30 Day April 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
30 Day April 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 2,616 replies, has 179 voices, and was last updated by  Chubbybiker 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,051 through 2,100 (of 2,621 total)

• Day 23 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

Made it through judging choirs fairly well. Right on 160 this morning. I keep telling anyone who will listen about 5:2 and how it has worked for me. I try to encourage especially the ones I know who could stand to lose the weight!

I love how @lynzm and @strawberriesandcream put it that our WOL is “part of me” so I can indulge myself every so often and not really feel like I’m sunk. Eating what others have prepared for us is the challenge, so I ate the banana nut muffin they offered mid-morning as well as the small cookie for lunch dessert. I did have a nice serving of their delicious broccoli salad though!

@pashaw – I love to indulge myself every few months at KFC as well. Again, we can do that as a nice treat

@fatrabbit – oh so sad people don’t value your services and pay you appropriately. I know there is satisfaction in doing a job well, though, even if we aren’t fully compensated. I judge for schools twice a year, and they do pay quite well, which I feel like makes up for not charging more for my piano lessons and other music services I do. Hopefully you’ll get some real winners who will reward you!

TTFN and enjoy the day. Onward and downward!

Day 23 – South korea – NFD

Day 13: Gloucestershire, UK: Still on NFDays….if only, like you @lynzm, I also could slay a dragon today, especially as it’s St George’s Day !
    (Patron Saint of England’s day, that is, for those elsewhere in the world).

Day 23 – US – NFD CD

Well we’re coming up on the last week of our April Challenge.✨🌈✨Wishing everybody well this week!✨Good luck with attaining your goals.😊✨
    @lynzm ✨✨Congrats 🎉 on your 2 successful FD’s. Good for you! ✨✨🤜🏻✨🤛🏻✨✨You Got This! ✨✨Together we are stronger!✨😊
    @lany36 ✨Thanks for checking in.😊Spring cleaning a great way to take more steps, burn more cals. ✨I’m wishing you well on your day back on your new job tomorrow. I’m sure all your knowledge will all come back to you as you need it.
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver I’m not quite sure what you meant by the 6×20 ft rows of potatoes. I’m very impressed by your 15 miles last Sunday and 20 miles of bike 🚴🏻 today.✨I can see why your losing inches.😊It makes sense that you have to eat accordingly based on the types of nutrients you need for your activity level.😊Good luck and have fun this weekend.
    @jojo58 hoping you feel better soon. I’ve evidently hit a slump also. Feeling low also. I thought it was because I’ve been dreading going to the dentist.. This to shall pass✨😊🕊for both of us.✨
    @tillysmum I’m glad your sister is understanding, that is helpful.😊Your goal of losing 5-6 kgs in 3 weeks; if it can be done it would be on the blood sugar diet. It’s pretty ambitious. I found you will be able to cleanse and detox. Your body will lose fat close to that amount if it is healthy for you. If not all of the 5-6kgs you will lose on average 5 -6 lbs, 2.72 kgs enough to feel much more comfortable in your clothes and maybe a size smaller. It would take a lot of BSD at 800 cals or less. If your determined you could come close. We’re in the same wagon together. So hang on to us. In time we will have health and success.✨✨Together we are Stronger.✨✨
    @strawberriesandcream Thank-you for your lovely posts✨Hope your weekend is going well.😊
    @mogaman ✨Keep up the good work! ✨You Got This!✨✨
    @skinnylove ✨Good for you.✨ I’ve noticed that while fasting and no or low carbs I feel much more connected with myself, calmer mentally aware and more secure. It seems to be a benefit of living the NFD’s and fasting and detoxing. Meditation has helped me instead of trying to go numb. Have you tried meditation?
    @saffy420 I like your strategy. Another week could make all the difference. ✨✨🎉Congrats on your lb lost this past week.✨✨Together we are stronger.✨✨
    @endellion✨We’re here Wishing you well with your FD’s this week.✨😊Hold on✨ Drink lots of water 💦 ✨You Got This!✨

✨It’s ok not to have the answer yet. Continue your journey and trust the process.✨
    ✨Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to it’s not for them.✨

✨He, she stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her away, she adjusted her sails.✨ – Elizabeth Edwards.

✨✨Together we are Stronger✨🤝✨🤜🏻✨🤛🏻✨✨

Day 23 UK NFD 134 Ho hum

Day 23 – USA – NFD

Second post – had a bad night after eating a bunch of Keebler club crackers with pimento cheese while watching TV. It is uncharacteristic of me these days to eat after my window of 16:8 or 18:6, especially on a FD! I also had an extra helping of roasted potatoes at dinner with the roast, and an extra helping of roasted carrots. All those carbs ganged up on me and gave me a sleepless night with palpitations and anxiety. I figured I’d get up and admit it by posting it as a NFD; hence my second Day 22 post. Lesson learned! Gained 1.4 lbs. on the scale this morning, but I am sure that this will be “whooshed” out by the next FD. So still hoping to get down to at least 180, maybe not 179 by the end of April. Just have to keep practicing what I know to work.

Day 21, Mountaintop PA, NFD
    Day 22, Mountaintop PA NFD
    Day 23, Mountaintop PA NFD 151.4 pounds

Enjoying nice leisurely weekend with 4 mile hikes into Gamelands and some yard work. Spring is on its way here in Northeast PA, but the temperatures have been in high 30’s at night and barely getting past 50’s. Today is sunny and a promise of 65 from the weather man.

DH and I continue on our program of CD’s when not fasting and stretching out time between breakfast and dinner. I am down within 1 pound of goal, 151.4 on my electronically connected scale and 2 pounds below on a regular digital scale. So either way I have a positive picture of my progress.

Golf this afternoon and an early night before Monday FD. Only one week left of April. Will get that last pesky pound off!

Day 23 Oman NFD

Day 23-MA, USA–NFD
    Day 22-NFD
    Day 21-NFD
    Day 20-NFD
    Day 19-NFD
    Day 18-NFD

Fell off the wagon this week. Monday the 17th was my last fast. I made a good effort on Wednesday, but caved at dinner. Have been feeling very down on myself for lack of willpower. I plan to start “fresh” tomorrow. I was on vacation this week, and I find those weeks are always a hard time to follow the plan, but there was a lot more junk in my diet than there needs to be. Oh well. Trying to be reasonable today. Wish me luck!

Day 23 – SW WA USA – NFD

I like reading the posts. It’s like catching up with extended family. Fun to see what everyone is doing. It’s great to be on this journey together!

Fatrabbit – I made your sprout curry last night. My first attempt at those combinations of veggies and spices. Must say it was full of wonderful flavors! I did about 1/2 the recipe & still have about 7 more portions in the fridge/freezer.

SongBirdMe – I enjoy hearing about your musical goings-on. It takes me back to some of my past. I have remembrances of participating in festivals on the piano personally & going with the choir in high school, then also, as a teacher, taking a 2nd gr class
    to the festival. Good memories. Good for you for sticking at maintenance through the weekend responsibilities.

Krisnia – good for you with your progress. I bit that 1 more pound bites the dust.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone! Together we are stronger! We’ll win if we don’t quit!

Day 23 second post

@okeydokey thanks for the reality check, maybe I did mean lbs not kgs!

Day 23 Surrey UK NFD

Going to dismiss the last week as I didn’t do very well at all 🙈 The Easter weekend completely through me off track. So, onwards and downwards starting with a FD tomorrow.

Days 20,21 and 22 all NFDs

Good luck all, I might need some support this week 😱

Day 23, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Hello All, just sitting here eating pretzels and catching up on the posts. Did some work outside earlier, cleaned and filled the birdbath and humming bird feeders (they are back ! )Watching the Golden Girls, when Blanche and Sophia were Sonny and Cher. My friends and I were just talking about this show the other day, wondering if we could all live together should we find ourselves all alone in life. The answer, in unison, was Uh, no…. haha

Hope you are all doing well, can you believe we only have one week left in April? I have been maintaining quite well – low was 140, a bit too low – trying to stay around 143 (today’s weight), want to maintain below 145. Just a few pounds here and there but a fun mind (and body) game to play.

Newcastle
    Day 23
    NFD
    Lovely sunny but chilly day today.
    5 mile walk with the dogs plus a couple of hours raking the now desolate garden & de weeding the drive so quite tender over the back & shoulder area. But I feel good about that.
    Tomorrow I intend to get wgt again but also get measures & put them in.
    I know the scales say I am the same but some clothes are defo loser than before. Really working on the WOL/E on NFD with no snacking, very little alcohol (first glass of something tonight since last week).
    Well done all of the losers, so envious. It is right if someone says wow you’ve lost wgt it really spurrs you one.
    Tomorrow not a FD as the ‘in law’ is still here but is gone for a couple of weeks from Tuesday so we thought it would be better on Tuesday as he is fussy about real food. We are having salmon parcels. He does not know what he is missing.
    Keep going everyone.

Uh, Golden Girls correction – make that Dorothy and Sophia (although, of course, we loved her – Bea Arthur – as Blanche !)

Second post

Sorry I forgot @okeydokey to give you my weight for yesterday – 143lbs

Day 23 UK NFD

2nd post to make a correction. Today was certainly not a fast day. And after yesterday’s lack of control as well I think I need to change something. I think I will go back to ADF. I am starting to feel deprived. I want at least to be able to tell myself that I can eat tomorrow. I think that will help a lot. I have lost a lot of weight and improved my health a lot. I don’t need to be so hard on myself. I did a month of the BSD and the results were great but I don’t have diabetes and don’t have to finish the 8 weeks. I doubt I’ll go mad and eat huge amounts, although I definitely ate too much tonight. @annemarilyn I made the sprout curry too and it proved just too tempting and I had far too much of it. I got the spices just right this time, I think that I left out the cumin which made the others more obvious. I also did cauliflower couscous to go with it instead of rice. That was too nice too:~ An onion, an orange pepper, a chili, a pinch of ground cloves, seasalt, fresh coriander and the finely chopped cauliflower stir fried in olive oil. Annemarilyn you must be very disciplined about serving size. Our pot is half gone already, my sister had an enormous bowl full, and I expect mum did too when she got around to it. She won’t let anyone put her food out for her. I also ate an entire pot of cottage cheese today, half this morning, and I rarely eat in the morning, and the other half which wouldn’t shut up so I had it for pudding. I also never have pudding. As I said definitely not a fast day. I have to go and put the rabbits away now and I suspect moving is not going to be entirely comfortable. I am such an idiot sometimes!

Day 23 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Busy weekend enjoying life – great weather all weekend for being outdoors! 🤗🥂Happiness……

Thank you @dykask – did take some resolve not to let things get out of hand but so happy I stayed strong.
    @debster251 – Remember that “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose”
    Great advice from @lynzm – You can do this x
    @ciren2 – “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.”
    @flourbaby – what a lovely morning you had on Day 22 – such a feel good factor shopping for smaller clothes!
    @okeydokey – a blip is to be expected at some stage – you will get over this and get going in the right direction in no time -stay strong and positive – Thank you for looking after us so well this month.
    @fatrabbit – loved it – “a mishap with a bit of brie” 😈 I reckon we all have those moments with something that just calls to to us……..but it sounds like you did not let a “bad moment” turn into a bad day – YAY for you 😇 ADF sounds a good way forwarder the time being, especially as you won’t feel deprived!
    @onahealthyhigh – great post on Day 23!
    @lany36 – good luck with the new job start tomorrow but most important ENJOY the fresh start x
    @jojo58 – Thinking of you “Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.”
    @tillysmum – great job staying focused during your hols 😇
    @Strawberriesandcream – great wisdom in that post on Day 23 – Thank You x
    @skinnylove – WOW – 8kg of loss overall in 8 weeks! 💃

@coda and @okeydokey – cannot remember who is heading the challenge in May???

LET US HAVE A STRONG LAST WEEK OF THIS 30 DAY APRIL 2017 CHALLENGE
    Pocketeers list for Monday Day 24 to get us going for this last week – I have added those who have said they are fasting – if you are fasting please copy & add your name – the more the better for support across the globe!!!
    @lany36
    @pashaw
    @steffieagle
    @suse13
    @fatrabbit ?
    @at

TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY. IT’S THE ONLY PLACE YOU HAVE TO LIVE – Jim Rohn

🌈 adding my name to the list

Pocketeers list for Monday Day 24 to get us going for this last week – I have added those who have said they are fasting – if you are fasting please copy & add your name – the more the better for support across the globe!!!
    @lany36
    @pashaw
    @steffieagle
    @suse13
    @fatrabbit ?
    @at
    @lynzm (MT)

22 – NFD
    23 – FD

Day 23 NFD Portugal
    Yesterday day 22 was to be a FD but ended up NFD.
    Determined to make this last week count so I will join the pocket fasters.

@lany36
    @pashaw
    @steffieagle
    @suse13
    @fatrabbit ?
    @at
    @lynzm (MT)
    @erika45

@bert1802 think it was me Bert.
    Never done back to back Fast days mind only been on it 30 days very impressed with the diet. Early days but feel very focused due to the sons wedding in a few months.
    Reading as much as I can on the diet and other people’s post I like the idea of the health benefits of b2b fasting might try it Friday Saturday this week as Sunday is our last weigh day.
    @okeydokey planted about 150 potatoes in six 25ft rows back breaking, my dad’s 83 and fitter than me lol nice afternoon on a warm sunny day in Newcastle snow due next week ❄⛄😱 24 miles on the bike today. Never stopped today must have burned 30,000,000 calories today. Slight exaggeration with the calories.

Second post. NFD but well controlled.
    Thank you for looking out for me AT. I have three weeks until we take a trip to Portugal so I’m well motivated now. Have spent all day in the garden then a 3mile walk. Tomorrow I swim at my usual class, which will the be the first in a month because of the chest infection I nursed, and then the Easter break so here we go. Adding my name to the list.

@lany36
    @pashaw
    @steffieagle
    @suse13
    @fatrabbit ?
    @at
    @lynzm (MT)
    @erika45
    @debster251
    Good luck everyone!

@lany36
    @pashaw
    @steffieagle
    @suse13
    @fatrabbit ?
    @at
    @lynzm (MT)
    @erika45
    @debster251
    @Stevetoontaxidriver
    FD tomorrow good luck everyone.

Day 24/FD/Melbourne Australia

Those pesky mice are still active and oh so cocky! A cheeky little one came out whilst I made coffee this morning, grabbed some bait and dragged it under my fridge as I watched. He’s still there chomping away. I feel quite guilty knowing what’s ahead but my house smells really funky and not in a good way! I used to pick them up and carry them outside till one bit me and I realised they preferred the delights of my pantry. More cleaning this morning. Sigh

We’re planning a road trip for May so I shan’t be signing up. I’ll check in when I can. I still haven’t bothered upgrading to a smartphone so internet access will be problematic. We’re planning on camping out. I definitely want my mouse problem solved before I leave. The horrors of coming home to an infested home are just too awful to contemplate!

Enjoyed a very relaxed weekend with a vigorous 12.5 km walk along the bay and a visit to the Australian Botanical Gardens outside of Melbourne. . Food choices were quite relaxed. I made a chilli cornbread, Jamie Oliver’s baked beans and hickory smoked bacon. I love bacon. It’s the only thing stopping me from becoming Vegetarian. Only an occasional treat now. I’ve frozen the leftovers so they won’t be calling me.

I’m adding myself to the list of fasters. Definitely planning a very controlled week before I leave. Off to do another massive Autumn clean, again, thanks to my unwelcome guests and lots of gardening should keep me busy.

@lany36
    @pashaw
    @steffieagle
    @suse13
    @fatrabbit ?
    @at
    @lynzm (MT)
    @erika45
    @debster251
    @stevetoontaxidriver
    @onahealthyhigh

“Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.” Thanks @at

Hello April Challengers. London calling 🙂
    Apologies (again!) for the long silence. Exam over (and boy! am I glad!)
    Ready for setting up the May challenge. I’ll make a start on the spreadsheet this week.

I was somewhat lax with fasting in the week or 2 running up to the exam, so really do need to get my act together now. I’ll be getting back into my yoga routine starting tomorrow, so I will be fasting on tuesday 25th.

@pissupoosa – Great to read your post – I had forgotten you were hosting the May Challenge!!! So exams all over – hope all went well for you. I will be signing up to the May Challenge as I’m sure the daily accountability has been a key factor of keeping me at maintenance weight since December.

Day 23, NFD, USA
    Was supposed to be a FD today, but 3/4 of the day, I caved in big time and ate some chips and salsa, then more chips and salsa and guac, then ate a normal dinner with my family, so FD. What the?! Will try again tomorrow — so FD AND Tuesday to make up for my fall. I need to take it up a notch this last week as I’m in a plateau big time. My inflammation (achey joints, brain fog) is way up, thanks to seasonal allergies, so that effects weight loss. 135 again today, so scale not budging; I decided to eliminate carbs, like a lot of you are doing, to get quell this inflammation and break through this plateau once and for all. The news is that i haven’t felt deprived doing this IF for three months, so if I have to go a little guerilla tactics now, I can handle it. good luck all of you lovely people.

@at – thank you. Exam was tough. I’ll know the results in 3 weeks time – so we’ll see.
    I’ve just started a spreadsheet for May and you’re on it 🙂

Do any of you have an example spreadsheet I could have a quick look at please? I tried opening the March one, but says it’s deleted. Just want to see one to get an idea of the format (what columns etc) – thanks

Good luck to the fasters tomorrow.

Day 24 NZ NFD

Still day 23 –

Fatrabbit – I can see why you might be changing from daily to ADF. One can get feeling deprived after a while and that was initially one of the beauties of the 5:2; not feeling deprived.

Adding myself to the list for FD Monday. I’m planning on fasting M-F, either 500 or 800 each day.

@lany36
    @pashaw
    @steffieagle
    @suse13
    @fatrabbit ?
    @at
    @lynzm (MT)
    @erika45
    @debster251
    @stevetoontaxidriver
    @onahealthyhigh
    @annemarilyn

@pissupoosa – on Day 18 p.36 in the posts, Okeydokey has a link for this months spreadsheet. She’s been posting every week about Thursday I believe. Hope that helps.

Hi all day 23 uk co down nfd

Just when I think I am making progress sigh, bigger sigh but i remember someone describing two steps forward, one step back as a cha cha! I also realise when I feel positive i plan it all in my calendar, what I’ll do and where I’ll be but best laid plans and all that. I’ll just take a day at a time in future as fed up not getting to where I wanted to be. Fd tomorrow.

Thanks pissupoosa popping in was great timing, hope you did well in your exams. Spent today sprucing up some garden furniture ready for our summer (hopefully we’ll get one)

Thank you @annemarilyn for the spreadsheet link.

Hey @coda. Sorting the garden is my next project – that and spring/summer decluttering the house which I’ve already made a start on!
    Are you in for the May challenge? – to celebrate YOU starting up this epic series… they have provided so much encouragement and inspiration to all of us over the past year 🙂

Right, May spreadsheet set up, ready for names to be added… 🙂

Day 24 – Tokyo, Japan – FD 81.4kg

I missed posting yesterday, but it was a NFD. However I didn’t even weigh myself which is unusual for me.

I did push up the fiber in my diet this weekend. Two extremely large salads. I’m not looking for a repeat of Friday’s harder fast.

Adding myself to the pocket list:

@lany36
    @pashaw
    @steffieagle
    @suse13
    @fatrabbit ?
    @at
    @lynzm (MT)
    @erika45
    @debster251
    @stevetoontaxidriver
    @onahealthyhigh
    @annemarilyn
    @dykask

Day 23 NFD St. Louis USA
    Spent the day working a booth at Earth Day. Looking forward to putting my feet up this evening. Planning to join you all were fasting tomorrow so I added my name to the pocket list.
    @lany36
    @pashaw
    @steffieagle
    @suse13
    @fatrabbit ?
    @at
    @lynzm (MT)
    @erika45
    @debster251
    @stevetoontaxidriver
    @onahealthyhigh
    @annemarilyn
    @dykask
    @sirisan

Day 23 second post
    Adding myself for tomorrow-The week always goes better for me if I start with a FD

@lany36
    @pashaw
    @steffieagle
    @suse13
    @fatrabbit ?
    @at
    @lynzm (MT)
    @erika45
    @debster251
    @stevetoontaxidriver
    @onahealthyhigh
    @annemarilyn
    @dykask
    @krisnia

Day 23 – USA – NFD

Third post – @pissupoosa, please add me to the May challenge! Thank you!

Day 23- Montreal-NFD

2nd post … not halfway yet but this fast is going better than the one on Friday. This time I added a little sleep and a lot of fiber.

Added @sirisan back on the list

@lany36
    @pashaw
    @steffieagle
    @suse13
    @fatrabbit ?
    @at
    @lynzm (MT)
    @erika45
    @debster251
    @stevetoontaxidriver
    @onahealthyhigh
    @annemarilyn
    @dykask
    @sirisan
    @krisnia

Day 24 – US – FD
    We don’t have a good day we each make a good day.
    Let’s make Day 24 a Good Day!😊✨✨🤜🏻✨🤛🏻✨✨
    @pissupoosa Glad to hear you are hosting the May Challenge.✨😊Very kind and gracious of you.✨I will be signing up! The link to the April Challenge spreadsheet is:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-U3NLqdDFR2HLYO709eX1sjmbPGC7msTOSsZfLqG9uQ

@taraga Hoping your FD’s are going well. It’s up to you, maybe try 2 in a row before you try 3 in a row. I remember when you started the group you said you were comfortable with fasting because you have done it often for your religion. You can make a choice that feels healthy and comfortable now. Being healthy and happy with yourself is a good goal.😊Wishing you well.✨Stay strong and happy.😊
    @chitowngal Great to hear your down 1lb. Thanks for checking in! ✨✨Stay strong!✨one more week in April!✨
    @endellion Thanks✨for checking in.✨Good luck on your FD Day 24.😊
    @steffieagle Mountaintop seems to be treating you well. ✨✨Happy hiking and happy fasting Day 24✨
    @lany36
    @pashaw
    @steffieagle
    @suse13
    @fatrabbit ?
    @at
    @okeydokey 1st of 5 b5b
    @lynzm (mt)
    @erika45
    @debster251
    @stevetoontaxidriver
    @onahealthyhigh
    @annemarilyn
    @dykask
    @sirisan
    @krisnia
    @taraga
    @endellion

✨One Positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.✨😊

✨Warning Exercise has been known to cause Health and Happiness!✨
    ✨✨Together we are Stronger😊✨

Day 24, Germany, FD

Day 23 NFD Oman
    18:6 today plus hit at the gym.

Day 24, Sydney Aus, FD
    Just noticed it’s the last week of Apr (my 1st month of 5:2 diet), although haven’t achieved my goal yet, it’s getting easier on FD, which is a good sign. I shall keep going, as I noticed my fat is getting softer, pants are looser although not much change on weight (1kg loss only). 🙂 🙂

Day 24 – UK – NFD

Day 24 Newcastle UK FD.
    BE POSITIVE PEOPLE.
    Grey cold wet and snow on the way maybe just on high ground 😭 yesterday shorts & t-shirt British weather 4 seasons in one day mad.

Day 23 Hampshire NFD
    Day 24 Hampshire NFD

Day 24 Germany FD

Day 24, Switzerland, FD

DAY 24 – UK – FD

This month has been a disaster for me. Even yesterday when guests were gone, and I should have fasted I had a binge on left over cheesecake and cream cakes…..I have lost all the impetus I had and have probably put on lbs…..I daren’t weigh myself or I will become even more despondent. I honestly thought I had this system cracked..I was so happy and confident that I had mastered not losing control….and here I am back again to old habits….it is so easy to slip back into the dreaded trap of sugar and carbs. I am determined to at least get on track for this last week….unfortunately by injured leg doesn’t able me to do my usual exercise (which is a wol for me) and I hate not being able to get out there and run or walk some cals off. I will persevere I promise….lets see if I can succeed this week….

Viewing 50 posts - 2,051 through 2,100 (of 2,621 total)

You must be logged in to reply.