Argh, only one week and frustrated

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  EclecticArtist 7 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I am a celiac, mostly recovered anorexic (I am well aware of my tendencies and stop any diet if it brings it out, which oddly this isn’t), mom of two who really should lose about 100 pounds but would be happy with 75. I am an artist and mostly sit for work. I have epilepsy, fibromyalgia, and have been in 5 car accidents…none my fault…so I deal with chronic pain. Exercise doesn’t happen really. I used to be a ballet dancer and very active, but health problems have killed (or at least severely wounded) that part of me.

I started the fast diet on the 13th. I had no problems with the fasting. It wasn’t hard for me at all. I weighed myself after the week, and presto, I have gained 2 pounds. I am giving it a second week and will see how things go. If I don’t lose weight this week, especially if I gain weight, I may just give up.

Hi EclecticArtist
    You are having a bad time right now. Sorry to hear that. Diet’s don’t work the same way for everyone and everybody has times when the diet works well and then times when it slows down or stops working for a while.
    Exercise is not that important for weight loss, though it helps in making you healthier in a general way.
    A week is not a long time in dieting, so I hope you can find the strength to keep going a bit longer, until the results of the diet give you more encouragement.

You’ve had more than your share of difficulties, Eclectic Artist. It would be nice if 5:2 went easily for you. I hope it does now!
    But my tip is to try to think of it as a long term lifestyle change for the sake of your health, rather than a good quick way to lose weight. Give yourself a couple of months at least.
    Sending good wishes.

I think I was just feeling extra upset that I had gained weight, and I was also very anemic. I am feeling a bit more optimistic today (one of my fast days). Thank you both for the encouragement.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.