31 Day March 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
31 Day March 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 3,249 replies, has 179 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,751 through 2,800 (of 3,256 total)

• Day 26: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD, Mothers’ Day, British Summer Time!

Okeydokey: What a fantastic weight-loss….congratulations!! and thanks for April.
    Mrsgettingthere: Try not to despair….you and me both. There’s always tomorrow. xx
    Jarbia: As above,hugs xx.

Day 26 – Switzerland – NFD (Day 25 also NFD)

Can’t believe I forgot to post yesterday! I caught up with everyone else’s then forgot to add my own… Friday’s FD went well, happy to say that I’m feeling much better, but wow did that cold knock me off my feet. Thanks for the recommendation of Xylitol nasal spray/gum @obesa – I kept up my liquids and did regular steam inhalations with ‘Vicks VapoRub’ which did the trick (and reminded me of my Mum rubbing Vicks on my chest when I was a kid!).

Today is UK Mothers’ Day, and we also skipped forward to Summer Time. Having woken early, I was shooed back to bed by the kids who wanted to surprise me with breakfast in bed, which was very sweet of them, if slightly less of a surprise. Swiss Mothers’ Day isn’t until May, which is a good thing as Swiss mothers are far too organised to tolerate a time change on their special day…

I try to stick to one post a day as we’re such a big group, but this has to cover two days, so sorry it’s a bit longer than usual. Just wanted to say
    @monkeydo – good luck with the move!
    @at – love the sound of your yurt yoga, what a lovely day!
    @onahealthyhigh – ‘I eat whatever I fancy on NFDs but whatever I fancy has changed’ – really love this, totally true, I can feel the change happening here too, even with food I used to ‘crave’.
    @mogaman – lobster nachos and white wine spritzer in Florida, feels as exotic and tempting as @dykask‘s glorious cherry blossom festival!
    @bert1802 and @fatrabbit – thank you so much for delving into your past experiences and sharing your feelings. It is really helping me unravel the origins of my dysfunctional eating too, and sharpen my resolution to do the right things for me now
    @erikaa67 – wow, that makes total sense, of course caffeine would have more of an effect now there’s 13kgs less of me, I never thought of it like that. Thank you!

2nd post – I’m 21 hours into the fast and so far it has been an easy fast. I believe that having my gut loaded with fiber really helps the fasting at least through the first day. I’m just starting to feel some slight hunger.

I plan on just continuing the fast tomorrow. Monday is my normal fast day and every hour the fast becomes stronger and burns more fat. While I haven’t been that active today, I’m still burning around 100 calories an hour. However right I thing my body is probably just starting to burn some fat. I kind of feel a difference about this far into a fast. More of an emptiness than anything else. My cheeks feel empty and my gut feels a little empty. I’ve noticed this feeling multiple times. It might be all in my head too.

Still I pretty strongly believe the amount of fat I’m burning now is increasing by the hour. Maybe a few grams an hour now, maybe by this time tomorrow I be up to 6 or 7 grams of fat being burned an hour.

Day 26 Australia NFD

Day 26 UK NFD

Day 26 Maine NFD

Good morning all – on the road – made it to Georgia for a big grilled shrimp & salad dinner. Delicious – then a little Dairy Queen before bed – they’ve started stating their calorie count for each treat on the ordering board…good news, bad news! I didn’t want to know how many calories in a peanut buster!!

Make it a great day everybody!

Day 26 / UK / FD

Could have done without dinner last night, but am planning FD B2B, so I thought a little indulgence is okay. We’ll see how tomorrow goes: first second B2B FD that falls on a work day… could be easier with the distraction, could be disastrous. But so far, so good and I am determined to be positive in this fabulous sunshine. Happy Sunday, everyone!

Day 26 – FIN – NFD

Today’s weight: 63.4 kg

Not that bad of a result in terms of this week, especially taking into account that I’ve been mostly living on sandwiches and vegetables/fruits the past few days. Despite not having an exact weight loss goal for this month, I would have hoped to see more definite results – a 0.3 kg difference since the first weigh-in (8th March) so far during this experiment is something I easily could have shed in a shorter time period by just monitoring my eating a little more closely.
    I have probably lost some fat – my collarbones are more defined than before, for example -, and my waist measurement has after a long time gone under x6.0 cm, but the overall difference there is still under 1 cm. I’m not seeing too many other benefits either – food might have more taste to it than before and the feeling the morning after a fast is pretty good, but I’ve had some problems with sleeping (waking up too early and thus not getting enough sleep) and my period is currently not on schedule. I’m starting to wonder whether this WOL is the right thing for me, but as mentioned earlier, I will continue my trial until Easter.

I sincerely congratulate the rest of you for your successes!

Day 26 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

Yesterday was rough with the social activities I had. The funeral lunch was quite a spread by the Lutheran ladies who fed us all too well. I avoided much at the birthday party, just a glass of cabernet and some cheese and crackers. I did take a cupcake home to have after my salad supper. Scale was not kind this morning as I am up 2.5 pounds. Ugh.

Today will also be challenging as I signed up for a “Paint ‘n’ Pour” this evening at our best Italian restaurant. They have limitless wine and and Italian buffet. The eating and drinking is coupled with community painting of common artwork. Acrylics that dry fast. I have 3 already here at home, still unsure exactly where to put them. It is just a nice night with friends to channel my inner Georgia O’Keeffe. The eating will be the challenge, but they always have salad there too along with the pizza, etc.

Happy Mother’s Day to all you mums who celebrate it.

@fatrabbit – the descriptions of your garden are so delightful! I bet everything is just beautiful. It sounds like you really enjoy all the spring vegetation.

@dykask – I am fascinated as to how you calculate just how much fat and calorie count you are burning up. What formula are you using?

@scs – sounds like you’re enjoying the road trip. DQ peanut buster is your choice? I don’t think I would want to know how many calories it has either! Ice cream puts me to sleep so I can never have a cone and expect to drive if we take a rest stop at a DQ. But think of all the protein in the peanuts!

Off to church to play piano this morning. Have a terrific day, everyone.

Day 26, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Hello everyone,

Good NFD yesterday, today another NFD. Then I will resume 800 cal until Friday, the last day of our March challenge and final weigh in. I am 1 pound away from my March challenge goal. Hopefully I will succeed.

Have a great Sunday!!! 😊🌸😊🌼😊

Day 26, Newcastle UK, NFD

Enjoying a lovely sunny Sunday in our garden.

Happy Sunday/Mother’s day.

Day 25 Chicago Illinois USA – NFD

Down 2 pounds 144!! Yeah. Thought I posted this yesterday, but did not go through.

Day 26 – NFD

Day 26 – USA – NFD

@dutch – feel better! @lany36 – we’ve all been there! Keep on keeping on! @jarbia – may I suggest you lower carbs and up your healthy fat intake to shed those last few lbs? @Chitowngirl – you go, girlfriend!

Hula hooping is still a work in progress; my friend Chitowngirl can do 320 rotations before the dang thing falls – I have only done up to 46! I’m wondering if I get this thing under my belt, so to speak, that I can venture jump roping in April? Mine is accumulating dust under the bed; might be fun!

Day 26 FD USA-WA
    Yesterday was going to be a FD but became a NFD when my hubby and I went out for a nice Mexican meal. The god news is that I actually feel a lot better today. As a person who is quite active (an exercise/dance/yoga teacher doing this diet to lose weight gained due to a med change and for brain health-I have epilepsy) , I do struggle to find the right amount of calories to both lose weight but still teach well and maintain the exercise I do. I still feel like I am figuring this out, but, reading the posts-we are all trying to figure something out, aren’t we? It is very supportive just to read everyone’s experiences. And, as we enter yet another day of rain in my neck of the woods, it helps to know the sun is shining somewhere🙂.

Day 26, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Today’s weight 141.4, below goal weight of 145.

Rained all day yesterday, everything is soooo green right now.

Wishing you all well and a special hello to my fellow Show Me Stater. I lived in St. Louis for a big part of my life. I graduated from McKinley High School, worked for A.G Edwards stock brokerage, lived in South St. Louis went I first got married and for several years until moving to Jefferson County (Arnold) before being blessed enough to land on a beautiful horse farm in the Ozarks. Still have lots of family and friends in the “city” – go Cards !

Happy Mother’s Day to those who are celebrating !

@songbirdme – It is a lot of guess work, but when I did 60+ hour fasts I started check ketone levels. By morning I’ll be getting close to 2 mmol/l and if I make it through tomorrow I’ll probably be a 4 mmol/l. So that tells me on the third day I’m burning twice as much fat as on the first day since ketones are a byproduct of burning fat.

Normally I’m around 1 mmol/l and at that level I’m not losing fat. (Probably the ketostick can’t be trusted.) Since Sept. my body fat has gone down about 7%, from 24.5% to the 17% to 18% range. The top number is directly from a DEXA scan, but mostly I use manual measurements and a pretty expensive bio-impedance scale. When I had the DEXA scan I found out I was measuring .5% high. Again I could be off by 1% or 2% but I think it is close. It works out that I lost about 700 g/month average and that was with 2 days of fasting / week. I’m pretty sure I’m not losing on my NFDs so that means I’m losing around 75g / FD. Assuming most of that is in the last 24 hours that puts be at around 3g fat / hour on the average. So by the end of the second day it should be about double that.

3g fat per hour is ~ 27 calories / hour. I use an activity tracker and my calories burned run from about 100 to 125 calories / hour depending on how active I am and when I fasted. After fasting my calories burn rate is typically 5% higher for a day. So the numbers are in the ball park.

A 3rd point of reference are some the charts in the “Compete Guide to Fasting” by Dr. Jason Fung, and his online blog. In general it takes men around 72 hours to get to the point where about 80% of their energy is from burning fat, women typically are faster them men, but they typically have a higher amount of body fat. So for me that means my maximum average fat burn rate would be no more than 10 g/hour since there is about 9 calories in a gram of fat.

So I created a little table that I’m kind of using.

0 hours – 0 g/hour – body is getting energy from sugars
    12 hours – ~1 g / hour (I also try to workout some before eating to push this)
    24 hours – ~3 g / hour (Most stored sugars are stressed)
    36 hours – ~4 g / hour (Probably some reclaiming of protein is happening)
    60 hours – ~6 g / hour (Based on ketones being double of 24 hour fast)

So there isn’t a simple equation, it is just based off of measurements over time and data presented from studies done.

In general though it takes more than 8 hours after eating before very much burning of fat can occur and it can take up to several days of not eating before the maximum rate of fat burning is occurring. So every hour one goes with out eating adds to the amount of fat being burned, but on the average that is probably only a few grams / hour.

Day 26…… Florida…… NFD

Seems that since I’ve gotten home from my trip up home, I’ve become addicted to what the scales say. Down another 1lb, even after a NFD! I must stop the constant weigh of myself, because I know I’m setting myself up for some disappointment.

Today, is another NFD, but I’m trying to control them, it seems to be working.

Chumi…… I know that when we first start out on any diet, we expect better results then we receive and it can be disheartening at best. I know the feeling of wanting to throw the towel in and go about mt merry way, this is one of the reasons, I need to talk to after reading your post.
    5:2 is a whole other beast and could never be classified as a diet but more as a way of life. One you start and never stop. Amongst popular belief, weight loss on 5:2 is slow at best, but it can be tweaked to show more weight loss. What other diet, can you do that on.
    So, to show more favorable results on the scale, here are some tips that may help you.
    1….. increase you water
    2…… cut back a bit on the bread. I’m a bread lover, so this can be difficult. But I’ve haven’t cut it out completely but limit it to Sat and Sun only.
    3…… watch the amount of calories you are consuming on NFD
    Lastly, which made a tremendous difference in the scales being nice to me, is rearranging the times when I do eat. I skip breakfast, so that I don’t open the flood gates. So my first meal of the day is about 12:30/1:00pm. This meal, I keep very lite. Normally, I do not go over 50 calories. Then my next meal is dinner with the family. In the beginning, I paid very close attention to the amount of calories but now I just eat. Then at 7:00 pm, I stop. I don’t eat anything but drink water.
    This last one, I do every day, no if ands or buts!
    I do not want to sound bossy or miss righty pants, so please forgive me if it sounds that way. I just know this way of life, is successful and I want you to see and feel it too.
    One more thing, the not sleeping thing, I believe is due to access amount of energy you have now that you changed you eating habits. It did take me sometime as well to overcome this but what helped me was getting more active and stopping eating when I do. I found out that if I eat past 7pm, my nights are sleepless. I think it’s because my body learnt to actually burn what I give it rather than storing it in my fat layers!
    Good luck to you!

Okay, well hubby has our Sunday family breakfast finished and the bacon smells wonderful, so I’m off!

Peace be with you all!

Day 26, Germany, NFD

Day 26–MA, USA–NFD

Day 26 – USA – NFD CD

Wishing everyone a Happy Weekend! ✨✨
    🍒🍇🍓Happy Mother’s Day to all who are celebrating!🌈✨☀️

I will be able to read the posts for the last 24 hours shortly.👍✨

I’m getting excited about the upcoming April challenge.✨☀️Summer will be here soon, it will be time to wear shorts and short sleeves in public✨✨ I really want to make my goal of 131 lbs. by June. 😊✨☀️

@snowflake56 Thank- you! You can’t see me right now, but I’m beaming. Thanks for being in this group!
    @gopackgo Wow, you’ve lost 7.5 lbs. so far this month! That’s great! On a side note, I have a low immune system so I tend to get sick 😷 easily. I take 2 – 4 oregano oil caps from GNC (that brand is gentle on the system. I just started taking Allimax garlic. It’s working well. Or possibly some chicken soup would help✨Hope you feel better soon!✨💛
    @notmyrealname I tried the Konjac noodles with zucchini and tomato sauce with shitaki mushrooms. ✨Thank-you ✨for the info😊I like feeling full without feeling bloated. Great for my and OH NFD dinner. The package says 0 carbs and 0 calories, tastes so good it’s hard to believe.✨The morning after I still feel satisfied!😊

✨✨✨✨✨🌈✨✨✨✨✨🌈✨✨✨✨✨

I was impressed to learn that our health and weight loss inspiration group was inaugurated by @coda way back in May 2016 – I joined the First Day of March 2017. Yes pretty new here😊 this month I have been inspired by our challenge headed by @at and hope the challenge continues as we continue to pull our group together for April and continue to support each other and make progress reaching our goals. ✨😊 I am happy to head up the April challenge so I will set up the new group “30 Day April 2017 Challenge” hopefully tomorrow, ready for everyone to sign up early so then we’ll be ready for Saturday, April 1 😊✨not fooling😊Will be good to see you all again and to welcome anyone new who wants to join! I love the way @at has lead the group. Hope it’s ok I will be following a lot of what she has done and said. ” If it works, don’t mess with it😊right?!?
    It’s quite a job.✨I’m hoping I can cope ✨but I know that that there will be great support from the many experienced voices here to help answer questions and give advice – ✨So in advance thank you to everyone for your support.✨😊✨

✨✨Keep on, Keepin’ on✨✨🌈✨Together we are Stronger✨✨

Day 26 Hampshire NFD

Day 26 NFD St. Louis USA
    Fasting tomorrow

Day 27/FD/Aus

2nd Post

I love 💛 reading all the posts. Just one more page to go. I will be able to read the rest soon.😊✨

@annnursekirk yes 😊✨we will be having an ✨April challenge. I’m looking to have the link set up Monday.😊 Welcome, please join.😊
    @missj2002 @onahealthyhigh @michaeles ✨ We are all doing our ✨Happy Dance! ✨💃✨Happy Dance!✨✨Any one else care to join?!?✨💃✨
    @onahealthyhigh @ciren2 Your Welcome see you there😊👏👍✨
    @missgettingthere don’t be so hard on yourself, it works if we continue on with our FD’s. I’ve been seeing it work in this group better than any other diet plan I’ve seen before✨😊✨ Our twins Birthday’s are coming up April 4th. I won’t be fasting that day.
    @monkeydo have a good trip and a great time on your travels.✨😊Looking forward to seeing you in the April group, in April😊✨👍
    @pugalug Good🎉For You! You have developed some awesome self discipline! Congrats🎉to you!!✨😊✨
    @and…exhale it’s nice that what we liked to eat had changed. I find myself wanting things that are healthy and not bloated… I wouldn’t have thought or believed that a month ago. 😂
    @dykask Good luck on your fasts. You are burning fat and the fat is turning to glycogen “If you don’t eat your body breaks down glycogen (chains of Glucose)to produce glucose,”Jason Fung M.D.
    ✨✨✨✨✨🌥🌥Information about fasting and burning fat 😊😊✨✨✨
    Information from an interesting article I read by: Jason Fung M.D.

“Blood sugar when fasting typically goes down a bit then stays in that normal range,”

“Muscles will start burning fat.”

Ketone bodies will provide most of the energy needed for the brain. A little bit of glucose which comes from glycerol, the back bone of the fat molecule. The glycerol turns into glucose and you have a little bit of glucose also for the brain. While fasting most of your body is not using glucose you don’t need that much. So you won’t go hypoglycemic.
    “If you don’t eat your body breaks down glycogen (chains of Glucose)to produce glucose,”

He speaks about the myth of burning muscle when you fast.
    “The body stores energy as sugar and fat and it will burn the sugar and fat when needed.

@scs I’d love to be traveling to Georgia ✨ have a great time.✨😊✨
    @skinnylove ✨😊Well wishes on your FD B2B. ✨😊👍I’ll be starting mine Monday🤞✨😊
    @chumi I’m glad you will continue to try.✨😊✨ it may take longer than you thought. And your body is adapting as your learning about new information and skills But as you continue I believe you will be happy with your results if you keep going. Good 😊 for you! for making it this far!✨🤞✨
    @redrockgirl302 1 lb. away? Girl, I Beleive you Can make your goal this month✨😊✨

✨😊Be Strong Be Kind Be Fabulous✨💛✨

Day 27, Germany, NFD

@bert I am thinking about using ur tip about bread. Thanks

@okeydokey thanks for deciding to head the coming month challenge. I will join the group surely.

Day 26 UK NFD

Have had a lovely day today at the beach in sunshine with dogs and children. My daughter and husband treated us to lunch at a lovely beach cafe. I had a salad of squash and goats cheese. Unfortunately though did snaffle half (at least) of my OH’s chips. Resisted ice cream later in favour of a cup of tea. Fasting tomorrow. I am looking forward to it and know I need it. Hope everyone else has had a great day whether you were celebrating mothering Sunday in some way or not.

2d post
    @okeydokey. Thank you for hosting the April. Please include me in. I did meet my March goal but need to maintain. Would you like to continue to lose in April. When do we post our goals?

Thank you to @at and all the rest.

Day 26 – SW WA USA – NFD

Back from conference, and back to rain. I was in Seattle for the conference and didn’t even use the umbrella I’d packed. Yesterday folks were even buying sunglasses in Seattle. Krisnia – it looks like you’re a Washington person as well. Which part of the state are you in? I’m in Battle Ground.

okeydokey – thanks for stepping up for April to keep this wonderful support going.

Scale was up a bit this morning after being away most of the week. Needing the FD tomorrow.

Hi, today is my Day 1 for the 5:2 diet. Not much of March left for me I am afraid! Will there be an April Challenge please? I do hope so. I am an Irish woman, living in California. Thanks, Gemma.

Day 26|Toronto|CD

Hello again, I have been reading posts and trying to keep up. First: I see a few people unhappy that they lapsed. Try not to be too hard on yourself, just get back on the 5:2 horse as soon as you can.

I am again not part of the challenge but I thought I’d post another update as I have learned a lot about how the body consumes calories as a result of breaking my upper arm 11 weeks ago.

Recap: I found that breaking an arm caused me to lose weight, I dipped 2 pounds below target weight even though eating extra nuts, seeds and bagels, muffins and yes, even cookies.

Right around the 8 week mark, when my bone finished the majority of its healing (and my physiotherapy began in earnest) my weight shot up as fast as it had come down. Further proof that basic body maintenance and repair burns way, way more calories than exercise, etc. So I’m now 3 or 4 pounds over target weight and in the process of resetting my habits. I got quite slack, especially as while my mobility has improved (I am now typing with two hands) my shoulder began to ache again as I began to bring it back to life, so to speak. I also dealt with the disappointment of having to live hereon with reduced range of motion. No more freestyle in the pool, painting with a roller will have to be done very sparsely, and some overhead reaches into cupboards hurt quite a bit. BUT I’m back to driving as of a week ago. And I think I’ll still be able to bike, YEA!

I finished income tax preparations today – didn’t count calories as I find this supremely stressful. But now that it is done, it is back to a candy-free life. I just can’t eat candy sensibly, and the nutrition, unlike snacks of almonds, is nonexistent. So for those of you out there kicking yourselves, you are not alone, kicking the stress-eating habit is very hard.

Go team go, best of luck!

@AnnMarilyn
    I’m from eastern WA, Pullman. Usually the dry side of the state, but not this year. Happy Mothers Day to those in the U.K. And those celebrating today!

3/25 FD USA, WI
    3/26 FD

Yesterday and today turned out to be unintentional fast days. My sickness morphed into bronchitis, and I just don’t have much appetite or energy. Not the way I wanted to fast by any means. Today I remembered that I had 2 jars of homemade chicken bone broth in the freezer and I downed them in short order. They were divine.

Happy Mother’s Day to all celebrating today!

@fatrabbit – I understand where you’re coming from with your dhal tasting so good. I had the same experience with a salad I made after a fast. It was like I appreciated every bite more, and it was so incredibly tasty. And congrats on your weight loss!!!

@fayefaye – Congrats on reaching maintenance! Posts like yours are inspiring to those of us beginning this way of life, and those struggling. You show that it CAN and WILL be accomplished! Woohoo!

@lynzm – Your drawer of willpower is an awesome idea. What a great visual accomplishment and inspiration.

@blueninjamum – Back when I lost weight (before gaining it all back), I used to choose healthy Lean Cuisine frozen meals and have them for lunch. I would pile it on top of greens (spinach, etc) and called it the Lean Mean Green Cuisine diet. Adding the spinach or other greens added extra bulk and fiber.

@monkeydo – Good luck on your new life path!

@snowflake56 – That cat story was terrific!

@sarah57 – Congrats on getting into that size 14 coat! What a great feeling of accomplishment.

@Strawberriesandcream – I’ve gone on “happy pills” myself. I felt like a failure needing them, but when you realize that’s it’s a chemical imbalance and you’re helping correct it, it helps, or at least helped me. The alternative was worse and not a person that I ever want to go back to. Congrats on beating your March goal weight, with days to go yet! YAY!

@bert1802 – Kudos to getting to a place where you know who you are, know your worth, and know the character of your mother. Some people never reach that place. Hugs <3 <3 <3

@metatauta – Love that you named your scale Cruella. I laughed out loud. And hey, weight loss is weight loss! Progress 🙂

@okeydokey – Holy cow, you’ve done an amazing job dropping weight this March! 15 pounds is incredible and inspiring!!! And I think I saw that you are taking up the April forum – thanks for picking up that task. You rock! And you were speaking to the myth of your body burning muscle before fat, and I completely agree. It never made sense to me that, when your body needs energy and it needs to obtain it from your stores, that it would skip all the fat that you have hanging around and go right to muscle. From an evolutionary standpoint, it doesn’t even make sense.

@sirisan – I’m not familiar with “trim healthy mama”, I’ll have to look that up. I do follow “Skinnytaste” which puts out a lot of healthy meals that work well with 5:2.

@songbirdme – I missed the Badgers game but caught the highlights the next day. The belt move towards Rodgers was awesome! Too bad they couldn’t pull it out. Have fun at your painting event tonight! I have yet to do one of those, but I want to. Limitless wine …. Oh, man. May strength be with you! LOL

Happy Day to all on their journey!

Day 27 / UK / FD

May have gone slightly over 500 cal today–really wanted that salad in the cafeteria rather than yet another soup. So be it then: it was salad and it was delicious! Now after meal no 2 feeling well fed, not bloated, just the right amount of full. Intrigued to see how easily I will get till noon (and then beyond) tomorrow.

Thank you, @okeydokey, best of luck to you too!

Have a good start into the final week of March, everyone, we can do this!

Day 26, NFD, USA

Day 25 NFD
    Day 26 NFD

Day 26 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Happy Mother’s Day for all those mother’s in the UK, be it to furry and/or human children, hope you had a wonderful relaxed Sunday.

Another glorious sunny and warm day here in Cumbria – had a wonderful mother’s day with my DD – cup of tea in bed – some lovely roses and handmade chocolates; then brunch out (smoked salmon and scrambled eggs) followed by a cheeky proseco in the sunshine then a lovely dinner out tonight – how spoilt was I? No calories counted today…but mindful eating…..

Would you believe it only 5 more days to go with this 31 Day March 2017 Challenge…….Weight today 54.6kg so still maintaining nicely 😀very happy…….

@okeydokey has kindly agreed to look after the 30 Day April 2017 Challenge and then the May Challenge will be looked after by @pissupoosa (This will be the first year anniversary of the challenges started by @coda in May 2016!!! – HOW AMAZING IS THAT)

@okeydokey has lost an amazing 15lbs since starting the challenge on 1st March 2017 – how wonderful is that – you deserve that happy, happy dance!
    @gopackgo has lost 7.5lbs so far 😁
    @missj2002 has lost 2stones/28lbs since September 2016👏
    @micheleas @fayefafe has joined the maintainance group 👍
    @onahealthyhigh post reminded us that this is not a diet but a permanent WOL if we don’t want the weight to creep back on – she has been under goal weight for over 18 months – “By focussing on healthy eating and eliminating ‘naughty’ foods I no longer fancy them. I now eat whatever I fancy on NFDs but whatever I fancy has changed” 😇
    @wacm – so good to hear from you – updated all your information on the spreadsheet
    @lany36 – shame your MIL’s 70th birthday was spoilt by the bad food at the restaurant but at least it kept you below your TDEE…….
    @chumi – don’t lose heart – keep to this WOL for another month – stick to the basics of 2 x FD at 500cal and eat within your TDEE for the other 5 days and you will see results – JOIN US FOR THE APRIL CHALLENGE
    @redrockgirl302 – such motivation – we will be supporting you daily on your 800cal FDs until the end of March
    @lindasue – you are an inspiration – maintaining at such a steady weight
    @bert1802 – loved your post to @chumi – you are so right
    @gopackgo – oh dear – do hope that your health improves soon – not a good way to end up doing B2B FDs…….
    Several have confessed about going off the rails for a day @mrsgettingthere @mogaman @jarbia – just remember that the good thing about this WOL is that a bad day does not a bad week make!
    @metatauta – “cruella” is such a good name for the scales – I only step on her once a week after my second FD……
    @moth54 – thank you for dropping in and sharing your story with the group – an inspiring recovery from your broken arm – slow but sure is the way to go

Great job to all those losing or maintaining this month – for those who are struggling, please don’t lose heart, we still have 4/5days left in this month’s challenge!

Then to keep us going the 30 Day April 2017 Challenge has now set up by @okeydokey for us to join forces once more…….

POCKETEER FOR 27/3 – I have started a list of all those I picked up who are fasting – join us – copy and paste the list and add your name
    @at
    @jarbia
    @skinny love
    @wacm
    @dykask
    @redrockgirl302 – 800cal until end of March!
    @sirisan
    @onahealthyhigh
    @sarah57
    @annemarilyn

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER

Day 26. West Midlands…….FD

Quite a good day. Weigh in tomorrow so I’m hoping for a loss. 😃😃

Day 26…..Florida….. NFD

Just a quick update before I head back into the kitchen. My husband and I are tag teaming dinner tonight. I di all the prep work, he does all the cooking. I just got done breading all the egg plant from my garden and making eggies for the boys. He’s giving them a quick fry. I should be cutting up the potatoes, I’m making herb crusted potatoes but I needed a break. So, I’m touching base with you all.

Please add me to the pocketers for tomorrow’s fast.

Sundays are a day when we feast like kings around this place. We all come together as a family, to catch up before the long week of work and school begins. So, I’m going to need a so,I’d FD tomorrow because for desert I’m making pecan pralines for desert. Oh, that reminds me. I’m not sure if I told you all but here it goes.
    A while back, maybe a month or so after I started 5:2, the family came together and made a pact. We would limit, sweet treats, cookies, candy and soda to sundays only, family day! My hubbies idea, I think it was his attempt to be as supportive of my life style change as possible. It actually has turned out to be a rewarding experience. The boys are enjoying more fruits in their diets as well as getting excited for the Sunday treat, knowing it’s not going to be the same old cookies, prepackaged and straight out of the store. They are actually getting their mommies homemade treats, like they did when I was a stay at home mom and they were still playing with action figures and cars on the kitchen floor while I cooked.
    Okay, well the potatoes are not going to cook themselves so I’m off!

Peace be with you!

Day 26 | NFD | UK

Quiet Mothers Day for me… my daughter made me breakfast in bed and my mum is still away enjoying the Caribbean sun – loved it!!!

I have the coming week off work – hoping to stay busy so I can stick to my FDs

POCKETEER FOR 27/3 – join us – copy and paste the list and add your name
    @at
    @jarbia
    @skinny love
    @wacm
    @dykask
    @sirisan
    @onahealthyhigh
    @sarah57
    @annemarilyn
    @missj2002

@at
    @jarbia
    @skinny love
    @wacm
    @dykask
    @sirisan
    @onahealthyhigh
    @sarah57
    @annemarilyn
    @missj2002
    @bert1802

Day 26, Cumbria UK, nfd
    Haven’t read the posts yet, but I caught @ciren2 at the top of the page- thanks for your kind words, it’s so helpful knowing you’re not the only one who can sometimes slip a bit. Going to nest down for the night and read through all the posts.
    Good luck everyone xx

Day 26, UK, NFD

Totally not counting calories this weekend but eating wholesome foods in general. And a big piece of chocolate:) Next week im fasting wednesday and friday and sticking to 16:8 the rest of the days. Definitely count me in for April challenge @okeydokey and thank you for hosting!

Spoke to my mother on the phone and mentioned some of the benefits of fasting (she’s never heard of the 5:2 or IF) and she thought I was crazy. She is probably thinking i have some sort of eating disorder now, hence why i dont tell anyone i am fasting – not ever my OH knows i fast.

Really pleased i have finished paperwork that has been haunting me for months – took me a good 2 hours to sort it but i feel a weight off my shoulders.

Im ready for monday!

Hi all day 26 UK nfd

Another quick check in. OH’s birthday and Mothers Day and another lovely watm spring day. Not had a chance to catch up on posts as yet. Plan another 5 days of 800. A little indulgent this weekend but hey ho!

2nd post

What a Horrible ride from GA to NC – incredible traffic & major downpours where highway not visible. Ugh! But, relaxing now – watching clouds lift over mountains. Sun finally appearing. Hotel had fresh popcorn – wolfed it down w/green tea!

So many post I want to respond to, but heading out for I believe a big salad! Overwhelming need to crunch!!

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mums across the pond.

@at
    @jarbia
    @skinny love
    @wacm
    @dykask
    @sirisan
    @onahealthyhigh
    @sarah57
    @annemarilyn
    @
    @scs – figured it out – but think I erased last name! This is for Day 27

======

Wait – I’m sorry – think it was mj2002 – did I erase your name?

Day 27 NZ NFD
    Weight this morning. 81.5kg up 1kg. I’ve not been feeling 100% lately. I am coeliac and dairy intolerant and some days I must eat something that doesn’t agree with me that I am unaware of. For the last 2 days I’ve had an awful pain in my lower intestine. Fortunately it’s eased today. I’m trying to eat mainly a plant based diet as I find meat really heavy on my digestion. Just trying to get my health in order so that I am bounding with energy seems to be a fulltime job.I haven’t really had the motivation to have successful fastdays as I am so concsious of trying to get nutrients into my body. Any advice and help will be gratefully received. My immune system seems a bit low so I have just ordered and olive leaf immune booster, I also take magnesium and digestive enzymes. Sorry to sound so dismal but I’m getting really fed-up with feeling tired and low.

Day 26 – US – NFD

It’s been a good NFD😊 Small portions, no simple sugars. I was able to have Philadelphia hash. My hubby made. It’s basically no sugar or gluten macaroni, hamburger and tomatoes. A childhood favorite of mine.

✨ ✨. ✨. ✨. ✨
    The link to our new 30 Day April Challenge is up:
    We can join forces once more and continue on in April:
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/30-day-april-2017-challenge/#post-199403
    ✨I will not feel deprived when I choose turn down junk food. I will feel empowered that I made a healthy choice.😊✨
    The Beauty of the 5:2 Fast diet or the different versions of the fast diet is we get to choose. We get to choose what we eat, when we eat and how we eat. With a liberal gentle road map to guide us. There is no wrong. If I had eaten doughnuts this week end. (Personally I would get sick because I have a gluten allergy.) So for me it would be ice cream. I would be able to get back on track and back losing in a day of fasting. If I want to lose weight the 1 FD day could be turned into more FD’s and or controlled days. We have a path and we have our goals.
    ✨✨Together We are Stronger✨✨. If you’ve been in the group since May of 2016 or if your newer; Join your group again in April😊

@Schatzii Thanks for joining for April✨ Together we can do Great things.✨
    The link is https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/30-day-april-2017-challenge/#post-199403

@sarah57 sounds like a ✨wonderful Mother’s Day.💐🌸🌺Mother’s Day won’t be till May 14 in the US 2017✨

✨✨We Got This👍✨✨

Day 27 FD NZ
    @jarbia you sound very much like me. It’s difficult to stay positive and focused on the benefits of this wol when we aren’t seeing the weight loss we really want.
    I’ve been stalled for months and have seriously contemplated my commitment this month.
    Surprisingly I’ve stayed with my 5:2 after doing 4:3 for February in an attempt to get things moving…made no difference so I’m back to 5:2 again.
    The thing that feels different for me just in the last couple of days is the realisation that I’m only showing my commitment on my FDs. I’ve been totally relaxed about the NFD and expecting magic things to happen.
    If I’m going to get results I have to maintain the intent every single day. Despite thinking I was, I now know I really wasn’t and that has to change.
    Over the weekend I showed myself I can be vigilant about my TDEE even on the more classically relaxed weekend days. I’m also hovering around lowering my intake to 800cals on the NFD and staying well below 500 on a FD, just for a week at a time to see if MM newer short term approach can push me into weight loss and as he says help motivate me by seeing faster results.
    All of that was my ramble to say you aren’t alone & I believe we will get there eventually so long as we don’t give up

Viewing 50 posts - 2,751 through 2,800 (of 3,256 total)

You must be logged in to reply.