APRIL 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
APRIL 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

This topic contains 1,170 replies, has 81 voices, and was last updated by  AnneMarilyn 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,171 total)

• Hola… .. beautiful day here on the Costa Blanca..
    Try again eh ?,,, Cauliflower hasn’t mant calories … but cheese has.. but you can do it !

2nd post

Amendment. Yesterday’s FD was 742 cals not 616. I just opened the bin and spotted the empty bag of root vegetable crisps I finished off.

Day 5, Cornwall UK, FD

Second day of my Back2Back (B2B) fasts, as I am trying to fit in 2 fast days this week. Yesterday went well – hope to succeed with another today. I have a cold and did consider feeling sorry for myself and not fasting but that would be FAILURE so why plan to fail?! Your quote helped @strawberriesand cream!

It is a totally amazing day today and I’m going to speed through my work so I can spend time in the sun and give the dog a good long run on Carne Beach at low tide later. She runs and runs and just loves it. Makes me want to follow her! Maybe in the summer – I am thinking of trying a bit of running once I hit the 70kgs – there’s a lovely 5k park run I could try. But i need some confidence to hit the local lanes and start to build up to it. 🐕🌞

Plank post:

April 2018 Planks
    Day 3: 2:30
    Day 4: 3:04 + 2:10 = 5:14
    Day 5: 3:20

Right now my front is burning and my back is a little sore.

Day 5, Finland, FD

Good morning! Trying a FD at home today, always an extra challenge. Trying to keep busy, cleaning out my cupboards of too small clothes…will just have to buy new ones when I need them.

Still on track with planks…

Starting pocket list for today, just add your name to the list if today is a FD.

@kerryn73

Have a great day everyone.

Day 5 UK
    3rd B2B2B FD

Managed full 25 hour fast yesterday and felt fine. Going for the same today, hopefully. Scales are down 1Kg, 2.2 pounds after 2 FD. Possibly some water loss, but I’ll take it!
    Sticking to my pledge to check in every day as it’s the best way for me to stay on track. So thanks to everyone for all the stories and info. Definately keeps the wheels on that wagon and me firmly seated on it!

Day 5 – UK – Reading – FD

A successful FD yesterday – finally! Trying for one last one today and then that’s it for the week. It’s a beautiful sunny day here in the Royal County – maybe spring is here at last?

And what’s the deal with planks? Seeing how long we can hold a single plank? Or planking everyday? Or both?

Adding myself to the pocket list:
    @kerryn73
    @cornish-jane
    @ktcaroline

Day 5, Leeds UK, NFD

Finally Sunshine, feeling positive. But never know with UK weather lol.
    Have a good day everyone.

Day 5, London, UK, FD (3rd of B2B2B)

Mornin’ all!!! Feeling fantastic this morning because for the 1st time in a while I’ve ‘correctly’ completed (so far) 2 FDs in a row. Both below 500cals means a lot to me because the excuses were creeping in (I hear ya’ @lilymartin), and I was often ending the day nearer 600 or even 800, which for me, in MY head, isn’t a FD. I’ve achieved easy 500cal FDs in the past so anything over always seems like cheating although I became pretty good at justifying it!!!!
    I’m hoping the mojo sticks around for a while!!!

@mjrbcd44, I hope you had a fab time away, welcome back, I couldn’t resist weighing straight after my holiday so I knew what I would be working with for April……………………. An extra 5lbs!!!

Welcome @megs99, nothing wrong with being a lurker to the challenges!!! I didn’t officially join until Feb ’17 having been a secret challenger for a couple of months. Glad that you’re with us, I’m sure you know how this works so jump right in!!!!

Welcome @shimmera – CDs were coined on these monthly challenges as some NFDs can get a little out of hand maybe above TDEE or just made up entirely of cake!!! But for us a CD is a NFD below or at TDEE (as it should be) made up of healthy nutritious foods……………………. We could all do 5:2 and just consume cake on our NFDs, but that wouldn’t be particularly controlled ……………… or helpful!!!! We’re always developing ideas within this supportive community that help us enjoy this WOL and help those struggling with remaining too strict, to actually achieve what we all want …………….…. The end result is what counts!!!

@penz & @daffodil2010 ………… hold tight we’re nearly there!!! Soup and bone broth at the ready to finish of this B2B2B (Back to Back to Back FDs – for the newbies!) at a sprint!!!

Well I must actually do some work since I’m here!!!

Happy fasting folks!!

2nd post

@annypany if I had to pig out on anything on a fast day then cauliflower soup wasn’t such a bad choice!!
    Adding myself to the FD pocket list
    @kerryn73
    @cornish-jane
    @ktcaroline
    @dingping
    Ta x

Day 5 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

What I love about 5:2 is the flexibility it allows, many of us have different food preferences and beliefs and they can all be fitted into 5:2 to give the same result of weight loss and improved health.

Wishing a successful Thursday FD to my fellow picket lusters 😉

Day 5 Newcastle UK FD 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
    Adding myself to the FD pocket list
    @kerryn73
    @cornish-jane
    @ktcaroline
    @dingping
    Ta x
    @stevetoontaxidriver.

Day 5, Amsterdam (but in London) NFD

Today has been completely blown. I woke up with a terrible hangover after seeing an old friend last night and enjoying a bit too much of the old white wine – woops. I am travelling (again) to Edinburgh this evening and I just can’t get through the (WFH) day on this hangover without food… Oh well. Next week I will be better!

Good luck to everyone else. I am bowing out, will make up for it with 3 FDs next week I think, and will attempt a good CD today instead…

Day 5 – Iceland – FD

I was up 1 kg after two Easter NFDs and although I had a good FD on Tuesday the scales didn’t budge… I am aiming for a good LFD today, hopefully it does the trick 🙂

@at – thank you for your lovely Easter greeting! Have a great holiday!
    @michelinme – your Devon holiday plan sounds wonderful!
    A warm welcome to all our new members!

Adding myself to the pocket list, good luck all!
    @kerryn73
    @cornish-jane
    @ktcaroline
    @dingping
    @stevetoontaxidriver
    @borealis

Day 5, UK, FD

Finally some sunshine! It feels easier doing FD in the nice weather somehow 😀
    So far my FD is going well, but I never have problems with my FDs, I tend to struggle and go over my TDEE on my NFDs, something to work on.

Welcome @shimmera and @sophia235 good to have you with us 🙂 . The OP of this thread has some useful info about 5:2 and also about acronyms we use.

@Strawberriesandcream you made me giggle, I didn’t realise we have acronym for our Tortoise Club (TC) as well 😂 ,and I laughed so hard when I read your second post about the discovery on opening the bin 😂

@flourbaby well done on ‘correctly’ completing 2 FDs, way to go!

@catch87 hope your hangover gets better, there is always next day/week to make it up, thats whats really good about 5:2 🙂

I added everyone so far fasting today to our list, hope I haven’t missed out anyone.

Pocket list for today:

@kerryn73
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @fatrabbit
    @Strawberriesandcream
    @dingping
    @annypanny
    @mia139
    @ktcaroline
    @flourbaby
    @missybear
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @borealis
    @shinything

Stay strong everyone 🤗

Day 5 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD

Yesterday I broke my 66hr fast at noon and keep the rest of my day at 1000 calories. Today I am fasting until tomorrow at noon. I will water fast until dinner then I will eat less that 300 calories. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are my CNFD’s, keeping my calories at my TDEE goal weight, which I think I will hit on Friday morning at weigh in. Feeling lighter and brighter than ever.

Adding myself to the pocket list@kerryn73
    @cornish-jane
    @ktcaroline
    @dingping
    @stevetoontaxidriver
    @borealis
    @diana123

The best preparation for tomorrow is to be your best today. Have a great Thursday everyone.

Pocket list for today:
    @kerryn73
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @fatrabbit
    @strawberriesandcream
    @dingping
    @annypanny
    @mia139
    @ktcaroline
    @flourbaby
    @missybear
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @borealis
    @shinything
    @diana123

Stay strong everyone 🤗

Day 5 USA (Illinois) FD

I’m going to make a FD today although I hadn’t exactly planned it.

@kerryn73 – I often do FD’s while staying at home. Cleaning out closets and drawers is a good thing on a FD. I also try to put in a 10-15 minute power walk on a FD – that seems to be just enough exercise I can manage without any food, and very good for the metabolism. It’s very cold here today, though, so not sure I will get it in.

Onward and downward.

Day 5 – UK – NFD

Welcome to this inspirational group @shimmera, @sophia235 and @megs99 – good luck!

Excellent day yesterday – managed to last through the day without eating and then had fish and vegetables for my 500cal in the evening…

Well rewarded with a huge wooosh this morning 3.6lbs loss!

A beautiful day here in the north-west so been for a walk with spectacular views over towards the Lake District with its snow capped peaks – we are so blessed.

Have a good day everyone!

Day 5 – USA – NFD

Successful FD yesterday, 435 cals. – almost blew it around 8pm, but found an alternative (beef broth). This a.m. I was down 2 lbs.; still losing inches, and about 10 lbs. away from goal, but I’m watching closely as I’m beginning to see my age in my face (64) and I don’t like it! I may opt to change goal weight to 155 instead of 150. I started exercising in earnest this week, which may tone the jiggly parts.

@Strawberriesandcream, I’m holding hands with you on our 5 dry and I’m proud of your success yesterday! @shimmera and Sophia235, welcome! @cornish-jane, are you sure you want to beat yourself up for not doing a FD when you have a cold? It’s been discussed here that it may be a day to rest your body and drink fluids instead of fasting. @diana123, way to go!!

Hi. Adding myself to today’s picket list.
    @kerryn73
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @fatrabbit
    @Strawberriesandcream
    @dingping
    @annypanny
    @mia139
    @ktcaroline
    @flourbaby
    @missybear
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @borealis
    @shinything
    @emma-taylor.

Have a good day all. It’s very beautiful in London today.

Or pocket lust. One or the other.

Day 5 – Dubai – NFD

So far so good although I do hear some buttercream icing calling my name – two FDs under my belt and I’m staying off the scales until next week. Thanks for the welcome @bert1802, I love your posts, they’re so descriptive and funny – I love that you name your cravings Matilda. Hilarious.

“Three months from now, you’ll thank yourself.”

Hi everyone!
    Adding myself to the FD pocket list!
    Aiming for 500-600 cals today, as this is my first week and my last FD with 480cals two days ago was pretty rough, especially the night and morning afterwards. But then again, I’m feeling good and optimistic so maybe I’ll stick to 500 anyways. We’ll see, I’ll give an update tomorrow!

Some more questions coming your way, hope you guys don’t mind…

I see some people doing B2B2B fasts?? Do you fast for 3 whole days? Or have 3 consecutive FD’s with 500 cals? HOW?? Isn’t that tough?

I have a CrossFit class tomorrow at 10am… What are your tips to not feel absolutely depleted because today is a FD? I thought I’d break my fast around 9am with a good protein-stuffed breakfast?

Updated pocket list for FD:
    @kerryn73
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @fatrabbit
    @strawberriesandcream
    @dingping
    @annypanny
    @mia139
    @ktcaroline
    @flourbaby
    @missybear
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @borealis
    @shinything
    @emma-taylor
    @fitalora

Sorry I forgot to start with;

Day 5 – Netherlands – FD 😉

Day 5, Cornwall UK, FD

@fitalora – there are people here who prefer to exercise in the ‘fasted state’ so don’t be scared of trying it. I do 2hrs of hard yoga the morning after a fast on no breakfast and i do better if i don’t eat. Maybe try it sometime once you have settled into your fasting regime? I personally think you don’t need a big breakfast before exercising but we are all different so do what feels best!

2nd post

Hi @fitalora – others may have alternative answers to your questions…

I started 5:2 in November and for the first few weeks found it tough too. However, it is surprising how quickly you get used to ‘real’ hunger – I have tried B2B (500cal days) but I would suggest getting used to this WOL first. Baby steps! I was so encouraged that I was losing weight that I wanted to ‘do it all’ straight away!

On the question of exercise…. I found that if I was doing slow and steady (jog, cycle, walk) then it didn’t make any difference where I was on my 5:2 cycle. However, I did struggle to do any type of anaerobic exercise off a fast day – very out of breath and dizzy – so now I only do HIIT etc after a NFD. I’m certainly no expert but if your class is at 10 I would eat at about 8 and include protein but some low GI carbs too. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Day 5, Gozo Malta, nfd

I made a lasagna today and had a piece together with three coffees with milk and honey,

Looking forward to a glass or two of red wine tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.

Day 5-USA-FD

Trying to get myself motivated to finish up our taxes, yuck. Here in the US they’re due in about 10 days. I hate bookkeeping and paper work, I always put it off as long as possible. But it’s a beautiful day here in the mountains of Colorado (where everyday is a beautiful day!) so once I finish the taxes I’ll reward myself, not with food or wine 🍷, but with a drive to some of my favorite spots looking for wildlife. I’m an avid amateur wildlife photographer now that I’m lucky to live in an area where I see wildlife everyday.

Hoping for beautiful day for everyone!

A little sore from the Plank Challenge, but that’s a good thing, I guess.

Adding myself to the pocket list for today
    @kerryn73
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @fatrabbit
    @strawberriesandcream
    @dingping
    @annypanny
    @mia139
    @ktcaroline
    @flourbaby
    @missybear
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @borealis
    @shinything
    @emma-taylor
    @fitalora
    @hyacinth

Day 5- Atlanta,GA – FD

Yesterday was also a fast day, had water all day and had little over 500 calories for Dinner, Did 30 minutes of running and 30 minutes of walking and today i’m fasting again as i skipped the Monday fast due to spring break.

Adding myself to the pocket list for today
    @kerryn73
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @fatrabbit
    @strawberriesandcream
    @dingping
    @annypanny
    @mia139
    @ktcaroline
    @flourbaby
    @missybear
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @borealis
    @shinything
    @emma-taylor
    @fitalora
    @hyacinth
    @mishty

Hi,

Started yesterday with a FD and doing NFD today. I have an awful lot to lose so will be a long journey. The FD was n’t too bad actually, maybe because I wasn’t at work but it is actually easier than this NFD.

Day 5, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Day 5, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Day 5, FD, USA

Wow, I’m on day 3 of B2B2B and it has been a lot easier than I thought. I might make this a more regular thang! You were right, FlourBaby, it’s been a breeze. As I’ve mentioned I usually do liquid only FDs and so, to pat myself on the back, last night I very mindfully had a SMALL spoon of peanut butter as a reward for doing so well. I definitely found day 2 easier to get through than day 1, and I’m quite busy today, so day 3 is just breezing by. I’m out to the movies tonight – far from the kitchen. At this rate, I’ll keep going until dinner Friday night.

Day 5: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    I’m planning to do the 2nd FD of this week tomorrow. Success, touch wood.@Penz how DO you do it?! I admire you…

Day 5: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Tomorrow, hopefully, fast-day.

Day 5 – SW WA USA – NFD (in SW British Columbia)

Still on spring break & now with some of my Canadian family. Food will be part of this celebration time. Reconciliation with a brother is still fairly recent so still cause for celebration.

Have recently read again about the role of water in fasting. It reminds me that I need to increase my water to coffee ratio.

Off to pick up a brother.

Together we are stronger!

2nd post

thank you @shinything for adding me to today’s pocket list.

Day 5 UK NFD

So far today I have managed to eat pretty well. Second fast day tomorrow, which I have mixed emotions about. But I know I can do it.

2nd post

Welcome @mrsbw and @melmoo (saw you on spread sheet) , you are in the right place, we are here to support each other and we are here for a long run, as this is a WOL 🙂 . All names are now in alphabetical order on the spread sheet. You can find some useful info in the OP of this thread 🙂

As expected 😂 our list has gone awry again, with few names missing, and few people didn’t add their name, so here is a full list:

@kerryn73
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @fatrabbit
    @Strawberriesandcream
    @dingping
    @annypanny
    @mia139
    @ktcaroline
    @flourbaby
    @missybear
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @borealis
    @shinything
    @diana123
    @songbirdme
    @EmmaTaylor
    @fitalora
    @cornish-jane
    @hyacinth
    @mishty
    @redrockgirl302
    @penz

I hope I didn’t miss anyone.

Have a good day/evening everyone 🙂

ccco USA Day 5 FD

Just checking in!

Day 6…NSW Australia…NFD
    7.47 am Friday
    Hi everyone. Just checking in.
    Love reading all your posts.
    Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

ccco USA Day 5 FD

Sorry, guys, but I tried to write a number of emails earlier but was denied access. Finally, I am here. I want to welcome everyone new to our WOL! 🙂 I write new emails tomorrow! Hope everyone had a great day! My FD is going well. I think my best fast times are from 2 p.m. to 2 p.m. the next day. I find that time frame the easiest so I will continue to work with that! Take care!

Day 5, Surrey (UK), FD, fast fitness day (FFD)

I’ve committed myself to a new exercise regime, based on Dr MM’s Fast Exercise book. From now on, I’ll include a note of exercises completed in my posts, to keep myself accountable. Today’s FFD was a jog in the woods interspersed with 5x fast runs at a rate of perceived exertion (RPE) of 8. I’ll be posting more about this on my Fatfingers thread.

A bit late in the day in the UK, but adding myself to today’s pocket list:

@kerryn73
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @fatrabbit
    @strawberriesandcream
    @dingping
    @annypanny
    @mia139
    @ktcaroline
    @flourbaby
    @missybear
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @borealis
    @shinything
    @diana123
    @songbirdme
    @EmmaTaylor
    @fitalora
    @cornish-jane
    @hyacinth
    @mishty
    @redrockgirl302
    @penz
    @fatfingers

Day 5 UK FD

Quick check in from holiday, where today I actually sat on a beach for an hour in sunshine – Spring is springing!

Achy stiff and tired but also enjoyed yoga and long meditation today, plus reading, writing,and chatting with my lovely host. Chuffed to achieve a holiday FD! No scales to weigh me or food, but eating lots of apples and my weight in vegetables, no carbs in the house!

Welcome to our newbies! Do read the first post in the challenge, and maybe the 5:2 FAQ thread – they answer many of the questions we all have when starting out.

Day 6 – Japan – FD (#22 in 2018) @ 81.6kg

Weight swinging up but now I’m fasting it down. I think I’m making some progress against the belly fat. My belly button is now a belly frown.

As for the planking challenge I didn’t see any other posts. Were you all just tricking me into the painful planking?

@ktcaroline there is a challenge on planking to try and work yourself up to 5 minutes in one plank.

Dykask! The planking challenge is still on. I think some people had trouble getting to post today. I was getting a message when I tried to post that I was being blocked. I contacted the website and they finally told me they were having a glitz with all our posts going into their spam folder but all is well now. Try again later when the UK and USA wake up in the morning and we’ll be back! LOL

Day 5 – Washington DC US – FD

Today was a good one! I made it through at 384 calories! It was too busy around here for me to even try to eat more than that. That’s the reason I chose Thursdays for fasting, or maybe they chose me 😉

I’ve now lost the Easter weight, so I’m encouraged. Now, I need to get to work on the extra weight I had before Easter! Thanks for the warm welcome and the support. It really does help.

Day 6: Gloucestershire, UK: FD
    Ready to go to work, delivering the mail. I am hoping this second fast day will be a better one than the first (which was only ok..ish)
    Shall I start today’s list? Fantastic @penz, @flourbaby and all others who can do days in a row.

@ciren2

Day 5 Ireland NFD
    I had problems logging in yesterday so no post as lost it when I hit submit. Was then prompted for my email details to login but figured the logon prompt looked suspect so closed out.

Day 6 Ireland CD

Wishing you all a good weekend!

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,171 total)

You must be logged in to reply.