Abdominal pain on the lower left side

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
Abdominal pain on the lower left side

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mickcb 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I have been experiencing the above. I have had a blood and urine test which were negative. I am wondering if anybody has experienced anything similar? I have tried drinking more water and this helps, but the pain is never far away in the background and if it starts to become strong I take more water and it seems to work. I am fasting 4 days a week with a bare minimum on fast days (maybe an apple or a bowl of packet soup) I have lost a total of 21Kgs since Feb this year, I am over 80 years of age and quite active and would not be dead for quids.

What does your doctor say?

Hi Mick,

Fasting should not cause pain and this is something you should pursue with your doctor.

Agree fasting and left side pain are not related. I had it too for a long time until found out about food sensitivities and did elimination diet (google) and food sensitivity tests and very gradually found foods I can eat without any pain inside or in other words any inflammations. It usually means body cannot process it.

Thanks for the feed back guys, The doctor looked at the tests and concluded it might be muscular but was not sure. I had polio when i was a child and it left me with a weak right leg which restricts me from a lot of exercises. I have been able to walk with the aid of a walker, which is how I normally get around. I find it helps a lot. This does put a bit of a strain on my left side, but this not feel muscular. However I think “lightsnow” might be on the money with “elimination diet”because drinking water seems to lessen the pain at the moment. There are certain food combinations I try to keep away from, from past experience. I will have to experiment with some and see if I can eliminate the pain completely. Thanks a lot for your input and wish you all the best in your quests. Mick

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.