8 week challenge – summer is nearly here!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
8 week challenge – summer is nearly here!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  MissTLH 8 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi all

I have tried every diet under the sun – Dukan, Atkins, Weight Watchers, Celebrity Slim, Juice Plus, high fat, low carb, Beach diet, Cambridge diet, Military diet, Lemonade diet, juicing and I could go on and on. Nothing has worked and I am now at the heaviest I have even been. It feels like for every 1lb I lose, I gain back 2lbs! So annoying.

My doctor recently said however that he had seen patients with very good results on the 5:2 for that is what I am going to try.

I am going to try and get myself organised over this Easter weekend and start properly on Monday 6th April. I have worked out that it is then 8 weeks until Monday 1st June (in my head that is officially summer!)

Who wants to do this with me – a support group for 8 weeks until we find our feet and make real healthy habits? I have about 60lbs to lose so I will still have more to do but for the starting 8 weeks I thought we could support and motivate each other.

Monday is the start of good things…

Id like to join this challenge. I’m 54 and suffer hot flashes .. Iv read on line the most effective way to eliminate them is with weight loss and exercise . Id like to join this challenge

Hi Kelz
    I think most of us here are already doing the 5:2. You will find the fasting a lot easier than you think. Keep your mind busy on fasting days, drink lots of water (I have a bottle of water in every room in the house and fill them up from the tap on fast days. And get out and exercise – walk cycle, run or go to the gym. I just open the door and walk or get on my bike. You will be amazed at how easy it is to do that too even on fast days: it’s just another way to keep busy and that’s the secret. Obviously don’t go food shopping on fast days.
    Keep it simple too. I eat the same every diet day and that works best for me. I don’t need to think about food then. I have simple snacks instead of meals. 1 egg and half a piece of bread at mid-day, one Greek yoghurt (125g) and a piece of fruit at 4pm and at 8pm a mega portion of iceberg lettuce (210g), 1 tomato and 2 mega gherkins (or 4 or 5 smaller ones) with a bean burger (no bun) and 1 tbsp vinaigrette mixed with 30 per cent water and shaken. But find the food that works for you, keeping to the 500 or 600 callory allocation. I have half a cup of milk and use that to make coffee or tea. I also drink herbal teas and water.
    Don’t give yourself time to think or time to sit down in front of the TV.
    You’ll be fine.

Hi,
    I would love to join this challenge. I have just stumbled across this post and thought ‘this is for me’.
    I haven’t started the fast yet but plan to start tomorrow and have Mondays and Thursdays as fast days.
    I am 25 years old, weigh 14st 12 and I’m looking to get down to 11st 7. I don’t mind how long it takes but ideally I want to see results fairly quickly so I don’t get disheartened and give up!

Hi, just joined and looking for a relief from 12 hot flashes in the day and about 4 at night. I’m NOT looking to loose weight. I just started today with Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) drink and Vitamin C drink. Will drink sage tea (sweat reduction) throughout the day along with Magnesium drink(for my stress)and limited amount of food. Lord, I need a healing!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.