30 Day April 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
30 Day April 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 2,616 replies, has 179 voices, and was last updated by  Chubbybiker 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 2,621 total)

• Day 1, London UK, FD

Aims for this month

1. Stick to 4:3 or ADF, whichever FEELS right,
    2. Lose 5lbs+, start weight 169.8lbs.
    3. Incorporate HIIT 4x/week
    4. Increase my steps to get ‘close’ to 10,000 per day.
    5. Have a mindful Easter, NFDs are not an issue, but family celebrations are ‘tricky’!
    6. Have a ‘dry’ April…………….I’ll give the red wine a miss for this month! No drinking my calories!

As I managed to reach my March target, (results posted this a.m. in that thread), this month’s target is to lose 5lbs+ which will bring me under 165lbs. I’ve managed to be a little bit more mindful on NFDs in March, so my next aim is to deal with family celebrations in a controlled & mindful manner! Mmmmmhhhhh Easter chocolate!!!

@okeydokey, good luck keeping us all in check!!! I’m sure you’ll be FAB!!!

Good luck everybody, we’ve GOT this!!!!!

Day 1…..Florida…. NFD

Good Morning!

I can not believe it April all ready. Time flies when your having fun!

I started this WOL, the very tail end of Oct., my weight was 165lbs. Before I even started in Oct., I took a short stab at 5:2 and just could not make it a few months earlier. Then beginning sick and tired of being fat, always tired and extremely depressed. I gave it another go around. This WOL stuck and I’m so much better for it.

One of the main reason, I joined the group is to gain further insight with the whole thing but also to talk about it. You see I kept 5:2 a big dark secret mainly because of the bad mumbo jumbo of the 5:2 and IF lifestyle.

But let’s be honest here, I found so much more than I was expecting from this group. My lifestyle is no longer a hidden secret, I tell everyone. My family, friends and co workers have accepted my change in behavior regarding my diet. So, this group has become so much more to me than words on paper!

So, my starting weight for April is 144lbs with a goal of 139 by the end!

I have no clue as to what my trouser size is really, it keeps changing on a regular basis, I can keep up. Right now, I’m at the stage where I try on a pair of pants if they fit I wear them, if they don’t I try them every morning until the do. If they are to big, I say….. man I loved these and throw them in the give away bin. I’ve done one closet haul out and planning another one this month, as I no longer can see the floor in the closet. I have a lot of too big piles on the floor.

For the newbies…… I first want to talk to you all about your scales.
    The scales are normally the only thing in our homes that we allow to steal from us, lie to us and make us feel unworthy,but dispite of that we still put so much faith in them. They are lying, cheating thieven bastards, I tell you what!
    During your first month, I don’t want you to get so wrapped up in what the scales say. I want you to find other ways to judge your success. I found the best one, is my closet.
    This is why….. In Feb., I had a terrible month, my weight based on the scales were all over the place down two or three pounds, up five or six lbs. It was madness!
    But every morning, I went to my closet, clothes that I could not wear became wearable. Pants that I wore just two days before were so big not even a belt could keep them up. I mean my weight creeped up as my trouser size went down….. Unbelievable right! But it’s true!
    You will find so much more success in your life, in your closet and in your heart then the scales will give you credit for. So, please don’t get discouraged when the scales is being a brat. Pull out those clothes that were to small and base your success on them when you are wearing them again and looking fit as ever!

Okay, well I’m off got a busy day a head of me!

Be classy, sassy and a bit bad assy today!

DAY 1 – UK – NFD

Weight: 9st 13.04 lb. (139.04lb)

April Target: 2 lb loss (9st 11lb).(137lb)

Final Target June 30th : 9st. 7lb. (133 lb)

Thanks @okeydokey for hosting April challenge. Really appreciated.

Target is AD fasting. Drink more water. Run 30 mins 3 times a week.

Day 1 UK Nfd

Started 5:2 last Monday weighing 12st 10lbs. I’ve done 2 fast days and have a 3 lbs loss this week. Feeling very happy 😊 I would like to lose 1lb a week so by the end of the month that’ll be half a stone. Ultimate goal is to get back to a good bmi and not be classified as obese so I’ve got about 1st 7lbs to lose overall.

Love the support of these posts. So much help and useful suggestions like taking body measurements for comparison or trying formerly tight clothes on again when the scales stay the same. Thank you okeydokey for setting this up.

Dolly x

@bert1802 -Pearls of wisdom….please keep ’em coming. I confess I am ruled by the scales (you can tell as I even put in the fractions when recording my weight – if I go up .0002 in a morning, depressions sets in!!!!!!!) I have a favourite shift dress I made years ago, which I have kept in the wardrobe – that is my tester. I haven’t worn it for years (I’m too old now, it’s sleeveless and v. short) BUT at last I can slip into it, and it moves around the hips! a first for a long time. That’s my measure now – I shall take your sensible advice and become less obsessed with the scales. Many thanks.

Day 1 UK NFD start weight 146lbs – started this journey last May and have lost around 20lbs and I’m kind of happy with my weight – had a lot of entertaining/visitors last month and have gained a couple of lbs I’ve got a holiday coming up in June so my aim is 140lb by then but I need to take it steady as when I was at 142 I wasn’t particularly happy with some loose skin so I’m upping my exercise and want to get back to a healthy way of eating . Looking forward to our journey will put some time aside tomorrow morning to catch up on all the posts so far ,wishing everyone a successful April .

Yep in for April

Day 1 UK…..NFD

Starting weight for April is 10st 11lbs. I usually weigh in on a Monday so will post again then.

I’d like to lose at 3lbs this month which would take me to where I was before Christmas.

To achieve this I shall

Carry on with 4:3

Reset my TDEE to 1300 which is near my goal weight not my actual weight.

I think I’ll measure my waistline too !

Let’s have a brilliant month !!

Hi uk day 1 nfd

Mind not in good place at moment 🙁 catch up later x

Day 1, Cumbria UK, FD
    todays weight 150lbs 8oz
    Goal weight for April 144lbs
    Thanks for hosting okeydokey xx

Day 1, Switzerland, NFD

Weight 1 April 17: 79.7kg

I’ve decided that I will continue ADF for April … well, that’s the plan in any case!

Good luck everyone 🙂

Day 1 USA (Illinois) – NFD

Starting this month at 160.8 pounds (11.4 st; 72.9 kg) which has been a maintenance weight for me since mid-November. But maintaining it has been my challenge; NFD’s can be tough, and with the help of these wonderful challenge peeps, I have been able to do it. Height 5’6″ (167.6 cm), BMI 25.1. 68 years old, retired school music teacher, still have a few private piano students, direct our local townspeople choir (concert is tomorrow Sunday afternoon!) Real name – Gwynne but always have used the moniker SongBirdMe as an email addy. Yes, I am a Song Bird, love to sing, mezzo soprano.

Just over a year ago, I bought “The Fast Diet” book to read up on this plan of eating (WOL we call it) not believing it was safe. After reading the research, I decided at about 193 pounds (87.5 kg) it was worth trying. I found this wonderful website and joined the May challenge led by @coda, and I’ve been on all the challenges since then. Our international group has been fabulous!

I look forward to getting to know you newbies and continuing with our stalwarts. Must run – last rehearsal before our concert!

Second post – aim for April is to drop 2kgs thanks @okeydokey

Day 1 UK

Weight – 147lbs
    Goal loss for April – 7lbs
    FD’s on Tuesday and Thursday

Thanks for hosting, hopefully I stick at it 😅

Day 1, Germany, NFD

Weight 55,6 kg
    My goal is to stay under 56 kg

Starting weight January 70,9 kg, doing 5:2 since February. Total weightloss so far: 15,3 kg. Since doing 5:2 I cut out sugar and most carbs. I don’t know why, but it was really easy to do. I read all posts, the experience from all over the world were very helpful, there is so much wisdom around here. If you’re stuck, ask for help, there are always people on line to give you useful advice.

@okeydokey I’m so glad you’re doing this and I’m sure you’ll also have a great weightloss this month, you’re really amazing. Nice to have your DH here too.

I want to join if you let me!.

Day – 1 NFD, Norfolk, Va.

Thank you for hosting @okeydokey!

Day 1, Belfast N. Ireland, NFD
    Weight: 12st 5lbs
    Target for April: to lose 5lbs.
    I’ve just finished my first week back on the 5:2. Both FDs went ok, but I’m very glad I’ve joined this forum…the motivation and back up should hopefully keep me focused.
    Good luck everybody and thanks again @okeydokey for hosting.

Day 1: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD.

Starting April at 8 pounds over my goal. This is weight GAINED since falling by the wayside after being at goal for 4 months until the end of December! I admit to struggling with fasting nowadays….but keep on trying….as it DOES work, if you DO it.

Day 1 – Cumbria UK – NFD/CD

Thanks @okeydokey for hosting April challenge – I loved hosting the March Challenge but looking forward to relaxing this month and just enjoying reading the posts and commenting at my leisure. You have such energy and positiveness that I know you have got this 👍 All of us joining again from the March Challenge are here for you if you need us xx

My Weight loss story so far:-
    January 2 2015 = BMI: 27.9 Wt: 75kg/165.3lbs (started walking and being more mindful about what I ate)
    January 3 2016 = BMI: 25.6 Wt: 68.8kg/151.7lbs (started 5:2 WOL on my own)
    October 30 2016 = BMI: 22.1 Wt: 59.5kg/131.2lbs (had plateaued for 3 months previously so decided to joined the Nov Challenge – best decision I ever made!)
    December 7 2016 = BMI: 20.3 Wt: 54.7k/120.6lbs
    April 1 2017 = BMI: 20.1 Wt: 54kg/119lbs

*I am happy to report that April will be my 5th Month in Maintenance 💃 Joining the November Challenge was an amazing experience – I thought I knew about 5:2 but I learnt so much and felt brave enough to try new ways of fasting until I settled into my current pattern which works for me!

Aims for this month is to:-
    *Remain under my goal weight of 55kg/121.3lbs
    *Do 2 x FDs each week, one of which will be a fluid/minimal calories day
    *Continue doing 16:8 on my NFDs – 2 meals a day
    *Try to stay controlled on my NFDs (CD)
    *Aim to drink around 2.5L daily
    *Still enjoy that slice of cake with a flat white when out with OH for a coffee twice a week and to enjoy a couple of glasses of wine 3-4 times a week BUT JUST NOT EVERY DAY!!!!
    *Keep up with my walking (1.5/2hrs each session) x 3 – pilates x 1 – aerobic x1 and yoga x 2 sessions each week
    *Firmly PRESS that “Reset” button with a FD or CD if I have a bad day – don’t let it turn into a bad week!
    *Sign on here daily for accountability
    *Weigh weekly after my 2nd FD and record on my tracker here

Lovely to see so many from previous challenges joining in again and a big WELCOME to those new to this WOL!
    This WOL does work if you follow it and give it time – it is not a DIET but a permanent change as to how we lead our lives……
    The best advice I can give to anyone new to this WOL is to stick to the basic 5:2 for the first month – The following link by @simcoeluv might prove helpful and answer a lot of your questions:– https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

To lose the weight and keep it off we cannot go back to doing what we did before when we gained the weight! “IT’S NOT JUST ABOUT LOSING THE WEIGHT; IT’S ABOUT LOSING THE LIFESTYLE AND MINDSET THAT GOT YOU THERE” Steve Maraboli

Day 1 Lancaster pa. NFD
    Start weight 256
    Goal weight 246
    I
    Happy to be at 256 pounds now lost 3 last week sound 3 fast days.

Started this in December at 273.
    I height 6’2″

Day 1 Florida USA NFD
    Welcome all to the new month. I’m at 128 lb/ 5″1″ tall. My ideal weight is 120, happy weight 118. With the 5/2 I met this goal in 2013. I’m back on track with the (realistic) goal by the end of April of 125 pounds, a 3 pound loss. Four would be nice but with MS, I’m relatively sedentary in spite of swimming and yoga. For example, I don’t climb steps or take walks. I expect to reach my goal of 120 by the beginning of June. Thanks @okeydokey for hosting. Carry on all!

Hi fasters!! Day 1 Minneapolis, Minnesota USA, NFD. Started a few weeks ago at 172 pounds. I am now about 168 so….yippee!! I feel pretty good about that. I want to be 160 by the end if the month. So here are my stats….
    Female
    Age….49
    Height….5ft 6in
    Starting weight….172. (Ugh!!)
    Current weight….168 (yippee!!)
    April 30th goal…..160 (I hope)
    May 30th goal……155 (I wish)
    June 30th goal……145 (I can dream)
    July 30th goal…….140….done! I hope to stay there.

I am kinda “goal orientated” lol. Seeing it in writing really helps keep me focused. I hope to get pretty close to these goals. if I don’t, and it takes longer…then so be it! I’ll just keep at it until I get there. I plan to do 6:1 for maintainance.

Happy fasting!!!

Day 1 USA-WA-NFD
    Thanks again for this forum and to @okeydokey for hosting! I am starting this challenge at 142 lbs. with a goal for April of losing 5 lbs. I have been doing ADF which has been working well for me, but I will switch to 5:2 if I start to struggle. So far, ADF is a rhythm that feels good in my body. Here we go, April!

Day 1 – USA – FD

Good morning fasters!!! So happy to have this group for support!!!

Day 1 – USA – NFD

Goal today – **don’t overeat!!*** That is my downfall on NFDs – I’m hungry from the prior FD and want to eat everything in sight. I will try to stick with LCHF way of eating and minimize snacking.

Goal this month – go from today’s starting weight of 177lbs to 170 lbs.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Day 1, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Today’s weight 140.5, below goal weight of 145.

My goals for the month are to maintain my weight below 145, exercise daily, drink lots of fluids and eat sensibly the majority of the time. Like Dolly Parton said, “I learned I could eat everything I want, just not all at once.”

Happy April ! And for the record, I hate April’s Fool’s Day tricks.
    Always have.

Cool and damp here, supposed to hit freezing again next week – and my tulips are in full bloom – oh no !!!

Looking forward to a great month. I read the March thread last night and was just amazed at some of the success stories. There is no doubt that this way of eating works, it has been proven worldwide and on this very forum. My best to each of you on this journey.

Another Lurker would like to join the April 2017 Challenge! Started 5:2 on Jan 2nd of this year – I’ve lost 15lbs with a goal to lose 10 more 🙂 I plan to continue with 2 FDs a week and hope to lose 5lbs by the end of the month. Thanks for setting this up.
    East Coast Canada (still covered with snow) – Day 1 – NFD

Day 1 North of San Francisco, Ca Looks like a sunny week after tons of rain. I weight in at 153 lbs. this morning. i35 is my goal, and for April any part of that I can lose is very welcome.
    I’m very appreciative for all the support and inspiration !!

Day 1, Rocky Mountains, US, BSD 800 cals

Hello everyone!!!
    It is April and it’s just unbelievable!
    I have a huge challenge coming towards me starting on April 17. I am going to Europe for 6 weeks!
    That said, I will do BSD (Blood Sugar Diet, 800 cals) every day until departure. The food will be Mediterranean Diet, no refined sugar, so I will follow LCHF (low carb, high fat).
    I am starting today at 128.4 pounds and would like to reach 125 pounds by morning of the 17th. I will also only allow a small food window, 1PM to 4PM, so doing 21 hours fasting every day.
    Then the real challenge starts right away with bad food on plane, but super yummy food🍗🍕🍰and drink🍷🍺🍸in Austria, Ireland and Italy. My goal is to NOT gain weight. I will apply 16:8 with hopefully few exceptions. I know @scs was successful with it during her vacation.
    So this is my plan in a nutshell.

Thanks @okeydokey! 😊😊😊

Have a great day!!! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 1 NFD UK
    Started last week at 81.5 kg
    CURRENT WEIGHT 79.5 kg ( – 2kg or 4.5lbs) 👍
    GOAL 70kg

Hi
    Sussex UK
    NFD
    137 starting weight and aiming for 126lbs
    I find the weight rises on the normal days frustrating but there we are but finding everyone’s comments very uplifting. I also need to remember to drink water on all days.
    Thanks for sharing your comments.

Day 1 NFD US
    Starting at 189.5
    Goal for the month is 4-6 lbs (to have the reasonable 1-1.5 lb/week loss). I’ll be happy if it’s a little more, but I know too fast = too hungry = too likely to rebound.
    Happy for the support and, as a newbie, happy for any suggestions!

Anonymous

Day 2 – California, USA – FD

Hi everyone! You are all inspiring. I’ve read many success stories here with people who are still actively doing the plan; I find myself encouraged!

I’m also entering a gym fitness challenge. The person with the highest combined percentage loss of weight and of body fat wins. This runs April – end of June.

I’ll weigh in on the scale there, but know I’m gonna be higher than my normal morning weigh-in as I’m having coffee and water beforehand. I figure the higher weight they register me to start, the better my odds become? (It’s what I tell myself to bat away the shame.)

The winner gets free membership for 6 months. 2nd place gets 3 months free. 3rd gets a month free. Small things but I figured, sure I’ll sign up.

Anyways, my morning weight was about the same as always: 168-170lbs
    My goal for April is to see the scale read at or below: 159lbs.

It’s 8:20am here, so I have a full day ahead. Fingers crossed!

Cheers!

To be clear 70 kg is my end goal. My goal for April is 3 kilos!

Day 1-USA-NFD
    BMI 34.0 /TDEE 1922 calories
    Current weight 218/ 1st goal weight 199/ 2nd goal weight 185

April goal 4-7 lbs

My plan is:

Sunday 16:8
    Monday FD
    Tuesday 16:8
    Wednesday 16:8
    Thursday FD
    Friday NFD
    Saturday NFD

I have to definitely watch my calories on NFD’s as I tend to snack quite a bit. I have started exercising. Will not exercise on fast days. I am someone who has to calorie count or I will go overboard. I eat mostly plant-based, but when I do eat meat i tend to eat too much.

Does this sound doable? This is my first go round.

Hi. This is my first week and I’m excited to join the30day April 2017 challenge. My weight is 148 lbs, my ultimate goal is 128. My biggest problem is the evening, alcohol and snacks. Thanks for any support.

Hi Beautiful B and welcome to the 5:2 way of life. Like you I have a problem in the evening just as you have. I have ruined a number of fast days come 9.00pm by cracking a bottle of wine, with crisps and sandwiches. Try having in a supply of sparkling water or soda water with a slice of lime or lemon for an evening drink. It helps me with my cravings. Also try having your evening meal around 7.00pm and be in bed by 9.00pm with a good book.
    Good luck.

DAY 1 – UK – NFD

Start weight 154 lb
    Goal weight 140 lb
    Ultimate goal 110 lb (in time!!)

Long way to go. Positive mental attitude.
    Looking forward to challenging myself.
    Let’s see. Looking forward to being part of a group.
    Good luck to everyone.

@songbirdme Enjoy your concert tomorrow!

Day 1 – Durham, UK – NFD

Start weight 13/10/17: 100.3kg
    Goal weight: 75kg
    Current weight: 83.49kg
    April Goal: 7x kg

@coda – hugs to you. Chin up, my friend. You are stronger than you know, and we are all here ready to help whenever you need us.

@at thank you for all your hard work last month, and I’m glad to see you and the other familiar “faces” here again. 😊

@okeydokey – thank you for taking on this huge job. I know you will be fantastic, as you’ve been such a support to so many of us already.

This month, I am focussing on me. I need to figure out what I want and what I need in a lot of different areas in my life. This WOL is the easiest part of everything I have to work through, and this month I am committing to checking in here with you guys everyday, and 3 day B2B2B FDs Tues-We’d-Thu. Let’s hope I can get that sort of clarity on everything else😉

Here we go, my friends. Onwards and downwards, TOGETHER! xx

3rd post April 1 Day 1 – US – NFD
    ✨✨✨✨✨✨😊😊
    @nabaht Glad you are here! I think your goal is attainable, actually similar to mine.😊✨I am trying to make that goal by June😊 So as to stay happy and motivate as a WOL (way of life) it might help if you broke the amount to lose down into monthly increments like either 5 or 10 lbs. per month.✨ I have chosen losing 10 lbs per month. But if I can lose 15 lbs. per month I will be happier in June for my nieces wedding on June I think your goal of 150lbs to 159lbs is good range you will know after this month what monthly goal you feel comfortable with.✨Together we are Stronger✨😊
    @pamie 👋 High five ✋ on your success so far on having a smaller clothes size! Keep it up 👍and we will keep the weight and clothes sized down!👎😊✨😊✨🌈✨
    @stone176055 Thanks for joining our group sound like you’ve got the 5:2 down and are doing really well. Is your goal to maintain or do you have another goal?👍✨😊✨
    @mila69 ✨😊Welcome🌈✨ So many people with different goals here and yet I see it as everyone taking steps in the direction that will help them to be healthier and feel better. I feel like even if other things in my life don’t work out the way I like. I’ve made it through my FD ( fast day) of I’ve made it through my NFD (non fast day) CD (control day) I have a plan and I haves group and ✨We are in this Together.✨😊Thank-you for joining our group!✨
    @neostaford It’s so nice to have someone from Croatia in our group! Thank-you for joining!✨Good Luck to you!✨
    @dykask ✨no worries I was thinking I’m a bit obsessed🤣 with this June wedding and realized your goals and time frame would probably be different than mine. You could be right✨ Because I realize your time frame is right for you.😊✨funny i’m happy to lose fat around neck and face. How tall are you? I’d say it probably has something to do with genetics. 😊You have been doing so well! What’s your goal for this month?✨
    @unrudimental hey 👋 High five ✋ on your 3 FD’s and living the 5:2. Looks like it’s working for you! Thanks for joining our group.✨😊
    @sarah57 Congratulations✨🎉on losing 35 lbs since September and 7lbs in March! I’m glad your in our April group! ✨Keep on, Keepin on’✨✨
    @georgia83 👋 I’m glad your here! Your right!✨😊We Can Do This!✨✨
    Your Welcome @fatrabbit✨Good Luck with your weight loss!✨🌈✨I’m recording our present weight and goals and will get a chance to read more soon!

“Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life.✨

Have a Great 1st of March✨😊✨
    🤣 April fools ✨ Have a Great 1st of April!✨✨We are all in this Together and Together We are Stronger!🌈😊 We Got This!

Day 1- Montreal- FD

Today was going to be a NFD but has turned into a FD. We went out for dinner last night and I think my body did not appreciate all the rich food. I woke up feeling terrible and decided to listen to myself and take it easy today.

Count me in NFD. New to this it looks like a very helpful group.

Day1 Maine NFD

Okeydokey @okeydoky – here we go for April! Thanks for taking the reins & having just read through all the April posts, I am so impressed by how you’ve taken charge.

Starting weight for April: 183.4 – hoping to remove 4 more pounds this month.

Other goals include increasing exercise – I have a goal of being able to do a man’s push-up -even when I’ve weighed much less, I have never had the upper body strength to do even one! Always envious whenever I see someone easily pop down & push a few…..so, will try to keep that goal in mind.

Also, trying to drink 16 oz of cool water 30 minutes before meal – read it activates metabolism. Seems easy enough since I’m drinking a lot of water anyway, but find I remember halfway through the meal about the water before hand.

@redrockgirl302 – your trip sounds fabulous! You certainly can stick to this WOL while traveling – I did a few adjustments – selectively choosing which days & meals to focus on & the food on the NFD’s was even more delicious! I told myself if I didn’t gain, that’d be a win-win. My weight fluctuated for sure, but, pushing the reset button is the most powerful tool I’ve ever encountered!

@songbirdme – I’ll be thinking of your concert tomorrow – I bet it will be splendid – great kick off to spring!

Good luck everyone – make it a great day & super month!

I am in NFD 4/1 132lbs goal 120 was 150 Ben on paleo for 13 months hit a plateau hope 5:2 helps

Day 1 – SW WA USA – NFD

Okeydokey, I’m starting out at 197.2 and a goal of 4 lbs for April. If more disappear, that’d be great. I began the 5:2 journey at 235 lbs and am going for 140 as a possible goal. That may be too low. Talk of the waist to height ratio being more important than BMI is making me rethink a reasonable goal. I started the journey at .71 and am now .64.

I have found that my 1st month on 5:2 I lost about 12 lbs back in October 2016 but after that it slowed down. Someone on the forum mentioned that 1 to 2 pounds a week was the normal on 5:2. I was glad for that input, because it helped me to have more reasonable expectations.

SongBirdMe – enjoy your concert tomorrow!

Day 1 -Staffordshire UK-NFD

Starting weight 150.4lb
    Target is to maintain (or maybe sneak under 150lb), not expecting too much as I’m celebrating big birthday this month.

Day 1 Surrey UK NFD

Hi all, my starting weight is 146lbs (only 2lbs down on last month but still down!). My goal this month is to lose 4lbs, I want to get to 142 which I think is achievable. My challenge is to stick to 5:2 and not over eat on my NFDs, I also don’t want to fall off the wagon over Easter 🐣 I’m not going to get bogged down with the scales either, I’m going to weigh myself on Saturday and not in the week @bert1802 you are so right, the scales are not our friends.

Good luck to all and thanks @okeydokey.

Day 2
    NFD -It’s the weekend so routine a bit out. Haven’t done a final calorie count for today but weight this morning 98.5kg. Down 0.5 kg so quite pleased with a positive start. Lots of gardening today and a long dog walk so maybe it’ll all balance out in the end.

Day 1! NFD USA, WI

Starting weight: 183.4 (gained a pound overnight, that’s always fun, lol)

April Goals: Lose 8.4 pounds. That would bring me to 175! Woohoo!
    Get my BMI below the 30s.

April will be one of those months with events to be mindful of. Easter brunch, a graduation party, a dinner out, etc. On those occasions, I do not want to have to skimp or miss out on treats or things that I would love. But, I’ve learned strategies to prepare in advance for those occasions, thanks to this way of life! Like, yesterday, for example. I met girlfriends out for a congratulatory dinner for one that got a job. It was at a Mexican place. All day before, I had only 300 (filling) calories, and if I wasn’t getting over sickness, I would have worked out, too. Then, when I got there, I only had water, no margarita – although if I wasn’t on meds, I would have had ONE margarita. But instead of my normal mango sugar-filled and sugar-rimmed margarita, I would have made it a lime margarita on the rocks, no salt. I *did* have chips and salsa because I love those and planned to have some, and enjoyed every bite! Dinner was grilled shrimp tacos (skipped over all of the fried options), and I skipped the tortillas and skipped the sour cream. Ate two, took the third for leftovers (which normally I’d chow the whole thing.)

A much different approach to balancing everything, and that’s the beauty of this. It makes actually living and enjoying the foods and treats of life attainable while still losing weight and getting healthier. I plan to utilize those strategies for April’s events.

A also want to make it to the gym at least 4 times a week. Fasting the first week will play it by ear, depending on my recovery.

I’m looking forward to a successful April and furthering this journey with everyone!

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 2,621 total)

You must be logged in to reply.