Am I doing something wrong?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Am I doing something wrong?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Fragster 9 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hey everyone,

Please can someone point me in the right direction?
    I started the 5.2 at the start of March (or there abouts). In the first 3 weeks I was down 5lb and was pretty happy!
    I then had a week off for a holiday and since then I’ve struggled.
    Every lb I lost I regained in that single week off. Now I’m finding it difficult to lose it again.
    My scales are fluctuating alot, they can be as much as 3-4lb different over 4 days!
    I’m keeping below 500kls on fasting days and am within my limits on non fast days. I’ve actually been really good – not even opened an easter egg yet!
    I don’t know if I’m doing something massively wrong?
    This site sats I should have 1500 calories and on others it states to have a normal calorie allowence? I’ve been aiming for 1500 or under.
    Should I be doing something else??

Hi Fragster!

I just wanted to send you a little encouragement!

You know the plan works – you lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks which is good steady going.

Yes, your holiday was a blip – but you CAN kick start the weight loss by sticking to the 5:2 rules.

Are you sure about your non-fast day allowance? I would double check the figures to make sure you have the correct TDEE for your weight/build/age/lifestyle…..sometimes not eating ‘enough’ can have a negative effect!

Try and look for non-scales results…more difficult in the early stages…but despite not ‘losing weight’ are your clothes any loser?…are you choosing healthier food options?…is your self-image improving?….not all successes show on the scales!

If you check your figures, and stick at it then you WILL see results – I know! I have had down periods (I chronicle it in my ‘my journey’ thread…..so that on a slow-loss period I can remind myself of how far I have come….weight loss night slow done (or stop for a while!) but it DOES start again if you persist.

Best of luck!

Hi Fragster, my weight loss during a month is totally dependent on where I am in my monthly cycle. I only see weight drops between mid month and the start of my period. I also cannot handle salty food. If I eat something really salty, the scale can show up to 3 extra pounds the next day. Finally, I have an intolerance to gluten. If I eat something containing gluten, I get very bloated (among other problems.)

Is it possible that on your fast day, you are eating foods such as fruits and veggies and some protein, Your body cleanses itself somewhat, and then, on your normal day you eat your normal items such as bread and other grains, or even dairy products and then you bloat. That could explain the scale going up and down so much. You may need to look into some food intolerances if that’s the case.

I hope some of these ideas help.

Cheers.

Hey, thank you for your replies.

I’m sure on my non fast days I’m sticking to the right calorie intake. I’ll admit I was logging constantly on the my fitness pal app, I have started to use this less. I’ll get back on that!

I will admit when my monthly cycle is due I feel like a whale! I always feel seriously bloated and it shows on the scales.
    And yes, I mainly eat fruit, veg and a white meat on my fast days then when I don’t fast I do love pasta, rice, bread and potatoes.
    I don’t feel bloated then but that could be a huge impact.

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement! I can do this! I just need to stick with it!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.