April 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 740 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  AnneMarilyn 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 741 total)

• Day 27 UK NFD
    Last day of travel so back home tomorrow,aiming to get back to normal

Just quickly checking in. I’ve been crazy busy and haven’t had time to post.
    Well, jaifaim and @daffodil2010 I’ve now successfully exported my second son to Dublin. YS bought a house in North Bray 18 months ago and now OS has just put a deposit on a house in S Dublin so we were away seeing his venture then over to Kilkenny in the caravan to spend a gloriously sunny Easter. (Funny @daffodil I always think of you when we hit the ‘Welcome to Co Meath’ sign on the motorway!)Meanwhile at home our bathroom was being replaced, so plenty going on. Unfortunately bathroom work is still not finished – plumber here as I write, as are my two boys and their girlfriends, who are here for tonight’s rugby (Ulster v Leinster) so no showers or toilet facilities for the time being🤭. We’re home till Wednesday then we’re off to the Moto GP in Jerez and a bit of sight seeing in Cadiz so life’s a bit hectic. I only hope the bathroom is finished before then.
    Weight remains at top of maintenance despite plenty of indulgence over Easter.
    Have a good weekend everyone.

Day 27: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Fiercely windy day!
    Calling in a bit later than usual…nursing duties! Took DH up to the local minor injuries unit this morning because I was concerned about quite a bit of bloody/watery leaking from his wound. Was it infected? We were seen after two hours (chose a busy time to turn up!) and given the ok and plenty of dressings. He’s just been doing “too much”….basically a bit more than nothing at all! He had a real problem getting in and out of my little car (a Nissan Micra) you just can’t do normal things without a certain amount of bending and twisting, which he’s not allowed to do for six weeks…also we can’t get on with the surgical knee-stockings which he’s also supposed to be wearing most of the time. He obviously can’t put them on and neither can I…they are just too strong to me to stretch open over his feet. I have arthritis in both wrists. So we’re just making sure he walks (gently) around the house, sits with his legs up and waggles his feet round at intervals! Roll on six weeks…
    @dykask: I think you are doing right by going for extended water fasts rather than dry fasts. Eventually you could do up to 72 hours (they say) and it would be very beneficial in lots of ways. See below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX_kg6Nimbc

@matpi: So pleased to hear that your naughty dog is recovering from his “mulch-experience”…I hope you’ve removed further temptation…he may not have learned his lesson!
    …and, yes, I can understand it better when you say your “bites” are mouthfuls. That sounds more reasonable, and less of a chore to keep count than chews.

Pocket list for Day 27:

@snowflake56

add yourself if you’re fasting, the more the merrier!

Day 27 UK CD

Yesterday morphed into a NFD with my mother coming to tea. I was great while she was here – she ate scones with berries, I ate berries with vegan yogurt. But afterwards SOOOOO tired I had my vegan gf pizza AND the leftover scone (not gf and not vegan 🙁 )…. may be why I’ve got such a headache today.

Had a v quiet morning in bed then pottered. Love to hear about your pottery @rabette! For me today pottering is gently wandering around doing chores and small things, moving with no sense of urgency and not necessarily direction, happy to be distracted by whatever takes my fancy. While putting away laundry, sweeping floors, washing up I spent time watching the sparrows bathe, listened to the radio, looked at pictures, stopped mid chore to think about what it was like playing Judas on Palm Sunday…

I’ve just made a small oat & yogurt loaf with pumpkin seeds, almonds, a few raisins and lots of spices. Vegan yogurt seems to go much further than cow, so only 250ml yogurt needed 350g oats despite all the seeds and nuts. Baked loaf weighs in at 680g, 280 calories/100g but I think more protein than my usual. Glad to be disciplined and make a smaller loaf – hopefully I’ll be less tempted by things outside the house if i remember i’ve got that at home. But my usual mantra is that if i don’t have it in the house I can’t eat it!

Now for yoga, meditation, hairwash & gentle reading evening ahead of a v early night. Need to leave early to get into town around the London marathon – crossing the course not running it! 😀 😀 😀

@ciren2 hope DH recovers well – and you don’t get too exhausted! I’ve got v little and reducing hand strength – empathy 🙁
    @jaifaim have a wonderful cycing weekend despite the gale force winds!
    @ccco hope your medication kicks in soon

Whatever your weekend brings, here’s to healing spaces and helpful choices

Day 27 – Eastern WA USA – WFD

Interesting @ciren2 that I just watched Dr.Berg’s video on extended fasting earlier this morning and then I saw you had posted the link to the same video. I wrote down those 8 benefits he details. I’m on day 2 of water fasting. I will go as long as my body feels good; keeping in mind the sea salt and sufficient water as Dr. Berg and others remind us to do.

@debster251 – your restroom situation sounds a little challenging especially with additional folks around. Sounds like you have some interesting travel plans ahead. Good for keeping in the maintenance range.

@michelinme – it is interesting how we eat something even though we know it might not have good repercussions. Hope you’ll feel better soon.

Need to go outside and plant the rhubarb plant my brother shared with me.

Glad we’re on this journey together!

Still day 27
    Forgot to add myself to the fasting list for today 🙂

Pocket list for Day 27:

@snowflake56
    @annemarilyn

Day 27 Wales FD

Pocket list for Day 27:
    @snowflake56
    @annemarilyn
    @russetfox

Late check in post work. Night night all xx

Day 27 London UK NFD

Just a quick check in – @ciren2, hope your DH recovers soon and @ccco hope the medication kicks in soon.

Day 27 – USA (Illinois) NFD

Busy Saturday with morning brunch followed by several hours of duty at our Children’s Museum. But the big news was —

SNOW! It’s nearly 10 p.m. and we’ve had about 12 hours of steady, wet snow — must be about 4-5″ now all covering the new spring vegetation! CRAZY times here in the Midwest. Wisconsin got even more than we did.

Hugs to all of you from the Land of Endless Winter. 🙂

Onward and Downward.

Day 28 Bristol, UK NFD

Many thanks again, to @ciren2, @jaifaim, @Rabette, @Daffoldil2010, @snowflake56,@Basyjames and @matpi. It really is wonderful how much support is offered here – it means such a lot and has helped me through this difficult week. I was in an abusive relationship for many years and this situation brought up many of the feelings and remaining issues from that, so it has been hard, but actually, it wasn’t as horrendous to go back as I thought it would be. Unfortunately, we are on the same team, so I see him all the time, although I have moved to be as physically far away from him as possible and I don’t have to interact too much atm at least. I do Pilates and have learnt Transcendental Meditation which has helped enormously, and I go out into nature at least twice a day whilst walking the dogs and find that helps a huge deal too. I also did an Emotional Freedom Technique course ast week (tapping), but it’s too early to say if that will help at all.

@ Jaifaim – how did the cycling go? Did you manage to stay on?! 🙂
    @ccco – I am sorry to hear about your thyroid problems. Are you going to go onto any medication for it?
    @ciren2 – I am glad your husband’s surgery went well and that the ‘leakage’ was nothing too serious.
    @ MissyBear – it’s great that your husband’s results were also good. one year in Maintenance!! That’s amazing, well done, you should be very proud.
    @russetfox – I’m so pleased Shay continues to do well.
    @debster – enjoy your time away – sounds like a lot of fun!
    @matpi How is your dog doing? One of mine was sick on two rugs yesterday morning and the other one has just been sick on the carpet! I’m pretty sure it’s nothing serious though, just a pain to clean up!
    I’m sorry to hear about all the stress you’re experiencing – it’s so debilitating, I hope you’ve managed to relax this weekend and recharge your batteries and resilience. Workmen no shows are SOOO annoying – I’m sending positive thought so that it all gets sorted out next week for you.

Have a great day everyone x x x

Day 28, Emden Germany, CD?

Perhaps I should write a manual called “How to derail on a FD!”. We bought two tubs of ice cream for my friend, but she didn’t eat it, I ate 1,5 tubs (1200 ml). Will try to do better today.

@ciren2 the surgical knee-stockings are easier to put on with something that makes them slide over the heel. Do you have something like that? If the stockings are open toed, you could use a silk/polyester scarf and pull the scarf out through the open end. On youtube are a lot of videos that might help.
    @stephsie you seem to be doing all the right things, I hope it gets better as time goes by.
    @songbirdme enjoy your winterland! Hope it doesn’t last too long.
    @jaifaim I made the spreadsheet, the handles are in red, as soon as the owners sign in, I’ll change them to black. I’ll keep an eye on the spreadsheet and copy it every day.

Here is the link for the May 2019 Challenge (3rd Anniversary!), I hope it works, if not, please notify me:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j39Y-VsjETm20Vc89cFG2Fk3KWaACZpg0qBIG-s-4io/edit#gid=267525576

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 28 – UK – ?CD
    Day 27 – Feast Day 👿

Unexpected visitors yesterday ended up being a complete derailment………(@Snowflake56 total empathy with you!) from my mini challenge of “control and moderation” BUT today is a new day – so aiming for a good CD before my usual FD on Monday and will probably aim for a B2B on Tuesday to end this challenge 💪

Did not weigh myself yesterday so will now leave it until Wednesday morning which will be my end weight for this challenge and my starting one for the May Challenge with @jaifaim

@ccco – hopefully the thyroid medication will soon get to a therapeutic level in your bloodstream to have a positive effect on your general wellbeing xx
    @daffodil2010 – was the flat pack conquered??
    @jaifaim – hopefully Storm Hannah did not affect your cycling outing with your club? Looking forward to joining you in the May Challenge next week
    @ciren2 – nursing duties……hope all goes well with DH recovery

The sun is out – OH has gone out with his running club for a big run so after some pottering around at home and making a new batch of kefir I’m off to get ready for a walk on my local fells with a friend

“Sunday. A day to refuel your soul and be grateful for your blessings. Take a deep breath and relax. Enjoy your family, your friends, and a cup of coffee.”

2nd post

@at I did step on the scales, weight 62,1 kg! I’m way out of maintenance so un-highlighted my handle, no green for me next month. My FDs are mostly fine, my NFD’s are just a desaster. No motivation at all, totally gone!

Day 28 – Ireland – FD

Hi all, i survived Storm Hannah💨💨 100km and lots of climbing and a big night out last night with many drinks 🍸 …
    I have a really silly question… I’m on a phone and can’t see how to create a new topic… can someone point me in the right direction? I have the intro text all ready to go…so hope to have the May challenge good to go later today…
    Thanks@snowflake56 for setting up the spreadsheet! You are a star 🌟!

2nd post

@jaifaim – Glad you survived Storm Hannah💨💨 – Boy that is some cycle ride and the big night out that followed with many drinks was certainly earnt unlike mine yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully the following information is clear
    Click on Forum at the top of the page – look down that page and you’ll see that the first section on this page is labelled “Body” – scroll down and click on “Weight Loss” – at the top of that page click on “Start a new topic in Weight loss” – and off you go

🤗

Thanks @at – all very clear 👍.

Hi all, the May 2019 challenge is set up and ready for us to go on Wednesday… see you all there 👍

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/may-2019-challenge/

Day 28: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Care duties seem to take up so much of my time….good job I’m not back at work until next Friday. DH isn’t allowed to bend or twist his back for six weeks, so you’d be amazed how often you would normally bend or twist and so I’m constantly on call. He is normally quite active in the house and garden, now it’s all going to fall to me, the shopping (he can’t get in and out of a car), the ironing, the lawn-mowing, his plants are nearly big enough to put out, taking out the bins….aaargghh! Stressed.
    His wound is still leaking and sore, and he sleeps a lot. They told me yesterday it is not infected.
    @ccco: Sorry to hear you are having thyroid problems, good luck in getting it sorted out soon xx
    @annemarilyn: How did you get on with your water fast? I also wrote down the 8 benefits from Dr Berg’s video….but haven’t taken action…..sigh!
    @songbirdme: SNOW!….NO? It should be well into spring by now.
    @stephsie: Good for you for all the self-help you’re doing. Meditation, especially, should help you to stay calm and help you to relax…ditto walks in nature. You’ve got good friends on this forum too remember. ((hugs))
    @jaifaim: I too, had to search around a bit to find out how to start a new topic, but once found, (it’s at the top of each page, just above the 1st entry) it turned out to be easy! @snowflake56 has done the honours again with setting up the May spreadsheet. Thanks….where would we be without our technical help, eh?

Have a good day everyone……only two more days left of this challenge. Make them count.

Day 28 UK CD

Made it into town around the engineering works & marathon. Came back with DD via the marathon (!) and had lunch on our way home. Now feeling v Tired but triumphant, and ready for a cuppa in the garden then early supper, bath & bed with a book.

So much pain these last few day… After some experimenting with meds, hydration, rest & magnesium & a bit of reading, I’m going to try potassium and fat soluble B vitamins. But also book an appt with the GP – it may take a while!! V glad to now have the sheer joy of a week at home, even to there’s plenty to catch up with. The delight of knowing I don’t have to go out again for a week – or even get dressed! – is simply bliss 🙂

zzzzz

Go well, good people 🙂

Day 28- Atlanta, Ga. -USA-NFD

Gong to brunch today then riding scooters in the park. Its gonna be a beautiful day here in Atlanta. Hope you all have beautiful weather too. Talk to you guys tomorrow.

I almost forgot.. Can someone please post the spreadsheet for April again? I think I missed it. Thanks.

Day 28 Wales NFD

Day 28, UK, NFD

Still here, and still carrying on with this WOL, despite my scales not budging 😡 . Never mind, we carry on 💪

@michelinme, @gretta, @matpi, @ciren2, @snowflake56, @betsylee, @jaifaim thank you for your supportive words 🤗 . Its been very stressful with my mum last few days, she gets some odd ideas and gets very stubborn, never been like that before 🙁

@jaifaim its a terrible disease 🙁 , its like a personality change, not just a loss of memory. Very distressing 🙁

@dykask I never heard of dry fasts before you mentioned it, and I read about it a bit now, and from all I’ve read it doesn’t seem safe to me. I think you are better off staying on a safe side and doing water fasts 👍

@michelinme i hope your London marathon run/walk went well! You rock! 😎 Enjoy your week off now, yay! \o/

@songbirdme I follow Decorah eagles and that eagle trio ( they are near your area) and was shocked to see the snow at this time of the year 😲. Those poor birds trying to shelter their little ones by spreading their wings and staying like that for hours! They never fail to amaze me! ❤

@ccco sorry to hear you are having a problem with your thyroid. I had mine removed and am on medication for the rest of my life, and I would give anything to have my thyroid back. So try and treat it with medication, its an important organ 🙂

@ciren2 I’m sorry I missed the info about your husband surgery 😳 , but I’m really glad to read that it went well. I hope he recovers fully soon 👍

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and have a great week ahead 🌼

Day 28 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

@ciren2 – I continued the water fast through 48 hours, and then had a cup of Pero (a coffee substitue) with some cream. That would have ended the autophagy but not the weightloss benefits. I finally truly broke the fast at 68 hours with a meal at 1:30 today. I may eat one more small meal within a 6 or 8 hour eating window, depending if I’m hungry or not. Then I’ll start another fast to end the month.

I did have an NSV recently. The friend that joined me at the Tulip Festival in Mt. Vernon, WA while I was on my Easter trip, said I looked like I was just right. And here I am disappointed in not having moved the scale further down. I want to learn somehow to be content with where I am now while continuing to make choices that will hopefully move me downward. I don’t want to lose sight of where I’ve gotten to and start going up and back to where I was.

@stephsie – I’m so glad you’re doing things to help heal yourself. That must be rather difficult being on the same team with your ex. I too have come out of a verbally and emotionally abusive marriage. I was fortunate to find various supports in the healing journey. For me, it was ARMS (Abuse Recovery Ministry Services) who started out of Hillsboro, OR USA but is now international; Divorce Care, and also Celebrate Recovery. Oh, and 2 books that really helped me: “Boundaries” by Dr.s Cloud & Townsend and “Verbal Abuse” by Dr. Patricia Evans. If we have our eyes open, it’s amazing the support there is out there.

@shinything – glad you’re hanging in there. How are you feeling since you began this way of life? Remember it’s not only the scale.

We’re in this together!

Day 29 – Japan – WFD

I think I’m working of water fast #33 in 2019. I not so sure I’m going to keep count much longer as it really doesn’t matter. I’m actually more concerned about improving flexibility and mobility. Around 10 years ago I had frozen shoulders and I never fully recovered from. Also my legs are not very flexible and that is quite limiting. I’m even thinking about starting some yoga.

I won’t be running for the next few days, that are far to many tourist out. This is a rare time in Japan and a old emperor is stepping now and a new one will take over. This will happen over the next few days.

I’m about 18 hours into this fast as I skipped dinner yesterday. Since I’ll miss a couple full 36 hour fasts when I’m traveling, I might just push this one longer. I’ll see how I feel.

Day 28 Ohio, US — NFD(66 bites)
    Day 27 — NFD (66 bites)

Pretty wiped out now — so just checking in. I did the end of the month weigh in and it was good news. But will have to cover that tomorrow. Heading to bed now.

Have a great start to your week!

Day 29 – Melbourne AUS – FD
    My posting on here this month has been pretty intermittent (lol), but I’m definitely here, and need to make more of an effort to check in (even if I’m not caught up on posts!).

Despite only doing one FD last week, I was able to make some good choices and remain active despite having a couple of boozy days – thoroughly enjoyable long weekend though, so all worth it.

The ball on Saturday night was lots of fun, and felt great in the new frock!

Not feeling super lean after the last couple of weeks with the indulgences, but looking forward to the May challenge and hopefully getting into my maintenance range!!

@betsylee @snowflake56 @rabbette @michelinme @ciren2 @at thanks for the birthday wishes! I had a lovely day.
    @jaifaim I also have delayed weight gain after an indulgence, hoping tomorrow doesn’t bring a shock!
    @ciren2 glad to hear your DH’s surgery went well, hopefully the recovery comes along nicely – and that you manage some self care at the same time! Caring for others is not easy.
    @matpi that sounds incredibly stressful, hopefully next week goes smoothly for you!
    @missybear congrats on reaching that maintenance milestone! What an awesome achievement.
    @michelinme great work getting off the plateau
    @songbirdme hope you’re staying warm
    @daffodil2010 I love putting together flat packs – a human sized puzzle indeed! Hope you managed to piece it together!

Pocket List Day 29:
    @dykask
    @gretta

Day 29, Emden Germany, FD

Pocket List Day 29:
    @dykask
    @gretta
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 29, Bristol, UK FD

@snowflake56 – I am the same atm – FDs are fine but then I go crazy on NFDs. But I haven’y even come near maintenance yet!

@jaifaim – congrats on surviving the storm and doing 100km! Very impressive.

@ciren2 – I’m sorry you have so much to do – try to take one thing at a time instead of thinking about it all at once – if you do that it seems unsurmountable. Easier said than done, I know x x x Thank you for all the kind words you’ve said to me this month – it really has been wonderfully helpful and I am very grateful.

@michelinme – I’m sorry you’re in pain, I know how debilitating that is. You’re doing so well though, to keep going and keep so positive. Enjoy your week at home x

@shinything – I hope things get a little easier with your Mum and a little less stressful. Such a hard time for you both x

@annemarilyn – Thank you so much for your kind words. I seem to have been rather confused in what I said though – the man at work is not my ex (thank god!!) – i just was trying to say that some of the things he had done reminded me of my very abusive ex and had brought up a lot of feelings from that time, which had made things even harder. I’m sorry I wasn’t more clear. It is truly awful how many people have experienced such traumatic relationships; I thank you for sharing your experience and I am so glad that you have found support and some healing. I have done some therapy and I have found meditation invaluable in helping me around these issues, which have caused much damage to subsequent relationships. I’m staying single until I can feel that I will not sabotage anything in future through fear.

Pocket List Day 29:
    @dykask
    @gretta
    @snowflake56
    @stephsie

Day 29 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

B2B to finish off the month. Very busy weekend with stuff van related….myself and DH made the frame for our comfy seat on Saturday…and yes, I DID help!! The flat pack though….oooer, it was like staring into fog and my brain hurt. So DH, bless him, took over and knocked up the cabinet in less than an hour…..I made dinner instead 😄

So @gretta and @at, I still can’t do flat pack 😁

Yesterday we were up and out super early as DH had an MRI appointment in South Dublin for his shoulder (still causing immense pain after his work accident in November, the time he snapped his calf muscle…). Goodness, the difference a Sunday morning makes to traffic! Hoping to get the results today. Only for medication he would not be able to continue with his work which is very physical 😱

@debster251 Great to hear two of your sons are happily despatched ☺️ I am originally from south Dublin myself, but I love living in Meath. I would only move back to Dublin if I could live in the mountains overlooking the city (not going to ever afford that 😄). Oh and lucky you heading off to Jerez for the Moto GP. We would love that!!! Enjoy.

@ciren2 My heart goes out to you, and hopefully you can work around the care for your DH whilst not putting yourself in pain.

@jaifaim and @snowflake56 thanks for setting up the May topic and the spreadsheet….will pop into it now.

Two more days left of April. Not sure if I will meet my month end goal but I will certainly be lower than my start. I have also successfully built strength in my glutes and core so hopefully I can start gently on Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred again in May. Being wary of my sciatica and other muscular and nerve thingies all the time.

Have a great Monday.

Pocket list Day 29
    @dykask
    @gretta
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010

Day 29: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD…

Bright, sunny morning here (at the moment, anyway) left DH out in the garden doing potting-therapy at the picnic table. All the plants he’s had in the greenhouse are coming to the stage where they need potting up or putting into the hanging baskets. So everything is on the table, waist-high to keep him busy with gentle pursuits for awhile, rather than sitting around moping! I’m listening out for any cries for help…
    @annemarilyn: What a fantastic effort…68 hours with just a cup of coffee. With practice (so says Dr Berg on his video) you’ll get even better at it!
    @matpi: Get well soon xx
    @gretta: The main thing is, you’re still here.

Pocket list Day 29
    @dykask
    @gretta
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010

Have a good day all my dear friends xx

Day 29 UK FD

Day 29 Wales FD

Pocket list Day 29
    @dykask
    @gretta
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @russetfox

Day 29 Melb Aust FD
    Day 28 NFD
    Day 27 CD

Managed today’s FD. Don’t feel very hungry as I’m totally stuffed up with a cold. It seems that when I get a cold, it is almost always a head cold, with totally blocked nasal passages, even affecting my hearing. I just have to ride it out. Read everyone’s posts, but not answering, sorry.

Hope everyone meets or at least approaches their April weight goal. I’ll probably be about a kg off, but then I always aim for more than I really think I’ll lose.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone again in May!

Pocket list Day 29
    @dykask
    @gretta
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @russetfox
    @betsylee

Day 29 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Quick check in to join today’s fasters:

Pocket list Day 29
    @dykask
    @gretta
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @russetfox
    @betsylee
    @missybear

🤗

Day 29 – UK – FD

What a beautiful sunny day after a misty start this morning!

Early start with my 7am Broga class with OH this morning followed by a skinny flat white whilst he had breakfast at a local cafe – Pilates class this afternoon followed by a yoga class this evening to keep me focused on this much needed FD

After Saturday’s feast 👿 I managed to keep yesterday to TDEE – not the controlled day I really wanted but certainly much better than Saturday for sure 😉

@snowflake56 – hang on tight and we will smash May together x
    @ciren2 – 🤗 I’m sure your DH is very grateful for having you at home whilst he is recovering – you be sure not to overdo it x
    @michelinme – a bit of self love is so important when the body is struggling – take it easy and listen to what your body is telling you xx
    @shinything – thinking of you and the struggles with your mum’s early vascular dementia – “We remember their love when they can no longer remember”
    @stephsie and @annemarilyn – Thank you for sharing your life with us “The scars you can’t see are the hardest to heal.” but with time and support heal they will and you will be the stronger for it 🤗
    @daffodil2010 – I’m joining you with a B2B to finish this month – very much needed in my case I fear…..

Joining the others on this Pocket list for Day 29 as TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
    @dykask WFD
    @gretta
    @snowflake56
    @stephsie
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @russetfox
    @betsylee
    @missybear
    @at

“Weight loss doesn’t begin in the gym with a dumb bell; it starts in your head with a decision.”

Day 29 UK FD

Lots of healthy choices yesterday – then made small batch blackberry jam & defrosted some oat/seed/nut bread at the end of the day. A tired choice. But at least I stopped after 3 pieces & left some to share with my friend tomorrow.

Scales not yet shifted upwards but suspect they will in a day or so – weight gain delayed for me too. Going to make good choices today for my last April FD. Starting my week at home with a long sleep & lazy morning, now for yoga & meditation, gentle chores and a couple of hours planning project work. Early supper & v early bed – need to avoid distractions & temptations & look after future me.

@shinything -thank you, but I was trying to get AROUND the London Marathon, not do it 😀 😀 😀 as in, do my usual stuff despite the road closures, crowds, one-way systems for pedestrians etc. Walked thru the park with DD to get train then had coffee together before heading to our homes.
    So sorry about your mum xxxx I’ve friends in similar situations, and older friends who have /had vascular dementia 🙁 Go gently xx

Pocket list Day 29
    @dykask WFD
    @gretta
    @snowflake56
    @stephsie
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @russetfox
    @betsylee
    @missybear
    @at
    @michelinme

Day 29- Atlanta, GA. USA- FD

Thanks @ciren2. I got it. I plan on making it through the day today sticking to my plan for a FD. I haven’t done so good this month with my second day FD though. Looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow though. Last time I checked I was down a couple pounds. Have a fantastic Monday everyone!

Hi All

So April has been a terrible month for me. I’ve pretty much abandoned things and am just hoping to start May at the same weight that I started April with. I really want to join in the May challenge, but am reticent given what a terrible month April has been. But then at the same time, I feel like you’ve got to be in it to win it.

Has anyone else been through similar times? I want to get back on the horse, but am scared that I’ll fall again….

Day 29 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday ended up as an unintended FD as I got very busy hemming the prom dress for a friend’s daughter and had a quick visitor to the house. Oh well … just about 350 calories at lunch and nothing else. Made a good broccoli slaw (from the grocery store package)to which I added cucumber and green onion. Apple cider vinegar, dill, salt, and a little sugar was the dressing. I am prone to making that slaw using mayonnaise or creamy salad dressing, so this recipe had far fewer calories.

@jaifaim – thank you for taking on the reins for May! I’m one of those 3 year veterans who started with @coda.

@annemarilyn – congratulations on your progress after your abuse. I love “Boundaries” and Cloud & Townsend in general.

@shinything – yes, those amazing eagles and their young through all weather! The snow melted yesterday, and today it is heavy rain and about 43′ F. (6.5′ C.) so still not beautiful spring weather here.

@ciren2 – your care for your DH is commendable. Being on beck and call … wow. Good for you.

@michelinme – glad you made it around and IN the London marathon! I’ve had a chat with an Aussie friend about “putter” and “potter” — to me, a potter made clay pots, and we putter around here (not the golf club!). Crazy English language.

Onward and downward.

Day 29 North Canton OH WFD

My world fell apart on Wednesday night. I was trucking along feeling pretty good about how I was doing and where I was and bam! just like that – I fell down a rabbit hole. My oldest daughter overdosed on her antidepressants in an attempted suicide. Thankfully, we were able to get her help on time and she was not successful. She has battled depression and anxiety since puberty arrived and we all thought she was doing much better but I guess not…In a good sign, when she woke up the next day she stated that she was thankful she did not succeed.

Needless to say, my self control when out the window as we grappled with what could have been. I am so thankful that I am not planning a funeral this week. I could have stepped on the scale this morning, but I just could not go there. I am picking myself back up and starting over, where there is life there is hope. And I am grateful.

Hey @aglowworm: a word.
    Just because you didn’t live up to (your) expectations during April does NOT mean you should be reluctant to join us in May! Look at me….I fell off the wagon a long time ago and yet I still hang around in hope. I feel that you become like the people you spend most time with, so why not stick around with the many successful people on these challenges? Don’t be scared of failure, it’s only by failing that you learn, one day, to succeed. Please stay xx

@basyjames: Oh….I just read your post. How awful for you, such a terrible shock. Thank goodness your DD was saved and (importantly) she is grateful. Could this be a turning point for her, I do hope she (and you) get all the help and support you need. Words feel inadequate, you are in my thoughts and I wish you well xx

USA Day 29 FD
    Second Post

basyjames, I just read your post and my heart goes out to you and your family. Thank God it didn’t end in tragedy. You all are in my prayers!

Day 29, VA, USA, WFD

Over the weekend I went to a French Food festival – I learned some things about myself. I learned that I really don’t mind a 1/2 portion of an entree (especially if I want to save room for dessert) hello – homemade cream puffs, ummm yes! And that if I’m not really feeling like having a beer, then its ok – wait for the times that I DO feel like it. Yay.

@basyjames – oh my! My heart sends you strength and love.

@aglowworm – Yes, we have ALL been there, either with our weight, our job, our life and or family projects, home repairs gone awry. Life is allll about both success and failures. Even if the blasted scale did say a higher number, you pause and reassess what you need to do. This is how we get better. Think of it like practicing, some times when we practice even if we have gotten better at something, we can still have a crappy practice once in a while. So just practice again and eventually you’ll get back into the swing of things. You can do it!

@at – 7am “Broga” class is that a typo or is it like Bro-yoga mostly all dudes?

@michelinme – good job stopping. There were decadent jams at the French food fest – one was blueberry lavender. My SO was drooling over it, I slowly stepped stage right…. Out of site.

Pocket list Day 29
    @dykask WFD
    @gretta
    @snowflake56
    @stephsie
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @russetfox
    @betsylee
    @missybear
    @at
    @michelinme
    @ccco
    @rabbette

Day 29 – Ireland – FD

Long day today and tomorrow with early starts for hospital appointments and busy work schedule too but all good.
    FD today but finding it tricky… my body probably needs more fuel after the weekend… proper fuel not rubbish food though so I’ll see how I go later this evening…
    Only one more day! I doubt very much I’ll be on target but will weigh in Wednesday morning 👍

Happy belated birthday @gretta 🎈
    @debster251 – I hope your son is very happy down here! It’s so easy to trip down now on the M1 – makes such a difference. Sounds like you have some fab trips lined up over the next while! Enjoy!
    @michelinme, @matpi, @ccco, @betsylee and all those feeling unwell or wiped right now I hope that you feel better soon.
    @stephsie and @annemarilyn I’m sad to hear what you’ve been through … Sending you hugs 🤗
    @snowflake56 I can assist with your new book if you’d like 🤣😂
    @aglowworm – as my dear mum would always say: if you’re not in.. you can’t win🤗 so come on, come on…. join us in May… new beginnings are always great!! I’ve fallen too … so many times but it’s the getting back up that matters 💕

@basyjames my heart goes out to you at this terribly difficult time… thank god you were able to help your daughter in time… look after yourselves and see you whenever you feel up to coming back… we’ll all be here👍

Pocket list Day 29
    @dykask WFD
    @gretta
    @snowflake56
    @stephsie
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @russetfox
    @betsylee
    @missybear
    @at
    @michelinme
    @ccco
    @rabbette
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 29 – Manchester, England – (unexpected) FD!

@ciren2 @rabbette @jaifaim Thank you so much everyone for your kind words. You’ve made me feel so much better about my crappy month. And thanks for encouraging me to continue with the May challenge. Your words have really spurred me on 💜

Somehow, for some strange reason, I am, so far, having a successful and completely unplanned FD today. I just felt like it earlier and so decided to do it! Hopefully this means that I am somewhat out of my funk, for now at least. I will go with the flow and see what happens.

@jaifaim – I see you’re looking after us in May. Thanks so much for doing that. I promise I’ll try to be a better faster next month! 😝

@basyjames – I’m so, so sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope that she can get the help she needs and that things improve for you all.

Day 29 London UK FD800

My Fast Day was planned for tomorrow, but when I stepped on the scales … not just water, as the fat percentage had also crept up. In fact the FD has been pretty easy today, apart from one period of mad chocolate craving. That went when I ate some teeny tiny chocolate crumbs; it seems my brain really did just want the taste of chocolate.

But I don’t get why my weight only seems to stay stable for two days after a Fast Day, and then starts to creep up again. As far as I can work out, I’m staying under my TDEE.

@aglowworm. Let’s celebrate unplanned fast days! May they always be successful. 🙂

@basyjames That’s awful news, though I’m very thankful that it wasn’t as awful as it could have been. I hope you and your DD get the help and support you need.

Day 29 – Eastern WA USA – WFD

Had a good healthy eating day yesterday and ate enough healthy fats so that today is going well as a WFD. I sure enjoyed a cup of the Celestial Season’s Bengal Spice tea a bit ago (not sure if someone here recommended it). It’s nice to have an assortment of 0 calorie beverages at the ready on FDs; am trying to not include even stevia just in case it spikes the insulin.

@daffodil2010 – I’d say you had a good team working day (including the meal making) with your hubby; even if you didn’t quite accomplish the putting together of the one item 🙂

@shinything – dealing with vascular dementia with your mom is rough. We also deal with that with my mother. It wasn’t until recently that a doctor actually gave a label to it. One thing that’s been encouraging recently, was listening to a Dr. who works in the zone in California, where people live longer and in a healthier fashion than most places in the world. He listed different ways to help or improve the mind… one he said was not Suduko. The best thing he said was interaction / engagement with others. I live a fair distance from my folks but my brother has done a wonderful job of trying to engage Mom in different ways plus encouraging my dad to do so. On my Easter visit, I saw some definite improvements in her being present, instead of being off in her own world. A couple of other things included: calling out another brother’s name when she saw him (made his day), which she hadn’t done for months; knowing where she was when she came over to my brother and sister-in-law’s place and at another time, when I gave her a choice of food she’d like to eat at lunch (farmer sausage soup or manicotti), after a pause for processing she said manicotti. She ate the whole meal basically unassisted. Sorry for so much detail. I thought it might encourage you.

@basyjames – so sorry to hear of the scare with your daughter. I do pray for wisdom for her and you as you step forward.

Pocket list Day 29
    @dykask WFD
    @gretta
    @snowflake56
    @stephsie
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @russetfox
    @betsylee
    @missybear
    @at
    @michelinme
    @ccco
    @rabbette
    @jaifaim
    @therealwil78
    @basyjames
    @aglowworm
    @annemarilyn

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 741 total)

You must be logged in to reply.