August 2019 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
August 2019 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 534 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  WACM 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 36 posts - 501 through 536 (of 536 total)

• Day 29 Ohio, US — MFD

Sorry for making a mistake with the dates in my earlier post. That’s probably a good sign that late at night tiredness sets in and causes mistakes and so I should log on earlier.

Today was a good MFD, but otherwise it has been truly chaotic. One of the biggest factors in the chaos was that my computer got a Windows update and as a result I loss use of the internet for most of the day. After a good deal of work (and time!!) things are back to normal on the computer, but I’m really wiped out, so good night to all.

Keep on living the good fast life!

Day 30: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:
    Hello everyone.
    Off to work, got to eat my porridge first, so catch up and read the posts later.
    Bye xx

Day 30 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Did not sleep well last night, awake from before 3 until 530 then tossed and turned until 630. DH was awake too. No idea why. Very windy outside so the noise of that, plus the motion sensor light at front door lighting up with the flowers blowing in the wind…a h, I don’t know.

But tired at the start of the day does not bode well for sensible choices. As its Friday someone is bound to have brought in treats in work. Normally my resistance muscle is strong….not sure already about its strength today.

Any hoo, straight from work we are off on our camper trip to Kerry (where there is a yellow alert for heavy rain and spot flooding!!!!).

Thinking of you guys in Florida during hurricane season @bert1802

@rafiki44 I found the September challenge and have joined up, and added comments to the spreadsheet. Looking good 👍

Right, off I go to pack the van with stuff for our trip. Must not forget my motorcycle gear and helmet as the point of this long trip is to carry the motorcycle on the back, then take said motorcycle for a spin in Kerry tomorrow 🏍 Yay!!

Day 29 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – CD

Had a good FD yesterday. I think I’ll finish the month successfully within my maintenance range after a CD today. Loving the myfitnesspal app; it really keeps me on my toes.

@flourbaby – Sensations coated peanuts? Never heard of those. Maybe it’s just as well..😳 When I was in the USA I found salt & vinegar peanuts. Not coated, just salt and vinegar flavoured. Planters, I think. I’ve never seen them in SA though.

@daffodil2010 – enjoy your trip!

Just heard this on my local radio station. (@ciren2 – you’ll like this)
    ‘Be like a postage stamp – stick to a thing until you get there’.

Day 30. London. UK. FD. Going to try for another FD today. Wednesday went fine, although I had to take myself off to bed rather early to swerve any more food. I actually quite like the day after a FD, because you don’t feel hungry ( I read somewhere that the body stops producing the hormone that makes you feel hungry – is it called grehlin?) so you can avoid eating until quite late in the day, and you feel fine.

Please count me in for September. I’m away again, Greece this time, but hoping to hang on by maybe doing OMAD. Have a good day, all. H

Day 30 – 2nd Post

Oops?! @matpi – it’s contagious. I messed up the date in my 1st post too! 🤪

Day 30 – Ireland – yet another NFD I’d say 👎
    Caring for mum and visiting dad today… he’s been in hospital nearly two weeks now and no sign of them leaving him home.. running more tests today 🤞he doesn’t want to be there even though he is being very well looked after big is worried about my mum and envious that she has 24/7 company with us 😂 poor pet 💕
    @daffodil2010 funny you should say that … my mum has been walking the house all night… I’ve been awake a bit too as am keeping an eye on her … so tired too… 😴
    But maybe you’re excited about your trip! Nothing better than having your gear to get out on the bike 🏍 if you can.. hope it goes well 👍
    @funshipfreddie we have salt & vinegar peanuts here too… they are divine! Interestingly I had them with me on a cycle last week and there were wasps flying around me … turns out there is sugar in them too… 😢 no wonder they are addictive!

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

DAY 30 – Stratford Upon Avon, UK – CD

Final post for this month, relatively successful in so much as I hit my modest target. Very successful in so much as I have managed to lose weight over the summer period which, historically, is a time I really struggle and usually gain (a lot!) Despite challenges, I have bucked the trend this year, so happy days.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement this August on to September now…..

Day 30 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

End of month weigh in and very happy to report that I’m still a little below goal despite 3 days of celebratory indulgence last weekend. Maintenance going well 🙂

@ktcaroline thanks for hosting, hope you will soon be feeling lots better 💐

I have decided on a different kind of personal challenge for September. I am aiming to reduce my screen time and spend the time completing some unfinished sewing and knitting projects. I may have to go internet cold turkey so I will be taking a break from the challenges, but I shall be thinking of you all and with you in spirit, especially on Monday and Thursday FDs. Think of me as sitting quietly at the back of the 5:2 wagon. I will be sure to call out from time to time.

Wishing you all health and happiness 🤗
    Missy🐻

Day 30…..Florida……FD

All I can say is thank goodness, it’s Friday. I am so ready for the weekend! Three days to relax and reset.
    I really can’t believe that it’s the end of Aug. already!

Well, today is a FD, Ive been of course all week, so it’s time to get my self in gear! Today, is the first day of the rest of my life……

Thank you everyone for the well wishes, as this little storm comes towards us, but as with anything as long as your prepared will be fine. In which, we happen to be thanks to the hubby.
    I’ll keep you all posted!

I don’t trip……I do random gravity checks

Day 30- Atlanta, Ga- USA- We’ll see… This is a holiday weekend here in the US and I have friends and family in town. Going to be a lot of libation and food all around. Trying my best to stay away from all that stuff. Here goes!!

@jaifaim: Ahhh…HURLING (not CURLING)… oops! The link wouldn’t work, so it’s still a mystery to me.
    Well, another busy, busy day at the Royal Mail. I’ve got to work my day off next week as well….no rest for the wicked.
    Bright and breezy here today. Hope everyone is doing ok.

Day 30, London, UK, NFD

Sticking to the OMAD today, but not being too strict ………………. I’m playing it by ear!!
    Had a good chuckle at the steam iron being ‘hurled’ across the ice, seems like a better name than curling!!!

@jaifaim, I’m guessing we’re not just twins!! On this forum we’re bound to have 100’s of siblings!! We’re not here because we dream about lettuce after-all!!!!

@penz, no galloping here I’m afraid, I’m pulling myself across the finish line by my one remaining fingernail!!!

@funshipfreddie, just wipe it from your memory, you have NO need to discover that particular ‘something new’!!!

Wow, @emma taylor, I really want your jet-set lifestyle, but one foot on the airplane puts me in holiday mode where ALL bets are off regarding food & drink. I hope you’re polishing your halo!!!

Congratulations @yo-yo Fletch, I need to meet my September goal, so I can use that word too …………… successful!!!

@daffodil2010, you know you’re not really truly on a bad plateau when you’re sliding into those size 10 leathers!!!! Bon Voyage (To Kerry!!)

Stay strong folks, we’re ….. so …… nearly …… there!!!!

USA Day 30 FD

Weighed myself this morning for my final August weigh in and have lost 5 lbs. this month, most successful month yet! Being vegetarian has helped considerably and I am not even hungry! You can eat a lot of vegetables for very few calories!

I hope to be more present in September. Summer has been very busy!

Day 30 USA (Illinois) NFD

Went to join the new Costco near us yesterday and had to succumb to their pastry aisle. But that cheese Danish sure was good for breakfast today. Then out to a very nice Italian restaurant for dinner last evening. Will have to be more careful the rest of today. Being fairly judicious in maintenance.

Looking forward to being with you all again for September!

Onward and downward.

@Flourbaby- I know it sounds great to spend so much time away, but, without sounding churlish, I’d rather be at home a bit more. DH is very much the driving force for holidays. We have really been away a lot this year, and I miss my sewing, and I miss my friends!(not necessarily in that order…). And, we got the weighing scales working today. I need to lose around 20 lbs to get to a BMI of around 23, and DH wants to lose 10lbs ( but he’s not fasting…). I’ve just got to get my a** in gear, Greece or not. So don’t be too jealous. There are down sides….

@bert1802 – prayers for you all in Florida — may Dorian weaken. 🙂

Day 30 Ohio, US — NFD

Cruella showed this same weight today as a week ago, even though for the last two weeks I’ve been able to keep on task with fasting and eating right. Indeed for the four months before keeping on target wasn’t as regular as I had hoped, so I’m surprised that there was no change this week. Based on that feedback, I’ll decrease my daily quota of carbs a little bit and see what effect that has. I guess I’ll just have to keep in mind that virtue is its own reward.

@songbirdme Many people have told me that especially on Saturdays they can make a whole delicious meal of the Costco free samples. I wonder if that’s sufficient to get me to join Costco. Ha!

@bert1802 I love your “gravity checks”! Getting prepared is the major part of the battle. When I was growing up, my family lived in Key West and we had to go through the routine a few times. One thing we did was to fill the bathtub with tap water so there would be a supply of drinking water. Do people do that any more? Or do they just by bottled water now? Hope you weather the storm all safe and sound!

@missybear Have a great month of sewing and knitting projects. Having been off the internet for a good part of the last month while I was relocating, I can say that IMHO digital minimalism isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. It’s amazing how many every day things use the internet. On the other hand reducing screen time down to a daily total of about 2 hours is supposed to be a very healthy thing. So hope you have great positive effects from your September challenge!

Hope everyone gets a chance to dance by the dark of the moon!

Day 31: Gloucestershire, UK….last day.

As usual, I’m hurrying this post as I have to wash up and then get to work.
    My weight seems pretty stable…62.8kg. I did (just once) briefly tip into the 61s, but, blink, and it was gone!
    I may step back for September…..after all, when did I last actually DO 5:2?? However I will lurk and maybe contribute here and there, for what it’s worth. I should actually be 10kg lighter than I am, so I do have the need.
    Good for all of you who can do it and even better, those of you already at goal xx
    It works!

Day 31 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Final post for August. I’m declaring my first ‘maintenance month’ a success. Finished within my target range, just 0.3kg higher than my starting weight. I’m going to continue with the myfitnesspal app for a while. It really does help.

@flourbaby & @jaifaim – I found something potentially even more lethal. Salt and vinegar cashews?! Game over 😳 Fortunately they’re sold loose, so I could just buy a small amount. But why are cashews so expensive? Do they only grow on the moon or something?

Have a good weekend everyone, & see you during the September Challenge! 🍎

Day 31, London, UK, NFD

Well it’s the final day of this months’ challenge, just how much fat can I zap in 24hrs???

I think I’ll just keep on keeping on, pull up my big girl pants (panties), step on the scales tomorrow morning and just get on with it!!!

@emma taylor, I’m a real homebody, I like the comfort of my own surroundings, friends, family and routine, but I could manage 2-3 holidays a year I’m sure, after-all, there would always be 5:2 once I got home!! Perhaps 16:8 would be a good habit to get into whilst you’re away?

@missybear, enjoy your break away from the challenges, just don’t forget we’re here!!!

Same for you @ciren2, whenever you’re ready, we’ll be here!!!

@funshipfreddie, Nuts are so good for you, but when they get coated or honeyed or sugared or spiced, the addiction becomes impossible to ignore!! I think cashews are so pricey because of the way they grow and the process they go through to make them edible. Only 1 cashew grows on the outside off a pear-like fruit, and they have to be roasted in a certain way because they’re poisonous otherwise, so we’re surely living on the edge & taking our lives into our own hands when scarfing down handfuls of the stuff!!! …………… does that put you off?………. Hardly!!!

Something I read on another thread which absolutely hit home ……………….

“several years of 5:2 have persuaded me that losing weight is not difficult, so I got too casual. Time to start again!”

…………………. This, I’m taking onward to Septembers’ challenge!!!

Day 31 NFD London.

@flourbaby – good idea. 16:8 on holiday. I’ll try it. And I totally concur with the comment about how losing weight on 5:2 is not difficult, so there’s a tendency to be too casual about it. For the first time ever in my adult life, last year I thought I had a nice body and could just relax. Then I got complacent. Not a major crime but I now have around 20 lbs to lose, and once I get there ( I’m sure I can…) I’m going to try my best to stay there. It made lots of other bits of my life much easier, somehow.
    @missybear – I found a couple of market stalls in Rome selling the most beautiful vintage hand sewn cotton and linen slips, nighties and underwear, all at very cheap prices. Nobody else seemed interested, but I bought ten pieces, stunningly beautiful, and I’m going to spend some time altering and modifying them so I can wear them. I’ve got one on now, long, with hand sewn lace and embroidery all over it. Hope you have a lovely sewing and stitching break.

Day 31 UK NFD

Back on Day 23 I disappeared off to festival… Sorry not to return until today.

Festival food involved daily late breakfast gf seedy bread w peanut butter, trying to save £, and carbs to fill up despite v hot weather… Tues I weighed in 4lbs heavier and feeling v puffy indeed

Exhausted & unexpected new projects this week meant I hit the ground running…not planned food and not eaten well 🙁 But I thought of you all when I was in supermarket x 2 and managed to resist most things. Binged a lot of ice cream & peanut butter late last night while tired and mindless eating…

SO…I’ll be starting Sept with a gain around 6lbs & 2″. How quickly things change when we’re not mindful! But learning all the way… and now is a good time to prepare for a better week/month ahead. Cooking, resting, stretching and snoozing this weekend, with perhaps a little fruit picking tomorrow

Looking forward to seeing you in September for a good reset

@ktcaroline thank you for hosting this month – esp w poor health… hope you are feeling restored xx

Day 31 USA (Illinois) NFD

Another month gone — thanks for taking care of us the best you possibly could @ktcaroline and may your health improve.

@matpi – yes, indeed we enjoyed the samples at Costco. Reason to join? Probably not. They say their samples are a “marketing tool” but likely do sell things you’re not planning to purchase. But for $60/year joining fee, we hope to save at least that much.

@ciren2 – everyone here is happy to have you lurk all you wish.

@emmataylor – your lace items from Rome sound delightful

Onward and downward toward September!

Day 31 – Ireland – NFD
    Drove home this morning as night out with good friends tonight… 🥂
    Thank you @ktcaroline for looking after us this month – I hope you are feeling better now?
    Thanks @raffiki44 for offering to host us next month… I hope to check in more often although like others I’m have sometimes felt that stepping back for a while might do me good… i have felt like a failure with check-ins recently .. but i have to tone up and aim to be a little lighter in September ahead of my October cycling trip so know that this is the best place to be … hopefully I’ll get back on track 🤞

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 31 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

See ya all in September. Having a great trip to Kerry with no thought of 5:2!!!!

@ktcaroline: Many thanks for hosting. I know it can’t have been easy with your health scare. I hope you are doing alright.
    @daffodil2010: I see you managed to get away this weekend….enjoy yourselves xx
    @flourbaby: @songbirdme: Thank you both for your good wishes…I’m sure I won’t be far away! I’m just finding it a bit of a struggle making sure I log in every day, when I always seem to be in a rush, especially now work is getting hectic again, and also with not actually doing 5:2…..(which, I suppose, should be the whole point)!
    @missybear: Less screen-time is always a good idea…..there’s a world out there! Just lurk, like me.
    All the best my friends from around the world xx

Day 31. Québec, Canada, NFD

The end of August was a real mess for me ! I had a lot of visitors, many times so I was tempted to buy all sorts of foods I don’t usualy buy…. and guess what ? You got it : I had to taste everything amd while tasting I fell into it not just a bit ! A lot !

I don’t even dare step on the scale.

Oh well ! See you on the other side, in Septembre.

@bert1802, where about are you in Florida ? (I spent a few winters on the West coast). The forescast isn’t nice. Take care and please give us updates.

Fernande x

Day 32! FD country west Australia
    of course it is really Day 1 September – happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there – but I couldn’t find the link to September. Is anyone hosting?
    I haven’t been able to ( haven’t prioritised) posting and it is always to my detriment!
    I have been MIA for a few days due to hospital visits to relatives and away from my computer.
    Ended August with a modest loss so very happy with that.
    Also getting back into the 5:2 WOL and establishing more consistent eating/ fasting patterns has been a really good reset for me.
    Hoping to see those hanging around in September on the forum and glad to hear several are lurking.
    Have a good Sunday all whatever/ wherever you may be.
    Thinking of Floridians and hoping the hurricane blows itself out of steam before it hits land.

Day 32 Oxfordshire, uk
    final weigh in saw me with lots of 3kg on the month. I’m really pleased with that. My aim was to get back into the mindset I need to do 5:2 and I think I achieved that too.
    thank you for all your support this month I’ll see you in September.

Final Poat,

Well, August has bitten back!!! I’ve not been particularly mindful this month, I kept fasting (never 100% 500kcal days), Arid August turned completely on it’s head and I didn’t exercise except for 1 days’ 30 Day Shred!!! ………………………… The result …………. 5.5lb gain!! 3 of those in the last week when I rebelled and thought I’d skip my daily weigh-ins …………….. Doh!!!!

Anyway, it’s onward to September having given myself a stern talking to (again!!!), I know how slippery this slope can be, so I’m parking the casual attitude I’ve developed to this WOL and getting back on the wagon.

@ktcaroline, thank-you for hosting this month, your daily questions were thought provoking and much appreciated!!

End of the Month – CD

Congratulations to everyone with a loss – and there’s always September for those without one! I’m steadily getting back into things – I can’t say that August was the best month for me – possibly the worst. But I live to tell the tale, so that’s all that matters. I must go back over all your wonderful answers – I learned such a lot from you all. See you in September. (which is errr now …)

End of month (Sept 1st here) – final post, ending with a 0.1 kg gain, which I’m not too fussed about. Now the weather is starting to warm up, I’ll be back in September with a bang, and genuinely aiming to lose rather than be in a holding pattern. See you all there!

Thanks again, @ktcaroline for hosting us through August, and really enjoyed the thoughtful questions.

Last day

Well, I gained a few pounds back so on to September. More work to do in maintenance! Thanks for being the host @ktcaroline!

@ktcaroline – So sorry to read that you had a bit of a health scare earlier in August – glad to hear that you having been taking care of yourself – these challenges have a way to taking care of themselves too so no need to apologise for being a bit absent.
    Thank you for setting the challenge up and staying involved despite your health issues 🤗💐 Many apologies for not contributing much over the past month but life has been rather hectic and my mindset was just not there ……..hence the price I am paying of finding out that my feel good trousers are feeling definitely too tight and uncomfortable ……..but September is a new month and time to regroup

@bert1802 – thinking of you and hoping that Dorian is not causing any havoc to you and yours 🤗

Hope to catch up with most if not all of you in September xx

NZ – Last day of the month and I have managed to put on 1kg this month. Still not giving up and will sign up for September and will keep on. Weather is definitely improving, and the days are getting longer so hope to get out in the evenings more. Thanks @ktcaroline for hosting this month.

Viewing 36 posts - 501 through 536 (of 536 total)

You must be logged in to reply.