42 day challenge beginning 1 May

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
42 day challenge beginning 1 May

This topic contains 2,339 replies, has 109 voices, and was last updated by  back2thefuture 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,501 through 1,550 (of 2,344 total)

• Aussie day 29 NFD today made a big pot of soup yesterday winter has finally arrived. Took my pup to the beach for a walk/run he walks i run lol.

Aus Day 29. Feeling rather rocky and off track. The past few days have been extraordinarily tense, so a lot of mindless eating. This morning I forced myself to record my last five days eating. Lots of healthy food but lots of carbohydrates (split peas, polenta, potatoes and bread). As expected my resulting energy graph was not good. Today I’m feeling bloated, full and yuk and very positive because I’m back in tune with my body, which means no more mindless eating.

I love thrift (op) shopping. Since losing weight I have never been more stylish. Last week I bought a pair of designer boots for $8. They were hardly worn and still had the original price tag – $298!

Onwards, feeling focused and positive. Wishing everyone a fulfilling week.

day 28 midwest USA. NFD

awesome fast day yesterday. the key for me is to drink at least 3 liters of water (flavored with a splash of apple cider vinegar or lemon) before noon. and keep drinking lots for the rest of the day.

i lost 3lbs (from 139 down to 136) – because of all the bingeing in the past week. hoorah.

i’m doing a sort of FD today, tons of water and keeping my calories very low again. probably 5-700 calories –

it seems easier for me to Fast than to eat moderately. i know many of us feel like this. but i’m still hoping that over the long term with fasting will help with the addiction to food that i have. and heal my relationship with food /eating.

have a great day everyone

UK day 28 nonfd. Very proud of myself today! I went out for a family meal nd ordered a vege burger without the bun and a side salad instead of chips. No desert so that i could enjoy a few biscuits and a cuppa this evening. I would have never made this decision before but since cutting out bread i dont like how it makes me feel. Staying under TDE today.

Thank you for those that commented or responded to queries etc within my last post. Much appreciated!!!

Keep going everyone we are getting so close now and im looking forward to tallying up just how great this forum has been for my weight loss. Ive had a few bumps along the way but ive found a new sense of focus and can share it with you guys and then pick myself up again 😀😀😀

Hi DorothyG noted and checked in for 29th.

Daisyandmillie (d&m) well done and if the fear of me and my big stick keeps you mindful of your pledge, it’s working lol.
    Once again no change in scale though I had to change my usual fd on Friday but not worried – I just need to stick to plan and not kid myself (must get back on mfp i think i need to keep track in case I have increased without realising it) and I will be rewarded with a whoosh! It seems looking back on my tracker it is normal for me to stay the same or up and down a little for a fewxweeks before going down by a couple of pounds (whoosh). I took my 87 year old dad out for lunch today and really enjoyed his company, the food and the weather. A lovely day!
    I have never picked up a bargain for clothes in charity shops if I see something i like it has never been in my size. However I did pick up a little dresser and mirror quite cheaply. Not good enough condition for the house but I painted it in nice bright colours opened the top and bottom drawers and planted plants in them. It is nice and quirky! Also picked up a large rectangular wicker basket which I lined and have planted herbs in it. All for a few £’s.
    Well done every one – be very proud!

Day 28, Los Angeles — NFD, going well but had some bread and a tortilla earlier today that I may rue tomorrow. Also made a cherry clafoutis for breakfast, reducing sugar by half and substituting stevia for the other half. I love that dish, and am so glad I can eat it nearly guilt-free on a NFD weekend morning. Shrimp salad for dinner, so I should possibly be near my TDEE.

I am especially proud of myself — forgive me for blowing my own horn, but yesterday I ate none – none! – of the many cherry pastries that someone brought to the office yesterday. I never imagined I could have the willpower to turn them down, but this 5:2 thing really is helping change my attitude towards food and snacks. Yay!

Australia Day 29 NFD – a busy and fun weekend. Eating and drinking too much but less than before 5:2 so feel okay with it.

Day 27, Wisconsin, USA

NFD…graduation party today. I fasted most the day not on purpose. Will dig in to reading posts asap.

Australia, day 29, nonFD,

Reading through the posts today There’s a lot of comments about how our thinking is changing with continued 5:2, especially when out with others and at work- how it’s easier to make healthier choices and less volume. It’s great isn’t it? We’d never have thought we’d be thinking that way so soon. I love 5:2 for all it brings.

Dollybird, I love to excercise and be very active. My dreams for my retirement years included lots of long walks, and lots of very long wlks, like the Appalachian Trail. I love to dance, and when I was younger I would have said I live to dance. My basic state is medically diagnosed as hyperactive. Since having ME/CFSthough, my very very best days I don’t go over 8000steps, and none of that is fast.. My usual daily steps is 4000, and on a very bad day can be in the 00’s. I have to keep my heart rate under 120bpm. Before 5:2 I had to keep it under 110bpm. Steps and slopes are a challenge. I am very happy, in fact joyful, sing it from the rooftops joyful, to say that 5:2 can get the weight off without exercise. It requires that I eat leanprotein at the lower cal end and only low cal low gi fruits and veg, and I always choose the lowest cal of anything , but, I still eat a little cheese and other dairy, some nuts, and Inhave the usual celebratory meals. I also eat in a 16:8 pattern on nonFDs. I’ve now lost 17kgs (37lbs or 2stone 9lbs). It’s taken about a year, and I am continually amazed. I’m not the only restricted mobility person on the forums to have lost weight with 5:2.

Please don’t get me wrong, I am all for exercise – use it or lose it, as the saying goes. And it’s very true. I am not, physically, who I would have been before this crappy illness took hold. It ages one faster than normal, but 5:2 has been amazing. I’m now 4kg ( 8 1/2lbs from my goal weight). One thing in my favour was that I was fit and strong before I became ill. I’m so glad I was, as it has helped long term.

So please, everyone, stay fit, strong, and healthy. Enjoy it and know that you and 5:2 together will give you a much healthier, happier life. I’m using it to be in the best physical condition I can be. Recently I injured a leg, and having that challenge with standing and walking. How much easier that has been with 17kgs off. I can’t thank Dr Mosely enough for investigating intermittant fasting and coming up with 5:2 as a very sustainable version of it.

Onwards and Downwards everyone!
    Merry

PS, about weight loss stalling/plateaus,

I plateaued a bout 3 months in, and didn’t come out of it after about 4 weeks of contiuing 5:2. Others on the forum suggested I omit all starchy carbs and sugars. I did and the weight loss began again immediately. I can get away with birthday cake but not mych else. If I eat starchy carbs and sugars again the weight loss stalls.

Edzeko – it will be a wonderful party!!!

Good afternoon from South Australia Day 29
    It was morning when I began reading all your great posts.
    Thank you Merryme for your specific advice on how you have lost your weight and only 4 kilos to goal! I was thinking how much some cultures love chilli on their foods and if it does the same kind of thing as vinegar and lemon juice which is also acidic.
    It was also interesting to find out about Charity Shops in other countries and congratulations to healthyonahigh on those boots.
    Well done to Brightonbell a fellow rummager for getting to your Goal.
    Riw66 Congratulations on your weight loss as well, 25 years is a long time.

I was fed up before reading your posts. I have been fasting and then pow the weight just goes straight back on over the next one or two days. I had a FD on Friday, went out on Saturday to a Book Club which included a beautiful home cooked dinner and now I am the same weight as I was on Thursday. Friday was hard work and I was feeling rather dispirited but now I shall keep on trying. Bring on the chilli

All the best to everyone today and Onwards and Downwards

Australia – Day 29 – 13 days to go of challenge 🙂

Hello, a fasting day today 🙂

Fasts – 15 Non fasts – 14

France Day 29 Fasting

riw66 we started around the same time, for me it was April 12th. I am glad it is working well for you too!

I have had three non fast days, I find them really hard work! I prefer the fast days when I know where I am up to. This last three days I have had the same main meal. I made a lovely dhal, and it has lasted three days to eat it all. I didn’t want to freeze it. I eat loads of salad and some fruit too of course.

Today I am fit to fast! I am not too particular about how many days are FD and NFD, it is just as I feel. The joy of the FDs is that the scale goes down more obligingly! I lose about the same each week though. I record it all on my calendar. I don’t think I will do them back to back again, just more of them!

My poor dog is getting very tired. He loves walks, but we are going for long walks and he gets tired by home time. It is good to be able to walk. Often I have flare ups of the arthritis and my knees or a hip will go down. Then it is all injections and being patient. Last time was Christmas, so I am doing well. Part of my reason for this weight loss has been a wish to help my joints.

Dug out clothes that I haven’t used for ages today, and washed them all to make them nice and fresh. A whole new wardrobe, down a couple of sizes! It has been twelve years since I wore some of them.

I have been working around the garden in a pair of shorts, hoping to catch some rays! Although I am taking phials of liquid vitamin D, it can’t help to get some sunlight. Not sure why my body is so low on Vitamin D. The doctor didn’t have much explanation. I think because she is a Rumanian speaking French to an English woman, she is a bit minimalist in her explanations and I finish up on the Internet seeking answers. Maybe the new diet will help matters?

And…exhale thanks for the info about the Tracker. I did not realise that. I saw Meli’s question and was not sure of the answer.

Ciren2 Great to go up a church tower. I used to be a bellringer, and you sure get some exercise twice a week with the practice and the Sunday, not to mention the weddings! I haven’t done it for years now.

Chile is supposed to help in weight loss and I eat lots of it these days. A study found that 1g of pepper reduced cravings for salty, sweet and fatty foods and increased energy expenditure. Good to know.

UK Day 29 – Guests leave today, so back to my Sunday FD. Also weighed in and was chuffed to discover I’ve lost 1lb – really surprised considering the amount of cream and cheese that seems to be the basic plan on my guest’s food. Essentially getting rid of all sugar and replacing it with stevia. And then re-discovering a love of fat, and a hatred of carbs! I know this is quite a popular way forward, but it is so counter-intuitive to those who have been calorie-counting on our diets all our lives…and it feels like such a risk, because if I don’t manage to cut the sugar and carbs then essentially I’m on a high fat, eat everything, become the size of a house again!
    Anyway, love to hear your thoughts…

UK day 29 and a NFD for me. I’m feeling hungry but I don’t want to waste my hunger on something which isn’t delicious if that makes sense, so I am waiting for inspiration to strike. Also I am absolutely thrilled to report that I have ankles! I have had cankles for so many years. I’m even thinking I may be able to buy some strappy sandals this summer after years of clumpy sensible flats.
    Edzeko have a lovely day. Your online 5.2 friends will be thinking of you and your son.

Anonymous

NL day 29
    Apologies Coda for the confusion on my last post.
    Last week I had gotten my motorcycle out the garage and was planning a long weekend trip visiting family and staying the night at my sisters’. Looking at the weather reports I decided to go by car and hopefully next weekend I’ll do the second day of the planned trip on the bike.
    The weather reports are pretty good in Amsterdam, Coda. There’s some rain expected at the end of the afternoon. Did your son and his team have a good time? Did they win??!
    I was thrilled to read about the second hand store. I brought sooo many items there (still using the Marie Kondo method). Never actually purchased anthing – still waiting for a small writing table to come in.
    About a month ago I got a new jar of coconut oil. The date on it is 09-2017. It’s stored in th fridge and I use it for many purposes too.
    Recently I’ve also started drinking kefir again. Love the stuff and it has many benefits. Here’s just one link of the thousands: http://www.kefir.net/
    Today is another FD because yesterday I overdid it on the calories and this morning the scales were up 0.7kg! Pizza and wine are to blame for that.
    The numbers you’re all posting are pretty impressive. Your posts are definitely making me stick to my FD today.
    Edzeko- did you enjoy the party? How did it go. I bet you got loads of compliments! Congratulations!
    Actually…congratulations to everybody for the results and taking care of yourselves food wise or other!

Pacific NW USA: Day 28 NFD

Just finished catching up on the last 3 days posts. Wow – I have pages of “notes-to-self” but now I’m up too late! Such good advise and tips and I had you all in my mind today as I made my way through a conscientious NFD with house guests. I made breakfast for everyone but only had a “cleansing” helping of sautéed greens (after last nights heavy meal) with a latte for myself. We all went on a 10,000+ step window shopping walk then I had leftover shakshuka for dinner while grandma-sitting the baby. I feel tired after the long day but healthy. Also sort of surprised that the hunger monster reared it’s head a few times this evening which I satisfied with fresh berries.

I had some time to think about body image today while shopping. Hope I remember to mention it after the long weekend – till then busy from sun up till down! NFD tomorrow.

UK day 29, non fast day. Help….I’ve been stuck at the same weight and measurements for the last eight days which have included 4 water-only fast days. What is going on? I don’t make up for it particularly on non-fast days, I just eat normally. Ok, that includes chocolate, but I do want to be “normal” in my eating, not picky and diet-obsessed! Maybe I should only weigh once a week instead of after every fast day. Merryme, I see you plateaued for FOUR WEEKS and stuck with the plan. I will too, but giving up sugar and starch…beyond me, I fear? Sorry if my post sounds a bit downbeat. The good point is that I feel more energised on this regime.

Switz – Day 29 – NFD
    What a bumpy journey – some days this is a breeze and my will-power and self-belief power me through the day. Other days, like this one, not so much. I suspect I know what led me here – basically too much sugar in various forms yesterday. So today will be sensible, plant-based food to prepare for tomorrow’s FD. This plan really works as long as I keep a really close note of what I eat on MFP – my appetite is really not a good guide at the moment. Today my brain is doing that distracted ‘what’s in the cupboards??’ inventory of all sweets and snacks, and I have had to talk myself out of eating the cooking chocolate from the back of the baking cupboard.But on the sunny side, I am about to make myself a large mug of tea and I’m feeling a lot less yukky than I have for the last couple of days. Happy Sunday everyone!

Days 28/28.Cornwall UK. I couldn’t post yesterday as I had my dearest friend staying, she looks after her very disabled husband, he is in respite for a few days so I was able to persuade her to have real break!! It’s been a joy to pamper her, we have had a wonderful time non stop chatting laughing and crying!!
    Edzeko relax and enjoy the party! Im sure it’ll be so much fun!

So the past couple of days have been a bit of a challenge food wise with my friend staying and will continue with family social events over the holiday weekend and school half term next week. But I do feel in control,I may have gone over my TDEE a little, but this WOL has to be sustainable and Today is a new day! it is quite amazing this new minds set, A huge thankyou to Dr Moseley and to coda for this challenge.
    I decided to forgo breakfast this morning and may just go for a fast day as the family arrive tomorrow, which is my norma FD. Yep thinking that’s a good plan!
    I love the flexibility .
    Good luck to those who are struggling, please remember to look forward to your new day, not back to one that may not have gone so well. Get back on the horse and think of the lifelong benefits to your health.
    Coda I will hope to post tomorrow day 30but if not will do so asap.

Ciren2 – four water-only FDs in the last 8 days is a big calorie-deficit for your body to deal with. Could be your metabolism is slowing down in response. Why not go back to the original 5:2 plan for a couple of weeks and see if that help? Don’t despair, give it a bit more time!

Hi uk sunny day 29

Ciren2 I agree with and…exhale. the plan behind 5:2 is that with fasting 2 days and eating healthy the other 5 your metabolism does not slow. I think you should relax a little – more is maybe not so good. This is a plan for life and not a race. Enjoy the journey.

Edzeko hope the party went well – now relax and take a well earned rest, you have earned it.

Dutch my sons team won all the matches yesterday but lost one game this morning and drew their last game – which they should have won so unfortunately that is their tournament over. But now he can just relax.

US, Day 29, Upstate NY. Holding steady despite an abundance of snack food and wine. We put a new battery in the scale…but still not sure I trust it. New clothes from outlets. Smaller sizes.

Ciren2, even though weight has stayed the same, do you see any change in your body shape? Measurements?

UK day 29 had an early morning yoga class followed by a lovely long walk on the seafront , then back for a nice healthy breakfast, what a great way to start the day! Enjoying feeling fit and healthy

Dollybird – don’t be too hard on your self , exercise comes in many different forms and it sounds as though a do a lot -housework ,running round after kids it all counts , as many others have said its all about keeping active and healthy in my personal experience exercise doesn’t make a great deal of difference to weight loss ( it doesn’t do any harm but to actively lose weight you’d have to do an awful lot of exercise ) staying healthy and happy is more important

USA, oops forgot to check-in yesterday. Day 28 and 29 both NF days.
    Still struggling… persuading my scale…debating with food…

Australia Day 29. My weekly weigh in was on Friday and I am down 2.8kg so far. We have had a few social events the past few days but I have made mostly good choices except for the wine 😃 This afternoon I cleaned out my pantry and have a bag of biscuits and treats to take to work tomorrow. My colleagues can have the calories! With 2 weeks to go that’s 4 more FDs and hoping to squeeze in at least one extra FD, but no promises. Planning to include some more walking this week too.
    One close friend commented on my positive attitude. She said I seemed really happy. I told her about the 5:2 (only my husband has been aware up to this point) and she was so pleased for me. I am happy because I am in control. Can’t wait until people notice the weight loss. It will be interesting to see how many kilos down before that happens.

Ciren2 – I disagree with the others. There is nothing wrong with water fasting combined with alternate day fasts, in fact that was where most of the research on fasting came from to begin with. They realised that most people would struggle with that so came up with 5:2. The best diet is the one you stick with. I have had weeks where I have only lost a few hundred grams, then others where I have lost over a kilo. I have been at this for 3 months now and have lost over 12kgs in that time, and I had already lost about 5kg before starting this lifestyle. Just stick with it. If you want to go back to 5:2 then do it. As long as you are doing something you are moving in the right direction!

US/Day 29 – hoping to make today a FD, iced coffee this morning, cottage cheese and fruit before workout this afternoon and salad and grilled chicken and veggies for dinner – THATS IT! Nothing else goes in my mouth today! 🙂 I weigh myself everyday but only consider it “official” on Fridays. I struggle with whether it is a good thing to do or not. Sometimes I think yes, because I see it creeping up…..sometimes I think no because it can be frustrating and discouraging (and frankly sometimes downright shocking to see it go up or down 2 lbs overnight!). I do think maybe it helps me be more “mindful” from day to day. I do think that I am one of those people who will never be able to “eat anything they want on NFD” …..I just don’t see that working for me.

ABC1 – I think maybe I need to do more FD’s than NFD as well. It seems to keep things moving in the right direction, my biggest problem is I have a husband and teenage daughter that are NOT doing this WOL and I have to continue to cook, shop etc for them as well and sometimes I just get sick of planning (for them and me!) ….hahah!

I have one more week to get to a “mini” goal I set for myself …..not sure I’ll make it ….but I’m close. Last week I bagged up two garbage bags full of BIG clothes from my closet and dresser and handed them down to my mother yesterday (who is thrilled to get them) — it is very odd for me to look in my closet/dresser and see ONLY smaller clothes — I had a hard time parting with some of those clothes (I’ve had them for a couple of years – security blanket maybe?) ….but I love knowing the clothes I do have actually FiT 🙂

Best to all – staying the course, trying to keep the positive thoughts going – and putting it out there to all of you as well!

Hi,

California, day # 29. NFD. Woke up very hungry. I was very active yesterday (walking, hiking etc.) My next FD is going to be on Tuesday.

All the best!

Day 29– Colorado, USA

Today is NFD. Tomorrow is a holiday off work, so I’ll make that NFD too
    (so much easier to fast on work days. No access to food or drink while working in surgery!)

Also, typically I step on scales daily & track my weight on a calendar each morning. Changing that plan to not weigh myself again till end of challenge (is that June 11th?)

That will be REALLY TOUGH to break that daily habit, but between posting here daily (which I enjoy & find helpful) plus jumping on scales, I fear it’s a little too obsessive. I don’t want my day to feel so much like a success/ failure based on my weight. We are all more than just our Number!!!

So I’ll gladly keep up with the challenge & the thread…but stay off the scales till the end for my final weigh in for results.

Day 29. California. Today is a NFD. Ate too much pizza last night watching NBA playoffs. Will get back on track today. I am looking forward to my fasting day tomorrow. Must be off to work. Wishing everyone a great Sunday.

Day 29, Illinois – still early morning, can’t decide to make today or tomorrow a FD.

Cizzy – watched NBA last night too but did not eat pizza. Happy for GSW! What a 4th quarter!

Merryme and Brighton Belle
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I really admire your attitude Merryme – your fighting spirit will always stand to you.
    I totally agree with you BrightonBelle when you say that being healthy and happy are more important than anything else in this world.
    I’m enjoying reading all the posts and picking up tips along the way.
    Well done rlw66 for giving your big clothes away.l can’t do that. I keep them in my wardrobe, maybe I shouldn’t but I do. Good for you.
    NFD today and went for a 2 hour hike.It was wonderful.
    Food is not an issue today but am making intelligent choices!!!!
    Which is better -a glass of wine or strawberries and cream?
    How about a small glass of wine and a small portion of strawberries with cream?
    Talk about having your cake and eating it
    What are you supposed to do with cake if you don’t eat it? ?!!
    Cheers

Day 29 Surrey…3 pm it is now,and I still find the biggest change for me so far is the impact on my mindset. It is early days for me yet, and so really useful to read everyone’s posts, thank you all!

And YAY to dahliafan for disposing of your cankles & rediscovering lovely scrappy sandals for the summer time! That’s exciting progress!

Day 29 Midwest USA – NFD but i will continue with pretty low calorie.

i’m using nutritional shakes for meals – about 200 cals. I find that so much easier than figuring out portion control. I think i’ll do this for the moment unless i absolutely have to have an ordinary meal – like tonight, when we have guests for memorial day party.

over time i’ll have to ease back into eating more real food.

at least i’m using very high quality shakes, so i’m getting really good nutrition.

and i’m keeping up TONS of water / tea on NFD so i can get used to feeling less full and ignoring the siren call of ‘hunger” – also known as ‘habit’

i’m definitely addicted to food – especially sweet stuff, so now i want to figure out my version of abstinence – if i compare myself to an alcoholic – except we do have to eat.

i think telling myself ‘i am powerless over food’ is helpful to me. rather than pretending that i can deal with things that lure me – which for me is protein bars (fake candy bars essentially)

have a great day everyone

Strong, any sweetener in those skakes?

Day 29 in Los Angeles. NFD. Scales say I’ve not gained anything for the last 3 days (since my last FD), and I’m actually down about 1/2 lb since then. Keep going everyone — this is working, slowly but surely!

Thanks those with feedback on my cry for help this morning. K-Lo, yes my measurements are also stuck. ETJ, I read about the original research based originally on alternate day fasting. It seemed to show that metabolism was not affected because of the normal eating every other day. I think all the volunteers lost weight over the period of the experiments. Well, I suppose you could say I have, but not over the last 8 days. It does sound awfully like my body is adapting and hanging on to my fat and wants me to accept my new weight and way of life as it is. I have other views with well over a stone to go. Anyway, I will stick with the plan, fast 2 or 3 days per week, especially when I am back at work next Tuesday onwards. I will weigh only once a week from now on so as not to be obsessed by the figure on the scale. I will continue to walk briskly every evening so as not to snack during the evenings.

K-lo – shakes have stevia as sweetener – i’m ok with having stevia….

UK day 29 nonfd but again opting for healthier alternatives. Feeling good 😀

Day 29 (again) –Colorado, USA

Just did a 12 mile bike ride with my OH. He’s nice & coasts a lot so we can ride together…otherwise, I’d be in his dust! 😉
    Then we stopped at the Gym to lift weights.
    Now I have to take my doggy for a walk (she’s losing her mind waiting for me.)

Thinking I may feel a bit sore tomorrow!! 🙂

Québec, day 29

At last, I broke the barrier of the 135 pouds where I had been stuck for about 2 weeks. This morning, the scale showed 134,4 after yesterday’s fast.

I reached my short term goal for the week. Will it stay like that or will it come back up, I can’t know. However, I noticed that if I regain weight it is now much easier to get back to my last minimal weight ( not sure that my idea is clearly expressed here !). For example, if I get back up to 137, it will be easier to get back down to 135 since I was there once before ( is it clearer ???? Hihihi).

I am mentionning this to encourage those of you who say that the numbers don’t go down fast enough. Don’t stop this WOL, you will feel better and start seing the benefits sooner or later.

Funny, this morning I was thinking : Money in our bank account is just the opposite of pounds ( or kilos ) in our body.

While money accumulates slowly and disappears quickly,
    pounds accumulate quickly and disappear slowly !!!

That’s it for the philosopher in me 🙂

My next FD is planned forThusday.

Wishing everybody a very nice week. May you reach your short term goals. And, as Coda tells us often, celebrate the small successes.

Aussie day 30 FD for me today might try three FD’S this week I weigh myself after the last FD for the week as I find the scales going up and down too disheartening.

Day 29 Northern Spain NFD.

Still alive and managed not to overeat.
    Fishing Gran – hang in there – maybe you should give yourself a break from the scales for a while but continue with your new healthy lifestyle.
    Rome wasn’t built in a day.
    I don’t weigh myself at all but I can tell by my clothes.
    Tomorrow is a fast day for me and I have prepared a fat free bolognais sauce which the whole family will eat but I won’t have spaghetti, I’ll have a baked potato instead.
    Good luck with your fast day if you are doing one.
    Cheers and remember : eyes on the prize! !!

US SE Day 29 NFD. My company left and I just got home from a weekend with other family. Miss them all but glad to be back in my routine. Thankfully I managed to do both FD’s although I did have to switch Thursday to Friday. I think I lost 1.5 lbs this week so I’m happy with that. I can’t believe we only have 13 days left of this challenge… makes me sad. Looking forward to July 1st!

Ciren2– I like your plan, it sounds very doable & should lead to success if you stick to it & remain patient. (I’m looking forward to reading about your “whoosh” of dropped pounds when your body leaves its plateau!)

I have a trip with OH coming up at the end of June, so I want to buckle down & really make some progress before then. My plan looks similar to yours:

1– bump up from 5:2 to 4:3, on working days. It helps that works keeps me busy, plus no access to food/ beverage in the OR.

2– stop weighing myself daily. Seeing that number can really impact my mood (& it shouldn’t!) It will feel so strange staying off the scale, but I’m shooting to check my final weight at the end of the Challenge.

3– I like your idea of the evening walk to avoid snacks. From now until my trip, I pledged to myself to exercise a minimum of 20 mins each day. No excuses! Walking the dog, weights, jogging, biking… whatever. Just 20 mins (& luckily once I make the effort to get moving, I manage to keep going.)

Good luck to you, Ciren (& all you lovely people on this thread!) You can do it!!

Good morning from South Australia Day 30
    Less than two weeks to go!

Ciren2 I am sending you lose weight vibes across the globe from Australia. I understand you are having a 24 hour water only fast, then eating normally for 24 hours and then having another 24 fast etc which is the alternative fast days method advocated by Dr Fung and other people. I hope you don’t mind me asking but do you weigh yourself at the start of your 24 hour fast and then 24 hours later when it ends? If you do try this is their any difference in the numbers?

What happens with me is I always fast for 36 hours because it seems to take my body around 24 hours to work out it is even on a fast and for the scales to start moving downwards. Ideally I start around 7pm and that way it is two nights and only one full day I am fasting. Over the 36 hours I lose between 1-3 pounds and usually I eat a quarter of my TDEE. However as I moaned about in my last post I can sooo easily regain that weightloss in the next day or two. I only fast twice a week.

All the best to everyone today and Onwards and Downwards

Hi,

This is interesting, about Therapeutic Fasting, by doctor Fung.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk

Viewing 50 posts - 1,501 through 1,550 (of 2,344 total)

You must be logged in to reply.