another good cook book

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dilly 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi everyone, I have now tried several recipes from “Fresh & Fast Vegetarian Recipes that Make a Meal” by Marie Simmons and my son and I have enjoyed them all — which is really unusual for a cookbook. Usually I will get a few ideas and only one or two really workable and delicious recipes from any one cook book. Some of the recipes can be adapted for fast days, others are just great-tasting vegetable dishes for normal eating days whether you want to eat a vegetarian diet or just enjoy a few vegetables on the side.

Thanks for the tip! I’m a veggie and I’m running out of new ideas.

I know how that goes! We especially like the “Cumin Black Beans with Blistered Tomatoes and Corn” (making burritos with this tonight) and the “Tuscan Kale, Tomato, and Avocado Salad”. For fast day tomorrow I’m going to adapt the miso soups from this cookbook and Mimi’s and also adapt the “Tuscan Kale Salad with Tamari and Sesame” (cutting back on the oil and the sesame seeds). I’ll also make rice for my son who is underweight and doesn’t fast. Lots of vegan recipes in this one that are just loaded with flavor.

Antony Worrell Thompson’s GL diet made Simple has some good recipes – all with calories per serving shown. I also have a good book called the Allotment Gardener’s book which has calories per serving shown and some great recipes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.