April 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
April 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 574 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 577 total)

• Day 4 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

@flourbaby – the shopping list, we very much do the same, list it all after the weekly delivery, then adjust when we remember things. Then the evening before delivery, go and remove the stuff we don’t need, luckily I’m savoury rather than sweet but still tempted when in the shops. Online really is helping in so many ways at the moment.

@suki2 – Hope you kept the ‘Warthog’ on a short leash last night, I’m going to have to be careful tomorrow, planning a BBQ and had a beer delivery Thursday!

@ccco – Sounds familiar, counting calories which allows for the odd glass of wine. I’ve recently come across a calorie counting APP which I’d forgotten about, saves all the bits of paper as I record everything. Only way I can manage to be honest, I only have to look away for a short while and the ‘Inner Warthog’ is out of his cage and running amok !

Lovely morning again here, forecast is frost free for the next couple of weeks, so going to head out on a MOAM walk this morning, then into the greenhouse, all the herbaceous perennials I split and grew on in pots went outside a few days ago, they can be planted out anytime. Then a big session potting on all the summer stuff, there’s more room for it all now, it was getting rather crowded in there!

Take care all.

Day 4 – Ireland – NFD
    Hi all I had another good and controlled day yesterday eating lots of fresh produce – cooking from scratch all the time like many others now. My siblings are dropping shopping to me.. 😇
    I’ve also just managed to order my first online shopping delivery… whoo hoo!

I’ve been working so hard and can’t believe I’ve been WFH for three weeks now… it has passed in a flash!
    The last person I actually saw was my brother on Monday but lots of virtual catchups with pals and I “see” lots of people in work..

This weekend I’m going to focus on my home and garden – looking forward to that ✅
    @betsylee I saw that they finally let the cruise ships dock… thank god!!! Those poor people! I was due to cruise later in the year 🚢 .. We won’t be going – what seemed like a luxury holiday doesn’t seem so luxury anymore… 😢
    Arid April continues 🚫
    Planking is also back on the agenda for me too …
    Welcome back @emerald32! Glad to hear you are well and ready to get back on track..
    Stay safe all and have a good day whatever you do..
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 4 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@betsylee – I saw they finally disembarked the passengers on the HAL ships. After spending 15 years working for Carnival & Holland America, I can only imagine what it’s been like for the crew members. They’ll be at home now, with no income & no idea if/when they’ll work again. I was on a ship once with a really bad norovirus outbreak, & that was bad enough! In addition to working our regular jobs, we had to spend hours sanitizing the ship & serving food to passengers on the Lido. Great fun 😳 I’m guessing it will be cheaper than ever to cruise once this nightmare is over. People will be wary about spending a couple of hours on a plane, never mind a few days on a ship!

Have a good weekend everyone

Day 4 UK NFD

Scales were kind this morning, proof that being firm with the fasting does work. However, as had very little to eat all day, I did manage a small glass of white last night!

Good luck to everyone today. Stay safe..

Day 4 UK NFD
    I had a FD yesterday which went well.
    Went on the scales this morning for my usual weekly weigh-in but no change. The scales haven’t budged for 2 weeks and I’m trying to keep it in context. I’ve lost 8 pounds since starting at the beginning of March.
    I’m 53 and a WOACA (woman of a certain age). Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any tips to get through this plateau?

Day 4 North Wales NFD

Finding it hard to motivate myself today. Have a good day everyone.

Day 4 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Yesterday was over TDEE 🙁
    Had some bad news this morning that the father of DS’ school friend has just passed away from Covid-19. Bit too close to home for my liking. He was a kind man, one of our first responder team, as our town is well away from local hospitals.
    @ihatelettuce – I wasn’t too bad on the wine, but the snacks came out.
    @therese19 – a lady in my writing group is also from Bavaria, not sure where exactly. But both of you speak of the area so beautifully.
    @basyjames – I completely agree with you about enjoying what we have.
    @ccco – it is so difficult when people don’t follow these safety rules. Probably doesn’t help with a POTUS that doesn’t seem to want to follow advice either. Not a good role model.
    @hyacinth – a young friend of mine is also doing Joe and she was out of puff too yesterday.
    @emmataylor – good plan
    @emerald 32 – glad you’re back and feeling better
    @helen285 – sometimes plateaus seem to happen for no reason, but it seems that the measurements change during this time. Sometimes its tom, even though you are of a certain age. It might be worth checking your calorie intake, just in case you under estimating portions etc.
    @molij – some days are like that, be kind to yourself and go with the flow today. Tomorrow you can start again.

Day 4, London, UK, FD

What a BEEEAUTIFULLLL sunny day it is!!! I know we’re self-isolating and only going out for essentials, but I’m admiring the day through the window and I might venture out later for walk, as my mandated 1hr exercise!!
    Yesterday, despite the slow start, was a very controlled day!! It helps that there’s no booze or biscuits in the house!!! Today I plan to fast, salad for lunch, soup for dinner and gallons of water & herbal tea!!! Fingers crossed!!!

@basyjames, I’m with you on taking advantage of this enforced slow down, although I’m more focussed on getting my house squeaky clean ……………………… those windows were never going to clean themselves, no matter how long I waited!!!!

Glad to see you’re back @emerald32, my aim is to stay faithful to this WOL, but the beauty of 5:2 is being able to pick up right where you left off, meaning celebrations, holidays or sickness hardly interfere with your journey to a healthier life!!

@mia139, being firm and in control gives the mojo a real boost, however, I don’t think I’m familiar with the ‘small glass’ of wine ……………. Usually it’s several small glasses of wine ………………….. one after another, after another, after …………!!!

@helen285, only one piece of advice for when you find yourself on the plateau ………………………. ‘Keep on keeping on!!!!’ ……………….there’s no other option really!!!

@suki2, I agree about Trump setting a poor example. It’s the same excuse many people used to use about motorcycle or cycling helmets ruining their hair, or seatbelts creasing their clothes & restricting movement, or smoking in enclosed spaces ‘cause it was their ‘human right’ to do it!!! I’m pretty sure sitting behind that magnificent desk, greeting World leaders with a mask on looks a whole lot better than, coughing & spluttering a deadly virus over that magnificent desk & everyone in the vicinity!!!!

Onward & downwards folks!!

Day 4 North Canton OH NFD

That may have been my most difficult water fast yet. I was fine up till the 18 hour mark, after that it was a struggle. I had to talk keep myself out of breaking it – I kept telling myself, it’s just food and you can eat it tomorrow. Water fasting at home is much more difficult than when I could go to the office. But I did it, and that will be the first of many. The scale rewarded my efforts last week with a 1 pound loss this morning – 4 to go!

@dykask, I hope you feel better, that sounds painful! I am not a fan of vitamins either, but your theory makes sense

Its gardening day for me and OH today. Like @daffodil2010 said, the garden will not wait for Covid-19 to pass, and I do love seeing my external surroundings well pruned, well-kept, and thriving

I agree with you @jaifam, not everyone understands this WOL. I stopped trying to convince people a long time ago. Nowadays if someone asks me how I stay so trim, I tell them I fast regularly, it’s not for everyone but it works great for me. I have not had as many people trying to convince me that what I am doing is unhealthy.

@helen285 don’t get discouraged. My advice is to keep doing what you are doing. As you continue this WOL, you will notice after the initial steady loss that there will be a few plateaus here and there. It doesn’t mean your progress has stalled; on the contrary, there is stuff going on in the inside you cannot see. Fasting changes our bodies from the inside out and the scales don’t tell the whole story. I would encourage you to keep track of inches, sometimes when there is no movement on the scales, you may notice your inches continue to shrink, we have all been there. Right guys?

@suki2 I am sorry for your loss. Before this is all over, I believe everyone will know someone that has been taken due to complications from Covid-19. Experts have been predicting the next pandemic for years, unfortunately we got complacent and refused to listen. It did not help that we had leaders and people in authority downplaying this, as well as irresponsible reporting from some members of our media.
    When all this is done, we will have learnt some very important lessons; the facts are still the facts, science does not care what you believe, public health is important, and viruses do not care about politics. It matters who we choose to lead us, because disasters do not send postcards predicting their arrival!

@flourbaby I wish I had your zeal for window cleaning! You are right though, those windows are not going to clean themselves, I will have to schedule them for another weekend in the near future.

@emerald32 welcome back 🙂

Day 4 UK NFD

I slept for 12 hrs and have been lying in bed listening to the birdsong – just lovely! So nice to have a long lie and wake up to sunshine and a lazy day.

Yesterday I baked bread for a friend but had to adapt the recipe around her not eating soya. Didn’t really work well – came out somewhere betweeen a flapjack and a loaf! But delicious with butter & honey. I sent it over anyway with her friend (garden path-length pick up) and had a nice chat with him too. Decided that counted as supper as I felt so bloated after a small test roll and test slice, so rather strange days menu. Today will be mostly simple vegetables to rebalance my poor body!

Today is my hermit day – no people, schedules, commitments or social media. Just sleep, rest, yoga & meditation. Perhaps a gentle garden potter, some reading and making elderberry syrup – and another early night!

All these years of rewilding and birdfeeding are paying off. I have plenty of residents and daily visitors- a whole flock of sparrows, plus pairs or families of dunnocks, robins, wood pigeons, blackbirds, bluetits, great tits, long-tailed tits and coal tits. I feel so very lucky to have front & back gardens to sit in – with the back garden enclosed by big bushes on 3 sides and a fence on the other, it’s more like a small field 🙂

@matpi Haha! I found this from the US perspective: ‘Swede comes from the Swedish dialectal word rotabagge, from rot (root) + bagge (lump, bunch). In the U.S., the plant is also known as Swedish turnip or yellow turnip. And from the UK perspective: the Swede ‘Brassica napobrassiac ‘ is from Sweden (unsurprisingly). It was introduced to the UK as the Swedish turnip and the name later became shortened to Swede. To add to the confusion the Swede ‘is often known as a turnip or neep in Scotland and the turnip goes by the same name. Now we know 🙂
    @emerald32 welcome back
    @jaifaim it’s weird this thing of not seeing people – but time is indeed whizzing past. Glad you have family dropping off food! Hope you have some time with a good weekend rhythm:)
    @helen285 plateaus are a part of this WOL. But keep on keeping on. The body is always doing something to help during FDs, just not always things we are measuring. I went down 2 whole sizes/4″ all over during a plateau. Trust the process – it works!
    @molij be kind to yourself. Some days are harder than others. Do some things that feed the inner you – not food! – sunshine, a book, a slow walk outside, a clear out of the wardrobe, a rediscovery of a craft. This too shall pass 🙂

Thank you everyone. 👍

Day 4 USA (Illinois) NFD

Trip to Costco today for some supplies, but especially gas for my car. Amazing how that price has dropped.

@dykask – what a terrific YouTube with so much information, and yes, obesity does signal morbidity with COVID-19. Amazing.

@michelinme – I had a hard time finding flour in my local grocery the other day. Everyone must be baking! 🙂

Onward and downward.

USA Day 4 NFD

Matpi, I read what you said about that man with a dog not even trying to move. It is amazing how many people still aren’t taking this serious enough! Yesterday it was announced that it would be better if we covered our faces. Well, this morning I went grocery shopping and, I must say I would never have thought I would be jealous of people wearing face masks, but I was! So many people had real ones all of a sudden!! Where on earth did they find them?? There are none that you ca buy but they must have had these stored somewhere. I wanted to stop people to ask them where they got them! LOL I didn’t because I didn’t have a mask and I thought not talking was the best idea. I tried to make one for myself yesterday by knitting one from a pattern I found online but knitting hurts my arthritic hands too much. Oh well, we still have scarves and kerchiefs!!

I was so excited after shopping this morning! I found frozen vegetables and bread, two things I haven’t been able to get in awhile!! I thought I hit the jackpot!! LOL Really!! Is this what excites people today???

Please, everyone, stay safe and have a good weekend! I wish I could send you all the Star Trek meme my sister found on FaceBook, so maybe if you are on FaceBook, you might see it. It’s Captain Kirk and Spock are time traveling to 2020, so you see a picture of them entering. Then immediately you see them coming back saying “Nope, nope, nope! Bad idea!”

Day 5 Melb Aust. CD

After my TDEE day yesterday, this morning I’d gone down another 400 gms, go figure! That’s 500 gms since Tuesday. Not complaining 🙂

@helen285, plateaus are frustrating. Check how much of your food intake is carbs, and also salt intake. They can both affect how much added water the body retains. You may just have to ride it out. Also, @basyjames and @michelinme have it right, even with no weight change, the body can be losing inches. The important thing is – DON’T GIVE UP!

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 5, Emden Germany, NFD

Day 5 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

What a glorious morning, going to head out for early walk this morning, birds are singing like crazy!

Decided we’re going to have a proper BBQ day today, not like our winter ones, under cover and a large jacket, proper sit out in the sun and enjoy the warmth.

Good day yesterday, garden jobs done, moved a load of hardy plants that had been divided and brought on out of the greenhouse, potted up tomatoes and started on summer plants!

Take care all.

Day 5 Belfast NFD.

Logging on here was like coming home to a huge family. It’s so good to see all those familiar names and many new faces.
    Thank you @suki2 for hosting this amazing forum.
    A bit about myself: a 65 yo retired teacher living in Belfast, I joined the forum in 2016. I lost about 30 lbs over an extended period and have been maintaining for a while at around 145lbs. I practise a 16:8 routine daily and exercise regularly – yoga,Pilates, swimming and a daily dog walk (which sadly has been a bit curtailed because the forest is shut) with my rescue collie. Lockdown has struck, no swimming, reduced walking from home, and remote Pilates and no yoga, and that sugar dragon has returned. 🐉 No wine gums on the list @flourbaby but I made blueberry muffins (to use up the blueberries of course😜) and a few silly choices have resulted from hot cross buns to magnum lollies in the freezer. SO… a few pounds have sneaked under the radar and where else to come to sort myself out? So 151lbs, and strike while the iron’s hot!
    Onwards and downwards and stay safe everyone

Day 5 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@debster251 – Welcome back!

Day 10 of our lockdown, so at the halfway mark. Yet rumours are already circulating that the 21 days will be extended beyond April 16th. Oh well…

Happy S🌞nday everyone!

Day 5 UK NFD

We are lucky to have a small bakery at the top of the street I can usually resist but since the lockdown their hot cross buns have become a far too regular part of my intake I’m going to give myself a good talking to and pressing reset …..tomorrow

Stay safe all

Day 5, London, UK, NFD

It’s the Sunday slowdown once again!!!

Wow, @debster251, so, so glad to hear from you and your successful maintenance!! Did you imagine that after all this time you would return to find me STILL struggling with the deadly winegums??? Welcome back, those 6lbs will be gone in a flash!!!

I was up early this morning following yesterdays’ very, very good FD. Polishing my halo and patting myself on the back!!! There was exercise and salad and soup and lots and lots of water ……………………. THAT’S the way to do it!!!!

I tried Joe Wicks yesterday, but with my dodgy ACL (Torn 95% about 15 years ago!) I had to find an alternative ………………. Indoor walking with Leslie Sansone ‘seemed’ like a good idea ……………………. Half an hour of walking had me sweating, panting & gasping for air!!! …………………….. Not as taxing as the 30DS (also not great for my knee!) but enough for me to do daily without terror!!! I certainly felt the extra timber!! I can’t wait to get back to my fighting weight …………………. Sweaty incentive!!!

@brightonbelle, are you lucky ……………………………….. or unlucky??!! Personally I would think it a Godsend; my bum, tum & thighs wouldn’t agree!!!

Happy fasting folks, I’m getting better at this ‘fasting at home’ malarkey, and not a moment too soon!!!

“A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.” – unknown

Day 5 USA (Illinois) NFD

Cleaning out many small portion leftovers today – fridge has become loaded with portions leftover from carry-out meals. Sun is shining, light yard work this afternoon.

Another great musical rendition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJM-u6IABGQ&fbclid=IwAR0WpMgSiB_OaOQYC0dyuVNLIM7UZEOLVnwKGz6y2zaxuMWAv3y0IBShbpU

She’s from Illinois, Mundelein is a suburb of Chicago.

Church shortly as I sit in my robe. 🙂

Onward and downward.

USA Day 5 CD

thought I would just jump in here to say good morning or good day (wherever you are!) 🙂

Day 5 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Lovely sunny day here today. Put on some summer trousers and they fitted. Yay.

@matpi & @ccco – my DS said the same thing about people not moving. It’s almost like its someone else’s responsibility to move.

Hope Sunday is treating you well.

Day 5 – USA – NFD

@debster251, welcome back!

Day 5 – Ireland – NFD
    Hi all windy and wet here but i’ve just had a lovely walk in the rain which I really enjoy 😊
    @micheline yep I’m minding myself and had a good day yesterday lots of physical and mind decluttering…
    @flourbaby that’s a shame about the Joe Wicks and your injured ACL. 😢I’m really enjoying his workouts in the morning it gets me set up for the day in a very positive way but great that you found an alternative 👏
    Welcome back @debster251!!!! I was recently wondering where you might be so very glad to see you back safe and well! Ps I’ve just had a magnum 🤪
    @brightonbelle I’d LOVE a nice hot cross bun now 😋
    Stay safe everybody!
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 5 UK NFD

Coming in late after full day. Early start, woke feeling yuck. Not virus ill but seem to have poisoned myself yesterday w reheated turnips – who knew that was a no-no?!! So headache, nausea, bloated and upset stomach today – hoping guts will have settled by tomorrow.

Day whizzed past gently with virtual church & chat, short walk on common w DD – at 5m distance. Then a long zoom catch up with colleague / friend with lots of creative project ideas. Just had late supper and heading for bath & bed…

This week has a bit gentler structure, a bit more help and will be shorter bc Easter weekend. Here’s hoping for gentle days and finding a new rhythm – with good sleep, plenty of water, solid FDs and not too much chocolate 🙂

Day 6, FD, Aus

Did you see that? FD!! When WFH! I can do this. I know I can because thoughtful OH made me a cup of coffee and put some biscotti on a plate to do with it, and I declined them! (Took the coffee, but.)

Good to catch up on everyone’s news. I’m going to head outside soon for my version of a WOAM walk with my young dog. I’ll leave the old girl at home so can get some pace up. It’s a cold windy day but at least the sun is out.

Stay safe everyone.

Day 5 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 4 — NFD

Stayed up last night to watch Agatha Christie’s Poirot, After the Funeral. It’s a great show but meant that not only did I not log in here, but also hit the sack after midnight.

@michelinme Thanks for doing the research on that! I had thought that it was a common vegetable throughout Europe. Instead it was a Swedish innovation like Ikea!?

@ccco I learned a great way to make a face mask from a bandana. It’s really easy — even I could do it. Here’s the URL for the YouTube video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hcSCgAD8f8

Here’s the day 6 pocket list:
    @penz
    @matpi

Day 6, Emden Germany, FD

@debster251, welcome back!

Here’s the day 6 pocket list:
    @penz
    @matpi
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 6 – Japan – WFD #28

@basyjames – I’m well past the worst of the pain. It was painful enough that it interfered with sleeping for a few months. I tried a lot of things and was about considering going to a doctor but didn’t want to do that because of the pandemic. It might have just been a coincidence that it started to improve shortly after I started the multi-vitamins.

Day 6 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

What an amazing moon there was this morning circa 6am as I went out for my dawn walk. It was setting and was huge and yellow, a harvest moon? Put me in right good form. Plus only 4 days to work this week. 😄

I sources compost in an agricultural supplies place near me so was happy all weekend potting on, sowing, bliss.

Welcome back @debster251 👍
    Pocket list day 6
    @daffodil2010

Day 6 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@daffodil2010 – It’s the start of a pink moon, apparently. Should be even more impressive tomorrow night:-

“The term Pink Moon refers to the full moon that occurs every April and is
    named after the pink spring flower that appears at the same time.

The name is slightly deceiving because the Moon won’t actually look pink but a slightly pale orange.

Stargazers should be able to spot the orange Pink Moon in the early hours of the morning on April 8.

People in the UK, Europe and North America should be able to see the phenomenon.”

Pocket List – Day 6 🥕
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie

Day 6, London, UK, FD

Aiming for a FD today since yesterdays’ NFD was very very controlled, so it’s time to take advantage of my super strong mojo!!

Today I’ll have a 1/2 hour of indoor walking exercise, followed by a real walk in the park then Zoom yoga at 5pm. This should make for a busy day so the kitchen can easily be swerved!!

Thanks for the moon info @funshipfreddie, I’ll be on the lookout!

Keep on keeping on everyone & stay safe!!

Pocket List – Day 6 🥕
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby

Day 6 UK FD

Resetting and aiming for a good week , the Easter break is going to be very different this year .

I’ll keep an eye out for the moon , sounds lovely

Have a good week all

Pocket List – Day 6 🥕
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle

Day 6 London UK FD

Joining today’s pocket list. When there’s not much else to do, it’s easy to get into a routine….Monday’s and Thursdays. Then when/ if life returns to normal, hopefully the routine will be set.

Pocket List – Day 6 🥕
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @emma-taylor

Happy Monday all.

Day 6 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Good morning all, bright and sunny here, so I had breakfast outside listening to birdsong.
    Yesterday I was fortunate to attend a full moon relaxation class via Zoom. Apparently any full moon heightens our mood, so if were feeling anxious, we become more anxious. If we’re feeling happy and positive then that is enhanced. This moon is a super moon, so I assume things will be magnified more. However you’re feeling be gentle with yourselves.
    @debster251 – welcome
    @michelineme – I hope your upset tummy is feeling better today. It’s amazing how our digestive systems can be so easily upset. Look after yourself.
    @penz – hope your FD is going well, congrats on refusing the biscotti.
    @matpi – I’ll be looking at your face mask link. It seems we’re now being advised they would be a good idea.
    Pocket list seems to building today after a quiet weekend. Adding myself and wishing everyone a successful day whatever it may bring.
    Pocket List – Day 6 🥕
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @emma-taylor
    @suki2

Day 6 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone,

Late on parade again this morning, was out early for a good MOAM walk, bright and sunny, but with a breeze.
    @doffodil2010 – glad you managed to get potting compost, everything here is going ballistic, greenhouse opened up try and slow stuff down. Everything that is slightly hardy has been moved out, resorted to filling planters early to get a bit of room. Tomatoes were nearly pot bound already, going to get potatoes out this week, grown in sacks so can cover with fleece if any sign of frost.

Need a FD today, didn’t do too badly over weekend, but can’t afford ‘slippage’.

Take care all

Pocket List – Day 6 
    @Ihatelettuce
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @emma-taylor
    @suki2

Day 6UK NFD
    @debster251, welcome back, it certainly is like coming home here.

Bit of a rubbish weekend calorie wise. I ordered a case of wine (12 bottles) last week, online delivery said it would be about 2 weeks. A very nice chap came on Friday from the local outlet so we had about 15 bottles in the house. We didn’t drink them all (🥴) but we’ve had one each night. It’s not the wine by itself. it’s the snacks that go with it. All wine now in the loft and all snacks eaten. Back to dry Mon-Fri.

Yesterday I made a banana bread DH has been asking me to make one for ages. Finally got flour in the shop yesterday morning and had bananas in the fruit bowl so the time was right. I looked up a Mary Berry recipe but didn’t really check the quantities until I started to put the ingredients together. The blooming thing was huge! So I made something that resembles a loaf but has the weight and consistency of a brick! Taking @betsylee advice. Half is in the freezer, a quarter went to our neighbours – delivered at the door. The rest is cut into slices and will last all week DH can have something with a cuppa and I’ll have a slice on NFDs.

Lovely weather today so off for a long walk with neighbours dog. Ours are too old to need more than a 20 minute amble each day.

Stay safe everyone.

Today will be soup for lunch then salad later. I’m guessing a controlled day rather than a FD.

Day 6 – Ireland – FD
    Morning everyone! I hope you all had a lovely weekend…
    FD today and hope it will be a good one.
    Had my early morning beach walk, then Joe Wicks and then work… sun is shining! And I’ll look out for this lovely moon tonight/tomorrow moon 🌒
    It feels like there is great positive energy here today!!
    Stay safe everybody!

Pocket List – Day 6
    @Ihatelettuce
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @emma-taylor
    @suki2
    @jaifaim
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 6–Colorado, USA—FD

Well, I think I’m changing my Arid April to week days only. Have to admit to having a couple of glasses of wine over the weekend during virtual cocktail parties. One was with most of our large family—16 different households, all over the country, and one niece in Germany. It was great.

Except for my couple glasses of wine, I have been really good with food, exercising, walking and instead of losing any pounds, I’ve gained 2! How does that happen??

Spent the weekend sewing face masks for family and friends. We’re supposed to wear them now when we go out, but except for walking the dog, I’m not going much of anywhere.

Stay healthy everyone!

Day 6 UK NFD

Doesn’t feel like a good day to fast, so not going to. After yesterday’s food poisoning I was really craving simple carbs – gf past and spinach. Deeply weary and brain tired – long sleep and hope to be back to strength tomorrow.

@debster251 welcome back 🙂

USA Day 6 WFD

Well, I discovered this morning that I am up 2 more lbs.! This has got to stop! So, today I am on a WF and the rest of the month will allow wine only on weekends!!…..and then, only one glass an evening! Coronavirus or not, I have got to get my mojo back! I was doing so well and now I have backtracked and only have myself to blame.

Anyway, I applaud all of your successes. I wish I had seen that beautiful moon that you all have seen in Ireland and in the UK. It sounds amazing!

Adding myself to the pocket list:

Pocket List – Day 6
    @Ihatelettuce
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @emma-taylor
    @suki2
    @jaifaim
    @ccco

Have a great day!

Day 6 USA (Illinois) NFD

Had my Facebook Live Silver Sneakers class and shortly going out to do some more yard work.

Keeping healthy is important these days — hugs to all you, my virtual followers of our WOL.

Onward and downward.

Day 6, Bavaria (Germany), FD

Good day, everyone! Back to fasting for me after a weekend of gorging myself on carbs. Well, Saturday was good; I wasn’t feeling hungry and it was almost a FD. But on Sunday, I had barbecue for dinner with super delicious bread, curtesy of my sister. Considering, I didn’t have breakfast and not much for lunch, it was within my TDEE, hopefully. Boy, did I eat much of that bread, though.
    It’s getting warmer here every day which means I’m outside a lot. I read your comments about the pink moon, so I’ll watch out for that this week.

Pocket List – Day 6
    @Ihatelettuce
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @emma-taylor
    @suki2
    @jaifaim
    @ccco
    @therese19

Day 6 Belfast NFD

Thank you for your welcome back. I had hoped that logging in here would focus my mind and resolve but sadly not. Monday is usually a FD for me but I just forgot and have been grazing all day. Must do better

I’ve just got a greenhouse, which is fun so waiting with bated breath for the seedlings to grow! Have you had many trips in your campervan @daffodil2010? I’m sure you can’t wait for this lockdown climate to be over to do some travelling.
    @Ihate lettuce and @daffodil2010 – As a greenhouse novice, I shall need some guidance so I shall be watching your posts with interest!

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Day 6 North Wales FD

Lots of hard work gardening today in the lovely sunshine. Managed to go the whole day without eating. Just eaten fish and salad so hopefully will be well within the 500 calories. Hope you have all had a good day. X

USA Day 6 WFD

Thank you, Matpi, for the bandanna video! That’s how I made my mask!

Still successfully doing my WF and I think I can make it all the way until tomorrow.. WFs seem to give me a sense of control which is something I need right now!

Gardening seems to be a good way for many of you to keep busy both from the virus and eating. It really isn’t yet the time here to garden but I can’t buy anything for my garden yet anyway, since I can’t go shopping. Well, it’s worth for me to stay away to ensure my family stays safe and well! Here in the U.S., it is expected to be a very bad week, so I am wearing a mask and being particularly careful!

Have a good 5:2 day, everyone! 🙂

Day 6, part 2–Colorado, USA

ccco—The brightest moon is tonight, and should be great viewing in the USA, depending on the clouds in your area. Clear skies here, we’re planning a moonlight walk tonight.

Day 7 country West Australia NFD
    As my DH said, life goes on just as usual for farmers.
    We are lucky to be able to ‘ physical distance’ when we have a few thousand acres to roam around on .
    I still work in town but we are fairly isolated and no cases of China flu here so far so it is all good.
    We also have our DD and DSiL living with us.
    They had to decide very quickly whether to stay in a unit in Sydney or head for the wide open spaces of WA, and they chose the latter getting the last flight out before the borders were closed.
    If they had come any later they would have faced a 2 week self-quarantine.
    Pleased to have them here but they are both such good cooks……🍰🍡🥮🥦
    My FD yesterday wasn’t.😬
    At home today so no chance of a FD. 🤭
    @helen285 I too landed on a plateau some time ago after doing 5:2 with good results.
    Do NOT whatever you do, give up. I did and the results were disastrous.
    I am heavier than I have ever been and now way behind the eight ball but back on the wagon and persevering.🤞
    @dykask hope your injury improves
    @ciren keep safe with the mail run
    To all the gardeners here I hope you enjoy growing your plants. I will have to try to resurrect my garden which has mostly died due to very dry conditions . Just waiting for some rain before I crank up again in the garden.
    Hope everyone stays well and healthy.😷

Day 7, NFD, Aus

Having that lovely PFDS today. Yay! I think my mojo has returned. I even resisted the siren call of the PB jar last night telling myself that if I’d acted on it when I first thought of it 10 mins earlier then I am now in no different position (ie. it’s gone!). Seemed to work.

I’ve never heard of a pink moon. Love the description.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 577 total)

You must be logged in to reply.