APRIL 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
APRIL 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

This topic contains 1,170 replies, has 81 voices, and was last updated by  AnneMarilyn 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 801 through 850 (of 1,171 total)

• Day 19……Florida…..FD

My FD yesterday turned into a NFD, as I need a break from work, so instead of eating lunch at work, I went out. Then the hubby made a very good dinner that was to go to eat in such a small amount.

Breakfast is actually when we break our fast aka our nightly slumber. For the bigger picture we all technically eat break fast….. it just is not a traditional morning breakfast…….see that word play there…..lol
    Traditional eaters will eat with in one hour of waking, hardcore dieters will start planning there 20plus meals for the day and eat something with in their calorie range and then you have us…..who get up grab some fluids, start our days and accomplish more in those breakfast hours than most.
    By the time most reach mid afternoon, they are getting ready to sit down for there afternoon meal, most have snacked on something before hand, hardcore dieters are on there 4th meal of the day and we are now finally eating breakfast.
    One to two more snacks for traditional eaters then dinner, hardcore, on the 8th and then us only our 2nd meal.
    Now, everyone is headed for their nightly fast, but not for those traditionals and hardcore… they’re eating again……
    Now, here is my big ending and point…… while most have built their days around eating, we have built our days around being healthy and being in the moment getting life accomplished. While most our bogged down from all that eating, we are feeling light, healthy and still have plenty of energy to go around.
    I think it comes down to what you want to accomplish during your day and it’s all determined by when you decide to eat a morning breakfast or eat your breakfast at the time you break your fast.
    There no right or wrong in this WOL, it’s all up to you and what you need. Remember this is not a one size fits all lifestyle, it one that tailored just for you, just for your life style.

Okay that was my pep talk for the morning as usual late but the point is there….

Your riding a horse at full speed, a giraffe is next to you and a lion is chasing you
    What do you do?
    You get your drunk ass off the carousel!

Day 19, Virginia USA, CD

My post disappeared so I hope this isn’t a double post. Good morning! Thank you for the good wishes! A 2.5 pound whoosh this morning on the scale after much 1 lb. up and downs. Yay! Yesterday was a water fast day, but I was unusually hungry so I allowed myself some heavy cream in my coffee, and a small handful of pork rinds in the afternoon. A full day spent gardening really helped and the sunshine was wonderful.

Yet another reason I love this WOE…our food bills must be significantly lower. Before I started, I’d be at the grocery pretty much every day, plus stops at the neighborhood mart for candy bars and soda. Sugar had me completely in its clutches. The most remarkable thing about this WOE is that it is the first thing that has ever worked for me, and it is apparently effective for more and more people. One can understand the pushback on 5:2/ADF type eating. I wonder how it would effect the economy if everyone stopped buying and eating so much junk and stopped needing to take so many medications.

@EmmaTaylor, a very thoughtful post, thank you for sharing that. 🙂
    @missybear, Good luck! You have this! 🙂
    @flourbaby, Congratulations on getting past that plateau! 🙂

Have a great day everyone!

Day 19 – Dubai – NFD

@diana123 – wow, congratulations, well done. Congratulations also to @arelkade – what a great feeling. Hope you had a successful FD @dingping. Thanks for the pep talk @bert1802, I’m going out for dinner tonight and will keep this WOL in mind.

Went overboard with oatcakes the other day, 1 turned into 10 – a friend said if you’re going to go overboard don’t do it with oatcakes! Good advice.

“Three months from now, you’ll thank yourself.”

2nd post

@emmataylor – I often wonder how I’m going to feel when my mum passes away, there is a bit of me that thinks it will be a relief, but guilt stops me exploring that thought. It is very sad and sad for her as often I think she thinks the world is very confusing and against her. Today she would most likely be assessed as being on the autistic spectrum.

@stoic – yes thanks, very pleased, had a successful FD yesterday and going for another today, need to get back in the groove!
    Oatcakes – I’m with your friend but also been there!

Day 19 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD

@bert1802 thanks for summing up this wonderful WOL. @stoic thank you it feels wonderful and my MOB dress fits like a glove, getting excited for my daughters wedding at the end of May. She is marring the Dean of the Episcopal Cathedral in her small town, the wedding is at the Cathedral which was founded in 1891 and is absolutely beautiful.

The best preparation for tomorrow is to be your best today. Happy Thursday everyone, enjoy your day.

Day 4 of water ( and one cup of black coffee) fast

I am still waiting on that burst of energy because so far I have not seen it yet! The cold weather is not helping either grrr. However, to be honest, I am not hungry just slower than usual. I went to the gym this morning and had to take it slow, I was able to complete a 25 minute cardio session on the stationary bike but could not push myself like I usually do, and I was only able to handle 4 sets @ 10 reps of free weights. Even that felt too much, I felt the bile rise up a couple times. I felt much better after hydrating.

Now the numbers: So far 5 pounds lost, and down to 28.1% body fat.
    I was reading a Jeff Probst (survivor host)interview and he said he works out and eats the way he does every day, even when he’s on location because it’s easier to maintain his current physique than to start over. I so agree with him!!!

I realize I am using this forum as a diary, hope that is ok. It helps me stay focused and feel like I am part of a bigger group not just doing this by myself.

Day 19 USA (Illinois) NFD

Had quite a good FD yesterday. Probably had too large a serving of 7-layer salad (I love mayonnaise…) so likely more like 600 calories on the day. Still at maintenance.

Our local Silver Sneakers teacher has started a yoga-for-seniors class that I went to yesterday right before normal SS Class.. Now I am getting a mat of my own at the recommendation of #4 kid who teaches Core-Power Yoga in Texas. It was interesting doing 2 classes on a FD yesterday.

Congratulations to all who are moving down the scale.

@diana123 – your daughter’s wedding sounds glorious! Our #3 kid is marrying in Utah July 21, but just recently decided on that date. Hence, I am starting to look at MOB dresses myself. Hers will be a garden setting, 7 p.m., so I’ve decided a jacket dress is what I want. Utah does cool down in the evening!

Onward and downward.

Day 19, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Thanks merryapple.

Keeping to sensible eating even though I just had three small squares of chocolate.

Have a great Thursday everyone. Onwards and downwards, stay strong.

Day 19, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Yesterday was a bit of a blow out. Scales tell me about it this morning. Hope I got it out of my system and can do a modified FD. I am struggling with the same 3 pounds for a while now.

Have a good Thursday everyone! 🥀🥀🥀

Day 19 UK NFD

Today has been a complete blow out. The baby has had me up since 12am & I have pretty much eaten everything I can get my hands on. Feeling tired, miserable & bloated. At least it’s a fast day tomorrow. Hopefully I haven’t done too much damage after being so good all week. 🤞

Day 19 – USA – NFD

Good FD yesterday, 499 cals. and finally got my whoosh, down to 158! Congrats to all you who are determined and fighting dragons!

Day 19, Virginia USA, CD

Good morning! My post disappeared so I’ll try it again. My fast day kicked me past the pound up/down thing, and I’m down 2.5 pounds this morning. Congratulations to everyone for sticking with this WOE. Not every day has to show a loss and we don’t have to demand perfection of ourselves. We’re trying things, we win a few, we lose a few, but we keep moving toward our dreams. That’s the important thing. 🙂

@basyjames, your post reminded me of an interview with Jamie Foxx many years ago in Men’s Health so I went to look up the quote. He said, “Whether it has to do with career, relationships, fitness, or any other area of your life, every gain you make must be assimilated and no longer thought of as a gain, but as part of your larger life. That way you won’t regress and have to retrace your steps to return to your current level.”

“I’m very disciplined,” says Foxx. “I don’t ever want to have to take 6 weeks, 6 months, or 6 years to get back to where I should be in the first place. So get to where you need to be, and then maintain. After that, here’s the key: get used to it. Make it a part of you. Make it so you’re not aware you’re being disciplined, you’re just living.”

I didn’t take his advice back then, but it did make an impression. I know I’ll never be perfect, and my body will take its sweet time with this, but I’m really tired of back-sliding and disappointing myself. It’s too early to tell, but I think maybe I’m through. Been there, done that, moving on. 🙂

He also said in the interview, “Consistent success doesn’t happen in a straight upward trajectory, and realizing this will teach you patience to endure the times when nothing seems to be happening. It will also teach you to make better choices in the first place. It’s all waves, it’ll be good for a while, then things will mellow out. Then we’ll catch another wave.” He wasn’t talking specifically about dieting, but it does seem to apply.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Day 19 UK FD

Managed to keep yesterday’s potential feast at a CD, despite being out for lunch and tea with a wonderful friend. Helped by remembering to weigh in the morning and the suspicion of a small loss to come on Friday. The promise of hitting lows I’ve not seen in around 12 years is pretty good motivation for both yesterday and today.

It’s HOT here! I took my remote thermometer to the suntrap outside my front door and it malfunctioned at 40C – no wonder my sheets dried in an hour, and the coconut shell feeders have melted into wormy puddles on the ground. Moved so speedily from a balmy bluster to scorching hot – I’ve been applying factor 50 and hiding indoors when I can. But much easier FD when hot – it’s now 5pm and I’ve only had an apple plus 2.5 litres of water today, with a hot vegemite cooling alongside me now.

So delighted I decided to stay home next week and catch up with project work, home & health appts plus plenty of self-care, reading and writing. It suddenly feels like a gift I’ve given myself to stay still and really be where I am. Looking forward to sleep, pottering in the garden, planning ahead and actually writing some stuff down at last!

One of my friends has started 5:2 this week – she fasted some years ago and lost weight that’s now crept back. Watching me shrink before her eyes has been sufficient motivation to get back on the waggon despite stressful times so today we are both fasting. Wonderful to share learning and successes!

Congratulations to all who are finding new lows, here’s a hand to all who need help to get on/stay on the waggon. We’re all so much stronger together.

Day 19 A very NFD, Northamptonshire

Sitting basking in a 28 degree suntrap with a side of chocolate cake. Sunshine is so good for our wellbeing. Last night we went to a street food restaurant then went to see Bill Bailey, which was fantastic. Lots of laughs, which are good for the soul. Monday will be a reset day.

Welcome back @lindasue and congratulations on your continued maintenance. Great post and I totally concur with your body shape/weight comments. I am 5’6”, 149 lbs, BMI of 24 and if it wasn’t for my waist size I’d be in maintenance too. Numbers don’t matter at all really.
    @cornish-jane it’s hard to unset all those bad habits of a lifetime. That’s why I’m happy being a tortoise. Slow and steady gets there.
    @delayedgratification since starting this WOL I have cut breakfast altogether. I eat brunch at around 12 and then my evening meal. It works for me!
    @dingping – maintaining a healthy relationship with our mothers can be a rocky road. Now my mother is no longer with us, I look back with sadness and realise how much her negativity clouded her ability to see all those around her who worked hard for her well being. All the more reason to make sure that I don’t end up down the same road. Part of me does miss her a bit though.
    @diana123 what a day you’ll have!
    @onlyhermes – what a great quote. Thank you!

Feeling nostalgic at the moment. It’s funny, despite having lived outside England for 40 odd years, when I’m here I still feel homesick for that ‘Englishness’ that is missing in my daily routine. The feeling goes away when I return home. I guess our roots are always with us.

Have a good day everyone

Day 19 – SW WA USA – FD

Bounced up 2.5 lbs after yesterday’s NFD. I thought I was moderate in choices but… Hoping FD undoes that.

@daffodil2010 – joining you in a LFD also hopefully.
    @rainbowsmile – your biscuits, biscuits… made me smile
    @flourbaby – you’ve really taken charge & are having wonderful results in this April! Congrats!
    @basyjames – if you’re dragging, maybe you need some sodium – perhaps some broth or bullion
    @metatauta – hooray for your woosh & getting below 160!
    @onlyhermes & @basyjames – thanks for encouragement from Foxx. Some wisdom there.

Pocket list Day 19, if you want to join,please copy and paste and add your name to the list.

@snowflake56 2nd of B2B2B
    @merryapple
    @annemarilyn

Many more are fasting @snowflake but perhaps don’t have time to add their names. We’re in this together whether on the list or not 🙂

ccco USA Day 19 FD

On a water fast! Won’t be eating until breakfast on Saturday. Hope I get a whoosh because after two B2B water fast days, I lost nothing. I was disappointed but at least I didn’t gain anything either! Hope everyone is doing well! 🙂

Day 19 UK CD

Having a very controlled day after 3 fast days back to back. Feeling fine and seem to have got a good grip of fasting this week. Out for dinner tomorrow night so hopefully the fasting this week will cancel out any transgressions! Plan to stay very controlled again tomorrow.

Day 19, LFD, full-on day in the garden – counts as exercise!
    Day 18, NFD, limited exercise
    Day 17, NFD, Fast Fitness and Fast Strength day session in the gym

First time trying a proper liquids-only fast day today, apart from an orange I ate at teatime. I felt the need to up the ante, as the bouncy scales showed me back in 12 stone (168lb) territory again this morning. I thought I’d broken the 12 stone barrier last week but….aaarrrrggghhhh!! Rescue me from plateau-land please!

A good solid day’s work in the garden has lifted my spirits, anyway, in more ways than one. It’s good to enjoy a feeling of accomplishment. It’s doubly good to enjoy the warm sunshine on my skin and the buzzing bees and scent of spring.

Enjoy this beautiful weather while it lasts, everyone!

2nd post

@annemarilyn thanks,it’s fine.I had @merryapple with me and I later saw @basyjames was doing her 4th water FD,I could never do that. Struggled already on my 2nd FD, let’s just see if I want to do my 3rd FD tomorrow, not very motivated at the moment. Going to finish my book: Welcome to Rosie Hopkins’ Sweet Shop of Dreams (perhaps not the best choice when fasting).

@dingping thanks for your encouragement. FD today. A bit harder to stay on track. Hubby still in hospital. Sitting with him made time go slow. Got home and ate some almonds. Thought that would be better then potato chips. 🤪. Going have dinner then go back to hospital. Looks like I only went over by 68 caories on my 500 FD today. So,I don’t feel to bad.

Still day 19 –

@snowflake56 – glad your FD is going okay. I look forward to getting more reading in when retired. June 18th is my last day of fulltime teaching in the public school. Moving & hopefully only something part-time next year at the Community College or University.

@kaywesterman – may your hubby get well soon! Hospitals are not a fun place. Good for you for doing as well as you are.

Day 20…NSW Australia…NFD

Hi everyone.
    Just checking in.

Thank you @stoic for your encouragement – much appreciated.

Not sure if I’ll have mobile coverage for next 10 days, so may be unable to post! Catch up when able.

Hope each of you enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

Day 19 – USA – NFD

@kaywesterman, sorry to hear you are going through such stress with your OH in the hospital. You are doing very well! Hope he recovers quickly!

Day 19
    @kaywestern well done for being so focussed during your hospital visits and getting through your FD. Hope your hubby is home soon.
    I on the other hand sabotaged mine two hours ago on oat and yoghurt bread (knew I shouldn’t have made it). How does it go… one slice led to…
    Now lying in bed feeling bloated and nasty, must remember this feeling, trouble is it takes my brain half an hour to catch up with my stomach and by then I’m stuffed. Must attempt conscious eating tomorrow and I think it’s back to cauliflower soup, if I’m going to binge at least I can’t do too much harm with that!
    Goodnight all x

Day 19, UK, FD

Very pleased with my FD today, only 415 kcal, its the lowest I’ve done 🙂

Not very pleased with being so busy with work all day and not having time to catch up on things.

I read through posts here but too late to reply so have to leave it for tomorrow.

Just must say that I loved that Jamie Foxx quote from his interview @onlyhermes, very wise man. Thank you.

Hope everyone is well 🤗

Day 20 – UK (In Australia for this whole challenge) – NFD
    Day 14 – 19 – NFD
    Day 13 – FD (800cals)
    Day 12 – Feast Day!!
    Day 11 – NFD

Been away travelling around Australia since I last briefly posted on Day 10 – 3 days in Echuca (near NSW/Vic border) visiting a friend from my nurse training days in Melbourne – so lovely to catch up with her and her family ❤️. Then flew to the Gold Coast for 4 days visiting a friend from my 5th form school days!!! First visit to that area and such a warm welcome by my old friend ❤️and her OH. Brilliant weather, lots of walking and visiting the main sites, now back in Melbourne with my sister for a couple of days!

During this month’s challenge I have been doing 16:8 days and have only managed 2 FDs but I have done several controlled days with a couple of Feast days too……….
    Day 2 – FD around 400cals
    Day 13 – FD around 800cals
    Weight this morning = 54kg still below my acceptable top weight of 55kg! happy with that in view of minimal fasting this month……..

Sorry I have not had time to contribute but will definitely keep you all in mind as Together We Are Stronger!

Day 20 – JAPAN – FD 81.0 kg (#26 in 2018)

Time to get the fasting party rolling!

My weight is a bit lower today. Maybe because blueberries and oatmeal filled me up and then at lunch I had a salad with beans which are also really filling. Last night I was at a party but I wasn’t too hungry.

I’ve been experimenting with foods and am finding more foods which are really filling. I’m not letting calories control my choices but the surprising thing is the most filling foods seem to be pretty low in calories to boot. A can of chickpeas for example only runs in at 290 calories for 240g. That is extremely filling. Even mixing in in a salad and adding some cheese gets one to only around 500 calories and it leaves me full for 5 or 6 hours.

I’m not vegan or even vegetarian, but I do find it interesting that the must filling foods tend to be vegan. Calorie density is low but the fiber and nutrients is high.

I’m also eating more nuts when I can buy them cheap enough. They are expensive in Japan. Still they seem to be basically free calories. While nuts are calorie dense, eating them doesn’t seem to have a negative impact on my weight. My gut bacteria must be just having a party with the nuts.

Day 20 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Successful LFD yesterday and a whoosh of 2lbs. This now brings me through the 130lb barrier and into (just) the 120’s!!!!! Yay 💃
    I am 4.5lbs away from ultimate goal of 8 stone land. I have not been there since the late 1990’s, so it’s going to be a buzz when I go back to the future 😆

What a glorious sunny day it was yesterday, and this
    morning is also a cracker. It was 33c on my glass covered patio (even with the roof sun blind down) when I got home last evening so doors had to be whooshed open. This meant all the bumble bees came into buzz about and visit my indoor plants. Lovely.

But I was so tired. On Wenesday I had felt a bit of irritating fuzz in my head and reckoned it was from the huge pollen count in the Glasshouse. Lazy year I took an antihistamine every day during the summer to help. So I took a non-drowsy antihistamine yesterday, and within a couple of hours I was SO TIRED. I could have lain down on a heap of compost and gone to sleep. So struggled through work in the heat, but at least it meant my LFD was no issue.

In bed, asleep, by 8.30pm. I won’t take manufactured antihistamines again. I read that a little salt on the tip of the tongue is a natural antihistamine so will try that. I can’t be like a zombie for the summer. Maybe it’s because my regime is so much cleaner now, with fasting and organic foods and anti-inflammatory foods…..my body did not like that tablet.

Ouch, it’s late and I wanted to comment on so many. Maybe later.
    Have a good Friday 🤗

Day 20 Newcastle UK NFD 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
    I took half a day off yesterday it was just too nice to be at work got a lot of jobs done in the garden.

Day 20, Cornwall UK, NFD

After a two-week illness blip I am now back on track.

Weekly weigh-in today and 1kg down, which is great but followed a 0.5kg gain last week. 1cm off my bum too but no movement on the muffin top waist. OH making nice complements, which is very kind of him as he stalled this week. But I think he is so close to his goal now that staying stable is a good thing. As he drinks beer, eats vegan cake, and loves peanut butter. Just shows these naughty-but-sort-of-healthy things can be eaten a bit without weight gain.

I’ve hit my big target for April now – as I am under 80kg at 79.8kg! Not been there for 20 years. Just got to keep going, as I have 9kgs to get to healthy weight and 15-17 kgs to get to ideal weight. It feels achievable now. It seemed like Mount Kilimanjaro when I started in July last year. Time is your friend in this game.

Onward and downward all you lovely people out there. @daffodil2010 I imagine you in your hot greenhouse grazing on microgreens! Hope you find a natural cure for hayfever – mine is much improved the last couple of years having reduced dairy and living on a hill with a sea breeze!

@fatrabbit – your rabbits must be frolicking in the grass now spring has arrived?

Day 20, Newcastle UK, CD

Another controlled NFD yesterday sees me back into 9 stoneland this morning by .7lb. This glorious weather allowed a full day in the garden, sorting out beds and clearing all OH’s tools out of my shed and into the garage – nearer the bin. I have to remind him he’s retired and really does not need to hoard the amount of tools he still has. He reluctantly agreed and had the first throw out of many to come.

My latest strategy to stay in control is to run down all the foodstuffs/ingredients in the house and shop daily if necessary. My dry 5 week is not going to plan (same old story) but alcohol has been minimal. However, yesterday’s weather warranted a single gin and tonic in the garden before preparing dinner.

Day 20 UK FD

Well yesterday’s blow out day was salvaged by a very successful 5k run & I’m feeling very proud of myself.😁

I slept really well last night and I am radiating positive vibes today. What a difference a day makes!

Planning on getting out for a big walk with the baby this morning then spend the rest of the day playing in the garden. I even purchased a skipping rope & hula hoop so I can play too… erm, I mean exercise in the sun 😉

I am sharing the positive vibes and spreading the love. Have an awesome day everyone.

Day 20, London, UK, NFD

Today is the 1st of 4 NFDs in a row and I’m out this evening for a wine free Italian meal!!! I’m not sure what will appeal on the menu but I MUST remain mindful, I really don’t want the scales to go in the wrong direction!!

@onlyhermes, thanks for the Jamie Foxx transcript, it was just what I needed to hear this morning, I’ll keep it in mind.

Thanks for the congratulations on this months’ fat eradication ………….. so far! I’ll keep it all in mind at tonight’s dinner. I really think it’s because I’m finally off of the plateau and finally getting rid of 3 months’ worth of this WOL!!! Now I know I just have to keep plodding because eventually my body has caught up with the effort I’ve put in………….. Don’t give up even if the scales are doing that bouncy-bouncy thing!!!

Well done maintaining whilst away @at, I expect the combination of 16:8 and CDs are working for you brilliantly!!

@dykask, thanks for the post about nuts, I’ve eaten an entire bag of cashew nuts this week – 250g totalling 1450 calories – (on NFDs & not all at once!!!) but I’ve still managed to eradicate 2.5lbs so far. I’m planning to experiment a bit with your theory about the nut loving gut bacteria.

Well I’m off to Pilates, then to my mums to spend some time with her in the garden!!! I’ll catch-up on more posts later.

Wish me luck with the Italian meal tonight – any suggestions on choices suited to a CD????

Day 20 – UK -Reading – CD

Even though I feel like I’ve been good this week, I’ve actually put on 1lb, so I’m obviously fooling myself somewhere. A CD today as I know I can’t do a FD on a Friday. And yes, isn’t the sun glorious? I may be fat, but at least it’s sunny. Have a lovely day everyone.

Day 20, Surrey (UK), CD, Fast Exercise – run in the woods

Going to extend yesterday’s fast until this evening if I can. Started the day with my weekly weigh-in. Good news – I’m the right side of 12 stone at 167.4lb. Bad news – I’m a pound heavier than last week. Just have to accept that I’m still stuck in plateau-land. Can’t think what has caused this – two half-glasses of wine? One very small portion of dessert? 3 bite-sized baklava sweets? Food in transit – what food? I really can’t think where I’ve fallen off the wagon this week. At my age I can’t blame TOM either. Looks like it’s 4:3 from now until my holiday in 3 weeks time, to stand any chance of shifting those remaining 3.5lbs to get to my target holiday weight. Just gotta keep on keeping on!

Well, the weather is sunny here in Surrey, my garden beckons me, so it’s off to get more of my gardening chores done. Enjoy the weather out there, and have a good weekend all.

Day 20 – Iceland – FD (2nd of B2B2B)

Had a good FD yesterday at 295 cals and first time this month the scales show a number lower than April 1st. Same time last month I had only had 6 FDs (compared to 8 this month) but had already lost 2kg (compared to 0.5kg this month). I cannot find any explanation for this as I have been exercising a lot more and had fewer EFS than last month… weight loss truly moves in mysterious ways… Just hope I am off that plateau!
    At the moment I am not likely to reach my goal for this month, but I will do my best to have at least a brilliant final spurt!

Congratulations @onlyhermes @diana123 @arelkade @flourbaby @basyjames @daffodil2010 @metatauta @cornish-jane on your whoosh/hitting target/overall great success! You all are a great inspiration!
    Also congratulations to all who are maintaining, which I believe is no easier task.
    @dykask – I am a chickpea fan too, especially like a good chana masala, it’s filling and flavourful, perfect FD food!

Have a great day everyone and stay strong!

Day 20, Gozo Malta, nfd

Yesterday I ate too much. I’m 68.1 kilos this morning and that’s 4 kilos above my target weight of 64 kilos.

I’m trying to eat sensibly and control nibbling until Monday. Then I start B2B2B as usual. I went out of control these passed days. Today is a new day.

Have a great Friday everyone. Onwards and downwards.

Day 20 London ?day

Before I start my long post which are just my ramblings so please feel free to skip I just wanted to say…

To all that have mentioned their difficult and sad relationships with their mum’s – thank you. I feel very guilty for having such thoughts and sharing them with others, who often don’t understand, can amplify this guilt even more, but knowing you are not the only one and not being judged is very comforting. Thank you again.

Reading so many amazing stories right now from this monthly challenge of those that have achieved or who are getting close to target or seeing new lows that it brings a glow of pride and joy. To you all well done, congratulations, superb!

@onlyhermes – how timely your quote was from Jamie Foxx sadly I didn’t absorb it enough yesterday but reflecting strongly on it today, maybe it should be pinned up on all my walls until this WOL is assimilated!

Have a good day everyone
    Ta x

So to my ramblings …

I have to question am I serious about this way of life? I want change, I want a healthy body but do I actually want to make the effort? Why do I sabotage my efforts?

These thoughts come on the back of a successful FD until 9.30pm when I …

Why did I do it? I get the bodies reaction to sugar and carbohydrates which means it is hard to stop once you start but why did I even toy with the idea that making some oat and yoghurt bread (yes @stoic you heard right) was a good idea anyway when I know I have no self control?

Thought processes prior to going off the rails were:

Fish finger sandwiches bad, especially on FD days, but they were a lovely treat and have got me through before.
    How could I make them healthier?
    Someone mentioned oat and yoghurt bread, sounded intriguing and not as bad as regular bread, so I thought I’d give this a go.
    Made said bread mid evening last night, once cooked made an improved fish finger sandwich with fresh cod fillet, salad leaves and yes (sorry) mayonnaise and tomato ketchup as the moist moorish element.
    Ate sandwich and enjoyed, can strongly recommend oat and yoghurt bread is lovely!
    Then I thought I’d like some more bread…

I now realise my brain hadn’t caught up with my stomach at this point and the smell of delicious bread cooking in my oven had made me feel very very hungry prior to eating, so more wasn’t such an irrational choice, except this was an FD so brain wasn’t saying ‘what are you doing?’ only kicked in after a second helping and then it said ‘what the hell’!!!

Went to bed feeling bloated, feeling sick and worse ashamed, stupid, and disappointed in myself.

This morning I am still feeling disappointed and guilty. Why put temptation in the way when the past tells you you have no self control? I’m guessing I feel like any addict must when they go off the rails, except this is food, hard to avoid!

In principal nothing wrong in wanting to make a fish finger sandwich healthier but combined with my carb addiction, cooking mid evening on an FD, cooking something which turned out to be very delicious, cooking and eating when tired was a very stupid idea. My decision making last night was very poor, I made a bad decision!

One good decision today, I have destroyed the remains of the bread, even I couldn’t eat a whole loaf!

I know low carb is the way to go and I have done this successfully to a degree before but never enough to make it a way of life. Now I’m trying to go veggie (I know, why was I even eating a fish finger sandwich?!) and dread the thought of a low carb diet made up of mostly cheese and eggs. Should I go back to being a meat eater for the duration of weight loss? I don’t feel I have the daily energy to be so organised to explore low carb veggie options for every meal right now. Then there is the avoiding whole food groups again. I just don’t know?

What drew me to the 5:2 was that there was no restrictions on what you ate just how you ate it and in what proportions, plus the additional health benefits fasting can bring. I did so well for the first month then went off the rails mid March and just haven’t got back into it in a meaningful way. All I’m doing is losing and gaining the same kilo over the month and feeling bad about it!

I’m hearing Jamie Foxx in my ear…

Should I get right back on it today with another FD, which at the moment in my negative mood I feel will be a punishment or should I try a CD, can I control it? or a NFD, will I go bonkers and feel even worse?

Decisions? I guess tomorrow will tell its own story…

It’s beautiful out there again and luckily I have time today to go and sit in the park and read a book, so I will and see how I feel…

Day 20 London ?day

My post disappeared so posting it again. I had the sense to copy it before I posted it so if it reappears I apologise for the bombardment as it’s rather long!

Before I start my ramblings, which please feel free to skip, I just wanted to say…

To all that have mentioned their difficult and sad relationships with their mum’s – thank you. I feel very guilty for having such thoughts and sharing them with others, who often don’t understand, can amplify this guilt even more, but knowing you are not the only one and not being judged is very comforting. Thank you again.

Reading so many amazing stories right now from this monthly challenge of those that have achieved or who are getting close to target or seeing new lows that it brings a glow of pride and joy. To you all well done, congratulations, superb!

@onlyhermes – how timely your quote was from Jamie Foxx sadly I didn’t absorb it enough yesterday but reflecting strongly on it today, maybe it should be pinned up on all my walls until this WOL is assimilated!

Have a good day everyone
    Ta x

So to my ramblings, which may not be coherent …

I have to question am I serious about this way of life? I want change, I want a healthy body but do I actually want to make the effort? Why do I sabotage my efforts?

These thoughts come on the back of a successful FD until 9.30pm when I …

Why did I do it? I get the bodies reaction to sugar and carbohydrates which means it is hard to stop once you start but why did I even toy with the idea that making some oat and yoghurt bread (yes @stoic you heard right!) was a good idea anyway when I know I have no self control?

Thought processes prior to going off the rails were:

Fish finger sandwiches bad, especially on FD days, but they were a lovely treat and have got me through before.
    How could I make them healthier?
    Someone mentioned oat and yoghurt bread, sounded intriguing and not as bad as regular bread, so I thought I’d give this a go.
    Made said bread mid evening last night, once cooked made an improved fish finger sandwich with fresh cod fillet, salad leaves and yes (sorry) mayonnaise and tomato ketchup as the moist moorish element.
    Ate sandwich and enjoyed, can strongly recommend oat and yoghurt bread is lovely!
    Then I thought I’d like some more bread…

I now realise my brain hadn’t caught up with my stomach at this point and the smell of delicious bread cooking in my oven had made me feel very very hungry prior to eating, so more wasn’t such an irrational choice, except this was an FD so brain wasn’t saying ‘what are you doing?’ only kicked in after a second helping and then it said ‘what the hell’!!!

Went to bed feeling bloated, feeling sick and worse ashamed, stupid, and disappointed in myself.

This morning I am still feeling disappointed and guilty. Why put temptation in the way when the past tells you you have no self control? I’m guessing I feel like any addict must when they go off the rails, except this is food, hard to avoid!

In principal nothing wrong in wanting to make a fish finger sandwich healthier but combined with my carb addiction, cooking mid evening on an FD, cooking something which turned out to be very delicious, cooking and eating when tired was a very stupid idea. My decision making last night was very poor, I made a bad decision!

One good decision today, I have destroyed the remains of the bread, even I couldn’t eat a whole loaf!

I know low carb is the way to go and I have done this successfully to a degree before but never enough to make it a way of life. Now I’m trying to go veggie (I know, why was I even eating a fish finger sandwich?!) and dread the thought of a low carb diet made up of mostly cheese and eggs. Should I go back to being a meat eater for the duration of weight loss? I don’t feel I have the daily energy to be so organised to explore low carb veggie options for every meal right now. Then there is the avoiding whole food groups again. I just don’t know?

What drew me to the 5:2 was that there was no restrictions on what you ate just how you ate it and in what proportions, plus the additional health benefits fasting can bring. I did so well for the first month then went off the rails mid March and just haven’t got back into it in a meaningful way. All I’m doing is losing and gaining the same kilo over the month and feeling bad about it!

I’m hearing Jamie Foxx in my ear…

Should I get right back on it today with another FD, which at the moment in my negative mood I feel will be a punishment? Should I try a CD, can I control it? or a NFD, will I go bonkers and feel even worse?

Decisions? I guess tomorrow will tell its own story…

It’s beautiful out there again and luckily I have time today to go and sit in the park and read a book, so I will and see how I feel…

Day 20, UK, NFD

This tortoise is on the move 🐢 , I stepped on the scales this morning and saw 54kg!💃 . Truly happy about that 500g loss! Could it be that I reach my goal in April!? 😱 😀

@at glad to hear you are having a great time and you are managing to maintain as well, way to go! 👏

@dykask you are right about nuts and gut bacteria, they do love it. Nuts give healthy fats as well, so yes they have lots of calories but not all calories are equal, and nuts calories have lower impact on weight than other unhealthy calories.
    I try to eat many gut bacteria friendly foods, (kefir, sauerkraut, unpasteurised butter etc. etc. ) and I noticed huge difference in my digestion since I started eating healthier like that, really huge. I believe digestion is just one part that is noticeable and we can feel it, but I also believe that there is so much health benefits deep inside that are not visible to us but still make a huge difference 🙂

@daffodil2010 well done on smashing through the 130lb barrier yay! 💃

@steve toon taxi driver this weather is too nice to work, I agree 😉

@cornish-jane your goal weight is very achievable and you know it! You’ve done so good so far, all you need to do is keep doing what you’ve already been doing and you will be thanking yourself in few months time 😀

@sarahbob good to hear your day is so much better today, I can feel your positivity and good vibes today 🌞 . Stay strong.

@flourbaby how about chicken caesar salad maybe? Its not that high in calories and its very nice as well 🙂

@ktcaroline and @fatfingers don’t be disheartened by being stuck in plateau-land, our bodies are complex things and sometimes they do things we don’t realise and can’t see, so we have to accept that sometimes we just have to be patient and stay the course. You know its the right course 🙂

@borealis not just weight loss moves in mysterious ways, our bodies work in mysterious ways. Remember, weight loss doen’t necessarily happen in the strait line 🙂

@anna6 you will get back on the wagon, don’t worry. Stay positive and stay strong 🙂

Have a great day everyone and stay the course 🙂

Day 20 UK CD

Yesterday’s FD went a little awry at the end with strawberries and non-dairy icecream followed by air-popped popcorn – Oops. I blame fatigue and a sense of EURGH. But somehow I’ve still managed to lose 1.5lbs to get to 156.5, 71kg or 11st 2.5lbs – a weight last seen in April 2007! My BMI is down to 25.3 and another 0.5 in gone from the waist & hip parts of my fat suit.

This week I’ve had one easy FD, one FD that morphed into a CD, one unplanned feast day that went over TDEE, and 4 CDs between 1200-1600. Note to self – an occasional day over TDEE triggers weight loss after tortoise/ plateau time esp if CDs have been too close to a 800 FD! 5:2 works well because of low calorie FDs and the contrast of higher calorie NFDs; it’s much more effective than keeping calories down overall.

I need to keep track of the big picture rather than getting caught up in day to day or even week to week results. A lb a week or a couple of lbs a month, losing inches from my fat suit, it all adds up over time to build a healthier me. And in a way which gives me energy and changes my relationship with food.

In the same way I don’t feel the “need” to smoke, or to drink, I’m moving away from the “need” to have sugar, or carbs. The craving often comes from fatigue, or as an emotional response to a feeling. Listening to my body and getting rest or staying with the feeling to work out what I need are much more helpful responses and build a healthier, happier me.

Really interesting about nuts & guts, thank you @dykask & @shinything. I love nuts and used to eat them a lot pre this WOL, but cut right down bc calories. There are jars and bags waiting to be eaten so I may go ahead and re-introduce them for NFD now, along with my 2 a day apple habit 😀

@cornish-jane v glad you are feeling better at last, and congratulations on your new low!
    @bert1802 thank you for the pep talk – really helped this morning 🙂
    @basyjames @onlyhermes thank you for sharing those great motivational quotes
    @diana123 that sounds like a really special day, how wonderful
    @metatauta congratulations on your whoosh – it’s testimony to perseverance 🙂
    @debster251 sounds like a great long weekend – and perfect weather. The sense of home is a complicated thing, where we belong now and the places that have mades us who we are but no longer fit us…
    @daffodil2010 congratulations on your whoosh around the corner to the 120s 🙂 I’d love to know how you get on with salt as an anti-histamine
    @strawberriesandcream well done in reaching 9stone land again 🙂
    @sarahbob thank you for sharing the postiive vibes, hope you have a lovely playdate 😀
    @flourbaby italian restaurants usually have great salad starters and fish mains, plus it’s the perfect time for delicious primavera vegetables? hope you have a lovely meal 🙂
    @ktcaroline it’s worth keeping an eye on NFD calories, but not all weeks are ones where we lose weight. sometimes it’s inches and sometimes we simply keep going because we know we’re on the right track and the results will follow. They will!

Ooops – late – gotta dash. Hope you have sunny days, whehter on the inside or the outside 🙂

Day 20, Virginia USA, FD

Good morning lovely friends. I am only up a half pound after my eat day yesterday, which means I’m continuing to trend lower. So that’s good news. More importantly, I realized last night that I still have eating disordered thinking that requires caution. DH and I split a mediterranean salad and a thin crust cheese and mushroom pizza and I had one small slice of herb bread dipped in olive oil–a perfectly reasonable (and reasonably healthy) dinner for an eat day. But as we were finishing, I could feel the old way of thinking begin, “Oh no, I’ve eaten too much..then…well, you’ve eaten this much, you might as well have ice cream…go ahead and eat whatever, you can start again tomorrow…” That familiar self-talk and the almost frantic feeling that comes before a binge.

Except this time, I didn’t do it. We went to the grocery store on the way home and I didn’t buy cookies or ice cream or candy. I went home and had two squares of Ghirardelli 72% chocolate and a cup of tea. Done. Yay! This is a major breakthrough. I am finally staying the course and not derailing myself.

Thank you @dykask for the chickpea suggestion. I’ve never liked the texture of them, but clearly I need to give them another try because I keep hearing how healthy they are. @kaywesterman, many blessings and good wishes to you and hoping that your DH feels better soon.

Hugs to everyone today! Have a great weekend! 🙂

Day 20 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Day 20 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Today is the start of my 3 in a row NFD’s. @flourbaby I too am going out to an Italian dinner and wine. Planning on being mindful all weekend.

Thanks for all the support everyone. Have a great weekend everyone.

The best preparation you can do for tomorrow is to be the best you today.

Day 20 USA (Illinois) NFD

Good CD yesterday, so maintenance is going quite well. It’s a judicious process, but I am determined to keep wearing the new clothes my weight loss have afforded. That means being careful with caloric intake and exercise.

Onward and downward.

Day 20 CD North Canton OH

My liquid fast ends today. As of this morning, I am 7 pounds down. Body fat is still 28%. I believe I will work on that with some HIIT. in my early 30s I was at 23% a decade later that may be too lean; so my goal is to drop to 25% body fat and take it from there.

@annemarilyn thanks for the tip, I had some chicken broth and it definitely helped; I had a little more energy yesterday evening.

I have seen others on this forum try the back to back liquid fasts and I never thought I could do it. It’s empowering to realize that yes, it can be done if you take it one day and one challenge at a time. I chewed a lot of gum though 🙂

I really feel as though this has put me in better state of preparedness to continue on my journey.

I would like to join in congratulating @onlyhermes @diana123 @arelkade @flourbaby @daffodil2010 @metatauta @cornish-jane for your successes.

I would also like to congratulate all the maintainers, as well as those who are sticking with this WOL despite setbacks, plateaus, discouragements. Having tried many, many different diets; I can say that this WOL works especially as the years begin to pile on. We are worth the effort and we are definitely stronger together.

My best to you all, have a great weekend

ccco USA Day 20 FD

Hurray for everyone who has had a whoosh this week! I am still waiting for mine, despite two water FDs this week!! 🙁 Anyway, today is another FD but this time a 500 calorie 5:2 style fast! Good luck everyone today and have a beautiful day!

Day 20 – USA – FD

Wow, a lot going on in our friendly forum today! @daffodil2010, woo hoo on being in the 120s! I haven’t seen that in 30 years and at this stage of the game, I’d look like a sack of wrinkles, lol! @cornish-jane, glad you are feeling better and congrats for reaching a goal unreachable for 20 years! @Strawberriesandcream, way to go on reaching your goal and isn’t it wonderful to clean out in more ways than one? @ktcaroline, no doubt your 1 lb. gain is water, not fat. Hang in there, you may have a whoosh any moment! @Sarabob, your attitude is contagious today! Have fun with the little ones in the park! @fatfingers, your good news far outweighs (no pun intended) your bad! @borealis, I am not an expert on exercise, but I heard that building muscle while on 5:2 can add lbs. to the scale. Worth researching MM on this. @anna6, you have been so stable and steady; you will get back to where you want to be in no time! @dingping, I hope I did not inadvertently make you feel worse with my comment re: your mom. Have you considered making a low-carb bread with seeds? It’s delicious, dense and very filling. There are quite a few low-carb versions on various YouTube channels; let me know if you want the links. @Stevetoon, a great idea to ditch the job for even a half-day in the garden; totally worth it! Have fun! @Michelineme, great job! You are 2.5 less than me at the moment and I will follow on your coattails with your mindset! @onlyhermes, congrats on staying the course! What inspiration! @basyjames, what a great loss – 7 lbs! I admire your grit!

Day 20, Rocky Mountains, US, FD

Day 20, Cornwall UK, NFD

Second post

@onlyhermes – Congratulations on swerving that binge! It sounds like you have made a breakthrough in your thinking. Its like me and crisps/potato chips – one bag is never enough and it starts an avalanche, so I am now trying to avoid them completely.

Viewing 50 posts - 801 through 850 (of 1,171 total)

You must be logged in to reply.