a month in ( 8 fasts) and weigh more!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
a month in ( 8 fasts) and weigh more!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  janeyb 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi, my husband and I are doing 5:2. He has a lot less to lose than I do and is mainly in it for the other health benefits as he leads a very sedentary life!
    I am one fast ahead of him as started before him, but other than this we fast on the same days.
    He has so far lost 4 lbs. (He is early 40s)
    I have so far put 2lbs on. (I am late 30s)

We bought some new all singing all dancing scales. I weighed myself the day before yesterday’s fast as this is normal weigh-day. Was 2lbs down from starting out.
    Weighed this morning (same time, clothing, scales in same place although should not make any difference with these ones), and was 3lbs heavier.
    I do not understand a) where I am going wrong as do not overeat on non-fast days, and b) how I can be 3lbs heavier after a fast day?!
    I do have a history of yoyo dieting since I was a teenager but thought this really could be the way forward. However getting slightly miffed now!
    Not measured yet to see if there is any loss there, as planned to do this every 4 weeks, which is this weekend coming.

Is there anyone like me who can put on weight on a fast day? And is there any hope for me??

Thanks

Jane

I completely understand your frustration Janeyb. I have been a serial dieter since the age of 15 and was really hoping that I’d finally found a solution with this plan. I only want to lose half a stone or so but it simply isn’t shifting, despite me sticking to the fasts and not going mad the other 5 days. I’m coming to the end of my 8th week but going to keep at it for the foreseeable future. I think my body just needs to settle into a routine – after 25 years of yoyoing I’m guessing it’s putting up a good bit of resistance! Just remind yourself of the health benefits you can’t see rather than the reading on the scales. If I can I’m going to wean myself off weighing myself daily – it’s been part of my morning routine for such a long time… Stick with it if you can – I’m sure you’ll see results in time.

Hi JaneyB,
    Don’t weigh yourself every day, you will only make yourself miserable. I read somewhere that weight can differ as much as 10 lb over one day.

I fast on a Monday and usually a Thursday. I weigh myself first thing Saturday morning at about the same time.I also check my measurements then too.

You will get a much more accurate picture with once weekly weighing. I never lost weight after a fast day, got depressed, left it a couple of days…and then usually lost 1 lb a week but also lost inches all over.

Try your tight clothes on every week and see how they fit will change over the weeks. But keep a careful eye, because what was tight will become loose and another donation to the charity shop!

Men seem to loose weight faster as they have more muscle mass.There is lots of hope, get the tape measure out and record the usual body parts with a once weekly weigh in and remember…this is a marathon and not a sprint!Good Luck.

Thanks, I will measure at weekend, and persevere a bit longer 🙂

Jane

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.