Anaemic and low haemoglobin levels

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fastdieter2 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anyone tried fasting successfully being anaemic and having low haemoglobin levels?

I cannot manage the 5:2 diet. I already feel dizzy and faint a lot and by reducing my calories so drastically it becomes really difficult.

Any advice?

Hi fastdieter2,

I haven’t been anemic as such though have struggled to keep my ferritin levels up into a healthy range. In other words, it is my iron stores that I impossible to raise and this did affect my health and when they were so low, I also wouldn’t have been able to fast since this had a flow on effect which made me hypothyroid because the thyroid medication I was taking wouldn’t work with such low iron stores.

Are you being treated or helped with your condition? I actually had to seek far and wide and try many things before I figured out and solved the underlying causes of my condition. I hope you are able to get to the bottom of yours and beyond so that fasting works for you.

Thank you for your response.

I have an appointment with the doctor next week who will prescribe ferrous sulphate supplements which hopefully should sort things out.

I have successfully fasted before so I know I can do it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.