August 2019 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
August 2019 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 534 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  WACM 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 536 total)

• Day 10 – follow up

My weight was 80.4kg out of the shower. Not great but lower than it was most of the winter. At 75kg my BMI would ~24.5 … going lower probably means losing some muscle as my body would be lean at 75kg. ( ~10% body fat )

All in all it isn’t bad since I missed so much fasting the last few weeks. I think a few years of fasting has really changed my eating patterns. I’m far from prefect but I’m more in control now than in the past.

Day 9 Ohio, US — FD

Just a quick check in. The FD has gone well. It is the first one that I have been able to do this month. Since my kitchen is now more or less functional, with any luck the regular schedule of FD’s will be reinstated starting Monday.

Have a great weekend all!

Day 10: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Work shortly, and we have stormy conditions to go with it, worse luck!

@shinything: Welcome back….WHAT a relief it turned out to be a cyst. Phew!

@dykask: I can guess how your wife feels about your son, but I hope she comes round to it. Our only daughter went to Australia (couldn’t be much further from us) on a three-year job contract last Christmas. Of course, she had this wonderful opportunity, but I felt torn….but you have to let them fly. There is skype and visits. it won’t be forever. Your son has a full scholarship and will be looked after. Good luck with everything.

Day 10 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

I had a successful CFD yesterday. More calorie counting, which I hate; but I’m getting better at it, and 9 days into the month I seem to be maintaining my goal weight.

@ktcaroline – my biggest trigger for overeating is probably when I’m watching TV in the evening, the couple of hours or so after dinner. Although I’m much better than I used to be, and it’s not a problem on FDs. Most of the time a (alcohol free!) drink will suffice.

Speaking of TV, I’m just on season 2 of Big Little Lies. It’s so good! – the acting, music, everything. I hope there’s a season 3, but I don’t think it’s in the works.

@shinything – welcome back.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Day 10 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

The rain is biblical right now 😱

@shinything so happy to hear you are ok. I missed you.

Have a great Saturday everyone. With that rainstorm outside I don’t reckon I will be doing much outdoors 😨

Day 10 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Our cat woke me at 6.30am wanting company, she had a seizure last night so I was happy to indulge her, we’re still working with the vet to get her anticonvulsant medication levels right. Now it would be a good time for a walk but no chance this morning…..pouring rain and wild winds, the kind that brings trees down, hope you stay safe on your delivery today @ciren2.

@shinything good to ‘see’ you again. Sorry to hear about your health scare but so glad it turned not to be anything worse than a cyst.

@matpi sounds like you are getting settled, wishing you happiness in your new home 🏠

Not sure what to do today, definitely something indoors! A NFD so will have to be mindful not to nibble…..@ktcaroline boredom can be a trigger for me.

Have a good weekend everyone 🙂

@ciren2, I think many women have a much harder time with these transitions than men. (Yes that is a totally sexist comment, but I live in Japan …) It does seem much harder on my wife than myself. She seems to think more about all the things that could go wrong vs all the things that could go right.

It isn’t helped by the fact that many IVY league schools seem only to have coed dorms these days. In Japan most dorms are strictly single gender and a man can’t even visit his daughter in a dorm room for example. At many schools now, not only are the dorms coed but students are required to live on campus for a period of time. That doesn’t help. I think it is things like this that really cause more concerns.

Personally I have a lot of concerns, but I strongly feel holding him back would be worse than letting him go. He isn’t an adult yet, but he isn’t really a child anymore either. He has chosen a path that I wouldn’t have, in fact one that I barely understand. Still it is his choice, not mine. If he didn’t know what he wanted to do and I had to pay for all of it, I would hold him back. That isn’t the case.

Frankly I’m not very good at understanding my wife’s feelings.

Day 10 UK CD

Yesterday morphed into NFD – full of healthy fruit & veg, but too much of it! I seem to have developed a bit of a habit of soya yogurt, appe, nuts, prunes and pumpkin seeds. I KNOW it sounds healthy but it’s also calorific! Must reset head.

Today I’ve got a proper day off and am enjoying the sound of wind in the trees – tho a little worried my enormous bonus sunflower may snap. It self-seeded in the midst of my lovely new planting and my gardening friend wanted to bin it, convinced it was a weed. Instead it’s in a pot and has grown like the proverbial beanstalk tho so water-hungry! O well, hopefully it’s strong enough to bend with it…

Feeling myself slip into witch-mode again – catching up on lotions and potions, prioritising picking fruit and diving deep into where I am rather than getting stressed about undone project stuff. Although there are issues with not going into town tomorrow I may still decide to stay home and enjoy being present.

I feel a real yearning to reground myself. So today is about yoga & meditation, reading, collecting elderberries and making a triple batch of facial moisturiser. That should see me thru the autumn…

@shinything lovely to see you again… and so glad your cancer scare was found to be a cyst xx
    @dykask well done on yesterday’s WFD 🙂
    @matpi great to hear you are getting settled in your new place 🙂

Whatever your day brings, go gently

Day 10, London, UK, NFD,

It’ll have to be a NFD since we brought home half of the Thai meal ………. I really can’t eat like I used to, but I’m still ordering for the ‘old’ me!!!

@shinything, now THAT news is a cause for celebration!!!! Good to see you back!!

I’m loving the stormy weather, from indoors of course!!

I hope the weekend fasters are feeling strong!!

Day 9-10, Québec, Canada

Yesterday was a great FD. Plus I went to bed around 9pm so I am feeling good this morning ! And proud of myself.

Today will be a NFD. The temperature is just perfect, sunny and light wind. The last few weeks were so hot and humid that it was almost impossible to do any exercice.

What triggers my eating « disorder » is mainly when I am too tired. I noticed that when I feel like eating eagerly it meens that I should go to bed…. and, good news, I am getting better at it. Not perfect but improoving !

Like many others it is easier for me to Fast. For instance, a few years ago I had been able to go without any chip for 2 years and no sweets for 3 months. However, the night my father died I almost ate a full gallon of Ice cream and a big cake and chips ! I’m glad to say that I am also improoving on that pitfall.

Stay strong everyone and have a nice weekend.

Work WAS hard today. Not only the stormy weather (and, yes, @missybear, there WAS a fallen tree blocking part of my delivery) we also had electoral roll letters from the council for EVERY house…..on a SATURDAY. Mean! The electoral roll is not even up-dated until October.

Had my X-ray for my hip/pelvis yesterday. Funny, the radiologist said she’d seen me delivering the mail. It turns out she lives on my delivery, which in the next town, twelve miles away. Small world! We both agreed my hips looked fine on the x-ray…..but I’ll have to wait a couple of weeks for the official consultant’s report. I’m still convinced it’s some kind of tendonitis, which won’t show on an x-ray. Since I increased my anti-inflamatories, the pain has eased a lot. I HAD tried to come off the pain-killers, and it seems they are just masking the problem.
    @dykask: your son will be 18 once he goes to Princeton, right? When is he due to go (assuming he does)?
    Maybe you and your wife will have some time to get used to the idea. I agree with you that it seems a little unwise (shall we say) to have mixed sleeping. Our uni students have their own rooms. Not that you can stop them once they’re out in the big wide world away from parents! Just hope you’ve brought them up to make wise choices.
    @michelinme: I hope your super-large sunflower has survived the day.

Day 10, UK, NFD

I feel better after a successful FD yesterday, I always like the feeling of lightness the next day 🙂 . My weight is nowhere near where I want it to be, but its ok, as long as I feel good that’s what matters.
    I got a bit of a shock today. I was sitting having a coffee in my living room while one wood pigeon was quietly eating in the garden, a regular visitor. All of a sudden he flew into my glass doors 😲. I was so shocked! Then I heard a bird screaming and saw a sparrowhawk landing in the garden with a screaming starling in its talons 😲. I run outside, barefoot, shooing and waving my hands like a mad woman 😲. Sparrowhawk tried to lift off and fly away with its pray but because I run towards them it let go, and starling flew in one direction while the sparrowhawk in the other! Even though it managed to fly away, I don’t know if it will survive because its definitely injured. I saw a couple of drops of blood on the grass 😥. You don’t expect to see violence and murder in your garden while you are trying to have a cup of coffee! 😮 😂

@ciren2, @funshipfreddie, @daffodil2010, @missybear, @michelinme, @flourbaby thank you 🤗, it was such a relief to be told its nothing malignant. Who would have thought one can be so happy to have a cyst 😂

@daffodil2010 glad to hear you are still making Bulgarian Kefir 😃, I’m about to order new one. I missed you too my friend 🤗

Have a great evening everyone 🌼

Day 10 USA (Illinois) NFD

Had a nice dinner out at our fave Italian restaurant last evening with some dear friends who were in town. Then they spent the night with us. We had to indulge in a key lime pie I got from Schwan’s. Oh my. It was all a delicious set of foods. At least with our 5:2 (or me 6:1) we can indulge every so often.

@shinything – great to see you back! Oh what a tale of birds! Hope they all survived, even the sparrowhawk. Around here are red-tailed hawks all over. https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Red-tailed_Hawk/id
    Their young fly over our area in the spring – have a very distinctive cry.

Okay – suppertime.
    Onward and downward.

Day 11 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Quick check-in. Wishing everyone a good S🌞nday.

Day 11: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

@shinything: On my delivery not so long ago, I came across a great kerfuffle and shrieking among a group of starlings. I looked and saw a hawk on the grass in the next garden with one of the birds under it’s feet. Same as you, I went towards it quickly and it flew off and the starling went the other way! I know they have to eat, but my instinct was to try and save the victim.
    Also, pigeons DO have a habit of flying into windows…our last house had large picture windows and once we came home and found a full imprint of a pigeon in flight on the glass. Every detail was there in a kind of powder!
    Did you hear about the seagull that recently snatched a tiny little dog from a garden right under the nose of one of it’s family members? Awful to even think about.

Day 11 – fasting day Australia
    A cold day here, hail and showers. My dog and I went for a 10 k walk. I had to carry him the last k as he lost his harness In the scrub. Majority of the walk he was off the lead chasing rabbits. Every day is a fast day for me. All or nothing that’s me. Looking forward to. Weigh in Monday night. Just watched my team in AFL.

Normally I’d polish off, Cinamon donuts, licorice bullets, a block of chocolate and a pack of twisties, all of it crap and full of self loathing afterwards. Surviving on a couple of black coffees until my eating period. Not struggling, but small steps. Making a concerted effort to eat quality food and keep away from the snacks.

Lucky that my body is finding the walks and rides are easier during Winter. I would struggle to do so during a long hot summers day. Wrong side of 50 and various meds for other conditions. The dog is pooped and I’ve a few blisters due to my new shoes, the Winters son is streaming through the window.

Hope everyone is doing well, wherever you are
    Cheers

Day 11, London, UK, NFD

Aiming for a CD today, I’ll be mindful & try to eat healthily but without restricting myself. I’m actually feeling like having breakfast, but I think it’ll release the dragon too early.

Perhaps I’ll just try to keep busy and have a lovely mocha to tide me over.

Have a good Sunday everyone!

Day 11 UK CD

Excellent reset NFD that became CD yesterday.. astonishingly easier than I’d thought. Aided by finally getting back into yoga & meditation after a week of exhausted buzziness.

I’m reminded that miracles can be achieved planning ahead a little, eating more mindfully and totting up calories before making decisions about pudding! What felt like an indulgent day turned out to be 1250 calories – helped by judicious counting of almonds & prunes. All it takes is time & attention… who knew?!! AND I had 7 portions of fruit & veg – and have some delicious leftovers for today 🙂

Slept like the dead and woke up late, delighted to have decided not to go to church today but stay home & rest. Lazy start, now for gentle adapted yoga & meditation then some reading in the garden and/or picking elderberries & blackberries. Everything has been early this year, my freezer’s pretty full of forraged plums and two long weekends away coming up … I can feel a day of fruit shrubs, cordials or finding space in the freezer – or my friends’!

@shinything @ciren2 Well done! I had the same shock/adrenaline rush in a Sparrowhawk Incident last year. The hawk had caught hold of a fledgling that was inside one of my pigeon-proof grain feeders just outside the back door. He was holding on through the bars, flapping and squawking while the baby sparrow was squeaking away caught in his claws and being pulled back through the bars… I added my own flapping, rushing outside & growling like a bulldog…the sparrowhawk flew off in one direction and the sparrow in another

BTW the sparrow that died in my garden a few days ago went to my sculptor friend to draw, then he’s going to bury it in his allotment. So it will be immortalised at some stage…

@ciren2 sunflower survived the storm! (And my post just survived computer shut down bc I’d forgotten to turn it on at the mains!)

Off to stretch… Whatever today brings, go gently 🙂

Day 11 NFD

Going ok – slow and steady for me slight downward shift on scales so hoping to improve next week

Day 11 USA (Illinois) NFD

Just had to have a 1/2 Bavarian cream frosted donut at our church treats this morning. Minor indulgence. Doing well though.

You Brits and those sparrowhawks … wow! I found this little You Tube video about them from the BBC. Fascinating guys. We have other hawks and a couple varieties of eagle here, but not those amazing creatures.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra6I6svXQPg

Onward and downward.

Day 11, Québec, Canada, NFD

A NFD today but I fell i am in control so everything is going well.

Tomorrow, Monday, will be my regular fast day. Hoping that after that one I will reach a steady 136 because I am now around 136 but playing yoyo.

Good luck everyone !

Day 12 – Australia – FD

Day 12 – Japan – WFD #58 I think

I’m already feeling some hunger, but it seems to be declining.

@ciren2, my son will be 19 in a few months. I’m planning on helping him move near the end of the month. We are pretty much out of time. The coed dorms aren’t ideal. However my son is at an age that he is gone most of the day anyway if he attends school in Japan. Most of Japanese are pretty conservative … but there is a wild fringe here too. I feel my son is at an age I can’t control him and I have to trust him.

Day 12: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Once again, just a very quick “hello” before work. I hope the rainy weather clears up and I don’t get wet on my delivery!
    @dykask: Your son must be very excited about the new life ahead. Good luck to him…he’ll be fine. Does he have a particular career in mind for afterwards?

Have a good Monday, everyone out there xx

Day 12 – Melbourne Aus – FD

Quick check in as getting smashed at work.

Was a fairly terrible weekend food wise, but managed no sugar on Saturday, and gym both days. That’s a positive.

I have been eating my emotions, which I am trying to be mindful of, but just going to take baby steps in getting through it.

Need to try and cut right back on sugar again, I notice such a difference when I do.

Will try catch up on posts later.

@dykask good to have you back!

Pocket List Day 12
    @windome-waif
    @dykask
    @gretta

Day 12 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Another week rolls in and another Monday FD. Have akready finished my workout for the 30DS, will start level 2 tomorrow so already anticipating sore arms 😆.

I have a small Oatbran bread sandwich to break my fast at 14.00 then a lentil and spinach soup for dinner. Early to bed. I want to get off this plateau!!!

Love all the bird talk. I don’t think I have ever seen a sparrow hawk and I live in a rural village. Just checked good old Google and apparently their numbers had severely declined recently but now on the up again. I know all the sparrow hawk tales are fairly harrowing but would still love to see one in action 😱

We saw wild condors in Peru which was pretty AMAZING 👍

So, this week, I really have to try to get off the plateau. It’s annoying me now. 5 days, two of FD and two good NFD, then try not to ruin it all on Friday.

So have a good Monday everyone. Let’s get on that pocket list.

Pocket List Day 12
    @winsome-waif
    @dykask
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010

Day 12 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

I’m having a bathroom renovated and a bedroom floor tiled. So you can imagine; noise, chaos. Should be done by Friday, and I’ll try to stick to my usual FDs. Just as well I’ve quit drinking or else I think I would’ve cracked open a bottle of merlot for breakfast 😳

@ciren2 – starlings?! They’re a bit of a nuisance where I live. We get the red-winged variety, and they can get nasty when they’re nesting. I recently hung up some CDs and windmills on my balcony to stop them from pooping everywhere. They don’t like the shiny reflection. So far it’s done the trick.

Good luck to today’s fasters! 🍏

Pocket List – Day 12
    @winsome-waif
    @dykask
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie

Day 12 – Reading, UK – CD

I’ve had a couple of days trying to recover from an infection, so fasting has not been on my mind. On the mend now, but will be taking it easy. So apologies for radio silence over the weekend, and I’ve yet to catch up on all the posts. Typically, work is busy and I was off a couple of days last week due to illness.

But – none of that stops the daily question! Today’s question is – what are the ideal circumstances that make it easy/possible for you to fast?

Day 12 – UK – FD

I hope you’re soon back up to speed, @ktcaroline. In answer to the question, the best circumstances that help me fast is having everything planned out and to be busy at work and late home from the office. I think it’s clear anything that distracts me from hunger is the winner!!

I didn’t have the ‘best’ weekend, eating-wise. I hopped on the scales yesterday morning and I was 1lb up from Friday which was better than I expected to be honest. I haven’t weighed myself this morning. I drank a bit of alcohol (4 G&T’s across the weekend) and had a Chinese with a friend who was having a bit of a rough time on Friday. All in all I didn’t eat too much of it so although not idea, it could’ve been worse. Also, I must remind myself that this is the joy of the 5:2, in that you can find a balance. Saturday and Sunday ended up being a bit scatty and I didn’t actually eat a proper meal on both days…. just some small picky bits. I would’ve been pretty high on cals though (inc the gin) so today is a big reset.

Adding myself to the pocket list:
    Pocket List – Day 12
    @winsome-waif
    @dykask
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @babs_b

Day 12 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

@ktcaroline glad you’re feeling better. The best way for me to ensure a good FD is to have planned for it and to know exactly what I will eat/drink……and to drink plenty of water and have Marmite tea in reserve for any weak moments.

Pocket List – Day 12
    @winsome-waif
    @dykask
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @babs_b
    @missybear

Onwards 🙂

Day 12 – UK – FD
    Day 9 – 11 – NFD

Lots of indulgence since last posting but back to my usual Monday FD – started the day off with my regular Broga Class this morning.

Weather over the weekend here has been a bit wet but we have blue skies and sunshine again today although early this morning the temperature was down to around 10 degrees …..a bit cool for August!!!!

Made a very healthy rhubarb and ginger crumble yesterday with the last of my rhubarb crop from the garden and served with homemade custard 😋

@quebecoise – sorry to hear about your sister’s dog – always sad to lose a pet as they are part of the family and being far away from your baby sister leaves you feeling helpless to support her 🤗
    @dykask – lovely to hear from you – wondered what had happened to you – sorry to hear about your mum’s passing, although it sounds like you lost her to dementia a while ago – such a horrible illness! I am sure that you and your family will find a way to move forward with regards to all the other issues going on in your life by supporting each other – we have to let our children try their wings 🤗
    @ktcaroline – hope the new antibiotics are helping x Biggest trigger for overeating is…….seems to be lots of things in my case……..and unfortunately unlike some here I can still eat a lot once I start…….
    @shinything – lovely to hear from you and what wonderful news to find that lump was benign – such relief! Do stay in touch xx I too miss @snowflake56 and her positiveness! What an entertaining tale about the birds in your back garden – nature can be cruel but also beautiful!
    @penz – new puppies do take a lot of time and effort but as my DD said all worth it!
    @matpi – welcome back and good to hear that you are in your new place at last and well done on that first FD for August – positive steps
    @ciren2 – did think of you when we had torrential rain on Saturday 🌧☔️ Good news if your hips are OK
    @daffodil2010 and @shinything – I too switched over to Bulgarian Kefir some time ago and much nice taste and texture and OH has started dipping into my jar so have had to increase the amount I make!!!
    @lgbran – I have been hearing about your cold spell from my family who live in Victoria ❄️❄️
    @ktcaroline – In answer to today’s question – the best circumstances that help me fast is to keep busy and have plenty of organised exercise and having a good mindset helps

Positive vibes to all in need of support with their Fasting and life in general – TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!

Day 12 Pocket list
    @quebecoise
    @winsome-waif
    @dykask WFD
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @babs_b
    @missybear
    @at

“Instead of indulging in ‘comfort food,’ indulge in comfort meditation, comfort journaling, comfort walking, comfort talking, comfort manicures, comfort reading, comfort yoga, comfort hugging.”
    – Karen Salmansohn

Day 12, London, UK, NFD,

4th NFD in a row, I need to get used to this as 5:2 will be my WOL, so fear of the NFD needs to be managed better than I’m doing it now!!! Today WILL be controlled & mindful!!

@funshipfreddie ……………….. “I would’ve cracked open a bottle of merlot for breakfast” ……………… sounds good to me, I’m waiting for the breakfast invitation!!!!

Having said that, Fridays’ Thai & wine meal means the scales are heading in the wrong direction, I could have tried a Saturday FD to cancel out the indulgences, but fasting at home is soooo hard for me. I can’t wait to get back to work tomorrow, just so I can fast!! The remainder of August WILL be dry!!!

Keep the faith folks ……………………

“You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” – C.S. Lewis

Day 12 UK FD

Day 12 UK FD

Good weekend of CDs with lots of healthy food – despite being at home with plenty of choices!

Today is going to be a proper FD – lots of water, marmite tea, early supper of some sort of spicy lentil soup -thanks for the inspiration @daffodil2010 🙂

After faffing away the morning in gentle pottering, now for yoga & meditation and an afternoon at the grindstone. Picking one or two projects to catch up so I can let them go until after holidays… Avoiding the usual anxiety about being late or not quite right. Today I’m not worrying about the volume, going for good enough and then letting go. And BALANCE. Some time picking fruit, reading outside, listening to the birds, making soup, early night.

@ktcaroline hope you feel better. Thanks for another good question! What makes things work better is sleep!! Plus some prep and planning – a good plan means I’m less tempted bc I already know i have stuff waiting for me in the fridge. Gives the will power something solid to fall back on 🙂

@gretta counting what works is a great way to gently move towards healthy. Baby steps and lots of encouragement changed more minds than shouting ever did 🙂 xx

Day 9_ Atlanta, Ga- USA- CD.

Had a crummy weekend. Battling a head cold. Feeling much better today though. Having a Controlled Day today. Gonna stick below my TDEE. Ate kinda bad this weekend, but I’ll make up for it this week. Not going to get too down on myself for that. Having some issues with my car so I’ve been kinda down. Not going to give into it. Gonna stay positive. Here’s to a great week!!

Postal deliveries were quite easy today, not excessively heavy mail, reasonable weather…I did get one soaking….but otherwise all the showers missed me! The fallen tree has been cleared up, so I was able to get mail the the five rural addresses that missed out on Saturday.
    @ktcaroline: Get well soon…glad things are improving for you xx
    @therealwil78: Sorry you’re feeling poorly, not great, having a cold in the summer. Doesn’t seem right, or fair. Get well xx
    @funshipfreddie: Builders in the house! Stressful and noisy. Roll on Friday for you.
    @gretta: ((hugs)) hope you feel better soon.

Day 12 Melb Aust NFD

Two TDEEs at the weekend, and a NFD last Friday instead of the intended FD – probably because I exhausted myself midweek by digging out a cherry tree. Not too tall, after pruning about 8-9 foot, but quite a thick trunk for a not so tall tree. Anyway, I was feeling blah for the next few days, and didn’t feel able to fast. Friends took the tree for their place, and before you ask – the husband is awaiting knee joint replacement surgery so couldn’t have dug it out. I was gently scolded though for not asking for help from one of the young guys at church. I literally didn’t think of asking for help, though. My tree, my responsibility to get it out, but I guess when you’re nearly 70, it wasn’t the wisest thing to do!! 🙂

Okay, enough – to answer your last two questions, @ktcaroline, like several others, both insufficient sleep and stress are triggers for me to eat unwisely; ideally, plenty of sleep and lack of stressors both aid my self-control and thus success at this WOL.

Onward and downwards!

Day 12 California. NFD

Week 2 of maintenance and I’m within 1.8 lbs of my low point so I’m happy with that but will have to see how it goes over the next month
    It’s been typical warm July/ August weather here so it makes it challenging to sleep.
    In answer to the question of what makes it hard to fast I would say weekends as I’m not so busy and the urge to snack comes over me.

Day 12, Québec, Canada, FD

Hello everyone.

@ktcaroline
    Going to bed early, having outdoor activities and having good food ready …. helps me to eat properly and be proud of myself !

@dykask
    About your son, I think that if he wants to do something he will do it even if he is living near his parents. After all, he is 19 years old ! Seems that the first sexual experience is around 17.
    Knowing that, I believe that the best attitude as a parent would be to support him and make sure he has condoms with him and knows how to use them. He must know how important it is both for him and his partner(s) and commit himself to use it. I hope I am not annoying you with my opinion. And if it is so, please excuse me. Just trying to help since I studied and worked with young people.

I hope everyone is having a great Monday !

Day 12 Ohio, US —MFD
    Day 10 — NFD
    Day 11 — NFD

Still unpacking and still no internet. The last three days have been good for keeping on track for wise eating. Haven’t weighed myself this month yet, since I just unpacked the scale today, but don’t have a place to set it up. Little by little! (That’s also a good motto for losing weight.)

Hope everyone has had a good start to the week!

Day 13: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD:

Rather an uncontrolled few days, so trying to get back on track now I’m at work. my main aim is not to eat after my “coming-home-meal” that finishes around 3.30pm. I don’t eat at work (well except a couple of squares of dark chocolate) so only breakfast of porridge before that. A LARGE bowl, admittedly!

See you later, I have to go now. xx

Day 13 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

The racket continues. I thought the really noisy bit would be done on day 1, but I guess not. Still, they told me the tiling will start tomorrow, and they could be done on Thursday. Anyway, I’m going to leave them to it and sneak out for a nice lunch later. 🛠

@ktcaroline – ideal fasting circumstances. As others have already said, planning is key. Planning what & when I will eat. A positive mindset. Plenty of activities to keep busy, and decent weather to get outside for an hour or two.

Have a good day everyone 🌈

Day 13 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Good FD yesterday however also finished the day with a good handful of cashew nuts…they really do help in the sleep department but they are so addictive too. I know it brings up my calorie count….so decision needs to be made between decent nights sleep or losing pounds……hmmmmmm….that’s actually a tough one. Thoughts?

I also need to get a calorie counter. I fear I am underestimating and that maybe one of the reasons I am still on this blooming plateau. I used to count with my FitBit tracker but have left the tyranny of FitBit a good year now. Perhaps get My Fitness Pal or something?

Today is NFD but don’t plan to eat anyway until lunch. A nice egg and Mayo sandwhich on my home baked oat bran bread. Dinner will be a mince beef, pepper, chick pea and chilli (hand picked from my garden 😄 )with konjac rice.

@ktcaroline Planning! It’s the key to this WOL and having a good FD. Setting the date for the FD, have everything ready, then sticking to your guns and looking forward to the results.

@funshipfreddie Nothing like the screech of a tile cutter to have one on edge!!

@missybear meant to day yesterday, hope all ok with your kitty? My Missie took two seizures over the winter but they were directly related to the gas heater on the patio being turned on…the tick, tick, tick, BOOM..and that sent her into a fit. Horribly scary to see, but she recovered well both times. Vet said its nothing to worry about 😨

Have a great Tuesday all. 13th of the month already. Next month on the 13th I have vowed to get to 129lbs for my Holiday….but that’s giving me right now 4 weeks to lose 8lbs….and seeing as I am on the plateau since December…can it be done??? Let’s see..

Day 13 – Ireland – CD
    Hi all, I’ve had a busy weekend and havent read posts…. busy célébration weekend for a good friend and then time spent with my parents… didn’t go mad with sugar, alcohol and chocolate but lots of crisps and good good cheese 🧀… 😬
    Would like to FD today but cycling tonight so may need to eat more than 500 cals so will stay off the pocket list…
    Good luck to those of you fasting today 💪
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 13- Reading, UK – CD

Thank you everyone for both get well wishes, and loads of brilliant answers. I’m learning so much with these daily questions!!! Planning may be one of my missing ingredients!

Today’s question – who is your inspiration when it comes to keeping healthy and slim? Do you have a role model? A family member, friend or celebrity who inspires you?

Day 13, London, UK, FD

Back to work and away from my own kitchen temptations!!!

I’m not sure exactly what my triggers are, but if I can see ‘it’ or even just knowing ‘it’s’ in the house, I MUST have it!!! It can be tortuous on a FD but I can play ostrich and forget about ‘it’, there are times when resistance really is futile, but I’m not sure why!! As for what greases my fasting wheels? Planning, Planning, PLANNING is essential & an upcoming event requiring a slinky dress is always a good kick in the pants for me!!! Otherwise I seem to just plod along, trying to maintain the mojo, not getting too stressed or upset with the bouncy-bouncy scales ………………… providing there’s equal downs to the ups!!!!

@daffodil2010, I would choose sleep over EVERYTHING!!! It’s my favourite thing in the world!!! Seriously though, a good nights’ sleep sets you up for a ‘good choice’ day in all aspects of life, not just food!! Sleep is a key health marker so I would choose cashews over calories ……………………… or you could try magnesium oil on the soles of your feet?

@jaifaim ………………………………… I’m salivating over the ‘good, good, cheese’ ………………………. My biggest vice, alongside red, red wine!!! Fabulous on their own, put them together and I’m lost!!!

Time to pull my finger out again and knuckle down (i.e. – stop cheating & treating)!!!

“If you wouldn’t say it to a friend, don’t say it to yourself.” – Jane Travis

Day 13 UK CD

Good FD yesterday at last- phew! Largely thanks to spending time making a nicely spicy lentil & veg soup. Ate a large portion, put one in the fridge for today/tomorrow and three in the freezer. Also drank 3 litres water and 2 cups of marmite tea – thanks to @daffodil2010 and @missybear for the reminders

I have a real sense of achievement after a whole 3 days at home getting back into yoga & meditation, eating lots of fruit and veg – and not going too overboard with the dried fruit & nuts. Having learnt that 14 almonds =100 calories, I’m finding it easier to stick with that. Information is always so helpful in giving my brain a quick answer when tempted to mindlessly eat!

Not so good on the early night as I got stuck faffing on the laptop, but it’s all useful. Still feeling the benefit of the weekend’s rest and time to declutter my head and plan a little. The fridge is nearly empty but the cupboards are full so I don’t think I’m going to starve when I get back from being away!

@ktcaroline I don’t have a role model for health & fitness, but I have plenty of role models for living your best life within your particular circumstances of health, capacity and environment. I’ll often learn by watching others and seeing what works or doesn’t work for them, and pick up ideas from all over the place.

Time to boogie – whatever your day brings, go gently x

Day 13 USA (Illinois) NFD

Been doing well with fairly good control lately. Maintaining well.

Onward and downward.

Day 13, VA, USA, FD

yesterday a bit more like a CD instead of an FD, but the scales still went down so yay! I’ve got a busy day of teaching 5 classes so I may not be checking in until late tomorrow and tomorrow will be presenting it’s own challenges. Packed with appointments.

Pocket List Day 13
    @rabbette
    @flourbaby

Day 13 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

So busy with domestic chores today the day has flown by.

@daffodil2010 Sleeping well is vital for good health and well-being so I would prefer to carry a few extra pounds if the cashews are working for you. But you may find sleeping well results in more energy meaning you are more active, burn more calories and don’t get the over tired urge to snack…..so perhaps there won’t be a gain 🤞 Thanks for asking about our cat, she is responding well to the medication and we’re daring to hope we will have her with us for a long time yet 😻

Hope today’s fasters are having a good day….stay strong 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 536 total)

You must be logged in to reply.