Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,651 through 6,700 (of 14,786 total)

• Ovaltine / hot chocolate eh? That would go down well at the end of a FD. I need to organise more options that just a Cab Sauv πŸ˜‰

UT your hubby sounds like a classic absent minded professor – a lot like me. Sadly (or perhaps good?) our third one has the same blessing.

How many cals in a cup of ovaltine then?

Hi Mike, it works out to 59 per 15grams (3 teaspoons) but so bloody hard to read the lable (or just my eyes) but it does take the sweet tooth craving away as well as being warming and full bodied. Make with water, then add milk but count the milk too in the cals πŸ™‚ I hope you enjoy….
    By the way, this lady of leisure is too down to earth to raise the pinky πŸ™‚

Have just decided to start this way of eating and looking forward to getting results! πŸ™‚ Really don’t know a lot about it except it works.

Cal king has it at 69cals for 15g but easy to add into fast days, but remember even 50cals over doesn’t make any difference, and if it satisfies, so well worth it, better than going to bed hungry πŸ™‚ xxxxxx

Hi all , have been cooking all day and FD is blown just on the tasting! Ah well, I will make up for it in exercise on the rally. It’s still drizzling rain and freezing (by nth qld standards). But bikers expect to be on the road by daylight, fed on time (which means the cook is up well BEFORE daylight) and at least a 600 klm leg of the trip must be done and the mob fed by sundown, then we party. One has to be partially mad to be a biker. I do feel sorry for you sane people!

So, Mike ,I really enjoyed your link. And jeeze, mate, is working worth all that extra time you give to getting to it? I couldn’t handle big city dwelling with all the hassles of just getting from A to B! I admire your tenacity! Plus you are a really good double agent! More blokes should get involved with their destiny, from a communication of the sexes point of view. Hope you stick with us.

Up, thanks for co-ordinating the email contact. I’m glad you have your humour intact and on the ball with your melanoma risk.

suejen, thanks for being a brick in our wall, you are always there with a kind word for others. Hope your own world is settling to a dull roar!

CG, glad you got the thumbs up from your GP, helps when they have been there and bought the tee shirt! Get into the drugs and sleeeep! we’ll take care of your addiction later! xxx

Taco, lotus, Fit and dawg, I seeee you, but at this point the sav is interfering! xxx nite all.

Hi Violet1, welcome, my first suggestion would be to get The Book, read up on the how and why it works. The 5:2 way of life/eating is so easy and doable. In the How section at the top, work out your TDEE, these are the calories allowances for every day eating. Then only eat 500 cals two days a week being your fast days. πŸ™‚
    If you go back to our page number one, and see how easy our team has found it to be and the wonderful out comes with health and weight loss. Our team will help with the many questions you will have on this pathway but you are starting on the right foot by enquiring and being interested…this is not a fad diet, it is slow and progressive…and it works. Good luck..CG πŸ™‚

Hay Gyps, stay safe, have a ball, and teach the young’ens how to relax and enjoy nature xxx

Had to have a giggle team. I emailed tech support as not getting email notifications this was the reply – giggled at the last part!

Hi Sue β€”
    I think you accidentally unsubscribed from the topic so need to resubscribe again. Sorry about that, I had to make it *very* easy to unsubscribe so people wouldn’t mark it as spam but that means there are a couple of places where if your finger slips, you’re unsubscribed!
    If you resubscribe and don’t get the emails, please let me know! Here is the current last page of the Aussie Determination discussion (it might be the second or third to last by the time you get it!):

LOL suejen

Good morning team, I have had the same issue in the past suejen same reason too, so often I do unsubscribe to keep my email files emptier and just check our thread every so often. I also find I need to log in every once in a while, even though I have it as keep me signed in. πŸ™‚
    Whats on for everyone today? Fit I hope life is being kind to you, you are in our thoughts. Please take care of yourself, try to be positive even though that seems impossible during hard times. Know the love of your family, your friends and of course us, your “other” family πŸ™‚ Get things off your chest as best you can, please don’t bottle it up, it alters you as a person and can cause you unwanted health issues.
    Well, another sleepless night. The knee calf pain is awful. My back is fantastic but oh, the dull ache is really bad. I’m now on the stronger stuff, AND I will survive πŸ™‚ I refuse to let it get me down, and even though my pain tolerance level is pretty good, and well practiced, this leg pain is giving me a run for the money. Anyway, each day is a day closer to total well being. I am walking pain free, it also seems to alleviate the leg pain, getting the blood to flow, but sleeping, laying down is unbearable, and not able to walk for long per time, so spreading the bum in my hospital chair, keeping a diary, and watching the telly and of course reading the adventures of our team πŸ™‚
    Chris is wonderful, she has stepped into my shoes perfectly and is such a blessing.
    Have a great day team, count your blessings, you have so many if your only just take time to think about them. πŸ™‚
    It’s let the hair down time team, keeping portion control as your guide, have those few wines without guilt, and don’t be restrictive as it sets you up to fail. 5:2 IS our way of life but PART of our life, NOT all of it
    It’s time to be your own best friend not your worst enemy πŸ™‚ xxxxx

Thank you CG, you are an amazing person. I’m hanging on by a thread but that’s the best I can do for now. I am reading all the posts and wish everyone well.

CG – I’m sorry to hear about your leg – perhaps ask your Dr if you can have a pain reliever every 2 hours eg endone, 2 panadol , 2 neurofen- that is what I had when I had torn my intercostal muscles. I hope you are well soon xx gypsy all that tasting was necessary πŸ™‚ enjoy your ride. Suejen, I thought you meant your own email. Lol πŸ™‚ Fit, I hope you start to feel stronger soon xx πŸ™‚
    I did my weigh in and I’m on 85.7 – I’m happy that the scales are going down- I am finally back to what I had achieved before getting sick but for some reason , I struggled yesterday. I made a vegetarian Ramen – it’s like an Asian vegetable soup and had two bowls of it. Have a great day everyone xx

I think Suejen, tech support have noticed we move at a “fast” clip on this thread πŸ™‚

Fit, hang in there, even the worst passes. It feels like time has stood still when we are struggling, but of course, it too moves on. I pray that you get the strength to stay the course on such stormy nights. xx

Taco- I lurve Ramen….next time, try the Ramen replacing zuchinni/carrot noodles or slendier noodles instead of the noodle packet they are sold with. I am not fond of the “zero”/”slendier” noodle taste but many find it really satisfying but I did do the Ramen with tofu, veggies and zucchini strips and it worked wonders. Also may be try swirling some egg white through the soup so it cooks to become “noodles” πŸ™‚

Hi team, just a quick check in before going back to bed, the “drugs” are kicking in. With the slendier noodles, the packet sayes cover in boiling water then drain, like you Lotus, wasn’t overly fond of them but used them in some recipes. I found one online, can’t remember which, doing Asian food, they say to cover in water and bring to the bail for a few minutes before draining them. It does make a difference, or did to me anyway, and I found them more paletable
    Taco, thanks for the suggestion, was thinking the same thing.today is my first full day of controlled pain meds so will manipulate, anti inflammatory-Endo and Panadine Forte through the day at regular intervals to at least keep me at a bareable level. All trial and error but finding just the one Endo this morning at 5.30am has worked wonders.. Hay, I’ll get there, as you know I’m too bloody minded (and thrilled with a pain free back) to let it beat me πŸ™‚ ….how do you think I came up with the name of our thread πŸ™‚ was going to but “bloody” in the title but chickened out πŸ™‚ xxxxxxx

My posts are not always going through πŸ™ I think it’s my phone playing up

CG I’m glad you got some sleep with the endone πŸ™‚ … and lol :)that you ‘chickened out’ of ‘bloody’
    Lotus- thanks for the tip – I will try it . It was so yum.

Gyps, give them shortcut bacon! (while secretly weaning them onto cauliflower). I haven’t managed to convert my husband to it yet. He still baulks at that.

CG, truly when I was away in the U.S I was out with a new friend whose phone alarm went off with a reminder. She was driving and I was doing the google map thing, so I read it for her.
    It said “MAKE BED”. I asked her what that was about and she told me that she sets it so that if she hasn’t gotten around to it, she has a reminder. She is a part time lecturer and tells me it has gone off in lectures and her students have been most amused.
    I thought it hilarious that she should set such a reminder and admitted that when it comes to making the bed, I myself am a little bit, ahem, SLACK!
    Guess what, none has died and I am not divorced! CG, do you know how many of us wish we had doctor’s orders like that? Just try and control yourself and enjoy them, with drugs!

Thanks for comments from everyone re my results. It means also that a successful biopsy will mean that I will panic less next time. Gypsy, I hope always to keep my sense of humour, laughing at things, including ourselves, keeps us sane! Fit, I hope you can do that now and then.

SO, I managed to fast successfully yesterday, but today my weight was the same but it is reporting day so.
    Starting Weight November……….76Kg
    Best ever in May…………………….65.3
    Today………………………………….66.3

My husband lost 2 kilos this week….. so rude!

PS. Mike how do you manage to squeeze in wine on a fast day? You must eat very little!
    I found it hard to knock off the wine. My favourite drink to trick myself, admittedly better in summer, is soda water with a fresh lime squeezed into it in a nice glass. Kind of like a G and T but not! Actually gin and diet tonic would be better than wine as it is lower carb.

OMG, this last little post was interrupted by a drama in the kitchen, large crash and associated human distress. My daughter was making a birthday cake for my son tomorrow of epic proportions, triple layer, lemon curd filling, I know we had to buy 4 packets of butter!

Anyway, the mixmaster decided to mix itself right off the bench! One of those situations where my daughter is immobilised, the dog ecstatic, and me quickly figuring out the response and in what order. I have had to wipe a few tears, and a lot of floor, cupboards etc but I think that sense of humour will get us through!

Upt, laughing with you with tears, can picture it vividly πŸ™‚ a time to remember when you look back in years to come πŸ™‚ xxxxx

Oh, and not yet to the stage of needing a reminder to make the bed πŸ™‚ ,,,,it may come one day! πŸ™‚ xxxxxx

Eeek Uptight! I guess the dog helped with “kindly” wiping the gunk all over the flooring?
    But you DO paint a funny picture πŸ˜‰

Hi all. Oh Up the picture of the ecstatic dog is wonderful. I’m not sure you felt the same though. I’m so pleased for you that your biposy results came back benign. I used to work in theatre at Peter Mac in Melbourne. Melanomas were always one of the nasties. I’m sending you my email address later.
    CG I hope your pain relief is kicking in. This is no time to be the brave soldier. Make haste slowly and get well.
    Welcome Violet.
    My concentration is at breaking point as Pepper has been barking for hours. I’d better get up and see what it’s about.
    Oh yes weight down ever so slightly and I’m feeling more cheerful and positive. Thanks to you all.

OK, so hot chocolate is now on the menu for the end of FD… might be able to avoid the vino then with something else to fill my tummy…

Welcome violet. My suggestion if you can’t get the book is to find the video somewhere (I can upload it to a google site if anyone needs a copy) and there may be stuff on youtube as well. I like the way he tells the story of discovering this method. “eat, fast, live longer” is the title – I found it by accident on a long flight from somewhere when I’d seen all the good movies and went looking for documentaries πŸ˜‰

GB, yeah it’s a trade-off. Salaries in Sydney are the best in Australia but living expenses are high as well (not just real estate). Would love to retire in FNQ one day, maybe Cairns… We just upgraded 2 years ago but had to move further out to be able to afford the 5 bedrooms we need (4 kids) – hence the travel time. On the other hand, we have cockatoos and lorakeets every morning and the kids love feeding them.

The guy who did the video (Mark Gungor) has a heap more content. Especially good for teenagers on some of the touchy subjects not always easily discussed.

Uptight, I’m using MFB and tracking calories that way, I always pick the higher numbers from the options (eg salad can be 50 cals or over 100 depending on who added the item)… I still end up under near the end of the day, but to be honest I’d probably have a glass even if it put me a bit over the line. Should stop that now that I can have some hot chocky πŸ™‚

Weighed 76.8 this morning after FD yesterday which is progress albeit slow.

Have a nice weekend everyone…

HI All so late posting that I won’t even try to catch up on other posts. Weigh-in this morning (gee not many reporting today?) was 70.5 which is still 400gr up from my lowest weight of 70.1 on June 19th. So still hanging around the 70/71’s up and down, up and down. ONE day I’ll see that 69. I did see it briefly this morning & was about to rejoice then realised that the battery was flat as it went from 69 to 67 to 78 etc etc.
    Having homemade dim sum for tea and a glass or two of wine to begin the weekend. After that I’ll try to calm down & eat sensibly. We’ll see!! Have a good one all. suejen XXX

Still great results suejen. I haven’t fasted since the week before my op, now aprox 15 days ago, zigzagged, was 75k ave and 76,3 this morning. All normal eating, three meals a day, morning and after noon tea ANDsupper….go figure! I know that will hot last long but have to look after myself whilst convalescence is in place so no fasting. Also with so many meds on board feel food will help it pass through.
    Mike, not just fast days, hot chocky is great any night in wintet. Jarrah do a low cal one in the sleeves so concenient when out and about if boiling water is available πŸ™‚ it tastes great too xxxxxx

Thank you Countrygal I appreciate all the information that you have given me. It sounds like it is doable and I just need to get my head around what I can eat on the fast days πŸ™‚ The book sounds like a great place to start. Thank you once again x

G’day team. Violtet re the 5:2 book. I’ve downloaded it as an Ebook onto my iPad. It’s not ideal really as often it’s easier just to pick up a old fashioned book and mark the pages, recipes etc that you want to refer to again. You will find this way of eating easier to do as ties goes by. Don’t be afraid to ask questions as invariably one of us will have the answer.
    CG I hope your leg pain is easing. Take care and be kind to yourself.
    Yesterday I made a ginormous pot of soup that is now in containers and in the freezer for lunches next week. We are so looking forward to having our daughter and grandkids next week. We love Tassie but do miss not being closer to our kids and grandies.
    School holidays have started and we have lots of people about who have shacks here or are renting. They all seem to have dogs that bark. The joys of living at the seaside.
    Enjoy our weekend team. I’m still not counting calories on NFD but have an idea in my mind that I’m sticking pretty close to my TDEE most days.
    XX Dawg.

Hi Everyone. Violet I must have missed your first post so welcome to the team. Definitely get the book..it’s so motivating apart from anything else.
    CG good to hear that you’re doing well – I assume that with more meds the pain has eased? And don’t event think about fasting yet, your body is coping with enough as it is. It needs to repair and get stronger & that’s enough to focus on for you now.Just keep on as you’re doing CG sounds fine.
    Dawg I’m still not good at mentally tallying up my TDEE. How do you do it? I’ve counted cals for so long you’d reckon I’d be an expert by now! Things vary so jolly much even on MFP.
    OH went out on a photography morning today so I decided to have breakfast out. Thought that ordering the fruit toast would be a reasonable choice (plus I love it). However it turned out to be the HUGEST slice of a homemade banana/apricot/etc loaf. It was a slab!! But must admit that I ate it all so now having a HB egg for lunch or maybe just nothing.
    I had some excitement as I went to buy some new bras too. I was wearing black tights/boots/black tanktop & it’s the first time EVER that I was happy for the lady to come in & give me new pairs/check the fit etc without freaking out. I looked in the mirror & thought Well I actually look reasonable for a 64yo! Mind you the tights were not restrictive around the waist so there was no muffin top as there would have been in jeans or similar; and black is soo slimming. Note to self: must wear black next time I go bra or clothes shopping! But anyway it made me very pleased with where I am in my journey. Had also gone down a size yeah. Oh also got to share about the FD with the lady in the shop. She has the book but never read it so urged her to start.

Enjoy the weekend team. That’s what makes our WOL stand out from the crowd….we get to enjoy our weekends, not sit there miserably saying Oh I’m on a diet I can’t have that/do that/go there etc. WE CAN AND WE DO!!!! Aint it grand. suejen XXX

Hi suejen, I bet you looked fantastic, and felt over the moon. It’s lovely to be proud of your reflection, and try to think how long ago it was that you were. The fruit toast sounds so yum, I hope you enjoyed it guilt free πŸ™‚ Freezing in country Vic so a good lazy day of naps (which I keep having medically induced I think,) and movies. Lots of soup and toasted sandwiches so if your doing the same…enjoy. The new meds are helping but I keep nodding off, but I sure know when the next lot are due. Anyway, one day at a time, as with all of lifes problems and be grateful for the good times, and just ride like billio through the tough ones πŸ™‚
    Happy day team, whatever you do….and stay warm xxxxxx

Hi all! Had a brunch and some of the infamous birthday cake…the second batch! Haven’t eaten much else today but no guilt anyway. The beauty of 5/2!

Morning all everyone must be either snoozing in on a cold morning or too busy to post. How are we all – enjoying our weekend? Gyps hope you are having a ball and cooking up a storm. Bet you’re having the time of your life. Have you introduced them to short cut bacon yet….or do you value your life too much?!
    Looks like today’s gonna be a beautiful day so far so a big walk is on the cards – and always helpful to use some calories up. I’ve been pretty indulgent the last 2 days so today I’m gonna ease back into MFP & track my food & keep it low, hoping to start a FD tomorrow with a lower number. Worth a try. Bit tired of losing the same 1 kilo.
    Keep up with those meds CG & keep on nodding off – it’s all helping the recovery process. And don’t be hard on yourself that you’re not getting much done. You worked so hard before your op to be ready so now is the time to reap the rewards of that & just as you said be a lady of leisure! Enjoy the change for now!
    Have a good weekend all. Fit and DiiP you’re in our thoughts. Be kind and gentle on yourselves and take one day at a time. Log on when you can or lurk when you can – we don’t mind. It’s a diversion for you. suejen XXX

Slendier noodles etc I found the trick was to dry them out in a non-stick frypan (mentioned on their site in the comments). Just keep stirring & after quite a few minutes they did eventually dry out & become much less gooey or slimey, & much more like the real thing. Give it a go. Even OH didn’t mind them & he hates udon noodles for that reason.

That’s a good idea suejen, I love the way exchanging of ideas we get on our thread. Yes, I’m doing my best at resting but yesterday was a day from hell with nerve pain. Ohhhhh, never had pain like it, couldn’t get comfy any where, meds weren’t working just so very little sleep in last 24 hrs. horrible. Anyway, took meds at 4.45am this morning and within 20 minutes, muscles relaxed, nerves settled and pain disipated πŸ™‚ felt so different, so a coffee and back to bed. Just showered, back to my hospital chair, walking the house every 20-30 mins so quite a sheltered life at the moment. So glad I have such big windows and a fantastic view πŸ™‚ it helps instead of just four walls. Chris has been doing out my fridge and freezers, even kitchen cupboards to make thing easier access with as little bending as possible. She is invaluable to me. We were discussing the other night that we go back just over 50 years together,a lot of water under the bridge and so many memories, some we rely on each other to being them up as we forget, then have a laugh over forgetting things πŸ™‚ Also leaving a few everyday things on the bench rather than putting them away..all for my access. We tend to out of habit, put things in the cupboard, but just coffee mugs, dinner plates etc need to be kept out. Again, all trial and error but we are working it out as we go. She will be going this time next week so I should be quite able to handle the independence easily.
    More from my diary, hope you don’t mind πŸ™‚
    Have a great day team and remember to plan for tomorrow πŸ™‚ xxxx

Morning all, have been reading posts on the fly. So good to know everyone is keeping their head down and getting on with things (especially when everyone else around is losing theirs!!!!!!) Got some heartbreaking decisions to make later this week but feel grounded today reading thru the last couple of pages.

CG guess the calf pain kind of takes the shine out of being back pain free after so long but see that you are handling with your usual good humour. xx
    Love the picture of ecstatic dog Up, bet the bit of floor he got to didn’t need much wiping! SJ still planning to make that pumpkin pie this week and I would love to know how to mentally work out TDEE too. Mike you sound as if you have your hands full with four children, at least you will always have someone to exercise with! Fit thought of you a lot yesterday (Saturday) when I had my hair cut by my lovely Irish hairdresser. She was going to be celebrating the two year anniversary of moving to Perth. If everyone is as nice as she is, send them on over. Dawg can just imagine Pepper’s excitement when grandkids come to stay. Lotus when my head is in a good space again I’ll ask about the Ramen soup. Have a lovely relaxing day. Gyps living vicariously with you on your travels. Feel a bit wrung out at the thought of all the cooking though πŸ™‚
    TTYS YY xx

Hi all, walked the dog today. A lovely day here in Brisbane.

Yes, the dog did have a bit of a go at the floor when I let him but by that stage there wasn’t much left and I had to wash it afterwards anyway, of course!

CG, I know nerve pain is one of the worst and hard to control but with all pain they say to take the pain meds straight away and don’t wait until it is really bad because they aren’t as successful for some reason.

Sue Jen, you paint a funny picture of losing the same kilo over and over again but I guess that is what it seems like. Good luck this coming week. I really want to drop 500 grams which is my usual loss despite losing nothing last week.

Mike, I have 4 children too.

Noooo! I cannot post long conversations! I just lost all my individual messages-again!

CG – I hope tonight is better than yesterday and that the pain killers kick in when you need them! Hopefully you are much stronger by the time Chris goes home xxx

Lotus, Yum, SueJen, Up , gypsy and team πŸ™‚ I hope you have all had a. great Sunday. To the whole team- all the best for tomorrow’s skinny day, it will be cold πŸ™‚ lots of soup, tea, miso, ramen and boiled eggs for me. Congrats to all that had a loss or just feel better xxx

Fit and GoGal- thinking of you xxx
    FB – hope all is well πŸ™‚

Hi All,
    Violet – sorry for not welcoming you earlier, you picked the right thread to join; the wonderful people here will guide and support you on your 5:2 journey.
    My family troubles are far from over but the initial shock is wearing off. I am trying to be strong. I’ve also been trying to support a very close friend whose first cousin one of three Irish people who were shot dead on a beach in Tunisia last week……an absolutely horrific act of random terrorism. 38 were killed, about 30 were British. My friend’s cousin was a nurse. Her funeral was yesterday and well over 1000 people attended it. My beautiful new grand nephew who was born in Sydney two months ago has been taken to hospital having had four seizures; they don’t know the cause and are doing an EEG soon.
    Sorry for off-loading all this here but life is just *&%$@ at the moment.
    Thanks to everyone for the kind enquiries and good wishes.

Wow, Fit. Feel free. You have so much on your plate at the moment! Pun not intended but might as well run with it!
    Thinking of you! xx

Another fast day, sent my husband off with a boiled egg, a can of tuna ( his choice of food for lunch) and an emergency pack of miso soup which he has never yet had. He gets eye fillet and salad for dinner.

Hi all. This swill probably be my last post for the next five or six days. My lovely daughter and grandkids are on their way. Unfortunately the weather is wet and dismal but we do need the rain. Yes Pepper is going to go ballistic when they arrive.
    Suegen to be honest I don’t really do a mental TDEE. I just mostly eat low carbohydrate meals on NF days and have smaller helpings. Yesterday the devil made me buy some choc coated liquorice logs. But I did enjoy them. I’m not going to fast while the family are here. It’s probably not going to make much difference in the long term.
    Fitto I’m so sorry a friend of yours lost loved ones in that terrorist attack in Tunisia. It was just appalling. I can’t get my head around these people who commit acts of barbarity in the name of religion.
    CG I hope you pain is easing off. Do take the analgesics before the pain gets bad. It’s a good idea that Chirs is organising your stuff so that you don’t need to bend or lift anything. She sounds like a lovely friend to have.
    OK see you all later and take care.
    XX Dawg

Hi Fit never say you’re sorry for off-loading here, that’s part of what we’re here for…to support each other & you sure need some support at present. Glad that you’ve got past that initial numb shock stage & trying to be strong. Be strong when u can but it’s also OK to retreat for a while till u can cope. {{}}
    UT sounds like OH has a very sound day planned for him with you as support. He’ll do well. CG hope this morning is a better one for you & a good night’s sleep with the drugs. Taco you day is all well and truly sorted too…good on you.

Well Team if your planning & preps not done hoop to it & have some warming foods ready to eat…and like Taco says with plenty of soup or herbal teas or whatever takes your fancy, but doesn’t add up to too many cals. We can get through FD’s in this colder weather if we rug up and keep up with the hot liquids. For me my usual HB eggs for brekky & lunch & then Chilli Con Carne for dinner – might have to be with Slendier rice as don’t think enough cals left for the real stuff. Or maybe I need to get creative & have it over a bed of grated carrot or similar. Might work? Whatever you’ve planned for FD have a successful day everyone & use your aussie determination, grit your teeth (that’s so you can’t eat!) and hang in there till your head hits the pillow & you’re saying YES I DID IT! suejen XXXX

Hi everyone – hope you all had a great weekend.

CG and Fit, keep strong, you are in my prayers, stay strong – all things must pass, I do hope the horizon is near for you both.

I have good news, albeit insignificant in the scheme of things, my wee Lazarus cat seems to have indeed risen – at times she couldn’t lift her head and fell over constantly when she could move, she is walking straight with her tail in the air, head up and strong, and walking a straight line, her blindness has completely gone, she is feeding herself and putting on weight.

Trouble is she is back to being a loud, demanding and rude bisum, I am back to general dogsbody and being shoved to the edge of the bed when she comes in, ignored as she has renewed her love affair with my OH.

To think, all those tears and sleepless nights ………

Needing some medical advice before I go back to the Doc – do any of you medical professionals have experience of lymphedema and lipedema, or kidney, heart or liver problems resulting in water on the knee.

I suspect I have lipedema – isn’t google wonderful – if I look hard enough I’ll probably discover I died last week – but apparently it may affect over 10% of women, which means I’m not the only sufferer on this forum. I’ve been to the doctor and was told I may have a little arthritis on one knee – I have problems with both – and I had water on the knee. Treatment – lose weight. My diagoses weren’t mentioned of course.

I’ve lost over 35 lbs – going up and down at the moment but hoping to lose another 30-40. Knees are much better, less painful than before losing weight – seeing less swelling in my ankles but not losing from legs. Must say though my bum is a bit pitted (can’t believe I’m writing this!) not too bad and I’m not pear shaped. Losing weight from hips but not really from legs, hardly at all from thighs. If you haven’t heard of this might be worth googling – posting as sufferers are often just told to lose weight and exercise, and when they do lose weight they don’t lose from legs (sometimes affects arms, mine are certainly very bat wing). Photo of the starving aneroxic is interesting!

Just looking for input and comments before I go to the surgery – bet the doctor wishes she had a pound for every google diagnosis!

Fit, have been grateful for your kind comments when I have had a hard time and said so. So, please feel free to offload when necessary. This is a good safe place to do it. Keeping your grand-nephew in mind and prayer. xx

I did have a good Sunday Taco, thanks. Your day sounds very well organised and I hope it pays off for you.

Milena impressive 35lb loss! I tend to have ‘saddle bags’ on my thighs when I’m overweight but I don’t think you are talking about that. I don’t know much about what you are describing but recently when I slipped over and had fluid on the knee I was told to keep it elevated, not exercise it. So there Mr Google!

Stay warm everyone (miserable wet/cold, humid day here) feel colder on FD’s but soon be over.

Welcome V 1. YY xx

Fit – sending you and your loved ones many prayers… And you lil grandson too… Hugs my dear
    Hello to all – can’t write much as end of long and gruelling work day . FD was successful though as I haven’t had time to eat!
    Goodnight, and sending you, lovely AD team, best wishes!!

Hi All,
    Thank you so much for putting up with my moaning. I’m finally getting out from under the big black cloud of despair and trying to get my act together. Enough of the moping and crying…..time to make a plan of action and do something positive and practical, however small it might be, to try and help the situation. I’m so grateful for all you beautiful people.
    CG – really hope you’re getting on top of the nerve pain and so glad you have such a brilliant and practical friend to set you up for a speedy recovery.
    FB – are you ok?
    GG – my thoughts and prayers with you and your dad.
    Have a great week, everyone.

Fit life does suck at times and you sure are getting your share of tough times. What can anyone say about the senseless killings in Tunisia. Where are these ratbags going with theiir thinking. If this world doesn’t suit them, just do away with themselves, why take so many innocent others? How peace is never their choice is unbelieveable. I hope the little baby is in safe hands, very sad for all involved but medicine has come so far and can cure so much, prayers are with you.
    Melina love your expectations of Google, that gave me the laugh I needed. When in doubt, never self diagnose, visit your doctor. My loss was pretty even all over, only by chance though, still that padding between bust and navel, but not 21 anymore and any loss is appreciated. I’m probably gaining now as not doing 5:2 for nearlly a month and another Few weeks to come, but clothes still fitting fine and I’m sure a couple of months will not undo so much hard work. Once my health returns I’ll be back into it.
    Got more drugs today, nerve pain and sleeping tabs, so pretty spaced out. Trying to keep up with the posts but can’t always give input. I am so desperate for a nights sleep so tonight could be it and the nerve pain in my leg is beyond anything I expected…but my back is still pain free πŸ™‚ one day at a time as I keep saying!
    I spoke to GG yesterday, her Dad is holding his own and she is enjoying the time with him. We all seem a bit quiet but life is full with so many unusual happenings for a lot of us but I’m sure we will all be in fine form as usual before too long.Come Xmas we will all look back on an interesting year.
    Have a great evening team CG xxxx

Good morning team πŸ™‚ have yourself a wonderful NEW day!! πŸ™‚
    Remember how we said yesterday “tomorrow’s another day”? Well, it’s here, and we get to live it to the best of our abilities…
    My weight had gone up by 1/2 kilo, only because I went on a (silly, tantrum caused by plateau) bad-carb fest over the weekend, plus it was my birthday last Friday and a girls gotta have cake(s) isn’t it πŸ˜‰
    With yesterday FD it’s only gone up by half kilo, hopefully back to plateauing by end of this week and then move downwards from there…
    By the way, have you all tried Tahini? It’s a Middle eastern sesame and something paste, had it today on toast and salad and it’s yummy. Really lovely alternate to Mayo or sandwich spread, full of good fats and fibre!

Tahini is apparently just lightly toasted sesame seeds, processed to smooth paste with a few teaspoons of oil and salt. Must try making it home this weekend!

Good morning team. Hi Lotus, yes love Tihini but also tzatziki (spp) which is a cucumber dip. Love it instead of mayo etc too, great to spread on bread even added to mash spuds πŸ™‚ …..dry bikkies with a bit of tomato or avacado yum . Oh the things we learn, but also don’t be frightened to try something new πŸ™‚ I haven’t had white sauce (which I adore) on my cailie for months, now I have a big blob of sour cream, so yummy and easy. As I couldn’t stand for too long this aaves all the stirring etc (for lazy cooks too)
    Feeling great today, hope to stay that way too, each day is a new experience for me pain wise but keeping positive is what keeps me going….as with 5:2, some days a diamond some days a stone, just hang in there, stay positive and lets face it, as humans we function better with “rules” or routine and what better way than 5:2 πŸ™‚
    Have a happy day team, what you think is what you are, so think happy thoughts, think positive, change your attitude with what ever is getting you down, there are two ways to handle anything which enters your life. Roll up the sleeves and get on with it, or bury your head in the sand and give up! Which one is your choice. We can’t change what has happened, only how WE deal with it πŸ™‚ luv to you all..CG xxxxx

Good morning all πŸ™‚
    I must admit that I did well yesterday until about 10:30 pm ; then the unthinkable happened; I accidentally ate a vege sausage which had been oven baked drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with herbs! I also added dollops of of avocado mash which of course had salt, pepper and olive oil πŸ™ I also looked longingly at a nice, big , brown bread roll but I stopped myself there! I somehow managed not to go the whole hog. The mayo and tomato sauce were somehow safe just like the salad. Anyway Lotus and YumYum , thank you for thing of me as organised πŸ™‚ I was, like I ate everything I could to 500 calories but I spoiled it at the 11th hour πŸ™

Viewing 50 posts - 6,651 through 6,700 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.