4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

This topic contains 2,656 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 2,659 total)

• Howdy from New York. Just flew back from a business trip in Finland last night so wasn’t surprised to see my weight had crept up 2lbs in the past week (have you ever tasted Finnish chocolate ? OMG).
    Anyway starting weight is 152.2lbs (yes, we still use pounds 😀). I’m thinking I’ll make Tuesday and Thursday my fast days as I do hot yoga Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Day 1– Colorado, USA

Can’t believe I’m putting my stats up in writing. Yikes! Makes it so real.

But I was disappointed to have not measured at the very start of 5:2. So I’ve already made progress…I just don’t know how much. From now on I will know!

Also, I’m hoping that writing my stats out in public will motivate me even more to really go for the gusto these 4 weeks!

Weight = 147 (66.8 kg) (10 st. 7)
    Bust = 39.25
    Waist = 32.75
    Tummy = 37
    Hips = 38.5

Ok. There it is. I am now officially excited!!! Let’s do this! 🙂

NorrieB– that is one of my goals too: to establish a way of life & get on with it, to not think of food ALL the time. So far, 5:2 is nudging me nicely toward that end. I hope it does well for you too!

Patti67– Starting my day with breakfast also kicks off my appetite. I end up blowing my Fast Day once I start to eat. If I save my 500 calories to sit down for a healthy dinner with my OH (& only drink calorie-free beverages all day) I tend to meet with better success. Good luck to you, you’ll find what works best for your own body as you go!

G’day from a very cold South Australia, day 1 done and it was ‘n complete disaster, we had our financial yearend and work was hectic, we had cake at work. Luckily it wasn’t my FD. My goal is to stick to my daily allowance and fast Mondays and Thursdays, and walking 3xweek. Standing weight is 76kg I have 14kg to loose 😫 nighty night from Australia.

Florida, US – Day 1
    Weight 161.0 lbs

FDs are Tuesday and Thursday. Just finished my 3rd FD yesterday and I’m down 2 lbs! Not sure that will last, but it made me feel good.

I love reading this board and all support you provide. Thanks!

Day 1 of 27 (Away on 28/7) Dorset, UK
    Non fast day.

Height 5’4
    Weight 10st 10.5 (150.5 lbs)
    BMI 25.9
    Body Fat 37%
    Bust 38
    Waist 32
    Hips 42

BMR 1258 and TDEE 1509 (based on interim goal weight)

Challenge aim: 10st 5 (145 lbs) so loss of 5.5lbs by Thurs 28th.

Plan is for 3 Fast Days of 400cals max – based on 25% of TDEE – eaten at 1 meal in the evening.
    And 4 non fast days of 1200cals – worked out to give me weekly deficit of just under 3500 – eaten over 2 meals – lunch and dinner.

Exercise:
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred for daily HIIT
    and planks etc as per challenge.

Feeling motivated and excited. This could be tough but its only a short blitz to see some fast results.
    Checking in every day will hopefully keep me accountable and it will be great to see others progress too!
    I may have to post more than once a day if I need support!
    Only started 5:2 properly at beginning of June but have already lost 5.5lbs.
    Eventually aim is to reach 9st 7 so need to lose 23lbs, so 17.5lbs to go.

Wishing everyone a good start to the challenge x

US SE Day 1 NFD…. It’s good to be starting back. I did keep to the program while we were on break and managed to drop another 4lbs. Am happy to welcome my daughter abby0862 and my sister coolcat to the forum. Delighted that they’ve joined me and wishing them success for the next four weeks ☺

USA Day 1.
    Starting weight 143.6 lb. Goal to lose 5 lb.
    NFD today. Had a nice walk with my dog in the morning.

Day 1 – Good morning sunshine! Greetings from New Hampshire, USA

My fasting days will be Monday and Thursday and my starting weight this morning was 144.3; I haven’t been below 150lbs for about 20 years and I’m feeling a little giddy when I consider the possibilities. I started this plan last month when my previous diet just stalled and then stopped; I ended up loosing 6 pounds. My goal this month is to see something in the 130’s when I step on the scale on August 1. My weight loss journey started almost a year ago when I saw the scale creep up to 180 pounds and I knew that enough was enough and I needed to do something about my health.

Have a great day everyone and I’m looking forward to getting to know you all.

UK Day 1 NFD
    Hi everyone! This is my first time for an active forum – thanks Coda for the inspiration!
    OK, here goes:
    Wt 13 st (182 lb)
    Ht 5′ 7.5″ (the 0.5 inch is important!)
    BMI 28.1
    WHR 0.53
    Bust 45.5
    Waist 36
    Hips 43
    Neck 14.5 (have never measured my neck before!)

Goal for this challenge 12st 7lb (175 lb) ie 7lb loss
    Ultimate goal 11st 5lb (159 lb) ie 23 lb total

FD Mon & Thurs – split across 2 small meals (lean protein & veg; no carbs)
    Exercise goal 2 Gym sessions/week with weights for toning + 2 cardio sessions/week, plus Coda’s suggestions of plank etc (why is that so hard?!)

Good luck everyone!

Happy Friday one and all. I have started the 4 week challenge and today is a FD for me. I also did a 1 hour pilates class and a 30 minute walk.

Have a good day 😁

Theo, I know you can so it!

What a plonker I am. !!!

I have run up and down stairs, walked on the spot, doing squats up and down arms swinging, then a hospital appointment walking up and down corridors, why do they make hospitals so big..

Why a plonker…

My Fit Bit is on my PJs under my pillow. 😁😁😁😁

What a good start to day 1

Brazil!!!! 01 of July Challenge

The country is tropical for those who live above the Tropic of Capricorn, this winter, cold and cloudy.

Fasting only Monday, but keeping all the care with feeding.

Today I will not make pro gym HIT, but have climbed 12 floors of the building where I work, I will repeat at lunch time over a 40-minute walk.

On Friday have breakfast in the company, is the only day that I eat in the morning, I do not feel good eating early …. then jump lunch.

Below my numbers, the goal is to lose! I’m already a victorious because I am with the weight of 20 years ago, I can not rush my body, I have to give it time to repair the damage of bad power decades.

WEIGHT: 105.0kg BUST: 99.0cm WAIST: 93.0cm HIPS: 123.0cm NECK: 33.0cm

WEIGHT: 231.5lbs BUST: 39.0in WAIST: 36.6in HIPS: 48.4in NECK: 13.0in

Hugs to all

Ottawa, Canada
    Just finished the second week of the FastDiet and looking forward to staying focused this summer and over the next four weeks as a go on vacation and to a family wedding.

Weight: 198.5
    Chest: 47
    Waist: 46
    Hips: 48
    Goal: 149.9 – a long way to go as I need to bring exercise back into my life – perhaps some hot yoga. I will put my fitness tracker back on when it fits my wrist – it got a bit tights.

Hi everyone – what an enthusiastic bunch!
    Myaramya – that’s fine
    HollyLT – try is all I ask you will improve your 20 secs I have no doubt if you practice.
    Minols – I understand how busy life can get especially during school holidays – just be mindful and do your best.
    DebbieQ – do you mean asweet0862 and not abby0862? Did she change her name and not tell you lol

So for me I was delighted to find on the scales this morning I was 11.10 or 74.4 which is down from end of last challenge – I planked 30 sec, rest and planked another 30 secs this morning and plan to do same tonight. Plan to start week 1 of couch 2 five k again and will do my best to run as fast as I can in the intervals. Though it may be a bit of a wet one 🙁

My goal for this challenge would be to lose 5lbs – I would be happy with that.

If I said we are a lot of plankers does that sound bad lol!

Well done everyone! keep up the good work.

How annoying Symba – all that effort!

Brazil!!!! 01 of July Challenge

It was my wrong measures, the system jumbled!

WEIGHT: 105.0kg BUST: 99.0cm WAIST: 93.0cm

HIPS: 123.0cm NECK: 33.0cm

WEIGHT: 231.5lbs BUST: 39.0in WAIST: 36.6in

HIPS: 48.4in NECK: 13.0in

Hugs to all

Welcome also to Patti67 and Jomac1928

Day 1, Wisconsin, USA. FD.

Yay!!! We are back on track. I left the last challenge with a goal to be at a certain weight by the start of phase two. I’m not at that weight. But, I’m not discouraged. I’m still towards the lower end of my normal range, and I still feel in control. I’m learning that “feeling in control” is key for the psychological health of many women as it pertains to their weight and body image. That’s one reason I like 5:2. The program is manageable for me, and it works.

I have my bag of raw veggies and apple to eat at work. Tonight will be a salad with vinaigrette and some berries for dessert. Lots of tea, water and coffee.

I would like to lose a pound a week for the next four weeks.

Oh…I also should say that I am super excited to have two of my sisters joining this group. We were trying to keep each other accountable on our own, but I noticed that staying accountable to your sisters doesn’t work quite as well as staying accountable to strangers. :)))

Good luck everyone!!!

Tried to do FD yesterday after a vacation. I blew it between 3-5. So today being the official challenge start I’m going to get through it today. Saw so many success stories today on FB so I’m really wanting this to work.

Darn. Sorry. Forgot my weight.

150 lbs

Would like to be at 146 at the end of this challenge. That’s where I was at the end of the last challenge. That’s how much this group helps me.

Austin, Tx Day 1

Fasting MWF and a half day on weekends. Hoping to heal an injury faster so I can exercise.

Height 5’3″
    Weight after a very salty NFD 138.5. lbs
    Clothes: size 8-10

Goal: 123 lbs clothes size 4-6

I’m short and very small boned so the 20 lbs I’ve gained in last 2 years looks like 50 on average height!

Challenge Plan: meditation 2x/day, daily injury rehab, walking 10,000 steps

Day 1 Gloucestershire UK: This is supposed to be a fast day, but I had breakfast. Bad move as I’m just as starving now (mid-afternoon) as I would have been without breakfast, with the downside being that I’ve used up all my calories.

we are becoming a family in more ways than one by the sounds of it.
    Kayhon – start your post day (whatever) and where you are from. Not sure if this was your official post or just dropping in lol.

Day 1 France

I am too embarassed to write my weight so I am going to use my target weight and work towards that. My target is 73kg which I estimate will take me a year to reach. I’m did my first FD on Tuesday before the challenge started and I’ll do the next one tomorrow. Normally I’ll do Monday or `Tuesday followed by Wednesday or Thursday.

Hi Clemmi – don’t be embarrassed we are all in the same boat and if you believe it will take you a year to get to your target it is no different to others who would have the same or more to lose. This forum also provides a little anonymity but whatever you feel comfortable with. Break down your ultimate goal in smaller pieces so for instance your first goal would be to be 5 or 7lbs less at the end of this challenge. This seems more achievable rather than the end result – bitesize your weight loss.

oops hit me with my big stick – forgot to start my first post with Day 1 UK – it is a fast day for me and just about to go for my first run of the challenge but definitely going to get wet going by the big grey sky.

Hello, Clemmi !!!

Already eliminated 22 kg and even weight 105 kg, this group nothing in shame, it is important to us to support us in this goal, I wanted to decrease over 15 kg and I think it should take about two years, but we will always ahead, the important thing is regain health.

A big hug from here in Brazil !!

Pacific NW USA: Day 1, Liquid FD

Hooray for the next challenge!! Plan: FD’s M-T-F with 500 fast on Mon and liquid only fast on T&F. NFD’s S-Su-W-Th will be 1200 cal according to myfitnesspal. fastexercise app strength and walking 2-3 miles on M-W-F, fastexercise app HIT and PTist’s hip exercises on T-Th-Sa, Sunday will be family fun activities!

Over the 3 week interim I lost 10.2 lbs, down 1 inch in waist, 1.5 in hips, 1.5 in bust and .5 in neck. However, the measurements have actually fluctuated up and down and at times I’ve felt like I wasn’t losing any inches and may have pulled the tape a little tighter to bolster my motivation. Overall my weight loss and a little more ease in clothing is feeling great but without shedding any more inches I haven’t gone into smaller size clothes yet. I am eagerly awaiting that and will take splendid joy in donating current clothing!

Setting short term goals for weight loss and inches off is very hard for me. My long term goal is to return to the size and weight I was when I felt the best before health issues intruded, that was 10 years ago. I can plan and execute what I will do in the short term but it’s all still a bit of a mystery for me what will happen as a result, plus I have so far I want to go that the short term sometimes feels frustrating. I started 5:2 on April 28th and have just been trying to learn as much as I can since then. I need to do what I can to stay in the moment and 5:2 is helping me do that!!!!

Good perseverance to all and to all a few pounds less!

Day 1, Québec

133 pounds,
    37.5 inches

We had a dinner with friends yesterday and I exagerated a bit.
    Today was aiming at a FD but not sure of the issue because we have another dinner.

Here in Quebec the winter is so long and cold that when summer arrives at last, we all go crazy and want to eat, drink, chat and have fun with friends …. OUTSIDE.

My husband lost his dearest father this week and our scedule is quite turned around.

I will be back with more precise goals in the coming days.

Bonne journée x

Day 1 in Los Angeles!
    Support and congratulations to everyone here.
    My goal this time is to make another small dent in the approx 35 lbs I still want to lose. A loss of 5 lbs over this period would be quite good. Right now my BMI is 28.9 — yay! I’m officially quite overweight but not quite obese anymore! I will continue doing my (500 cals or less) FDs on Mondays and Thursdays. I will also make an effort to do a bit more moving about each day.
    Onward!

Reporting from Gozo, Malta. Weight this morning 75.3 kilos about ten kilos from target weight. It was a fast day for me today. I’ll be doing Monday, Wednesday and Friday as fast days. I have got my daughter who’s going to fast with me. My husband will be fasting on Monday and Friday. It was black coffee for me this morning, salad leaves and lettuce with tomatoes and 200g cottage cheese for lunch; and frozen veg (broccoli, cauliflower nd carrots) with a portion of baked salmon for dinner. I had plenty of fizzy water with some lemon juice all day long. Exercise was going up stairs for six times only. I know I need to exercise and plan to go to the gym two or three times a week.

I’m going to be a grandmother for the fourth time the first week of August. Hopefully I’ll be some kilos lighter by then. Good luck everyone and good night.

California, USA, day 1. Today is a FD. I usually fast on Mon-Thursday but yesterday was a lake day at my brother’s cabin and found it difficult to keep to my 500 calorie limit by the time dinner was served. I am starting at 171 lbs. I ended the last challenge at 172 lbs. I guess I went into maintanence mode during the break. I am hoping to get into the firm 160’s weight range by the end of this challenge. I have lost a total of 17 lbs since starting 5:2. I organized all my clothes and now able to fit comfortably back into my jeans and other clothes. I have three bags of clothes to donate and look forward to donating more.

I tried planking today, 25 sec x 3. My brain thought it would no be a problem, but the body told a different story. They are hard but will keep to it. Thanks to back2future for the modified plank video. I may need to incorporate it in the challenge of planking. I plan to do HIT excercise on my stationary bike later today.

Thank you Coda for starting this next challenge.
    Wishing a successful day one to all.

UK day 1 nonfd. Kept below TDE.

Weight and measurements done. Weight up 2lbs but i am on my second nonfd in a row and i ate stodgy foods like bread and vegetable crisps so i know im holding water weight as well as the added bloating from the painters 😲😵😲 I did weigh in on weds this week too as i wanted to see if my 2 consecutive fd’s were successful and i was down 3 lbs so i know i can easily drop the excess. I am only a few pounds away from having lost 2 stone so this is my target for this challenge!

Plan to fast mon/wed with some mon/tue consecutive fasting depending on mood. I also always do at least one midway day at around 800 cals which seems to help me on nonfd’s.

Exercise will be alternating HIT and strength days with sundays free. I also walk for at least 30 mins and dance my baby to sleep at least four times a day. I am going to start wearing my fitbit again so i can set a goal of 10000 steps! Today i did my dancing, walking and took the little one for his swimming lesson which is basically mummy holding a wriggling 1stone bundle of yummyness while squating and bobbing for half an hour – im counting that too!

Off to a good start 😀

Day 1 UK. Sorry for late post, but a very busy day preparing for family arriving tomorrow for 10 days!

Stats :
    Height 5.4
    weight 149.5lbs
    bust 38.5”
    waist 34.5”
    tummy 41”
    hips 40”
    FDs Monday and wednesday
    Goal 1-2lbs per week and to loose inches from waist and tummy!

NFD today, a good walk , housework and running with grand daughter. Had a really bad sleepless night needed carbs, so a bowl of cereal this eve (first for 2months!) Still under tdee just! Hoping for a good nights sleep tonight.

Good luck to all, onwards and downwards!

Hello from Northern Spain again.
    Today has been a fast day for me.
    I fast on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
    This month I have signed up for pilates on Mondays and Wednesdays.
    I have started walking home from work instead of taking the bus.The journey is 7km.
    I haven’t weighed myself as I don’t have a weighing scales and besides, they make me nervous!!I go by how my clothes fit.
    I would like to take control of my bad habits and build up my physical strength.
    I feel quite focused at the moment.
    I hope everyone enjoys this experience as much as I did during the last one.
    Thank you again Coda for organising this forum.
    Cheers!!!!

Colorado, USA (again on Day 1)

K-Lo… that sweater looks lovely! Wish I could knit, can only crochet. Unfortunately, too busy with work to pick up new hobbies. That may be something I can learn closer to retirement, I hope.

DebbieQ… How awesome to have family members also on board with 5:2. Did you win them over with your good lead & success?

Theo… Congrats on your weight loss already! Great progress! I love hearing about others’ success. Gives me hope to hit goals too.

Symba7… Not sure what a plonker is, but “Dang it” on the forgotten FitBit. All that fabulous activity didn’t get tracked, but your body still knows that it happened! 😉

Happymargo..

Plonker means stupid!!

Won’t forget it tomorrow
    X

SlimnHealthy– don’t know what your injury is, but I hope the rehab goes quickly for you!

Edzecko– so your sisters don’t keep you in line the way an international group of strangers does? I get it! I did not lose any more over our break (but i didn’t gain either. Yay!) This thread really keeps me accountable. I’m shooting for 4 lb loss too.

Coda– Good luck on your C25K (couch to 5K) training. That program has worked well for MANY beginner runners. I did it too, but had to stretch out the time frame with smaller increments of improvement (& even repeat a few weeks.) But it worked & I totally love going running with my dog now. Have FUN with it!!

ANAIDE– agree that it’s a great goal to regain health. I’m doing 5:2 not only for weight loss, but hopefully enjoy some of the other wonderful health benefits of intermittent fasting too.

Quebecoise– My condolences to you, your husband & family for the loss of your father-in-law.

Sunshine Coast Aus Day 2. Successful FD yesterday. 109.8 kgs this morning, so have reached my 3rd milestone. First was under 120, 2nd under 115 and now 3rd under 110.0kgs. I know it will go above again when I eat today, but that doesn’t cause me concern as I know my FDs do their thing and ultimately progress in the downward direction. Walked yesterday. My first plank only managed 23 secs. Oh my! Long way to go but it is a start. Did one jog on walk between 2 lampposts. I’m on my way to freedom and happiness again, aha aha😀 Hi Anaide, we continue to walk the same path. Love those Brazilian hugs🙋🏻

Aussie day 2 sorry to hear of your loss Quebecoise and Clemmi don’t feel embarrassed it’s going to take me a while as well we are all in this together.good luck Coda i have only got as far as 4 x 200 meter runs on the beach but that is farther than i could before i started I must try without my pup he has tripped me a few times at least the sand makes a soft landing.

Today has been a FD for me after having one on Wednesday, so really pampering myself. Had a massage this morning then did some retail therapy.

Guess what, guess what?! The XL pants were too big! This makes me so happy as I have not bought any new pants for a while. So happy to be able to get a L in one item and size 14 in another where I always needed a 16.

I am happy to see others who are in our 60’s. I turned 68 in May, so I think I am the oldest one here. Someone has to be. 🙂 But I am happy to be quite healthy, take no medications, just want to lose about 10 more pounds if possible.

What do we do about the excess skin we have leftover when the fat is gone?

Coda… lol… The kid has so many alias’s I don’t know whats what half the time 😊

US Day 1- NFD

So happy to be starting! Did some water aerobics today and will start planks as well. Felt pretty good about today so far! Fast day tomorrow in prep for a BBQ on Sunday with family.

Coda- Yes she did mean asweet0862! I’m so excited to join all of you.

I wish everyone a happy Friday!

Still waiting for some to post on day 1 and already Fuvvie in Australia is on day 2. Don’t forget the commitment you made in signing up to this challenge. All it takes is a minute to post and you can catch up on everyone’s posts later.

Quebecoise so sorry to hear about the death of your father in law. Please pass on my condolences.

Ireland -Day 1 NFD. On vacation in the US at the moment but glad to be on board with the challenge and plan to fast two days a week.

I am so proud of this group and the way you have been implementin exercise. From Fuvvie doing one jog on her walk between lamp posts, water aerobics, skipping, biking, walking 7 km from work, walking up 12 flights of stairs. I am very imprested everybody. Keep up the good work. It is so inspiring to read of the successes and achievements be very proud of yourselves.
    Happymargo I had actually completed c25k toward the end of last year but it is so true – use it or lose it, hence back to begining. Nite all x

hello all
    california, day 1, starting this challenge seriously this time with being very careful for what I eat
    my doctor said i am kinda having very slow metabolism so I need much efforts and discipline in losing weight
    tomorrow will be my fasting day

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 2,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply.