April 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 740 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  AnneMarilyn 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 741 total)

• Day 9, VA, USA, LFD

Greetings! I see a few B2B2B folks! I was just discussing this with another fellow faster and I think this would be a nice jump start to the plateau that seems to have come over me this week. And I feel ready for the break and challenge. If nothing else I’ll go for at least a B2B and see how I feel. Pocket list here I come!

Glad the spreadsheet came back… I remember I had it open to add calories to my FDs but realized it changed it in such a way that didn’t show FDs the same so I changed them back to just FD. I looked through my tabs (just to make sure I didn’t have the spreadsheet still open) b/c i thought oh my what if I didn’t close it and it blanked it out!!! but I closed it, so – I guess I’m not the gremlin. yay

Day 9 Pocket list. Add yourself if you’re fasting.

@biddiev
    @betsylee
    @gretta
    @ciren2
    @snowflake56
    @aglowworm
    @rabbette

Day 9 USA (Illinois) FD

Hope to read posts and make comments if I can today —

@biddiev
    @betsylee
    @gretta
    @ciren2
    @snowflake56
    @aglowworm
    @rabbette
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

Day 9 UK FD

Yesterday’s went over in the evening but not by much… plant milk yogurt and frozen cherries 🙂 I’ll take that as a solid reset day. Tomorrow i’m out & about all day so not much time for eating… hoping that will keep me on the straight & narrow, esp if I get my act together & take packed lunch/tea with me…

SO much to do the day is flying past. Drinking more water & breaking for a check in with the forum and a hot vegemite. Skimmed posts, motivated to try another FD today….Delighted to be joining today’s Pocket List. We are definitely stronger together!

@biddiev
    @betsylee
    @gretta
    @ciren2
    @snowflake56
    @aglowworm
    @rabbette
    @songbirdme
    @michelinme

Day 9 California FD 3rd day if B2B2B

So far I’m finding this as easy as doing one day except I have some momentum going. Might consider a fourth day but we will see…

@biddiev
    @betsylee
    @gretta
    @ciren2
    @snowflake56
    @aglowworm
    @rabbette
    @songbirdme
    @michelinme
    @rafiki44

USA Day 9 FD800

I see so many new names on here, so I want to welcome everyone who is new and wish you luck with this WOL.

Adding myself to the pocket list.

@biddiev
    @betsylee
    @gretta
    @ciren2
    @snowflake56
    @aglowworm
    @rabbette
    @songbirdme
    @michelinme
    @rafiki44
    @ccco FD800

Have a great day!

Fast day didn’t stay the course, but I made it to about 1.30 then had my bowl of (breakfast) porridge. That would have been ok but after coming back from my appointment at the surgery, I carried on eating as usual! They are going to change my asthma inhalers and she told me to take extra until I’m back to normal.

@snowflake56: Glad you are getting your blood pressure under some control and are feeling better. Two hard boiled eggs? Yes, that could be a plan….thanks.Coming home from work REALLY hungry is a big problem for me, then the kitchen is right there, once I’m home!

@jaifaim: I’ll get there, one day.
    @stephsie: Debster251: Refined sugar causes so many problems…if we could all get off sugar, fasting would probably be so much easier. It’s just plain addictive.
    @bluesqueak: Glad you’re feeling better today.
    @russetfox: Hugs to you; sorry you’re a bit down….I hope it passes very soon xx. It’s hard to get up and go when you don’t feel like it, I know. I hope the sun shines for you tomorrow. Grey weather doesn’t help.
    @aglowworm: Sounds as if you are doing pretty well….keep it up.
    @michelinme: Keep drinking the water. You can do it.

All today’s fasters…..do better than me!

Hi everyone day 9 N Ireland

sorry I didn’t quite make it before the end of the month to post again.
    @snowflake56 these are for you for doing an excellent job hosting https://cdn.atwilltech.com/flowerdatabase/d/dancing-daffodils-bouquet.425.jpg

@at I believe I owe you a bunch of flowers from March – https://kenyastockholm.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/flowers.jpg

I hope everyone is good and once again sorry I haven’t caught up with all the posts.

So a bit of a catch up from me – We have changed solicitors, this one seems more pro-active. My son has not seen his son since 4 February, when he was tired of sitting in a darkened room, in silence watching her nurse his son, he took his leave early – she then text him accusing him of raising his voice in front of the baby and wanted an assurance before his next visit it wouldn’t happen again. He emailed his solicitor (the previous one) that night to say he could not take the chance and go back to contact at her house as he was leaving himself open to all sorts. At Christmas his ex agreed to contact in a contact centre, 4 months down the line of delay, delay she has changed her mind and wants contact to be in her house – so court it will be.

My Dad celebrated his 90th in January, it’s been a bit up and down with him recently and I must say before Christmas he nor the family would not have thought he would make his birthday but he rallied with the help of some steroid tablets. We had a very good celebration enjoyed by all. Though the last week has seen him take another downward dip. He has pain in his shoulders which is taking it’s toll and he seems more unsteady on his feet. Its hard to watch as up until recently he still enjoyed 9 holes of golf and bowling.

Me: I have been going to a small gym run by a friends son, he offers a 60 day programme with circuits 3 times a week at his small gym, only for ladies. He also offers advice on eating and mindset. I found the circuits tough to begin with – well even tougher than I do now and at the end of the 60 days while I lost a few lbs I lost inches which gave me a boost. So I have signed up for another 60 days and feel I have started this session better than last so I am hoping for more good results. I certainly feel better – especially when the circuits consist of the punch bag – I take it all out on that bag let me tell you. I also can work it in with 5:2 though I don’t get obsessed the way I did before – which can only be a good thing. It’s the over all consistency that matters so if I go over, I don’t stress. I am using MFP more regularly and try to plan what I am having so I can enter it all before I eat. Not sure why I found that a bit hit and miss before.

I also cut my working week to 4 days – which has been lovely. I have some me time which I really needed with all that has been going on over the last 8 months. So I catch up with friends for coffee and lunch, go on day trips and one of these days I will get out into my badly neglected garden to give it some tender loving care.

I’m off to Donegal at the weekend with OH which I am looking forward to.

Thank you @ciren2 for taking the reins over for this months challenge – who would have thought it these would be still going!

So I will do my best to catch up with some of what has been going on and will drop in again soon.

Best Wishes x

Day 9 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Ended my water fast at 42 hours today. Eating today and will plan on another FD tomorrow. Deciding to go ADF this week instead of B2B.

@daffodil2010 – all the best on your interview prep and then the interview 🙂

@russetfox – hope your get up and go comes back soon! As was mentioned, be kind to yourself. When we’re down, it’s easy to beat up on ourselves. I know I’m working on positive self-talk as well.

@coda – good to hear from you. Hopefully the new lawyer/solicitor will help get things to a healthier place for your family. It sounds like you’re working on taking care of yourself. So glad to hear that. Praying for you and your family.

Wishing each of you well on the journey!

Day 10, Japan, FD

Extremely freezing!!!! Can’t believe it’s getting this cold after the cherry blossom season. Work is getting crazy so I will be making short posts.
    Yesterday was a good CD, not so much work out though. I have decided to do B2B2B FD counting from today. Let’s do it!!!

Pocket list day 10
    @shelliz

Day 9 – USA – NFD

@agloworm, here is the link for a hoop similar to mine: https://www.amazon.com/ROFIT-Weighted-Exercise-Strength-Workout/dp/B07BFC5CHL/ref=asc_df_B07BFC5CHL/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312125919515&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7411329573876501310&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1025965&hvtargid=pla-570232512210&psc=1

@annemarilyn, @arelkade, @coda, @basyjames, and a few other “oldies”, so good to see you writing in again! I read the posts daily, but do not post daily like I used to.

My hula hooping is going great…not doing it daily, as I’m trying to alternate with free weights for my batwings, lol…should take about 6 weeks (just in time for summer!) to firm them up if I do it every other day.

Experimenting with the Bulgarian milk kefir and I highly recommend it! I also ordered the yogurt from the same company and it is the best yogurt i’ve every had in my life! (Not getting paid to say that, lol!). Thank you, @daffodil2010 for the recommendation and trust you will knock em dead in your interview, which may have occurred today?

Finding it difficult to do 16:8, as my work schedule varies day to day, but I’m continuing to do LCHF and log onto MFP daily as well.

I’ve heard a lot about the sugar demons, and the only thing I can suggest from my own experience over the last 2 years is: substitute everything! With a little time on the Internet, you can find healthy tasty substitutions for all the things you love to eat and get a lot of satisfaction from them without the insulin surge.

@coda, so sorry to hear your son is at the mercy of this person…I hope you find an attorney that can remedy the situation soon, and that you will have visiting privileges with the baby as well.

hello all
    I am doing well. today was NFD: i ate lots of vegetables and berries with oat milk ( i love oat milk by Oatly – very tasty, creamy and it can be frothed!), went to cycling class.
    tomorrow is the first FD this week.
    Oh! i went to bird watching on Sunday (any birders?) – perfect day. Many birds, the leader of our group counted 42 species, many times he would say i could hear Carolina Wren, let’s look for it – he knew everything. I am new to bird watching, i did not see all 42 species, still saw few new ones (cool) it is such an interesting activity, enjoyed my day.

have a great Tuesday

Day 10. California FD day 4 of B2B2B2B

Posting early as tomorrow is jam packed. I’m on day 4 of fast days and it hasn’t been too difficult. I need some extra fast days in the bank to tide me over the next two weeks when I have my parents visiting.

Pocket list day 10
    @shelliz
    @rafiki44

Day 9 Ohio, US — FD(#72)

A good FD, just like clockwork now! Work is still going on at a frenetic pace, and it looks to get just busier and busier toward the end of the month. I really think that the community here is keeping me on track. In past years at this time of April I usually have achieved my six-pack (of donuts, each day). So thank you to everyone! Keep up the fast (if not wild) life!

Day 10 Bristol, UK FD

I was extremely busy yesterday spring cleaning the kitchen so managed a pretty good NFD. Fasting again today but I am going to my mother’s to help her sort things out at her overstuffed house and there are MANY temptations there! I will be strong though and politely refuse the many offers of biscuits and cake and so on 🙂

Have a great day everyone!

Goops!

Pocket list day 10
    @shelliz
    @rafiki44
    @stepshie

Day 10 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

Quick check in as I’m getting slammed on the project I’m on at the moment, but that should quieten down in the next week or so.

Hope everyone is going well!

Day 10 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Good FD yesterday, slipped back off the plateau, so throwing in a B2B today to further that downward trend. I am wearing a new blouse and new smart trousers for my interview later, and although they are brand new and a UK size 10, there is a bit of looseness about them. So I must be tightening up in places 😄

Great practice interview with my brother (he was tough but made me think about what I have to say). So I am prepped. Interview at 14.30 so need to get through work diligently then go in there and be the best interviewee they have had. I AM the strongest candidate for this Job (I will keep affirming this to myself throughout the day). 💃

@debster251 I am on contract in this company covering a maternity leave. This interview is for the permanent position with pension, bonus, healthcare etc, so it would be good.

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. It means a lot. So I will FD today and in all ways it’s going to be a GREAT day. Thanks. 🤗

Day 10 – Ireland – FD
    Lovely lunch yesterday and that was pretty much it food wise. Nice hilly club spin in the sun last night which hopefully worked off some of the cals. I am hungry today though which is never good at this stage of a FD 🙄.
    Oh @debster251 how right you are!!! the sugar dragon is awful once you come off he wagon… and I am a terrible binger… one taste and I’m off… it then actually poisons my body if I eat too much 😂 particularly chocolate..
    @russetfox I hope things are getting better … it’s so hard when life goes bad for us but things will get better… one foot in front of the other…
    @metatauta nice to see you and hear all’s going well
    @coda I’m sorry to hear your son is having such a difficult time. It is so upsetting when a father can’t spend time with their child but I hope the new solicitor can succeed where the other didn’t .. 🙏
    Good luck to all fasting today… I need to be strong 💪

Pocket list day 10
    @shelliz
    @rafiki44
    @stepshie
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim

We rise by lifting others 💕
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 10, London, UK, FD (2nd of B2B2B)

Another FD today, yesterdays’ back-to-basics 500cal FD went surprisingly well. I’ll stick to what worked well until I need to shake things up again.

@daffodil2010, you’ll ace the interview, after all, you ARE the best person for the job!!!! You are, You Are, YOU ARE!!!!

@coda, lovely to hear from you, I’m sorry to hear she’s still being so ‘difficult’. I hope the new solicitor can show her the ‘error’ of her ways before she causes irreparable damage to several relationships, not least of all between father & son!!! I hope your dad improves enough to get a couple of rounds in once the weather improves??!!

I think the hula hooping is working, navy trousers with a slightly tight waistband are feeling very comfy today…………….. Who knew!!???

Happy fasting folks!!! Onward & Downwards!!!!

Day 10, Emden Germany, NFD

thanks to all thinking about me, feeling much better!

My FD didn’t happen yesterday, started well, ended with Port, cheese and pudding with whipped cream. Didn’t have a plan so it had to go wrong. DH off work for 10 days, he started laying the new parquet floor in the bedroom, he’s good at it. I’m doing helper jobs as I’m not allowed to work with the saw (too dangerous with a weak hand). Plan to do a bit of gardening today, the next door’s children want to play badminton on the lawn. I’m terrible with the hoop, it keeps falling down. I failed on the last hoop challenge, why was I expecting I could do it now? Perhaps I just to the movement without the hoop.

@daffodil2010 good luck for the interview this afternoon!
    @russetfox I’m sorry you’re having a rough time atm, try to go outside for a walk, if possible. I hope the sun is shining where you are, it’s mood lifting to be in there. Hugs!
    @rafiki44 you’re doing so well!
    @coda thanks, yellow is my favourite colour. How hard it is to see no progress at all, I hope the new sollicitor is able to get some kind of change. It’s good to read, you’re doing something for yourself. It sounds as if it helps you. Take care!
    @shinything did you ever have the physiotherapy for your shoulder?

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 10 – Manchester, England – NFD

Hi everyone! How’s everyone doing? How did the fasters do yesterday? My FD went well, despite feeling a bit tired and worn out from everything I’ve been up to.

Another sunny day out here in Manchester! I’m loving this spring weather, and it even looks like it might last for a few days, although the temps will get a bit lower according to the forecast. I really don’t feel like exercising, but I am going to try to push myself out of the door later, possibly for a run. I know that it will 1. Help me to feel a bit better, including the feeling of having achieved something and 2. It will help to stave off illness – I quite often get sick when teaching finishes and I know that exercise helps to boost my immune system. I get sick far less when I’m exercising regularly.

@metatauta – Thanks so much for the link! My concern is that I would get it and wouldn’t be able to do anything with it! I would love to be able to do it though… ‘batwings’ made me laugh 😂 We call them ‘bingo wings’ over here!!

@daffodil2010 – good luck!! I’m currently job hunting and I hate it! I really hope you find the right spot for you soon 💜

Have a great day everyone whatever you’re up to 🙂

Day 10 Melb Aust 8:40 p.m. Day 2 of FD B2B2B2B

Well, have survived my second consecutive FD, but even this morning I was 0.1 kg DOWN from the starting weight this month – I have had several poor dietary choice days between then and now and had gone up by – more than I want to admit! My hope is to be down from my starting weight by 0.8 kg by Saturday, and hope to be off the plateau that spun me out of control.

@daffodil2010, good luck with the job interview. As you’ve been competently filling in as a maternity leave replacement, you are obviously well and truly qualified for the permanent position!!!!! Go for it!

@bluesqueak, re biscuits at places you visit, just say “no”. Explain that they have a bad effect on you, and you can’t eat them. I warn my friends when I’m going to visit that while I will really enjoy catching up over a good cuppa, I won’t be eating anything. Generally they’ve been fine with that. @stephsie, you can do the same with your Mum, or failing that if she seems offended, take some home and let the rest of the family eat them.

@aglowworm, you asked about my study – I’m doing a Doctor of Ministry degree, looking at intercultural communication in multiethnic churches in Australia. It’s a kind-of combination of my work and church interests.

@rabbette, I sympathise re the plateau – see above – and hope you’ll be able to shift yourself completely down from yours this week.

@ciren2, so glad you were finally able to get some good medical advice re the asthma. What did they change your preventer to? I know I was shifted from Symbicort to another newer inhaler (forget the name), but it gave me a husky voice, which was unacceptable for me as a teacher, so I went back to Symbicort.

@shelliz, good luck with your B2B2B; I’m hoping to make it to 4 B2B FDs this week, then if the plateau shifts, back to FD800 3 days a week from next week.

@snowflake56, glad you’re feeling much better now. Hope you’re completely well soon.

Several people have written about the positive benefits on their waists of hula hooping – what kind of hoops? weighted? knobbed? and how big? Still thinking about it, but not sure what to buy. And even then it might end up yet another bright fitness idea that bites the dust because I won’t be able to do it. But, it would be fun to try! 🙂

Onwards and downwards, everyone.

Day 10 UK FD

Day 10 Belfast NFD

WHY CANT I HULA HOOP???!!! The last time I managed to keep it up for 10 rotations then I gave up. Now I can’t seem to get past 5.

@daffodil2010 – I’m rooting for you!
    @aglowworm – despite my inability to do it, I feel it must be doing me some good!
    @jaifaim – the cravings I had over the weekend weren’t normal! I think I’m back on track now.💪

Just a quick check in. Dog walk and Pilates done, now 2 tonnes of topsoil to shift into my second raised bed for veggies. Its a beautiful day, if a little chilly, but I’m sure I’ll soon work up a sweat. 😅

I can and I will.

Day 10 – Perth AUS – MFD

Think I killed my kefir 🙁 Still getting fermented milk, but is has lost the tang it had and doesn’t seem to work as well as it was.

Haven’t checked in for a bit, but have been stalking posts and keeping the motivation going. So far so good.

I can’t believe so many people hula hoop! You are dedicated AND coordinated!

Day 10 USA (Illinois) NFD

Good FD yesterday with about 350 calories of salad with chicken breast at suppertime. Amazing how I can lose 4 pounds with just one day of fasting — then again, the 4 had been gained quickly too.

@coda – always terrific to hear from you! Your gym regimen sounds effective. Not sure I could manage quite that much exercise, but Silver Sneakers does keep me moving. Hugs and prayers that a new solicitor and court are able to help your son and you as well. I just shake my head at people with obvious mental illness who don’t understand they need help.

Onward and downward.

Day 10 Canton OH FD

I have been such a prodigal lately. I am glad I have a chance to post today – I have been so busy with projects at work lately…be careful what you wish for because you might get it!

@daffodil2010 – all the best wishes on your interview. I know you will do awesome! You ARE the strongest person for the job

I wonder if I have been underestimating my calories on MFP, anybody ever wonder about the same thing? What are your solutions?

@metatauta thank you for the link. I have always been a terrible hula-hooper but I am really considering trying again. On a somewhat related note, I worked out this morning and boy am I out of shape! It was quite embarrassing – I got work to do before summer gets here :(

@coda my heart just goes out to you. Sometimes words just feel so inadequate. I will keep your, your son and your grandson in my thoughts. It sounds like this young lady needs help; and I hope she gets it, for her sake and for everybody else involved

Pocket list day 10 here I come 
    @rafiki44
    @matpi
    @stephsie
    @shelliz
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifam
    @flourbaby
    @betsylee
    @brightonbelle
    @elektron
    @basyjames

UPDATE!

After writing my post earlier, I did go for that run! A combination of reading all of the forum posts here, the sunshine and watching that video that someone posted about the 10 commandments of IF spurred me on and I went and did it! So I’m feeling smug right now, but also need to not do my typical ‘reward myself with food because I did a teeny bit of exercise’!!

@betsylee – your study sounds super interesting. A lot of my work crosses over into IC communication and I love that area of work. I’m also in exactly the same situation with the hula hooping thing. @metatauta posted a link for me earlier to one that she got. I’m tempted but, as yet, undecided.
    @debster251 – I think I would be in the same position as you, but as you say it must be doing some good. What kind of hoop do you have?

Hi everyone day 10 NFD N Ireland

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts – blessed indeed

@daffodil2010 – good luck, hope all goes well though it sounds like you have it all in hand. They would be fools to not take you on with the dedication and commitment you have shown.

I have caught up on just the last 2 pages and all the talk of hula hooping has inspired me to dust off my hula hoop. I actually attended a hula hoop workshop last year. It was a bit of fun learning different things to do with the hula hoop – the teacher made it look so effortless, just talking to us while her hula hoop just hooped round her waist. While all you could hear was the clattering of our hoops hitting the floor lol.

As some of you may know son number 4 left 2018 to travel to New Zealand – its hard to believe he was there for over a year. We travelled out just after Christmas to catch up with him. But his time there is over and he has arrived in Australia for his next adventure. Stayed in Sydney for a few days and has just arrived in Traralgon where he has some work. His Canadian girlfriend whom he met in NZ but who has since returned home, hopes to travel out to visit. Depending on how things are it looks like his next country to visit will be Canada with maybe squeezing in some of USA before he comes home for a visit. I’m not sure he will find it easy to settle back here though or even he would want to.

Son number 3 is at present sunning himself in Florida – down in Islamorada. It looks beautiful, they had a boat ride and were entertained by a pod of dolphins.

I also am back into playing squash 2 sometimes 3 times a week with number 2 son and OH – I get my ass whooped each time – if I am lucky I may win 1 out of 7 games but it gets the heart going and makes me feel alive. It’s also something we do together which is nice.

@russetfox – get out into nature as much as possible, do things for yourself for a while. It’s no coincidence that you are advised in an aircraft to put your own mask on first. You can’t help others if you don’t put yourself first sometimes.

@snowflake56 – hope you are back to par soon
    @gretta – hugs

Hugs to all who need a hug.

‘Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory’ Dr Seuss

Day 10: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

Only just got back from work, so just a quick check in for now. My day has been hard. Wednesdays always being heavy on the mail, plus the council sent out a bulk mailing to EVERY HOUSE. Took me over five hours to deliver the round today.

@coda: Really good to hear from you. I wish things were going better with your son, his ex. and your grandchild. Hopefully the new solicitor can help move things along. Also, sorry to hear that your dad is not so well again. He’s done very well to get to 90, so I suppose it has to be expected. The circuit trainings sounds as if it’s done you some good. Wishing you well. It’s the third anniversary of these challenges next month….you really have started something!

I’ll read the posts and catch up with you all later…..

USA Day 10 FD

Read through all the posts but will have to respond later. Coda, I do hope you and your son wind up having access to your grandson. I can’t imagine what is going through her head about all this. I am about to become a grandmother any minute now and cannot begin to imagine not being allowed to see him!

Today is a FD. I woke up not hungry, so I decided to do a regular 5:2 FD. I should be ending the day with 260 calories according to the plan I made for today’s meals. If I stay not hungry, I will try to do continue this way through Friday.

Adding myself to the pocket list for extra help.

@rafiki44
    @matpi
    @stephsie
    @shelliz
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifam
    @flourbaby
    @betsylee
    @brightonbelle
    @elektron
    @basyjames
    @ccco

Hope all you fasters and hula hooping friends are doing well today! 🙂

@annemarilyn: 42 hours! That’s very impressive for a water fast.
    @shelliz: keep warm in Japan.
    @daffodil2010 GOOD LUCK….you can get that job.
    @alisa253: Seems to be mostly pigeons round here!
    @rafiki44: Just WOW! I wish I could fast like some of you people out there…
    @betsylee: Fobumix Easyhaler (powder ) and also a reliever called Easyhaler Salbutamol powder. I was told off for not having a blue reliever at all! She tested my technique and found it severely lacking! Only entering the top part of my lungs, so the Easyhalers are supposed to help that sort of thing. We’ll see, I’ve got to collect them from the chemist tomorrow on my day off.
    @debster251: I remember not being able to hula hoop as a child…I certainly couldn’t attempt it now. Probably do myself a mischief….ha…ha!
    @basyjames: Good to see you back.

Keep up all the good work everyone. You’re such a great bunch of people.

Day 10, VA, USA, WFDB2B (1st B2B going well so far 42 hours)

@metatauta – OH WOW that hoop to me is HEAVY! I tried my friends out and I could not do it. I mean I could keep it going but I could feel that if I kept going I would be so sore. She was new=ish to hooping I told her go easy and yeah every other day or even just twice a week at first.

@elektron – hooping kinda just caught like wild fire from some of these gals on here already in this thread chatting about it. I wouldn’t say I was “coordinated” or “good” at it. As for Dedication I would say that I missed a day or two here and there (being lazy or just forgot, its not quite second nature to just go do it). But I may have an advantage that my hoop is sized for me and its just the right weight Its not heavy its easy to do 10 or more minutes with my hoop daily as its just enough work to apparently count as aerobic exercise. I don’t usually do aerobics so this is a good add-on.

aglowworm – updating the hooping thread, my hoop is lighter I could not keep using the one that @metatauta has, she must have some awesome ABS!!!!

@betsylee – I’m updating my post about tips for hooping. Hop on over to this link for picking out your own hoop.
    Hooping thread with more tips such as how to pick out your first hoop.
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/hula-hooping-extravaganza-tips-tricks-for-hooping/#post-283982

@coda – haha I Liked the workshop chatter about hooping and can picture them all falling to the floor.

Man the Pocket is big today!

Pocket list:
    @rafiki44
    @matpi
    @stephsie
    @shelliz
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @betsylee
    @brightonbelle
    @elektron
    @basyjames
    @ccco
    @rabbette B2B

Day 10 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Decided to go for ADF this week. Yes, glad for the successful WFD Monday. Today’s FD I am using a little HWC in my coffee and may treat myself to my “fauxbucks” later in the day. Other than that lots of water and herbal tea – a liquid FD. @dykask – what do you include on your WFD?

@jaifaim – I love your closing line “We rise by lifting others”
    @betsylee – sounds like interesting studies to me as well
    @coda – thank you for your uplifting comments today. You sound so active and positive!

Day 10 pocket list:

@rafiki44
    @matpi
    @stephsie
    @shelliz
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifam
    @flourbaby
    @betsylee
    @brightonbelle
    @elektron
    @basyjames
    @ccco
    @Rabette B2B
    @annemarilyn

Glad we’re on the journey together!

USA Day 10 FD
    Second Post

Day 1 of a three day fast has ended at 490 calories and the kitchen is closed. Sticking to my lemon seltzer water until bed time! Hope everyone has had equal success!

Day 10 – USA – FD

Hello 5:2 Tribe,

Hope my fellow fasters are staying strong today!

I have a question. Can someone explain to me the rationale for back-to-back fasts? My understanding of 5:2 plan is that fast days are to be NON-consecutive days twice a week. Am I supposed to be doing these fasts back-to-back?

I’m a little confused because I don’t have the book — if you have thoughts please chime in. Thanks in advance.

Adding myself to today’s fasting list of 15 strong! 👍

Day 10 pocket list:

@rafiki44
    @matpi
    @stephsie
    @shelliz
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifam
    @flourbaby
    @betsylee
    @brightonbelle
    @elektron
    @basyjames
    @ccco
    @Rabette B2B
    @annemarilyn
    @fiftyandfabulous

Day 10, UK, NFD

After another successful FD on Monday, I feel I’m slowly getting back on the wagon. Not there yet, but definitely an improvement. My body just needs to catch up 😉 . We carry on ….

@daffodil2010 I was thinking of you today, I planted some daffodils, they are so beautiful 🌼 and popular haha , I hardly finished planting them when a bee found them 🐝. I hope your job interview went well 🙏

@coda nice to hear from you, I hope the new solicitor is better and get some positive, much needed results for your son. That woman sounds really unstable, is she definitely fit to look after the child?

@metatauta glad to hear you are enjoying Bulgarian yoghurt and kefir, I love them, they really are the best 😀

@alisa253 I guess I am a birder, I feed them in my garden, but I’ve never been on a bird watching trip. I love watching birds, but I love all wildlife 😀 We talk about birds here sometimes 😀

@snowflake56 I went for my physio but not much happened. The therapist said that I have a frozen shoulder and there is not much that can be done about it but just let it heal in time. He gave me some exercises to do and told me to try and exercise as much as I can my usual exercises, that it would speed up the recovery, which usually takes a very long time. I try … thanks for asking xx Glad you are feeling better xx

Hope everyone has a great day/evening ❤

Day 10 London UK FD800

A so far successful FD800. Except I feel very hungry; currently munching on chewing gum, which usually helps.

@betsylee – ah, if only it were that simple! 😉 Actually I do use my perfectly genuine intolerance to gluten to avoid being fed vast quantities of biscuits, but I live in a pretty multicultural part of London. A lot of people I know have been brought up to believe that a) guests should be fed and b) a guest who refuses food is simply being polite, and the host should repeat the offer until the food is accepted. In this case, my friend had found me biscuits that were gluten free, so yup, a definite refusal would have given mortal offense.

@daffodil2010 – good luck!

@fiftyandfabulous – the word from Dr Mosley is ‘do what works best for you’. He found non-consecutive days worked best for him, so that’s what he suggested. However, he has no problem with people doing back-to-back if that’s what works for them. The rationale for b2b is, I think, that it gives a longer ketosis period.

Day 10 UK CD

This morning I weighed an amazing 2lb down – got all excited until I realised the scales had moved! But even back in their usual place I’m under my previous weight – look forward to FD tomorrow & weekly weigh in. Definitely feeling thinner and that’ll do me.

Went into town for two LOOOOOONG meetings – 5.5 hrs w/o a break – then Lent course. Had unexpected teatime lunch with colleague – beetroot & lentil burger without bun but with fat chips, a clementine early evening then v late salad with baba ganoush at home. Feeling really stuffed now but no carbtastic bloat – yay!

Unfortunately my lovely new-last-summer shift-with-pockets is suddenly too big – i wore it today with a top underneath for warmth and it was pretty baggy. This is the one I bought to replace my old much-loved v baggy one. I know I should be glad to be smaller, but I’m also sad to say goodbye to lovely clothes. I definitely don’t love the “nothing to wear must go shopping” feeling.

@coda great to see you back, tho sorry you are still having a hard time wrt grandson. Hope the new solicitor does the trick. Well done on the 60 day course – and on repeating it!! Glad your dad has perked up 🙂
    @daffodil2010 rooting for you with permanent job. Obviously you are the best candidate!
    @ailsa253 i love birds too. I’ve not been on a bird safari but love watching them at home and when out & about. Lots visiting me – from wrens to rooks, pigeons to parakeets 😀
    @flourbaby yay for FD resets & hula hoop reshaping 🙂
    @debster251 two TONNES of topsoil?! that’s exercise!
    @songbirdme well done on the 4lbs after good FD! I love that weight can be easy on easy off 🙂
    @basyjames great to hear from you. HOpe work settles down soon 🙂
    @ciren2 thanks so much for the encouragement yesterday – it helped!
    @metatauta thanks for the reminder re bulgarian yogurt & kefir – mine are still stitting in the freezer. Must remember to make some yogurt this weekend

Thankful for the company of this wonderful international community. Go gently good people x

Keeping myself honest for proper vanilla FD tomorrow by starting…..

Day 11 Pocket List – add yourself if you’re fasting
    @michelinme

Day 11, Japan, FD B2B

I’m going through every single post everyday but not being able to make any replies…really hard to do that on my phone. Good luck to all hula hoopers, interviews, hard work, long meeting etc. Keep warm!

I just realized that it has been 31 days since I started this WOL. I have lost a good load of weight thanks to the WOL and all the support I get here. However I haven’t noticed any changes in belly size, maybe I’m losing fat from all over my body? Well just wait and see…

Another busy and coldy day. 3 degrees Celsius yesterday my goodness!! It was 23 degrees Celsius just about 5 days ago. It’s making me want to eat hotpot with loads of meat and veggies but I’ll try to wait until Saturday.

@michelinme
    @shelliz

Day 11, Melbourne Aust, NFD
    Yesterday I had about 1200-1500 calories as NFD – it felt like a lot more! One good thing about fasting is that it puts eating, in general, into a different perspective.

Day 11 – Melbourne AUS – FD

Had a dream (or nightmare!!!) last night that I ordered two almond lattes in the morning forgetting it was a FD, and my colleague never showed so ended up drinking them both, FD ruined! Have been craving one ever since.

Netball last night, and weights session this morning – the hunger kicked in before it was even 10am…tummy is rumbling despite the water, black coffee etc. I’m 100% committed to this FD, but might just give myself some extra cals to get through it, maybe make it a 650-700cal day.

Winter is coming here, have been a chilly couple of mornings.

@daffodil2010 good luck with the interview!
    @songbirdme love it when the easy on/easy off holds true!
    @basyjames I sometimes find discrepencies with the calories.
    @aglowworm nice work on the run!! I’ve been trying to get back into running, but haven’t been able to get back into the rhythm of it just yet. Need to channel some of your get up and go!!
    @coda I’ve never played squash but it looks hard. Lovely having an activity you can do with your son. So sorry about all the difficult times with your son/grandson. Never easy.

@michelinme
    @shelliz
    @gretta

Day 11 Bristol, UK 2nd day of B2b Fasting

Fasting went well yesterday, despite my Mother trying to press all manner of sweet goodies on me! @betsylee – it’s just me at home so I can’t risk taking things home because only I’d be able to eat them! 🙂

Up early today as Oven Cleaner coming and then off to make a Needlefelt hare on a day course… hopefully I’ll be too busy to be hungry. I’ve only done b2b fasting once before and I got really hangry by the end of it!

Have a great day everyone

@michelinme
    @shelliz
    @gretta
    @stephsie

Day 11: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

It’s my day off today, so I’m not trying to kid myself I can fast! A beautiful, fresh and sunny morning here today. At the moment, anyway. We’ve had a few days of dull, grey and damp weather. Good for dog-walking in the park.

@fiftyandfabulous: Some people on here do seem to be able to do consecutive days fasting, which, as @bluesqueak says, probably increases time in fat-burning mode. The idea of 5:2 is that it’s should be a sustainable way of living, so one or two days per week. He found it easier to separate those days, as probably, do most people. Do what YOU are comfortable to live with, in other words. What you don’t want to do is lower you metabolism unduly, or, like me, fall off the wagon because you’ve pushed yourself too hard.
    @michelinme: Lesson, never move your scales from the usual spot! You’re doing well. Yesterday my mail delivery took about as long as your meeting….a bit of a long slog.
    @stephsie: Enjoy your hare-making.

Day 11 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Oh my goodness, thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement regarding my interview yesterday, I could FEEL you all rooting for me, love this forum ☺️

Interview went well, but hard to know. I was surprised to learn that it’s a two stage process so there will be a second interview if I get through this stage. And all the time I keep telling myself I am the strongest candidate for this job..ha ha, positive affirmations. Seriously though, it will be interesting times ahead and if I am not chosen I will be looking for solid reasons why it’s perfectly acceptable to have me successfully covering a 10 month maternity leave but not offer me permanency when there is a job available …politics maybe?

Good FD yesterday, down another notch under Plateau Ledge, so seeing the downward slope at last.

@shinything, Aww thanks for thinking of me with the daffs ☺️ How is your bird feeder going? Mine dies not seem to be as popular this Spring, I might have to move it, might get another brand of fat balls.

Got to go, I have some some kefir to stir before popping it in to ferment, then off to work.

Have a good day all. I hope to have more time soon to contribute more, but I read every single post and I love catching up with this community 🤗

Day 11 – Ireland – NFD

Grand FD yesterday… was very busy so didn’t get to think too much about food… cleared the garden in the sun after work… good hard work…
    @annemarilyn -I like it too 💕 I spotted it on the wall in a café recently and a few weeks later I was having a very bad week and two super friends lifted me separately with their kindness. it only takes one or two good people to lift us when things aren’t going too well 👍 I appear quite strong and capable but am learning to talk and ask for help when I need it…
    @fiftyandfabulous it’s very much what works for you and I’m so in awe of those people who can do multiple B2Bs! I have tried B2B once or twice and find the second day easier as I’m in the flow but if I have sports on I can’t do that as if need to refuel particularly for cycling..
    Travelling today so hoping to have controlled day.

Good luck to all fasting today…
    We rise by lifting others 💕
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 11, London, UK, FD (3rd of B2B2B)

Another FD under my belt, perhaps not as close to 500cals as I’d hoped, but I’m taking it!!!!

@fiftyandfabulous, I think the original 5:2 rules are fairly ‘fluid’. I like B2B2Bs because they fit in with my work schedule and I think, once I get into fat burning mode on day 1 I don’t revert to sugar burning with a NFD then back to fat burning on my next FD. I just continue fat burning for 3 days straight. I also think fasting becomes easier after day 2. (I have this in my head which works for me, it may not be entirely scientific!!!)

@songbirdme, you deserve that whoosh simply for being such a fantastically committed blood donor! I wish I could, but anaemia has put paid to that!!!

@coda, surely gentleman OH and gentleman son 2 could throw a game here or there to boost your morale??? ………………… or perhaps not, after all there’s NOTHING more competitive than ‘men at sport’!!!!

Well, we’re 1/3 way through the month, the first flush of a new challenge has gone, it’s time to knuckle down, get Oh-So serious, pull fingers out, stop faffing and just get on with it ……………………………….. I speak for myself of course!!!!

Happy fasting folks!!!

Day 11 Melb Aust, FD (day 3 of 4 B2B2B2B2B)

Well, I’ve survived my third consecutive day – @fiftyandfabulous, I think @bluesqueak and @ciren2 have answered your question well – whatever is comfortable for you. I’m currently doing 4 B2Bs only because I’ve had several days of excess and I’m getting myself back on track. From next week I plan to do 4:3 again, which is also an option mentioned by Dr Mosley. It’s harder, and to be honest, I aim for 3 FDs a week because it usually ends up being only two, and I also usually do FD800 (not this week though) which is 800 cals on FDs, not 500. It’s a WOL (way of life) not a diet, so work out what works best for you, and go for it.

@ciren2, Re your asthma meds, that’s what I wrote a while back. I always use my Ventolin (salbutamol) reliever first to open my airways, and then the preventer (Symbicort) a few minutes later so it can go down further. That happens EVERY TIME I take Symbicort, so twice every day. Outside of that, I rarely need the reliever, just very occasionally at night or if something sets off the cough. BUT – I carry a reliever with me all the time. Were you given an asthma plan to follow? i.e., steps to take if your asthma worsens?

@rabbette, thanks for the hula hoop link. I’ll have a good look.

@aglowworm, @annemarilyn, yes, the study is very interesting. Australian churches are often very multi-ethnic – for instance, my church has congregation members from 46 different ethnicities – so intercultural communication in English especially for first generation migrants may be an issue, and that’s what I’m looking at.

@ccco, good luck with day one of the 3 B2bs.

@michelinme, congrats on the weight loss, even with the scales in the right place. Very pleasing!

@stephsie, yes, I can see the problem – maybe bin the goodies before you get home????

Day 11 Pocket List
    @michelinme
    @shelliz
    @gretta
    @stephsie
    @betsylee

Day 11, Emden Germany, 1st of B2B

Yesterday was the worst eating day since a long time. Went shopping and came home with 2 liters of ice cream, 11 snickers, Dutch liquorice and lots of delicious Dutch biscuits and fudge. Only a bit of ice cream left now, fudge gone, half of the liquorice and 2 packets of biscuits also gone. Didn’t touch the snickers though. DH only had a bit of ice cream.

Today I plan to eat the dinner we planned for yesterday: oven baked button mushrooms with tomatoes and 2 whipped eggs/chives/salt/pepper. Perhaps it helps when I write it down.

On the positive side: I was able to do 15,18,11 rotations with the hula hoop, so there seems to be progress. Mostly I can only do up to 5 rotations, I think the first 3 are just from the swing I’m giving the hoop, it seems to be about finding the right technique. My hoop is a light one without any knobs and might be too small, it seems to work best on bare skin. @rabette thanks for the link.

@russetfox how are you? Hugs
    @shinything it’s hard to get shoulders working well again, but it’s good to hear you don’t give up and do you exercises.
    @metatauta you’re our queen of the hula hoop! What exercises you do for the bat/bingo wings? My upper arms are the worst looking part of my body.
    @alisa253 42 species to look out for. Do you know them all? Our bird feeder is visited by ~ 9 species, not a lot going on there.
    @daffodil2010 first hurdle taken! Do you know how many applied for the job?
    @ciren2 are you still having the nightly coughs?
    @basyjames I noticed when I’m slacking with food, I tend to slack with exercise as well.
    @aglowworm well done on running! Being here more often is motivating, I’m going in here mostly once a day, perhaps I should go in more to stay motivated.
    @coda nice to get an update on the others sons as well. We played squash a long time ago, must be 19 years ago, don’t think I have the speed to do it anymore.
    @fiftyandfabulous before retirement I used to do B2B on Monday/Tuesday because those were the days with long hours of work. When I do them now on Mon/Tues it doesn’t work that well anymore. I eat too much on the other days, thinking I already did the work on the B2B.
    @shelliz my body shape changed after losing the weight I wanted, the fat left seems to shift to other places.

Sorry for the long post, had to catch up a bit, slacking here also.

Day 11 Pocket List
    @michelinme
    @shelliz
    @gretta
    @stephsie
    @betsylee
    @flourbaby
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

@betsylee: I value your input on the asthma….you’ve reminded me of something the asthma specialist said the other day and I’d already forgotten! Use the Salbutamol a few minutes before the preventer to open up the airways first. I also demonstrated my usual technique which proved I was not doing it right and the stuff only entered the top part of my lungs!!! Hence now the “Easyhalers”.
    Yes, she did give me a written plan to follow and told me I should carry the reliever at all times. I’m going out to get the new puffers shortly. I didn’t get a chance before when I was at work, but today is my day off. So, looking towards a quick improvement shortly.
    @snowflake56: The coughing at night is still a bother, yes, but hopefully, not for much longer. How are you getting on with your health troubles?
    @coda: My daughter has been working in Australia (Melbourne area) for nearly four months now. Like you, I do wonder if she will stay there. She’s already hinted that she will, especially if her boyfriend manages to get a visa too.They plan to move in together….so..
    @flourbaby: you’re doing fine…at least you can fast, which is more than I can!!

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 741 total)

You must be logged in to reply.