31 Day January 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
31 Day January 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 2,437 replies, has 150 voices, and was last updated by  Fuvvie 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,551 through 1,600 (of 2,440 total)

• Day 18|CD (aka NFD)|Toronto
    Thank you @In it to thin it and @coda for the encouragement on “controlled day” thinking.

Day 18 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Broke my B2B FDs at 1200hrs then nothing else to eat until 1900hrs tonight – think I stayed within my TDEE but may have strayed just above!!!!!

Definitely not a FD tomorrow but will definitely try to stay within TDEE, I am planning on another FD on Friday then weigh in on Saturday and should hopefully be back to just below target weight instead of just above it.

Started doing my yoga classes again but being very careful not do anything that hurts – I have a physio assessment on Thursday next week and hoping to get clarity on exactly what injury I have……

Just happy to still be maintaining 7 weeks from reaching target!!!

Day 18: Pacific NW USA, CD aka NFD (thanks, Aug24!)

Didn’t sleep well sitting up last night, awake since 4:20 AM. Hopefully tonight will be able to sleep in bed propped on pillows and have a better night.

HappyMargo – if I get better sleep I’ll join you on the FD Thurs and if the stars are all aligned on Fri too for a b2b. It’s time for me to get on the scales on Sat!

BiddieV, in it to thin it, Debster251 & HappyMargo – hearing about others’ success and finding it for ourselves is why this forum has so many faithful followers!

LEW – scales: “boo” (not evil but not the whole story), clothes: yeah!

Rocky & Brighton – your current weights are where I want to get to and maintain!

MamaCat – please pass a high-5 along to your DH

Ciren – I believe in and have experienced the “whoosh” effect so take what the scales say immediately following your FD’s with that in mind!

SongBird – I am also experiencing some crepey skin on my mid-section, upper arms and thighs. I keep moisturizing and hydrating with the hope that as skin cells are replaced they will tighten to the new me! My young D’sIL are all rocking one piece swim suits so you would still be very much in style if you didn’t go the bikini route.

Day 18 Portugal NFD
    64 kg a little dip after my two b2b fast days. yay. it is very slow but at least it is going in the right direction.
    I enjoyed a 30 min cardio workout with fitness blender this morning. Didn’t feel like doing it after a bad night of sleep, but it felt so good afterwards!
    I enjoyed my NFD – no breakfast but then OH took me out for a sushi buffet lunch. So good. I know I must have gone over the tdee today! I had small bowl porridge at dinner time.
    Another FD planned for Friday.

Day 18 : Cheshire, UK : NFD

Yesterday, I decided that I would focus on LCHF diet on my NFD (control days) because I don’t seem to have the willpower to resist chocolate, crisps, potatoes and other carbs. It’s undoing the success of my liquid fast days, which I seem to be able to do now.

I’m a bit worried though because MFP says if I continue I will put on weight in 5 weeks. I did go over my TDEE a little today but only ate 26g of carbs out of my 30g allowance. I had blackberries and double cream as a treat which may happen a couple of times a week. Tomorrow I intend to do a liquid fast.

I’ve been on the Diet Doctor site but any other guidance or experiences would be gratefully received 🙂

Day 19 Sunshine Coast Qld Australia NFD: 106.4 kgs.

Welcome Tallula. You’ve come in with the right attitude for getting to your goals. All the best. You’ll get heaps of support here.

Well done, Rocy65. Sounds absolutely wonderful with beautiful descriptions of your ride. I can almost see it. Would love to physically see it. May yet do that later this year. Who knows.

Ciren2, why should it shatter your confidence? Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy. The scales aren’t the be all and end all. If they are down, great! But if not, it’s just part of the journey. You are not defined by the scales. Think about how great you’ve felt on and after your fast days. Pat yourself on the back and keep up the good vibes. You have come so far and don’t need to lose confidence over a number on the scales. You are a legend and a winner.

To all those using CD, I am entering it on the spreadsheet.

I am going to a happy hour and meeting a whole lot of people for the first time tonight. It came about that I was trying on an outfit in Myer when I mentioned to the sales assistant that I had lost 17 kgs, when the person in the next cubicle called out that she would like to know how that was achieved. We met at the counter whilst paying for our purchases, and when she said that she lived at Flaxton, I piped up that I lived in Dulong, about 5kms away. This led to that and she invited me to join PROBUS, which is a retired persons social group on the range where I live. So I am going. Feel a bit nervous about it, but it would be good to get to know a few more people in the neighbourhood. When working full time and driving kids around etc, one doesn’t have the opportunity to make new friends. OH doesn’t feel the need to have other people around. But he is away a lot. So here goes.

Hoping you get better sleeps soon, B2tf. I envy your being so close to goal but don’t envy the BPPV. So one can’t have everything. Going to hit submit before I lose everything.lol

Day 19 NZ FD
    Will check in properly later

London | Day 18 | NFD

Day 17 – also NFD in the end.
    Tomorrow – FD planned.

@happymargo – I think I missed your message regarding a FD tomorrow -Thursday. I’m in! Was this a B2B you were doing or…?

Hi, Laddie & B2tF — Yup, I’m planning a liquid FD tomorrow (Thursday) and would love to roll-on with it into Friday for a b2b… If the stars align, as B2tF says. 😀

Any others up for Thursday-Friday back-to-back Fast Days this week?
    Join in & know you’ve got support here!

Honestly, I couldn’t imagine being able to go 48 hours, until the November Challenge I joined the big B2B group… and DID IT! Every time I wavered, I simply logged in & read forum posts for strength.
    That first successful time was SO empowering!

Jan18/Surrey/FD

Had a very good FD today. I managed to resist free food at a conference today!! And ended up having only 389 for my dinner and a cup of tea with milk so very happy! I am hoping I will see some results when I get on the scales!

It’s so good to come onto here and read th posts. Good distraction from eating during the day and feeling like I’m not alone in this. My sister is impressed and she really wants to try this WOL. I am of course telling her everything I can and listing The endless positive benefits of this diet. 🙂

Night all x

Second post

@happymargo – I’m up for Thursday-Friday b2b (totally need the support right now!)
    I was planning on a FD tomorrow anyway – got my bone broth defrosting ready to take on the FD 🙂
    @Laddie and @B2TF are you joining also? Wasn’t sure if I should start a pocket list…

Hi I’m planning a fast tomorrow and depending how it goes I’ll maybe extend so count me in.

@Ciren I agree with Fuvvie. You need to write in big letters ‘the number on the scale does not define me’! If you feel that anxious about it – don’t do it. Learn how to trust how you look, how you feel, how your clothes feel rather than a number – which may or may not be telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Day 19 – Perth, W.Aust – FD
    Just another day in paradise.
    Stay strong everyone and be kind to yourself.

Pissupoosa– thank you for the reminder of bone broth!

Mine is frozen solid. Taking it out to thaw & be ready for next 2 days. I’m hoping to do the b2b with plain coffee, herbal teas, sparkling fizzy water & bone broth. For some reason, I can have a steaming mug of homemade bone broth & it feels hearty. Filling as if I’ve had a meal. It’s a fantastic “secret weapon”

I’ll definitely be adding you all to my pocket list… it’s what made my very first b2b possible!
    Any others up for Thursday-Friday back-to-back Fast Days this week? Just add your name to the list.

HappyMargo
    back2thefuture (with well-aligned stars!) 😀
    Laddie10 (if you decide yes)
    Pissupoossa
    Coda

Join in & know you’ve got support here!

Crazy day, busy from dawn and not over yet (7 pm my time) —

Day 18, Non-fast day. Got below 160 yesterday for the first time in for-EVER (159.4) and was so pleased. back up over 160 today (160.6), but I am sure that getting below 160 and staying there is in my future. 🙂 So I’m actually not depressed. Feeling strong.

Day 19 FD overcast country West Australia

Wow! Some great successes on this forum.
    @lew great ‘big girl’s pants’ story! Congratulations!
    Also congrats to all the other ‘losers!!’
    Static at 74.4 kg but so pleased that it is not more after 4 weeks of family, friends and food.
    It’s interesting that so much in life revolves around food.
    As a child food was simply for nourishment – we helped prepare food, we ate, we cleared and washed up, end of food focus.
    Nowadays food is everywhere , in the shopping centres, at celebrations, at commiserations etc and the amount of TV Shows about food, well…..
    Also the magazines in the newsagents. Had to kill a bit of time waiting for DH in shopping centre a few days ago and my digestive juices were revved up just looking at all the mags about food or which had food on the cover.
    As previously mentioned, I succumbed and bought a 5:2 recipe book!
    Plan to start using it tomorrow after a BIG day 10 hours at work today.
    @arvandee, thanks for response. Like you I find that I prefer to ‘spread the love /calories!’ on my FDs and try to eek out 3 tiny meals. Better for my BSLs I think.
    The problem is, that first mouthful of food gets the insulin going and then the hunger drive starts.
    Today, trying to do liquid only but will see. I don’t want to end up with another migraine.

Third post
    @happymargo – thanks for reminding me about sparkling water! Always forgetting that on, don’t know why… it’s a great thirst quencher and a hunger distraction.

Day 18….Florida….. NFD

Quick update
    Screw my whole FD today so, it’s a NFD
    So, changing my days around.
    Haven’t gotten a chance to read all the posts
    Mother Nature hates me
    I don’t think the new girl is going to make it.
    I’m tired and I think I’m trying to get sick
    It’s only Wed. and I feel like it should be Fri already.

Well that’s my quick update for the day!
    Cheers!

2nd post – Day 19

@lilymartin – oh migraines, I have just realised this is the first time I’ve done any diet adjustment that didn’t result in migraines. Every time I’ve previously done any sort of calorie restrictions, followed a whacky formula (I think there was an apple a cheese diet back in the day), used supplements, etc, I’ve always ended up with migraines. But, not this time, hmmm, another plus for the 5:2 IF WOL for me. I hope your liquid day goes well without a migraine in sight. Take care.

@bert1802 – I don’t think mother nature hates you, but she’s obviously trying to send you a message, stay strong, you can do this.

Still Day 18

Happy Margo I’m adding my name to list of potential B2B folks for Thurs/Fri. I’m for sure Thurs & hope to continue Friday. Am starting some new part-time teaching Thur evening so I’ll see on the energy on Friday morning.

HappyMargo
    Laddie10 (if you decide yes)
    Pissupoossa
    AnneMarilyn

@happymargo
    Laddie10 — YES I AM IN!
    Pissupoossa
    Coda

I am on a FD today but I am going to try and hang with you all until Friday around dinner time? That would actually be a 3 day fast…ummmm…not really sure about this but HERE GOES! I am just finishing 24 now with about 400 calories. I don’t plan on doing all fluids but at the max I will come in around 400 or so on Thur and then since I am finishing up on Friday at dinner I will try to avoid anything until a meal in the evening. Regardless, if I go 3 days on 300-400 calories per day I am thinking that will be HUGE!

Is this the final list? As noted above?

Let’s do this thing!!!!

and adding @annemarilyn!!

@fuvvie – we want to hear all about your evening! Keep us posted!

@bert1802 – hang in there!!

Day 19 FD NZ
    FD going well so far. Just had liquids and will eat a light meal tonight. @happymargo I’ve never done a b2b fast before but if I feel inspired in the morning when I get up for work at 4.30am I may give it a go. Will report later tomorrow on that. For some reason FD has been easy so far today, yet when I tried yesterday I caved in by m.tea time.I’m finding the scales debate and interesting one as my scales haven’t moved and I was getting despondent. Feel more encouraged now. Thanks.

Laddie– that will be an impressive stretch & put you in a strong position going into the weekend.
    If I do any calories at all, it will be a very light dinner so that I can sit down & join my husband. He’s not a fan of eating alone. As long as I stay below 500, it still counts. 🙂

So we’ve got a small group coming together for Thursday/ Friday FD support:
    HappyMargo
    Laddie10
    Pissupoossa
    Coda
    AnneMarilyn

Everyone is welcome to join in, just tag your name onto the list. I’ll be thinking of you all, sending out “we can do this!” vibes.

DAY 18 USA Hawaii NFD

Day 18, Canada, CD

B2TF, will you eventually be able to do the Epley maneuver on your own, as needed? Hope you are recovering!

Lew, loved your story of the baggy pants, good results!

Day 19 – Melbourne – CD

@fuvvie – will be looking forward to hearing about your experience at Probus. I work from home and am getting a bit reclusive, so I ‘get’ your nerves.

@bert1802 – ((hugs)) – there are a line of willing shoulders, shoulder to shoulder around the globe, for us all to cry on when necessary.

Back to Back Fasting – yes it is daunting when you first hear of it. I was certain I would never be able to do it, then I decided I will pull up my big girl pants and give it a go when a group sprang up. And – Holey Moley – I did it! I couldn’t believe it. I have only done one other one, since. Actually they are not too bad, as I found (as most people say) the 2nd day I didn’t feel hungry at all. Perhaps just a bit meh, mood wise.

I believe they gave me a bit of a push along with continuing downward, so I thought I would sortof ‘save’ them for times when I feel I’ve slowed down or been over-indulging for too many days in a row.

Day 19 / NFD / Oman
    Doing 16:8 today. Liquids only till 12noon. Going to gym for 25 hour workout on bike. good luck to all today.

Second post Day 19 FD….nailed it!!! Yay
    I slept in this morning and was a bit meh? about fasting today but we have decided to take a trip to Queenstown tomorrow (about 45mins away) and there are some great restaurants there. So with the last three days of holiday in mind,and knowing I’m committed to getting in control of my NFD next week when I return to normal life, I had to make today my second FD for this week so I can enjoy the day trip and be relaxed about food this weekend when we make one last trip to the markets and go out for brunch.
    I’m so encouraged by the stories of slow and steady progress but equally so by those that are still treading water so to speak and waiting for the whoosh of weight loss to take them by surprise. It’s such a lovely feeling to know I’m not alone on my journey but I can keep my wol private everywhere but here where I’m understood.

Day 18. A NFD. I ate less than my TDEE. My consecutive fast days last weekend really curbed my appetite. My pants feel looser and I feel better,

Another question though. If we eat less than out TDEE on NFDs, wouldn’t we then be on a Los cal diet? Is it important to eat a regular amount on non fast days?

Day 19 – Brisbane, Aus – FD

Day is going well, nothing too out of the ordinary (unless you call mowing the lawn out of the ordinary… maybe it is, my yard is a mess!) Looking forward to some soup, and maybe even a small salad for dinner – will comfortably be under 500 cals for the day (closer to 300).

@bert1802 – your posts have been a highlight of this thread… everyone is allowed a crap day every now and then, but we are all cheering for you. Kick mother nature in the bum and keep on smiling 🙂

Day 18. Quebec. NFD

I hurt me back 3 days ago and I can hardly walk. Went to see a physiotherapist today and it’s worst than I tought, maybee an hernia or a disk problem. I have exercices to do every 2 hours. Today my appetite was yoyoing between big hunger and Nauseas due to the pain. Tonight I just can’t stop eating comfort food ( read chips ).

I was planning on a FD tomorrow so I will try and go with the group. I am adding my name on the list. I will write your names on a piece of paper tomorrow morning and keep it close with me.

HappyMargo
    Laddie10
    Pissupoossa
    Coda
    AnneMarilyn
    Quebecoise

I love you bunch of great people so much (hugs)

Day 19, Tokyo Japan, NFD – 80.2kg

After breakfast and a workout I was down to 79.6kg. I probably pushed harder than I should have, but I trying to stay below 80kg. Also trying to get myself ready to fast tomorrow.

Day 18, Oceanside, CA, FD

Had usual protein waffle w/fruit for breakfast and dinner salad including 2 oz protein, sprinking of feta, sliced almonds and fresh ripe avocado. Both dishes give enough bulk and fiber to stick and are nutritious. 700 calories for day.

DH down 12 pounds in 8 weeks and I am holding steady with 4. Both of us working on a weekly goal of 1 pound.

Walking part of our WOL. Today second FD for week. Maybe one more FD on Friday. Only 13 days left of the January 2017 Challenge.

Day 19 Ireland FD
    Can I join the group too ?

HappyMargo
    Laddie10
    Pissupoossa
    Coda
    AnneMarilyn
    Quebecoise
    Weeme

Day 19 – Auckland, NZ – NFD

Day 19 – Staffordshire UK-fd

Think I’ve had a whoosh.

From the 1st – 17th Jan my weight had been fluctuating between 154 and 156lb, seeming to have no connection to FDs or NFDs.

Then whoosh today (following yesterday NFD) I’m 152lb – hitting my target for January.

Anyone struggling, please stay hopeful, and keep going. I will be keeping going with you, hoping to maintain January’s target and then hit February’s target.

Day 19 Sweden FD

Good morning everyone!

Last week I felt disheartened by the lack of results since I seemed to gain back all the weightloss I had due to FDs durings NFDs. I prefer to weigh myself everyday to get the general idea of what my weight is because it varies so much from day to day (because of how and what I eat, exercise and so on).

This weeks weigh-ins on the past NFDs tell me that I actually have lost weight since I started, almost 2 pounds! This might sound like very little to some of you but I am quite smalll so for me it’s a good number. I am not overweight but I store most of my fat around my waist/tummy, which I am trying to reduce. (And it seems like I have reduced my waistline 1-2 cm, but this measurement also varies a little from day to day).

More importantly I feel the diet is working better and better for me. It was a great way to stop the “holiday eating”-mindset around Christmas. It’s good for my IBS and I’m starting to manage my NFDs better and better. These past two days I’ve stayed well below my TDEE and it has felt much easier!

So, my message is, give it another week before giving up!

Love and good luck to everyone!

Day 19 : Cheshire, UK : FD

Would love to join pocketeers.

HappyMargo
    Back2thefuture (with well-aligned stars!) 😀
    Laddie10
    Pissupoossa
    Coda
    AnneMarilyn
    Quebecoise
    Weeme
    GoldenSun

DAY 19 – BUCKS UK – NFD

Day 19. Belfast FD
    Impressive work @at.
    @fuvvie enjoy your Probus group. We have a group U3A – university of the third age which offers classes, groups with similar interests, etc., so when I’ve finished decorating, I’m thinking of joining. Retiring brings so many positive things, most of all being less stressed. The negative of that for me is the loss of daily contact with a wide group of people, and of course no craic! I haven’t had occasion laughed as much since I’ve been at home so that is something to be addressed. My fasting family has been a real godsend.
    B2tf hope you’re better soon.
    @pamela v congratulations. My lowest for a long time was 158, and I’m hoping to reach that in the next week. Once we get below that magic 160 our challenge is to keep there!
    @lany36 had a lovely 4 day in Queenstown before Christmas. Your mention of it brought lovely sunshine memories!
    @lily Martin you’re so right. As a child, we ate well – plain, wholesome food three meals a day. No crisps, biscuits, only as a treat. Now food is everywhere,
    Keep strong Bert
    @happymargo I’ll join you till Friday teatime. I’m going out on Friday evening with some girlfriendsso that will set me up. Never done b2b before, so it’s a challenge.
    My iPad doesn’t seem to copy this morning, so will have to type the names. Apologies for any typos.
    HappyMargo
    Back2thefuture
    Laddie10
    Pissupoosa
    Coda
    AnnMarilyn
    Quebecoise
    Weekend
    Debster251
    In it to win!

Day 19 Surrey UK CD aka NFD Just checking in for today, have a good one all!

@debster251 – don’t forget me for the pocket fasters 🙂

So I have for the pocket fasters :

HappyMargo
    Back2thefuture (with well-aligned stars!) 🙂
    Laddie10
    Pisupoossa
    Coda
    AnneMarilyn
    Quebecoise
    Weeme
    GoldenSun
    Debster251

Day 19. Sussex, U.K.
    FD.

Day 19– Colorado, USA– FD + FD

Wow! It’s great seeing so many give this little b2b challenge a go!!
    (Hope I didn’t miss any names. Please jump onto the list so we can add you too.)

HappyMargo
    Back2thefuture
    Laddie10
    Pisupoossa
    Coda
    AnneMarilyn
    Quebecoise
    Weeme
    GoldenSun
    Debster251

This wonderful international crowd of fellow fasters made my very first multi-day FD possible. And I know we can all cheer each other on to success this time too!

A lot of people have noticed that day 1 can seem a little tougher to get thru, but on day 2 the hunger simply dissipates. And there’s always a 500 calorie dinner just around the corner if needed. I plan to check my pocket list of names & the forum to read posts for motivation. Maybe even flip thru my Jason Fung books (Obesity Code & Complete Guide to Fasting) for educational reminders.

We can get this done together. And head into the weekend feeling like Champions! 😀

Quebecoise– I am so sorry about your back troubles. Sadly, there’s another of our group (so sorry I can’t recall name right now) also suffering with back pain. It’s the worst. I’m glad you’re getting help for it. Hope it resolves quickly. ((Hugs))

B2tF– Hope your recovery is coming along well too!

Bert– you’ve taken on so much extra at work being down a person. It could get to anyone. Your wonderful spirit & sense of humor will see you thru. In the meantime, feel free to tell your troubles here if it helps to blow off steam & let it out. You’re among friends that care here.

Fuvvie– how FUN that a random encounter with a stranger may have opened up a whole group of new friends to you! Sometimes it can feel scary (especially for introverts like me) to jump in to a new group, but just remember “A stranger is a friend you just haven’t met yet.” Give them a good chance, you may end up making some incredible new pals!

MissyMay– Hoorah for the whoosh! Congrats on already hitting your January goal. Internet high five!

LisaAlma– So glad intermittent fasting is working to calm your IBS. The FDs definitely give your body a break to rest & relax from having to process food. A welcome time out. Congrats on your success!

Viewing 50 posts - 1,551 through 1,600 (of 2,440 total)

You must be logged in to reply.