August 2019 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
August 2019 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 534 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  WACM 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 536 total)

• Day 2 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – CFD

Quick check-in. Good luck if you’re fasting today 🍏

Day 2 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Glorious sunshine and it’s the Friday of the bank holiday weekend. Yay!

We were babysitting our 3 year old Grandaughter last night so there was pizza for dinner, plus a welcome bottle of wine to share once the little power house of 3 y.o. exuberance went to bed! Despite that, no gain. Yay again!

@ktcaroline my goals for August are to see the back of 133lbs…for good! That means I have inched off my 133-140lbs plateau…..mind you, less of the wine (see above 😆) would possibly help!

Good news, my work contract is due to finish end of this month but I have been recommended to cover a maternity leave in another department so if all goes well, I will be set up for at least until the middle of next year. As we are planning “The Big Trip” from circa next August, this is ideal. Hopefully it will be confirmed in the next few weeks. So I do believe that things are falling into place the way they are meant to be….

Oh and I was soooooooo hungry all morning in work yesterday. I could have eaten my lunch at 10am. In fact I felt a tad hungover. Lacking in salt maybe but I had taken some pink salt and knocked back a good deal of water. I prevailed though and hung on until 2.30 to eat. My saviour was half an oxo cube dissolved in hot water as a drink. As @michelinme said, those salty marmite/vegemite or in my case bouillon or stock cubes really help.

@flourbaby Come on back to the Shred, Jillian awaits 😨😨. What I am doing now is just going through the 30 days on a rota….but not every day, so now back to Level 1 and gosh, my legs are feeling it from all those jumping jacks and squats. In another week or so it’s Kevel 2 so my arms will be next. I have to say, although I am still wobbly on the tum the side obliques and abs are starting to be seen!!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 2 – Reading, UK – FD

It’s sunny here in Berkshire – thinking of @ciren2 out in the fresh air and @daffodil2010 with joyful 3 yo. @gielle – what’s NED? I’m trying to keep track of all the acronyms …

Today’s question is inspired by @missybear who is keeping going with a reward at the weekend. What’ YOUR motivation to keep going when the Hunger Dragon is snapping at your heels? Do you reward yourself? Do you have an image in your mind? What’s your inspiration?

Onwards and downwards happy fasters.

Today’s pocket list:

@ktcaroline

Day 2 Oxfordshire UK
    Sunny day today so DH & l are out for the day with our 2.5 yr old cocker. He (the dog) makes sure I get my 10k steps in and DH does his best not to tempt me with sweet treats.
    NFD today

Day 2 UK NFD

Easing myself back to my routines gently Had a lovely Pilates class this morning and hoping to get a good walk in later. Gradually cutting back on biscuits etc

Day 2 – Ireland – NFD
    Hi all I’m in for August and thanks @ktcaroline for hosting us!
    I’ll start posting properly next week as we have a bank holiday this weekend and I’ll be spending it with family and want to simply enjoy the time.
    I am committed to getting back on track from Tuesday on ➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️
    Wishing you all the best for a good start to this month 👍
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 2- Atlanta, Ga- USA CD. I did okay yesterday. Stayed below my TDEE. Although I had originally planned to stay below 800 cals. Not sure what my goal is for today, but I plan to take it slow and steady. Thinking before I leap so to speak. Happy Friday everyone!

Day 1 & 2 – USA (Illinois) NFD

Greetings to all! I’m another one of the old-timers (in every respect). I began 5:2 March 2016 needing to lose at least 35 pounds. Began with @coda in May and was able to reach my goal of 160 pounds (72.5 kg) by January 2017. I have been on maintenance since then. But even 6:1 can be a tough road without the wonderful support of everyone here. This weight does keep away many wrinkles I would normally have. 🙂 BMI right at 25.

I’m a 71-year-old retired school music teacher who keeps plenty busy with activities. I’ve been married 50 years, 4 children scattered all over, 5 granddaughters. I direct our local townspeople choir, work on a Children’s Museum in town, president of a P.E.O. chapter, do church music, and try to get to Silver Sneakers 3x per week and yoga. Avid sports fan. Health has been very good (thank the Lord) except for 3 degenerated disks in my lower back.

I look forward to another month with some of the greatest people in the world. Welcome newbies and howdy to everyone.

Onward and downward.

Ow….I got stung by a wasp on my delivery today. It got stuck in the fold of my sock, it wouldn’t stop stinging me until I released it…..makes a change from being bitten by dogs, I suppose! Actually that doesn’t happen often, to be fair to dogs.

@songbirdme: You never cease to amaze me at all the activities you manage to fit in. Also, 50 years….you’re well up on our 32!
    @suki2: There’s nothing like a dog to make you go out (in all weathers) walking! Mine has a habit of staring at me just as I’m thinking of going to bed at night! Of course, I know what she’s saying…

Day 2 – UK – CD

Went out with our running/walking group this morning and 3 of us normal walkers decided to push ourselves a bit and do a run/walk and ended up doing more running 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️ felt really good. It was a lovely sunny morning with a bit of breeze – just right!

Therefore today’s 2nd FD will end up being a CD staying around 1000cals – must stay focused on that!!!

@gielle – a big welcome to you – stay with us and you’ll find lots of support and advice 🤗
    @daffodil2010 – 🤞that the maternity leave contract ends your way – some things are meant to be and it sounds perfect for you with your plans for travelling next year
    @ktcaroline – re today’s question = my motivation is that I don’t want to go back to where I used to be…..
    @songbirdme – I think I missed out on sending my congratulations on your 50th wedding anniversary – how wonderful for you both 💑 you have just over a decade on OH and I – 39 years for us in November.
    @ciren2 – definite Ouch…..there certainly is a lot of wasps around at the moment – can make sitting out with any food unpleasant. BTW I highly recommend tea tree oil application to the sting – works well.

Some general advice for those new to this WOL
    *Stick to the basic plan for the first couple of months – it works!!
    *On NFD eat to the TDEE FOR THE WEIGHT YOU WANT TO BE and NOT your current weight and you will lose weight faster! and find it easier to adjust to smaller portions once you reach your target!
    *Don’t overestimate your exercise level!!!
    *Don’t add the calories lost due to exercise into your daily calorie allowance as it is already taken into account when you work out your TDEE!
    *Try to drink at least 2L of water daily

Have a good weekend everyone wherever you are in the world and whatever you are doing – ENJOY LIFE AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH DAY AS THIS IS NOT A REHEARSAL…….

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow” Albert Einstein

Day 2 UK CD

Nose to grindstone today… drinking lots and trying to make sense of the urgent emails. Head in holiday mode and everything super slow – including eating, phew.

I weigh daily but track weekly… so my regular Friday weigh-day showed me at a smidge under 140lbs. I’m going to call it 140 and use it as baseline for the month… aiming to lose 2lbs despite yummy summer food and a lazy holiday – what could possibly go wrong?!

Whatever your day brings, here’s to practicing the pause – esp in the face of temptation!

Day 2 – Stratford upon Avon, UK – NFD

Yaay! Happy to be able to eat today. Staying mindful and enjoying every bite! Lovely evening here so a dog walk (via the pub!) is on the cards for later.

Lovely to read peoples stories! Hints and tips on how to stay on track are always welcome. I swear by fizzy water too and a cup of Bovril (too warm for that at the moment though!)

Looking forward to making some good progress this month.

Day 2, VA, USA, CD
    Day 1, FD

Well a bit about me… Pink & Teal hair, 42, yoga teacher. I have a darling sweetheart and two Brilliant cats Kamoki (she knows 10 tricks) Birdie (she knows 9 tricks) tricks meaning you give commands + hand signal for trick like sit, high-five, spin, jump etc and they do it. Yes you can train cats.

The past month I was shocked! I did manage to lose -7.6 lbs I felt like my number was the same for so long this month and then the whoosh! Whew, sometimes you just go to hold out.

I’ve been with this WOL since February of this year and I just hit the -40lbs that means only -27ish to go. I know those last lbs could be some buggers, so I’m gonna pull my bootstraps real tight!

Speaking of my kitties, Birdie desperately wanted my attention yesterday and I did not have time to make a post. She is a very good sweet kitty, but when she is feeling playful she needs a good hour of play or more. She’s not like that every day (thank the gods and goddess), but when she gets that playful whim it is best to just try and wear her out, otherwise she gets frustrated and slightly destructive.

I had a pretty good fasting day, although I may have went to about 600 cal b/c our dinner was just so awesome! It involved grilling stuffed peppers!

Today going to aim for CD – I usually start my Friday with just water and then see how it pans out for supper. I have a heck of a notion that wants sushi this weekend and may just convince the sweetheart we need it on Saturday. Haha

Cheers

2nd post

I’m a charts/data kind of gal. I love looking at data and what is interesting is that this is my first time I have had a month back to back that was a pretty good loss and similar to the month before. I’ll take it. I would love it if it were a trend for the next month or two. (Sending positive vibes to my mind and body to keep the wagon steady)

Stats/Numbers for data purpose only (haha)
    Scale readings.
    All in lbs

Jan 28th___184.0
    Feb 1st____176.4
    March 1st__174.6
    April 1st____170.6
    May 1st____162.0
    June 1st___159.4
    –7.0
    July 1st____152.4
    Aug 1st____144.8___BMI___25.0

So last month surprised me with a -7.6lbs yeah buddies. I swear I was at a stall for the first 3 weeks of the month and then wooosh!

I also know I will be traveling cross country for about 3 weeks (and I plan to stick to my guns on FDs and/or possibly OMAD) What ever works better. I mean if there is a restaurant that we see that looks super cool YES I’m going to stop and enjoy a lovely meal. But if its just to stop and eat, b/c I think its just time to eat forget it. Gonna need to be very strategic about this for my SO as they have a hard time keeping their weight, so they will need to eat more often.

@ciren2 – oh my gosh the wasp kept stinging… oh how is your ankle? Is it swollen? You poor thing.

@at – great advice & reminders for this WOL

@ktcaroline – goal for August to fully embrace not being hungry, and recognize when I just ‘want’ something and try and think about in the ‘want’ moment what is the BETTER choice to make (without feeling deprived)

@suki2 – I didn’t see if someone answered your ? Most folks just fill in their FD if they fasted… But you can fill out the spreadsheet the way you said as long as it allows you to put numbers. I think it does…

@karmacatkeeper – welcome to the forum, I do find sharing on this forum very helpful and good tips and tricks for staying on track.

@betsylee – awwww a ginger tabby. I have a girl Tuxedo Cat, her name is Birdie and a Tabico cat named Kamoki.

@missybear – you give me hope when I get to maintenance. I’ve actually been a bit nervous about failing once I get to maintenance… so now I know just keep a wise eye and keep on with this WOL.

@michelinme – thank you for sharing the dropping 3 sizes. I do notice on my plateaus that my clothes get looser. So yeah the weight on the scale is not the only measurement.

Day 3: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

It’s going to be on the HOT side today, I reckon, for delivering mail anyway. Phew!
    I’m taking three bottles of water and a wet cloth, all stored in the fridge overnight.
    @rabbette: The ankle is slightly swollen where the wasp stung me, but it actually doesn’t show much….considering how painful it was! More itchy today.
    @at: Unfortunately I had NOTHING to ease it….I tried the damp cloth I was carrying (it wasn’t cold enough) then the Freeze spray I also carry for my aches and pains (that didn’t help it at ALL!). I think Freeze spray works well on arthritis, strains etc, but certainly not wasp stings.

Right, must fly now….time for work.
    See you later, team xx

Day 3 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

I tried a CFD yesterday. The first one I’ve done, I think. For me it really just meant a small lunch, in addition to my usual OMAD on FDs; but I actually found myself a bit hungrier in the afternoon.

@rabbette – I like your August goal:- “to fully embrace not being hungry, and recognize when I just ‘want’ something and try and think about in the ‘want’ moment what is the BETTER choice to make (without feeling deprived).” So often we think we’re hungry, when it’s just our taste buds wanting to be entertained.

A good quote for taking one’s weight loss journey one day at a time:-

“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius

Day 3 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Chocolate in work yesterday and I grazed. Then crisps and beer in the evening. Although I normally am good in work and ignore the treats I had already given myself permission that all bets were off as it was bank holiday Friday!!

So to answer @ktcarolines question….I need to give myself a good talking to when the hunger dragon is snapping at my heels and tell myself I can have it TOMORROW! That usually work. And then when tomorrow comes I don’t normally want it.

Have a great Saturday

Day 3, London, UK, NFD,

Well, not the stellar start to August I had hoped for, I forgot to post yesterday, busy, busy, busy, dentist, Pilates, shopping etc. then decided pasta & wine sounded good for dinner!!! Doh!!! I know that the only thing that works is to have a plan and stick to it!!! So today I’ll be planning this weeks meals and that WILL be that!!!…….. And…… NO………..More…………WINE!!!…………… Epic Arid-August Fail!!!!

@daffodil2010, I’m so envious of your progress, I was there at one point, the abs were showing themselves………………. The 1st time I saw them I was concerned about the weird swelling on my tummy !!!! LOL!!! Level 1, Day 1 is today, no excuses!!!

@ktcaroline, I’m going to put some serious thought into your question, I think it’s exactly what I need to help me avoid any pitfalls along the way and surprisingly, I don’t have an image or aim to motivate me, I suppose after all this time on 5:2 (It really is my WOL) I’ve become a bit complacent, just plodding along. It works either way, but a boost to motivation can’t be a bad thing!!

@funshipfreddie, gone are the days when we could have breakfast, elevenses, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner & dessert!!! NOW we know this isn’t normal and know we CAN survive without food for more than 10 mins!!! When I look back on the way I used to eat, the word MINDLESSLY seems apt!!! If there’s one thing this WOL has taught me, it’s that there really, truly is a dragon in my tummy and if you let him sleep for as long as possible, until he wakes up naturally, then feed him something filling & nutritious he’s happy (I love OMAD!!), if you wake him up early, before he’s ready then you’ll be forced to feed him at regular intervals, otherwise his roar becomes louder & louder and although water will silence him usually, once he’s had one morsel of food ……………… all bets are off!!!!!

It’s the start of a fasters (mine!) nightmare …………………. The weekend!!! Time to be VERY vigilant, I need to remember to say NO!!!

Happy fasting folks!!

Day 3 – Reading, UK – CD

Hello everyone! Hoping @ciren2 is feeling better (nasty), and @flourbaby don’t be too hard on yourself – Friday evening is a tough time to be good – certainly in my house.

@funshipfreddie – is a CFD like a FD only with a bit more to eat? I think all my FDs are a bit like that …

@rabette – wow! what a wonderful chart that makes – a great loss. I keep my weight in a database and create charts and comparisons. But it’s my job (the data thing, not making charts of my weight!)

@yo-yo fletch – I’m with you on the Bovril thing (only marmite is my thing) it absolutely keeps the hunger dragon at bay. And also just how good food tastes when you’ve gone without. It almost makes it worth it!

This weekend’s questions – Who is most supportive of your 5:2 efforts? And who is most likely to derail your efforts?

For me its my OH – very supportive, but also the most likely to derail everything …. Although when I think about that question a little more – maybe it’s me who derails things?

Day 3 UK NFD

Quick check in – will catch up with all posts tomorrow x

USA Day 3 FD

Just a quick checkin! I have been a ovo lacto vegetarian for a month now and it is really going well! Fresh veggies sautéd in extra virgin olive oil is yummy, so much flavor! It has turned out to be so easy for me so onward I go! Good luck to all you fasters today to all a great weekend! Didn’t see a list of fasters so I will start one!

Day 3

@ccco

I’m here. It’s been nuts.
    This month is going to be insane.
    Soccer is coming. 3 different teams. Mercy!
    Homeschool co-op starts near the end of the month. I have a class to teach. High school age. Oldest daughter has a dual enrollment class at the college. Volunteering for both her and teen son. Madness is about to descend.

I’ll be posting properly Monday.
    More busy to deal with right now though.
    ttfn

Hi Can you under eat first fast day only ate 300 and 900 today.

@lilacsparkle: Some people only drink water on a fast day…..so anything up to 500 is a fast day, and fine. 900 is more of a “controlled day” (CD) I would say. Other days, eat “normally” (within reason)!

Day 3 – Iceland – FD

Today ist my first FD of the month, as yesterday and the day before were filled with birthday parties (not mine, but I did indulge). Like @flourbaby I have learned that planning is the only thing that works, so I plan to plan every week ahead and do 4:3 for the rest of the month.

@yo-yo-fletch – loved your post and think many of us have similar experience with weight loss/gain…
    @rabbette – great weight-loss chart, well done!

Day 3 Pocket List
    @ccco
    @borealis

Day 3 UK EFS

Perhaps not quite EFS but certainly v indulgent! Community day trip to seaside, I joined everyone in eating… chips, icepops, hot chocolate & lentil chips! I’m going to balance it out now with a late supper of vegan kofta kebabs and salad followed by strawberries bc I need a few vitamins!

Today marks the beginning of my …. not quite holiday. But no meetings or going into town for anything, no meetings or time commitments, jsut some project work to finsih up. Hopefully I’ll do much of my catching up next week, interspersed with a bit of decluttering and fruit picking. The next couple of weeks will be decluttering, making chutney and a few days away.. what’s not to love?!

Feeling pretty wiped after long travel days and lots of activity… food, bath, long sleep – and NO ALARM!!!

@borealis welcome back
    @ciren2 so sorry about your wasp – hope you mend well
    @ccco vegetarian is a great way to go 🙂
    @stardustdream sounds incredibly hectic – good luck!
    @flourbaby LOVED your dragon description!
    @daffodil2010 thanks for the reminder re Tomorrow mantra
    @rabbette so much wisdom – and so much weight lost! 40lbs in 6 months is phenomenal – well done 🙂
    @funshipfreddie CDs not compulsory – many people stick to basic 5:2 – because it works!

Food, bath, sleep. Whatever your weekend brings, practice that pause 🙂

Day 3 – UK – NFD

Busy day – definitely a NFD and above TDEE but a fun day enjoying the sunny hot weather with friends!

Will catch up with posts tomorrow hopefully – Night all…….😴

Day 4 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@ktcaroline – CFD is the same as a CD, ie 1200 calories.I don’t know where that number comes from. But for me that’s about half my TDEE. I just don’t want to be doing 3 FDs per week forever, now that I’m in maintenance. Maybe two will work, plus an occasional CD. Still figuring it out.

As for the questions, ‘who is most supportive? and who is most likely to derail your efforts?’ I tell very few people about my fasting WOL. Only my closest friends. People seem to have very strong feelings about it, whether they’re for or against it. So I don’t give anyone a chance to derail my efforts. For me it’s more a case of what – not who – will derail my efforts, eg cheese and salted peanuts!

Happy S🌞nday to all!

Day 4: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Have managed a few more controlled days of late! As a result the scales are dropping. The thing I’ve done (so far…..never become complacent) is swap my after-meal Ritter sport marzipan bar for a chocolate flavoured sugar-free protein shake, then not eaten again till breakfast the next day. So a (still large) meal after work at approx 2.30pm then nothing else.
    Wasp sting is now a pink swelling on the ankle with TERRIBLE itching. It’ll take a week.
    @daffodil2010: What is the bank holiday there? Enjoy it.
    @michelinme: Enjoy your (not quite) holiday……you deserve it xx
    @at: Looks as if the good weather continues today….

Ciren 2 Thanks for the reply I am going to try 2 x fast days & 5 1000 calorie days very slow loser however not slow at putting it on.

Day 4, London, UK, NFD,

It’s a quick check-in from me today. I’m feeling positive about keeping today relatively controlled, since I’ve planned this weeks’ meals.

I’m up & ready to do my 30DS this morning because I know by this evening I’ll have found 2 million excuses why not to do it!!!………………. Pray for me?

I’m aiming for 16:8 today, smoothie, soup & salad should keep me on track, I’ve realised there are far too many treats in the house, crisps & chocolate, which are tricky to navigate after a 2 week holiday of indulgences. I’m re-learning how to say NO!

Onward & Downwards folks!!!

Day 4 – Reading UK – CD

@flourbaby what’s a 30DS? Happy to pray for you, just need to know roughly which direction to send prayers …

@ciren2 – hopefully your ankle will ease soon. Cold water compresses? We have a wasps nest under our window. A man’s coming to deal with it tomorrow. I think I’ll stay out of the way.

@lilacsparkle you should lose on that regime. I’d find it quite tough, but as many here will say it’s trial and error.

@funshipfreddie – totally get the playing around with FDs and CDs for maintenance. I’ve lost many times before, but havent been able to maintain my weight. The whole idea of maintenance is something I’m going to have to learn. At some point … Also interested to hear you don’t tell many people about this WOL. At the end of the day it’s quite personal, and we have to make it work for ourselves.

@michelinme – decluttering and no alarm. You are right – sounds perfect!

Reading all the posts but struggling to reply to everyone before something kicks off here. Stay strong everyone, whatever your plan, and have a great Sunday!

Day 4 UK NFD

Relaxed day at home, no alarm and woke at 11.15 🙂 Pinkly sunburnt from yesterday – what was I thinking not reapplying sunscreen at the beach?!

Planning a late lunch & early supper, perhaps 18:6 or 20:4 to get me ready for tomorrow’s first proper FD this month. A tiny potter,a gentle stretch, but mainly rest & read – perhaps sitting outside later if it gets less muggy. Basking in a day off from people, phone, emails etc.

Hope you have a lovely Sunday whatever it brings…not a bad time to rest & prepare for the week ahead 🙂

Day 4 Melb Aust NFD
    Day 3 NFD, Day 2 CD, Day 1 NFD

So far, not doing well – a lot of stressors at the moment which have not been helping (they trigger unnecessary eating), but I’m getting all that under control at the moment, so things will be better from tomorrow onwards.

@ciren2, wasps bites, uggh! One thing I’ve often used for itching is aloe vera gel. Works wonders. Also excellent for the pain of sunburn.

@rabbette, well done to be at your BMI of 25 – excellent effort! But, if you’ve reached a BMI of 25, why do you want to still lose another 27 lb? That’s surely too much??

@at, @ccco, @songbirdme, @michelinme, so lovely to have you all back to guide us newer 5:2ers. And many others I don’t know. Lovely to have you back, too @borealis.

@flourbaby, loved your dragon description – all too true.

Day 4 USA (Illinois) NFD

Managed a FD on day 2 that was good for my 6:1 maintenance.

This evening is our summer Pops Concert at a beautiful park with a large bandshell amphitheater. For anyone with time on your hands and interest, here are some photos.
    https://freeportparkdistrict.org/krape-park/

I am happy to be singing in this one with our college music professor doing the conducting. Weather ought to be perfect for it.

@ciren2 – hope you don’t have any residual effects from your wasp stings! Whew… awful. I have heard they can repeat sting. UGH!

Onward and downward.

2nd Post,

@ktcaroline, the 30 Day Shred is Jillian Michaels’ 25-30 min workout that gets amazing results but makes you feel like you’re dying from start to finish!!! My Fitbit says I burnt 320 cals from this mornings session, which along with the pending appearance of abs is the ONLY thing that keeps me doing it!!!! Although I’m way behind @daffodil2010 in dedication!!

There’s no need for you to feel obligated to reply to every post, that’s what the rest of us are here for, it’s a shared challenge & together we really are stronger!! If there’s a query, be sure someone, somewhere in the world will answer it ………………….. No Pressure!!!xxxx

@ktcaroline: I’m using an ice cube every so often for my itchy wasp sting….nice while it lasts! Good luck tomorrow, and, yes stay out of the way!!
    …..and, as @flourbaby says, don’t feel you have to reply to everyone, just here and there is fine xx
    @betsylee: I too am a stress-eater (and boredom-eater). Also I just HAVE to eat while I read the papers!
    @songbirdme: Just maddening itching now. It kept stinging until I managed to free it from the folds in my sock….probably only a second or two, but it felt longer at the time….ha….ha!
    Right, time to eat. I’ve held off since early morning (!) Now nearly 2pm.

USA Day 4 CD

Thank you for welcoming me back! It has been a busy Summer! SongBirdMe, I checked out that webpage. Nice park! Enjoy the event!

Today is a CD for me on my month old vegetarian diet. Tomorrow I will add a regular 5:2 FD. I think I have finally found a system that works for me. I’ve been at this vegetarian diet for a month and I find it very easy to maintain.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Day 4, Québec, Canada, CNFD

Sorry I haven’t posted the last days. I’ve been voluntering and to tired when I came back home.

Two goals for the month :
    – Keep track of what I eat. It really helps to take good décisions
    – get down to 136 pounds and STAY there for 3-4 days before deciding for another downward goal. Have to stop the yoyo !

A trick that works pretty well for me is to brush my teeth. It helps being more conscious before eating when I’m not supposed to.

I love this group.
    Have a nice day everyone and stay strong !

Day 4. NFD. London. UK

We also have a wasps nest somewhere in the roof space. My neighbour pointed it out and a man is coming to deal with it tomorrow. I’m scared of wasps. Spiders are ok, bees are ok but wasps seem really malicious. I hope he gets rid of them.

My broken tooth is now fixed, but it helped me to fast for a couple of days, and it was the best ever excuse not to eat food that was pressed on me. I couldn’t eat anything hard, hot, cold etc. Etc. So it gave me a great get out. Just a suggestion if people insist on pushing food at you. Off away again soon. Italy. Sigh. It’s not getting any easier.

Day 5 – Melbourne Aus – FD/CD

Had a bit of a blowout yesterday, was eating my emotions in every sense of the word. I have been asked by the family to do the eulogy tomorrow. It’s definitely been challenging, but I hope I can do her justice. So was writing that while eating ice-cream yesterday.

Flying to Adelaide this afternoon for the funeral tomorrow. I’m going to try for a FD/CD today (will just have dinner, not sure what they are planning but will just try to keep the serving size moderate, and have black coffee, soda water, and a carrot for the airport/flight).

Weight has jumped up again to 70.5kg, but will just keep plodding along. I’m so close to goal, so just need to keep at it. Focusing on being kind to myself at the moment.

@flourbaby welcome back, how was the holiday?

@karmacatkeeper you will find great support here, welcome!

Few posts to catch up on, but must run.

Day 5: Gloucestershire, UK: CD?

Ugh…I was as sick as a dog in the middle of the night. I didn’t eat anything different from usual, so wonder if the new bag of salad I opened had listeria in it, or something?? Or maybe it was just me….but I’m not normally a sicky person at all.
    Anyway, I’m not eating breakfast this morning….so, who knows? this could become a fast-day!
    @gretta: I hope the funeral goes ok…..good luck xx

Day 5 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

My first real FD for August. I haven’t been near the scales for a while either, so tomorrow morning will be interesting. No time to be getting complacent now I’ve just reached my goal!

@ciren2 – What a weekend you had? A wasp sting, and now possible food poisoning? I hope you’re feeling better. I’ve only been stung once in my life. About 9 years ago in Halifax, Canada. I was walking along a street in autumn, when this thing dive-bombed me, and I was stung right in the neck! Not nice.

Pocket List – Day 5
    @gretta
    @funshipfreddie

Day 5 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Bank holiday Monday and planning a supremely relaxed day as its been all go all weekend with garden, camper van, housework….today, apart from a trip to the bottle bank (lots of wine bottles to dispose of …ooooops), I plan to do very little but read and relax. I will throw in my Shred once DH goes to work, get the week off to a good start with that, but there will be wine with my dinner tonight.

FD tomorrow for sure.

Day 5 – Stratford Upon Avon, UK – FD

Just a quick check in for accountability because if I don’t I just may go off the rails today!!!! Feeling very hungry this morning and hoping a black coffee will put the Hunger Monster to rest.

After a very social weekend, I now know that drinking alcohol at the weekend really isn’t helping my week day efforts not only do I throw caution to the wind as the crisps and cheese on toast come out, it also makes me really lethargic the next day. I really don’t like feeling like this so it’s time to make some changes. Cut back, maybe even cut out my alcohol in-take at the weekend. I need to change and work on the ‘everything in moderation’ concept if I want to see the benefits of this WOL.

I’m looking forward to catching up on all the posts later, haven’t got time to read through them now as at work and it’s going to be a busy one!!!

Happy FD Fasters!

Pocket List – Day 5
    @gretta
    @funshipfreddie
    @yo-yo

Day 5 – Reading, UK – CD

A reasonably controlled weekend for me, as we weren’t doing anything special. I did lots of exercise and decluttering (so good for the soul). Thank you @flourbaby – that makes me feel better. I read everything, but it’s hard to reply to everyone.

And I thought it would be fun to pose a number of questions through the month to make us think about what we are doing, and why. Totally up to you whether you want to dip in and answer or not.

So today’s question – what item of clothing is motivating you to lose weight or maintain your weight, and why?

Mine is a lovely silk red dress that I almost fit into, but not quite, especially if I want to breathe as well …

Day 5 UK FD

I know we are already 5 days in but this is my first fast for a while and really want to get in the groove today – just checked and my next trip abroad is 10 weeks today my aim is 2 lbs a week which would see me back at my happy weight because @ktcaroline my answer is EVERYTHING- it’s no fun when all your clothes are too tight !!

Day 5 Melb Aust CD

First reasonable eating day today for a few days, very happy, even though it has been a CD, not a FD. I’ll do a FD tomorrow instead.

@gretta, what a privilege for you to do your Gran’s eulogy. I’m sure you’ll do a job worthy of her.

@ktcaroline, well done for the decluttering; it’s one of the jobs I need to do, too.

Re clothes, no special item of clothing I want to get into, though come to think of it, there is a leather skirt I once bought and I don’t think I’ve ever worn it. Maybe that can be my “goal” item of clothing to wear?

@yo-yo Fletch, Not re the alcohol, but the sentiment of more moderation at the weekend is definitely something I also need to grab hold of. I was at my highest weight on Sunday morning that I’ve been for months. I’ll lose it in the next few days, but it would be better to not have to reset every Monday.

@ciren2, hope the wasp itch eases off soon, and that your stomach settles, as well.

@daffodil2010, hope you had a lovely relaxed Bank Holiday Monday.

Keep on keeping on, every one.

Day 5 – Höganäs, Sweden – FD

This is actually my first FD on 5:2 in quite some time. As many others the TV documentary “Eat, Fast and Live Longer” was a game changer for me. In the years following I’ve tried pretty much every different kind of Intermittent Fasting protocol out there. I should’ve just stuck to 5:2! 🙂

Day 5, London, UK, NFD

Another NFD before my B2B2B starts at work tomorrow, control is key!!

@gretta, so sorry to hear about your grandmother, you’ll absolutely do her justice in the eulogy, as it’ll be from the heart and full of love xxxx. The holiday was fantastic thanks, mostly due to the food and wine I enjoyed without restrictions ………………….. it’s all just a distant memory now, sigh!!

@ktcaroline, it’s a size 10 tan leather knee length skirt (I’m with you, @betsylee), not only will I have to zip it, button it, sit in it and be able to breathe, but at the moment, it CANNOT be worn with my existing knees!!! Targeting knee exercises soon!!

Welcome, @luminess, sometimes sticking to the basics works better than anything, there’s certainly less pressure, which is probably why it worked/works so well when we all started!! I often go back to basics when my mojo abandons me!!!

Keep the faith people!!!

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 536 total)

You must be logged in to reply.