are there many guys on this diet ?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
are there many guys on this diet ?

This topic contains 842 replies, has 80 voices, and was last updated by  penguin 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 849 total)

• jpplov,

Well done! 14 kg /31 pounds since April is really impressive. Congratulations on the weight loss and thanks for starting this strain of the Forum back in April. Keep reporting – maintenance is a problem I have ambitions to know about.

Well, thanks, penguin.
    I have to admit that I’m pretty pleased with myself… and it certainly makes a difference when buying new pants, too.
    I picked some up on the weekend, when I noticed that my other ones were basically falling off.
    It’s kind of a nice feeling.
    Thanks for the congrats… you’ll get there too !

jp, congratulations!!! It was no easy feat, especially that I know you were stuck at a plateau for a little while. I wish you all the best on your maintenance program.

Weekly weigh in, at 140.6lbs, 0.6 above goal but still within tolerance. I ate a brownie last night at around 21h00 that I shouldn’t have, maybe that’s the 0.6lbs.

Fasting today; skipped breakfast, have brought no lunch, may eat a very light supper of just a salad without dressing.

Fasting has gotten really easy for me; I don’t seem to have any trouble with it at all anymore.

How are the rest of you guys doing?

Just finishing my fourth week and starting to feel lighter now and have dropped 5lb or so in that time, so I’m happy.
    I’m finding FDs are getting easier now but yesterday was THE hardest day so far…

I did a pretty heavy leg workout in the morning leaving me feeling a little weak. I had no breakfast. At work there was a special morning tea on including club sandwiches, gourmet pies and delicious looking slices. Initially I just left – it was too much to bare. Unfortunately I had to return to hear a speech, so I sat right in front of the food for about 10 minutes! Unbearable, but I made it.
    No lunch, just a miso. Man, did I earn that miso!

After work I attended a workshop/seminar thing where I knew there would be food. “A “Light dinner” will be served” It said. Turns out it was just a crap load of pizzas! I searched through them and found 1 vegan pizza and demolished 4 small pieces. Managed to avoid the meatlovers etc.

Went to bed wired and hungry but sort of proud too.

Had a proper breakfast this morning and felt so good about it that I was irritatingly chipper. Boy, did I enjoy my food today. Probably overeating just slightly but feel like I’ve got this well under control now.

I agree with the above sentiments (new pants). Feeling jeans get looser over a few weeks is a good feeling and probably the best sign of loosing the right kind of weight.

Fantastic thread! Amazing stories!!

Been on 5:2 for 2 years, fell off the wagon for 3 months but still sub 12 stone 5ft 8.

Best health kick ever, I power thru with black coffee and water. Feels amazing the next morning and brilliant when buying new 32″ trousers instead of 36″.

Good luck everyone.

Weekly weigh in, came in at 138.6lbs this morning, 1.4lbs below my goal weight. Today is a fast day, but I’m doing 16:8 having just had lunch, a light salad without dressing.

Sounding good Phil.

I am still 7 lbs above my target but as an experiment/incentive I just bought a slim fit polo shirt. It fits! I have never, ever, in my 71 years worn a slim fit anything. I am feeling stupidly pleased with myself. Thanks for the support and encouragement Guys.

Just an update; latest weight = 94.6Kg (208.5 lb). Loss to date (since July 1) 12.8 kg (28 lb). Previous week’s weight was 95.1. This is after a week away visiting relatives who kindly let me cater for my self in my hybrid IF – LCHF style. They were intrigued to see me chowing down on all the fat after years of ‘healthy’ eating! But no true fast really, just trying to skip one meal a day.

This is a bit of a big week for me. Some time ago (years) I gave myself a target of 95Kg which then become a milestone, now passed, on my journey to 83.2kg (184 lb). I am now also over the hump (wish it was that easy) with over half target loss achieved. And finally, at least in the metric system, now I am a ‘2-digit’ weight guy at <100kg.
    Stay fast (-ing) everyone, and do not let those lost kg/lbs find you again.

Good morning everyone. It has now been a couple of weeks since my last entry, and I wanted to give an update. Since dropping below my target weight of 80 kg (by about 1.5 kg), I have been in what I would refer to as “maintenance mode”. What this means for me is that I have been doing basically nothing. Not even 5:2, to be honest, hardly anything at all, other than the fact that (and I hope that the site moderators will forgive me for what is going to sound like a commercial endorsement, and no, I don’t work for this company or any even vaguely related company) I have purchased one of those N****bullet machines, along with a couple of cookbooks / recipe books, and I absolutely love it. I wish that I had discovered this much earlier in my efforts to lose weight. I have a smoothie in the morning, pretty much anything I want for lunch (yesterday was 2 slices of pizza and a salad, today will probably be a sandwich in town) and then one of the soups or something for dinner. I’m still exercising quite regularly and consuming little if any alcohol, and upon weighing myself this morning, I found that I’m still below 80 kg, about 79.4 or 79.5, in fact. Unquestionably, I pay a lot more attention to what I’m eating now, and I definitely love that little machine.
    Congratulations Pedro, you’re doing a great job, as are all of the other people on this site. I think that the educational component of this “diet” (for lack of a better word) is as important as anything else. Incidentally, Pedro, how tall are you? I also started at just above 94 kg, and I’m 186 cm tall. I’m feeling pretty well at around 80 kg, and think that anywhere in the low 80s will be just fine.
    Have a nice day, everyone. It’s time for my smoothie.

Thanks for the congrats jppiov. I’m 179 cm, and have bobbed like a lardaceous cork on the surface of a sea of 100kg for the last 5+/- years. My target weigh, derived from several calculations/aspirations, varies from 80 to 83 and a bit. Hoping the 83 will be like the 95 and be in the rearview mirror if this ‘diet’ keeps working. From what your experience, 7 cm taller, it would seem that less than 80kg is a possibility for me as well.

The app I use (‘Monitor Your Weight” – Android) gave me the 83 but a target time line of August 2016! A bit slow for me. So I took the 83 over the 80, bearing in mind the issues w rapid weight loss, and am pushing it but it seems IF makes it easy. My target date now is Dec 15, 2015.

The maintenance phase is an interesting issue but time enough for that when I’m fortunate enough to have the problem. Good for you and go the N–bullet! One way to make sm-oooo-th ‘bullet-proof’ coffee apparently.

Weekly weigh-in, 141.2 lbs, 1.2lbs above goal. Haven’t been religiously fasting on my fast days lately; even today on my fast day I had a breakfast of half a bagel with cream cheese and a small glass of orange juice. I skipped lunch and will be eating supper, whatever it will be. I’ll just try not to over eat tonight and I should be back down to my goal weight.

Now that the weather is starting to get colder (here in Montreal), I’m feeling it more now that I’m down ten pounds compared to my weight last year. Either that, or with age (I’m 42 years old) I am feeling it now where I didn’t used to. Who knows?

How are the rest of the guys doing? It’s been two weeks since any of us posted here.

I’m relatively new to the board and to 5:2, just saw this thread. I’m a guy, 58 years old, 5’10” about 140 pounds give or take a few. I’m doing 5:2 more as a way to maintain my weight rather than lose. I lost about 65 pounds a couple years ago and am paranoid about putting it back on. It’s said people who lose a lot of weight have an 88% chance of regaining all of it (or more) within 5 years. I don’t want that to happen after what it took to lose in the first place.

PhilPlasma, from my perspective at 42 years old you’re still a kid!

Bronx

Prompted by PhilPlasma’s post:
    Finally seem to have broken through a small plateau down to 92.4kg (15 lost, 9.3 to go). Problems due to a disruptive calendar, and trying to combine LowCarbHighFat with IF. Too easy to overshoot the cal target. Talk about ‘food reward’ effect!
    Summer is coming (to turn a GOT catchphrase around) and it is too hot here downunder for soup snacks. But Phil, with regard to the seasonal experiences I am not feeling the heat as badly as I used to, so far, with people around me complaining already. It is more often hot than cold here so it may be a better summer for me. A cold test will be when my family go to the snowfields of Japan at Xmas. Now I am starting to look more critically at my wardrobe.

Go fast and do not let the lost fat find you again everyone.

Glad to see this strand of the forum in use again. Lately all of the action has been in the 5:2 Rugby World Cup area.

At 42 and 58 you are both kids. I’m 71, or that is what my passport says, but I prefer to think of myself as a well worn 45. We all have two ages, what the documents say and what we feel like.

This business of plateau can be frustrating, or even dangerous. My body had decided it was comfortable at about 7 pounds above my target. That was about 45 pounds less than when I started, so I decided I could live with it for a while and relaxed. Unfortunately relaxation included whisky and ginger nuts (biscuits or cookies depending on your variety of English). That and watching World Cup Rugby on TV with the traditional drink in my hand has resulted in a gain of 5 pounds. No prizes for guessing who will be fasting and hitting the gym tomorrow.

Hi everyone,
    It has been a month since my last posting, and I’m glad to see that there are still some people here !
    Well, I’m still using my amazing smoothie / soup machine, lots of walking and little to no alcohol, and I seem to be doing pretty well with maintaining my target weight of AROUND 80 kg. My aim had always been the low 80s, so to be hovering right around 80 is pretty darn good news for me (51 years of age, 186 cm tall).
    I’m hoping that this will be my maintenance weight, though I do plan to keep a pretty strict eye on things. I haven’t been actually TRYING to do any 5:2 or anything else of late, other than using some of the recipes in the various books, and my smoothie / juice machine (love the N-bullet, it makes life much easier).
    Bronx, wow, 65 lb… isn’t that something like 30 kg ?? Holy crap, I thought that I had done well to lose 14 ! Anyway, it sounds like you’re doing a great job too.
    Don’t beat yourself up, penguin ! Enjoy the rugby !
    PhilPlasma, it’s nice to see another Canadian on the site (from Southern Ontario, but living in Europe now). Being lighter probably (maybe?) does make you more susceptible to the cold… fat insulates ! Still, wear a sweater ! You’ll still be happier without the extra kilos, I bet !
    Time to get to work…
    Keep it up (or off, anyway) everyone.

Weekly weigh in, 141.0 lbs, 1.0lbs above target. Fasting today and it is going well; may even skip through supper to have my next meal at breakfast tomorrow.

Bronx, welcome, good job on losing those 65lbs; hopefully 5:2 works out for you.

Pedro, congratulations on dropping below your plateau. I know all about disruptive calendars – with three young kids all in different activities we’re all over the place.

penguin – it is good that we have this 5:2 to do whenever we notice our weight creeping up. And having been doing it for sufficiently long we also know that we can come up with the discipline required to keep at it.

jp: yes, I figure to bring a sweater in to work and leave it there as the area where I work is often cold.

Thanks, guys.

PhilPlasma, how did Jppiov know you are Canadian? Just curious.

I grew up in Buffalo so I’m almost Canadian; watched a lot of TV from the North when I was a kid and my favorite place in the world was the old Crystal Beach amusement park in Ridgeway, Ontario (near Fort Erie)!

Bronx

Hi Bronx… PhilPlasma mentioned Montreal, and that was a bit of a give-away ! Yes, Crystal Beach was all right… about the only nice thing about Fort Dreary, that’s for sure.
    I’m actually from Niagara Falls, on the CDN side, though I live in Europe now.
    Anyway, it’s nice to read that other people are doing well with this programme too (I don’t like calling it a “diet”).
    I find that it has been a tremendous help, and I’m really glad to have come across it.

PhilPlasma you are right. No panic, a couple of days of gentle fasting and the weight gain has gone again. The body definately thinks the thinner me is now where it belongs. Also, I have just realised that I said “gentle fasting” – not how I thought when I started to live like this.

Hi gents, it’s been a bit of a rough go for me lately. Lot’s of travel and way too much food. I’m up 6 lbs to 179 and I’m not very happy about it. Hopefully I’m back on track as I want to be down to 165 by my 65th BD 12/20.

Welcome back diverdog. Don’t fret it too much. You’ve done it before, you can do it again.

Diverdog,

I know how you feel. I kind of went “Nuts” with nuts this weekend; overdid the peanuts and mixed nuts a little bit. It happens every so often but now it’s out of my system for a while and I’m back on track. Yesterday was a fast day and I felt unusually hungry all day. The hunger finally subsided around 2pm and now I feel back to normal.

Hang in there; you can make it to your goal. And happy 65th to you in advance!

Bronx

Weekly weigh in, 141.2lbs, 1.2lbs above target. It seems that through the week I usually weigh in either at or below my goal weight but always on Thursday morning I’m above. I guess I can either change my weigh in day/time or change my eating behaviour on Wednesdays. I did eat a Whopper Trio yesterday for lunch from Burger King and last night had pasta, tortiére and a can of Coca-Cola. Next week on Wednesday I’ll do better and then we’ll see if it makes a difference on Thursday morning.

Well, fasting today ought to bring me down.

Diverdog, like pengiun and bronx said – just stick with the 5:2, or whatever you’re doing, and the weight will come off again.

I’m pleased with the way the Canadian Federal Election turned out, and am also pleased with how the Canadiens are playing so far this season.

How are you doing?

Hello everyone,
    I am “testing” myself, trying to see if I have “ingrained” the concepts on this site well enough to KEEP myself at a comfortable weight of around 80 kg.
    So far so good!
    Yes, I’m pleased with how the election worked out back in Canada as well, and I’m ESPECIALLY pleased that plastic-hair is on his way out the door. Just as well.
    Anyway, I have found some of the recipe books to be really useful, especially since I live on my own and tend to be a little on the lazy side when it comes to preparing food.
    Decent food, anyway. Crap is easy.
    The little blender machine has been a great help as well.
    Anyway, keep to its diverdog… are you really a diver? I’ll be diving in a nearby lake next week, having just upgraded my rebreather.
    I know that it’s only Thursday, but I hope that everyone has a nice weekend.

PhilPlasma,

As a Sabre fan, I have higher expectations for them this year than last. They haven’t done so well yet, but it’s still early and they’re a young team with a new coach. It may take a couple years before they will make the playoffs again.

A couple years ago when the Ducks were in the finals the NHL brought the Cup to where I work (I live in the Los Angeles area) and I got to be up close and personal with it for a few minutes. It’s odd that we could touch it with our bare hands but the NHL rep who brought it had to handle it with white gloves. I guess the only thing we couldn’t do was lift it over our heads; that’s a no-no! Hopefully I’ll see the Sabres’ names on it soon.

Good luck to the Habs this year.

Bronx

Weekly weigh in came in at 141.0lbs, still one pound higher than my goal weight. It was the wine I drank last night after having carefully not over eaten at supper. Perhaps next week I’ll try harder still.

Bronx, with a 9-1 start the Canadiens really got off to a great start. Hopefully the Sabres will pick things up. I’ve never been that close to the cup.

Weekly weigh in came in at 139.2 lbs, 0.8lbs below goal weight. What helped me to get under was the bout of gastrointestinal activity I had last night. I don’t recommend this as a weight loss method, it isn’t particularly pleasant. It is effective, however.

Those gastric problems will take the weight off every time. From experience – a gentle restart can mean that it doesn’t all go back on. Either way, a pound or two above or below target weight is a good place to be.

It has been a while since I’ve posted here – I also haven’t been as faithful to fasting as I had been. On my Fast days (Monday, Thursday) I’ve been skipping breakfast but still having lunch and supper. Doesn’t really feel like fasting at all.

My weigh in this morning came in at 144 lbs, 4 lbs above goal weight. So today I am fasting through lunch and through supper to only eat again at breakfast tomorrow. It’s been a long while since I’ve done a 36 hour stretch, but I’m committed to getting it done this time.

Coming into the Christmas Holidays I think it will be key to keep at this as there will be some drinking and some feasting over the latter half of December.

How are the rest of the guys on this list doing?

PhilPlasma, it is good to hear from you. I was beginning to think that everyone had achieved their target and I was the only one left. The run up to Christmas has already started and restraint is required – I skipped the Pilates Group Christmas Lunch today because it is the MG Owners’ Club Christmas Dinner tonight. Of the two groups, I thought the Pilates seekers after fitness would be more understanding! My wife, who is nearer her target, is doing both but promising an extra fasting day to compensate.

I seem to be on a plateau. My body has adjusted to my new, lower, weight and eating a little or a lot is not making much difference. I shall fast on the required days during the holiday period, but staying on that plateau until after Christmas is probably the realistic target.

Good morning guys, I’m glad to see that you’re all still doing well and keeping to the 5:2. I haven’t posted in quite a while, but it’s nice to see that the string is still going !
    I have to admit that I *haven’t* been keeping to the schedule, but that the “lifestyle change” brought about by the 5:2 plan has worked wonders for me, in weight terms, anyway. Since dipping below my goal of 80 kg a few months ago, I haven’t been keeping to a 5:2 or 4:3 schedule (as I had been in the past), but instead, it’s more of a maintenance thing. I weighed myself again about an hour ago, and I’m still just below 80 kg (79.1, in fact), so I’m pretty happy. The things that I learned while on the plan are the reason for this “success” (for lack of a better word). I’ve moderated my alcohol content drastically, I certainly don’t eat as much as I used to, I’m more attentive to exercising (at least the old “10,000 steps” thing), and in particular, I’m more attentive to WHAT I eat. One of the biggest helpers for me has been my N******llet machine, with which I make a breakfast smoothie almost every morning (around 300 calories), and very often a great soup in the evening, after having had something a bit more “consistent” for lunch. I find that this is working for me, anyway. I’ve bought a couple of 5:2 cookbooks (including for the little machine), and that has been a big help too, just in terms of eating variety ! I’m not too imaginative when it comes to cooking otherwise.
    As far as the upcoming Christmas / New Years season goes, well, I don’t have too much to worry about on that score, having no parties or dinners to attend / host or anything like that. That being said, I hope that you all enjoy your holidays, and even if you DO “indulge” a bit, remember that it’s no big deal !! You’ll get right back on track after the holidays… we certainly have all of the tools needed to do just that.
    All the best, everyone.

Greetings from Minnesota, USA! I am a 67 y/o male, 3 years out from a quadruple bypass surgery. I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes just before surgery, so have been following moderately low-carb diet and exercising a lot. This season I rode 1,800 miles on my bike and participated in two competitive gravel racing events.

I lost a lot of weight after surgery without doing anything other than reducing carbs. In fact, my weight dropped to the point where my wife was getting worried (I wasn’t) which was 160 lbs (72.5 Kg.) I’m 5′ 10″ (about 1.5 meters.) However, I also lost a lot of muscle mass – either that or the muscles under my fat had shriveled up without me realizing it! I added weight lifting to my regular cycling and cardio and finally after a 6 months started building some muscle and gaining some weight.

My diabetes has been under perfect control, but as winter put an end to cycling this year I had a lot of difficulty maintaining a good diet and put on a bit more weight than is healthy for me. I need to lose about 4 kg to get down to my “fighting” weight, about 165 pounds. I’ve studied nutrition extensively and have had an interest in calorie restriction, but only recently discovered the 5:2 way of eating, which I only started this week. This forum has been a great resource for understanding some of the challenges of intermittent fasting.

With two fasting days behind me, I have been a bit surprised about some of the effects. First off, sleeping has been a problem on fast days, which is very common. One thing that has surprised me is how the day after the fast my appetite seems to diminish. I almost have to force myself to eat. The fasting days have gone quite well. I’m still working full time and did not find it all that challenging. However, the day after I feel a bit of nausea early in the day and it takes a while for my energy to perk up.

In any case, thanks for being part of this forum and I hope to visit often to help me adjust to this new way of eating.

Welcome Viking. You will get used to the effects of fasting. After a while it won’t feel like fasting, it is just the way we live and we are all better for it.

Hi Viking and welcome:

As you may know from reviewing this site, fasting and a ketogenic diet have been used successfully to totally reverse Type 2 for decades (from high insulin usage to no drug usage of any kind). You might check this thread: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/reversing-type-2-diabetes-the-fastday-lifestyle/.

In addition, some of my posts on this thread address Type 2, as well as many tips that might be helpful to you as you go forward with 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Welcome Viking! It’s great to hear that you have recovered so well from surgery and are managing your diabetes. The 5:2 eating plan works great for health and managing body comp.

I’m from Las Vegas, 65 YO, 5’10” and 180 lbs. I injured my knee and calf playing football on Halloween day and I’ve been kind of depressed at the lousy eating habits and reduced activity that have packed on 10 extra lbs since. I’m back on track and will be posting here at least weekly.

When I eat to plan I have no issues sleeping on fast days. I haven’t seen anyone else comment on it either. I’m not a big fan of lots of steady state cardio like jogging or biking. The #1 reason is it’s catabolic for muscle tissue. At our age it’s very difficult to retain and build muscle. Lifting intensely and sprint intervals can build muscle and train our metabolic systems way better than steady state cardio and in much less time. I spent 45 minutes a week lifting and sprinting and I’m growing muscle and getting stronger all the time. For me, hours and hours of cardio is unsustainable (and boring as hell) over the long haul. Of course it is necessary to move our bodies as much as possible and for me that means a lot of ballroom dancing, walking and using a stand up desk.

Of course some people just like to bike or jog a lot and that’s cool, it’s just not best way to overall fitness from a hormonal and wear and tear viewpoint.

Good luck on your 5:2 journey and let us know how you are doing.

I don’t have any trouble sleeping, but I do find I need perhaps an hour less sleep – I wake a little earlier and am up and about before anyone else. It is probably something to do with the body having less to digest, a process that tends to make us less alert.

I admire all of your endurance and commitment to exercise. The best I can do is long walks with the dog twice a day.

Viking, I wish you great success with 5:2.

Bronx

Bronx, any movement is a very positive thing for our bodies. Walking your buddy is a great way to enjoy movement. Excessive sitting (more than 3-4 hours a day) has been shown to be a huge factor for poor health. Perhaps as bad a smoking! I work at a stand up desk, walk, hike and dance as often as possible. I don’t consider these things to be exercise. They are necessary for good health but don’t stress the body enough to build bone and muscle and condition the metabolic system.

As for real exercise I don’t like it very much and choose to do only about 30 minutes of it a week. 45 minutes if you count the active stretching. One 15 minute slow weight workout and one 15 minute sprint interval on a spin bike. These are very tough workouts but they are over quickly and produce great results.

Keep on moving and add some weight lifting if you can.

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, Diverdog. They are much appreciated.

Bronx

Hi all, another convert to 5:2 here inspired by Michael Mosley’s doc and hearing good things about the regime. I’m mid-50s, far too heavy and decided to something about it. Something I intend to stay with. Started 12 days ago at 17st 8lb and weighed in this morning at 17st dead. Particularly pleasing is that I’ve been unable to do my usual daily exercise, around 45 mins on my TACX cycle trainer, due to a sore lower back, but should be able to restart next week.

I’m not one for breakfast normally, so to be honest have found the fast days relatively easy so far. Get to midday on milk free tea, coffee and water and mentally I think if I’m not hungry go a few more hours and it will be dinner time. Eat sensibly and it’s easy to turn a “normal” day into a fast day without fretting about it. Non fast days have usually been soup, the odd tangerine, salmon, broccoli, kale and asparagus. Occasionally chicken. Guess I’m lucky in that once I find something tasty, I can eat it very regularly without getting bored. Effectively, these first two weeks have been 4:3 and they’ve been pretty good. No longer missing refined sugar, no headaches and feeling good, and looking forward to starting back on the cycle next week. I’ve bought a Nutribullet and will today experiment with some juicing. Still early days, but I’m hopeful and pretty pleased with regime so far.

Hi redlark,

The family got a nutribullet for Christmas, after I was bugging the wife to get one. Now Im not at all convinced its a good thing to have!! Use it very carefully. Id avoid using it to juice fruits. I think it would be too easy to start having way too much fruit. Maybe yogurt smoothies with a dash of blueberries or strawberries would be OK for flavour? Or vegie drinks?

Hi bigbooty – Thanks for the tip. I’m going to try and stick with just berries and certainly won’t be using any apples or oranges. Plenty of spinach and kale too. I put a few almonds in there too this morning. Surprisingly, it didn’t taste too bad at all!

Hey, same question from me? Please let me know about it!

Sheesh, it’s very quiet in here! I’m a man, live in Southern England and just about to finish my first month on 5:2. Lost 9lbs to date with a weigh in to look forward to tomorrow.

Well done, that is good rate of loss. Stick with it.

Thanks for that Penguin. How are you getting on? I’m steady, 1lb loss this week but did overindulge at the weekend.

I’ve been on the 5:2 for about two years and lost over 28 lb. It isn’t , at least for me, a steady process – I occasionally relapse and put some back on. However, the overall trend is down. I am currently on holiday in Barcelona so my weigh in when I get back will be interesting. I no longer regard 5:2 as a diet, it is just the way I live and my family now accept it as normal.

Well it does work, I’ve been doing this for about 15months, diligently for the first 6 months & lost 25kg. I did end up doing 4:3 for about 3 months as I had a goal to reach & found it easy while at work for the 3 fadt days. Total weight loss now is 40kg in about 18 months so from 120kg to 80 for a 185cmm 52yo man so not too bad. I now have been stable at around 80kg for over 2 months & now do as many fast days as I need to maintain that weight. Don’t know how I will go long term but it is relatively easy & I don’t worry now if we go out or overseas on holidays or have events etc as I have wriggle room. Weekends I tend to have what ever I want as well just have to keep in mind bad things & moderation 😊 keep at it

Bad things and moderation is the tricky bit. I know that there are as many calories in a whisky as there are in an egg but a couple of glasses of whisky do more harm to my idea of moderation than the eggs will ever do.
    I need to shed about another 10 lb and I will, eventually. What is interesting is other people’s perception of us as we progress. My BMI says I need to lose more weight but I can now buy a slim line shirt and people I haven’t seen for while assume I have been ill.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 849 total)

You must be logged in to reply.