Amazing April 🐣

This topic contains 348 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  stitchincarol 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 364 total)

• Day 3 – Ireland – NFD 🚫 ✅🚶🏻‍♀️

Hi all and happy Sunday to each and all.

Having a lovely weekend – I might even factor in some bimbling this afternoon. It’s been a pretty active weekend as I was hiking yesterday and I’m hoping to get out this morning on my bike so a bimble this afternoon would be nice 😊 I can see how language evolves now as we adopt these new fun words from our friends around the world… bimbling, lekker … we’ll all be speaking a new weird patois soon that no one around us will understand 😂😂

@ccco thinking of you and hoping that things get a little easier for you this month.

@at – your OH is a lucky man to be your chief sampler 🤩. I’m not sure I could stop myself from baking but not tasting such delights so fair play to you!

@betsylee the custard filled doughnuts sound divine and that dastardly ”other” is one powerful influencer… you’re offsetting with another delicious but light sounding soup creation though … 😋

What train route are you on @mariaelena? It sounds amazing and you’re avoiding all the hassle of airport check-ins, security checks etc. I love flying and airports but not the whole airport checking/security process. 👮‍♀️

@stitchincarol enjoy your Sunday with your sons 🌱 🪴. I loved when my dad would come help me put some order on my garden and he replanted some of his favourites from home …
    precious times and great memories. I have many of the colours from his garden in mine and I love seeing them come up / flower each year.. his daffs are out now 💛🌼

@matpi I do hope you are feeling better after a tough few days and well done on losing that lb!!! Never to be refound 🤩.

Feeling the weekend resolve @brightonbelle, @northgeorgia. I’m with you 💪

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 2 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Quick call in off out for a wander, slightly overindulged yesterday Mrs I-h-l baking for a charity even next weekend, as well as general dogsbody and washer up my other role, taste tester 😉

@at – sounds like your home baking works in a similar way to us 😉

Take care all.

Day 3 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

My first FD for Amazing April. I’m going to do 4:3 this week, just to kick-start the month & motivate myself. I did it last week & it wasn’t too difficult.

@matpi – Hope you’re better soon. Allergic to chocolate?! Never heard of that before. I think my 2nd choice if chocolate wasn’t available would be strawberry; or banana. Or maybe lime. Or pineapple…? Tricky 🤪

Happy S🌞nday 🌤

Pocket List – Day 3 🍋
    @funshipfreddie

Day 3 Melb Aust CD

Trundling along okay, with another 100 gms down from yesterday. That’s not bad for a weekend.

@matpi, I hope you’re feeling better and recovering from your stomach upset.
    Re ice-cream, I’ve actually shifted a bit in my tastes to preferring milk-based gelato (or gelati, whichever spelling you prefer). I mostly don’t eat the water-based ones as they seem to me more like frozen flavoured sugar water, but I do like the milk-based bacio flavour, a mix of chocolate and hazelnut.

@mariaelena, glad the train trip hasn’t been too onerous for you. Our longest rail journey in Australia takes somewhere between 2-3 days, from Sydney on the east coast, to Perth on the west coast. It’s called the Indian-Pacific Railway, which says it all. Perth’s on the Indian Ocean and Sydney on the Pacific Ocean. It’s apparently mostly a scenic trip, though the several hundred miles across the flat semi-desert Nullarbor Plains would drive me batty (if I’m not already!! 🙂 ).

Onward and downwards everyone.

Day 3 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs, and the plateau goes on. Hopefully this will be my maximum for the month. I ate without discipline yesterday. The FDs work wonderfully, but I have to stop sabotaging them with what I like to call an all-day buffet on NFDs. Yes, I’ve looked behind the curtain and have discovered a childish mentality, “I know what to do, I just don’t want to.” Time to change it to, “I know what to do, and I want to, because what’s the alternative if I don’t?” Only carbs with bloating can cause a six-pound gain in two days, and I had less fiber and more carbs over this past weekend.

I’ll keep my Sunday-Monday, and another day (Wed or Thurs) 3 day WFD pattern for another couple of weeks. I’ll obviously eat on Easter Sunday, so I think I may shift my pattern to Monday-Tuesday-Thursday starting on Easter week.

The good thing is that I did trend a pound lighter last week over the week before. But I can see this is going to be a tough month, and I am ten pounds away from my goal of 206 as of today. Eek!

Good luck to us all.

Pocket List – Day 3 🍋
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 3 – UK – TDEE

Woke up at a ridiculous early hour to watch the final of the 🏏 Cricket Women’s World Cup but so worth it – Congratulations to the Aussies – They shattered records in Christchurch on their way to adding the 50 Over Title to the T20 World Cup and the Ashes Crown they already hold!!!

To help blow away the cobwebs I went for a 12+km hike late morning to Wray Castle – amazingly quiet on the walk and around the lake there despite lots of tourists in our village

Back home in time to have a shower and have a snack before watching the Boat Race – Cambridge women and Oxford men won their respective races.

@jaifaim and @i-hate-lettuce – definitely lucky to have OH to eat most of what I bake – I limit myself to a small slice and then I can happily ignore the rest as I much prefer savoury to sweet treats!

Planning a healthy seafood paella for dinner tonight – one of our favourites 😋 and I should come in to around my TDEE of 1530 cals for the day

I am planning B2B2B2B FD800 next week before I head to Suffolk on Friday to visit my dear friend there for a long weekend which will involve much good food and wine no doubt…….

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 3 UK NFD

Did go a bit overboard on the G&Ts ( but within my low carb plan )yesterday but stayed on track with planned food so I’m happy

Having a similar day today Then Mon & Thurs <500 < 25 g carbs Tue & Wed <1000 cals <50g carbs and then I’ll rethink my strategy

Have a good one see you on the list tomorrow x

Day 04 – Monday- Gold Coast Queensland Australia – FD

Another FUN DAY (FD) for me! Have some lovely broccollini just waiting for action along with some yummy portabello mushrooms (fake steak! 🤣). In the office all day today, so no distractions from my goal and hopefully will see good results on my Tuesday WEIGH DAY tomorrow🤞.

Managed to trundle out the door for a hour & half power walk again this morning despite the heavens opening up at EXACTLY the farthest point from home…Murphy’s Law alive and well on this side of the globe 😖😈🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️

POCKET LIST for walking /exercising every day in AMAZING APRIL, anyone else??🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️🚶‍♀️
    @linda.b
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle

Day 3 Ohio, US — NFD

Things seemed to turn around at noon today, so the day has ended well. Thanks for the good wishes!
    I think I know what caused the problem, but it would be helpful to have the accumulated wisdom of the group on this.

The sinus infection came back, so I saw my doctor and started on a new course of antibiotics. Last Thursday, a MFD, was the first day on the antibiotics. That’s also when the GI system started acting up. Yesterday evening I made a quick shopping trip and got some yogurt and some easily digested food. I think those things helped to turn the problem around. So now I’m thinking that it would be wise not to fast until after the course of antibiotics is finished. Even though I took the antibiotics with some food on the MFD, it may be that having a mostly empty GI tract doesn’t go well with antibiotics. What do you all think? Has anyone had a similar experience?

@jaifaim Your comment about a new patois made me smile. I’m taking a French course this semester and while I’m pretty good with literary French, some new words like mec and meuf and Ouigo and kiffe were completely new to me. Even the French have a new patois!

Sending positive fasting energy to all the Monday fasters!

Day 4 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Early start, early dart, going out for a fishing day so calling in to start todays FD pocket list.

Take care all

Pocket list for Monday
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 4 -Ireland – FD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏻‍♀️

Hi all, a great new week begins… If we can look after the days the weeks will take care of themselves. . A bit like the pennies.
    I’m with those of you who might have slightly overindulged this weekend and will have a good week.

Well done to the Sunday fasters! A great way to start / end the week whatever way you see it.

I had very little sleep too Saturday night @at but just one of those things… I should have been sound asleep after good food, hike and mountain air but nope…great that you had the cricket to get up for. I had a nice beach walk 🚶🏻‍♀️

@matpi I’m so glad you are feeling better. Sinus issues affect me after too much of certain foods or comes along with hayfever so I tend to be able to manage it with ibuprofen and steroid nasal pumps. I think you fair better on antibiotics if you take with food but how much? I don’t know… I’d have thought some food would be fine…

Busy busy work week ahead here. I’d prefer to be going fishing with @i-hate-lettuce 🎣 😄

Bon courage les mecs et les meufs (eugh – don’t like either word 😂)

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket list Day 4
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim

Day 4 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Weigh In 164.8 boooo

Busy weekend just gone, dinner out with a friend Friday, Saturday met my family at my mothers graveside, then we went for lunch, lots of fun meeting the brothers and sisters (I have 4 brothers and 3 sisters 😀), Dad looked tired though so I hope he is ok….then yesterday I had to get a CT scan on my abdomen, getting niggling cramps where my appendix used to be so getting it checked out..

So the weekend was busy with lots of meals and wine

FD today. I will read all posts later to catch up, but great to see we are in page 2 already with all the chatter..

Day 4 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Check out some of these horrendous outfits; the worse-dressed at the Grammys yesterday?! 😱 More Halloween than award show. There’s even a dinosaur! And the guy with the Walmart bag 🤦
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10682147/Grammy-Awards-WORST-DRESSED-Billie-Eilish-H-E-R-suffer-fashion-fails.html

Rounding up & sending RESOLVE to the Monday fasters 💪

Pocket List – Day 4 🍏
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010

Day 4 – UK – FD800

I own up to having a much more indulgent weekend than planned 🤭 as it involved 🥂🍷 which took me well above my planned TDEE food consumption and as I’m going down to Suffolk for a long weekend on Friday to see a good friend which will surely involve lots of good food and wine I’m aiming for a very controlled Mon-Thurs this week with B2B2B2B FD800 – this will take some strong RESOLVE!

Woke up to a grey, damp and cool day so not sure that I’ll get out for a proper walk……will catch up with some housework and arrange to meet a friend for coffee this afternoon.

Thanks to @funshipfreddie for rounding up & sending RESOLVE to the Monday fasters 💪

Pocket List – Day 4 🍏
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @at

Day 4 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 212 lbs. Ready to start my 2nd WFD in a row! We have major storms coming in on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I hope we all make it through them OK. This is the tornado season in the southeast, so it’s always a scary time.

Pocket List – Day 4 🍏
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @northgeorgia

Day 4 UK FD

Yes life can get in the way @at 🤪I’m very slowly getting better at modifying my weekends but it’s hard changing habits of a lifetime .I’m with you in going for a very good 4 days 💪

Pocket List – Day 4 🍏
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle

Day 4 – UK – CD

It was a grey and damp morning this morning, though the rain seems to have stopped now. My parents now have covid (like the rest of the UK, it seems!) but it’s been a worry because my dad is classed as clinically extremely vulnerable due to many different reasons. There’s been some mix ups re the treatments he’s entitled to so have spent a lot of time on calls trying to sort that this weekend. However, on my daily phone call check in with them this morning they both told me they feel like they’re improving so that’s a positive sign.

My EFS and not very mindful eating over the past couple of weeks is definitely starting to catch up with me – I’ve experienced indigestion / heartburn twice this weekend and was woken up this morning with similar. So today I’m going right back to basics. I started the day with a Yoga for Digestion video (Yoga With Adriene) on YouTube, which has been brilliant for me in the past. I’ve made myself a small bowl of porridge with jumbo oats & cinnamon, I’m drinking lots more water and am generally up for having small, ‘clean’ meals.

I’ve put today as a CD because of me having oats for a late breakfast so will push me a bit higher than 800cals for a FD800, but I’m looking forward to a decent FD this week!

I’m going out with a group of friends this weekend and want to feel a bit more ‘fresh’ in myself for that and I have lots of other plans over the coming few weeks too.

Right, I’m off out for a lunchtime walk! I’m making the most of the rain stopping and the need to get this body of mine firing on all cylinders again…!

Have a lovely day all 🙂

Day 4 USA (Illinois) FD

Jumping on the pocket list today for my one of six days for fasting during maintenance. The 3-4″ of snow we had on Saturday has mostly melted, but still cold. Ah yes, April in Illinois.

Pocket List – Day 4 🍏
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

USA. Day 4. FD

Pocket List – Day 4 🍏
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @songbirdme
    @ccco

Have a great day!

Day 4 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500/800, depending on what the planned food adds up to

And, as long as I stick to the planned food, it will all be good; it’s the getting adventurous with food that trips me up every time, LOL.

After church yesterday, DH and I spent a solid half hour gathering up yard tools and the food we were taking along, then drove straight to DS’s house in Lincoln and spent the entire afternoon bagging up leaves and dead vines, raking leaves away from the fence, digging weeds out of the paving stone patio, and cutting down volunteer “weed” trees. I was careful not to push too hard, but DH simply didn’t quit working hard all afternoon and his body is whining this morning. I’d like to say the yard looks vastly improved, but the piles of branches and trees is not attractive. DS is hoping to rent a wood chipper machine to get rid of that and have mulch besides. We finished the afternoon with some nibble food and wine sitting on the the portion of the patio that was now lovely, enjoying a fire in his new firepit. A lovely day, and DS was very thankful for how much we were all able to get done. Today, I’m going to spend serious time and effort on tax paperwork; I won’t quite finish it, but believe I’ll get close.

@linda.b Your weather sounds perfect! We’re still having quite cool weather most of the time and freezing lows at night (58/14 and 30/-1) so we have a ways to go before we’re hunting for jobs to do outside just for the pleasure of being outside.

@matpi Ohhh, you have my sympathies for your GI woes!

@jaifaim Just last night around the fire pit, I was telling my sons and husband about the new words I’m learning and the very British words that I hear regularly; that may be–along with some new recipes–the best part of this forum after the 5:2 support! And daffodils that your dad planted? Best sight ever, I’m sure.

@funshipfreddie Oh my. I’ll never understand why anyone would choose to wear such silly/ridiculous/ugly/immodest dresses/clothing. Amazing. Thanks for sharing! 😂🤣🤣

I need to scoot–that tax paperwork won’t get done by me sitting with my laptop! Have a grand one, everyone, full of RESOLVE and the mind-set to even care!

Pocket List – Day 4 🍏
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @songbirdme
    @ccco
    @stitchincarol

Day 5 country west Australia NFD
    Wrote long posts yesterday and today.
    Found this morning that yesterday’s has disappeared into the ether.
    Likewise when I tried to post this morning’s the internet dropped out.
    My thoughts on technology currently are unprintable.
    Hi to everyone.
    Amazing April aim – get haircut. Didn’t get under 83 kgs in March, so still have the long hair.

Day 05 – Tuesday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – NFD

Well hello fellow IFers!🌞🌞

Yesterday’s FUN DAY (FD) went well and held the course quite easily.

Woke this morning to the most beautiful blue sky to set off for my early morning stomp but first had to do my weekly accountability Tuesday WEIGH IN.
    Fabulous news to report, 1 kg for the week since last Tuesday 🌟⭐🌟⭐. At last the evil plateau👿👹👺 has been traversed. I’m sure it is only temporary and the evil plateau will once more return to taunt me!

But for now, well you can imagine my joy and I tramped out of the house for a wonderful hour & half enjoyable stride full of motivation that my hard work is paying dividends!

So, full of RESOLVE, that this is my new low and never, ever to go higher than this again. Still some more to go, but for today just so happy with my progress 😃

@northgeorgia – today is Tuesday and you are on watch for tornadoes, that seems so frightening! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that they don’t develop🤞🤞.. gosh!

cheerie dearies….. onwards and downwards

Day 4 Ohio, US — NFD

This morning the system was still quite upset, so I decided that the better part was to go for a NFD. I’ve been feeling pretty wiped out all day, so this is just to check in. I’ll get caught up on everyone’s posts tomorrow, with any luck!

Day 5 -Ireland – CD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏻‍♀️

Hi all, how had your week started? Good I hope?

@daffodil2010 I don’t know if you remember me saying last year that I thought I had an issue with appendix.. to be fair it was while you were actually writhing in pain with yours and I thought “ holy god now I’m going out in sympathy with @daffodil2010 😂😂 “ … I went for urgent appointment & ultrasound etc as it got quite sore (like an extreme “stitch”) but no real diagnosis other than a suggestion of diverticulitis or something similar… i notice now that if I eat certain foods it twinges (mainly breads.. 😢) so… I just stop and then it eases.. or I take the horrible sachets the doc prescribed… 🤢
    Seriously the more I post the more I feel like I’m a hypochondriac but really I’m not… I just have lots of silly things going on… 🙄😂
    I do hope your Dad is well. 💕

@babs_b i hope your parents don’t suffer too badly with it… it seems very mixed in terms of people reactions to this strain. I love YWA but don’t practice it enough… she is such a gentle soul… and I love Benji 🐶. It is fantastic that you have a fun night out at the weekend to aim for… go you! 💪

Well done on coming off the plateau @linda.b – that is no mean feat and you’re in the zone now – fabulous! Enjoy your walk! I’m off out now in the cold 🥶

@lilymartin I use notes on my phone and paste onto the site to avoid that horrible scenario of losing the post. I know many use Word or Notepad on pc to do the same… it might save you that frustration?

I’m not sure what today will be … most likely CD as I woke hungry…

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 5 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Weigh in: 166 😨😨

I suppose ruining my FD with a Doner kebab and wine wouldn’t help! So it’s FD today with tuna salad for lunch and chicken bone broth with lentils and carrots for dinner.

@jaifaim, yes, I do remember you having abdominal all pain last year and I was wondering what are the chances ?? Glad that it wasn’t anything sinister. When I went to my consultant about the cramps he was not too worried, told me that it’s probably adhesions, and as I a,plso had a partial colectomy with the appendectomy I should increase my fibre…well, cramps not so much as the months go on but best to get it checked…..and I agree it probably is dietary.. Should know soon

I rang Dad yesterday and he was in better form. He had been at a friends funeral on Friday and he us getting down about that, he is nearly last man standing now ☹️

Have a great Tuesday.

Day 5 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Brilliant day yesterday, went on my fishing trip, arrived at a very scenic tarn up in the hills, only one other car on the car park. The weather, it was blowing a hoolie, raining and couldn’t see the length of the tarn! But, with the right wet weather gear on I headed out …. and had a great morning, some fine fighting trout for my efforts. (Hoolie …. short for hooligan)

Nearby there resides a better pair of fish catchers, a pair of Ospreys, they fish some of our waters and as the club members say, they can quite happily have a share. Link below is to the nest cameras, they both arrived back a week ago and he has made a good job of repairing the nest after winter. If you look at camera 2 in the distance top left of the screen is a hill, we live this side of there, as you will see, not overpopulated. They’re on and off the nest frequently at the moment, but she will be laying her eggs soon.

https://www.cumbriawildlifetrust.org.uk/wildlife/cams/osprey-cam

Good FD yesterday and after all the fresh air consumed, slept like a log 😉

Take care all

Day 5 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Pocket List – Day 5 🍒
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie

Day 5 – UK – FD800

Happy to report that I managed to come in under my 800cals for yesterday and aiming for same today 🤞

Unfortunately woke up to another damp and grey day – not enticing to get out there for a walk but will wander into the village later this morning to meet up with some friends for an outdoor coffee in a covered and heated space!

I have a zoom High Impact Pilates class booked for late afternoon so will get some activity in….

I had some Passionfruit that needed using – made the mistake of asking OH what he fancied……Pavlova was his prompt response – can I squeeze a small slice into my 800cal allowance today 🤣 I’m making Neil Perry’s recipe (Australian Chef) with homemade passionfruit curd mixed through the cream topping with extra passionfruit on top – Pavlova was made last night – will make the curd today then ready for topping later today – can I resist 😱

Pocket List – Day 5 🍒
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @at

Day 5 UK CD

Oh @at that sounds delicious, no way could I resist

Busy day so loaded my planned intake on MFP , same tomorrow and then FD Thursday, aiming to meet my weekly target Friday morning 💪

Day 5 – UK – NFD

Oh wow, @i-hate-lettuce the nest cams for the Ospreys are brilliant. I’ve just had a look and the bird was in the nest. It definitely looks to be blowing a hoolie up there!

On the other end of the size scale, we’ve got a little Wren nesting right outside our window at the moment. It’s adorable. There are also a pair of Starlings nesting in our neighbour’s guttering and it’s the first time I’ve seen Starlings in the local area for years. We’ve also had a Great White Egret on the river nearby!

Thanks @jaifaim – my parents seem to have turned a significant corner and both are much improved! Dad has gone from being contacted by ambulance crews at the weekend to testing negative today. He had his 4th jab in Feb, which clearly has done the trick!

Only a short one for me today – I’m about to hop onto hours of Zoom calls! Have a great day!

Day 5 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 210 lbs. Just got to wait out this plateau and try to be mindful. Take care everyone!

Day 5 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

These are my favorite days, because there’s no thinking involved, no negotiating with my inner 2-year-old…I simply don’t eat. Easy! Yesterday was decent, food-wise, although I did finish off the bottle of wine from Sunday, which isn’t typical FD calories…but I didn’t nibble anything to go with it, and it was a lovely treat to enjoy when I immediately went back to tax paperwork.

I’m tantalizingly close to being done with that, and have made the appointment to meet with the accountant for Wednesday afternoon: YAY to be so close to finished!

@linda.b Such lovely news that you’re done a kg; well done!!!

@matpi Poor you, that you continue to feel so awful; I do hope you’re back to full health soon.

@jaifaim Nope, I don’t think you’re a hypochondriac; I too notice that, the older I get, the more aches and pains–some significant–I have…like the thumb joint that hurt so badly that when I tried to squeeze open a backpack clip, I yelped in pain. Good grief. Arthritis, I’m sure, but yelping out loud???? yeah, getting older is not for weenies, LOL! At least I’m going in the right direction (sort of, at least) with weight so that I’m not adding to the problems.

@daffodil2010 So glad your dad was simply sad and not sick…but so tough to lose all your friends!

@i-hate-lettuce How fun! Thanks for sharing the link. Nothing was happening just now, but I’ll check back later.

@funshipfreddie How unlike you not to chatter at all; hope you are fine and were simply on your way out the door for a fun adventure!

@at Oh, the challenge of resisting passionfruit pavlova!! I think you need to reduce other stuff so you have calories to spare to indulge. 😋

@babs_b So glad to hear your parents have turned the corner and are doing so much better!

@northgeorgia I’m currently nowhere near the mark of being mindful on the weekends, so I feel your pain and challenge. We’ll get there. I’m sure of it. Just clearly not as quickly as we’d each like!

Okay, I’m going to spend about an hour working on tax paperwork before I have to start getting ready to leave for piano lessons; the draw of it all is huge now that I’m so close.

Pocket List – Day 5 🍒
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @stitchincarol WFD

USA. Day 5. FD

Pocket List – Day 5 🍒
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @stitchincarol WFD
    @ccco

Second post

The last piano lesson of my day was cancelled at the last minute, so I was home by supper–and therein lies the challenge on this WFD. It’s one thing to be gone until 7 or even 8; I can easily enough ignore food at that point. But to be home by 6? Yikes, but I’m struggling to ignore the siren call of food!

I will…truly, I will…but, golly, it would be nice to eat right now, LOL!

Day 5 Ohio, US — NFD

Slowly getting back to normal today. I was scheduled to see my tax preparer tomorrow, but it seemed best to move that to Thursday for several reasons. First, I’m not back to 100% yet and there’s a better chance that I’ll be back to normal by then. Second, I finish the course of antibiotics tomorrow, so there is less of a chance of any internal surprises if I wait a day. Finally, and probably most important, it’s a two hour trip to see him and tomorrow is supposed to be a cool, windy, stormy day with possible high winds and thunderstorms. It is no pleasure being trapped on the road in a Midwest rainstorm. Thursday, it’s just supposed to be cool and cloudy, so the trip would be a little easier.

What I’m not so sure about is when I might get my fast days in this week. I’m not so sure that simultaneously fasting and taking a day trip make a good mix. Well, I may have to play it by ear.

@stitchincarol I’m looking forward to hearing how you fought the good fight on your WFD!

@at I had to Google passionfruit pavlova. It looks divine! And you resisted! Phenomenal!!

@babs_b Hope your Zoom calls went well!

Day 06 – Wednesday Gold Coast Queensland Australia – NFD

@stitchincarol WFD – my gosh I feel for you. Water fasting, no food at all! I’m so impressed with your resolve but have to admit I couldn’t do it myself, I certainly wouldn’t be able to sleep with only water for dinner. You obviously have a very strong metabolism and resolve to get through an entire day on only water and teach as well🥇 (you get the medal today!)

@i-hate-lettuce – the ospreys are just wonderful, thank you. It’s so calming looking at them totally undisturbed by the world.

@northgeorgia – hope the tornadoes didn’t happen and everyone is safe.

Thanks for the lovely encouragement from @stitchincarol & jaifaim, it is much appreciated -ladies you rock✨✨✨✨ and inspire us all! ✨✨✨✨

Today another long early walk before work and feeling great.

Looking forward to Easter when I’ll see my DD, SIL and two grandies (teenagers).
    My daughter and husband both have COVID and this is second time round for my daughter. She had Omicron (the first Omicron) at New Year and wasn’t too bad. This time they have Omicron BA2 (the 2nd variant) and she had quite a few days down with it, saying it was worse than the first. They are both fully triple vaxxed and on the road to recovery now but still fatigued. So far the two teenagers haven’t succumbed. This COVID seems very hit and miss in households. I often hear about some family members will get it but others don’t.
    We have been hearing news that UK has 1 in 13 people infected with BA2 Omicron, so know most of you are very familiar with it all. It is rising in my state right now. Unfortunately it’s also school holidays so many more people are moving around on holidays as they lifted all the restrictions a while ago. So it is spreading like wildfire.

cheerie dearies….. onwards and downwards

FUN DAY (FD) tomorrow (Thursday)! So I’ll start the pocket list for Thursday….
    @linda.b

Day 6 – Ireland – FD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏻‍♀️

I had a good busy Tuesday… today will be a FD as I’ll be very busy again.

Our weather is cold and grey too.. boo hoo! So I’m having to talk myself into getting up and out…

My Scottish friends say “hoolie” too @i-hate-lettuce it’s a great word!! Thanks for posting the link.. The ospreys are lovely and I found it very calming to just sit and watch them too @linda.b!

Great to see you here @ccco and everyone else…
    missing some regulars and hoping they are all ok and just taking time out from posting… I know sometimes I just can’t figure it in to busy days… @high5, @basyjames, @penz @michelinme

@flourbaby We are missing you too…

I am running behind schedule this morning but may check in later.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket list 🐪
    @jaifaim

Day 6 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Weigh in: 165.6

FD yesterday shifted some ounces only. Gah, it’s tough being a woman of a certain age and scales just will not budge….I have read and researched so much about this phenomena, but have not yet found the answer. Will plough away.

Monday night I got dots in front of my eyes and a flashing corona, felt a headache coming on so took a painkiller and went to bed. This morning out for my walk the same dots, then flashing corona whilst trying to shower, gone now but feel pain and pressure in my head. DH suffers with migraine and tells me that they are the symptoms. I don’t suffer from migraines though.

Would it be the liquid contrast I had to drink and the IV substance prior to my CT on Sunday that is causing this? Whatever, I have taken two solpadeine now and wil be off to work shortly as I can see properly again.

Weird times….last week was the temporary deafness and pressure, this week migraines.

But in good form. @i-hate-lettuce, I love the osprey cam ☺️

Have a good hump day 🐫

Day 6 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Nice to see folk are enjoying the ‘Osprey cam’ link, it’s hit and miss as to when the birds are on the nest at the moment, I think I’m on about 50% strike rate! However, the nest is in good order he’s rebuilt and relined it ready for when she lays the eggs. He has the white leg ring, she has the blue.

Slightly annoyed here !!! Fishing season really getting going, thoroughly enjoying myself, garden doing well and luckily on top of ‘house’ jobs, away for a UK explore week soon …. and here am I hobbling round the house on crutches! Don’t know how I’ve done it, but sprained an ankle Tuesday or Wednesday. It was a bit ‘awkard’ yesterday morning, but yesterday afternoon suddenly went a lot worse, grrr … so rest, ice, compression bandage and elevation. Then get on with it as soon as possible!

Take care all … hmm, maybe I should heed that bit myself 😉

Second post as I’m now sipping coffee.. 🤗

Well done on getting up and out for your walk @linda.b. I am going to admit right here that the ONLY way I could force myself out this morning was with the treat of a nice latte at my local coffee shop… I had zero milk here and just fancied it 🥴
    oops hardly the best incentive on a FD but it’s a fun day too and i really like catching up with the owner who is so interesting… so feck it as we say here (not quite cursing 🤬 but nearly). I feel better for having got out and a lovely start to the day ☕️ MUST DO BETTER FOR THE REST OF THE DAY 🤭

@daffodil2010 you poor thing! Maybe it is the gunk you have to drink ahead of the scan… I do think being a woman of a certain age could be the main issue … For weight and weird and wonderful symptoms coming and going… I have some really bizarre little things going on… generally they’ll last for a few days /weeks and then poof, they’re gone… I have been trying hrt for the past year with some improvements but my body is also just not one of those bodies that has the automatic improvement that others report 🥲 so I’m tweaking to try find the perfect solution for me … have changed recently to something which unfortunately has weight gain as a side affect as you begin to take it but but I’m really hoping I don’t have that one…

@i-hate-lettuce I am sending lots of sympathy to you as it is just such a shame to be ready to get out and about and have your body get in the way of fun plans…I hope it’s nothing too serious… and you’re gone fishing” very soon 🎣 🤞

Day 6 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@stitchincarol – as you may have guessed, I’m not big on small-talk at the best of times; but yesterday I was really not in the mood. It sounds weird when I write it down, but on Sunday I hurt my back. I wish I could say I was working out, or attempting to lift a small vehicle. But no, I was….getting out of bed?! I felt a twinge, & thought, ‘uh-oh?’. Then about 20 minutes later I tried to get up off the sofa and…sheer agony! 😰 Took me about 5 minutes before I could even stand up straight. I was hobbling around like a 90 year old. Later on I was on the highway & tried to look over my shoulder before I overtook the car in front of me and again, excruciating pain. Getting out of the car was also tricky. I’m sure it’s just a muscle in my lower back, & it’s definitely getting better. And it hasn’t stopped me from reaching my 8000 – 10,000 steps. Standing/walking is much easier than sitting right now.

@stitchincarol – I hope your WFD was a success, despite getting home earlier than expected?

Anyway, it seems to be the week for aches & pains & other assorted maladies? With @i-hate-lettuce & his ankle & @daffodil2010 seeing stars?! I hope we’re all better soon!

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Day 6 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 213 lbs. Doing my WFD today, then will have another one on Sunday before my shift Easter week to M-Tu & Th WFDs. So far, so good. The plateau 10-day average is slightly dipping ever so slightly lower — still a couple of pounds higher from my all-time low in mid-March before my conference trip, but I can see it’s trying to get back to reality.

Am I alone today? Take care, everyone!

Pocket list – day 6
    @northgeorgia

Day 6 – UK – FD800

@brightonbelle @stitchincarol @matpi – I confess that I did succumb to a small slice of that Pavlova yesterday but managed to keep my calories to just over 800 so I’ll take that as a win 🤣 maybe not the best in nutrition content but so worth it!! Today will be a healthier FD800

Another wet and drizzly start to the day so decided to go food shopping to stock up the house before I leave OH on his own for the long weekend whilst I go to Suffolk to visit with my dear friend there.

@i-hate-lettuce – Sorry to hear about your injuries 🤞 it sorts itself out soon. BTW I can’t seem to get the camera active – when I click on – it says “we are sorry but this stream is currently unavailable”???
    @babs_b good to hear that both your parents are recovering from Covid
    @linda.b – no restrictions by law for Covid here anymore and sadly people are just treating it like it’s a common cold – hence the huge increase in numbers and a resulting slow increase in deaths once more – yesterday it was over 300 deaths reported!
    @jaifaim – yes we are missing a few regulars – I often wonder what they are up to and some missing for more than a year or so too….
    @daffodil2010 – definitely weird times for you – hope those symptoms settle down sooner than later – take care x
    @funshipfreddie – another one with injuries – what is going on with our group??? hope it resolves soon for you too

Joining the pocket list for my 3rd B2B2B FD800 today – I need the support of the group – TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER

Pocket list 🐪
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia
    @at

Day 6 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD800

@matpi and others: I didn’t, sad to say. I ran out of resistance and RESOLVE and self-control…the tank of determination was as empty as my stomach. However, total calories were less than 500, so that was okay. Part of the challenge was that I finished tax work–well, sort of, as I still have a couple of long adding machine tapes to run to verify some numbers, and I need to organize everything, but it’s essentially done–and I wanted some sort of reward. I guess, at heart, I’m a dog, eh, that I wanted a reward??? 🤣😂🤣 (I think it was Dr. Jason Fung who made that comment in The Obesity Code.) Oh well, I’m pleased I didn’t go over 500, and I’m thrilled to be ready for our tax appointment today! I hope your drive on Thursday proves pleasant and uneventful!

@linda.b Thanks for your words. I don’t think I could have done this three years ago, or even two years ago, but various experiments with what does and doesn’t work for me led to me trying my first WFD late last summer and I was astonished to discover it wasn’t actually all that tough, as long as I kept busy–and away from the house, LOL. It isn’t for everyone, I know, but I absolutely love the feeling, and it certainly compensates for how crazy I go on weekends. Now if I could only learn your daily discipline, I’d actually start losing weight again, LOL!!!

@jaifaim Busy days are the best for successful fasting!

@daffodil2010 We all wish we could help you figure out this phenomena of fasting but not budging. As to dots and flashing corona, yup, I get that as well. I used to get bad migraines, but rarely anymore. Unfortunately, I don’t know that just because you haven’t had them in the past that you’re somehow immune to them now…

@i-hate-lettuce First, thanks for the osprey camera link; I’m another who’s enjoying it. Second, how in the world do you sprain an ankle without even knowing it??? Serious bummer, and I hope you heal quickly!

@funshipfreddie I KNEW something was up. You know, my FIL knocked out a tooth many years ago the night he fell out of bed and hit his mouth on the bedside table. HUH? “How do you fall out of bed?!?” I wondered. Then one night I turned over in my sleep–and darned near fell out of bed because I was closer to the edge than I realized!! So the mystery of my FIL was solved, and in that same spirit, I simply accept that you managed to pull something in an unexpected way as you were getting out of bed. I feel for your pain. Something like a foot or wrist can be relatively ignored, but backs affect every detail of our body’s movement. I’m glad it’s at least starting to get better!

@at I’m so glad you had some of that pavlova AND kept calorie count to a reasonable number. Very impressive! And, are you sure you’re clicking on the correct black box? There are two smaller black boxes, each with an arrow in them, and then a much larger one below them; the larger one isn’t active (I have no idea what it is, but nothing happens there), but the two smaller boxes are what I click on. Hope that helps.

The excellent news in my life where unrestrained feasting on weekends is concerned is that I have to go in for a doctor’s appointment to have my cholesterol checked and make the final decision on whether I go on statins. (My fingers are crossed that all my water fasting has made the difference it’s said to make…) To do that test, I need to have fasted, right? So I set the appointment for 2:45 on Friday afternoon! 🤣😂🤣😂 Even better, my doctor is a 40 minute drive away, so by the time I get home, it’ll be a reasonable time to start dinner and eat…a bit early, but still reasonable. So my RESOLVE will be called upon to skip the nibbling when I get home and simply cook dinner quickly. Using the doctor is one way to guarantee fast days and decent behavior, right?? 😁😇😂

Pocket list 🐪
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @stitchincarol

@at – Osprey link works on desktop and tablet devices?

Not sure why it’s not working for you? Not tried ipad or smartphone ….

God it’s windy in the Lake District today 🦅
    Thanks for popping me back on the list y’all!
    Helps me stick to the fun 🥴

Day 6 UK CD

Oh dear sounds like a few of us are suffering,speedy recovery all 🤞

Plodding on , surely the scales must play nice at some stage

See you on the list tomorrow

Day 6 USA (Illinois) NFD

Today was popcorn again at the 1st Wednesday “Classic Films” at our local theater. Today was “Anatomy of a Murder” – excellent film. As usual, our local retired history and English profs gave a terrific program of interesting tidbits, background info, and such. We love them. Good comments and questions afterward from the audience too.

Next month is “Goldfinger” (James Bond) that my DH is looking forward to sharing that he lived at Ft. Knox when they came there to film. He is an Army brat (child of officer) and was in high school there.

@jaifaim – we are having terribly windy and cloudy days here too. Winter just won’t quit!

We have watched the Decorah, Iowa eagle cams for years. They are fascinating to watch. https://explore.org/livecams/bald-eagles/decorah-eagles-north-nest

Onward and downward.

Day 07 – Thursday- Gold Coast Queensland Australia – FD – FUN DAY + 🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️

Another fabulous FUN DAY (FD) …… yes it makes me happy to have a FUN DAY to bring me another step closer to my goals. Lucky for me that my office is at home (so no distractions) and the best tip of course is to keep busy on FUN DAYS.

Another LIVE CAM (thank you @songbirdme); went to it straight away to see the parent feeding the two chicks, absolutely fascinating. Hilarious to think that our wildlife don’t have to resort to fasting to lose weight….. we humans really are our own worst enemies as you never see overweight wildlife… in fact overweight animals you might see are usually domesticated animals and when you look at the owners they are usually overweight too! I was watching some old film footage in a documentary about the opening of the Sydney Harbour Bridge in 1932 and the stand out feature of the cheering crowds is that there were no obese people anywhere. It is really a sign of our times and our societal privilege over the last 50 years or so that we have allowed ourselves to overeat to the extent that 1 in 3 people are overweight, including primary school children. Just last night at the club for our trivia I noticed two children, perhaps 6 and 9 who were both significantly overweight and ploughing into a big bowl of fried chips each for their dinner. Very upsetting to see and, of course, their parents were also overweight. Sad to say that they’ll struggle in the future, healthwise and emotionally, and may be joining us in IF in times to come.

Sorry to hear a few of you with ailments and wish them all to be temporary aberrations in the bigger scale of things for you. Life has a way of hitting ‘curve balls’ at us when we least expect it, hey?

@at.. don’t doubt it! You have all our support and hope your mammoth 3rd B2B went according to plan… you go girl! You get the medal today 🥇 That pavlova sounded divine! Did you know that Aussie’s claim the pavlova as the national dessert? Yes indeed. And moreover, for me being coeliac, it is often the only GF dessert on offer when I’m dining out. Inevitably it is also usually my birthday cake too, my grandies applying the fruit toppings and never without passionfruit… it is the sacred ingredient to any Aussie pavlova!🥰 This is making my mouth water so thank heavens my birthday is not until December!

It’s odd being ahead of most of you as your pocketlist is yesterday for me!
    So here it is Thursday, hold your resolve during the week everyone as every goal met during the week helps protect us from any weekend lapses!
    🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈 Red balloons to you as you are ALL heroes for committing to IF!

FUN DAY (FD) Thursday! So I’ll start the pocket list for Thursday…. and can’t wait to hear about your successes
    @linda.b

Day 6 Ohio, US — MFD

When I got up this morning I figured out a way to make a go of fasting today and it worked! Thus now I”m finishing off the first MFD of the week. Tomorrow is a road trip day and with any luck Friday will be the second MFD of the week.

@songbirdme My view of the Bond movies unfortunately was skewed by the first Bond movie that I saw: Casino Royale with Peter O’Toole, Ursula Andress, and Woody Allen. It was a spoof of the regular Bond movies, but I didn’t realize that when I saw it. Now I can never watch a Bond movie without expecting a punch line.

@ihatelettuce Hope your ankle mends completely and quickly! I can empathize with your not knowing exactly when you sprained your ankle. A couple of years ago I had some leg x-rays taken preliminary to a knee surgery and the doctor surprised me by asking when I had broken that leg. Apparently there were two breaks that probably happened in my twenties and I have no recollection of them at all! The doctor said that that was grist for a forensic detective. Ha!

@at I applaud your discipline to keep to around 800 calories. I’m afraid that for me when it comes to desserts it’s a matter of “eat til it’s all gone”, no matter how big the ‘it’ is. So great work!

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 364 total)

You must be logged in to reply.