April 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
April 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 574 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 577 total)

• Day 19 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    What a glorious day again today. Lifts the spirits.
    Shouldn’t grumble about a couple of days of rain though. The garden did need it.
    So today’s jobs will be to finish weeding the flower beds in the back garden and plant some fuchsias that DS bought whilst doing his essential shopping. 🙂
    Trying to get some colour into the garden.
    @saffy420 – I missed this week’s show but I’m hoping to watch next week.
    Have a great Sunday everybody.

Day 19 UK NFD

Lovely day here so looking forward to getting out in the garden Coincidentally @funshipfreddie I was thinking about @ciren2 Hope you’re lurking and well👋

Day 19 USA (Illinois) NFD

Hopefully will manage well enough today, but I’ve consumed too many breads and carbs lately. Need to curb that … tomorrow. Online church here shortly, then hopefully some outside work in the sunshine.

@flourbaby – glad you enjoyed Phantom like I did.

We completely forgot to watch the “world wide concert” of artists in their homes. Hopefully I can find a re-broadcast on the web.

Onward and downward.

Hi @brightonbelle !
    Well, I actually haven’t looked on this site since page 5 or 6….but just had a quick look and saw you! Yes, I’m well, still delivering the mail as usual. How about you? All of you? Hope you’re ok. Thank goodness (in the uk at least) for such a run of lovely, sunny spring weather.
    Stay well xx

Day 19 UK FD

Don’t know where yesterday’s post went but it was a NFD. Managed a fairly successful FD today and will continue with further FD tomorrow. Have started doing Leslie Sansone’s walking workouts and trying to do two per day. So far managing ok as not really very strenuous!

Hope everyone is having a peaceful Sunday. Stay safe.

@mia139 – I looked up Leslie Sansone’s walking workouts. That looks like very disciplined walking with lots of other motions mixed in from the video I saw. That all is very much like our first 20 minutes of Silver Sneakers, then we go to weights, stretchy tube bands, then stretching/relaxation. But the Leslie S. program looks great!

Day 20 – Japan – WFD (#32)

Day 19 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 18 — NFD

Phew! What a day! I participated in a 2 hour Zoom meeting that was incredibly tense — if we all had been in the same room, it could have easily erupted into fisticuffs. At least with Zoom that didn’t happen. A benefit of using Zoom that I had never heard about! The NFD’s have been good. I was a little disappointed yesterday when the scales showed that I had gained about a pound and a half (about .7 kg). With doing 5:2 and 14:10 on NFD’s, I really can’t cut back much more. It’s not as if I’m eating huge amounts during the 10 either. This is a puzzle.

Peaceful start of the week to all!

Day 20 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Yay, it will be my first FD in a while. The plot has been lost, what with the outside world turned upside down, then DH having to take three weeks “holiday” from his job (aviation fuel is not in demand these days), the general depression, sleepless nights….you get the picture.

Too much self medication with wine and carbs.

But today it’s almost back to normal. DH back to work for the week and that means U can have my FD lentil soup this evening without poor DH rustling up another sumptuous meal. I can’t say it his fault, I don’t have to much carbs and drink wine 😄

My father escaped from home last week. He is supposed to be cocooning as he is 83, but he finds it tough. My brother lives with him and does all his shopping etc. So on Friday my Dad asked my brother to pick up his meds at the chemist. Off goes my brother, and as soon as left my Dad made his escape!!! He hopped into his car and drove up the Dublin Mountains then sat in his car listening to the radio 😆

We were all very cross with him, but I completely understand where he is coming from, and I do admire his feisty spirit. Luckily he was spotted by the police who would have had to tell him to go home. Now it’s the old people sneaking out when their children ground them ☺️

Have a great Monday.

Pocket list day 20
    @daffodil2010

Day 20 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Ended up having to water the flower beds yesterday, no rain here again, no signs of any either. The ground is cracking already, hard to believe after the wet winter we had, but all this sunshine and drying winds is already taking its toll!

I’m alway watching out for what nature’s doing round here, there’s a heronry just round the corner from us, there are somewhere between 20/25 nests, which are huge platforms in the tops of the trees. They started pairing up just before the gales, but didn’t start building (apart from anything else, as they are so large, flying with the addition of nesting material was impossible) but it’s quite comical walking past now and hear them chattering to each other.
    As well as migrating birds there are loads of butterflies and bees around, had a passenger for part of yesterdays walk, a Speckled Wood butterfly! Not one I’ve come across before, but landed on my chest, so we stood in the warm sun for a few minutes before it departed!

@daffodil2010 – I’m with your Dad, despite living in a lovely area and going out for my daily walk(s) I’m getting ready for a change. We all know you can have too much of a good thing!

Take care all

Pocket list day 20
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 20 North Wales FD

Pocket list day 20
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @molij

Have a good dat everyone x

Day 20 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – 🥚FD 1

@ciren2 – nice to hear from you!

Another interesting theory I read yesterday; scientists in Spain are investigating a link between vitamin D levels & Coronavirus survival rates. Less time in the sun = less vitamin D. This could be another reason for the difference in infection rates between the northern & southern hemispheres.You’re 3 – 4 times more likely to catch a cold if you’re vitamin D deficient (vitamin D – aka the sunshine vitamin) & so the theory is that a viral respiratory infection like Covid-19 would be worse if you were vitamin D deficient.

Pocket List – Day 20 🍒
    @dykask WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie 🥚FD

Day 20 UK FD

Enjoyed the weekend a little too much but fasting today and aiming to get in some exercise Great to hear from @ciren2 Looks like some nice weather for you again this week all you posties are doing a great job – well done

Pocket List – Day 20 🍒
    @dykask WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie 🥚FD
    @brightonbelle

Day 20 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

I need to get back into a proper 5:2 structured weekly routine, bit off plan since Easter, so joining today’s pocket listers.

Pocket List – Day 20 🍒
    @dykask WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie 🥚FD
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear

Stay safe everyone 🙂

Day 20 – UK – FD

Hi everyone I have been lurking in the background just using the spreadsheet but have not felt I could contribute……However I know that I need some accountability with my eating/drinking so I am making the effort to to log in daily from today until the end of the challenge.

We have been so spoilt with brilliant weather this spring…….cannot remember when we last had rain……all the becks are running very low even here in cumbria and the boggy bits on my local fells are dry underfoot.

I have kept up with my on line classes (doing Yogax3 – Brogax2 – Pilatesx1 – Aerobicx1) and going out for walks probably 3-4 days a weeks on average but I have only managed 5 x FDs this month so far and a lot of my NFDs leave a lot to be desired 😠

Keeping safe and isolated as much as possible but doing some volunteering in my local village by doing shopping for a couple of elderly households who are in total isolation for health reasons – we are so lucky to have local food shops, butcher and a delicatessen that cater for our needs really well so have not had to drive outside of the village to a big supermarket – no shortages but limited selection in fish/seafood (OH is pescatarian) so enjoying lots of yummy vegetarian meals.

I don’t feel able to read back to try and catch up so hoping that everyone is safe and well 🤗

I’m starting fresh today with a FD joining the pocket list for support and inspiration
    Pocket List – Day 20 🍒
    @dykask WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie 🥚FD
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @at

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 20 Melb Aust FD

After a LOT of food yesterday, today has had to be a really strict FD. Doing okay so far (300 cals), and not too long before bedtime, so I think I’ve succeeded, yay!

@ciren2, good to hear from you and know you’re still hovering.

@at, good to see you back!

Pocket List – Day 20 🍒
    @dykask WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie 🥚FD
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @at
    @betsylee

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 20 – Ireland – NFD
    Hi all! @ihatelettuce I wish we had your weather here over the weekend … it was grey and gloomy but it is due to improve this week… we can’t really complain though as it had been lovely since lockdown..
    @matpi I can relate to your frustration! Like you I’ve been quite good but it is definitely not reflecting on the scales… this is where I tend to lose heart but I won’t as know it will come 🤞
    @ciren2 it’s great to have you back and I hope you and if the other frontline /essential workers feel the love and gratitude from us all… I enjoyed the Together at home evening last night… very emotional and in awe of all those people who are working for us right now… I’m essential for my firm but quite the same thing…
    I’ve been busy doing Joe Wicks and can’t wait to see my body transform 🤣😂 but must also look up Leslie Sanson…sounds interesting!
    Oh @daffodil2010 fair play to your dad!!! 😂 I know he broke the rules but boy I can definitely sympathise…. its so hard not to break out 🤣…. and he didn’t come into contact with anyone else….
    Welcome back @at!

Pocket List – Day 20 🍒
    @dykask WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie 🥚FD
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @at
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 20 France FD

Thank you for more kind words from @flourbaby and @betsylee. Lovely is making good progress, sleeping a lot and thankfully taking her antibiotics, ground up and mixed with cream!

My weight has stayed the same with doing no FDs last week. We did a huge amount of work outside, shifting masses of wood and storing away and digging heavy clay so couldn’t manage on very low calories. However, today I’m back on plan with a FD800. Have taken out chicken pot au feu from the freezer (it’s a very light leek, turnip, carrot and chicken casserole cooked with zero fat and lots of herbs).

Good luck to fellow fasters today.

Pocket List – Day 20 🍒
    @dykask WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie 🥚FD
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @at
    @betsylee
    @clemmi

Day 20 France FD

I forgot to say @daffodil2010, your post about your dad made me smile. My mum, aged 86 does exactly the same. We’ve tried to talk her out of going for her little ‘runs’ in the car but she still does it. No harm done as she doesn’t get out of the car but potential problems if it broke down etc.

Day 20 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Another week of lockdown begins. I feel I’m getting into the flow now. Doesn’t lessen the impact on my mental health but its becoming the new norm. I’m finally able to settle to my knitting and reading rather than skimming articles.
    @ciren2 glad you are still lurking, safe and well.
    @daffodil2010 – your dad brought a smile to my face. My mum is 84 and finding the days very long despite my brother & I trying to send her links to things she might enjoy. She hasn’t escaped yet though.
    @ihatelettuce – it is lovely to see all the wildlife, thought DH thought he saw a rat yesterday running along our neighbour’s wall. That’s too much nature for me.
    @funshipfreddie – Vit D link sounds interesting, one to watch.
    @at – lovely to hear from you. Sometimes you have to do what you can, your exercise regime sounds great.
    @clemmi – that chicken pot au feu sounds tasty.
    Pocket list is growing today. My plan is for a 500cal day.
    Pocket List – Day 20 🍒
    @dykask WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie 🥚FD
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @at
    @betsylee
    @clemmi
    @suki2

Day 20 FD London UK

Joining the pocket list today.

Pocket List – Day 20 🍒
    @dykask WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie 🥚FD
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @at
    @betsylee
    @clemmi
    @suki2
    @emma-taylor

Another beautiful day in London. We went for our daily walk yesterday in Balham, not that far from home, and the high road was really busy with cars and people, and it made me really fed up. It just reminded me how busy things are here normally, and how I unknowingly grit my teeth to put up with it. Maybe I need to move out of London….Hope everybody has a good day. H

Day 20 – FD – Donegal

May as well join the pocket list and give it a go. Wasn’t exactly bold over the weekend but not very good either.
    @clemmi hope your little cat is doing okay

Pocket List – Day 20 🍒
    @dykask WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie 🥚FD
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @at
    @betsylee
    @clemmi
    @suki2
    @emma-taylor
    @emerald32

Day 20 second post. Just adding jaifaim back on the pocket list. She added herself, then got missed off.

Pocket List – Day 20 🍒
    @dykask WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie 🥚FD
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @at
    @betsylee
    @clemmi
    @suki2
    @emma-taylor
    @emerald32
    @jaifaim

Day 20 third post – though checking back at @jaifaim‘s post, she said she was having a NFD today even while going on the Pocket list. Strange; sorry if I got it wrong.

Day 20 UK FD

Planning to start another run of FDs today. Will be working every day so easier to avoid temptation. Strangely the more weight I lose, the more I think I need to reset my goal….. downwards! Still plenty fat clinging to these bones!
    Been out for a walk near where I live and will get on with the online walking when I come home later.
    Stay safe fasters and have a good day wherever you are.

Day 20, London, UK, FD,

It’ll be a good FD for me today, I’ve just had a tuna salad and there’s broccoli & Stilton soup for dinner, all washed down with 3L water and I should be golden!!!

Lovely to hear from you @at, this forum is keeping me grounded in these turbulent times. No doubt, I would hurl myself from the wagon if I wasn’t posting daily!!

@michelinme, I hope you’re feeling more in control now, once you have a few FDs under your belt you’ll wonder how & why you let your control slip!!!

Pocket List – Day 20 🍒
    @dykask WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie 🥚FD
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @at
    @betsylee
    @clemmi
    @suki2
    @emma-taylor
    @emerald32
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby

Onward & downwards folks!!!!

“You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” – C.S. Lewis

Day 20 – USA – NFD

Crazy schedule this month, and did not adhere to 16:8, hence, a gain of up to 5 lbs. up and down all month. Will have to figure out a way.

Day 20 USA (Illinois) NFD

I’m just sitting too much, it seems, so I ought to have a lower TDEE. Or workout more… going to do that today.

@daffodil2010 – your father certainly is spunky! Hope he’s able to cope. Indeed, we become parents to our parents! 🙂

@metatauta – I am with you, having gone up this month rather than down, for me, about 3 pounds. Go figure.

Onward and downward.

Day 20, UK NFD

Checking in, we had a lovely weekend. Weather brightened up again yesterday and today is sunny. Managed a longish walk today, not eating too much but definitely FDs are not in my vocabulary at the minute.
    @ciren2 and @at, welcome back. I’m posting here to make sure I keep this WOL in my mind. I’m hoping once I get back to work we can introduce some normality which will motivate me to jump back on the wagon.

Keep safe everyone.

Day 20 – FD – second post

Thanks @betsylee for looking out for me and adding me back onto the list!! Obviously my head is 🙃!!!
    It is a FD … although it’s been a tough one so far…
    This has helped to reset my willpower! Thank you for your kindness 💕

USA Day 20 FD

I am doing a regular 5:2 week, possibly a 4:3 week, depending how things go. It’s strange because I was comfort eating and couldn’t stop, hence the weight gain. Now I seem to be losing interest in eating. Everything is challenging these days! Anyway, I will be adding myself to the pocket list.

Daffodil2010, I love the story about your father. He reminds me of mine. He used to take rides in the car and then just sit in the car with the sun on his face. He so enjoyed that! I miss him. He’s been gone a long time now.

Pocket List – Day 20 🍒
    @dykask WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie 🥚FD
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @at
    @betsylee
    @clemmi
    @suki2
    @emma-taylor
    @emerald32
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @ccco

Have a safe day!

Day 20 Canton OH FD
    So for the first time ever, OH is joining me on the fast diet! This is very exciting and just what I need to stay on track. It’s back to the basics for me for sure because I do not want him to be discouraged; he has committed to eating what I eat and doing what I do. We have committed to 16:8 daily TRE and 4:3
    He has about 25 pounds to lose and I have about 5, so between us 30 pounds to get to maintenance.

I did not check in over the weekend because I was really busy with finishing up our landscaping with OH, it was a lot of work but so worth it! It looks great!!!

So thankful for this forum, it really is providing a source of stability in very uncertain times. Be safe everyone. I promise to catch up on posts tomorrow. Joining this very long and inspiring pocket list

Pocket List – Day 20 🍒
    @dykask WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie 🥚FD
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @at
    @betsylee
    @clemmi
    @suki2
    @emma-taylor
    @emerald32
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @basyjames

USA Day 20 FD

Must have added myself to the wrong pocket list, so redoing it!

Pocket List – Day 20 🍒
    @dykask WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie 🥚FD
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @at
    @betsylee
    @clemmi
    @suki2
    @emma-taylor
    @emerald32
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @ccco

FD
    Massachusetts, USA

After eating normally this weekend, I managed a FD today, easier since I was working on the darn computer all day. Just drank cuppa coffee and water all day and eggs for dinner. Looking forward to eating tomorrow, but so far so good with this 5:2 Mondays& Thursdays.

Thinking of lighter clothing in the near future so motivated to tear off these baggy quarantine clothes!!

Day 21, Tasmania, Australia FD
    I tried catching up with everyone, but I can’t seem to concentrate, I’m sorry. I managed to do 2 fasts last week & am doing one today. I need some structure. Today I will go for a big walk to try to lift my mood.
    Today’s pocket list-
    @cateaus

USA Day 20 FD

Well, today’s FD crashed and burned! Tomorrow will be better. I have it all planned out. I am having trouble staying on target in all this going on. Structure might be more helpful! Hope everyone had a good day!

Day 21 – Japan – NFD

Made it through my water fast, but it wasn’t easy. I had more discomfort and even some hunger pains. It wasn’t until about 9pm last night that I was sure I was going to make it until morning.

@matpi – I think the stress is getting to many.

So many still fasting … I wish others better time than I had!

Pocket List – Day 20 🍒
    @dykask WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie 🥚FD
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @at
    @betsylee
    @clemmi
    @suki2
    @emma-taylor
    @emerald32
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @ccco

Day 20 Ohio, US — FD

This FD has gone a little better than the last several. I took another look at my calorie count and it was only about 400 calories. I moved that up to 600 today and things have definitely gone better.

@jaifaim and @dykask Yes, you’re right. The stress from the current situation is definitely constant. I thought I’ve been handling it okay, but now I wonder. Cortisol and other stress hormones can cause a weight gain, so maybe that’s what is going on here. I seem to remember that Norman Cousins overcame the stress of cancer by watching comedy movies nonstop. He attributed his cure to the power of laughter. Maybe I should spend more time watching cute animal videos.

Just to round out the day’s pocket list:

Pocket List – Day 20 🍒
    @dykask WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie 🥚FD
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @at
    @betsylee
    @clemmi
    @suki2
    @emma-taylor
    @emerald32
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @ccco
    @matpi

Day 21 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Going to aim for a B2B today, although yesterday was over the 500 cals by a good bit it was NOT a crash and burn and nothing sugary or alcoholic passed my lips. Considering the way I have been the past few weeks that is a win!! I have put on at least 4lbs this month!

I forgot to say though that my company brings lunch in for us workers in the office every day. It’s so that we don’t have to go off looking for lunch, social distancing etc. There is a menu every week and we choose from it. It’s usually salads, soup and wraps, etc, they are delicious, and we all look forward to this brightness in our day.

I will work my FD’s around this lunch treat. Today I have ordered a salmon salad bowl so that should be good. Friday I have ordered a chicken pesto ciabatta with soup so that will NOT be an FD ☺️

Thanks all for the comments re my Dad in flight. It’s like when a small child says a naughty word or does something bold but funny, and the adults have to be cross but inside they are laughing…….it’s like that with Dad right now. Ah he is missing company for sure.

I checked out a brief intro to Leslie Sansone and might try one when I get home tonight. I don’t feel able for a Joe Wicks or Jillian Michaels so a good walk workout might do the trick.

@matpi, yes, stress is lurking even when we don’t realise it, sorry that your Zoom meeting could have turned to fisticuffs…hope things are better now.

@funshipfreddie another piece of research I saw re Covid was the prevalence of it in areas with high Nitrogen emissions, ie cities, traffic, factories, but that’s where a lot of us live globally ….so I have nothing more to say except, it is what it is.

@basyjames great news getting DH on board. I need to do that with mine, we worked great as a crack weight loss team when we followed the Dukan Diet in 2013. Best of luck getting rid of that pesky 5lb.

Hope everyone is keeping ok.

Joining the Day 21 Pocket List
    @cateaus
    @daffodil2010

Day 21 – Lake district uk – CFD

Good morning everyone

Big pocket list yesterday, hope everyone was successful!

@at – You must be a bit further up the county than us, but we’re the same, everything bone dry, already! The woodland trails that not long ago were muddy slides are all dried out and cracked, the local river down to it’s bones, strange old weather.

On the subject of C-19, been following interesting articles about Viral Loading, from Oxford University, basically (and the theory appeals to my kind of logic) the higher and more frequent the exposure the more of the virus your body will take on board.
    If you’ve had only a small amount of exposure your body can cope and deal with it. If, like front line medical workers etc, you’ve had a massive continual exposure, the body cannot deal with such a high exposure.
    I think this partially explains why some have a mild dose and others a severe dose. Rather a simplified version of the article, but you get my drift.

Fabulous evening walk yesterday, the sunlight changing as it went down, the sand and channels on the estuary were fabulous.

Take care all.

Day 21 – Ireland – CD
    Hi all… just back after a walk in the beach and a little cry as I listened to Davy Spillanes “Fanore ” I love it… beautiful music from the west of Ireland…it’s one of my favourites and it’s good to cry… I just had a moment where I realised things will never be the same… that’s not necessarily all bad and I’m learning new things about myself every day now that I have more time to breathe💕
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 21 UK FD

Another lovely day here. Will try a further FD today as really have the bit between my teeth this week!
    Reading how everyone is coping with the restrictions which hopefully will have the desired results, and some degree of normality can begin to return. Has certainly shown just how fragile we are and how quickly our lives can change.
    Stay safe fasters!

Day 21 Melb Aust CD

Managed a well-controlled CD after my FD yesterday, so going okay, whew! Hope others managed their FDs yesterday. It’s good to have something going well.

Only 10 days left till the end of April, so we have to do this WELL! Keep well, everyone.

Day 21 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – 🥚FD 2

@jaifaim – I’m not so sure I agree that ‘things will never be the same’. I hope you’re wrong. Obviously, it won’t be for people who’ve lost loved ones due to the pandemic. But necessity really is the mother of invention, & I’m confident that scientists will come up with a vaccine, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Pocket List – Day 21 🍓
    @cateaus
    @daffodil2010
    @mia139
    @funshipfreddie 🥚FD

2nd Post

Happy Birthday – to HM the Queen! 94 years young today! 🎊🎂🎉🎈

Day 21 North Wales NFD

Another successful FD yesterday and it’s already showing on the scales. Have a good day everyone.

Day 21 UK NFD

Lovely day here again With all the problems feel very fortunate, I too try to limit the amount of news I watch it’s not that I want to put my head in the sand but it can get you down

Onwards x

Day 21 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Loved seeing the long list of fasters yesterday, it really inspired me to keep on track. Now I just have to stick with dry till Fri and another FD Thursday, feeling better for putting some structure back into the week. Like many of you here I have cut right down on my exposure to the news. Trying hard to focus on positives like the beautiful weather for my daily local walk and enjoying reading novels for escapism…..currently leafing through a fantasy about dragons!

Take care everyone 🤗

Day 21 Oxfordshire, UK – CD
    FD yesterday went over so became a CD but scales showed a small loss, so I’ll take that. DH & I managed a 13.5km walk so I think I banked some calories there. Today will be a CD.
    Quick trip to our local market this morning. Not many stalls, but able to get flour and eggs. Saw friends, from a safe distance, to say hello. Then back home to the laundry.
    @basyjames – great that your OH wants to join with you in this WOL. It’s much easier when you have moral support.
    @cateaus – well done on your FDs last week. Enjoy your walk.
    @matpi – I think you’re right about the cortisol and stress causing weight gain. I knew I’d read that somewhere. Maybe we should all practise laughing more and see how it works. As a mini experiment.
    @jaifaim – a little cry every now and then is good for you. I think society dictates that we all must be strong and not cry.
    @funshipfreddie – it may not be the same for some time to come. But hopefully the new norm will be ok.
    Kepp well everyone.
    onwards and downwards

Day 21, London, UK, NFD,

Yesterday’s FD went ok, a bit stressful since I spent most of the day trying to remember if there was a secret biscuit stashed somewhere!!! Food thought just would NOT leave me alone!!!

I over indulged on the Greek yoghurt, which isn’t too bad and burned some serious calories with Leslie Sansone in the morning. I’m glad I found her as it’s gentler on my knee than 30DS, but still burns a heck of a lot of calories!!!

The plan is to break my fast at 3pm since any earlier awakens ‘that’ dragon who is a little out of control when I’m stuck at home.

I hope everyone is staying strong and safe, in a world out of control, maybe fasting will keep me sane!!!

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 577 total)

You must be logged in to reply.