9 month 5:2 advocate … It works!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cg12345 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I have been following the 5:2 fast diet for nine months now and have lost 55lbs. to date. I am thrilled to say the least. I combine the fast days with healthy eating and even though I am limited physically on how I can exercise; following this plan has been my most successful diet plan ever. My goal is to lose 80lbs and I know I will reach it.

Hi Kate:

Congratulations!

If people that started 5:2 would just do 5:2 for a long enough time they would all have results like yours. But, as with most diets, most quit within a month or so, or start doing something else because they are not getting the results they want quickly enough. So they do not get results like yours.

It is sad.

So for anyone reading this, just do the basic 5:2 for at least two months. Then keep going. If you do 5:2 correctly, you have to lose weight. And you will continue to lose weight until you get to your goal. It isn’t easy, but it is simple. There is no need to supplement or change it in any way.

It works if you just do it!

Hi guys,

That’s amazing Kate-Anne-well done! I am in my first month of 5:2 (lost 4lbs this week!) and this is such an encouraging post for someone who also has around 80lbs to lose. I appreciate that it’ll take time but for me, the difference between 5:2 and other regimes is quite stark. Logic must dictate that it’s easier to sustain willpower for 2 days pw as opposed to 7, particularly for those with a lot of weight to lose and who (like me) have fallen at many hurdles many times before. I’m combining 16:8 and 5:2 on weekdays (i.e. 500 cals 2 days and anything up to tdee 3 days but only over the course of 8 hours) and having my weekends free at tdee limit thus far, and it’s working well for me. I’m going to remain flexible though and roll with it as time goes on. The biggest surprise has been how much more in tune with my body fasting has made me feel after years of it feeling like my enemy. Long may it continue!

Hi Cg:

You are a perfect example of someone who is supplementing and changing 5:2. But as long as you eat fewer calories than your TDEE each week you will lose weight.

Good Luck!

Thanks simcoeluv!

It was my consultant that suggested 18:6, and I had already been doing straight 5:2 and getting results so I decided to mix both and it seems to be a good fit for me at the moment. I have pcos so insulin control is important (and I’m not really a breakfast person) and i feel better than I could ever have imagined, with the brill side effect of losing weight!

The posts on here are inspirational-I only hope I can in turn inspire some people through my journey.
    Best wishes
    Claire

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.