Any new starters?

This topic contains 70 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  Steve59 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 51 through 71 (of 71 total)

• Hell! I started my first fast today. I made it through and am just about to go to sleep and wake up to breakfast soon; can not wait!
    I need to lose 20 pounds and am hoping to feel better. I am 4 years out from breast cancer and know that being overweight can increase my chances of recurrence. Well, I hope I can stick it out. So far, so good.
    Good luck to you all!

Hello! I started my first fast today. I made it through and am just about to go to sleep and wake up to breakfast soon; can not wait!
    I need to lose 20 pounds and am hoping to feel better. I am 4 years out from breast cancer and know that being overweight can increase my chances of recurrence. Well, I hope I can stick it out. So far, so good.
    Good luck to you all!

Hi I’m a new starter and I’m looking for a 5:2 diet iphone app recommendation, something that is a calorie counter and/or meal planner. Does anyone use an iphone app and find it helpful? Thanks!

Hi fellow newbies. I started this on 04/09/17 and have lost 13lbs so far – weigh in day tomorrow so I am hopeful for that last pound to have come off so I have lost a stone in total. I want to lose 3 and a half stones, preferably by April 2018. I do 2 FD’s a week, 500cals or less, Mon and Weds and I workout in the evenings on both of those days. A bodyattack (HIIT) and a body balance class(Yoga/Pilates) on Monday and a Circuits class followed by an hour in the spa on a Wednesday. It makes it easier to keep busy and to not have access to food. I am trying to stick to below my TDEE (not too strictly though tbh) on the other 3 weekdays but I eat exactly what I like at weekends. I feel this is a regime I can stick to as I do not like to feel like I am depriving myself lol. Good luck to us all.

Hi Zonagirl. My first day today, FD menu for today ready and calories counted. Feeling excited to try something new. How are you doing so far?

Hello, I started this weekend, I did Saturday & Sunday to see what it was like, and now I’ll be doing Monday and Thursday’s like a lot of you, but starting this Thursday 🙂

I was pleased to find out I could split the FD, I thought you had to do them together before I found this site ! 🙂

I also have an auto-immune disease, rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and I’m curious to see if by loosing 20 pounds it will help, not only with my overall health, but more specifically my R.A.

Nice to meet all of you 🙂

Hi Amber
    Just started it today. Male, 48, married and living near York. I currently weigh 16 stone and I’m wanting to shed about 3.5 stone! Could do with some moral support when needed and maybe offer some to others when they need it.

My wife and I (73 & 74 respectively) started on 9/28. She has lost 3.8 pounds and 1 ” off her waist and I have lost 6 pounds and 1.5″ inches off my waist. We fast on Mondays and Thursdays and have not encountered any problems. We plan to say on it until she loses 15 pounds and I lose 10 – and then either go to 1 day a week or up the calories by a couple hundred for Mondays and Thursdays.

Hi all 👋 started last Monday it seems to be going Ok, my only problem
    I’ve been getting horrible headaches 😖any one else had this happen,
    Only going to weigh in every 4 weeks don’t want to get obsessed with the scales,
    Not sure what TDEE Is any advice please would be gratefully accepted,
    You all sound a good bunch hope you don’t mind me joining in 😀

Hi Fosters and welcome:

Headaches are usually caused by not drinking enough water on diet days. You normally get quite a bit of water from food you eat, but on diet days you don’t get the amount you are used to getting. If drinking more water does not help, then add some salt to your diet.

TDEE is explained in a link in this thread, that will answer most of your questions: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Thankyou simcoeluv for the link, I will defo start drinking more see if it helps,

Hi Amber 22, I started Oct. 1 fasting on Suns and Weds. So far 1/2 stone down. British friends recommended this book to me and I think it is a lifestyle change. Not difficult, just keep celery handy for a quick low cal snack and drink lots of water and tea. I live in the U.S.

Hi Simcoeluv this is how many calories your body needs just to exist per day.

I started last week. So far I’m not having any problems. I skipped lunch many times and eating light for 2 days a week is not too big of a deal for me. I”m hoping it lowers my A1C but I’m doing it for tinnitus. I heard it helps so I’ll see if it helps.

Hi everyone! I used to do 5:2 several years ago and remember losing 10+ lbs and going down several dress sizes.
    I then stopped doing it and now after several years, I am back at it.
    I started again this week after going to an endocrinologist who told me that I had a slow metabolism and am overweight for my height. No kidding! I knew those things already LOL
    I am taking my health into my own hands. I would love to be a part of this group.
    my FD is Tuesday and Thursday. 🙂

Hi Thom and conversedaisy, have a look at a link simcoeluv sent me above,
    its worth a read, made me really laugh 😂 so true, I’m on week 3 getting the hang
    of it now, but I feel great not as bloated and daft as it sounds slimmer, not weighed
    myself yet don’t want to obsessive about it will do every four weeks, it doesn’t feel like a diet as it’s only two days a week so don’t have to think about 24/7
    Keep at it and good luck, keep us up to date 👍👍👍

Thank you @fostersgirl!!!! 🙂

Did my first fast, a true foodless fast, finishing yesterday morning. Went very well! Stayed “way” hydrated and had a quarter tsp salt about midway thru. The only issue I’m concerned about is that this morning, 24 hrs AFTER the fast ended I wasn’t down the usual 1 or 2 weekly pounds, I was down 5! I was and am hydrated and ate normally tho still carefully yesterday all day… I’ll weigh myself each morning and see what’s up…

Steve59, I am new to this, too. Just did my first one today. Didn’t eat all day. have leftovers in the oven for dinner. I will weigh in Thursday and Friday morning and record the lesser of the two. I am fasting on Mondays and Thursday. My work is really busy those days so I am hoping this will be an easy way to get caught up at work during my “lunch” and lose weight at the same time…

Congratulations to all of you who have decided to make Fasting a Lifestyle. I’ve been doing this with my husband for 4+ years and can tell you that it works.
    Stick with it, mind what you eat on Slow Days and you will be successful. There are lots of people on this Forum who will help you with questions if you have them.
    One thing I’ve discovered is how much I enjoy tweeking recipes to fit with Fasting or creating new recipes for Fast Days. There are now 2 file boxes full! And I’m happy to share.

Congrats on your victory against cancer! If you can fight like that you will reach any goal you set your mind to, no doubt!!

Viewing 21 posts - 51 through 71 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply.