Amazing April 🐣

This topic contains 348 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  stitchincarol 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 364 total)

• Week 2, NZ – FD
    I started 5:2 in 2015 and lost a lot of weight. It has steadily crept back on, esp over lockdowns. I have had back issues and scans, X-rays etc and have spinal stenosis and spondylolithesis. The surgeon mentioned bariatric surgery. I’m not doing that! I have arthritis in both hips and calculated at consult that $100,000 surgery was in the wings. That shook we awake. I’m in Week 2 of Fast 800 and have lost 3kg. I realise I need to change long term habits ie I have never regularly weighed myself throughout my life – that has changed. Weight loss is the only option available to me to improve my long term mobility outcomes. For pain relief I am taking CBD drops with THC which has been an amazing help – a revelation there! I have a long way to go 14kg to get to my goal weight. But I remember how good I felt back in 2016 when I lost all that weight. I am determined!

@steady-wins-the-race — this is one terrific group to keep you on that race! My mother had spondylolithesis as well, and 2 back surgeries really gave almost no relief. I’m right with you that getting the extra weight off will really make a difference! I have 3 degenerated disks (that I didn’t realize I had until I lost 40 pounds (18+ kg) and saw the vertebrae protruding. T 11, T12, L 1 is the area. Really don’t have pain often, but I have had some numbness in my legs when I sit too long.

So, I am right with you on this journey, as are the others on this forum.

Hugs to you across the oceans!

Day 25 Ohio, US — MFD

Today has turned out much better than yesterday. I even got in a full fifty minutes of exercise! It’s been a while since I’ve been able to do that.

@steadywinstheready The group here will definitely help keep you steady! Already you’ve made great progress!

@kittymom78 One of the amazing things about 5:2 is the ability to switch the FD’s. While I usually fast on Monday, next Monday I’m going to have a minor medical procedure, so I’ll switch the FD to Tuesday.

@stitchincarol When I lived in an area with that wind, the thing that was most difficult for me was that the wind never ceased. It was like living in a perpetual wind tunnel! Oh yes! There is an affinity between math people and music people. When I was in school the group I was in had an even mix of math and music people. It was great!

Day 26 – Tuesday– Gold Coast Queensland Australia – FUN DAY (FD)

Confession…. yesterday’s FUN DAY (FD) did not go to plan 😝😖😞!

So rolling over my FUN DAY (FD) to today. As @matpi says, “One of the amazing things about 5:2 is the ability to switch the FD’s.” So today it is!

Wonderful to see another friend joining us .. hello to @steadywinstherace! and hi again to @kittymom78. Like both of you, I had reached my goal weight back in 2019 with 5:2 and then maintained happily for quite a while on 6:1 before slipping off the WOL (Way of Life 6:1 maintenance regimen). I think it is a lesson quite a few of us here have learnt the hard way and then come back to basics with 5:2 with support at the Forum! I’m sure your spinal issues will improve as you go… and we will all support you with that.

Well, we are on the final straight now for AMAZING APRIL and have my fingers crossed 🤞🤞 that each of you will cross the finish line a little lighter than the start line. 🐴🐴🐴 To be sure, to be sure ☘☘ even if it’s not the goal we’d set, at least we will have learnt a little more about the process and what works or not for us.

I’ll just pop in the April spreadsheet link here so, if you had entered your 1st April weight and goals, you can see where you are now as we head down the final week.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ohp6TH1kgYuUgllHs0y3OLjTGVPZgdTv2FqNKWhb6H4/edit?usp=sharing

So, for me, pocket list again today:
    @linda.b

Day 26 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Another fabulous day by the lake yesterday, one I haven’t been to for quite a while, so thoroughly enjoyed it. Cool fresh breeze blowing but magnificent, loads of bird life around as well. Needless to say after the long walk, gallons of fresh air, Mrs I-h-l sorted out nice ‘lightweight’ but filling meal, I slept like the proverbial log 😉

Might not be around for the next few days, son and DIL visiting for a few days, so going to be busy with them. Where on earth has this month gone? Time seems to be flying past at the moment, luckily I’m ahead of jobs so as the odd unexpected one lands I’m not struggling for time.

@steady-wins-the-race – welcome to the group, you’ll find all sorts of helpful encouragement here amongst our day to day ramblings 🙂

Take care all

Day 26 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Hope all keeping well. My weight has gone up again so bit annoyed. FD it is.

Day 26 NFD country west Australia
    Covid hit me worse than expected. I had such a very very mild case but it left me extremely tired.
    I could sleep right now ( except I now have very disrupted sleep ) and it is only mid afternoon.
    Have lost my sense of taste for some things and craving carbs ??
    Haven’t done a good FD for some days as it seems such a hassle.
    But onward and downward… hopefully.😴

Day 26 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@steady-wins-the-race – welcome to the forum!

@matpi – I love the flexibility of this WOL too, & I’ve changed up my FDs this week to Wed & Fri.

@stitchincarol, @jaifaim – I thought yesterdays Wordle was brutal. I eventually cracked it, but not until late afternoon. Sometimes if I struggle with it in the morning I have to leave it alone for a few hours & then go back to it.

Boo Boo is officially a serial killer, after bringing home another mouse the other day 😳 At least she kills them first; unlike a friend’s cat who brings them home alive & leaves her to catch them again 😅

Pocket List – Day 26 🍏
    @linda.b
    @daffodil2010

Day 26 UK NFD

Welcome @steady-wins-the-race and @kittymom78👋

@stitchincarol – feel your pain , I too am stuck in being “good” 4 days a week and reversing all my good work over the weekend , I’m fairly sure IF I could just get rid of 10lb I’d be able to maintain fairly happily without the massive swings / guilt/ anxiety, but ……well I don’t know . I’ll keep experimenting

Yesterdays wordle was a killer! I admire your patience @funshipfreddie , I’m a 15 min max player 😖

Day 26 – Ireland – CD🚫 ✅ 🚶🏻‍♀️

Welcome @steady-wins-the-race! Great to have you with us 👍 we all support each other and are here for you too. Well done on your losses already and wishing you every success getting back to feeling good. 💕 The first steps should always be the steps we can take to help ourselves… easier said than done sometimes but it’s true…

I had a good exercise day too @matpi and I think I’m seeing the result of that on the scales.. not back to ATL yet but going in the right direction ⬇️ after a EFS weekend. steadywinstherace Please read intro post on Day 1 for explanation of abbreviations/ acronyms etc 👍

My FD yesterday was ok but slightly over as had a last minute guest call in last night after our 16 km walk… an shur we had to refeed…I’ll be mindful today. So @linda.b FDs sometimes really are fun days… what can you do 😂😂

@lilymartin I’m so sorry to hear you have been hit so badly .. so many I know had mild symptoms but are now l drained… or bad symptoms and ok afterwards.. what an awful illness it is 😠🦠

@daffodil2010… just a day… good for renewed focus but you’ll drop again ⬇️💪

@i-hate-lettuce enjoy the family visit and look forward to catching up at the end of the month. This month had absolutely flown!!!
    I’m not sure if we have a volunteer to host next month… I’m happy to host again if not as it really just ticks over but someone might like to take it on …

Must get back to work, do my wordle… very little exercise today… I’m tired after two big 🚴‍♀️🚶🏻‍♀️days… and need to rest my body…

@funshipfreddie there are days where I get frustrated with wordle and just have to leave it… sometimes I forget to go back to it and am disgusted… 😂
    Hi @brightonbelle just spotted your post… weekends are the worst … but also the best 🎉… ah life… we will get there 👍💪👍

Have a really lovely day everybody.
    We are such a great supportive group and I was saying to my friends last night that we should just imagine where we would be if we were not helping our bodies with good diet and exercise… I can’t even imagine how I’d be feeling… 🤔

Those of you who are not posting I hope you are ok and we would love to hear from you 💕

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 26 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 215 lbs. Very happy about today’s WFD.

@stitchincarol I am also mixing it up a bit. I’m trying ADF with WFDs, and yesterday threw in an OMAD (ok, about a 3-4 hour eating “window”). There is a guy on YouTube that has a huge 5,000 calorie OMAD meal (and works out heavily) and maintains weight. It’s a bit disgusting to watch all that food mixed up and going down in one meal, actually, and from what I learned from Fung — eating lots of sugar is going to be awful for the body long-term, even with good weight loss results. But I was subconsciously impressed, then influenced. So I decided, “do it once now so you can measure the results and not get into the bad habit of doing this!” I had a double portion of what I would have for a normal meal (noooo, shame!), and polished off more leftovers even after feeling “full.” I felt miserable.

But it was a bit of a science experiment. I gained about the same amount of weight back as I would have done anyway, had I eaten heavily on any regular spaced-apart meal on a NFD. Curious to see how much falls away tomorrow.

However, my thought on this is — what if I had been more mindful and had a sensible meal for the OMAD and kept that window to about an hour (err, and less chocolate cake, lasagna and fried rice *hiding away*)? Would the weight gain had been much less with fewer carbs and a reasonable portion? I’m thinking, “yes,” especially when sandwiched between two WFDs.

I won’t do another OMAD this week, but today and Thursday will be WFDs. I am curious about experimenting with this again in an upcoming week in May.

Pocket List – Day 26 🍏
    @linda.b
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia

Day 26 16:8 CD

Yesterday’s fast went fine- but we unexpectedly had to be out and about so I didn’t have stew, I had a really big salad day. 😀

Been thinking about the non FD eating I do. I would be struggling more except I still have rules in those non fast days. 16:8 and no food after 8pm are really helping me not get in trouble. Also, I made a pretty firm rule that items with added sugar (processed or home made) amount over 1g per serving are desserts only -not snacks or meal replacements. Do I break my rules? Of course I do. But mindfully and occasionally. My free eating but exercise plentiful vacation provides ample evidence that not having rules puts the weight on me quickly.

When I dieted in the past, my difficulty was the mindset of ‘oh, I already blew my diet today, so anything goes.’ That is why 5:2 is so right for me. If I blow a fast day, then I reschedule it. If I break a rule and give in to a temptation I mentally snap back to rules for the rest of the day (and following days) and try to minimize the guilt or ‘I already blew it so anything goes’ responses.

And the extra motivation of avoiding a miserable night of reflux certainly reinforces my no food after 8pm rule.

I know this is an individual thing. What works for me won’t be an answer for anyone (and works for me currently- might not as time goes in) but I find such good thoughts and strategies by reading what you all do, so thought I’d share in case it sparks something for someone else.

Yesterday I felt very satisfied – I dropped off a huge load of clothing and various sundry at goodwill. That two dozen or so good quality solid color jersey T shirts of my Mothers included. I stopped in the store as well (iirc the last time I shopped for personal stuff was pre-pandemic) and picked up three cardigans. I’m thrilled, my current cardigans are huge and do me no favours in the looks department. Even more thrilled that I found a navy cardigan, I have needed one in that colour for years. Ever since I rejoined the 5:2 WOL I am cold in my extremities (in between hot flashes, that is) at the temps that my husband is comfortable so a cardigan sweater is almost always a permanent part of my outfit and it is so nice to have ones that actually fit!

Today’s weather could not be more beautiful- sunny and high of 75°(24C) and the extreme humidity of the past week has abated. I see no workers in the trees or roofs of my neighbors-so I’m off to go outside to exercise now.

Thinking good thoughts to everyone.

Day 26 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

Three days of giving myself permission to eat “whatever I want, but try to regain some restraint” has taken away so much guilt and frustration. And it turns out I don’t actually want to eat that much, I just don’t want so many limitations on myself. I even toyed with not doing a WF today, but realized it’s what I WANT to do, so I am. And, nice news, the rapid weight gain came to a screeching halt and I’ve leveled out at 5.2 pounds up from last week’s low. Again, I’m certain that’s just added bulk, so we’ll see what the scales say tomorrow. The nice treat will be not feeling limited in what I allow myself to eat–for example, I ate the last of an Easter rice dish yesterday, the first I’d had of the leftovers, and it gave me SUCH joy to be “allowed” to eat it. That was a huge insight into why I’ve gone so nuts on Fridays and Saturdays.

So I have lots to think about in how I’ll plan May, which leads to the big question: anyone interested in hosting May??

@kittymom78 That’s what makes 5:2 such a perfect approach to eating, is that you can live life and still do your fasting thing; perfect decision to eat pizza and fast the next day.

@jaifaim LOL, so funny that the word that had me steaming with frustration was successful for you on the third try!

@steady-wins-the-race Welcome to this group; we’ll cheer you on and pull you over the humps in the road!

@matpi I had a meeting last night, and as I walked home, I finally figured out what had me so startled. I walked in the door, and urged my husband to come outside. He did, and I was silent, waiting for him to figure it out. It took only five seconds for his eyes to get wide and to whisper, “There’s no wind!” 🤣🤣🤣 Right now, winds are less than 2mph. GLORIOUS.

@i-hate-lettuce Have a lovely time with DS and DIL!

@daffodil2010 The challenge to lose weight is very real, isn’t it? Never lose sight, however, of the important detail that you’re HERE, and you aren’t thirty pounds heavier; I’m certain that staying with the forum and making the effort has seen to that, so there’s a positive. Eventually you will figure out your body’s “secret” to successful weight loss. 🤗

@lilymartin The fatigue is astonishing, isn’t it? So sorry you’ve struggled so, and hope you start to feel some real improvement soon!

@funshipfreddie Oh, how funny to have a cat bring home a LIVE mouse, LOL!!

@brightonbelle Yeah, the 4 days v. The Weekend fight is truly a source of massive swings/guilt/anxiety. And, to me, what made yesterday’s word so tough–I can say this now, right?–is that it was two syllables; I don’t expect that, so am never trying out options for that possibility.

@northgeorgia Yeah, sometimes we just need to switch it up, huh? One of the things that’s hit me is that I almost never have cooked a “lovely meal” over the past two months, while I was doing that every time I turned around before, because I love to cook, and love to try new recipes, and love to make the meal feel special and celebratory even when it’s merely a Wednesday. So, I’m done with so many rules and restrictions. Was it a subconscious thing because it was Lent? Perhaps. But I must learn restraint–daily restraint, and that’s my goal now, to eat more normally, but practice reasonable restraint always, as I did for decades. <<snort!>> I make it sound so simple, huh? NOT!! 🤷‍♀️😜🤣🤣

@mariaelena I’ve always slept well…like, REALLY well. Until, that is, my 50s, when I found myself waking up for hours at a time. (huh. It just hit me that my 50s is also when I really started gaining weight. I wonder if there’s another connection than the one I’m about to share?) So, not sleeping well for the last five or more weeks has been very depressing to me. Once or twice a week is bearable, but every night? It’s been quite awful. Your comment about not eating after 8 because of reflux got me to wondering if having food in my system has been part of waking up. Don’t know, but I’ve resolved not to eat or drink (except water) after 7 (since that used to be the norm for me, once upon a time) and see if that helps. Wouldn’t that be a lovely discovery??

Pocket List – Day 26 🍏
    @linda.b
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol

Day 26 Ohio, US — NFD

Some friends came to town and we had lunch at a French restaurant. I had a small quiche and a blueberry tart for lunch. And then, since we were still talking later in the afternoon, for tea I had a cup of tea and some sort of pastry. I’m not sure if it was that food or something else, but this evening I’ve had a big energy drain. So this check-in has to be short.

Have a great mid-week everyone!

Day 27 – Ireland – FD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏻‍♀️

Good morning everyone.

I’ve woken tired today but did do a lot of gardening last night as the weather was lovely here. It was supposed to be a rest day but I went out to just pull some weeds and ended up doing quite a bit of planting and clearing up.

I must get myself up now and go for a walk before work. @stitchincarol I too have been a great sleeper all my life until recent years … now I often walk up at 3.30-4 and find it difficult to go back. HRT has helped but not quite cured that.. I take magnesium now too… I try to wind down in evenings, not eat too late, etc but sometimes that’s difficult.

@matpi sorry to hear you were feeling wiped – it probably could be the sugar/carbs but hopefully you are back to good form today.

@northgeorgia a 3-4 eating window for a OMAD? I can’t imagine the size of the meal – my goodness 🤔 well done on your WFD 👏

Ok Up and out… a shorter walk than usual… I should have got up earlier… 🙃

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket list Day 27 🐪
    @jaifaim

Day 27 – Wednesday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – (NFD)

@lilymartin…. so good to see you back, both Betsylee (Melbourne) and you disappeared from the downunder posts and I felt a little lonely down here on my own! Not good for you with the fatiguing effects of Covid…. so many people seem to have the same issues regardless of whether they had a mild or strong dose of the lurgy. Hopefully you will rally soon; it is so very hard focussing on the IF when you’re not 100%. I know, like me, you also have a goal to reach before the new haircut. I’ve kind of slowed down on a plateau and a bit disappointed but will continue with a re-set in May and hopefully by end of May will be sitting in the hairdresser’s chair for a hair makeover! Hope you will join me on this goal, but take it slowly and get yourself feeling well first! 😊

@mariaelena .. you’ve given us all words of wisdom there, thank you. I’m hearing you about the cold extremities while on the IF, especially about the in between the hot flushes (in Australia we call them hot flushes so its interesting to see the US calls them hot flashes…. both well describe this curse!)

No walking this morning, just couldn’t face another rainy morning plod!

Tomorrow is my last FUN DAY (FD) for AMAZING APRIL…. and then seriously need to look at re-setting myself for a much better result in May!

cheerie dearies

Day 27 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

I won’t be hitting goal thus month but will carry on regardless. Being a woman of a certain age I am finding the past year or so next to impossible to lose weight…but as long as I am not gaining, it’s better to maintain than to gain eh?

I am doing my daily exercise, Cardio leaping about in the morning, then a walk, lots of stretches, feeling strong and limber, so that’s good news.

@stitchincarol and @jaifaim, my sleep is normally great these days, I spray megnesium onto soles of feet at night, I take a sleepy herbal tea at bedtime, I also have a grounding sheet, plus HRT the past months….last night I fell asleep at 10pm and slept through to 5.45am 😄 It wasn’t always like that, and there is a lot to do to get the sleep right, but once it’s right, the rest of the day is better.

Have a great Wednesday all.

Day 27 – UK – FD
    Day 25-26 – NFD

I was in touch with my Australian family/friends on Monday as many remembered the ANZACs – which stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps – The date marks the anniversary of the landing of Australian and New Zealand soldiers – the Anzacs – on the Gallipoli Peninsula in 1915 -“They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old”

Busy start to the week and definitely no fasting involved 🤭 so time to pull up my big girl pants and end this challenge on a serious note!!

Joined DD to help her out with her dog walking business yesterday – 4 different coastal walks each involving 2/3 🐕🐕🐕 and fab weather too 😎
    Good news is that my exercise classes have restarted after what felt like a long Easter break – great yoga class on Monday evening and HIP (high impact pilates) class yesterday evening – Yoga again this morning 🧘‍♀️

@kittymom78 – the amazing thing about 5:2 is the ability to switch the FDs to suit your life and remembering that a bad day does not a bad week make
    @matpi – hope whatever you ate that disagreed with you has sorted itself out and that you’re now feeling better 🤗
    @steady-wins-the-race – welcome on board – sounds like you are on the right track and know what to do – joining these challenges offers great support and motivation
    @i-hate-lettuce – Agreed we have been spoilt with some great weather 🌤 and it has been so nice to be out there enjoying it 🚶‍♀️😎 Enjoy the family visit
    @lilymartin – sorry to hear that you are still suffering some Covid side effects despite only having a mild dose – take care 🤗
    @funshipfreddie – Boo Boo 🐈 is officially a serial killer!!! Bringing you something means she loves you 🤣
    @mariaelena – I always enjoy reading your musings

Need to go get organised to head out to my Yoga class, then a bit of volunteering and I have the treat of a relaxing facial booked for late afternoon to look forward to 🤞a busy day will keep me on track for a good OMAD FD

Has anyone volunteered to host May?? If not I’ll be happy to do as June is birthday month for both myself and OH and there will be some feasting involved….and I need to give myself some wriggle room before then 🤣🤣

Pocket list Day 27 🐪
    @jaifaim
    @at

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 27, London, UK, FD800

Quick post from me ………..

So, you know when you think you’ve posted only to find it’s actually been 5 whole days!!??🤣

Anyway, the weekend derailment is history and the reset button has been taped down. The aim to rock my lovely skirt on the 14th still may be possible, but I’m going to need to find some a whole heap of mojo somewhere!!!💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽

I haven’t caught up on recent posts, hoping everyone is doing well and trundling towards their April goals …………………. I can’t actually believe it’s nearly MAY!!! You know your getting old when time starts to fly like this😱😱😱

“Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.”

Day 27 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Ugh, not in the mood for a FD, but…here goes. And at least I’m not alone🙂

@at – I don’t think anyone else has volunteered yet; so if you’re hosting May – thank you!

Happy Hump Day y’all 🐫

Pocket list – Day 27 🐪
    @jaifaim
    @at
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie

Day 27 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 212 lbs (so close to 211 this morning). I’ve been tracking my 10-day trend. Since mid-March, the trend has been weight gain of about 4 lbs. But in the past week or so, there’s been a trend downward of about 1 lb. So I still have a bit to go to get back where I was in March, but hopefully I’ll be there in May plus a little more. If I can get back on track and keep it up, I’ll reach my short-term goal of 203 lbs by the end of spring.

@jaifaim I won’t be doing OMAD that way ever again LOL! But it was the reason 5:2 was for me as opposed to 16:8 or OMAD in the first place. I can’t stop myself with that kind of restriction. But a whole day, no problem. Go figure.

Day 27 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Whatever I want

I do realize that “whatever I want” is the same as an NFD, but I’m really working at soothing myself and my subconscious that we’re done now with the demands I’ve been putting on myself, so I’m not even using 5:2 language. I will again, but for now I’m taking a break from thoughts of losing weight, and the language that accompanies that plan.

@jaifaim Despite being so tired this morning, I’ll just bet you’re thrilled to see all the progress you made last night!

@daffodil2010 I did sleep fine last night (after wondering if eating late was disrupting my sleep, and yesterday was a WFD) but tonight will be the bigger story since I’ll have food in me. But I’ll stick to no food/drink after 7 or 8 and that may tell me something. In the meantime, I’m thrilled for you that you’re sleeping so well now!

@at You must miss SEEING your Australian family/friends. Do you ever?

@flourbaby I’m fully understanding your desire to wear a special skirt for a special event. You can find all the RESOLVE you need, I KNOW you can, friend! 💪💪💪💪

@funshipfreddie Isn’t it funny how a FD becomes a “THING” that we’re not in the mood for, and yet it’s just another day with a specific menu?

@northgeorgia I too find WFDs almost effortless…compared to the buckets of willpower (and won’tpower) required on TRE and OMAD. So silly, yet true.

I have a lovely menu planned for tonight, and am quite looking forward to the making of it, and then the eating of it. Lots to do during the rest of the day, so best get started. Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 27 – FD 800

So groggy this morning because we stayed up late. As so many have discussed, sleep is so important!

My sister recommended sleep CDB drops I have been trying those for about a week. The sleep tracking app says I’m getting better sleep – so I’m hopeful even though honestly, I have not noticed much difference.

@linda.b Hot Flushes are a good descriptive term as well. My husband has coined a new term “whoosh”. ‘You are having a whoosh again, aren’t you’ lol. We have had to make a rule – he is the only one in charge of the house thermostat because I’m always too cold or in the midst of a whoosh. Can’t really blame the hot flashes for my cold extremities, they just make it more noticeable. I have naturally low blood pressure (not alarming so, just at the very low end of normal) and I think that is the cause of my colder extremities. The extra 40 lb I was carrying had my blood pressure up to higher levels, and so I’m noticing the cold more now.

@linds.b and @at I’m glad my musings are worthwhile. I know I often use this place as kinda a sounding board to think health and weight issues through. It helps me not fixate on these things elsewhere and I don’t have to bore my friends/loved ones with them. Putting these thoughts into words helps settle and calm my mind.

@at – how goes the Yoga? I keep thinking I’d love to do a class, but for now that is out of reach. I do use the dog position (downward dog?) for stretching and check to make sure I can still do the tree pose. I do a catch all of mobility exercises (like standing on one leg and getting up from the floor without using hands, etc.) but am sure I would benefit from an experienced guide.

@funshipfreddie – me too! I’m not in the mood for a FD today and actually when groggy this morning thought it was Thursday and my 2 FD were already behind me. Lol was really disappointing to remember it was my scheduled Wed FD.

My weigh-in today was 135.5 so I’m pretty much officially at pre vacation weight again. I have to admit, I’m often surprised to see myself in a mirror unexpectedly- I don’t think of myself as looking so healthy. Overweight me became the ‘norm’ in my mind.

Which reminds me, on vacation my sister and father both noticed and commented on how well I was looking, my friends and other sibs never mentioned a word. Honestly, I was very surprised my papa mentioned it at all. But, I’m hopeful that my sister might be my weight training partner (over a Zoom- FaceTime type of arrangement) – as the three of us discussed mobility issues quite a bit. My getting up from the floor while holding a heavy object may have motivated them both to do a bit more, I admit.

I had to navigate stairs quite a lot on vacation and my lifelong knee oddity does make that a bit of a struggle. (We stayed on the second story in Chicago). Living in a one story house, with no access to staircases – I was glad it wasn’t worse. My exercise apps are always prodding me to do more stairs, lol, but the few places that are multi-story here always have inaccessible staircases usually with fire exit alarms so that is a no-go.

The weather once again today is ideal, sunny and perfect temp. I’m a mosquito magnet in the summer, so I enjoy getting outside before they get bad. I trimmed and weeded the rose bushes yesterday. Today I might take up some Oak tree droppings from the backyard. Alarmingly, last night we found a dead cat in the lawn, probably killed by a wild coyote – so I’m a tad apprehensive- I’d really rather not find another or worse. Still, I need to take advantage of the outdoors while I can.

I’m procrastinating here, as I drink my coffee, the sunbeam on my shoulders and the cats nuzzled to my sides feels so good. But the day awaits!

Wishing all well.

Day 27 – Ireland – FD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏻‍♀️

Second post.
    @linda.b I hope you are feeling ok… it’s so not like you not to walk… I hope the rain has cleared for you and that you did get out as it’s been such a joy for you 🚶🏻‍♀️. (I really would prefer if this emoji stood up straight 😂.. it’s ready slouchy 😂 – I think I’m weird)

Great to see you back @flourbaby – yes you shall go to the ball (wear your skirt 😊) 👗
    @at thank you for volunteering to host May – so very kind and I look forward to doing better in May – not doing too badly here this month but “could do better” 😂
    @stitchincarol I did wake up thinking at least I achieved something at home rather than hightailing it out and leaving all those chores on the “forever to do list”….I’m terrible for accepting any excuse to be out and about… the house is tidy and neat but does need some TLC but… that can wait.
    The garden looks great today 🪴

So, speaking of which, off for a little cycle and will relax later.. FD going ok… must keep the faith 💪. Also finding it a little tough today ….

And @mariaelena isn’t it just so wonderful for others to notice your hard work…bravo to you!!! 👏 Sometimes those close to us can’t see it.. and dare I say this? Sometimes they don’t want to see it? 🤔

3 more days… just 3 more days…
    Final push now to the 30th . 👏👏👏

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 27 Ohio, US — NFD

Sorry all. This will have to be short. Definitely under the weather with allergies. Eating was according to plan.

Day 28 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Quick call in to book a ticket for todays pocket list, I’m glad it’s my routine day for a FD, I feel as though I need it today.
    Problem with visitors, Mrs IHL likes to feed them and there’s been too much food around for the last couple of days, luckily they don’t drink much alcohol otherwise the ‘Inner Warthog’ might have been sniffing around!

Take care all

Pocket list day 28
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 28 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

So yesterday I got the results of my abdominal CT scan, (cramping pain in the appendix area since my appendectomy that comes out of nowhere and is excruciating) and there is something that warrants further investigation but probably a simple gynae thing.

So I processed this yesterday and now I just get on with it and wait for the ultrasound end of May. I feel so wonderfully healthy so I have positive thoughts.

No FD today…I am kind of like @stitchincarol‘s “whatever I want” but I know that will be healthy tasty foods, plenty of water, no wine until the weekend. Oh, and it’s another bank holiday weekend in Ireland for May Day. Yay 😄

@mariaelena I do love your musings, and you have reminded me that I need to source a nice navy cardigan for my trip to Andalucia next month….days will be warm but a cardi over the shoulders in the evening will be required. Sorry you found a dead cat in your yard though. 😨

Have a great Thursday everyone. Together we are stronger.

Day 28 – Ireland – CD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏻‍♀️

Morning all. Happy with a little drop on the scales to 158.9lbs. Not yet back to ATL or near my ideal weight but moving in the right direction…. ⬇️ 🥳 I feel I could do a FD today but… not sure I’m able and this needs to be sustainable so will go with CD.

@i-hate-lettuce those darn visitors!!! They’ve been knocking a few of us off the rails 🚃 😂

I am very glad to hear that they did find something @daffodil2010 – I know that sounds strange but I always think it’s better to know what you might be dealing with… while it’s difficult to hear that there is something else acting up in your body but hopefully they can work it out and it will be a simple problem that you can treat … no better woman 💪

I like your musings too @mariaelena… I have a pretty active mind and am constantly wondering about things (like middle of the night last night bien sur) so it’s great to see you penning your thoughts… it is very good for us to declutter our minds 🤯
    I’ve bought so many jumper and cardis since working from home… so cosy!

@matpi I hope the allergies ease today 🤧

Ok work calls. Enjoy your day everybody.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 28 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Another FD done & dusted. And I survived 🙂 But I don’t think Hump Day FDs will become a regular thing. @stitchincarol – I think it’s because I only eat two meals per day on NFDs, I really look forward to lunch. So I do feel quite deprived (not so much hungry) on fast days until mid-afternoon. After that it’s all downhill. I think I need to do one more before the end of the month. But not today!

@jaifaim – I have the perfect cure for overcoming guilt about any overdue house chores. Just spend a few minutes watching one of those hoarders reality shows on YouTube. I have a sort of morbid fascination with them. I know hoarding is a psychological disorder, but I still find it mind-boggling how people can live like that. And then there’s hoarding & just living in filth because there’s so much junk that you haven’t been able to access your bathroom for a decade or so. Just… words fail me 😱

Pocket List – Day 28 🥕
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 28 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs. Not really happy with this weight. Missed my 206 lb goal for April this month by 3 lbs due to a net increase. It was interesting to experiment. After a FD, an uncontrolled OMAD and a regular 3-meal day (both of questionable choices) had a similar effect on weight gain. My next question, which may come about next week, is what happens with a controlled OMAD NFD sandwiched between two FDs? And is there any difference between that and a sandwiched regular CD day?

Like @stitchincarol, I would be more successful getting back to cooking at home and rejecting the leftovers from restaurant meals. I have to really commit in May to get this weight where it needs to be.

Pocket List – Day 28 🥕
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @northgeorgia

Day 28 – UK – FD

Yesterday’s planned FD sadly didn’t happen but today is a new day and I am RESOLVED that it will be a FD – Started the day with an energetic Aerobics Class and will be ending it with a Pilates class at 6pm.

@flourbaby – I’m with you in needing to find some a whole heap of mojo somewhere!!!💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽
    @northgeorgia – join us in finding our respective mojo!! Together We Can Do This
    @stitchincarol – my last visit was in 2018 – pre pandemic I used to go visit every couple of years but obviously this hasn’t happened recently – perhaps next year??? Thank God for FT at least I can see and talk to them regularly x
    @mariaelena – I love my yoga practice – started in 2015 and I now do 2 regular classes a week and sometimes also follow a video – I like “Yoga with Adrienne” you can google her she has all different levels and I find her easy to follow.
    @daffodil2010 – hope your follow up ultrasound confirms a diagnosis and a treatment plan to sort out those horrible symptoms 🤗

As I have time today I will set up the May challenge and spreadsheet and post it a bit later – should keep me motivated for my much needed FD today!

Pocket List – Day 28 🥕
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @northgeorgia
    @at

Day 28 UK FD

Hoping to finish the month on a high but I know it’s not been the best for me

Thank you for volunteering for May @at 👏and I second your recommendation for Yoga with Adriene , there something for everyone in her vast selection on YouTube

Pocket List – Day 28 🥕
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @brightonbelle

Day 28 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

I showed reasonable restraint yesterday. The restraint that came rather easily to me when I was 32 was better than what I showed yesterday, but what I showed yesterday was better than what I’ve been showing on most Fridays and Saturdays since Christmas, so I take that as a solid success. Part of my “success”? I made a lovely dinner with lovely flavors and textures. Remember our conversation about needing texture when we eat in order to be satisfied? Yup. I’m hoping I’m on to something concrete to help me with successful weight loss. Occasionally I can allow myself to be extreme in what I ask of myself, but I mustn’t do it for as long a stretch as I’ve been doing since the first of the year; that’s now clear to me.

So many of you have mentioned CDB drops that I’m getting tempted to try them. I slept pretty decently last night, so will continue my experiment to see if not eating into the evening up until I go to bed improves my sleep before I add in another option to measure.

@mariaelena You must be adoring your current weight, and I’m quite envious. Well done!

@jaifaim Well, a “forever to do list” for a home is admittedly a bummer, but getting out and doing things is also excellent for your well-being, so it’s a reasonable exchange. And the fact that your house is tidy and neat AND your garden is tidy and neat as well? I’d say you’ve every justification to get out and about as much as you want!

@matpi Such a bummer that you’ve been feeling so awful for so long; I do hope you improve soon!

Ahhh, @i-hate-lettuce, I know exactly what you’re talking about when you say there’s too much food around because Mrs IHL is cooking for your kids. I do the same, and always gain weight when they’re visiting. You’ll drop it again once they’ve left. 👍 And what a joy to gather to eat the lovely things Mrs IHL is preparing!

@daffodil2010 Wow, I can see why you needed some time to process the results of your CT scan, and imagine you’ll be impatient to get that ultrasound. It must not be terribly worrisome to the medical staff since you have to weight an entire month for it; it would be scheduled far sooner if they were concerned, don’t you suppose?

@jaifaim Nice drop on the scale; those are always welcome! Are you still working from home, then?

@funshipfreddie Yeah, those hoarder shows always leave me speechless. One of my sisters is not as bad as what they show on the TV shows, but she’s BAD, and I’m horrified to consider that, since she’s not married and has no kids, when she dies, my other two sisters and I will be responsible for clearing out her stuff. Hopefully she’ll have managed to downsize by then, although I don’t hold out much hope.

@northgeorgia Could you bear to leave the restaurant leftovers on your plate? Could you be more disciplined about what you order? I often look at menus online before I go, and admire all the carb-heavy options while online, and then figure out what will be the healthiest for me to order and then order it when I get there. Even better, ask a friend to order it for you, and then find a way to be away from the table (arrive late, go the restroom, take a call, whatever) so you’re not tempted to order something else. Thoughts…🤗

@at Thanks so much for hosting May!

I was listening to that doctor’s YouTube video (finally!) the other day–perhaps one that @funshipfreddie posted?–and was interested when he said that once you’re 70 and older, a BMI of around 27 is healthier for you. That got me to thinking that if I want to be around 22/23 BMI AND be healthy, I have only 7 years to do it. Food for thought. Perhaps motivation. We’ll see. 🤣🤣🤣

Pocket List – Day 28 🥕
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @brightonbelle (editing to add you, as our posts crossed!)
    @stitchincarol WFD

Okay, off to start my day!

Day 28 16:8 CD

Yesterday’s fast day was successful but required some high levels of self control. I really wanted to snack all night. I’m glad we have nothing much snackable about in the house.

A nice neighbor I’ve never met came by last night. She has lost her dcat and has hired a ‘pet tracker’ who will be poking about our yard (and others) with some trained dogs. I have never heard of such a service and I’m intrigued. I feel badly for her, I hope she is successful. We chatted for a while and I showed her the typical cat escapes and hiding places we know of in our yard. That will be helpful info for the pet tracker, she said.

Her name, she said (twice, once to me, once to my husband) is Caren “with a ‘C’. Given the unfortunate connotations with the name Karen, I’d probably emphasize the ‘C’ myself if it were my name – but that made me sad she felt she had to do that, she is really a lovely lady.

We have coyotes in the area, and we do find cat remains from time to time after the coyotes attack them, so I do hope her indoor cat is safe and found today.

Did I mention we installed a permanent pet door on our garage? It is way too small for a coyote and we wanted to give our special neighborhood cats a safe escape if necessary. Mostly we see our tuxedo cats (‘’the Oreos” we call them – the three that were kittens last fall) and an sweet old fixed gray Tomcat we call ‘uncle Shadow’ but occasionally a less permanent backyard feline comes in to check it out. Our four regulars will often come in at night to sleep in some cozy places we arranged there in bad weather. As the temps raise we are less of them – but occasionally I will go to do laundry and find one sleeping on top of my car.

We would love to be able to catch and fix the Mama cat – but she keeps a big distance and avoided all our trap attempts. We think she has kittens again, but she is not a permanent fixture in our yard so we are still unsure.

@at Thanks for the link, I will check it out. Like you, I am very thankful for FaceTime right now.

@funshipfreddie – lol on the hoarder vids. I have to reign in my DH hoarding tendencies- he never wants to throw anything out. My trick to jumpstart cleaning is to call friends who are VERY chatty. I find myself cleaning while on the phone. My tough one is vacuuming- can’t do that on the phone, lol. And it scares my cats so much, I always feel guilty. The felines sure have my number!😺

@daffodil2010 I’m so glad you are feeling healthy and the CT scan results are not alarming.

@jaifaim I probably have more cardigans in my wardrobe than I need, to be honest about it, but really, in the wintertime I am often wearing two or three at a time! DH calls it my ‘chic bag lady’ look. Lol.

Got an early start today, so I’m going to get to it. The bed frame we got from relatives is big enough to store boxes underneath so we are doing some rearranging of ‘stuff’ and I’m working to separate detritus from treasure so that a hoarding vid is not in my future!

Sending my thoughts and resolve to today’s pocketlist!

USA. Day 28. FD

Pocket List – Day 28 🥕
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @brightonbelle (editing to add you, as our posts crossed!)
    @stitchincarol WFD
    @ccco

Have a great day!

Day 28 Ohio, US — NFD

Went to see my acupuncturist today, so will have to move the FD until tomorrow. Eating has been somewhat irregular today, since my system has been upset, but I probably have eaten less than usual for that reason.

@funshipfreddie If anyone were to take a peak at my townhouse, they would probably nominate me for the hoarder rolls. But all is not what it may seem. I moved here just a little bit before the pandemic hit and had to move without being able to downsize. My present digs are about half the size of my old house, so there is clutter everywhere. The pandemic really put the clamps on my downsizing — the good avenues for disposing of items pretty much have been shut down for the last two years. I hope with things opening back up that this summer all of the clutter will be cleaned out. But it is slow going.

@mariaelena Yes, your musings are very worthwhile! They give me an opportunity also to work through the matters you ponder. Thanks!

Hope everyone has a fine end to the work week!

Sorry for the mis-spellings. Guess I’m more tired than I realized!

Day 29 – Friday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – (NFD)

Missed my walking for a couple of days because of the weather. This morning, despite the blue sky (hooray!), needed to start work early so .. missed again. Will try to catch up on the weekend. It’s another 3 day weekend here (more rain forecast yet again🦆🦆🦆🦆 quack!), and I have a lot of work scheduled to attend to over the weekend.

@funshipfreddie, how is the flooding and aftermath in RSA?

@jaifaim – thanks for asking, definitely missing out on my walks does cloud my overall mood. Trying really hard to be positive and not let the minor bumps in the road derail me…. but sometimes there are moments …. still coming to terms with life, the universe and everything after the big relationship change in January. Just accepting that there will be moments and to let them simply happen as I work through the emotions and move forward.

Anyway a bit disappointed in my April efforts although I was prepared at the outset to make allowances for Easter etc. Why, oh why, are the last few kilos the very hardest to budge? This is the great paradox of human anatomy as the body seems to sabotage our best efforts, try as we might! MAY is on its way, so a re-set will help get my RESOLVE back.

If I can reach my goal in MAY then I have promised myself the treat of a new hairstyle…. I am so sick of it pulled up in a scrunchie…. so loads of motivation and big incentive there.

I am so impressed by many of you on this forum with your exercises, whether it is cycling, walking, yoga, pilates, hula hooping (love that one and inspires me to find my hoop…must be good for tummy muscles, hey?🤩)….. @at helping your DD with her dog walking business must be so much fun😃.

We are on the cusp of season change here as we head towards winter. It is officially autumn now but not as most of you know it…. we are opposite to most of you… at this end of Australia (sub-tropics) we don’t have deciduous trees with falling leaves. In fact, at this end of the country we only have three months of colder weather here…. actually it’s really just ‘cooler’ weather not the cold weather as some of you experience. Nevertheless, it feels great that the nights are now a little cooler (17c) but days warmer (today 27c). When our winter comes in June, July, August, those temps will fall to around minimum 10c for a few hours in the night before dawn and then start rising to about 18c at breakfast, 20c by lunchtime and 18c at dinner time then fall again from about 10.00pm to 6.00am to about 10c.

cheerie dearies🥰

“You had the power all along, my dear. You just had to learn it for yourself.” – Glinda the Good Witch to Dorothy in The Wizard of OZ

Day 29 – Ireland – CD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏻‍♀️

Happy Friyay everybody! 🥳 Omg I can’t quite believe we are four months into this year already and there are just 2 days left in this challenge.

@kittymom78 and @steady-wins-the-race I hope your first week has gone well and that you’ll join us in May. Thanks @at for setting up the Nuturing May challenge 👏. I’m really looking forward to it 😊 there is nothing quite like a crisp new start!

@lilymartin and others recovering from Covid – I hope you are doing ok and taking care of yourselves or being well looked after. I hope May will be the month that you see a return to full health. I think I’ve still dodged it and am still very careful when out and about. I appreciate how badly it has hit some of our gang here.

@ccco I hope you are doing ok 💕

@stitchincarol I am working between home and office now and enjoying the mix… in many ways I enjoy the office more as it dilutes life and those days definitely feel more structured but… I get far more work done when I work from home… much better focus and far less interruptions… who would have thought!

😂 @funshipfreddie one of my family is also a bit of a hoarder… it stresses me a little each time I walk into the house tbh and it’s a very sensitive topic… I honestly don’t think they realise. My “to do list” which has been listed for what seems forever are home improvements that I just ignore but are totally liveable with… 😂

@linda.b and @matpi I love seeing your posts first thing over here! I hope you are feeling a bit better @matpi and that accupuncture helped? I just go monthly but each time it really helps my sinus particularly – I love how it eases the pressure. Be well!
    You’ve been through such a tough time @linda.b and honestly fair play to you and your incredible attitude as you get used to this new WONDERFUL life after your relationship. These are just teeny tiny bumperoos… think about all you have done! You’ve inspired many of us here to get up and out and face the day and clear our minds… that’s is no mean feat 💪 I had committed to do it but it didn’t happen every day… when I saw you had done it it inspired me… we are here to help raise each other and you certainly helped me.

Another mini drop on the scales… will the same be seen tomorrow? Only I can help make that happen. Tomorrow I have a party to go to… I do plan to wear something nice and new so the incentive is there 💕

Oh …. Typos… I know there are lots in my posts… I post on the phone and sometimes quickly before I run to work means that text I’d generally correct gets left for you pooor people to read… Sorry about that 🙃😊

Shouting out here to some of those we haven’t heard from in a while and hoping all are well and just taking a break from the forum.
    👋
    @coda, @high5, @basyjames, @michelinme, @snowflake56, @fastingto58kgs, @excelsior12309, @northerndawn, @caoimhe,

Someone did compile a list recently of all those who have come and gone over the past few years … I do often wonder how they are getting along and if they might pop on again…I do hope they are all safe and well 💕

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 29 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

It’s Fri- yay 🍾🍸

Weigh in : 164.5
    So this month has seen a 1lb increase, no excuses, but that’s seeing Easter and boating trips and lots is social stuff going on. Buckle down for May….except there is a 10 day trip to Andalucia in the middle of that 💃

I have been drinking a daily mug of Bovril as it really helped the hunger on the FD’s and helps when cold…..BUT I think there might be too much yeast extract getting into me as I have little pockets of rashes on me….one just above my left eyebrow which is most annoying and can’t be concealed by make up. So I give Bovril up today…it might help with the bloating too….maybe I have a yeast intolerance as well as everything else 😆

Have a great Friday. Thanks @jaifaim for your super hosting of April, you were great.

Day 29 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

My weekly weigh in the scales tell me I’ve survived our visitors this week, so far 🙂

Could have something to do with yesterdays good FD and a long walk, nobody noticed I was on a FD or at least didn’t comment anyway! Been a fun week catching up.

Busy weekend ahead then away next week for a break 🙂

Forgot to mention the Osprey cam update, they have 3 eggs and the ‘due date’ is about 16th of May.

Take care all.

Day 29 UK NFD

This morning’s weigh in shows I’m exactly where I started the month but like like @daffodil2010 there’s been trips, family visits and Easter , I’d really like to record a loss but seeing as the last few days of the month coincide with my danger zone aka the weekend it seems unlikely…….maybe I could give it a go 🤷🏻‍♀️

Have a good one all

Day 29 – Friday – 2nd post -Gold Coast Queensland Australia – (NFD)

ta @jaifaim … thanks or kind words…I’ll be back on top of things tomorrow 🙃😵🙃😵….

Day 29 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Okay, so one more fast day to finish the month! Partly because I have a masochistic streak, & partly because I haven’t had the best month as far as self-discipline is concerned. I’m expecting to finish the month at the same weight that I started it.

@matpi – I didn’t spot one misspelling! Moving house is a great remedy for seeing how much clutter we have. And I should know, I’ve moved 3 times in the last 3 years! It’s finally dawning on me that if I have stuff stashed away in a box that I haven’t even opened for a couple of years, then I should probably get rid of it. Yesterday I filled a large box with DVDs, some of which I’ve never even watched, & they’re off to the SPCA shop. I do still have a DVD player, but I can’t remember the last time I used it.

@linda.b – it sounds like your temperatures for autumn/winter are the same as ours in Kwazulu-Natal. The aftermath of the flooding; about 40,000 people were made homeless. There are still people missing, but I read recently the death toll of 449 was revised down by 13. After autopsies & investigation, 9 people were found to have died by natural causes, & 4 had bullet wounds and so had most likely been murdered. What a country…

Happy Fri-yay! 🥂

Pocket List – Day 29 🍓
    @funshipfreddie

Hi everyone!

Dear @jaifaim, it seems you could read my mind this morning, thanks for mentioning me on your post today. I did great since I left here last June, I managed to stay in maintenance until this month. Dutch sweets slipped in again and now I’ve totally lost the habit of eating well and my weight is going up. A lot of things have happened while I wasn’t posting. My best friend for 36 years was diagnosed with lung cancer and passed away within 6 months. I suddenly had something that needed attention and had surgery twice. Time to get back to a better life with healthy eating and excersice again.

It’s nice to see so many familiar names and even a few new ones. I’m looking forward to read all your stories again.

Bye for now!

Day 29 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 210 lbs. Well, definitely not hitting 206 this month, but at least heading back in the right direction.

@stitchincarol Nah, I could never just leave food. But I could give the leftovers to someone else! But I just need to go back to having so much good home-cooked food, I won’t crave the restaurant stuff as often.

Looking forward to May!

Day 29 – 16:8 CD

Today is International Dance Day

“International Dance Day is a global celebration of dance, created by the Dance Committee of the International Theatre Institute (ITI), the main partner for the performing arts of UNESCO. The event takes place every year on 29 April, which is the anniversary of the birth of Jean-Georges Noverre (1727–1810), the creator of modern ballet.”

@matpi I am always disturbed by the typos in my phone posts, especially the phone autocorrect inserted ones. Yet I never notice them in others’ posts. 🤔 My local goodwill has been open since the first pandemic summer, thankfully, as it is my primary donation spot. We have accumulated way too much in our 17 or so years in this house. I think of the rule many parents have for children: get a new toy means an old one must be discarded. I wish I had a version of that mindset about things all along. LOL clothes are interesting though. Yesterday I was wearing a T-shirt from 1986 (the date is printed on it) and I sure wish I had kept the “mom” style jeans from the 80’s.

@funshipfreddie We have accumulated a lot of dvd’s throughout the past 25 or so years. But Im not sure I could part with them. So very much of what we have isn’t available on streaming services and I won’t pay a second fee to see older things I still adore. I brought a selection with me when I visited my Papa and we enjoyed The Sting, Chicago, All that Jazz to name a few. But then, I still have my parents vinyl record collection (and a record player to enjoy them) so … 🤣

@linda.b I adore the Wiz of Oz quote! Very apt for this board. And I do think hooping helps my stomach muscles, but mostly I do it because is is fun! My teens and early twenties included many a night in dance clubs and I have always missed that (DH isn’t one for dancing) so it feels much more like play than exercise.

@stitchincarol I too, have read a lot indicating that elderly folk are better off with a bit of extra weight, but rarely do I see a specified amount. I don’t think it will be a problem for me, lol. But I am determined to keep eating healthy- and to me that is a veg heavy diet. I have progressed a long way in making veg palatable and I’m sneaking in veg everywhere I can. Even my recent stew is 3 or 4 parts veg to meat. And still tastes delicious 😋.

Well, I’m not exactly sure what today will bring, my agenda is loose today. Happy Friday all, and enjoy your weekends!

Day 29 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Got a phone call from a friend yesterday morning that some other friends were unable to go to the musical “Come From Away” last night because they were quite sick; did we want to buy their tickets? DH and I decided we could make it work; he’d meet them and ride down to Lincoln with them for dinner before curtain time, and I’d teach piano lessons in Omaha–which meant I’d miss dinner, which was good as it was a WFD–and then drive straight there and meet them all at the theater. Best of all worlds, I figured, as I’d still get to do my WF and DH could enjoy dinner out with our good friends. Then I got a phone call from the mom of my students: “There was a bank robbery in the neighborhood, so the girls’ school is in lockdown.” 😲 Mom also takes lessons, so I asked if I should come do hers and we’d punt where the girls’ lessons were concerned, and she decided it would be better to cancel altogether, since she had no idea when they’d be let out. So, quick as a flash, I called DH and our friends, and drove home to pick him up and drive together down to Lincoln for dinner and the theater. And, of course, only ten minutes into this new plan, the mom texted the girls were out, was it too late? Umm, yep! 🤣🤣 We had a lovely dinner (so much for that WFD!) and really, really enjoyed the performance about 38 American planes that were forced to land in Gander, Newfoundland, right after 9/11. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_from_Away Love the unexpected of some days, you know? And it was pouring rain when we left the theater and we were completely drenched by the time we’d run the five blocks to the parking garage, but we were so thankful for the rain on the parched land that we weren’t even grumpy! 😜

@matpi The times I’ve moved have taught me that the best approach is to downsize BEFORE you move, so you have my complete sympathy!

@linda.b You maybe fell short of your April goal, but your behavior has been nearly perfect this month, right? So I say you have loads to be proud of!

@jaifaim You get the best of both worlds where work is concerned, then, eh? I think the workplace is forever changed because of Covid, and it will be interesting to watch what becomes the norm over the years ahead.

@daffodil2010 Andalucia, eh? Sounds absolutely glorious! What are your plans for while there?

@i-hate-lettuce That’s some serious commitment and RESOLVE that you managed to fast while family was visiting; I’m entirely dazzled!

@brightonbelle Yup, I’m in the same boat. The good news? I’m not five pounds heavier, always something to celebrate, since it’s so easy to slide that direction!

@funshipfreddie Wow, wow, wow: 40,000 made homeless. Wow. Such heartbreak on such a massive level.

OH, OH, OH, OH!!!!!!!!!!! @snowflake56!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back! I’ve thought of you so many times, and we were all so worried because the awful flooding in Germany happened right when you left for some traveling, and we read about the deaths that happened, and you never came back, and we always had that little fear in the back of our minds. It is an absolute joy to hear you’re safe and sound. But, I’m so sorry to hear you lost your dear friend, and then had your own health problems. Hugs to you, dear one, and welcome back!!!

@northgeorgia OR, you could just eat it all at the restaurant, as I did my eggplant parm last night! 🤣🤣🤣

@mariaelena I still remember the time I introduced a SECOND supper vegetable when our kids were little. They were surprised, but it was DH who offered the pushback. 🤣 I’m always thankful to have been raised by a mom who knew the importance of lots of veggies, and a huge variety of them besides; DH was raised by a mom who put a token amount of canned peas or canned corn on the plate, and that was the only veg, and often didn’t even bother with that. So my poor husband has had many–to him–shocking things show up on his plate over the years! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Okay, this post has been interrupted by two long phone calls, so it’s much later than planned. Off I go to finally start my to-do list!

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 29 USA (Illinois) NFD

I’m doing quite well, keeping at maintenance. So sorry I haven’t found time and energy to post much, but know I read most of your messages, and think about what I could say. Will try to do better in May!

Hugs to you all.

Onward and downward.

Day 29 Ohio, US — MFD

This has been a great day! Fasting has gone well, and I got a full 50 minutes of exercise in. I even managed to get a good amount of spring cleaning done. Often the day after an acupuncture visit sees very high energy levels which then gradually decay. The goal is to get the spacing between visits to once a month. Well, little by little.

@stitchincarol Well, the plan was to downsize first. When I put my house on the market, people told me that it would take about a year for it to sell, so there appeared to be plenty of time for the downsizing. Instead, the house sold immediately and the new owners wanted to take occupancy in four weeks. Talk about a scramble!

@mariaelena Now that things are opening up I’ve been making regular trips to the local Goodwill. Unfortunately, a lot of what I have Goodwill won’t take — they seem to be very choosy about what they accept. For example, they won’t take any electronics. A lot of the clutter consists of materials from my former office — professional books and boxes and boxes of files. Because I had to move so quickly, none of that could be sorted at all. Well, poco a poco! (Same as for weight loss!)

Since there’s been some interest about the age-adjusted BMI here’s the URL for a good website about this: https://www.smartbmicalculator.com/. The Belgian statistician, Adolphe Quetelet, devised the BMI and in his statistical analysis he observed that the weight range for healthy weights changed with age. When the insurance companies adopted the BMI, they ignored this and adopted a “one-size fits all”approach. If you dig into research papers, you can find a good number of papers about this. But the website given my be enough!

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 364 total)

You must be logged in to reply.