are there many guys on this diet ?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
are there many guys on this diet ?

This topic contains 842 replies, has 80 voices, and was last updated by  penguin 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 849 total)

• I have just had my first gym session since November – life gets in the way. Feeling better already. On the subject of exercise I am with PedroG – for years I have believed that exercise both burns calories and raises the metabolic rate and it worked for me. If I today I ate the number of calories I used to eat in a military ration pack my weight would rocket, but then it didn’t! The difficulty is getting in enough exercise. I try for a mix – 5:2 augmented by exercise. If that gives me more muscle and therefore the scales are less impressive I am content – I need muscle to paddle my canoe. It is fat I am trying to lose.

I am off now to buy some new boots, my old ones have expired and Pen y Fan calls.

On exercise: I am in terrible shape;my primary exercise is walking,as I live in an urban area,augmented by limited upper body exercise with 10 lb weights. In the past I was very active and enjoyed the physical and mental benefits. The NYT 7 minute program ( http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/09/the-scientific-7-minute-workout/?_r=0) is one way I hope to introduce HIIT into my life.
    Motivation and consistency to develop an efficient exercise life style, in combination with healthy eating, remain goals to be achieved. On the plus side, towards exercise, I received ice skates as a present and used them once. All great things start with one step forward.

Hi Pedro, I didn’t say that exercise was not “good” and I did say that I like exercise. I said that exercise does not help us to lose weight and that some types of exercise e.g. weight training to build muscle can actually result in us putting on weight. Our bodies use up far more energy just keeping us alive and functioning than we can ever hope to achieve by exercise.
    Having said that, losing weight should not be our only goal. Keeping/getting fit is an important aim too. But it sometimes has the effect of making us put on weight.
    Also what getting fit means varies from person to person. It depends on what we want to do with our bodies.

” for years I have believed that exercise both burns calories and raises the metabolic rate and it worked for me. If I today I ate the number of calories I used to eat in a military ration pack my weight would rocket, but then it didn’t! ”
    Penguin, you are right in saying that exercise burns calories and raises the metabolic rate – but it doesn’t do these things anything like as much as just staying alive does. And when you were younger staying alive consumed even more calories, so you could eat much more than you can now without putting on weight.

Hi bc:

While ‘resting’, fat burns about 2 cal. per hour and muscle burns about 6 cal. per hour. http://www.livestrong.com/article/256919-how-many-calories-does-muscle-burn-compared-to-fat/; http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/84/3/475.full

That means if you go on a muscle building campaign and gain 5 pounds of muscle (a very large amount), you will burn about 20 more calories a day than if you had done nothing.

So as long as you don’t take an extra bite of an apple, you should lose an extra pound every 6 months or so.

This thread covers exercise as it relates to weight loss, and much more: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi bc:

Lack of edit hits again –

That is 2 and 6 cal. per day, not hour!

Sorry!

This isn’t scientific, but I still feel better and more lively after this morning’s exercise. I know from experience that feeling will last until mid-day tomorrow. Daily exercise will keep it going.
    My TDEE is about 2500 cal, that is for a 6’5″ male who exercises gently to moderately. The temperate zone ration pack has 4000 cal. I ate those, a lot of chocolate and everything else I could get hold of and drank beer. I lost 28 lbs in the first three months. Yes I was a lot younger, but the body was working hard The arctic packs, which I have not eaten, have 5,500 cals and you don’t see many fat Royal Marines. I won’t attempt to argue with simcoeluv about resting energy consumption, but if you do enough exercise you will burn the calories. The point is that no one who subscribes to this site is doing enough exercise to achieve serious weight loss, so it is a balance – 5:2 and some exercise. However, any exercise is good – witness the current National Health Service project to get us all eating a healthy diet and taking more exercise.

Pleased to report I laced up the skates again yesterday afternoon for a few turns around a lake side rink while remaining near my TDEE for first time in about 2 weeks. I plan to refresh my 5:2 knowledge and “reboot” my program by dusting off the “the FastLife” for a reread over the next few days and playing some of the better YouTube selections (recommendations appreciated).Today is a FD for me but with the windchill at -17 my mind is focused on comfort food; willpower will be tested!

” I won’t attempt to argue with simcoeluv about resting energy consumption, but if you do enough exercise you will burn the calories. ” You are right, penguin. When I was running marathons I could eat fish and chips and have mars bars for pudding and I still didn’t get fat. I’m not running marathons any more and that’s the problem. You need to be slim to run a marathon anyway, otherwise you can’t schlepp all that fat round for 26 miles.

Hi:

Many people confuse combining exercise with weight loss with exercise with weight maintenance. Exercise is great for weight maintenance, but unhelpful for weight loss. The numbers explain it.

The numbers show that if you eat 50 cal. over your TDEE daily for a year, you will gain a bit over 5 pounds. 100 cal. over makes it 10 pounds a year. 50 cal. is less than in an medium apple. 100 is about what is in a big apple.

So if you are at a certain weight and exercising – and are maintaining that weight – you can assume that the exercise you are doing is burning the ‘excess’ calories you are eating over the number of calories you would need to maintain that same weight without exercise.

When you stop exercising, but don’t reduce your calorie consumption below what you were eating when exercising, you gain weight. That is what often happens, and you say you stopped exercising and gained weight. Of course you did! The exercise was not burning that many calories, but it was burning enough to allow you to eat at your elevated caloric intake.

But now you are overweight and wanting to lose weight. Exercise does not burn that many calories – I have to run 18 miles a week (at 9 MPH) without eating an extra calorie over what I am eating now to lose a pound – and most fat people simply can’t do that much exercise, even if they want to, to lose just a pound. It is simply an unrealistic way for fat people wanting to lose weight to lose very much weight over the time frames they have in mind. All research confirms that exercise simply does not materially contribute to weight loss.

As my originating post states, exercise is the best thing you can do to improve your health (unless you smoke – stop) – even above weight loss. It can also materially contribute to weight maintenance as the ‘numbers’ illustrate.

But it simply is not a way for the ordinary fat person to lose weight. What is worse, the ‘authorities’ have taught for decades that to lose weight you need to exercise. So many fat people think they must exercise to lose weight, and when they can’t exercise, or don’t want to, they think they can’t lose weight at all. Many that think like this have showed up on this site wondering if 5:2 will work for them if they can’t exercise. And many, many more have started diets and exercise programs and abandoned both when they get tired of exercising without huge weight loss progress or get injured (as many, many do) and feel it is useless to continue without the exercise component of the weight loss program.

So, exercise for better health. If you want to maintain your current weight but want to eat more than you must eat to do that without exercise, then exercise to burn up the extra calories you want to eat. But if you want to lose weight, eat less.

It really is that simple.

Well first weigh-in after the festive season. I shut my eyes but it’s not too bad considering the amount of extra sweet and fat foods I eaten. Family, friends and I’ve been away too. Alcohol. Far too much wine and spirits. Less sport with the rink shut over Christmas.

Gained only 1kg ! I could feel it coming on.

So new years resolutions :
    • stay on the 5:2 for another 3 months
    • get down to a new weight target – just a couple of kgs to lose – nothing radical.
    • try out HIT as an extra exercice method
    • keep cycling – but the weather is super cold at the moment
    • I bought new jeans. 2 inches less on the waist than before from 34″ to 32″ – so the idea is to keep being able to put them on !

Good luck with your FDs.

Last year I bought a “Slim fit” polo shirt. The first slim fit anything I have ever had. It is still a snug fit but I can wear it. I now find that “regular” shirts and jeans are a generous fit which, as I am still over weight, must say something about the norm. This isn’t logical, but I find a that I am more encouraged by that shirt than anything the scales say.

@david V: Congrats on the minimal holiday gain.
    @penquin: I understand the Slim Fit shirt “encouragement”.
    My holiday gain was 2.5-3 kg over my first week in Dec readings, and I had not reached my short term or long term weight or body fat goals.
    I have 10 kg to optimum weight, 5-6 kg to a comfort level; body fat composition remains my main concern. Resolutions seems all the more challenging on a -11C morning.

Hi, just adding my ‘weight’ to this guys post. I’m 63, an Aussie (relevant mainly in that I don’t have to cope with terrible winters) and lost 37 kilos in 2016. My target is 45 loss, and going well, 1.2 KGs in the last week. I just water fast 2 days of the week and eat / drink whatever on the other 5. Very effective for me. I note others eat some calories on fasting days, and / or watch what they eat on the other days, and I’m learning the importance of that so I can tell people who ask me what I’m doing, so thanks for all the info. Mainly wanted to respond to the original theme of this thread, and reassure that yes men do follow this lifestyle, and can have success.

That is nearly twice what I have lost in the three years or so I have been on and off the 5:2. Impressive

Have done the 5:2 diet in the past but ended up doing 4:3 to get to my goal weight. That was about 9 months ago. Since then have put weight on again. My BMI is exactly 25 at 12stone7. One more pound and I would be “obese”! I want to lose another stone now and am doing the Every Other Day version of the fast diet now, eating 500 cals on fast days. I have read that on this diet, once you reach your goal weight you should graduate to 1000 cals 3 times a week (Mon, Wed, Fri) and as much as you like to eat on other days. I’m hoping this will allow me to maintain my goal weight when I reach it.
    I’d be interested to know what other guys have done (or plan to do) after reaching their goal weight and with what success. Apparently 5 out of 6 dieters revert to their unhealthy weight a year after reaching the goal. So it seems important to think in the much longer term about a maintenance diet.

Not feeling great, may have been exposed to the flu; the strain that is making people ill is reportedly not covered in this year’s flu shot.
    As 2017 gets going I seem to be able to stick to the <600 on FDS but can not avoid the pitfall of going over TDEE on NFDs. Ideally, my goals remain: dropping 10 kg overall and about 8% body fat while building more lean body mass over the next 4-6 months. Knowing I am not the only man on this path makes a big difference; I enjoy reading all your posts, the success stories are encouraging.
    Now if I can just diminish the impact of this virus!

Hi everyone,i started 5:2 on monday for the first time. I weighed in at 13st 2lbs and i am hoping to lose about a stone. It was the other health benefits that really interested me but weight loss would be nice as well.

welcome teamy. Always good to have a new voice. Let us know how it goes.

They say feed a cold and starve a virus but I think it’s more complex than that tbh. I wonder if the Every Other Day version of fasting might suit you better, August? I am reading the book The Every Other Day Diet by Krista Varady – have read 75% and it’s good and only 99p as a Kindle download. Seems well supported by research etc. and it gets good reviews. I have just finished a no-fast day, which is great – no rules at all today. Tomorrow it’s 500 cals but the day without limits is never more than a day away.

@mark Mywordz “My BMI is exactly 25 at 12stone7. One more pound and I would be “obese””
    No – you would be just entering “overweight”. No way near obese.
    I had a BMI of 26,8 before this diet in september at 85kg – not that far off your weight. It took less than a month to get under 25. It’s down to 23,5 now.

“I’d be interested to know what other guys have done (or plan to do) after reaching their goal weight and with what success. Apparently 5 out of 6 dieters revert to their unhealthy weight a year after reaching the goal.”

I would also like to know. I really hope that the 5 out of 6 stat is way wrong.
    I am at that stage now. I have also put on 1kg since reaching my goal in december but hope that it was just the festive period that was to blame and not a trend to gain the lost kilos.
    I admit I am finding it a little more difficult to stay focussed so I’m back on the 5:2 again. A little too much cheese, wine, whisky, pringles etc has crept back on to the table.
    It does seem that this has to be a real life change more than just a diet. But then I guess all diets lean in this direction.

If you search simcoeluv’s posts a few pages back you can see the stats on the Every Other Day diet. It doesn’t seem to really be more efficient for the sacrificies needed.
    Time will do it if you stay on the 5:2. I’m convinced.

On another subject : alcohol, Dr Mosely was on radio 4 yesterday talking about alcohol consumption and the difficulty in relating drinks with “units” of alcohol.
    As I can easily relate to 5:2 in terms of days on and days off, he was talking about 2+2 which was him 2 FDs + 2 days per week without alcohol at all. His aim is to not drink at all during the week. Of course normally the FDs should be alcohol free…
    I’m totally in phase with this thinking but like him, I like a drink or two mid-week and tend to consider Friday night as the weekend so let’s open a bottle. So really totally alcohol free days – or rather evenings – are actually not many.
    So this year, I have planned to address this problem too.

@teamy: welcome and best of wishes to reach your goals
    @mark Mywords :Thanks I may give the every other day a try once I feel human again.
    @david V: Good words always. BTW are you back to hockey in the New Year?
    @priderj: Depths of winter here in the “Frozen North” so I envy(and jealous of) your Aussi qualification;Parka’s, Scarfs, Touques (knit hats) and Mitts are our reality right now!
    @penquin: I think you may have the most seniority, and success, in making 5:2 a way of sustainable living.
    To accelerate my program I have been thinking keeping at or under my BMR on the NFDs may be a course of action. In 2013-2014 I was very successful at dropping from 92 kg to below 82 kg by the use of a food diary with my daily goal of <1600 cals which is around my current BMR. Of course as you drop weight the BMR reduces and you have to adjust downward, being on the 5: 2 does that by it’s nature.
    Best of luck to all

@august – yep back playing hockey again. It’s a good workout. I’m not cycling at the moment because the weather is awful.
    Weekly weigh-in this morning and I’m back on track after the festive period.
    Back to what I was on decembre 23.
    It’ll be interesting to see if I lose some more. It feels like I’ve reached a limit.

We still have a Christmas pudding to eat though…

Way to go @david V; From the winter chill, holiday over indulgence, a virus, and every other excuse I can think of, I am still 2 kg over Dec start; oh well no longer 3.5 kg over! One day at a time in many, if not all, things.

Hi All. . . .this may be a crazy question!??? I usually wake up hungry. . it’s now 12.30 and at 7 am. I had a grape and a black coffee. Since then I’ve had a pint of water but I don’t feel hungry yet!! I am however craving something to chew on or a cuppa soup . . . So, the question; If I eat a small morsel now, will it go on to make me hungry in an hour’s time or should I just consider myself lucky that I am riding it well??
    cheers Tom

My 5cts here – and I’m not a nutritionist so take with a pinch of salt…
    Well food has 2 main fonctions.
    It’s a fuel that keeps your body working. So you could probably eat 2500 cals of bland tasting gruel everyday if it had all the proper doses of proteins, carbs etc in it.
    But then there’s taste and pleasure and that unlocks loads more doors in your body. I’m sure someone will chip in as to the scientific reasons of the role of pleasure in eating. I’m sure there are sugars that wake up your senses and your palette and cry out for more. So I’m aware of them and stay away from them.

I’ve always found that water cuts my appetite so maybe that explains why you don’t feel hungry. Fill your stomach up with a pint of water that will make you fell physically full anyway for a while. Coffee does too for me and I also associate it with the end of a meal rather than the beginning. It’s not an appetizer for me.
    If you’re craving something to chew, eat an apple. A really big apple will keep you going for 5 minutes. For 70 cals. A fruit or muesli bar can be up to 500 cals.

I realised this morning at breakfast that I’m never really hungry. I eat more out of convention that any other reason. Because I can and the food is there.
    If I have a coffee or lunch break I might be tempted eating biscuits or cake because they’re usually there. So now I don’t buy the biscuits and cake.

So did you really wake up hungry or maybe you think you were hungry because you usually eat at that time. I find that this diet has made me question many of my needs and habits. Not a bad thing.

Makes me sound like a sad joe but I party too sometimes !

Hi tomtit:

A general answer to a general question – it depends on what you eat.

If you eat carbs, like juice or toast or whatever, you will be hungry in an hour, and probably stay hungry the rest of the day.

If you eat fat and a modest amount of protein, you will probably not get hungry for quite a while.

If you eat nothing, you might feel hungry for a short period of time once in awhile, but overall be just fine.

Many find eating a 600 cal. evening meal that is high in fat, moderate in protein works best on diet days. Some find eating nothing at all works best for them.

Good Luck!

Hi David and Simco
    . . . thank you for the replies. There is some ‘food’ for thought there. I actually decided to do my own experiment and have a 17 calorie teaspoon of Bovril in hot water. Disaster!! It certainly woke up my taste buds as lass than an hour later I was craving food!
    So from my point of view if I don’t feel hungry I won’t indulge but drink plenty of water.
    Good luck and cheers.

@simcoeluv : Thank you for your great posts, links and comments. I learn everytime.
    @DavidV: I like your real world comments and experience,especially when I have read about your success.
    @MarkMywordz: I think the every other day may be a good idea, it just seems a bit of an obstacle to get my mind around right now as I have some residual virus/flu issues.
    Best to all on a “warm”,2 to 4 C high, but very gloomy/damp day in Toronto.

I have decided to add HIT to my life. Just 7/8 minutes maybe every other day to start with. I read the Fast Exercice book and I’m intrigued. Also I have lost a lot of upper body mass after losing 11kgs and could do with firming up my chest and my stomach’s a bit loose after losing 9cm around the waist.

So started saturday. So surprised to find it harder than I thought ! I mean 30 secs is not long to do anything really – or so I thought.
    The squats killed me ! I managed 25 pressups in 30 secs but Dr Mosely says he can do 35! Wow! And the sit-ups. Don’t even talk about it.
    I’m also finding the 10sec pause between exercises difficult. I can hardly get my breath back.

Anyone else adding this to their diet ? And has seen a difference.

@DavidV : I applaud and envy your drive. Currently, to just get moving more, I am trying to make a HIIT similar NYT Scientific 7-Minute Workout(http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/projects/workouts/) a habit along with taking the stairs and more walking. Too early to report any difference or personal benefits aside from beating our ongoing “Gloom”;day 8 of not seeing the sun.

Here’s my 5 month review.
    Weight from 84,9kg to 74,2kg
    Fat mass from 27,1% to 18,6%
    BMI from 26,4 to 23,4

I’ve sort of stopped losing weight and I’m yoyoing around the 74kg mark. Lowest was 73,4kg.
    Given that my target was originally 75kg I should be happy but I’m a bit pissed I can’t move another 2kg to reach 72kg.
    @august – feel the drive has put it’s brakes on. Eating more potatoes, cheese and bread. And beers with the hockey boys. A bad influence but essential social moments.

Saw my doc this week for an annual checkup and blood test.
    I do these every year since 2009.
    Without boring you with details, my Triglycerides have plummetted from last year ! Totally ! I dug out an old test from 2009 when I was 50 and 82kg. Triglycerides down from 2,03 g/l to 0,78 g/l.
    The other marker that has also plummetted is the PSA count. I’m no way near any dangerous level but it’s down from 1,21 ng/ml to 0,58. Never been that low.

All due the diet I guess. Triglycerides I can figure but the PSA count ?

I thought the cholesterol levels would drop a lot more than they have.

All in all it’s good news. Hope it’s stil be that good in a year’s time !

I’ve done HIT twice this week with an aim to keep it up but indoor exercices bore me stiff. Roll on springtime.

Happy February
    Weight goal for Feb 28: 83 kg
    Exercise goal for Feb: HIIT program 3X a week
    Tools/strategy :continuing food and exercise diary
    Challenge: staying under TDEE on NFDs
    Big challenge this coming weekend: a mens offsite group retreat with lots of “stick to the ribs” country cooking, plus the Super Bowl. YIKES!

Hi,

Just thought I’d say say that I went on the 5:2 lifestyle change in September 2012. I have maintained it since then apart from holidays and parties and dropped 7 stone and maintain a healthy weight but massively improved health from aches and pains disappearing, asthma not needing medication, etc.

It is now what I have done and will do going forward.

Good luck to those changing how they live, the 5:2 has fundamentally changed my life and that of others that have decided to give it a go including my wife.

I did no exercise whilst concentrating on losing weight then when at an ideal weight I have used HIIT and heavy weight training which has been hard work and by all account it will always be hard work 🙂

I have been quiet lately. I put on a little weight over Christmas, then took a 10 day break in Madeira during which I ate and drank too much, but walked about 8 miles a day and hit the gym. I came home with my weight unchanged; still up from Christmas. but no worse. However, mainly the lack of progress is because I have been waiting for the results of the 12 month review of my colon cancer surgery. They are in and I have clearance to live as I wish, so with 14 lbs to go to achieve target the game is afoot. A heavy gym session this morning, a celebratory whisky this evening and the first real fasting day for some time tomorrow. I don’t normally do targets but this time I am with August, there is a plan.

Plan for this evening is to watch Mr Michael on TV – programme about the comparative values of diet and exercise.

Thank you men for the ongoing inspiration,especially through these dark days of winter.
    My “guys Weekend” away and Super Bowl “grazing” are behind me now; I exercised restraint compared to most, everything is relative,but I will avoid the scale until later in the week. I now take the stairs again where ever possible but establishing every other day HIIT as a habit is still in the works.

Hi All,

I’m returning to the Fast Diet. I’m 68 years old and fairly active. Prior to hitting 60 years in 2008, my weight was 168 to 173 lbs. By 2013, it had crept up to 187 lbs. and I went on the Fast Diet. By Week 10, I had gotten down to 175 and stayed very near there (172 to 177) for about a year. At some point, I began to backslide and my weight crept back up.

Just after the New Year, I had a physical. My weight, with shoes and clothes on, was 197 lbs. In his notes, the doctor described me as “well nourished.” That really did it for me.

I re-started the Diet on January 13. My starting weight was 194 lbs. I’m now at 187 lbs.

I’m very happy, feeling better, and aim to get back to 175 lbs, which will give me a BMI of 25.

B.C.

Hello Gent’s, it’s been a while since I checked in here and unfortunately I’ve been pretty out of control with eating. I just got back from a two week cruise and I managed to pack on an addition 5 lbs on top of the 12 I gained over the holidays. I’m the heaviest I’ve been in 5 years (190.6 lbs at 5’9″)

I’ve been working out consistently for the last month and I’m quite a bit stronger but it is so true that you just can’t out workout your mouth! Started 5:2 with a fast day today.

Diverdog, good to hear from you again! Bull City welcome. They sound familiar tales – Christmas and a general lack of motivation did it for me as well. However it is recoverable. I decided 7 days ago. to get a grip and although it hasn’t been a good week (weekend in London) I am about 2lbs down.

Diver, I agree with you and others that exercise alone will not take off weight, at least not significantly. During my weight gains and losses, I kept up a pretty constant level of exercise.

For me, the culprits are beer, wine and the occasional martini. Eliminating these twice a week, in addition to less food, make a big impact.

Lose weight in the Kitchen | Get fit in the Gym
    I have that posted on my refrigerator. A big issue for me, and all men I think, is relearning what an appropriate portion size is as we “mature”. Great to know I am not alone in the battle.

I’m a guy and just started the fast diet January 1st. My wife is also doing it so that helps us to encourage each other. I started at 89kg. I’m 185.5cm tall. Over the month I’m now at 84.5kg, My goal is 83kg or 185lbs.( I’m from Florida, USA). I’m retired and have time to go to the gym twice a week and yoga 3 times a week. That really helps with changing fat to muscle. I’ve found that if I east a larger meal in the late morning and a smaller meal (oatmeal etc.) in the early evening I have more energy while going through the day. This may be helpful since you are working. I’ve also found myself more aware of what I’m eating throughout the week, not eating crap that contains lots of calories and sugar, saving those calories for my favorite foods. Good Luck It gets easier from week to week.

One week check in since returning from my cruise and getting back on plan. Only one fast day last week but I ate much better on NFD’s. Lost 4.8 lbs, 190.6 to 185.8. I’m sure next weeks loss will be more modest but I’m stoked to see continued progress. Planning on two fast days this week.

Mid-month is past and my February “results” reflect giving into personal caloric sabotage and winter sloth! The Sun is out today; maybe a dose of solar power will inspire me to take better action.

Finished my second week after my big cruise binge. Lost one lb this week, 185.8 to 184.8. (5.6 lbs in 2 weeks) I only had one good fast day and was a bit generous on NFD’s but the scale moved in the correct direction. I did get to the gym to lift weights twice and was active every day.

@diverdog: congrats on the positive results and resolve!

29yr male here. BMI 26. I need to lose 15kg. TDEE 2150 and max 600 on fast days. I been as low as 300 a few times. 24hr water fast with light/medium exercise at the end made me lightheaded. Then I had to eat because of the drive home. I think I will do exercise earlier or take it easy on fast days. 5:2 Fasting day #11 on Sunday then #12 on Wednesday. Results so far 4 Weeks 4kg loss.

Good luck guys!

Welcome SD09. I usually do HIIT on a spin bike the morning of my fast day. No issues with weakness or light head that way. I like to burn off stored glycogen early and then eat ~ 400 calories in the evening.

@diverdog thank you for the advice. Btw I did 3 fast days in one week when I switched to Sundays/Wedensdays. Is it better to keep the same days or does it matter at all?

I think I will keep to the same days for as long as possible then switch if I feel like its for the better.

Also after doing 5:2 I have way more energy than usual I can go for long walks or run without problems.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 849 total)

You must be logged in to reply.