APRIL 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
APRIL 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

This topic contains 1,170 replies, has 81 voices, and was last updated by  AnneMarilyn 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 1,171 total)

• 2nd post

@arelkade well done you! This WOL really works, if you stick to it!

Day 18, Cornwall UK, NFD

Properly on the mend now, but my illness has set me back a couple of weeks, and breaking that 80kg ceiling is taking a lot of effort.

It feels like my life is taken over by this weight loss thing. Its good, as I need to get to a healthy weight, but my internal voice beats me up when the scales arn’t moving in the right direction. Maybe I’m aware how easy it is to give up once you get a little recognition, when in reality the battle is only half won. It seems that obesity is a disease you don’t fully recover from – but only go into remission. My job now is to prove myself wrong by not going back to old and bad eating habits and staying with a mostly plant based diet for life. Perhaps I’ll know when my new eating is my new normal when I don’t crave crisps, buttered toast and bacon sandwiches!

Do you all eat breakfast on a fast day or avoid?

40 in two months…. will I be able to get my body fat into a healthy range – fingers crossed.

Day 18 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD or CD 1000 calories

Morning troops! Here we are setting forth on another day in this magical WOL of 5:2 ☺️ Two evenings of slaying wine dragons has me quite chipper this morning. It also helps that at last we have warm temperatures out there – I was just wearing a t-shirt in work yesterday. Is Spring FINALLY here? I want to see my tulips already.

The weekend weight gain is now lost. Plan to have a CD today BUT if the wine ðragon calls I might have a glass so it could be an NFD. Just giving myself that opt out but probably wi t take it as I don’t normally drink during the week.

@arelkade and @diana123 I am so pleased for you both seeing numbers on the scale that haven’t been there in a quarter of a century 💃🏆💐. Well done both.

@delayedgratification. Hello and welcome. I never eat breakfast on a fast day, and try to put off eating until as late as possible. Some days it’s 10am but mostly I don’t “break my fast” until lunch time. During the week, on a non fast day, I don’t eat in the morning either. I find I can fast better if I don’t eat until as late as possible.

@cornish-jane so glad you are feeling better. As a veteran of weight loss and gain I believe that this is a battle we will always have to be mindful of. Hopefully this WOL will be the one that can sustain us for ever!!!!

Have a good Wednesday all.

Day 18 London FD
    Just spent three hard days with my very very difficult 85 year old mum and have undone all that I achieved last week and more.
    Disappointed in myself as I know being around her makes me succumb to emotional eating – don’t seem to know how to break the cycle, feel mentally lazy.

Today has to be an FD, fingers crossed for a successful one.

Apologise I haven’t followed everyone’s posts lately, hope everyone is keeping their heads above water and swimming through April!
    Ta x

Day 18 UK FD B2B2B

Working again today so having another FD as much easier when not at home. @delayedgratification, I never eat breakfast on a fast day . In fact I usually try to keep going till dinner so usually only have one meal a day when fasting. I find this easier but if it’s too hard I’ll have a small green salad or small amount fruit.
    As many others have said, I find the fast days easier than the NFD.

0.8 kg (1.7 lb) to go to meet my April target and will be very happy if I achieve that, but if not, there’s always May! Onwards and downwards.

Day 18, London, UK, FD

I can confirm that 1 or 2 cashew nuts is NEVER enough!!!! I had a bit of a blow out last night with the cashew nuts, so it ended up being more of a CD. My yoga class was moved to Tuesday this week, so I’m using the disruption to my schedule as an excuse!!!!

Well the sun is shining and I’m feeling ever more positive, the sun is my drug of choice!!!! I’ve a chicken salad for lunch/ dinner as I’ll have a boxercise class tonight which will be followed by just an apple and some (a tiny-tiny amount) peanut butter, I’m never hungry after the class.

@daffodil2010, Arid April is going well for me, so my TOM last week descended into chocolate hell rather than the red wine haze!!!! I’m waiting with baited breath to know whether you succumbed to the wine dragon today or not ……………….…….. is it going to be a CD or NFD????

Welcome back @lindasue, We have to discuss your fantastic maintenance skills when you fully return in May!!!!

@delayedgratification – no ‘normal’ breakfast for me, but I might have typical breakfast foods at 2-3pm on a NFD when I finally break my minimum 18hr fast, so avocado on sourdough or scrambled eggs might be my 4pm ‘brunch’. I do the same on FDs, but usually with a small veg soup or cup of miso and on any day I try to close the kitchen at 7.30pm ………………….. I did say ‘try’!!!!

Stay strong everyone!!!!

Plank Pocket List – please copy and add your name if you want to join us for April 💪
    @cornish-jane
    @rainbowsmile with extra
    @snowflake56
    @summerbug
    @at
    @toddybear
    @kerryn73
    @ccco
    @flourbaby
    @hyacinth plus extra 😱
    @catch87 plus extra!

Extras build up to 100 setups (crunches) and 100 squats

Still going, sometimes a struggle to do so but I am.

Mari

Day 18 – UK – Reading – FD

Reading everyone’s posts does put a smile on my face. I can so recognize a FD becoming a CD, becoming a blow out. Onwards and downwards. And chipper is such a wonderful word, @daffodil2010, today the sun is shining and chipper-ness will be breaking out all over.

Yesterday’s FD became a CD, so lost a little, but not enough. Trying again today as really, really, really want to be 63kg by the end of the week. Then I’ll have a chance to make my April target.
    Adding myself to the pocket list, without extras:
    @cornish-jane
    @rainbowsmile with extra
    @snowflake56
    @summerbug
    @at
    @toddybear
    @kerryn73
    @ccco
    @flourbaby
    @hyacinth plus extra 😱
    @catch87 plus extra!
    @ktcaroline

Day 18 UK NFD

Such a sunny day! And I’ve got a restful catch up morning followed by lunch in town and afternoon with a lovely friend. How lucky am I? Need to keep an eye on both calories and carbs, and not blow out while catching up!

Despite c10hrs sleep I’m still exhausted. Mindful of pain after yesterday’s dentist appt, and of the need for extra self-care.

Uncharacteristically I’ve decided to say no to a last-minute opportunity for exciting overseas trip next week. Instead I’ll gently tackle backlog, prepare for the busier times ahead and get some overdue writing done. Hopefully I’m getting better at being where I am and being fully present.

Day 18 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

So very glad to have this community of lovely cyber friends to keep me from nose diving into a barrel of Shiraz right now @daffodil2010 I too have been playing deaf to the screams of the wine dragon for the past 2 days.

Stay strong everyone, together we can do this, one day at a time 🐉🗡

Day 18, Amsterdam , FD

Fasting today – enjoying ti so far! Yesterday was so lovely, my boyfriend and I sat upstairs on our roof terrace in the evening after work, with white wine and a nice salad that he made – and introduced our 8 month old kitten to the great outdoors! She’s getting neutered in 2 weeks so we kept her on a little leash as she’s definitely confident enough to run off and start bonking the neighbours’ cats!

Tonight it will be 24C in Amsterdam so we will be back out there later (just without the wine for me!)

Made up a pocket list for today’s fasters, hope it’s correct!

@snowflake56
    @ktcaroline
    @flourbaby
    @mia139
    @dingping
    @catch87

Good luck all 🙂

Day 18…..Florida….FD

Yesterday turned out to be pretty good, although I ended the night right around 800 calories. Not a strict FD but enough to get me refocused on what I’m supposed to be doing!
    I’m doing a FD again today, or should I say everyday until I can get a solid 500 calories FD in.
    My weight from vacation is slowly going away……. little over a 1lb and half to go! Hopefully, I’ll make it by Friday my weigh in day!

Okay well……adulthood is calling!

Your riding a horse at full speed, a giraffe is next to you and a lion is chasing you….
    What do you do?
    You get your drunk ass off the carousel!

Good morning lovely friends! My scale is bouncing up a pound, down a pound, up a pound, down a pound. It’s crazy-making but I’ve lost 11 pounds in 3 weeks. I feel great and I’m staying the course. Today is a water fast day.

@dingping, even people I love can stress me out when they are difficult, don’t be too hard on yourself. Sometimes I must admit, I’ll choose a role-model in my mind and imagine how they would handle it. I’ve been on an Audrey Hepburn kick lately, so she’s often my guide of choice. When I feel about to be frustrated, I’ll concentrate on working on being quietly present, working on my posture, working on graceful mannerisms. It probably sounds silly, but it really helps me deal with a pain-in-the-neck person with gentleness and dignity.

@cornish-jane, your post was so insightful, thank you for sharing those thoughts!

@lindasue, so glad you’ve come back and congratulations for doing so well. 🙂

@anna6, today is a fresh new day!

@bert1802, Aargh, adulting is so hard sometimes! Lol!

Can someone tell me where are you all getting the little emoticons?

Best wishes for a happy day everyone!

Day 18 – USA – FD

@arelkade, congrats on your 27 year low! @dingping, I concur with all who commented…it’s a season of time, not forever, that you have to bear with difficult loved ones…@LindaSue, welcome back! @bert1802, atta girl, you’ll get back in the saddle in no time! @Strawberriesandcream, so glad we have our 5 dry pact..it helps to know you are doing it!

Day 18, Hampshire UK – FD

Interesting reading everyone’s responses to @delayedgratification regarding breakfast!

On a FD, I eat all of my food between 16:00 and 20:00.

I LOVE breakfast and I actually find the mornings the most difficult part of a FD.

Saying that, I have a strong rule of only eating breakfast if hungry, particularly if we are going out for lunch.

@delayedgratification There is a reasonable amount of data available suggesting that not breaking your fast too early is beneficial to improving Insulin Resistance issues.

I know people are always mentioning it, but Konjac rice/pasta (“zero pasta”) is great if you are absolutely starving on a FD. I eat it when desperate!

Adding myself to the pocket FASTERS but NOT to the pocket PLANKERS ??!!! (Have I understood this correctly?!)

@snowflake56
    @ktcaroline
    @flourbaby
    @mia139
    @dingping
    @catch87
    @fivetwofan5252

Day 18 FD.

@lindasue I re-read your post to see if I missed anything and I don’t think there was anything wrong in what you said. No need to worry, I am so glad to see you though, just love your spirit.

I am working towards a hard reset with a straight week of water fasts. This is Day 3and I have a guide that tells me how I am supposed to feel each day and what my body is doing. So far it’s going according to plan. Day 1 tired, Day 2 irritable, Day 3 twinges of hunger that subside when I drink water, by tomorrow I should feel a burst of energy ( I am looking forward to that) I hope to incorporate this into my routine at least twice a year. It’s supposed to have some great benefits for the body, and it will get me out of the self-destructive cycle I fell into after our move.

Adding myself to the pocket fasters
    @snowflake56
    @ktcaroline
    @flourbaby
    @mia139
    @dingping
    @catch87
    @fivetwofan5252
    @basyjames

Day 18 USA (Illinois) FD

Going to get a proper FD in today despite a busy schedule. Yesterday sure ended up bombing when a friend said “let’s go to supper before our evening meeting.” Culver’s is a fast food place that advertises “butterburgers.” Nuff said.(Their onion rings are also delish.)

People around the midwest have decided spring has decided to arrive about May 15 – more bad weather expected for today. Ugh!

Onward and downward.

Day 18 – UK – NFD

Really struggling at the moment – I felt so positive at the start of the month and all was going well – but not at the moment…..

@merryapple – Happy 60th – mine is just round the corner too!

@missybear – hope you’re Dad is improving

@flourbaby – I’m going to hold your thoughts about ‘one bad day…’

Day 18 – USA – FD

Second post: whoops, forgot to add myself to today’s pocket fasters:
    @snowflake56
    @ktcaroline
    @flourbaby
    @mia139
    @dingping
    @catch87
    @fivetwofan5252
    @basyjames
    @metatauta

Day 18 NFD Oregon USA

Well I finally stepped on the scale this morning after the weekend debaucle and as suspected a pound up. Now mind you I have pretty much gained and lost the same pound for about three months now… Sigh.
    Need to get exercising after my failed attempt to start running again. Felt so good for the three weeks I was doing it and of course one week of torrential rain broke the soft habit I had started.

As I am travelling to Arizona and driving back in the moving truck this weekend I have my sites set on May for a complete and total turnaround.
    My goal is to lose 15 pounds in 4 months. Really should be possible and just want to feel my best on August 25 when I meet several virtual friends at a conference for the first time. Yes I know it is sheer vanity…but there you have it.
    Of course I will be healthier too.😳

“Have a 🔥 in your soul and grace in your ❤️.”

ccco USA Day 18 NFD

I wanted to add my new plank position for anyone who might like to try new planks. Not all planks are timed. My first plank was timed for 45 seconds. I would hold that position twice. My arms were straight and my back was straight. It was challenging! My current and new plank is not timed. It can be done two ways. If you don’t have shoulder problems, your arms would be straight again, as would be your back (no curving the back) and, of course your legs are straight out. Now you bend your right knee to touch your left knee. Do that ten times and then reverse it so you are doing the other side. Do that whole exercise twice. I have some other challenges, too, but I think two at a time is enough! LOL I am getting these from my personal trainer. Whatever else I can say about myself, I have very strong abs!! That makes me very happy!! Have a great day of planking my planking cohorts! 🙂 Forgot to tell you what to do if you have shoulder problems! Bend your arms. It takes the pressure off your shoulders and distributes your weight in a more forgiving way. Both are excellent! 🙂

ccco USA Day 18

To all on the pocket list, onward and downward. My thoughts will be with you all throughout this day! 🙂

Day 18, UK, NFD

The sun is out finally! Love it 🌞. I’m not sure what’s going on with me but I feel more hungry than usually …. hmmm . maybe its the change of seasons 😐 . Still, not a bad day so far, been quite controlled.

@debster251 double cream? I’m not sure what you meant. Have a good time with your sister 👭

@michelinme sorry to hear about your dentist/tooth trouble 🙁 . I hope it gets sorted out soon so you can be permanently pain free 🤗

@diana123 well done! Wow! What a wonderful feeling it is to reach the maintenance stage 😀

@ccco well done on gaining back the control, hope it works long term for you now 🙂 Stay strong, we are here for you 🤗

@arelkade congrats on the lowest weight in 27 years, its fantastic! 💃

@delayedgratification I don’t eat breakfast on FD, and I think most of people here don’t eat it. On FD I eat late in the afternoon first meal, which is sort of breakfast sometimes just at a different time.

@onlyhermes its interesting what you said about working on one’s posture when trying to deal with difficult person, I must try that 🙂 . And really happy to hear you’ve lost 11 pounds in 3 weeks.Good going 💃
    About emoticons, people who use phones/tablets already have them installed, and mac laptops I believe, if you are using normal PC/laptop there is an add-on for the browser that gives you emoticons that you can install. There is few of them (you can google them), I use this one: https://browsernative.com/chrome-emoji/

@mjrbcd44 I have the same “difficult” pound too, that I lose and gain for weeks now … *sigh* We must stay determined and get rid of it permanently 💪

Have a great day/evening everyone 😀

Day 18, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

FD yesterday morphed again into NFD. My mind is not with the program. Planning for a CD.

Off to Tai Chi!😊😊😊

Have a good Wednesday everyone!🌷🌷🌷

Day 18 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

@lindasue I have hit my goal weight and feel fab. Would love to hear what you are doing for maintenance. That is my next step.

The best preparation for tomorrow is to be your best today.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone. Sunny but cold here on the island.

A NFD for me today. That worked out good, as hubby is in the hospital. That usually trigger my emotional eating but so far I’m not over eating. Hopefully he will come home today.
    Everyone have a great day. 🌞

2nd post

@onlyhermes and @metatauta I’m re motivating myself and shaking off the negativity from my mum – thank you.

@onlyhermes – love your inner Audrey Hepburn, I will always think of you poised, graceful and elegant with a big beautiful heart.

As Audrey might say ‘nothing is impossible’ and Dolly (Parton) ‘If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.’ I’m putting up with the rain and know nothing is impossible!

Faffing and being defeatist no more!!!!

Caught up on a few posts so belated HB to @merryapple and @missybear best wishes to you and your father.

It’s beautiful out there – so going out there to enjoy!

Ta x

Day 18 – Massachusetts – CD
    Day 17 – NFD
    Day 16 – NFD
    Day 15 – NFD
    Day 14 – NFD

Coming off a weekend of eating too much (but having too much fun too!). Doing my best to dial it back but my body is on a sugar and sweets high and keeps wanting more. I have a bachelorette party this weekend. I seem to have a schedule of never ending parties… It certainly has made it difficult to stick to a schedule and eat healthy. I’m looking forward to when all of the spring weddings are done! I haven’t posted my food diary in a while either, which was super helpful to me when I did it, but I just haven’t had time to even check in this past week or so.

I haven’t had time to catch up with all of you, but I hope you are doing well and your April challenges are doing well! Spring is still not quite here in Massachusetts, but almost!

Day 18 UK CD

Decided to have a controlled day today and it has gone really well so far! I’m planning on my second fast day this week to be on Friday. Really hoping for a loss at weigh in on Saturday. 🤞

Got out for a lovely walk with the baby this morning and I am now clocking up 15,000 steps.

Day 18 (but really Day 1) Ireland. OMG totally fell off the fasting wagon after the end of Feb. Missed the whole of March and half of April. I’m back on and determined to make the second half of April really good!Interestingly did not gain any weight. I checked my tracker and my last entry has me at the exact weight I am now. So feeling positive about that!! Onwards. I hope everyone is feeling strong.The sun came out in Ireland which always makes life better

Day 18 – Atlanta, GA, USA – FD

Yesterday’s CD turned out to be a NFD, I already reached by goal weight for March but want to loose few more pounds if my body lets me 🙂

Adding myself to the pocket list today:-

@snowflake56
    @ktcaroline
    @flourbaby
    @mia139
    @dingping
    @catch87
    @fivetwofan5252
    @basyjames
    @metatauta
    @mishty

Day 18 Newcastle UK FD 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
    Forgot to post this morning.
    Need a Holiday and a total blowout lol I’m getting neither.☹

2nd post

As I sit in the evening sunshine, watching the birds feeding from my fatball feeder, seeing the breeze sway the branches of my lemon and olive trees (which have just been put outside for the season), cat resting contentedly in the chair beside me, waiting for my Mexican black bean chilli to cook..I do have a chilled glass of white to hand.

And I am really enjoying it.

It’s not usual for me to have alcohol during the working week, but the day that is in it, and two days slaying TOM wine
    dragons, ……well, I am treating myself. It was a hard physical day in work, my muscles are aching, but a good ache, and I am relaxed and happy.

So, @flourbaby, my CD morphed into an NFD but won’t be a blowout.

Enjoy the rest of your day everybody.

Day 18, Gozo Malta, cd

Onlyhermes thanks for the reminder. Indeed today is a fresh day but I didn’t manage a fast day again. I was babysitting my two granddaughters at my daughter s home and ate around nine large rice cakes with yogurt and chocolate topping. I then had a mango smoothie this evening and some broad bean soup.

This week I don’t seem to be in control. I’ll try to eat sensible until next Sunday and do a fast day on Monday.

Tomorrow I plan to cook oven baked whole fish with capers, tomatoes, olive oil and lemon juice plus seasoning and a rice salad.

Have a great evening everyone. Onwards and downwards.

Day 18 – SW WA USA – NFD

@dingping – relationships can be complicated,even with those we love. We all have different personalities that keeps things anything but boring. As I’ve navigate some interesting parts of life’s journey, the book “Boundaries” by Drs. Cloud & Townsend came into my life. What a wonderful resource it became! My pastor’s wife read it at the same time, and we’d talk about it over coffee. Then she felt that other women would benefit from it as well, and we moved it into her livingroom. These gentlemen also have other books and materials that help with relationships. Anyway, perhaps it’s a tool you might find helpful. I know it’s helped me in quite a few relationship situations.

Oh oh, need to get back to work.

Together we are stronger!

Day 19…NSW Australia…CFD

Hi everyone.

Thank you @snowflake , @daffodil , @shinything and @metatauta for your special comments on my recent achievement – much appreciated. I’m still in shock!

Hope everyone has a wonderful, relaxing Thursday.
    Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

ccco USA Day 18 NFD
    Second Post

My NFD was a success and my new 36 hour water fast has begun, so I won’t be eating until breakfast on Friday. It seems I have regained the reins and am on a role again. I was disappointed that after my two day water fast, I didn’t lose any weight, but at least I didn’t gain any! I am hoping for a whoosh after tomorrow! Good luck everyone and have a wonderful evening!

Day 19. Thursday FD Auckland

Thank all for the “happy birthday” wishes. I had a really nice day and have taken on board that 60 is the new 40! I have zipped back up into the 85 kg range but I will come down…
    l love reading about everyone’s successful stories and throwing out baggie clothing…
    @anna6 love hearing about your delicious cooking!
    @daffodil2010 mmm Mexican black bean chile🖤
    @mjrbcd44 I hear you on I pound thing. Hang in there for a WOOSH!
    @arelkade Fantastic!
    @dingping Mothers and daughters… Hope you’re getting yourself together again
    @toddybear sending you some inner strength vibes! That sounds so 70s?!?!

Stay strong everyone!

Day 19 – Japan – NFD 81.4kg

Weight is continuing to go lower than even just a month ago. Maybe it will start to stay lower. I keep kicking it in the teeth but it just keeps coming back.

I’m eating more blueberries and beans. They aren’t my favorite foods but they are the most filling foods. I’ve found chickpeas to be really filling and also the combination of blueberries and oatmeal to be very filling. Filling enough that I probably end up eating fewer calories overall.

Day 19, Emden Germany, FD (2nd of B2B2B)

@emma-taylor and @merryapple belated congratulations on your birthdays!

Had a very good FD yesterday,had 200g of green asparagus with a poached egg and a few spoons of today’s diner I had to prepare ahead so the spices blend in better.
    I’m not hungry so decided to do another 2 FD’s.

Pocket list Day 19, if you want to join,please copy and paste and add your name to the list.

@snowflake56 2nd of B2B2B
    @merryapple

Have a good day everyone,it’s going to be 27°C overhere!

Day 19 Newcastle UK NFD 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧
    Can’t think the last time I said what a lovely day blue skies sunshine and hopefully 20 / 25 Celsius 😊

Day 19 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Enjoyed my NFD with a couple of glasses of wine and I was not overtaken by the snack dragon (and it would not have mattered if I was as there are NO snacks in my house right now!), and the scales moved downwards again this morning. Result!

So starting my final FD of the week. I have planned a liquid only fast. Chicken bone broth for lunch, lots of herbal teas, water, broth …….it has been ages since I have managed a complete LFD but hopefully today.

The weather has at last turned warm, so while it is not in the mid 20’s (as it is for our friends in Germany and the Netherlands @snowflake 56 and @catch87), we are expecting 20C today. This will mean I will be super busy in the Glasshouse at work as sunshine makes our sales orders increase, so I hope not to have a minute to think of food.

Early to bed tonight and tomorrow’s final weekly weigh in. I am not going to make April target ut I want to make a small dint in it.

Pocket Day list Day 19
    @snowflake56 2nd of B2B2B
    @merryapple
    @daffodil2010
    Pp

Day 19, Guildford UK, CFD

Supposed to be a month of CFD, yesterday I had biscuits! Lots of them, lots and lots of biscuits. A whole shop of biscuits.

Why? I don’t like biscuits, I never eat biscuits but apparently I do now.

This is not something I do, eat biscuits.

Back on the wagon.

Mari

Day 19, Newcastle UK, CD

Back from a couple of days away with a planned FD yesterday which ended up a decent CD. After 3 weeks before and over Easter of eating far too much, the scales are spot on 140lbs this morning. I have 5 weeks to get back to 133lbs (ideal weight to fit holiday clothes) but have a girls weekend in Liverpool and a week’s holiday in Dorset with foody/boozy friends to navigate yet.

@metatauta – I have to be honest and say I nose-dived on Day 2 of our pact this week. We had a nightmare journey traffic wise and arrived late to our friends dishing up dinner with glasses of wine already poured. I did not have the heart to say no. I keep on trying.

I got up early this morning and had all my housework chores finished by 8.40am. Off for a treadmill session shortly then spending the rest of this glorious day in the garden. It’ll be so good to feel some sun after a long bleak winter.

Day 19, London, UK, FD

Last FD of the week, I have my usual soup for lunch which might not be the best considering we’re expecting to hit 28 degrees in London today!!!!

I’m posting this so I don’t slide backwards over the weekend & I’m promising you & me that I WILL NOT UNDO THE RESULTS OF THIS WEEKS FDs OVER THE WEEKEND………………….. So, since returning from holiday on April 1st, carrying an extra 5lbs too, I’ve managed to eradicate that 5lbs + another 5lbs, so my current April loss is 10.4lbs – this weekend I’m out for a meal and there will be a family BBQ (just in case this is the start (and end) of summer!!!) I need to stay mindful over the next 4 NFDs otherwise I’ll be back where I started ………. AGAIN!!! I’m still 2lbs above my ATL (All Time Low) of December 15th, (The Xmas Baileys just wasn’t worth it!) but at least the plateau is behind me (I hope!!) – Determined, determined, determined!!!!!!!!!!!

@steve toon taxi driver, surely you’ve not long returned from a lengthy cruise, and in need of a holiday already???? Only joking – I’ve been back less than 3 weeks and already looking forward to my summer holiday ………………………… in July!!!! It really can’t come quickly enough!!!!

@daffodil2010, admiring your self-control, the warm weather makes me think of boozing in the garden, thank goodness for Arid-April!!!!

@rainbowsmile, I’ve found myself binging on things I’ve never really eaten too!!! Salted peanuts really aren’t my thing but I’ve eaten a bag in one day (600+ calories!!!) – just because I could, apparently!!!!

To those experiencing fantastic weather……………………… Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Day 19 London FD

Sun is out, feeling positive again despite little sleep. OH went for work celebrations last night and got lost on the night bus home, so I went and rescued him at 3.30am! He’s feeling awful and guilty this morning – and so he should!

Thanks for all the support @onlyhermes, @metatauta, @merryapple and @annemarilyn re my difficult relationship with my mum. We didn’t fall out this time, though she has fallen out and stopped talking for various lengths to all her children, me for a year and a brother for decades and at the moment has fallen out with another brother – it all adds a horrible strain when trying to keep a relationship with her, she thinks you are taking sides against her if you mention anything positive about a fallen out sibling. She has always been difficult but as she gets older she is becoming more disinhibited and says exactly what she’s thinking with no soft tones added. My big fear is that I will become her, I’d hate my kids to see me like I see my mum. I am put upon, a role I created out of desperation to earn my mum’s love but accept she can’t show me the love she has for me in a way most mums would. You never grow up do you?!
    So thanks @annemarilyn I will definitely look out for that book – sounds an invaluable guide.

@onlyhermes forgot yesterday to congratulate you on your 11Ib loss – fab!
    @basyjames & @ccco – admire your abilities to manage water fasts and for so long, maybe one day for me when I have my mojo!
    @toddybear – ditto re ‘started April off feeling positive’ hope the sunshine helps in finding that elusive thing.
    @kaywesterman – hope you stayed in control.
    @rainbowsmile – why??? Hope your climb back on the wagon is swift.
    @flourbaby – 10.4Ib loss for April already sounds pretty determined to me – well done, sure you will nail this weekend.

Wishing everyone a great day and that we all enjoy it.
    Ta for now x

Day 19 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

@flourbaby WOW congratulations on your downwards dip in weight this month, inspirational.

Thinking of my fellow Thursday fasters as I sip my black coffee, have a good day.

Day 19 – UK – Reading – FD

Yesterday’s FD was good until 10pm when it all went wrong. OH train broke down so we didn’t eat anything till late, and by then all self control was gone. Resetting and trying again today. Sun out in the Royal County. Onwards and downwards.

Day 19 London UK NFD

Thanks for all the kind birthday wishes. Much appreciated.

@dingping. Sorry to hear about your mum troubles. My mum died very young and I had a very difficult relationship with my dad. I really loved him but we drove each other mad. He seemed so critical of me. When he died ten years ago I was devastated but I felt a huge weight lift, and I’m sorry to say I was much happier when he wasn’t around to criticise me. Not great, that, is it? And in many ways he was a good person. I agree, we never really grow up.

Hope everybody has a good day. H

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 1,171 total)

You must be logged in to reply.