anybody else doing every other day fasting?

This topic contains 52 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  obliged 7 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)

• BigViking I think the reason for the 600 calories on fasting days isn’t just to make the fasting easier but more importantly to maintain muscle mass which is crucial to keeping metabolism up and other stuff like nutrients. I’ve read that at list 50% of the 600 or so calories should be from protein also. I used to think if less is good then even less is better but I realized after a few months that it wasn’t true.

BigViking, I with BobbieNoogie on that, I read Krista Varadies book on ADF, and she said in her trials she found the optimum weight loss without loosing muscle mass was th e 600 CAL’s, she tried it both ways and that’s was her results, scientifically 👍

Also, there has been a little bit of negative press for ADF for women. In particular for younger women under 50 who are not post-menopausal. Some of the research suggests there are some negative impacts of ADF for pre-menopausal women, for hormonal reasons! Some of the positive effects for men did not occur for women. Women also struggled more with hunger, anxiety and sleeplessness (if I remember correctly). In other words ADF seemed to suit men more.

So … as a woman I do go a little easier on a “down day” or length of “fasting” window. I would eat around 600-700 calories, and I would usually spread it over two mini-meals, rather than not eat all day for example. I am post-menopausal too, just, but I err on the cautious side with this.

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply.