Another Year has passed. 2016 6:1 Fast Maintenance (with photo)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Personal stories
Another Year has passed. 2016 6:1 Fast Maintenance (with photo)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  HappyNow 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• I try to pop in at least annually now. Since you lot changed/saved my life! At my very heaviest I was nearly 200 pounds. Even after trying every known fad diet I would always gain most of it back and be miserable while dieting. The 5:2 and now the 6:1 is the most amazing (and BEST) lifestyle change I have ever made. Hang in there…you can do it!

http://mymorningcup-chc.blogspot.com/2016/06/middle-of-the.html

Happy Fasting!

Carla

If you go to my profile on this site you can see my journey from day 1.

Well done, I’m envious that you’re at your chosen weight while we’re still going! But great example, and keeping it off too. Like the leather pants! A friend of mine had some in a lavender colour, I was very envious, they looked fab.

Apricot…the 5:2 probably saved my life. Seriously.

http://mymorningcup-chc.blogspot.com/2014/02/a-cup-of-success-52-diet.html

This was me before and after. Never give up. It really really works and after you get it off it is easy to maintain.

Happy Fasting!

Carla

Very inspiring, Carla! It’s really helpful to hear that you’ve been maintaining your goal weight with intermittent fasting successfully. And I love that you have a fun yardstick to measure your success by – those leather trousers!

Thanks for posting!! 😊

By the way, I saw your post listing some other goals for the year, and I was wondering if you had tried the Marie Kondo method for decluttering? Her book is a little crazy, but it really did change things for me, after a lifetime of disorganization and attempts to declutter. For some reason, it really clicked, and I’ve been one year clutter–free! Anyway, sorry to be off-topic, but I thought I would pass it along to thank you for your helpful post!

[post removed by request]

Happy Now,

The photos are not faked in any manner. Just taken from a digital camera and dumped directly.

Carla

lark22

Actually I am familiar with the Kondo method!

Carla

Sorry Carla, ‘fake’ was a bit strong, more forced perspective?!

@ Happy Now,

Seriously??? I have snapped a selfie once a year since I lost the weight. I don’t know what is the matter with people like you. Offhand, I would say A LOT. Look there was no guile. No forced perspective sought. I update because the 5:2 helped me reclaim my body and my health. I listened to a lot of people (some health-care professionals) try to portray this diet as unhealthy and that it couldn’t possibly work. I update to tell the beginners…the one who have just started the 5-2 that it is very possible, and once you’ve lost the weight, easily maintained.

I am 56 years old.

When I was in my late 20’s I weighed 98-115 pounds and constantly heard how “too thin” or “unhealthy” I looked. Ribs showed. In the years before I lost the weight I ballooned up to nearly 200 pounds…was called “fat” and many other (less kind) derogatory terms. Now I am at my IBW, and you have the gall to say that I manipulated perspective for a better “thigh gap”??? I could care less about my thigh gap. What I care about is the fact my last labs were perfect. That I have a waistline again and not a “roll” and that the weight loss came off, stayed off and is easily maintained.

I took the shot before meeting a friend at the mall.
    The whole thought process involved was “It has almost been another year”.

Well done Carla. I’m getting within half a kg of goal weight and wondering what next, so very glad to read your houghtful and helpful update.

Carla, Very, very well done! It is an inspiration to people like me who are just starting out that it can be achieved and, more importantly, maintained.
    Ignore negative comments. I’m sure Happy didn’t mean it the way it sounded. Online postings can sometimes come across in a way that would be somewhat softened if said face to face.

Roblynne, you too are to be congratulated – so very near to goal you will be there soon.

Sorry Carla! I’m digging myself a deeper hole. You’ve done fantastically well to lose weight and maintain it, and I’m not trying to suggest you haven’t. My comment related to one photo only, where your posture reminded me of the article in the link I posted… As you say, we’re no spring chickens, but we can celebrate being real success stories 🙂

Carla,

I have reported my original post since it clearly upset you. It wasn’t intended as a personal attack, but clearly you perceived it that way. Apologies.

Happy,

And I apologize for going from 0-nuclear in just a few posts. Your first comment hit me completely out of left field. I worked very hard to reclaim my body and health and it just struck me wrong.

Here is where I started (photograph) and finished

http://mymorningcup-chc.blogspot.com/2014/02/a-cup-of-success-52-diet.html

I am happy that the 5:2 worked for you as well!

(truce?)

Carla

Truce? Yes please 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply.