30 Day-November 2016-Challenge!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
30 Day-November 2016-Challenge!

This topic contains 3,401 replies, has 151 voices, and was last updated by  LindaSue 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,451 through 2,500 (of 3,410 total)

• Georgia/USA/Day 5/FD:

I had a rough morning. Hoping to salvage the rest of the day with just coffee & tea.

Hi

Names I have are
    Iā€™m joining the pocket fasters too!
    @coda
    @loubelles
    @at
    @norrieb
    @annemarilyn
    @pissupoosa
    @back2thefuture
    @fuvvie
    @erika45
    @alanix
    @lynzm
    @hollylj
    @brightonbelle
    @goldensun
    @debbieq
    @lew
    I also added
    @ciren2
    @bert1802
    @patti67

about to go and try my first run in months – have gone back to the beginning of couch to 5k.

Day 5 UK FD

one of the pockets reporting in! FD started 8.30pm Sunday night, had my 500 calls now off out to work @ 2nd job, where I will do my 10,000 steps, earn abit of cash and keep me away from the fridge. Keeping busy is the key for me.

I heard that the 2nd day is easier because of the moments of the first and also the glucose has been used and this will be a fat burning day, is this true? Should I be reading Fungs book that you all reference? If true just that thought alone will keep me going tomorrow.

Keep it up all whether pocket or not! šŸ‘

DAY 5 USA NFD
    18:6 LCHF seems to be best I can do for now.

Day 5 : Cheshire, UK : FD

My posting yesterday should read Day 4 šŸ™‚

Failed at eating beyond 3pm! Just couldn’t stop eating. Luckily, there wasn’t that much for me to eat that was unhealthy but still, the quantity was more than I needed.

Today is going well. It’s not a liquid fast today but maybe tomorrow. I have had 3 apples. I keep thinking of all the pocket fasters and that really helps. I really feel we are all in it together.

Good luck everyone…..thank you for being there! xo

Day 5 : Cheshire, UK : FD

sorry when I copied and pasted the names it added the bit about I’m joining the pocket fasters too! lol

Day 5 UK NFD

Day 5|FD|Toronto
    Survived the start of Christmas buffets but the bowls of “nibble danger” ( spiced peanuts, potato chips..) around the room did seduce me a bit! Ahhh,nibble danger seduction, the most seduction I can anticipate these days šŸ™‚
    Best to all you B2B fasters.

Day 5 Surrey UK FD, 1st of b2b2b…..so cross right now, I was typing and really enjoying communicating with you all, and the the WHOLE thing just disappeared!!x%&@X&

Suffice it now to say so far so good. One question, please all, I need a new scale…any suggestions?

Day 5 Surrey UK FD, 1st of b2b2b. Going well so far. I was reading Dr Fung’s Obesity Code, and all that part about insulin, cortisol, etc. There is just SOOO MUCH information and in the next few days I am going to sit down and draw some diagrams so that I can get the whole process in a complete picture form. It made so much sense and for me it is vital to understand WHY I am doing something. @coda, when you spoke about resetting your body ast it were, that is now making a lot more sense, and I will hopefully put the summary on this forum and we can all check if I have it right.

I had a really funny time on the scale this morning..the first reading said 88 kg, the next one said 94 kg, I stepped off and on again and it said 97 kg, and the next one said 94.7 kg and the next one said 86 kg…so this was fun! I looked at the lower number and thought how nice it would be to see that for real…took none of it seriously. Methinks I need a new scale…any suggestions?

It is so helpful to see how many of us are going through similar sort of problems. A load shared is a load lightened. Thanks @B2tF, your tip of rewarding yourself with a little something (hope I remembered that correctly!) was empowering

Okay, so now I see most of it is there….sorry guys! Stepping away from the computer….

day 5 UK nfd

A great couple of days but now need to rein in. UP early tomorrow to drive to airport and fly to Edinburgh to help with the move.

I wont have breakfast but know I have to eat before or while flying, I get so nervous! So silly!

Good luck everyone!

Day 5 USA (Utah – traveling)

NFD – keeping under TDEE each day thanks to MFP’s help on calorie counting. Got to the gym this morning for a good workout. I especially like doing weights there, not so much the treadmill or elliptical machine. I do try to spend 10 minutes on the recumbent bike. That’s about all the aerobic exercise I enjoy. Probably should do more… I am considering a day of skiing here tomorrow. The snow has finally been enough to open the resorts around Salt Lake City. We will see. I do love to downhill ski.

NorrieB — agreed. You need a new scale. No clue what one to suggest though! Somehow I imagine any one would be better than the one you have! šŸ™‚

Hearty congrats to all you pocket fasters! Keep it up! You can do this!

Onward and downward!

2nd post

Coming to the end of the first FD – kept below 500cal easily and most importantly not feeling hungry……

Brilliant Yoga Class this evening – should set me up for a good night sleep.

Going for a walk tomorrow morning – might be a bit misty/foggy according to the weather man but it will be dry so all good.

@norrieb – new scales required definitely – LOL

Well done all pocket fasters – stay strong

Day 6 (30+6) Sunshine Coast Qld Aus: Fast going well. We had a get together after choir last night to celebrate last practice till 30th January next year. I had a small dinner before I went, a mince curry with broccoli and carrots and clear liquid base. Very yummy and very low in calories, maybe 2 tablespoons of mince all up. Less than 500 calories for the day. I didn’t eat any of the plates of high carb high sugar on offer, and no fruit juice, just water and talking to lots of different choir members. It was a lovely feeling to know I could be part of it without having to eat. Yes, I even took the rum balls I had made but didn’t even eat a gram of the shredded coconut covering them. I showed a couple of people my pocket list and said it was helping me not eat. Feeling on top of things this morning. Thank you for the added strength, pocket fasters. I have the same pocket as yourself, Coda. More space in that pocket with the weight reduction. Even use it for keys at times lol.

Will check in later today.

Day 5 | FD | Bucks UK

Saw this quote on pinterest
    If you wouldn’t say it to a friend, don’t say it to yourself.

Day 6 – New Zealand – FD (I hope)
    Not sure if I logged on yesterday, but my intended FD ended up a NFD – eldest daughter’s birthday so I took her out to lunch, only had salads, but know the potato salad was laden with a creamy dressing. Have a end of year break up tonight – but if I can keep myself away from the supper I should be able to keep to my fast today.

Second Post

Had one more very small apple. I got through the first FD, which I wouldn’t have without this group and the pocket fasters. Knowing I’m not alone in my struggle really does work šŸ™‚

Hopefully, I will succeed tomorrow. The pull to eat just for the sake of it is very great at times.

Stay strong my friends šŸ™‚

xoxo

Day 5…. Florida….FD

First day into my b2b, and right now, I’m having some throw back symptoms to a faster for the first time has…. I’ve got a headache from the depths of the seedy underworld…… oh….. and I’m crotchety! I feel like Mr. Scrooge….. everyone wants something and all I want to do is strangle them…. Seriously, If I looked good in the color Orange with hortizontal strips, I really consider strangling someone.
    I’m sure the ghost of past, present and future will come a calling tonight! I may have to strangle them too….
    I’m hoping dinner tonight will help!
    I’m working on about 95 calories as of right now, but funny thing is I’m not the least bit hungry. Could be all the water, I’ve drank so far. Just put a loaf of bread in the oven… smells so good, but I’m steadfast. I will have my fish and veggies…. and of course more water!
    Normally, I weigh in Tues but I postponed until Thursday after the three day fast is over and see where I land. I’m praying that it’s not on someone’s head!
    Okay well….. I’ve really got to go, finish up dinner… so my hethens can find peace in their bellies because of course their starving!
    One more thing before I go…… I am sorry if this post comes across spiteful and mean, I promise I’m not going to strangle anyone….. After I eat, I’m going to bed!

Day 6 sunny country West Australia NFD
    FD yesterday went well as per second post last night. Fortunately the doughnuts really DO seem to be 0 calories as the scale reads the same as yesterday – winning!!! ( perhaps the scale is broken? but it had better not be as it is a new one purchased 2 months ago and was very accurate in the shop!) Seriously I am eating well under 500 calories for FDs and under TDEE when I calculate ATM as I know I will be consuming more from now on , so tried to build up a deficit calorie-wise.
    MFP is my saving grace as it keeps me right on track.
    @august 2014, I know what you mean about ‘ nibble danger’. I am providing the nibbles at a lunch today for the Aged Care facility where my mum lives. A handful of nuts here, a few chips/crisps there and before you know it ….
    Was going to buy healthy things and then I thought – it’s Christmas! Scrooge and calories be damned, we are going to have a GOOD time. So nuts and crackers and chocolate coated almonds are in there with the cheese and strawberries. I hope the elderly really enjoy it as they deserve to be looked after. We owe the older generation so much. My mum and most of the residents at the Aged Care lodge are well into they 90’s.
    Guessing I may not be within a bull’s roar of my TDEE today but what the heck!!šŸ˜œ

AnneMarilyn–
    I do have mint tea & stevia in the house. That sounds like a lovely warm & soothing treat. I’m definitely trying that. Thanks for the idea!

Day 6 – Melbourne – NFD

@bert1802 – hahaaa strangling them is too kind, when you feel peevish! I prefer disembowelment! Slowly!
    @Lilym – yes! you have to have a GOOD time now and again – in fact, I wonder (if it only happens rarely) if it’s quite good for the system, as it shakes up the metabolism and revs it a bit… sounds good, anyway šŸ™‚

I ate at 5.30pm last night, just 2 boiled eggs and salad with a tsp balsamic, and haven’t eaten as yet so it’s been over 17 hours and I DO feel peckish. I’ve been wanting to get down to 2 meals only per day, for the last 3-4 years, as I know I don’t need any more than that, and I think this WOL is helping that along. That’s a long-term goal for me, so it will be interesting to revisit that statement, say, mid 2017.

Happy and Successful Day to all – whatever you are aiming for today. BV

NorrieB– my scale acted crazy the other day too. It said I weighed 302.1 lbs & was 46.3% body fat. I’m actually closer to 145 lbs & 21%.

So it gave me a good chuckle before I tried a set of new batteries that put things right again. Were you able to try that?

No suggestions on a new scale if you go that route. But consistency of measurement, instead of a random number generator, while doing a Fast Diet Challenge seems necessary. Good luck on your quest!

Day 5 – London, UK – b2bFD

OK stayed true all day on liquid only, then met up with 2 ex colleagues for a catch up. They chose the venue, Pizza place, did ok and would like to think I stayed under 500 but the jury may be out on that!! However I clocked up over 22,000 steps today so hoping that will help. Planning a very good FD tomorrow before flying to Rome on Wednesday with my daughter. Apologies in advance, I will be enjoying a little freedom to enjoy some genuine Italian cuisine, but I will be walking my socks off too šŸ˜‰

Good night and good luck for day 2 pocket fasters!

Inspirational thought for all of us, especially our pocket fasters:

“If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.”

Let’s make these challenges we set for ourselves (big & small, 45 days or back-to-back fasts) empower us to reach the changes we dream of!!

Be strong & have a great day all my fellow challengers!

Day 5 Minnesota, USA FD turned into a NFD
    I am relieved that at 9:30 pm my time, today, the big weekend (4 Days of eating and celebrating) is over! My family, including my children and their children (all of my grandchildren) were all here at my home for the celebration of my 60th bd this weekend. Also to celebrate my husband’s birthday, same weekend, who is several years older than me.
    It was so lovely for me and my Hubby to have all of our loved ones here! I did, in fact, over indulge. So it goes! I’ll never have a 60th birthday, again.
    Hopefully, I can just get back on the horse and lose the excess weight that Ive picked up over the last couple of months.
    I’m still in healthy BMI, but not by much!
    I’m looking forward to a good FD tomorrow: I have been pretty good today, all things considered. I encouraged my husband to have the last of the excellent carrot cake that was our shared bd cake. šŸ˜‹
    I will keep you strong fasters in my thoughts tomorrow, to encourage and inspire me. I very much need a good FD. Wish me luck!
    Best of luck, everyone!

Good FD today. Stayed under 500 calories, 90 minute walk in the morning with a friend, errands in the afternoon and Book Club in the evening. Ready for a good night’s sleep now.

Day 6 | Derbyshire UK | FD

Sorry b2tf but yesterday was a NFD.

Day 5,NFD, Canada.
    Not enough sleep last night,unable to complete my FD today. But tomorrow is another day, onward and downward.
    Strength to the B2B fasters!

Day 6 / Tweed Coast Australia / FD

Wonderful fast day! It is going better than expected!

In it to thin it, I definitely know about lack of sleep and inability to complete a fast day. I had to abort one myself for same reason. I completely understand.

Still Day 5: Still Pacific NW USA, still a 1st FD of a possible 3. I had my chicken broth when I got home from work and added about a quarter of a diced avacado to it so not a liquid only today but very much under 500. I feel really fine right now and no hunger pangs so I’m glad I added the avocado. However, I did need to read through the pocket list to remind myself that thoughts of eating were just out of habit.

Happy belated birthday to you and your husband, Northern!

Lizzi – I have had chills on a FD and once it seemed I never warmed up till I got in bed so I decided it was fatigue as well as low calories. I’m sure you fixed yourself a warm cup of tea, put on extra socks and a sweater!

Day 6 – Staffordshire UK – FD

Yesterday wasn’t a FD. Struggling a bit over last couple of days. Not felt like myself and had a few dizzy spells, think I’ve probably got an ear infection that’s effecting my balance. Really hard to concentrate on eating sensible when you don’t feel 100%.šŸ˜”

UK day6 FD up and early and had a real urge to eat something ,wasn’t hungry but had that desire for a “treat” had a coffee and it seems to have passed,want to stay on track with the rest of the pocket list

Fuvvie – so impressed, I admire your strength, I’m OK in the house , not so strong in social situations, something I need to work on

NorthernDawn Many happy returns xx

Day 6 – London – NFD
    Cup of tea with a friend yesterday turned into cheese scones and two glasses of rose. But it was an nfd. I’m planning to fast tomorrow and have a mindful day today. Good luck to all fasting today.

Hi all UK day 6 fd (11.8)
    @northerndawn happy belated birthday to you and your OH glad you had a wonderful time with all the family around you.

@ciren2 I have a salter scale battery powered. It can weigh in lbs, kilos or stones and touch wood has worked well.

Fast day went well ate a little when I came home after my run. Today have my bone broth with me for my liquid only day. Have a good day/evening x

Day 6, FD, New Zealand. A good FD, ate about 300 cals and walked 15,000 steps. Will see tomorrow morning how I feel, and then decide if I do my 3rd b2b FD.

I’ve mentioned to some family members that I’ve lost a few kilos recently, and generally they say ‘oooh, well done. How did you do it?” My very simple reply is I. Eat. Less. Now. They can’t really argue with that, because almost everybody at some stage in their life has eaten too much, even my slim sisters! Depending on who I am talking to, I don’t go into detail, because I know that some people will jump to the wrong conclusion ie starvation, eating disorder, etc, etc. I know I’m healthy, and that’s the most important thing. And so many people these days have excluded sugar, that no one blinks an eye if I decline a chocolate biscuit or a slice of cake.

Am off to bed soon, so good luck all the other pocket fasters. You can do it!

London | Day 6 | FD – back on track pocket-fast!

Yesterday descended into chaos after the unplanned lunch! When I got home (full of good intentions of fasting), I gave into the ‘impulsive eating dragon’ and ended up having dinner (chicken+veg soup) with hubby. Now I feel I’ve let you all down :-s

I’ve put that down to experience and got back in the pocket :-p
    Back to fasting today – at least 36h, if not longer. I want to see how long I can stretch the fast.

Day 6 Italy – FD
    Yesterday was fine, ate a couple spoonfuls of pasta as I was feeling a little light headed. Woke up this morning feeling a little better, hoping to be more active today. I’m determined to stick to my fast and a good weigh-in on Wednesday morning.

Day 6 Surrey UK FD, 2nd of the b2b2b. So far so good. Tomorrow I am going to my daughter in the West Midlands so that will be nice! I have every intention of staying in touch on this forum. Have a good day all!

Day 6 UK FD

Bert, LOL. The person who needs strangling in my house is me! After a truly disastrous, ridiculous ‘old me eating’ series of three NFDs I desperately need this FD to be a success. Planning on a LF and it needs to happen!

Northern Dawn, there are a few reasons to come off plan, throw caution to the winds and just enjoy yourself. I would say a 60th is just that time. Hope you really enjoyed your family time and happy birthday.

Norrie, i bought Tanita scales online (JL) a few months ago. I went for the simplest version and read a load of reviews which said they were really accurate and easy to use (some are very complicated and all I wanted to was weigh myself). They have been great and have consistently behaved themselves, unlike me.

Have a good day all, well done to the b2bs, even if you haven’t totally made it, keep going.

Day 6, London, FD.

Seeing that people are fasting like, forever, my one day should be easy (in comparison).

Good day to everyone.

Day 6 : Cheshire, UK : FD

Woke up feeling positive today because my stomach feels lighter. Today feels it is going to be so much more easier than yesterday. I don’t want to eat because I like the feeling in my stomach. It’s a shame I have a Christmas lunch tomorrow because I think I would gain momentum. No worries, I will join Coda and the pocket fasters next week.

I’m also surprising myself how I am keeping up with all the posts. It really must be my frame of mind when I don’t.

Stay strong my friends whether this is a FD or not.

xoxo

I am soooo grumpy – no patience at all – heaven help anyone who crosses me today!

Day 6…..Florida……. FD

Start of the 2nd day of b2b, physically, I feel fine, not hungry at all. I even woke up before the alarm, not that I had all this energy mostly because I had to pee. That last glass of water did I think….
    Feeling a bit better this morning but not by much. But with a little soul searching and some wise words by Father Clifford. Take it one day at a time and be glad and rejoice for this is the day the Lord has made. I’m determined to be a bit less foul.
    Do ever wonder why we are not shown our destiny, where will end up or all the work, we must put into life? It’s because, we would ever attempt to finish it. We would find excuses as to why. it’s to hard, there is to much. We are given everyday, to work a little bit towards our goals, so the impossible seems possible.
    If a doctor or nurse walked into a stadium filled with sick people millions of them, and were told these are the people you need to nurse in your life time. A nurse or a doctor may see an impossible task at hand. But if the nurse or doctor treated on sick person a day for a million days, the doctor or nurse would see it as possible to nurse a million people.
    When we look at the numbers on the scale we see the work we must do…. 20lbs for me, 25lbs for Jane, a 100lbs for Joe and ( )lbs for you. We see the impossible. Oh, I’m never going to lose 20lbs, it’s to hard, there’s to much.
    But breaking it down daily or taking it a day or week at a time. We are able to do the impossible. If I lose on pound a week for 20 weeks, I’ve done the impossible right?
    So, by taking it one day, I’ve just proved to myself, I can do anything.
    The moral of the story in realation to weight loss, take each day as it is given to us. Follow sensible eating patterns, don’t worry about tomorrow and soon enough your impossible will be possible….
    That my friends was the empowering message, I receive last night. While Father Clifford’s message wasn’t about weight loss, it was easily turn into a message of hope and support for all of us who struggle.
    One day at a time!

Something to keep me focused over Christmas – just confirmed our holiday to the states in June šŸ˜ŽšŸš‚ Yay!!!!

Day 6 – Canada – NFD

Day 6, Australia FD
    Day 2 of b2b2b! I like that. Sorry I forgot now who wrote that first. I really need to take notes while I’m reading as I want to reply or congratulate or comment and then once I start writing I can’t remember them all. Hopefully this fasting will help my brain function a bit better! Lol!
    2nd fd much easier than the first. Haven’t gone liquid only, (good job Coda) but haven’t even had 350 cals abs looking forward to another fd tomorrow.
    Looks like there are a few doing the b2b2b! It’s going to be great!

Day 6, Brisbane Australia NFD

Viewing 50 posts - 2,451 through 2,500 (of 3,410 total)

You must be logged in to reply.