500 calories on FD's or 1 quarter of your TDEE?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
500 calories on FD's or 1 quarter of your TDEE?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Merryme 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Please can someone help.

I am sure I read that the ‘500 calores a day on fast days’ was an example. Should I only be having a quarter of my TDEE on fast days?

So my TDEE is 1436. Making it 359 on fast days.

There is no magic involved in 500 or 1/4 of your TDEE. These numbers are not based on any science but just numbers that Michael Mosley thought people could handle. Do whatever you can handle with ease.

Nataliann, My TDEE is similar to your yours. When I started 5:2 I did keep my calories intake to around 500 on fast days as that felt manageable. As Bigbooty said, it needs to be something you can handle. Over time I’ve found that I eat less on fast days and now am usually in the 350-400 range.

Ditto what LJoyce said. The ‘1/4 your normal intake’ is not for everyone. If I ate 2000 calories/day my weight would zoom up. Eat your TDEE on Slow Days, and your 500-600 on Fast Days.
    Good luck, natalieann.

Hi nataliann,

500 on a FD is fine. You would lose a litle bit quicker if you did 360, but there’s no problem with 500. Just get started, and ask any questions you need to.

My TDEE is 1440. On FDs my calories are usually 360, but occasionally up to 500. My first year I always did 500 on FDs, then gradually dropped it a bit to conform to 1/4 TDEE slowly after that as my TDEE reduced a bit from my weight loss. I have chronic medical condition and had to lose my excess weight -21kgs or 46lbs with out exercise. I’m now maintaining🙂

Best wishes to you nataliann
    Merry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.