August 2019 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
August 2019 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 534 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  WACM 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 536 total)

• Day 27 country west Australia FD
    @brightonbelle, condolences on the death of your father Thinking of you. Such a sad time even though he is now not suffering any more.😢🌹
    @Winsomewaif, yes the whole ball tampering episode was disgraceful.
    However thank goodness they didn’t even get to bowl one ball before being found out. I always wondered whether Bancroft made it so obvious because he was uncomfortable about being told to cheat ,so he would get caught before he did anything?
    Disgraceful no matter what.
    I do love to watch sport but these days am very cynical and just wonder who ISN’T cheating – drugs , acting for a free kick etc. And let’s not mention Kyrgios with his atrocious behaviour….
    @dykask, it is always difficult when children leave home and especially so far away. All our children had to leave home at 12 to attend Boarding school in the city as there were not any secondary schools in the district.
    Very very difficult, but we all survived .
    @songbirdme, our choir is also starting to get it’s Christmas programme together and that is very scary – only 4 months to Christmas as someone told me!!!
    @therealwil78, good luck with the jumpstart. That’s what I am doing this week. Too may treats….
    @at I sympathise. It can be difficult to stay committed but day at a time.
    @daffodil2010 happy to stay and enjoy the view. I made good progress initially this month but plateau sitting now.
    This is only a nanosecond of a plateau compared with yours but happy to sit with you and enjoy the view and chat.
    It’s a beautiful end of winter day – cold as charity but clear, crisp with a fabulous sunrise so I shall go forth and ….. have another cuppa by the heater while I wait for it to get a bit warmer before I venture outside!
    I feel a good finish to the month.
    Onwards and downwards☃️

Day 17, EFD, AUS

That’s egg fast day for the newbies!  Well my planned FD yesterday did not go to plan. I usually do a liquid (coffee) only FD but last night I joined OH in some nibblies – cheese, salami, artichokes. Probably more than a FD but less than TDEE.

Very sorry to hear of your father’s death @brightonbelle but am taking comfort that you were able to spend some time with him at the end.

Day 26 Ohio, US — MFD

The MFD has gone well. I’m all tired out since I’ve spent the last 8 hours online getting ready for tomorrow.

@brightonbelle Please accept my deepest sympathy on your loss. May peace and comfort be yours in full measure.

In the inimitable words of Buzz Bee: “too tired … can’t go on.”

Have a great end of the workweek all!

Day 27 ……only 3 days left for me this month then will be away for just over a fortnight.

Weighed in on Friday and had lost 4lb ….after this weekend a couple of BBQ’s and a few scoops of Vin Rouge, yesterdays FD would hopefully redress the balance of the weekend!
    So was quite pleased to weigh in this morning and find no damage done over the weekend and still at my new low as Friday, slight sigh of relief as only 3 more days before away. Still, feel confident that when I come back, it will be with a vengeance and any pounds put on will soon shift.

Take care gang.

Day 27 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Yesterday’s FD was great until I got home and wickedly decided to have homemade fish and chips instead of chicken bone broth. Only a small portion though and it was delicious and I am actually down on the scales this morning.

Yesterday I was all about talking contracts with my job. I did mention they have offered me another maternity leave fixed term contract? Except unlike before I am now getting the benefit of both mine and my DH’s health care insurance paid for the duration. Plus eligibility for the bonus! And can pay into the pension scheme (tax efficient for me, form of savings), so yeah, I was pretty stoked yesterday.

Only a few days left in August. Realistically will I meet my target? Not likely again. But happy to sit on Mt Plateau , thanks for joining me @lilymartin, as its better than going the other way.

@ciren2 Our Gaelic football is completely different to soccer and American football. Much more fast moving and aggressive but so exciting to watch, and especially when it’s your team going for the unprecedented 5 in a row All Ireland win.

@brightonbelle My condolences for your Dad. Take care of yourself.

@at Good to see you back, was just wondering where you were?

Has anybody stepped up to host September? It’s getting time to start planning the next month.

Have a good day 27.

Pocket list
    @daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @penz

Day 27 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@ciren2 – you were right! A pleasant surprise was waiting. After my 4 day binge, yesterday’s FD has put me within my target weight. Only just, and I used up all the wriggle room. But no 4:3 for me this week.

@brightonbelle – so sorry for your loss.

@i-hate-lettuce – 5 miles per day; that could easily count as ‘moderately active’ depending on your pace. If you break a sweat then you’re good to go.

Day 27 – 2nd post

@daffodil2010 – didn’t @rafiki44 offer to host the September Challenge?

Day 27 – 2nd post

@daffodil2010 – I think @rafiki44 is hosting September?

Day 27, London, UK, FD,

Very badly organised this weekend, I need to get my weekly food plan done tonight, I seem to be struggling to keep on top of ‘things’. Anyway, perseverance is the word of the day!!

@brightonbelle so sorry to hear your news, it’s hard losing a parent. Remembering the good times will help during this grieving period.xxx

@i hate lettuce, I always imagine winning the lottery and retiring, but since I can’t seem to navigate my 4 NFDs successfully, I’m not sure retirement is a good idea for me …………………………….. enjoy yours!!

Keep the faith folks!!!

Day 27: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

My official day off work today, also following directly onto the bank holiday, so, counting Sunday, three days off in a row. Haven’t weighed myself today!
    @funshipfreddie: So, there you go! A pleasant surprise, eh? I’m hoping the same…
    @daffodil2010: DH told me that gaelic football was a rough and tumble with a few elements of rugby thrown in (may be also a touch of Eton-wall football too)!
    Hot again here….glad I’m not delivering today….phew!

Day 27 – Reading, UK – CD

Morning all! Sorry for radio silence, but I’ve been doing a lot of sleeping and resting and reading and precious little else. On the plus side, my weight hasn’t gone up, but neither have I lost. Although I have to say it’s not a priority right now.

And what glorious weather for the bank holiday – the festival here in Reading normally gets a good dose of rain – but not this year! They will have baked in this heat!!!

So today’s question (not really daily questions, but anyway) – do you track anything other than weight and FDs? I used to track alcohol units, but then got out of the habit.

@funshipfreddie …. yup, fast pace walking as I never did enjoy running/jogging!

@flourbaby …. You would be surprised how little time you have when retired! I always used to laugh at those who used to say they didn’t know how they managed when working….the beauty of retiring is you do what YOU want and surprisingly very busy!

Day 27 – Stratford Upon Avon, UK – FD

I had a WHOOSH!!!!! -4lbs on Friday and so very happy with that! So happy I spent the long weekend celebrating and I woke up this morning thinking ‘what have I done!!!! – so much for planning, lol, I never learn – so now I have THE FEAR of a looming BOING so throwing myself onto the FD Train today in the hope of regaining some lost ground (a very welcome FD may I add, it’s quite a relief not to have to think about food today) in fact it will be a week of FDs for me – the end of the month is nigh so I’m going to throw myself into it for these last few days!

But, no regrets, spent some lovely quality time with my girls this weekend, both will be heading off in the next couple of weeks, one back to university in Manchester, one, just finishing an MA, off to London in search of new adventures. The house will be quiet!!! and tidy……

Happy FD Fasters!

Day 27 Pocket list
    @daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @yo-yo

Day 27 – Japan – NFD

My water fast went well. Now I’m trying to wrap up as I only have 14 hours before I have to be on a plane. I’m moving my son to Princeton to start his degree there in Physics.

Day 27…..Florida…..FD

Just in case you all were wondering gravity is in good working order……I checked it yesterday.
    So, yesterday was a big ole flop, trying for a better one today!

@brightonbelle……… I’m sorry to hear about your loss……I know the difficulty when the one we loved so much is called home to serve. Even though we can no longer see the physical part of those called home, they’re presence is still with us. All you got to do is talk to him and he will appear!

I don’t trip…… I do random gravity checks!

Day 28. California. NFD

Hi all – yes I will do September. I will set up the spreadsheet, etc in the next few days so keep an eye out in case I run into any problems and have to send out a cry for help!

Day 27, Québec, Canada, NFD

@dykask I wish you and your son a safe and pleasant trip. I guess you will be away for many days. Ouf ! What emotions !

@rafiki44 thank you for taking charge of September. This is so helpfull.

My FD yesterday paid off. I now need to keep my focus on good food in reasonnable amount.

Nice day to you all !

Day 28 UK NFD

Thank you for all the kind words ❤️

Be glad to see the back of August -hopefully a few pounds lighter and want to start afresh September

Day 28 – 2nd post

@ktcaroline I track my 30 day shred exercise, water consumption, my walks, how I feel on a particular day….I have a diary and each evening I write what I plan to have the next day, and complete the page for the current day. I have been doing this for years and when there are blank pages in my diary that means I am off the wagon or stuffing my face in a most un-5:2 manner 😆

@rafiki44 Excellent news re hosting September, thanks.

@yo-yo Fletch well done on the Whoosh!!! Send that Whoosh Fairy over to me PLEASE!

So my FD is going well. Just had some bone broth and checking here for accountability.

Until tomorrow

Day 28, Aus, EFD

Yesterday’s planned egg fast day did not end as planned. My OH cooked dinner (he’s a good cook) so I had that, and we had shared a bottle of wine. Oh well.

Planning on an EFD today instead.

Hope it all goes well for settling in your son, @dykask. Is your wife going with you?

Nice to see you @ktcaroline – hope your recovery is going well. I only track FDs and weight. I also should track exercise to keep me on track, but I don’t. I know if I did, I would actually exercise more, rather than just thinking about it.

Thanks @rafiki44 for hosting next month. Great to see these challenges continue.

Day 28 – Land down under – NFD
    After Monday’s FFD I had a a successful FD yesterday, sticking to 500 calories or so. All temptations resisted. Eyes on the prize. I’m 1 pound off my August goal. Onward and downward. FD tomorrow.

Day 28: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Back to work today after three days spent too near the kitchen. 1kg gained…..hopefully to be re-lost. We had some rain overnight, so I’m hoping the stifling heatwave is over….
    See you later xx

Day 28 – Ireland – NFD

Don’t think I can fit in any more FD’s this month so I won’t hit August goal, although right now I am the same as at August start so “maintain is better than a gain”, and I sit awhile more on my plateau.

I imagine myself fairly high up on this plateau, looking out over a gorgeous red sunset, forested area below, dusky mist rising from the treetops, and there, in the distance, a glimpse of sea far away, tiny lights twinkling from the shore, and twinkling lights from boats and ships bobbing out on that sea. It’s warm on Mount Plateau, a lovely summers evening.

Guess I need to visualise a harsher environment to get me off that mountain though 😆

It’s feeling fairly autumnal here in Ireland today. Sure it is almost September so to be expected. I am sure looking forward to my long break in the sun however, apart from a day here or a day there, I haven’t had more than three days off in a row (and that’s counting weekends too) since the Christmas break. I feel slightly burnt out, but it’s my own fault for not taking the leave.

At least I have accumulated 4 weeks paid leave between my contracts 👍

@winsome waif Yay, go for it, one pound is do-able!!

@penz taking inspiration from you I actually had 3 eggs with cheese omelette for dinner last night as I was hungry on my FD. Was down again this morning, however the stunning effect of my first Egg fast days didn’t work on me, but I do like to keep the humble egg in mind if hunger strikes.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday, hump day and all.

Day 28 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@ktcaroline – I used to only track calories on FDs. I’ve been using myfitnesspal to track calories every day since I reached maintenance. I’ll continue to do so until I’m confident I’m not going to regain the weight. I also track exercise/steps with a Fitbit.

@daffodil2010 – your Mount Plateau sounds divine. Very poetic; reminds me of a Rosamunde Pilcher novel!😃

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Day 28, London, UK, NFD

Successful FD yesterday, but I don’t feel like I should pat myself on the back just yet, I’ve no idea why I haven’t got that “Yeah!!” feeling today, poor nights’ sleep perhaps, it would have been cooler to sleep in the oven!!!

I’ve decided to ease off of the throttle a bit & skip this weeks’ usual B2B2B, maybe I’ll make this an ADF or at least a 5:2 week in preparation for the BIG SEPTEMBER PUSH!!! I need to get back on track of setting a challenge target, and actually making some kind of effort to meet it!!! I think I’ll treat myself to new shoes or a mani-pedi if I make Septembers’ goal.

@daffodil2010, perhaps you need to picture Hannibal Lechter or someone equally scary popping up out of nowhere to disturb your peaceful visit to Mount Plateau, maybe screaming at you to “GET OFF OF MY MOUNTAIN!!!!” whilst waving an implement of torture at you (I don’t mean a bottle of wine or a loaf of fresh warm bread ………….. torture indeed!!) ……………….. would that help shift you off of the plateau???

I’m off to do what I get paid for!!! Stay strong folks, we’re near the finish line, I’m crawling rather than sprinting, but I’ll pick up the pace in September!!

“Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John R. Woode

Day 28 fd Oxfordshire
    Busy weekend seeing friends and eating meant I added 1 kg 🙁 but a FD Monday and cd yesterday show I’ve lost most of that 🙂
    Will aim for a fd800 today.
    Glad it’s a bit cooler here today feel more inclined to get my walking boots on.

Have a good day everyone

Day 28 – Stratford Upon Avon, UK – FD

B2B

Successful FD yesterday – much needed. I can manage FDs so much better than NFDs, need to get my head around that.

@daffodil2010 – you make Mount Plateau sound like Paradise! My relatively short visit must have been during a storm!
    Hoping my WHOOSH isn’t followed my a massive BOING! Hanging on by my fingertips! THE FEAR is real!!!!

@rafiki44 – thank you for hosting next month.

The next couple of weeks are going to be manic for me, hopefully will manage quick check ins for accountability. Moving both daughters in and out and in again to various accommodations, will be high tailing it around the country – I should view all the lifting and carrying and cleaning as an opportunity for a good workout I suppose :-/ But…..I do have a trip to Ireland at the end of next week to look forward to – YAAAY!

Happy FD Fasters!

Day 28 Pocket list
    @yo-yo

Day 28 UK NFD

Won’t be posting for a few days but I’m with @flourbaby I’m making a big commitment for September 💪⬇️

See you all in a couple of days x

Day 28. London UK. FD. Finally!!! I’m home. Desperate for a fast day. Didn’t do too much EFS in Rome but beers were drunk. Please add me to the pocket list, somebody. I’m on the bus and I can’t do it on my phone…

Day 28 -2nd Post

Day 28 Pocket list
    @penz
    @suki2
    @yo-yo
    @emma-taylor

Getting back into the working routine. Much fresher today, only got caught in one shower, mail not too bad, so a good day all round. Walked the dog (as hubby can’t walk far….his bad knee)’
    @rafiki44: Thanks for being our September host.
    @brightonbelle: To September! Hope it’s a better month for you xx

Day 28 USA (Illinois) NFD

Doing well on maintenance. I’ve started taking one magnesium oxide (250 mg.) at night (maybe 3-4 nights a week) which is helping with my leg cramps. Also since I am very prone to constipation, it keeps my intestinal tract going well. I remember years ago a friend saying that it helps add liquid to digestive material. (Sorry if this is TMI)!

@rafiki44 – thank you for volunteering to take the helm of this buoyant vessel for September!

@emmataylor – glad you’re home with wonderful memories of Roma and Italian food!

Onward and downward.

Day 28- Ireland – NFD started as FD 👎
    Very busy weekend with mum at home and dad in hospital… and back at work this week but will head home tomorrow to be with my mum… she doesn’t always remember where Dad is and can’t he left on her own so we are all taking turns to stay at home with her… it’s funny in life how you seem busy and the suddenly you are thrown a curve ball and just have to find more time in the days that were already full 😂
    I’m committing to catch up on posts tomorrow as I’ve been useless recently but I just can’t retain any of the info when I read the posts on my phone…so will take time with a coffee and PC tomorrow to read through the last weeks worth of posts.. I hope you are all doing ok 🤞
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 28. Second post.

I note in the Times newspaper today there is an article extolling fasting, saying it’s like taking your car to be serviced, and gets rid of damaged cells, tumours and viruses. People who have auto immune illnesses have fasted a couple of times, for three days each time, and their auto immune symptoms have disappeared, never to reappear. How cool is that? Remembering the medical effects of fasting, as well as the weight loss benefits, makes it easier to fast, somehow. I’m struggling today. I need to go to bed to get away from temptation…

Day 29, Aus, FD

Don’t take inspiration from me @daffodil as just like Tues, yesterday’s EFD ended with me sharing a bottle of vino with the OH. I enjoyed it, and I hope (quick mental calc) I could possibly just maybe call the day a 800 calorie FD?

But proper FD today. They’re easier for me.

Like many of you tho I really need to make a more determined effort in Sept. I have a wedding to attend in early Oct – I know what I want to wear, and while it does fit now, it would be more stunning if I could drop 3 kg. Doable with mindfulness! So that’s my goal.

Day 29 – Australia – FD
    Go for it @penz!

Day 29 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 28 — NFD

I stayed on target with both the NFD’s, so all went well with food. The last two days have been super hectic with getting started in the new life and a couple of items that needed to be done by August 31. So it’s been a little chaotic. It seems as though everything is happening all at once and it’s been tricky keeping juggling all that is going on. This week it seems as though this WOL is my anchor amidst chaos.

@jaifam Hope all goes well with your folks. In hectic times when I’m faced with more to do than I can possibly do, I hunker down and just resolve to do my best and let the pieces fall as they will. And more often than not, that turns out to be just good enough to carry the day. Hang in there!

@ciren2 Hope your hubby’s knee heals up very quickly! Five years ago or so I was having knee problems and can say from personal experience it’s not much fun. So I hope everything there gets resolved quickly!

Here’s a day 30 pocket list:
    @matpi

Day 29: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:
    Off to work in a minute, so just hello and goodbye for now!

@songbirdme: I too suffer from terrible cramps at night, mostly in the back of the thigh….luckily, normally only one at a time. The agony is indescribable and totally debilatating (spelt wrong?) while it lasts. Magnesium makes them much less frequent. Hope it helps you too.

Day 29 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Drat! Not a good NFD yesterday. I was doing fine until I opened a bag of salted peanuts last night. I initially weighed out 50g, but then eventually demolished the whole 150g. Will I ever learn? 🤪

Back on track today with a FD, & a CD tomorrow 🍏

Pocket List – Day 29
    @penz
    @winsome-waif
    @funshipfreddie

Day 29 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Yesterday was an NFD with a delicious beef and black pepper sauce stir fry and sharing a bottle of wine with DH, and I was actually down half a pound this morning. If only I had tried to FD instead. Ah well.

Still in plateau weight but the very lower end. Not going to be able to do any FD’s until September but will go for it with gusto as always. We are heading away tomorrow for two nights in the camper so no chance of fasting and no desire to either!!!

@flourbaby, yup, I do need to visualise a far less appealing plateau…though last night I was sipping wine whilst enjoying that misty sunset 😄 I think I have put down roots there.

@emma Taylor there’s very interesting re fasting curing auto immune disease. We all need to keep this in mind when struggling with fasting…..though with most of us it does seem to be the non fasting days that we struggle with 😆

By the way, all leave in work has been cancelled for last week in October and first week November due to almost certainty that the UK will crash out of the EU with a no deal Brexit. My company are reckoning the financial markets will go nuts so everyone needs to be available. Ooooohhhh.

All I hope is that we do not see a return to a border crossing in Northern Ireland again. Fingers crossed that things will work out OK for everyone and everything.

Have a good Thursday everyone

Here I go, last fasting day today for a while, the next two weeks away on holiday!

Managed to lose another 1 lb since Friday making 15 lbs in 5 weeks, very happy, feeling better, going to need new clothes soon!

Not going to manage FD’s while away, but will manage loads of exercise, be back in mid September knowing any ‘damage’ done can be quickly reversed!

Good luck all those on a FD today and take care all, back soon!

Day 29……Florida……FD

I was off the chains for the last couple days, but I’ve had quite enough. So, it’s a FD today………

I am a bit behind on e everyone’s thoughts and ideas but I will get caught up. Two more days of work then, I have a long three day weekend! This is when I plan. On catching up!

If anyone is around Puerto Rico or the other islands, my thoughts are with you!

I think I may be the only one here on this post in Florida, so my thoughts on this hurricane for my area….. we are in the watching phases of the season. It’s really to early to determine where this thing may go…… so, we won’t get consumed with hurricane prep until Sat. Possibly Sunday.
    I’ll have more info once it gets closer……

I don’t trip…… I do random gravity checks!

Day 29, London, UK, FD,

Super quick post from me today, I’m soooo busy!!!! Hopefully that means this FD will be a breeze!!! Yesterdays’ NFD ended up being OMAD, but with wine!!!!!

@daffodil2010, sharing a bottle with your OH can’t be beaten, you’ll get off of that mountain when you & your body are good & ready!!!

I’m with you @funshipfreddie, when will we ever learn!!! Luckily there weren’t any Sensations coated peanuts hanging around the house …………………….. those things are my absolute Kryptonite, I’m pretty sure they’ve mixed some kind of class ‘A’ drug into the coating …………………. ’cause I’m definitely addicted!!!!

Happy fasting folks, I’m on a deadline here!!!!

Day 29 – Ireland – yet another NFD 👎
    I’m very very tired today… think things are catching up with me but that’s ok… I’m here and the sun is shining…. all is good 👍
    Excuse my random thoughts below… just read through the last few days in the forum..
    @brightonbelle I am so very sorry to hear about your dad’s passing…
    @ihatelettuce you seem to be doing really well 👏
    @ciren2 I’m like you… don’t keep track of the numbers so very much a random faster… maybe that too is where I could improve…
    good to see you back @at
    @daffodil2010 sorry to hear you’ve been delayed with the van but you’ll get away soon…👍 like you I’ve plodded on through and am desperate for my holidays now… I have a little longer to wait… end September and end October – too long!!!!!
    Oooooo @ciren2 thats an interesting way to hear Gaelic football described 😂 I’d love to hear your DHs description of Hurling?? Go on go on go on 😂😂
    @funshipfreddie well done on your dry spell!!! That’s longer than I’ve ever managed 💪
    @ktcaroline I barely track anything – must do better! Glad to hear you are ok!
    Go @winsomewaif!!!! Nearly there!
    @emmataylor that’s interesting.. I have two auto immune diseases so could test that… but… 3 days at a time…. at the moment I’m finding 1 at a time difficult 🙃
    @flourbaby I remember reading a post of yours from mid-August and thinking we are like twins… I adopted the same method you did when I stopped smoking.. never touched a smoke after that… But i find this time of year the hardest time!!! Cashew nuts are now an issue too and I must not have treats in the house…. they just have to be eaten if they are there…. crisps, lion bars ring a bell too… oh god!! 😂
    Thanks @matpi! I am doing just that right now… doing my best and that has to be good enough… it’s good that everyone else in the family is helping out too…
    This year has been the toughest for me in many respects but we live, we learn, we love and then we just keep on keeping on….👍👍👍👍👍

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 29 Melb Aust NFD

Have been AWOL for several days, as had to get all my study data entered ready for some help with analysis next Monday. Quite stressful, and haven’t been really following 5:2 well. Not really gaining, though, just up and down around the same as at the start of the month. September should be better. It will also be warmer here, which I’ll find easier for weight loss as I tend to drink more and eat less. A bit like @at, I think, with the eating.

@rafiki44, great you’re looking after September, and I’ll definitely be “in”.

@ktcaroline, you asked if people documented anything other than their eating. I have an “exercise and measurement” record book, where I record all my activity/exercise each day, and weigh and measure once a week on Saturdays. This week, coincidentally, that will also be the end of the month.

@ciren2, Another interesting form of football is Australian Rules Football, very physical, and has many similarities to gaelic football, except that the ball is a slightly different shape.

@brightonbelle, my sympathy for the loss of your father. So good that you had some time with him before he went.

Join me in trying to make the next 2 days count!

Very hard day at work…..bank holiday over, schools back next week, the run-up the Christmas begins….the mail goes MAD!! My delivery took five and a half hours to do…on top of prepping.
    @betsylee: Australian Rules Football? Yet another new one on me!
    @jaifaim: Hurling?
    Hmmmm….is that the one where you sling something that looks like a big steam-iron across ice? Then use brushes to scrub it along it’s way? Strange game. But then, in these parts we do cheese-rolling, so…..

Day 30, Aus, NFD

Thinking of you@Bert1802 and hope Dorian stays well away from you.

Weigh day and only half a kg down for the month; not much but at least it’s moving in the right direction.

Have a great weekend everyone and a successful gallop towards the end of the month finish line.

Day 30 – Au – NFD
    Thinking of you too @bert1802. Yesterday was 14 years since Hurricane Katrina tore my hometown to shreds. I have aunts and an uncle in central Florida. I hope everyone stays safe.
    I just might make my goal for August tomorrow if I get a post-fast dip from yesterday’s FD. Casual Friday at work so I ‘m wearing some jeans I haven’t been able to get over my hips in quite some time. Feels good mentally but they’re a bit tight!
    Happy weekend everyone and see you in September.
    Onward and downward.

Day 29 California NFD

Hopefully everyone can see the September post. I was blocked as spam earlier so I hope everything works!

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 536 total)

You must be logged in to reply.