30 Day-November 2016-Challenge!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
30 Day-November 2016-Challenge!

This topic contains 3,401 replies, has 151 voices, and was last updated by  LindaSue 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 3,410 total)

• Good afternoon/evening/night…. Gosh, I hope I covered everyone’s area…. lol
    Coda….. thanks….I’m a self improvement type of gal with tons of what I call useless facts rattling up in this head. But I believe their is room for everyone to improve and I love helping people reach all of their goals. So, I’m sure there will be more….. lol
    It’s my turn……. I’m in Fla too…… Tampa Bay Area! Cool someone close!
    Pinkpeony…… you can eat anything you’d like on your FD, just don’t go over 500 calories. My normal FD menu is coffee with creamer 45 cal, salad with dressing… 40 cal. Fruit no more than 50 calories, afternoon coffee…. 22 calories. Any type of protein no more than 200 calories, salad and dressing 40 calories, any type of veg no more than 50 calories. 2 cans of diet mt dew….. This is spread through the day…. I don’t do breakfast because I fast daily from 7pm until 12 pm the next day. Also most important…. water, water, water and more water!
    Well…. today started off as a no frills type of day… busy as always…. Then POW! 1/2 hour before my day closes. my coworker and 2 bosses get into a screaming match, my co worker quits…. and I’m left to finish my day and hers! Wow didn’t see that coming! I feel so bad, it was all uncalled for!
    I didn’t leave until 5:30, then to the market, headed home then back to the market cuz I forgot something…. home dinner in the oven….. I’m officially and hour and a half behind! My fast won’t start until 8:30 now Ugg! House tidy, cardio, meal prep and what nots after that! I’ll be luck to be in bed by 11. To top it all off, I am now on my co worker schedule, so I’m now in the office earlier. There goes my am routine……
    POSTIVE NOTE……. As life can sometimes take a less favorable route as mine did today….My new WOL adjusts to what life decides to throw at me! I just adjust my fast times 8:30pm until 2pm. Tomorrow my FD, so I’ll stay with in my calories and goals. When you have only a 5 hour window to eat you have a hard time consuming tons off calories… This means 100 calories an hour for me tomorrow….. Another great thing…. this new WOL or 5:2 diet is adjustable to everyday life……. There is no way you can say….. my life is to hectic to become heathy, I don’t have enough time…….
    okay enough of my ramblings….
    Today, I let my belly dictate my calories…. 900 calories…. that what it is telling me. I may have to over ride its decision and have a sneaky snack…… for 250calories… Let’s see who is the boss of who here…..😂 But on a serious note… sometimes you have to eat the calories…. 1900 calories for three days isn’t good for anyone!
    Cheers good friends!
    May your days be fun and your nights relaxing!
    Michelle

Australia Day 2 NFD – well yesterday was a good day as I stayed within my TDEE despite going to a Melbourne Cup Lunch. The next three days are going to be bad as we have birthday dinners for my husband and son and then whole family. But that’s okay – I’ll work around it as best I can. Wishing everyone a good day!

2nd post
    pinkpeony if your tracker gave 1500 for your tdee that is the amount of calories allowed on your non fd. My tdee is 1582 and for fast days I should have a quarter of that. Hope that helps.
    This must be a record number of people signing up b2tf? Love the idea of the wave lol

Australia .Day 2 and a FD
    What a glorious morning here in sunny West Oz!
    Like Hannah I had a luncheon yesterday for the Melbourne Cup but I was very mindful of not overeating which I would have in the past. That I think is the beauty of the 5:2 for me – without being obsessive it makes me think about what I am eating. Do I need to eat a whole packet of potato chips ( crisps) if I have to do 2 hours exercise equivalent to work it off!
    Anyway, I got on the scales this morning ( I weigh every day) and …. I have lost 0.4 kg. Yes it is most probably fluid loss but the scales are never-the-less-headed in the right direction. Seeing that motivates me to keep today as a FD.
    So pleased to be part of this forum and accountable.
    Happy fasting or eating to all the rest of you. Keep you posted!

London | Day 1 | FD

Thanks for adding me b2tf and for the effort in keeping us all in check.
    A new day – a new challenge!
    My first and most important goal is to stick to the Challenge! 😛

Day 1 data:
    Weight 66.5 kg
    %body fat 22.2 (approximate, using skin-fold measurement)
    Waist 72.5 cm
    Hips 93.5 cm

My 5:2 journey so far:
    I’ve lost 7.4 kg in exactly 5 months.
    Also lost 4 cm off my waist, 2.5 cm off my hips and 2 cm off my neck in the last 2 months (I only started measuring since September).
    I’ve been experimenting with IF since I started in June – Dr Mosley’s 5:2 to begin with, then tried 36h water fasts (they were tough!), now I do 24h water fasts (lunch – lunch or dinner – dinner depending on my social commitments etc) twice a week.
    I’ve cut out fruit juice, smoothies and diet sodas. Also given up alcohol (never been much of a drinker, so wasn’t hard). I’ve also completely stopped snacking between meals.
    My downfall is sugar (cakes, biscuits etc) and other starchy food (rice mainly). Also portion control on NFDs – specially weekends! I try to substitute rice with cauliflower-rice etc during the week. Even cakes/biscuits etc I only take with a main meal now, never as a snack.
    I’ve also taken a lot inspiration and advise from Dr Jason Fung’s books (The Obesity Code and The Complete Guide to Fasting) into my diet.

I’ve been exercising regularly since the beginning of this year. When I started 5:2 I only exercised on NFDs, then progressed onto exercising on FDs as well. Most FDs I’m fine to run or do a yoga class, but if I wasn’t feeling too good, then I’d ease off and listen to what my body says (I got better at listening over time).
    Exercise is my anti-depressant – I run, cycle (mostly Spin classes in the winter months), also do hot yoga (Bikram) and TRX. I do a combination of these 3-4 times/week.

TODAY was part NFD and part FD – I had an egg&bacon muffin (see what I mean about carbs?!) with a coffee (+ dash of semi-skimmed milk) for breakfast. Roast chicken and a green leafy salad for lunch with a bag of veg crisps. Been fasting since 2pm. Will be fasting until 2pm tomorrow – home-made chicken and veg soup for lunch.
    Also planning a TRX class after work.

My goals for November:
    1. Continue with IF and lose another 1.5 kg minimum (this will be bring me closer to the upper limit of my healthy weight 64.3 kg).
    2. Take on a 30-day exercise challenge starting from mid-Nov – exercise 45-60mins/day every day for 30 days – combination of BIkram yoga, TRX and spin classes.
    3. Be more organised and plan my meals better – with the aim to further reduce simple carbs from my diet

It’s great to see such a wide spread and varied group encouraging and inspiring each other to a healthy lifestyle 🙂
    Here’s to a successful November Challenge – All the best everyone!

Hope I’m joining the challenge by replying to this post. I’m brand new, so I guess November 1 is a NFD. Actually, I’m not exactly “brand new.” I bought the book and did a few weeks a few years ago, then life and excuses got in the way. I’m excited, and a little nervous, but starting this with a good buddy. It’s time to take control and just do 2 little fast days a week! Good luck to all.

Day 1, NY, NY, NFD

I started the FD in september, after joining a juice cleanse in London that delivered juice twice a week mimicking the 5:2. You would only drink 500 calories worth of juice on fd. It helped me get started and got me used to fasting but i definitely think the fasting with food rather than juice works better for me since I actually have a lot of hours without any food at all….and also do not feel at all deprived.

I had mentioned I am adding another fast day this month as part of the challenge. I fasted on sunday and monday and will fast again tomorrow, since from wed i have friends staying and a wedding over the weekend. so normally I plan to fast monday, wed and fri. I had never done two consecutive days fasting and realize that I do not like it as much but good to work that out.

I started at 163 lbs ( I am 5 ft 6) and start the November challenge today at 157.1 lbs.

So hopefully will go down to at the very least 153 lbs by the end of the challenge.

I find that i have been going down on FD and then up again on NFD ( i am eating within my calorie allowance on those days w the occasional hiccup at a party and dinner etc) i do find that since i know i can totally survive on 500 calories I have no desire to snack on high calorie foods and notice things like even a bran muffin being a whopping 450 calories! I would rarely eat them but it makes you think!

Have started exercising again…which for some reason I had stopped while i was away. I usually exercise 3-4 times a week some cardio and pilates or strength training, so was good to get into the gym today for a pilates class.

Good luck everyone!

11/1 – FD – North Carolina, US

My first fast day has ended! I learned that the hardest part is from 10-3, during which I would usually have a snack and lunch. Once I got past my stomach rumbling, I didn’t get very hungry until late tonight (barely)! My food today was:

breakfast – plain steel cut oats
    snack – half an apple (strange, I know, but a colleague wanted to split it)
    dinner – a bowl of vegetable crab soup

I didn’t make the soup, so I can’t say for sure how many calories it is – but it was only vegetables in a tomato base and crab. Hopefully that’s okay! The oats and apple were probably ~200, if that, and I think 300 calories is probably enough to account for the small bowl of soup!

All in all, my first FD was a success. It wasn’t as terrible as I thought it was going to be. Also, we traveled a lot today, and my colleague decided to stop at McDonalds for lunch. I had nothing but water – crazy how happy you can get just by having that small step of self control! My next FD will be Friday.

Hope everyone is getting along great!

QUESTION: Does it matter what time of day you eat? Should I wait and have one meal on an FD 24hrs after my last meal on NFD? That way I will be going an entire day restriction? Or does that not matter, and all that matters is the low cal count? Thanks!

Hi M and welcome:

It does not matter when you eat. The cal. count is the most important. However, many find after experimenting that one evening meal high in fat and moderate in protein works best. Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Day 1,NJ, NFD.

Managed to have only an apple and tea for lunch and a big dinner – which kept me within my TDEE. Also managed to sneak in a walk for 30 minutes.
    Looking forward to the November challenge!

Day 3, Melbourne Aust, FD.
    I decided to fast again while my motivation is still high and I hope to be able to do 4:3 some weeks, or at least a very low calorie 3rd day – just to keep me honest.

DAY 2 – NFD – WELLINGTON NZ.

Wednesdays for me start off with a business network meeting incorporating Breakfast, coffees, and who can refuse eggs-bene to start the day. The old Action Hero wouldn’t have, but today, I was very good and tried the healthy options so that’s a bonus.

Thank You CODA for your kind words above, looks like I am going to be picked on by some old friends if I don’t stump up and keep my promises to you all. That can work both ways my friend so watch it…. 🙂

I have enjoyed reading everyones posts and they are most encouraging. One of my old issues with embrassing this WOL is how we describe it to ourselves because our goals are achieved in our minds as well as physically doing the stuff that gets the results. One of the mind games we play is when we talk about “weight loss”. Some of my old friends will remember this but there are alot of newbies on here for the first time so can I repeat this little gem for you to tuck away.

Our minds are programmed not to lose things. Can you deliberately try and lose your car keys, or your cell phone? Not really eh? So it can be the same with weight when we try to “lose weight”, that little voice in your head probably says “yeah right, you’ll never lose that amount of weight because you can’t lose something on purpose” Sound familiar?

So if we can all get into the habit of talking about “reducing weight or weight reduction” rather than “losing weight”. This will be a major mind set change for us all and will start to create positive instructions to the brain that the subconsious mind will not sabotage.

Trust that makes sense with some of you. Remember we are all amazing people and we will achieve our goals together. Take care all, Mike

PS My arms are waving in the air because the sun is shining here in God’s Own country and it’s a beautiful spring day in Paradise. What’s it like in Scotland I wonder???

Hey BIDDIE V How can it be Day 3 when it’s only the 2nd of November. Typical Ozzie, always think they are away ahead of the rest of the world LOL.

Great race yesterday, were you there?

Hello Everyone! i would love to join this 30 day challenge, although this is my first day!
    8 months after having my first baby i feel like i have no excuse but to start losing the weight!! Feel so bad that i haven’t done so already!
    So my goal for November is to lose 3kg, weighed myself this morning and i was 95.7kg 🙁 It’s my 30th bday in 23 days so i would love for this to be a bday pressie to myself, getting healthy and losing the weight i have put on over the years. (10kg since getting preggers and 10kg before that) so i would ultimately love to be about 75kg. it’ll be a long journey but i want and need to do it!!

Day 2 England NFD

Good Morning!
    Yesterday was only my third ever fast day and it was hard. Time dragged and I ate salad leaf after salad leaf and tomato after tomato. One hard boiled egg and some chicken & ham for protein.
    On the upside I don’t feel particularly hungry right now. Probably just as well at 5 am 😹😹
    My primary reason for doing this is to give my body a break from the relentless IBS symptoms. Yesterday & the previous day were symptom free and I’m planning to introduce starch today in the form of potato but no wheat. Hoping to make sense of what is making me ill.

Hi Miesque and welcome:

I’m sure you have heard by now that a low FODMAPS diet might help your symptoms: https://www.verywell.com/foods-on-the-low-fodmap-diet-1944679

And here are some tips about 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Day 2, London UK, NFD

Correction for yesterday, turned into a FD afterall so both days out of the way for this week.

Day 2, Australia FD
    Water fasting today. Desperate to keep this moving.

Pissupoosa we have a similar slow story. I have been doing this for six months now and have lost 6.7 kgs. I only had a 10 kg goal, so didn’t expect it to be as quick as others. Also I have sadly said goodbye to some if those kgs a few times. I do a lot of exercise as do you so I think that slows it down a bit but has great other benefits. But if I hadn’t continued on I wouldn’t be here with just three kgs to go. I hope you have great success this month. I hope everyone does.

Day 2 | Derbyshire UK | NFD

Day 2 – Switzerland – FD
    Planning miso soup for lunch and lentil soup for dinner.

Day2 – Staffordshire,UK – NFD

Yesterday’s Fast Day went well, first time I’ve tried whilst at work. Think it helped being at work as too busy to think about food.

Day 3 – London, UK – NFD

Yesterday was my first NFD, found it quite difficult to eat my TDEE, which is good, but didn’t sleep too well last night, although didn’t feel hungry! Maybe head just too busy, had minor eye surgery too so maybe that affected me. Anyway up bright and early, not feeling tired, had porridge and berries for brekkie and now having a quick shower before going to an exercise class. Feeling positive!

Have a great day everyone!

Day 2 – NFD – New Forest, UK

Day 2 – NFD – Rosslare, Ireland.
    Away from home and no scales. Don’t know if that is a good thing or not. Lol

Day 2 Surrey UK NFD Checking in. The intention is to focus, watch portion sizes and get on with it.

Day 2, NFD, New Zealand. Stayed within my goal weight TDEE, by eating some delicious salads from a new recipe book.

Day 1, Ohio, USA, FD
    Day 2, Ohio, USA, NFD

Hi all! Back2thefutire thank you for taking this on! I’m in. This week is going to be a little wonky for me. Away from home helpin out parents. But I’ll do my best.

Day 2, NZ, NFD
    Finished yesterday’s water fast at 5pm today – feeling full having nibbled & then dinner tonight.
    Will probably do 2nd fast for week tomorrow starting mid-morning after birthday work shout!!

Take care all. Xxx

UK day 2 FD Yesterdays NFD didn’t quite go as planned – was going quite well til heard OH was delayed so dinner would have to be put back a couple of hours and for some reason I went for cheese and crackers to put me on – must get some carrots in for snacking ! planned today’s meals ,really want to nail this and get into the habit of 2 FDs a week

Enjoying a 14 day yoga challenge I found on YouTube by Fiji McAlpine, nice vinyasa flow practice ,helping to de-stress me

Wales uk, fd. Will pop up if i need support as its my first week poridge and fruit for dinner. Good luck all x

Day 2, NFD.
    My FD yesterday was unsuccessful (long story), though the scales show -0.6kg this morning, which I’m sure is beginner’s luck.
    Aim for today: to stay within TDEE (the higher one, for the current weight, as going out tonight) plus modest exercise (30 min of yoga and 30 min walking: both already done).

Day 2 ~ FD ~ Worcester, UK
    Had a successful first fast day, planned to do another today but just walked into work and had two biscuits from a box a customer bought in for us! Normally I would let that ruin a fast day, but today I am thinking positively, all is not lost, I’m now drinking a large glass of water and planning an omelette for dinner this evening, so even with the two biscuits I will stay on target!

Day 2: Dublin. NFD
    Morning everyone. Good luck today! Day two is NFD – going to try alternate day fasting if I can. Feel better from a ‘day off’ from normal eating. More motivated to keep to sensible feasting today.

Day 2; Sunshine Coast Australia: xNFD: 107.1 kgs this morning. Too many carbs yesterday. Going out with friends for lunch tomorrow. So probably another NFD coming up. Friday will have to be the fast day.

Ha ha! I think it’s a good thing! I’m staying clear of the scales for the next two months- too demotivating for me – will let the party dress for Christmas decide if it’s all working! 😉

Day 2 Portugal first FD this month.
    Just completed 35 minutes fitness blender exercise and feel good.
    Planning to just drink water until dinner time. The kids are off for half term and are making dinner this evening! I will watch portion size.

Day 2 – UK – FD
    Hey Everyone,
    After a successful FD yesterday I am doing another today. I work Mon, Tues, Wed and find it much easier fasting at work so will continue to do B2B if I can.
    Didn’t feel hungry at all yesterday and had 540 cals, although this morning I am soooo hungry. I’m yet to have a coffee so will hold out another hour for that and see if it blunts my appetite. Going to have weetabix at around 2.30 to break my fast and a light tea around 7pm. Good luck to you all 👍🏼 x

Day 2, NFD, Adelaide, Australia. Tomorrow is a FD and hopefully I’m now better prepared than I was for my first FD that I found pretty tough.

D2, Australia, NFD.
    Had a good FD yesterday with 500 calories eaten at dinner. Too busy to have breakfast today and had salad for lunch. Interesting it seems my stomach has shrunk and couldn’t finish it. I used to have a bottomless pit!! Weight down 300gm today. Another FD tomorrow – doing ADF.

Day 2 / Tweed Coast Australia / NFD

I’m content with the food choices I made today. Feeling pretty good. I’m easily pleased! When I eat and can feel satiated, I’m happy!

Day 2: London NFD

Well yesterday was my first ever FD. I have to admit I was fine all day until about 5pm when the kids were kicking off and I normally run for the chocolate. I was good and kept busy until they went to bed. I ate half a tin of tomato soup and I promise you I have never tasted anything so amazing. I kept telling myself tomorrow is a nfd so you can eat as soon as you wake up. well it’s now nearly half 10 and I’m on my way to work and still not eaten. I had the best night sleep I’ve had in years and feel amazing. I hope to stay positive. I was down 2lb on the scales this morning but I know it’s to early to be excited. I did manage 3 litres of water yesterday and have never visited the toilet so much in my life. Feeling positive for today, have my healthy pack lunch all packed. Good luck today everyone 🙂

D2 – NSW – FD?

Today was to be a fasting day due to Melbourne Cup yesterday, but someone threw in a surprise birthday dinner… What can you do?
    B and L were planned and were great, but when I would’ve had dinner at 5 pm, I had to wait till 7:30 – which is not me. So I had a snack, which is what I was desperately trying to avoid. Oh well. At least dinner was vegetarian options, so hopefully the scales won’t be too negative tomorrow.
    Hopefully.

Day 2 Australia NFD.
    I’m having trouble with my NFD. I’m eating way too much so just wondering if the people who’ve done it before have any tips?
    I did well on my FD (oct 31 which was a Monday here), but I find that I’ve been going crazy on my NFD. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, how do I stop?!
    The exercise part is going great, but knowing that it’s 80% what you eat, I’m really concerned I’m not going to get anywhere 🙁
    Also, was thinking that on NFD, I’ll keep to an 8 hour eating window (11-7) in a hope that i’ll keep me on track. Happily taking advice on this matter. Thank you!

Day 2…..Florida…..FD
    Slept okay last night….. Although the events from yesterday have not left my mind. Although, I’m not involved, I was witness to it and it not sitting well with me. I just don’t get it anymore, why people find it exceptable to throw fits and be ugly to each other. This is one of the reasons, I don’t watch TV anymore, now it has arrived on my doorstep. So, unfortunately, I’m now going to have to go into work early, work her shift and process the events so that I don’t become bitter.

So, I was unable to start my fast last night until 10 pm, 3 hours behind and No cardio either. Did end up eating 1205 calories for the day. Although my belly was telling me NO, my mind just didn’t think 900 calories on a NFD was good. So, I think my body has finally figured out the difference between thirst and hunger! That I like. Since my fast started at 10 last night, I will still break it at the normal time 12:30. I also will be upping the water intake as I missed 32 oz of the wet stuff yesterday.
    Salad and apple sauce for lunch, so I’ll be heading into dinner with about 360 calories. Tonight my husband is evening to make dinner, he knows it’s my FD. So, I’m excited to see what’s on the menu.

I hope this post finds everyone well and reaching their daily goals with little bumps.

Action….. I love you post about weight reduction vs losing weight. You are very wise my friend. I am on board no more trying to lose weight, I am forever going to be trying to reduce it…..

Be kind to each other today, if you become upset, step back and think to yourself what is the best way to handle this for the best results. Do I want to hurt this person? What will I lose? Is it worth it? Before speaking….. a clear mind will always provide better outcomes then a mind ruled by emotions!
    Cheers!
    Michelle

Day 2 Italy – NFD

Day 2 : UK : FD

Hi needachange – it might help your NFD to add in some food that allow volume with relatively low calories. One of my favourite is popcorn. 50gm of unpopped popcorn makes about 5 cups of popcorn (cooked in oil) and contains only 275 calories. Calorie are even lower for air popped but for the calories it tastes so much better cooked in a bit of oil. This provides a great snack that lasts a while – great after dinner watching TV. Another good filler meal is salad – again a big volume for relatively low calories. Celery and carrot sticks also good with some yoghurt or hommous dip.
    Also maybe you are over compensating with eating after your exercise. If so, it may be better to hold off on the exercise and get your eating under control.
    If you try ADF then you shouldn’t really have to worry about your NFD – you should have a sufficient calorie deficit with ADF.
    Not sure how long you have been doing 5:2 but I found after not too long the novelty of NFD wears off and don’t need to binge. After FD it’s just great to be able to have 3 meals. Maybe watch portion size, eat slowly but mainly don’t overthink. You’ll follow up with a FD it should minimise any NFD damage! Good luck!

NYC, Day 2, NFD. 121.0.

In addition to 5:2, I am going back to my home purging. I downloaded a free library app and I started listening to MarieKondo’s book on Tidying. When I got home, I pulled out 4 board games that no one in my house has touched for at least six years and put them in a trash bag. It’s a start.

If anyone recalls, I went through all of my clothes a few months ago and got rid of anything in a size that is no longer mine. I will not regain the weight I lost, so why keep, right?

Onward and downward.

Day 2 USA (Illinois) NFD

Congrats to all you newbies on your efforts so far! Yes, it really does get easier and more predictable. I always feel cold on FD’s, so keep yourself bundled up or get a hot pad or water bottle of some kind. I take a 2 pound sack of uncooked rice and sew it into a cotton fabric bag, microwave for 2 minutes and you have a nice portable heater.

I seldom do a whole gym workout on FD’s but often get a 1 mile power walk (about 15 minutes) even on FD’s.

Wine? Shiraz … wow, I love a good red. Yes, I had a couple glasses with dinner before the Cubs game to help calm my nerves. And they WON! Big time! Final World Series game tonight. I can’t wait!

Like others have said, on NFD’s you can have about anything but just be conscious of calories.

Onward and downward!

DAY 2 – Canada – FD

Good morning. Yesterday was a good day. I managed to stay within my calorie range, drink 2 1/2 L of water, worked out in the morning and clocked over 11,000 steps. I am just having my morning tea and then I’ll fast until 6 o’clock this evening. I feel quite energized and ready to go.

I am wondering if I should weigh myself every day or at the beginning of a new week or after each FD. I would be interested in hearing your comments.

Wishing everyone a good day. I came across this: ” The secret of your success is found in what you do today.” So true.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 3,410 total)

You must be logged in to reply.