia can seem to gallop as they deteriate so really think hard and start looking around or ask your doctor for suggestions. I think it also helps them keep their dignity and people remember her as she was, not how she is and acting now. Sleep well dear girl, you have done all you can. ?
    Gyps, it’s so frustrating when we lose our posts, please contact the powers above, if they are put in the picture, they can hopefully fix it. I hope you get the rest you need, be kind to yourself.
    PH happy cooking and celebrating, the silly season engulfs us, even with cheap treats everywhere, some tooooo hard to resist! Oh the chocolate on offer at the moment mmmm. ?
    Have a lovely day team, remember, there is no elevator to success, we have to take the stairs, be positive in all aspects of what you do and know at days end you tried your best ? ….xxxxxxxx

Thank you, CG, I really appreciate your kind words xxxx

Oh Fit. So sorry to hear about your friend. Real frends don’t require keeping regularly in touch. You just pick up where you left off..sadly that won’t happen in this case. And you and your sister do such a good job looking after your sister with dementia. It must be so depressing some times.?? It is so hard, I understand what you are going through as when mum had to eventually go to a nursing home she was in the dementia ward with three others for quite some time before they had a place for her. We would talk to the dementia patients all the time and I would take them the same treats I would take mum up and the staff would come in and we would pretend it was a party. So difficult for mum though who was still as sharp as a razor. Hope you get a good nights sleep and wake up with your usual bright outlook on life. ???

Well I did it folks. Before I start must tell you that I am not much of a cook but enjoy making special things and just throwing things together. Sometimes works, sometimes not..?? Found a recipe that called for figs a d cashews in the health store flyer..Did not have the cashews or figs but did have macadamia nuts and dates..so started the process. Added the coconut oil, almond meal, cocoa powder macadamia and dates and some xylitol to sweeten. Mixed it up in the food processor and thought…this is too runny?? Reread the recipe..instead of 20 grams coconut oil I had added 200…big bummer. So looked in the cupboard to see what I could add to thicken. Added the rest of the almond meal, macadamia nuts, more cocoa powder and more xylitol in proportion to first lot…still to runny. So then added more macadamia nuts, some left over nut mix and about 200 grams Goji berrys. Bingo!! Beautiful consistency and tasted out of this world… Unfortunately will never be able to make it the same again. However now have 4 dozen healthy chocolate and nut balls. suitable for the family with cancer for Christmas, gifts for neighbours, and some to take today. Laughing!!!????. Now you know why I don’t cook much. Sometimes works..sometimes not!!!!! Have a great day…

Sounds a yummy concoction PH, but I’d add a warning sign with them, stay close to the loo, and definately don’t consider taking a laxitive for weeks! ? xxxxxx

Hello team. GG I’m so pleased for you that you’ve found some rewarding work to do. Some folks do a nine to five job for year but others need more of a challenge. Nursing is hard work and sometimes I did not want to go to work but I was NEVER bored.
    Well done you. CG it’s great that you’ve finally broken the plateau. It is a frustrating time as I’m finding. Yesterday I was reading through some other 5:2 posts and came across some names that used to be part of our team. Not that it bothers me at all. I’ve now been here for almost 11 months. The names of our most regular are – CG, GG, Gypsy, Fit, Up, Sujen, Lotus ( MIA ) and me. PH you are out most regular newbie plus Noots & Milena. Hopefully and haven’t missed anyone out. Im sure we all stick to this posting as a additional 5:2 aid. It’s also so helpful to be able to discuss our various bits and bobs with others.
    OK must be off as I have a large load of washing to go and hang on the line.
    Before I forget , I managed my firat really long walk with hubby and Pepper this morning after my numerous aches and pains. I’m feeling a bit tired but other wise fine. Hallelujah!
    XX Doggy

Oops lost my post. Hard to type with left hand only. Thanks for all good wishes. Will feel better soon.

Hi all, typing left handed very slow. Frustrated as can’t do much. Bored. Eating too much. This too will pass.

Morning! Dawg well done on your first big walk. You must be feeling so thrilled about that!!
    Oh PH you’re the exact opposite sort of cook to me. I can’t throw things together for love or money. I always (well almost) follow a recipe & just aren’t creative myself with cooking. Luv trying new recipes though. I use taste.com.au quite a bit and I read the reviews for a recipe before I decide. But often they substitute a for b and b for c and then d for e etc etc…and then say Yeah it’s a really great recipe! But to me they cooked a different recipe. Mind you I’d love to be able to do that though.
    CG love your comment about there not being an elevator to success..we have to take the stairs! So true in our case!!
    Fit dear you have had a hard time. No wonder you ate everything bar the chair legs. It does sound like it’s getting a bit difficult for you to manage your sister, even though there are 2 of you it’s still a huge load. Are there options for you?
    PH let us know how you get on with your not eating till around 11am. Did you have breakfast then or just a snack & was this for every day?

Mm everyone talking about The Dressmaker. Well Up I loved it. It’s a bit quirky but I like quirky films. Some fabulous characters in it. Our little movie theatre can have just 10 or 15 people sometimes. But…..last night there must have been 240!! The volunteers just had to keep adding chairs at the front of the theatre. And then they opened up the balcony which practically never gets used for a few more! Lots of laughs. Judy Davis…….fabulous! And some glorious scenes to remember. In fact I’d actually like to see it again. Was it a book first does anyone know? I’m volunteering at the kiosk this afternoon for a dance recital. Theatre quite busy this time of year.
    My weigh-in was 69.5 so same….same. Well off to another busy day. Sewing this morning, kiosk, then some cakes to make to celebrate our first choir performance on Sunday (surprise for them all). Mmm think that’s it & already did an hour’s gardening as up early before 6. Have a great weekend all & enjoy your day. suejen XXXX

Hi team, yes I’ve noticed that for a long time Doggy but tend to show my interest and replies in the loyalists ? even though we are all the same bank, just different branches!
    SJ I can’t follow a recipe for the life of me, I try but end up altering something, or think xyz would be nice in this, but I do use recipes for ideas then extend them ☺️ so never really sure what the original was like in the first place. Of course the big problem is trying to replicate what I made because each time it is slightly different ?
    Noots, it’s good that you are trying, don’t hurt anything, and yes the bored eating would become a problem. It shouldn’t last for long, once the pain is gone and you are more active things will return to normal. Our thumb is so important so look after yourself ?
    Okay on with the chores for me, putting a bit of shopping away and lunch first, then watching the cricket ☺️ enjoy your day team…xxxxxx

I’ve go to add my bit re recipes. I’ve never been one who enjoyed cooking. Just did it because I had to. Since I retired this has slowly changed. I’m starting to enjoy it and after reading a recipe I also add my own twist to it. This is in the tiem frame that I started to gain weight. Too much of a coincidence me thinks. Suejen I also use Tast .com a lot.
    I’ve not seen the movie The Dressmaker but seen it is out as an audiobook plus it’s on Netflix. To be honest I cannot remember when last I went to a movie theatre. It must be years and years.
    Hubby is watching the golf on TV so there is a bit of distraction going on.
    Bye for now.
    Dawg ☀️????

Doggy I hope you have a second TV so you can watch the cricket? It’s pretty slow, as most tests, the night time seems to give it atmosphere….bring on the one day’ers and 20/20 a bit more excitement, as you can see I’m not a purist! I tend to think being a good cook and weight gain go hand in hand. Plus feeding a family (when we were young) as best , tasty and cheaply as possible, oh the pasta, spuds, rice etc! ? xxx
    I just bought this post back with edit to add, what was cheap eating back then when we were in our struggle years is now the most expensive, lamb loin chops , even mince steak, and the good ol’ snag is starting to get up too have you noticed, etc, yet chicken which was a delicacy is now just so cheap as is bacon, how strange!xxxxxxx

Hi all.
    Doggy. Well done on the long walk. Just reading your post and remembered there is still a load of towels in the machine..oh well they won’t go anywhere. Will re-rinse them tomorrow and hang them out.
    Noots. So frustrating..left handed post and then to lose them.. Look after yourself..
    SJ. I too absolutely loved the Dressmaker. Can just imagine the scene at your local theatre. How exciting for you and OH and the local committee to have such a roll up. Did most people enjoy it. Loved the hash cookies consept. Could do with one of those myself some days…
    I’ll let you know how the late eating pans out. Started today so hopefully will know if it helps by next Friday. I usually just had my green drink or a banana at 11am and then have an early lunch. My you are a busy lady with all your volunteer work. That’s what small communities are all about though.
    CG .had not thought of the laxative powers of my choc balls. However you usually only have one of them at a time so shouldn’t be too bad. My fav Recipies site is called “Oh She Glows” it has Recipies for cooking healthy interesting things. As I don’t do much cooking and OH does all the dinner meals I don’t need many Recipies. He gets a magazine called Healthy Food and it has great new recipies each month with the calories already worked out so it is a fav for him. This month it’s focus was on Christmas so lots of interesting salads to try. There is a turkey roulade with quinoa, cranberry and pepita stuffing that looks great. Think I’ll try it for our Christmas picnic..cook it the day before. There is also a recipe for quinoa, smoked salmon and shredded vegetable sushi rolls that looks interesting ..107 cals for 3pieces..
    Another one is roasted circles of sweet potato topped with herb ricotta and capsicum salsa. All of these recipes, apart fro the Turkey, would suit.my nephew who is on a very strict eating plan trying to beat his cancer. So should be an interesting Christmas this year.
    Agree with you about the cheap cuts of meat. Ring more expensive now..another one was Lamb Shanks In The past. And look at what they are now….my turn to get dinner tonight so must go and make a couple of pizzas, using ready made pita bread bases of course. Good easy meal.. Bye for now.

Old

PH how lucky are you to have a OH who cooks for you, the only time my ex ever cooked was a BBQ, and even then, it was me doing the running in and out, making salads, getting plates etc, I was exhausted with “him” cooking!? and your right regarding the shanks, my butcher used to throw 3-4 in each week with my order, I gave one to my Samoyed, Elka once when my Dad was over and he almost had a pink fit, saying how beautiful the were braised. Now it’s almost a “special” meal ? yes, times do change that’s for sure….I only ever used shanks for soup…xxxxxx

Hi All,
    Still feeling very down today. Went to my friend’s funeral this morning – so sad. Weighed in at heaviest I’ve been since last February. My older daughter going through a crossroads in relationship with long-term boyfriend and I don’t think it’s going to end well. All in all, I’m finding it hard to see the bright side of life at the moment. I know I have alot to be thankful for and I am luckier than most but just not feeling it at the moment.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone. Best of luck to all who need it next week for whatever reason. I will post properly soon. Xxxxx

Hi all

I keep writing – quick posts, novellas and even a couple of serials – all going to the ether so just saying hi!

Fit, be kind to yourself please, you have put on weight because your heart is heavy – go easy and it will lighten again soon. Your miss your friend because she – or he? – made you happy – and very soon you will remember the happiness and your heart will lift! Life’s like that – and we appreciate life most when we realise we are mortal. Hugs!

Thanks Milena. Hope life good for you.

Oh Fit. My heart goes out to you at such a sad time. We have to grieve it is an important part of letting go. ?? And to have your Daughter going through such a hard time at the moment only adds to the sadness. You and your wonderful OH feel all of your daughters pain along with her, that’s what parents do. So I’m sure you will feel your wonderful positive self very soon once the initial sadness has passed. Just think about all of the weight you have previously lost and how it has put you in a good position for this little hiccup on your life’s journey on 5.2 knowing in your heart that once things are better those extra Kgs will will come off once again.
    Love and hugs to you{{{???}}}

Hi all, dear Fit my heart goes out to you. So glad we can support each other here. I am feeling low too. Fat sausages for fingers still on my right hand despite exercises and cold water soaks.heavy cast. But lighter one will be put on on Thursday. OH reminded me that it will all be worth it, eventually, to have a usable thumb with no pain. My prayers are for all who are suffering today, whether in body, mind or spirit.

CG yes I am blessed to have a husband who loves to cook. When we were first married it was much like you described with the BBQ. In his teenage years his Dad died and he became breadwinner for his mother, sister and grandmother and of course they spoiled him rotten. Once the children arrived he was only too happy to cook dinner once in a while and let me deal with the 5 o’clock madness and then we both realised that he liked cooking and was good at it.
    It’s raining here today. Lovely and cool so a great day to get some jobs done before going out to Lunch with friends. Or cuddle up in bed with a good book? Decisions, decisions, decisions..

Viewing 50 posts - 9,401 through 9,450 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.