Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,651 through 5,700 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi Suejen, I think I had the same trouble getting the photobucket thing. It makes me a bit dyslexic seeing all those similar lines of codes/letters. So let me try explaining what I discovered. On the right side (after you’ve clicked on the foto you want to select) there appears 4 elongated boxes with codes in, but also, (outside the boxes at the beginning) are also four (different) sets of code (one set for each box). If you get that, then you will see that only ONE of them is HTML. (DO NOT CONFUSE THIS WITH http!)

So – then just hover over the HTML (I left CLICK, BUT DON’T THINK IT MATTERS) the trick is to watch for a quick flash of yellow in the box beside it and the word ‘copied’ flashes, then disappears. If you then right click and ‘paste’ it on our forum comments box it should work. Hope that’s as clear as …..um….well mate, we are never too old to learn and we WILL figure it out!

photo IN SERCH OF INSPIRATION BEYOND GEORGETTE HEYER.. REALLY... OHMY..._zpsl9vmdptb.jpg

…sigh… I think I blew my FD with a Leprechaun for lunch….Oh well…

Thanks CG/Lotus, I had an apple as I keep forgetting to get the Miso soup. I did get the jarrah hot choc on the weekend so will be sipping some of that when I have my sweet tooth urge.

Well done Lotus, I find it easy to resist when at work. Dimsum, only 45 Cals, may get me sum of that 🙂

Gypsy, you are gorgeous 🙂

Bugga! of course I meant ‘out with’…. No… there’s no fixing it…too late. Just have to wear it…..or not…Bwaaa!Ha!Haa!

Oh yes I hope so, was going to be so GOOD this week 🙂 xx

Buggar, I answered Lotus back on the last page, can’t let grass grow under our feet can we 🙁 xx

Love the pic Gyps, the title is “so you” 🙂 xxxx wouldn’t expect less xxxx

LOTUS- 45….. I would have said late 30’s for sure. Could not agree more FB and yourself could pass for siblings! Does that mean I now have another daughter to keep me in line?
    The mention of how we are breaking boundaries in “Social Media” is very true. The accolades can only go to one person OUR CG!. When she become my “BUDDY” back in Sept 2014 there was an instant feeling of friendship that I wanted with her , then come along my angel FB ,the same connection occurred. Hence our meeting. The 3 of us have always shared trust and honesty with each other. I think this is why you all feel comfortable with sharing your experiences . Gypsy mentioned : the conversations we share with each other are those that we may not even share with our nearest and dearest. I would never have imagined the relationship through a forum for better health would evoke the integrity and honesty that it has.CG and FB are the most beautiful women you could ever wish for as friends. I am so elated that you are all experiencing the same.
    Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU.We are together united in 5:2 and friendship.THIS IS AUSSIE DETERMINATION WE CAN DO ANYTHING WHEN UNITED…. GO GAL

Hmmm First she has her “Leprechaun” for lunch ( tasty?) and then she reads 50 Shades!! Gypsy – wouldn’t expect anything less of you mate! LOL

Aw sheet! and I’m all alone on this page! Jeeze! Hello!

Well Just to change the subject, Suejen, don’t let your daughter’s mental issues define you in the parental role, you are still trying and have been for her lifetime. That’s the measure of you, and the hell of it. mental strife in a family has us all looking in the mirror when it’s ours. I grow ever more diligent – my mother was schizoid. It’s a worry! especially on my mad days. Then I consider what I would do without lunacy, really? and it helps. ( and yes, I did do a couple of years psyche to aide diagnostics re “am I going around the bend?”. too funny when the answer comes back “Nah, pity, keep trying…” … so restful here all alone… Erk, CG’s gunna kill me…. hope she’s got them on track in the anaesthetic dept..

Oops they were there all the time…. better check the mirror…

GG – what a beautiful post. Had me tearing up a bit ( not a good look on the train!)
    CG – got your reply! No worries

And GG – of course you claim another daughter – would love mum now in my life…

GYPS ….. are you reading a boring bit in Fifty? or thinking UMMMMMM AGHHHHHH, OHHHH… great pic…GO GALxxxx

LOTUS- send the adoption papers now!I have always wanted daughters…..I am feeling very honoured ,now I have 2 to be proud of!….GO GAL XXXXXX

No papers necessary – naturalised here 🙂

GG just so thrilled at the “birth” of another daughter, it’s not that far back I remember your first 🙂 and Lotus, you lucky girl xxx

Aw, GEEGEE! sucha sentimental softie you are. I think that was CG’s brilliant observation, not mine. but I was inspired by it, too. There’s no denying the advent of internet connection has been a boon to the growing problem of housebound isolation, and for all ages. But it had a shallow, rather empty ring to it on site’s like Facebook, plus a shyster’s playground on others. Tinned, skinned and exploited by endless ads and scams. And it actually teaches this generation to even THINK in shorthand ! Their reading attention span is reduced to one sentence, or get cut off! No wonder there are so many depressive disorders in the young. Kitchen table therapy is gone and with it the family forum. My grandkids even text each other when they are sitting side by side in the car! but won’t put a sentence together at the dinner table on the rare occasion that they use it.

And yes. CG It is the older generation that feels the loss of actual speech! or the long, newsy letter. the kids don’t even know what’s missing, they’ve never had it. Too impatient to click away what doesn’t amuse them. So I think it’s great that we have become tolerant, and even supportive, of longer posts when someone needs to get a load off! I did see one request a few months back about ‘keeping posts short, please”. but it got ignored, or vetoed. And as I’m the worst offender I’m delighted you all now appear to be infected! Carry on. I’ll practice being brief and give others a go! xxx Gyps

Yes I remember that Gyps, just someone kicking tyres, don’t even think she posted much, no, it’s the stayers, the team that matters and getting to know each other is so important. Sure it started with one theme, but being women, don’t know how to stick to one subject 🙂 xxxxx

In my opinion, the Internet, FaceBook, and other such technology are tools. They themselves are not good or evil, (even abbreviated speech, ) in some circumstances. We have all connected on the Net after all! A knife in the hands of a killer or surgeon – same knife, different outcomes.
    Let’s continue to use this double-edged sword to heal than hurt 🙂

And in an odd way, my nieces and nephews are more connected to each other, know more about each other, than we did of our cousins because of FB etc. Sometimes they squabble, but at least they are in touch. I am not much on FB as not used to constant conversing, but one day, will get back into it… But with boundaries… 😉

I’ll pay that, Lotus, you are right. xxx – good to debate and have positives
    re-enforced. One thing’s for sure, progress isn’t going to cater to those who can’t keep up!

Somewhat like this thread, keep up or it moves on 🙂

I saw this on Pinterest and thought to share with you great writers ( check the ideas for validity though, just in case it’s not a scam!)
    http://pinterest.com/pin/223983781444481533/
    Check for scams with
    http://pinterest.com/pin/287315651203887868/

Hi All!
    Wow! So much to debate….I have to admit I’m not a fan of facebook, as it seems to me that the negatives outweigh the positives. However, with so many of the next generation moving abroad, it can be a great blessing for scattered families to share photos and messages very quickly with everybody at the same time. I’m not on fb myself and do feel I miss alot of news but then as an ex-teacher, I think of the misery caused to young people by the nastiness they have experienced on social media. It’s a pity it can’t be better monitored or regulated. I am very wary of sharing anything on the ‘airwaves’ and I have never posted on a forum before, so I’m amazed at myself chatting here every day – I feel so at home, so safe and among friends. Thank you all for being so welcoming, warm, kind hearted and understanding.
    Lotus – like the others, I’m speechless that you are in your 40’s…you look terrific and you can see the weight loss too. Just beautiful! (OH looking good too!) You and FB will be the belles of the ball at next year’s grand get-together. 🙂
    Gyps – you are a hoot; just love the photo….what exactly are you thinking? mmmmmm? 😉
    Can’t say I’m enjoying FD so far after big blow-out over the last few days; but I feel so bloated and sluggish that I know I definitely need it and will feel all the better for it afterwards. Maybe some more housework to take my mind off things – glad to see I was a good influence on you, Gypsy!!!
    Raven – enjoy your day off, it’s such a great feeling to know you have nothing in particular to do and no time constraints – make the most of it!! I often log on during the day, so if you fancy some company while the aussies are asleep, I will be only too happy to respond! 🙂
    All the best to everyone for the week ahead. We can do it, team!! Xxxxxxxx

I’m with you Fit, this is my first ever forum, bit weary of FB too, we here so many sad stories. Yes it does depend who uses the knife, but there always seem plenty to climb on board. Like everything, sedatives etc, used in the way it should be it would be great, but there are always some ready to ruin it for others

Thanks Fit ! 🙂

Fit, just thinking, it might help your body along with “detoxing” if you filled up on extra water and more raw veggies today, as it’s FD after few feast days?

Well FB and Gyps have gone back and had a look & my computer (yes not a tablet/mobile etc FB) does none of the things you mention Gyps. On the left of the boxes with text all I have is the names HTML or HTTP etc, but nothing happens at all.
    Lotus so lovely to see you & you are not bloomin 45 I say! Love to see the next pic as you say with less layers covering you up. Bet it’s looking good! It’s so wonderful to be bale to picture quite a few of us. Oh and Gyps you really staged that photo well didn’t you. Haha just love the look on your face…priceless!!
    CG with all you had on today I would suggest strongly to you that ending up at 600 cals was pretty darn good. How did all the pre-op stuff go or do I have my days mixed up?
    Gyps thank you so much for your comment re not letting my daughter’s mental illness define me as a parent cos…….I HAVE BEEN DOING JUST THAT and I must stop! We’ve been trying since she was 17 through various diagnoses…and it still goes on. We’ve had about 3 years of peace so we can be thankful for that.
    Well so looking forward to my hot choc so must go and get it. Been soo NOT full after my dinner tonight but I resisted and now my hot choc is calling me. that should tide me over till bed. Nighty night all. suejen XX

PS On another of our naughty topics….who wears what to bed??? Me…..weeell, I’ll let you guess but it’s a pretty brief story! Look forward to your replies ladies.

Lotus – that’s good advice, I really need to detox; my system has been overloaded with sugar for the last few days. Had to indulge in some birthday treats with my wonderful mother-in-law yesterday who has reached the ripe old age of 94 with all her marbles intact – a great lady!
    SJ -re night time attire……”Chanel number 5″!…..and a 🙂

Ha Lotus luvit….I’m just missing the Chanel! Come on all you coy determinators out there…..what say you? Or have you all gone to bed? Fair enough that’s where I’m heading right now. See your replies in the morning. sj
    Lotus your MIL sounds just great & of course you had to have some birthday treats.

Lotus, we can notice. You look great!

Gypsy, what a hilarious mistake. Having your leprachaun after reading 50 shades, quite the revelation!

About to start a fast day.

I must just say that on FB you have a lot more control than on here. I tend towards being a private person anyway but just remember that while we have these great relationships on here, anybody at all can read this and never comment, just lurk. And maybe it is your next door neighbour or someone that you know but that you don’t want to know everything about you. I would happily share more on here if it weren’t for that. I can’t imagine anyone really wanting to wade through every post for identity clues but who knows?

If we had a closed group on FB we would have far more privacy in the sense that we would know exactly how many people are in the group etc. Not that I am suggesting we do that just pointing it out. Anyway, when I am back in OZ I will put up an old photo and a new one but just don’t have access to an old one right now that is suitably ghastly!

SJ unless it’s freezing, which it rarely is my part of oz it is zero. And while I am here it is the same because I wasn’t prepared to waste valuable suitcase space on pj’s! One suitcase for 4 months and more than one season.

SJ – that was Fit’s mother-in-law and choice of nightwear, not mine 🙂 . Sending you hugs after reading about daughters issues, take care of yourself dear… also, I wear pyjamas
    UpT – I agree about being discreet and mindful of lurkers.

Morning team, just gone 5.30am and it’s freezing. Quick post before my shower with my morning coffee. Loved your reply Fit 🙂 these days it’s jammies, but with so many big t,shirts now, instead of tossing them, they have been moved to the jammie drawer.
    Privacy is an issue no matter what we do or say online.Scams are a fact of life too these days. I don’t think we cover anything here which give our identities away but now with pictures we are out there 🙂
    The fact we are mature women makes a big difference, we are not vindictive or cruel, anyone crawling over us in silence would soon become bored I would think.
    Have a lovely day team, concious control of eating but enjoy what you eat, …xxxx

CG – you sure are an early riser! I used to wear big t shirts too until the night sweats and hot flushes started; nature has a funny way of solving one problem by causing another!!!!! 🙂 Hope all went well at the hospital xxx

Team! Have to report I lost 600 gms this week now down to 73.1 kilos… Hopefully will see a 72 something by end of this week, but if not, no problem. It will all happen in its own time!!

Woohoo, Lotus – bet you’ll make your target no problem and you’re right about doing it in your own time too. Well done!

Thanks Fit 🙂 I feel at peace regardless of the speed ( or not!) of progress. Our bodies are precious, flexible, finely tuned. I am just grateful to be alive and well and surrounded by loving people.

Good Morning Gang
    CG, all the best for your pre op appointment today.
    Gypsy, love love love your picture. Thanks for sharing.
    Lotus and GG, wow we are more of a family now. Now, so much looking forward to our next meet up in Sydney.
    Fit, dont worry, one fast day is more than enough to flush that extra sugar out of your system. Glad you enjoyed the treats and Chanel No 5… very classy 😉

Lotus, woohoo to the loss. That’s more than half a kilo already.. Well done gal….
    GG, you are so cute. Now you have two daughters to say “nooooo”…LOL You know what I mean!!!!

Upt, looking forward to see your before and after pictures..

SJ, for your photobucket issues, try this:-
    Click your id then user settings & check the albums tab then make sure the img code has a checkmark to its left that enables copying images.

If this doesnt work, then try opening photobucket in different browser like chrome.

and I wear pyjamas to bed as well. Funny last night I slept with a jumper on… It was so cold, I was feeling nice and warm, so didn’t want to take it off…

Fast day yesterday was good, finished at 490 cals, feeling very bloated for some reason.. But it will pass 😉
    FB

FD wasn’t going great for me but I was trying not to go over by too many cals when I remembered about the half box of chocolates in the cupboard……well, you can probably guess what happened next! So annoyed and disappointed with myself. I can’t seem to stop sabotaging my efforts; every time I’m doing well I go and ruin it all. Sorry, guys, for the downer 🙁

Fit- I also found the chocolates last night … must have been the cold night!. We all need our treat and yours and mine is the chocolate. remember YOU ARE NOT ALONE1
    Summer attire is Sky clad…..winter attire is PJ’s. and rose body cream.
    UP -You are right about leaving personnel info on an open forum. When CG and FB and I made contact I contacted the Fast Diet Tech and asked to have the info deleted in a specific time…. they were very helpful.
    iTS Oscar’s grooming day so we are having the works . He is such a handful to groom esp his nails that it is worth the $ to have him done .
    Have a great day…..GO GAL xxxxx

No Fit, this is exactly what we are all here for. So, no apologies required. I am the same with chocolates. If there are chocolates at home, they don’t last for long. i can resist anything but chocolates. Its a female thing I guess.
    Whatever is done is done, I will say move on and plan healthy eating for rest of the day.
    I understand the guilt, however, move on and don’t think about it anymore. Try and dont stock up on chocolate for a while and you will be fine. So, throw the guilt out and move on.. Hugs FB

For all of you girls(and guys!) with a sweet tooth – try this hack:

Instead of banana bread / cake – take two pieces of brown bread, light butter / oil spray on the outside. On one slice on the non-buttered side, put a generous amount of banana slices. Optional, sprinkle with a small amount of sugar (brown is tastier, but I never seem to have it at home!), top with the other slice, again non-buttered on the outside. Then toast in a sandwich / grill. Remember to keep the butter/oil to minimum or it will be greasy instead of crisp 🙂 Also brown bread, even rye is much tastier and closer to the banana bread taste, but feel free to experiment with bread and fruit combos. Mushier fruits work, as does stewed/canned pear, well-drained. Very crunchy or very liquid fruits wont work
    Its a delicious alternative to cake, with more fiber and less cals. Also good for “hiding” slightly overripe, bottom-of-the-bowl bananas.

Sorry! forgot, but will post a proper recipe on the recipe thread, as there are various combinations (even including choc-chips!) that will make a tasty alternative 🙂

Fit/GG/FB – That is my problem as well, although last night found the licorce.

Well done Lotus, a loss is a loss.

Thanks DiiP!

Hi team. Once more interesting reading and now too many people to reply to individually. But that’s good too because we are an interesting, well educated , kind group of people.
    I have a 5:2 App that I’ve been having a look at. I can’t remember where I got it from. Possibly iTunes or the App Store. Anyhow it has good recipes, calorie counter plays lots of discussions. Many people say how doable this way of life is and that one does not feel deprived and resentful as is so often the case with nearly all the other fad diets that are out there. I agree totally. I will be going into my fith month soon and am finding it easier to do all the time. I’ve lost almost ten kilos which I’m very happy about. I feel so much better both physically and mentally.
    Oh Gypsy great pic with your Fifty book. Has anyone read anything new and interesting of late? One of you is a librarian. Can’t remember which one now. I’m a fan of Kate Moroton and that ilk.
    OK must be off and get some nice hot soup for lunch. Very cold here too today
    Xx Doggy

Hope your soup was nice and hot Doggy, it is a cold day today! No books lately, been bitten by the chess bug, so playing it madly 🙂
    And, No one chatting today? What happened? All quiet on the Western and Eastern Seaboards ??

Hi team, back from a long morning at the hospital, saw so many people interested in my op, felt very important…. 25th June at 12.00 woohooo
    They weighed me, I told them I’m 75k, naked, she said don’t worry these scale always weigh heavy, everyone complains of that, and the fact you’re dressed, so don’t get a shock…77k fully dresses with boots and jacket 🙂 boy I felt proud, that’s with my sabotage last night, having two slices of toast and jam with my coffee! Grrrrr
    Also used to be 5’5″ NOW 5’4″ so that explains why when Glenn gives me a bear hug he always tells me I’m shrinking, does that mean my TDEE is wrong???
    Love the sound of the banana bread, will be having that Friday night, seems to be my pig out night of late, feel like a kid wagging school after a full on week of controlled eating!
    Anyway, that’s the great news, blood done, chest clear, so it’s all go ( if they don’t have an emergency) two emergencies have already put me back, but now all looks good 🙂
    Just so happy team, this HAS to work, I told THEM it will work, each time they came up with…well maybe this…maybe that..could happen…blahhh, no way…this WILL work!,
    Happy day team, staying with Glenn overnight with Maggie and the boys, he wants pizza tonight, everything is so close here in the burbs, who cares, it’s my celebration! Xxxxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 5,651 through 5,700 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.