Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,201 through 7,250 (of 14,786 total)

• Good work, CG!

SJ, have a great trip!

Haven’t eaten well the last 2 days. Back on track tomorrow I hope.

Hope I’m not too late to wish you have a great holiday Suejen. Think I’d get fitted for the clothes on arrival. That way if you get to indulge a bit they will fit you perfectly after you come home to the 5:2 again 🙂

Up, it probably won’t matter as you are on a roll since coming home.

Won’t mention my weigh in this morning. Under eaten all week but somehow…..
    bit of a UTI problem last few days maybe that has something to do with it.

Have a good weekend all you lovely ADers. Eldest granddaughter’s 17th on Sunday so that will blow me out of the water. All in a good cause.
    YYxx

Hi. I am new to the forum, and I fit the criteria as I am a determined Aussie !
    I lost weight using this method in 2013, and have resorted to it once again due to gaining some weight in the last 6 months or so.
    I was under work pressure, drinking more wine and being generally undisciplined. I justified this with the thought that I would just lose it again later. WRONG. I am no spring chicken anymore and even heroic efforts did not see one bloody gram of weight loss (horrifyingly, a small gain)
    So here I am back on the fast diet, 5 days in and half a kilo loss. I am thrilled.
    I know some of it is water loss, but what the heck I love seeing the number on the scale go in the right direction. So motivating !
    Fasting days are a huge adjustment of course, but I love the way this diet carries you through the week, more mindful of every calorie. Mind you, I say this while having a glass of wine.
    Back to the fast Sunday.
    Have a good weekend everyone.

Nicola, enjoy the wine and welcome. It’s the support here that keeps us all going. We ALL know how it works we all KNOW how to do it, but doing it alone just doesn’t seem to work. Our Aussie Determination offers laughs, support and encouragement especially on those “can’t be bothered ” days. Good luck with jumping back on the journey and if a whinge or two is what you need to get through we will listen and offer a shoulder when needed. Again welcome, having a whiskey and zero myself 🙂 Country Gal xxxxx

Hi all and welcome Nicola. Yes as CG has said, you will find us very supportive and share lots of issues here. Not all diet related but one can be as secretive or let it all out.
    My weigh day yesterday was OK. I’ve lost about 350 gms. My scales are not all that accurate but I’ll take it. I won’t be sticking to my TDEE this weekend as we have visitors arriving this arvo and we are sure to try and solve some of the worlds problems over the odd bottle of wine.
    Enjoy the weekend team and happy 5:2 ing.
    Suejen I guess I’m too late to wish you a happy holiday. Our daughter went to Vietnam earlier this year and they loved it. So if you haven’t left yet, happy travels and stay safe.
    XX Doggy
    PS Our visitors have a dog and this will be the first time Pepper has had another dog in the house. I’m a tad anxious as Willow is older and may not enjoy having an exuberant puppy jumping up at her.
    CG – pity about the cricket.

Mmmm Doggie, we are a bit hit and miss aren’t we, what’s happen to Clark, captains well but his play is off! Sad!
    Well, really winter this weekend, I’m afraid I’m doing what it takes to stay warm and cosy and if that means comfort food so be it! I know when spring arrives things will get better but health is the big issue so eating the right foods and keeping warm is our key. Don’t be hard on yourself if the scales go up a tad, 1-2 K’s is quite normal, it’s not a blow out so don’t panic. We will be fasting again Monday, well, most of us, so enjoy what ever the weekend brings. Live your life, 5:2 is only part, yes a main part, but just part of your life, not all of it 🙂 life is for living so enjoy 🙂 xxxxxxxx

Hi all

been lurking and keeping up with you all!

Willow went into a coma, so the visit to the vet wasn’t quite so awful as I thought it might be, she just sighed when the vet put in the needle – we were all wrecked, even the vet – he did her first check up the day she was born! Found myself chopping up chicken for her the other night, and I’ve tripped over her three times – though I’ve buried so many of my babies in the back garden I’m tripping over one of them most days.

Being a cup half full girl, just booked a house sitting job looking after kitties – and waiting to hear about a sitting job in a cattery with a dozen burmese, and maybe babies. Mad or what?

Its MIL’s birthday tomorrow so a wee gathering of the clan – myself, too busy. And I haven’t bought her a pressie – in our house I buy all the presents and all the cards. A small victory!

Lots of other problems in July, discovered I’m a stress eater – never knew, though I’m rarely stressed so there must be other reasons I managed to put on 5 stone – contentment, I feel. Just about halfway back again, somehow managed to loose 3 lbs last month, thanks mainly to CG, and her words of wisdom and encouragement.

Hope August is a great month, keep warm. The snow forecast here – I kid you not – didn’t arrive, though it rained – its always rains! Enjoying reading the recipes, lots of salads for me – we have to have salad here because its summer – if we waited for salad weather we would never eat it.

Keep strong and if things aren’t going well just remember all things must pass – and if you have hit rock bottom, move carefully – it might only be a ledge.

Milena x

Oh Melina, how heartbreaking for you, I had to have one of my “boys” put to sleep 15months ago and still grieve. He had a heart attach and I got him to the vet, but due to his age ….it was time. I have since got two pups though never to replace him, but they do give me a lot of joys. Confusing, but my original baby is now the eldest with the two youngest he has to contend with. Life does go on, memories are always with us, and NO, it’s not a ledge you land on, it’s a spring, “going up”
    Comfort eating or stress eating is with us all, as long as the choice we turn to is a carrot stick or celery (stuffed with cream cheese) , you can really bite it with venom and temper if you wish! 🙂
    I’m not really managing either, weather … pain all combined but I know with absolute conviction, it will turn around when the time is right. Mind set and health issues play a big part and if life just isn’t giving us an easy path, we deal with it best we can.
    Hang in there, do your best, you’ll be surprised how 5:2 is still your basic eating plan even if your not consciously doing it 🙂
    We are all here for you, think positive my friend, it will all work our as it is supposed to….CG xxxxxx

Sorry to hear that, Melina. I hope you get the job in the cattery. I love Burmese and have one. I have had 3 previously but lost them all to snakes. This one is city raised so now 8 and hopefully will live a long life.
    They are the dog lover’s cat as they are affectionate and want to follow you around. We had one that always used to come on walks around the paddocks with us. They are also more intelligent than most cats.

Milena, sounds like a peaceful end for Willow but you are the one left with all the angst. Our pets are lovely and even when gone, are never far from out thoughts. Hugs ((()))

CG thinking about you still struggling with pain and discomfort and yet you manage to give a comforting, even cheerful word. Way to go. Hugs for you too (( ))

YY xx

Hi all

thanks for the kind words, we have about a dozen burms and three oriental (solid colured siamese) buried in the back garden.

Odd it was the baby orientals that go to my OH, Willows mum fostered them as tiny babies, ugliest kits I’ve ever seen (burm kits are like teddy bears FIL was dying of cancer, we lost two babies but the third started to thrive. FIL died, and then the kit died. Only time I’ve ever seen my man cry was burying that baby.

Checking out house sitting jobs in Oz – told you I was a cup half full person.

Burms really are cats for dog lovers, I don’t think anyone has told them they are cats. I’ve had a couple of really intelligent ones, super friendly too!

Concerned about your pain CG, do you have a homeopathic pharmacy nearby – we have one in Edinburgh. Might be of use. And check out the Bach remedies, I’m using Sweet Chestnut and Willow at the moment – think the Willow is most appropriate to help get over losing my Willow – Gorse may be another option.

And cherry plum for all you emotional eaters!!!

Read something the other day – if you are hungry but a piece of fruit isn’t something you would want to eat, you’re not hungry, just bored!

Milena, I must have forgotten you were a Burmese person. Was Willow one? Do you have a colour preference? Our first was lilac but since then we have had chocolates.

I hope you have been in the one spot for a long time, otherwise your dozen burmese must have been unluckier than mine! That is a lot of cats!

I know someone who is leaving today for 2 years of house sitting overseas! They are doing various houses in Europe.
    I have used house sitters before, I think it is a great idea. The people I know found these jobs easily because they own their own home and were able to show how they have cared for it.

Happy fasting everyone. I am not at all organised today. We have run out of eggs.
    It will be 27 in Brisbane today but the rest of the week goes back down to 21. Yesterday was 26!

Good morning team, another fast day is apon us, they seem to come around quickly don’t they. Hot soups and drinks in this weather, steamed fish lots of veg all go into a healthy low cal menu for fasting 🙂 Don’t forget not to be too hard on yourself if you go over a bit, it won’t make that much difference and you are still a long way in front of a normal NFD 🙂 Weather does factor into what you feel like, esppecially toast or a big fat bread roll with your soup, but hay…..you can have that tomorrow. Add some baby spinach or slendier noodles to your cup a soups for added body….just a thought!
    Thank you all for your concern regarding my on gonig pain, it is just post op expectations I guess, I see my surgeon on Friday so hope to get a lot of answers and to think this op was on my spine, so many nerves moved and released from crushing, bones cut etc…….it’s natural it will take time to heel, it’s a small window in the scheme of things for me, I do get impatient when having a good day, but other days just go with what I’m able to do. My big problem since being home has been lack of sleep but that now too is getting better. If I get 5-6 straight hours, I’m happy and still need my nanny nap mid arvo, all part of the heeling process. I’m fortunate the weather is crappy and not all that inviting to be out in my garden so that’s a bonus. Most people would love to be ordered to lay on the couch and watch telly all day, funny when I can, I begrudge it! Human nature aye!
    Life gives us all lots of challenges, but no more than we are able to carry on our shoulders 🙂 we all have issues, some physical others mentle or emotional but we see it through, come out the other end a lot wiser and move forward.
    Happy day team…think positive, be glad your alive 🙂 xxxxxxx

Hi Up

my first was a red boy, and I collected a three legged moggie, Bodie and Doyle, that dates them! Then a red girl, then a brown tortie – who became the first ever Imperial Grand Brown Tortie – the Willow was another brown tortie. Ive bred red, cream torties inc lilac tortie, and rescued nearly all colours. Sorry to bore everyone else.

Australian burmese are beautiful, american burmese are odd, bred with persians at one time.

Booking house sits in UK as Im hoping for a longterm sit in France next year, so thatwe can scour Europe for jewellery and I can get started on my comedy series.

Realised we are getting on a bit, both healthy, we need to keep it this way, so it will be good to get to a good bmi afore the Spring. Fair chance as Im under 30 now, and waist is 30 inches, a bit less than half my height.

Cold enough to put the heating on this morning, though got up to 19 degrees this afternoon. Bloody heatwave- for us anyway – lasted an hour!!! Nearly got the barbie out, but it started to rain before we got home. Had the roof off the car – kept it off in the rain!

OH went to check prices of Magnum ice creams at the Supermarket – it is Summer after all -but I refused to buy any. Small victories.

Fast day tomorrow, hope y’all have a good one!

Hi team. Milena I’m so sorry about your Willow. I’m still grieving over my much loved Golden Retriever who had to be put down just before Chrismas. I love Pepper dearly but still miss Sabie. I love cats too. I just would not have one here in Tamania as we have so many birds many of them ground feeders and they’d be easy prey for a moggie.
    Well our weekend went off well with the Xmas in winter. And winter it sure is. It’s freezing here and snow in many parts of Tassie but not here. Needles to say the weekend consisted of lots of eating and drinking. I’m not fasting today as we’ve just seen the guest off. Will do do tomorrow. I agree with you CG this is not fasting weather and I’m all for the comfort food. I hope you get some answers from your surgeon. I’ll hold thumbs.
    Milena, interesting about Willow bark. If I’m not mistaken I think that’s where Asprin was originally derived from.
    Enjoy your day team.

Hi all well got on the scales today and to find I lost 2.6kg I gave myself a pat on the back and I am feeling good about myself my fasting day today again and more determine to see what next week brings hope you are all having a great start to the week.

Hi Trish, well done to you on your fabulous loss. It may not go as quickly as weeks pass but any loss is good, the site is awfully quiet today for some reason, but members will check in when they feel the need. Most do daily unless caught up in things.
    Good luck for the rest of your day, not an easy time of year for any of us fasting, everything we look at or feel like or want is caloury laden! Makes life difficult, but, do the best you can, I’m sure it’s a lot less than you would have on a normal day….and that’s what counts 🙂 xxxxxx

Hi all
    I’ve just started- one week down doing Mondays and Weds so today is my third fast day.
    Finding it so much easier to do this than any other weigh control option. Haven’t had any movement in weight yet but am giving it at least a month.

Just putting it out there – anyone in the inner west of Sydney who’d be keen to start a walking group?

I’m thinking two mornings (Mon/Wed??) a week around Iron Cove bay (Leichhardt/Drumoyne area)

Hi All,
    Just time to snatch a quick post.
    CG – good to hear you managed to get out for a drive and hope you get on well with the surgeon on Fri.
    Milena – sorry to hear about Willow but you sure gave him/her(?) a wonderful life.
    Up – fantastic loss.
    SJ – have brilliant hols and bet your new wardrobe will be fab!
    Lotus – thanks for the wave! Your stats will be a great inspiration to others.
    Raven – great to have you back xx
    Welcome to all the newbies – I’m sure I’ll get to know you properly when I’m back home and can log on more regularly.
    YY, GG, Gypsy, Dawg, Mike – hope all well with ye too.
    Gotta dash – having a ball here, lots of lovely sunshine the past few days so making the most of it! Xxxxxx

Fit great to hear from you glad your getting sunshine, bitterly cold here, making fasting difficult. Didn’t do too well today, ate out of frustration today….another story but no excuse! Have a ball and stay in touch Fit.
    Good luck team if you fasted today, I hope you went well. Nighty nite CG xxxx

Hi

I’m new to the 5:2 lifestyle, starting my first fast day tomorrow!! I’m not usually a big talker, but maybe that’s what I have been doing wrong before…. not reaching out for support.
    I’m an Aussie, and my Dr suggested trying 5:2 after I asked about weight loss surgery, so here I am! : ) Hoping this is the one that works for me. Cheers and good luck and good health to all of us.

Hi countrygal nice to hear from you I am on night duty at the moment nursing 10 hr shift why I ever took up nursing I will never know at least my fast days will go quick as I sleep them away 2 more nights to go then days off hope you are doing well have a great day it’s been nice weather take care.

Hi Fit, enjoy! Welcome Jus.

My fast day yesterday was an epic fail although I ended up eating the fast dinner I had planned. Let’s just not talk about the unexpected curved ball when I had to take my son to A and E! He’s OK, but everything went pear shaped.

Hope everyone else’s went better than mine!

Good morning team and welcome jus-me. Trish nursing is a love job I know but does like any shift work, takes chunks out of a normal life. I did a lot of nights when in disability with DHS,, as well as sleep overs, no wonder I didn’t find Mr.bRight 🙂 Golly upt, I do hope all is well, or at least a good result for your son
    I’m having trouble fasting at the moment, pain is over taking my thoughts and it takes. All I have to deal with that. This seems so on going and signs of depression are staring to niggle at me, so adding fasting to my predicament is getting too hard. I’m holding my own, well choice wise, portion control, but that’s about it.
    Jus-me, I have lost 24k so what I am going through is post op from spinal surgery recently, don’t let me deter you as 5:2 is so very very doable and easy. Mind set plays a very big part in any eating plan and your first show of a loss on the scales will have you hooked. It did with the rest of us! I know this cold winter weather,well, South East anyway, poor Doggy is copping it with snow in Tassie, it does make low cal days difficult, but YOU CAN DO IT! We have posted recipes on Aussie Determination recipes but good ol’ ‘ chunky veggie soup is the best main stay and a healthy stir fry will always leave you full and satisfied 🙂 LaZuppa do a very low cal cup a soup 26 cals to take to work and are surprisingly filling, you can even have two! Take a hard boiled egg for mid arvo hungers, even a diet soft drink is filling
    I know I’ll get there! My bloody mindedness will not let this beat me with depression, if anything it’s just frustration! I just want to get back to normal, laying on the couch watching telly is not what I call a full life 🙁 but this must heel,and I MUST give it time……so, it’s shared, off my chest…and the beat goes on! 🙂
    Have a great day team, stay positive watch your food choices and portion control and also that carb intake 🙂 xxxxxxxxx

Hi team. Welcome to our new members. Swish Trish there are quite a few of us nurses here. Yes night duty is not fun. It threw out my biorhythms and I’ve been an insomniac for years. I’m retired now but although the work was hard I was never bored. I’d probably do it all over again if I had the choice.
    Oh CG do be careful if depression is setting in. As you would know, that’s a chemical imbalance in the brain and cannot always be cured by will power alone. I’d be discussing this with your surgeon when you see him. Yes it is seriously cold here in Tassie with many places having snow. We are on the NE coast so it’s not quite as cold as other areas. Yes FD are not easy when it’s as cold as this. I’m having my FD today. I may well go over the 500 calories just to keep warm. I will certainly be having a few mugs of Jarrah hot chocolate drinks.
    Hang in there team and CG you take care.
    XX Doggy

Hi Fit, so lovely to hear from you and that you are having a good hol.
    CG hoping that your surgeon has answers for you. Does a warm bath help relax muscles/nerves for you? Assuming you have a bath of course. Last thing you want to think about is fasting at the moment but as you’ve already done so well with your 24k loss, anything that creeps on will go once movement and normal FD’s can start again. Hang in there. (( ))
    Doggy saw some photos yesterday of all the Tassie snow and even if not in your area would still be mighty cold. You are a brick to keep (more or less) to FD’s. How’s the knee?
    Trish/jus-me this is a good thread to be on. Lots of help and encouragement, welcome.
    Milena we have a rag-doll who has OH wrapped very firmly. Utterly besotted. Guess who gets to be the baddie to comb, cut out knots etc!!!
    OH is off sick this week (first time I can remember him taking sick leave for about 5 years) and has decided he is not going back!!!! Aggggggh. Thought I’d have more time to get used to retirement and home invasion. At least the shock of the announcement made FD easier yesterday, couldn’t eat but had proper dinner last night. WW’s cannelloni spinch and pumpkin with cauli so came in well under 500 🙂

Gosh I’m glad you two posted, getting pretty lonely here! Where is everyone? Love the thought of the bath Yy but getting out, even with the rail could be an issue at the moment:) Enjoy the company of OH in retirement, holidays, day trips etc, yeah he’ll have day’s when under your skin but see if there is a men’s shed locally, or any hobbies he’d be interested in taking on. Well done on your fast too.
    Doggy, it’s not a chemical type depression I’m feeling just frustration which gets me down. I’m so use to getting ” into” things and my reins are too tight! I have a lot of questions especially a time line if possible, but we all heal at our own pace don’t we? I keep telling myself to enjoy the rest,one day at a time, actually walk to the paddock and fed my sheep before feeling very proud of myself, but did it with great care then drove to my local store for my mail, BIG DAY OUT aye! Got caught up with a few locals so it was nice, all very concerned. 🙂 Oh I’ll get there just impatient i guess and seeing things which need attention get to me.
    Take care team, stay warm Doggy, I am, very cosy in fact, human nature to want what we can’t have! At least my aches and pain will pick up with the weather, I could be like this in the nice weather and house bound and that would be awful 🙂 Happy day team xxxxx

Just starting out today. Had a medical procedure which required fasting for 24 hrs which is a first for me. Have read and seen the TV program by Moseley and thought about it for a long time. So begins the journey of retrieving fitness and getting back to eating better. Need to loose about 10 kgs eventually but starting with a goal of 5kgs.

Peopsh, welcome, 5:2 is very easy and doable. We have a great team which support and encourage you, yet not many posting today for some reason 🙂 As time goes on questions will arise so ask us and one of us will have your answer. We often deviate from the subject but it’s life that got us to the stage of needing help so with sharing it certainly helps. Welcome aboard 🙂 CG xx

Peopsh, I forgot to say check the How section at the top of the page and fill in your stats to find your TDEE which are the allowed cals for NFD’s (non fast day’s) it really helps, don’t think eating normally on normal days are as normal as you think 🙂 CG xxx

Hi Peopsh and welcome to a lovely group of people.

When is the procedure? I found I can fast now for up to 48 hours at a time, without chewing my arm off, and without raiding the fridge immediately afterwards. Took a bit of time, I used to be a ‘second breakfast’ hobbit, so amazed I could do it. So if you have time, get a few fast days done, then extend the fast, and you’ll manage it without much effort, and if your aim is to lose weight as well, you are on your way!I

Yum Yum, Hi, Ragdoll, lovely! Give him/her evening Pringles oil, gives the coat a great shine, and fewer knots. ‘Re hubby, make lists and keep him busy, my OH and I have worked together from home for years, my system is still in shock! Lol!

CG, Hi – have you tried doing some cross stitch, not everyone’s cup of tea, but boy does it fill hours and hours. Something tedious but enjoyable might just fill the weeks and months of healing time. Patience isn’t something I have much of either.

Glorious August here, high Summer! We’ve had a bit of Sun and a bit of rain his morning. Going off to the west coast with the roof down on the car, rain expected and we have a low pressure system over Scotland, so I’ll need to dig out my woolies. Again!

Have a great day everyone!

Um, Milena do you mean Evening Primrose oil or is evening Pringles oil a pet brand??? Just askin.. As for OH – wait a bit til he feels a lot better before I start getting bent out of shape and do lists 🙂 Our Ragdoll is a female with the unlikely name of Sugarplum, Sug for short and she loves playing hide and seek through the house. Trouble with that is she gets sneaky and jumps out unexpectedly sometimes.

CG forgot about difficulty in getting out of the bath 🙁
    YY xx

Melina, Scotland sounds beautiful, my family heritage is Scotts, my maiden name is Innes and we are all a proud clan, although my Dads generation were right into the family tree, our kilt and colours. It’s one place I’d love to visit, Mums side is Welsh so be a great drivable holiday “one day” 🙂 Words and scrabble are my major past time, my girlfriend, who stayed with me after my op, lives on the other side of Victoria so we play online daily 🙂
    Yy that’s okay, lots of things I have to put on hold, but each day another hurdle is crossed and it’s funny how it’s the simplest things I get joy out of. My hospital chair (adjustable legs, straight back) is now out on the deck, ready for the op shop, my lounge chair back in place, so all looking good 🙂
    Have a lovely evening team, good advise too Melina,it all takes time and fasting does need practice to get the mind set in place 🙂 xxxxxx

Hi Yum
    Evening primrise oil, sorry! Capsules easiest, though a pipette is great, or in food.

Thank you for the welcome!! : ) Well I survived day 1. Wishing you a speedy recovery Countygirl. I’m feeling a bit more tired than normal though and feel as though if I stay up too late I will feel like eating something extra!! So I will take myself off to bed early I think!!

Well done jus-me, insomnia is quite common in the early days of fasting so try to relax and stick with it, think happy thoughts, sleep will come. Nighty nite CG xxxx

Hello team! Sorry to be AWOL… Had lots going on at the moment… Saturday quick QLD trip to look at investment properties, Sunday volunteering and huge Monday and Tuesday. I fasted today instead of Monday, which just goes to show how flexible this WOL is.
    CG – hang in there, try and shift your focus from weightloss to wellness…You can pick it up anytime you want to, you have the method down pat 🙂 and yes, it must feel like you have put the brakes on after the full life you have led. But then, the rythmn of the universe is a balance between rest and activity, Fast and Feast, movement and stillness. Both phases are essential to the other. Your time for activity will start again after a short break 🙂
    Milena – hugs to you, dear…
    Big hello wave to all 🙂

Lotus, how lovely, what a lovely way to see things…thank you, take care and look after yourself CG xxxxx

Thanks CG!
    Also wanted to share this with you all, part 2 of what I shared last week
    https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/more-practical-fasting-tips-part-13/
    Some tips there for newbies and ‘vets’ 🙂

I can’t seem to access the forum from my work computer so please forgive my short posts and terrible spelling – pitfalls of using the iPhone!

Good morning team, good luck to anyone doing 4:3 today. Still bitterly cold here in the south so lots of hot drinks to stay warm 🙂 If you’re having a break from fasting for a few weeks don’t stress, it won’t hurt you, some have shown the benefits of re booting the metabolism with it, so think positive. Your 5:2 conscience is still with you and choices will be reasonable and portion sizes acceptable. It takes a long time to undo all your hard work, so be easy on yourself. Especially if you have been doing 5:2 for a considerable time, a “holiday” does us all good. Fasting is lthe proven way to keep control of our weight so stick with it, it will get easier as the weather warms up and your wanting to get into thoses special clothes. That gives you incentive Have a happy day team, stay close to your TDEE and you’re in front all the way 🙂 xxxxxxx
    Gypsy, thinking of you and yours, stay well, prayers are going up for you xxxxx

Lotus thank you, another good read for us all. CG xxx

I don’t have much of a sweet tooth but since I made a cake for my son’s birthday, I seem to be feeling like cake etc every day this week. Does this happen to others? I have only given in twice but it is annoying!

Hi upt, yes it happens with most of us I think…we eat with our eyes, I have someone in from the shire at the moment to do a bit of ironing (as I can’t stand long enough to do it) and made her a cappuccino plus three chocolate biscuits, all delivered to my laundry for her. I came back grabbed my coffee, then you guessed it, grabbed a mint slice on the way! Damn!!! Hay, enjoy your treat, you deserved it, you weight is perfect and your sticking with 5:2 which as you know, is PART of our life, not all of it 🙂 xxxxx

I’m still 3k over my plateau pre op so I’m the last one who should weaken, but KNOW this is short term, the meds which do cause weight gain, will be a thing of the past, salad days will be here and I’ll be a happy little vegemite again fasting as I should and WALKING getting some exercise around my farm in the garden…loosing weight again! PAIN FREE…..Positive thinking team YOU CAN DO IT, I’m in no hurry, this is a life long journey now so where’s the rush, it came on slowly and will disappear the same way! I will never see 99.5k ever ever again and remain in the low 70’s from here on in. No desire to go lower at my age so size 14 is perfect now, if a size 12 happens oh wow, as long as I don’t get scrawny. No chance at the moment anyway but this journey has a long path so anything is possible 🙂 xxxxxx

Attagirl CG! Great attitude 🙂
    UpT – happens to me All. The. Time!
    I normally never buy chocolates (savoury is my downfall) or sweets. But ever since we have a lolly jar in the office that everyone contributes, I eat at least two(!!) of the little suckers each nfd. Go figure ? This is someone, as a recovered diabetic, who should not be going near them! No excuses for me, I just have to forget it’s there …

Heading into my second day of this new regime. I have a bit of time on my hands in not sitting down to breakfast and thought I’d just check things out online. I was a bit surprised to see so much support. I did think for a moment what’s the point of this, but now I see what everyone is up to in the forum it will be worth it. Now to keep busy today.

Good morning team, good morning Peopish. Most of us find missing breakfast on most days quite easy. A hot coffee with milk will usually get you through. Keep the fluids up as its usually thirst not hunger you feel. Plus it’s habit over the years to sit down to a sweet sugary cereal or carb laden toast! This we don’t need! Nows the time to boil an egg for the arvo hungers, or make a tuna salad for lunch and pack it in a container all ready to go….all so very easy! Keeping busy on fast days is a huge key to success, as soon as we sit we do tend to think “nibble” …..if your home all day., use the time wisely to clean out a cupboard, a bit of mending, anything to stay busy. Gardening is my favourite way to “lose” time, it just goes so quickly. 🙂 Fasting day for most of us, your meals should be planned now so keep the water bottle close, teas at the ready and fill your thoughts with anything but food. YOU CAN DO IT. You are NOT hungry.
    I’m heading down to Melbourne today, my son is picking me up around 3.00 as I’m still not confident enough to drive for that long, I’ll stay the night and my daughter will take me to the hospital tomorrow for my post op appt 🙂 all of this means ABnormal eating, lunch out with my daughter, but watching the food choices and portion control, half serve if possible. These days I find my appetite quite small and find it hard to believe how much I used to eat! 🙂 All thanks to 5:2
    Have a great day team, think positive, you are what you think, be confident in your choices too and practice self compassion. You deserve this, you are doing 5:2 for YOU 🙂 xxxxxxxx

Wise words as always from our fearless leader, CG! Hope all goes well.

Peop, it is very supportive and makes a difference for sure.

Lotus, that makes me feel better! This week has been a write off really and it is all down to me!

I will fast today and am trying the La Zuppa soup. I bought chicken and corn in a box of 2. Did I get the right ones? I got a bit confused when I saw how many there are in different guises. My first time trying them.

Funny, isn’t it. Having reached 64.9 last Friday, I was sure I would be extra motivated this week not to go back to 65 and would do really well this week. I will be nervous stepping on the scales on Friday, but not surprised at anything.

Have a good fast day all.

I always have breakfast (usually eggs on toast or ham and cheese sandwich), light lunch and usually no dinner… So I am the opposite to you all 🙂

Uptight – well done on the weightoss so far! 64.5 is my goal weight (distant still )

Viewing 50 posts - 7,201 through 7,250 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.