30 Day April 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
30 Day April 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 2,616 replies, has 179 voices, and was last updated by  Chubbybiker 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,001 through 2,050 (of 2,621 total)

• Day 22 Chicago, Illinois – NFD

@okeydokey Weigh in day down 1 pound, current weight is 141.5, yeah!! Really thought I was going to gain, most of the week was bad eating, although fast days were perfect. Exercised 5 days with 2 bikes to work in addition. That was probably the reason I was able to go down 1 pound and not gain. Hoping no gain next week.

Day 22 Oman NFD

Day 22-US-CD (weight 210.4lbs)

I have lots of chores today and need to till the garden, so hopefully that’s lots of calories burned.

Everyone> “Stay the Course”

Day 22. Playing in the grass with dogs, USA. NFD. Weight 166 pounds!!

Day 22 – SW WA USA – NFD

Needing a NFD after 5 FDs; some 500 & some 800. The scale was not further down today after all that for me either Okey-dokey. Who knows exactly what is going on, but will plan on enjoying the day & be mindful in my enjoying. Will get back on the fasting train on Monday.

Enjoy your weekend everybody!

Can I post here or are you full up? I’m on Day 3 of my first water fast.

Is it too late to post here for April since it’s the 22nd in the USA?
    Ooops, sorry, didn’t think the first reply worked

2nd post

Oh dear I just had a mishap with a piece of brie:(( It somehow ended up on the inside of me instead of inside the fridge where it belongs. Everything was going well. I was nicely busy bathing poor screaming guinea pigs ( well they probably wouldn’t see that as particularly nice, but they do feel much better afterwards, the wee squeakers are very prone to itchy skin), it was just coming up to 2pm, time to break my fast, when someone arrived with a carrier containing a very grumpy rabbit. Said grumpy rabbit had a horribly matted bottom and clagged coat. I spent two and a half hours sorting her out getting bitten every so often just to keep me awake. Jumpers are no obstacle to rabbit teeth. Mine is now well ventilated in preparation for summer, and my boobs, arms and legs are no doubt going to have lots of little purple bruises. Usual price for an hours grooming session is £20. For two and a half hours I got a tenner. I am so not a business woman! I wouldn’t mind so much if I hadn’t been quite so hungry and if my back didn’t now hurt so much and if I hadn’t gone and eaten that blasted brie and inhaled quite a few parsnips and a big bowl of mashed beans with more cheese on them as well. And if I had been able to get the last five piggies bathed instead of now having to find another time to do it. At least grumpy rabbit will probably feel a bit less grumpy tomorrow when her fur doesn’t pull every time she moves.

@elektron There you are… I wondered about you.😊

Day 22- Montreal- NFD

79.0 on the scales this am, slowly but surely!

@granto6 Yes, Please post. How is your 3rd day of fasting going?

Day 22 – UK – NFD

Catch up details: Days 13-22 all NFDs on holiday! Had a great time! But picking up fasting again from tomorrow.

Xxx

Day22 uk NFD
    @monkeydo I have a dairy intolerance and it shows itself in my skin around my eyes, great so that everyone can see! But a month off and it is gone so u may find a quickish result if you pause eating what you think may be the cause. Good luck

Day 23 NZ NFD

Day 21 UK. FD
    Day 22 UK. NFD

Day 22 Florida USA FD I’m having a very successful, healthy, 500 calorie day. I’m at around 450 and it’s after supper so I may be able to have a little treat with my evening tea. Once again, the thing that worked today was eating nothing between breakfast and dinner. I also pre-enter the calorie count of my two planned meals and I weigh my meat or fish portion to make sure I’m not way off. @okeydokey, can you answer a ? for me. Since 2013, whenever I embrace the 5/2 as a way of life, I do it according to Michael’s research in The Fast Diet, which I’ve re-read twice for motivation. When I read on here that folks are doing three 500 calorie days in a row I’m confused. I know I’d fail if I tried to fast on consecutive days, or did “water fasts”. At what point is it no longer the 5/2 diet if so many are doing it in so many ways?

Day 22 NFD St. Louis USA
    Yesterday I had lunch with a friend and didn’t check the menu before. I did manage to split my order in half and finished it for dinner. Had saganaki which I love and only rarely indulge. Control day today and tomorrow.

Sending best wishes to all here.

Day 23/CD-NFD/Melbourne Australia

@fatrabbit I love your posts, they always bring a smile on. Sorry about your bruises though. I must have a warped sense of humour.

@okeydokey @fordprefect @bert you all take such an active interest in nutrition and this forum I won’t offer the usual advice – do your clothes feel looser? Have your measurements changed? Have you considered shaking things up? Etc etc

@okeydokey, your impressive weight loss, medications and stress hormones might be contributing to your pause. I some how doubt the cider vinegar and olive oil are affecting your weight loss. Have you considered your gut microbiome? Do you eat enough probiotics and prebiotics? I note that researchers are beginning to believe that our gut may have an impact on our weight and is one of the reasons we all respond differently to diets. Dr Moseley is publishing a book on the gut in June. He’s a big fan of kefir which acts as a pre and probiotic. Perhaps easing off intensive fasting and adding probiotics and prebiotic/dietary fibre may help? My other suggestion would be to change nothing since this has worked so impressively for you. One blip on the scale could mean nothing and you will have the ‘whoosh’ often talked about.

The more I study the less I’m sure of but I have enormous confidence in fasting, eating a Mediterranean style diet including whole grains and eliminating refined sugars as a way to sustain good health. Whilst there is some controversy about the simple calories in and calories out version of weight loss, especially the balance between fats:proteins:carbs, it hasn’t been disproved. What we eat on NFDs matters. My current, non-scientific backed theory, is to eat different quantities of food every day. I think it’s hoodwinked those hangry hormones that want me to regain my lost weight! Just a theory but if I think it works it will! Weightloss is such a mind game.

Day 22, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD
    Day 23, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Sorry, site wouldn’t allow me to post yesterday !

All is going well, still maintaining, exercising, drinking water and loving life!

My best to each of you.

DAY 22 – UK – NFD
    DAY23 – UK – FD

Gone a bit awry again as unexpectedly friends arrived from France for a few days!
    Have tried really hard, but I know I have gone over my tdee for the last couple of days. My plan of AD fasting has not materialised after my hols, but I am hoping I can retrieve some control from tomorrow until the month end as our friends leave again after brekkie this Sunday morning. Just happy to maintain this month – all my good intentions have gone out the window….but still determined to keep on going until I achieve my goal and then maintain. It hasn’t helped that I have pulled a calf muscle whilst running, so no exercise now for some time…which makes me grumpy. Good luck all.

Copy of post created April 3, 2015

“and goal weight reached! 5:2 works!

My journey began because I wanted to improve my health. I’d given up trying to lose weight and swore I’d never diet or count calories again because dieting didn’t work for me. I’d had my 62nd birthday and have been a yo-yo dieter for most of my life. I’m a lifetime member of a well known organisation, had tried shakes, calorie counted, used pills …

Yesterday I went to the supermarket and counted 28 500 gm packs of butter, equating to my weight loss so far. Such a great motivator!

What worked for me:
    – not expecting to lose weight so weight loss was a bonus
    – having two flexible fasting days to fit in with my lifestyle
    – staying well hydrated on fast days
    – eating one meal in the evening
    – weighing myself daily and learning to understand my body
    – not counting calories on non-fast day
    – reducing portions by purchasing two small dinner plates
    – controlling food on fast days paid dividends on non-fast days because I felt like eating less
    – eating foods I enjoy, denying myself nothing
    – not fasting on holidays but not over eating
    – tracking using the fast diet tracker”

Now:
    Two years on, I’m maintaining 3kg below goal weight with an occassional blip but never over my goal weight set by weight watchers. I consider myself very fortunate because I haven’t had to tweak the basic formula. Maintainence requires constant vigilance but not angst and obsession which I experienced following other diets.

Edit: eating foods I enjoyed on NFD didn’t include foods that caused weight gain – crisps/chips, refined sugars…

Hi day 22 although it is now day 23 here uk co down. Nfd

Out for dinner and a few drinks with friends.

Day 23 – USA – NFD

Fast day yesterday turned into NFD.

Day 22 – US – NFD CD
    @mogaman Our group The April Challenge in the weight loss section of the fast diet is based on losing weight and then maintaining the goal weight. Most people have started with the 5:2 diet. Dr. Mosley has reported on and written other books based on intermediate Fasting and the BSD which is based on 800 cal consecutive FD’s. Many people in the group have already been doing and continue intermediate fasting which is fasting every other day, the blood sugar diet, and b2b fasting. We have people in the group that switch from 5:2 to 4:3 NFD’s and FD’s. Some that are comfortable with 2:5 NFD’s to FD’s. If you aren’t comfortable having 2 consecutive FD’s in a row. You don’t have to, even if other people have chosen to.✨I’m glad things are going well for you with the 5:2 and I hope I have answered your question.✨

@onahealthyhigh Thank-you for being supportive✨😊I think it is just a small plateau thing going on. My clothes do feel looser. I had a fun day walking and shopping around the mall with my daughter(no food). It helped my spirits. While trying on clothes I found I was 1 size less than before I started the fast diet.✨💛😊 I do take probiotics and have been taking them for about 5 years twice daily. Kefir for about 3 years and just started eating kimchi which I’ve read is a great way to get and keep probiotics in the gut.
    You are so kind to respond to my surprised reaction at not losing weight. I’ve already lost 17.4 lbs since the beginning of March. I just thought it would just keep on going.😊 I’m pretty sure there is a staying healthy and balanced based reason as to why we sometimes plateau at a certain weight. I had a great day and I’m not questioning it tonight. I’m happy to continue to have the opportunity to keep on going and losing as my body is able to. I’m so thankful to our wonderful group! I’m also very Thankful @onahealthyhigh for you being so supportive.✨😊

@onahealthyhigh Thank-you for sharing the information and lists of things you learned while following the NFD’s and FD’s successfully to your goal weight. I especially like the part about eating foods I enjoyed that didn’t cause weight gain, which didn’t include crisps/chips and refined sugars. Not eating the refined sugars and crisps/chips would help keep energy and sugar balanced and stable.😊✨

Day 23, Croatia, NFD
    Weight: 78 Kg
    Today is a great day!!

https://www.divinemercyfilm.com

Day 23, Germany, NFD

Check in
    Check in
    Day 19-Sydney AUS – NFD
    Day 20-Sydney AUS – NFD
    Day 21-Sydney AUS – FD
    Day 22-Sydney AUS – NFD 69.00kg
    Day 23-Sydney AUS – NFD

Day 23 UK FD800

193.6 Yay, down despite the brie:)) I just didn’t eat anything else after that. It may not have even gone over 800. My veggie count for the day was the main casualty. I try for between 5 and 10 every day but yesterday it was only tiny bits of 3 fresh ones plus a proper portion of kidney beans. I don’t seem to have many actual bruises. But it did hurt.

Day 23 – FIN – NFD

Today’s weight: 61.0 kg

I wonder what the scales would have shown me if not for yesterday’s fast. I’ve decided to weigh in on Sundays, as they are the days furthest away from any fast days and thus according to me show the ~real figures. Anyway, stuck to rather precisely 500 kcal yesterday, with an apple for breakfast along with mate I bought on Friday, two thin crispbreads with turkey cold cuts and cheese for lunch, carrots for snack, and 100 g cottage cheese and the two additional crispbreads with the same toppings and cucumber for dinner. I was supposed to make something more filling for both lunch and dinner, but instead I got lazy and went the easy (and perhaps less tasty) route.

Day 22&23 NFD NZ
    Slight absence while I’ve been spring cleaning (in Autumn). I start my new job tomorrow and I seem to have felt the need to refresh lots of things leading into a total fresh new start.
    I’m planning a FD tomorrow, it’s been a long time since I worked in this area and I’m thinking nerves will keep any hunger pangs at bay.
    These last two days have been ok foodwise. It’s surprised me how much Easter lingered in my mind as an excuse to have little indulgences but I’m leaving that behind too. I have noticed that I can’t and don’t want to overdo the sweets the same these days. I still have a sugar craving now and then but the quantity I can and do eat has decreased dramatically and I’m ok with a treat now and then. This wol is such a part of me now that I feel free to treat myself without too much guilt or expectation of damage to my goals.
    There’s still weight to lose but I’m not in a hurry now that my jeans fit and sustained small efforts with flexible eating and steady results is just fine by me.

Day 23, London, UK, NFD.

Looking forward to family celebration today…… steak & veg for me, I’ll avoid the carbs (hopefully)

April has flown by, I hope the weight has flown off for us all.

Day 23 Newcastle UK NFD.
    Off out on the bike 15 miles last Sunday move it up to 20 miles today then the Allotment this afternoon 6 x 25ft rows of potatoes that’s going to hurt my back 😢 that’s a lot of carbs 😨
    First time I’ve ever measured on a diet before, the inches are falling off.
    Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 23 a Sunny Belfast NFD
    I’ve done next to no exercise over the last three weeks due to a persistent chest infection. Finally, today, I am starting to feel more like my old self with the wheezes receding. So off we go again! Onwards and downwards!

Day 23 Kent UK NFD

No progress this month or last month. Thankfully no gain either. Just not focussed. Keeping trying is the best I can offer. Doing the right things on fast days but eating too much in NFD’s. Still feeling low, for no reason other than tired of the long term struggle with weight control.

Push through it if I can, summer is a coming!

Day 23 UK NFD

Day 23 Notts UK BSD

Back from hols at the coast and wow weight 90.9 kilos just .4 of a kilo up on last weigh in. That’s pretty good for me!
    Just 3 weeks until next week away in the Yorkshire Dales so big push now hoping to lose 5 or 6 kilos before then. Is that doable or am I setting myself up for a fall?
    Had a heart to heart with my sister and explained what I was doing and why. Think she understands now.

Day 23 UK NFD

Day 22 – CARDIFF UK – NFD
    Day 23 – CARDIFF UK – NFD

Starting Weight : 160.8lbs

Today’s Weight : 160.1lbs (0.7lbs)

Great FD on Friday – first for a while, and even managed a sensible NFD yesterday and lost a further 0.4lbs. Not quite back to my lowest weight just before Easter, but have now lost all the Easter excess.

Not sure what the scales will be like tomorrow as KFC chicken and salad tonight, so will probably retain quite a bit of water. Still once a month treat and can’t refuse as half price (daughter works part time at a franchise in local motorway service station).

Think tomorrow will be another FD, it’s amazing how motivating a good FD can be and how quickly I can get back into the swing.

Have a great day everyone.

Day 23, Newcastle UK, NFD

LOL – well if yesterday was my idea of a CD (controlled day) – no wonder I started out a stone overweight. But interestingly, I am no longer feeling guilty or worried about my blips. The act of logging in every day, reading each and every post since I started out on the February challenge has helped me lose around 10lbs so far.

@lany36 – your last two sentences have hit the nail on the head for where my head is right now. “This wol is such a part of me now that I feel free to treat myself without too much guilt or expectation of damage to my goals. There’s still weight to lose but I’m not in a hurry now that my jeans fit and sustained small efforts with flexible eating and steady results is just fine by me.” Thank you for that and all the best for your new job tomorrow.

@onahealthyhigh – you are so right – weight loss is such a mind game and I think when we put pressure on ourselves our self sabotage dragons seize the opportunity to mess with our heads. @ciren2, @bert1802 and @jojo58 – maybe the way to move forward for now is to focus on the journey and not the end goal. @okeydokey‘s last quote sums that up “Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity, but in doing it.”

Today is the beginning of a new week and our last week for our April challenge. Let’s focus on doing the best we can. Two steps forward, one step back but keep on moving forward. Together we are stronger!

Day 23 Maine FD!

@strawberriesandcream – thank you for reiterating & summarizing the good advice & support found here lately….just what I needed. I fell off the wagon so hard last evening that I could probably fast for days & still be burning calories from last nights’ crackers and cheese! I realized that I was very tired & ate all the wrong food for all the wrong reasons! Extremely busy work day & Very emotional evening with a daughter in law that I just can’t stand….takes a lot for me to dislike someone & she pushes all those buttons! Hallujiah- this week is done – so no holidays or birthdays for quite awhile! I don’t feel upset – just know, once again I am pushing reset in a big way! I know I can do better…to paraphrase an @at motivation: proud of what I’ve accomplished & confident I can continue to goal. @bert1802 – wondering why this
    damn wagon doesn’t have seat Belts??

@lany36 – good luck w/your new job – change is good – helps us learn & grow (mentally!)

Make it a super day everybody! Sun is finally back – new day, new week.

Day 23 Florida USA NFD @okeydokey thanks for clarifying things for me. I’ll keep doing what has worked so well for me in the past. I won’t be near a scale until 4/27 but my clothes are looser for sure. @cinnabon21 This is a way of life that can keep your weight where you want/need it to be. Of all the things I’ve tried, I’ve found the 5/2 the easiest to maintain. In 2013 I lost 16 pounds in 4 months. I maintained that for nearly a year but then let stresses throw me off. I’m back on track, don’t have as much to lose but I’m on my way. Luck to all worldwide today!

Day 23 / UK / FD (63.2kg)

I am back on the bandwagon! Loss is only slow: 0.1kg yesterday, 0.1kg this morning, but it’s coming and I just feel more in control than in the days after Easter. Emotions are still running high, but I manage not to numb them with food at the moment (have been on the other side of that too many times to know better: it’s nice at best but don’t solve anything most of the time). This also completes 8kg of loss overall in 8 weeks tomorrow. That’s pretty much halfway till my ultmate goal of 55kg (if 55kg just doesn’t look ‘right’ or healthy, I’m happy to settle with anything with a 5 in front, that does).

Have a good final week of April, everyone, this month has flown by!

Day21 -UK-NFD
    Day 22 – UK – NFD
    Day 23 – UK -NFD

Weighed yesterday and 1 lb loss from last week, equates in my mind to 1lb plus Easter weekend treats. So I’m happy. Let’s see if we can get to next weekend and meet April target (2to go). @fatrabblt love your bunny tales, Can’t believe someone only paid you £10 for grooming their 🐰, I have 2 dogs that have to be groomed and it’s £25 each, it’s part of being a pet owner, the cost comes with the territory.

@okeydokey, you’ve done so well since March to lose lots of weight, I’m definitely the tortoise to your hare! You’ve given loads of good advice and definitely helped my motivation. Sometimes cruella just takes the mickey. Only thing to do is ignore her and take your revenge next time you step on her.

Day 23 – UK – FD

Hoping to claw back some balance and fit in four FDs before the end of April after getting back from holiday yesterday. I’m not weighing myself yet because I know it won’t be an accurate result from water retention. Going to give it a few days to balance myself out first. Gunning for maintaining my 61kg by the end of the month!

x

Day 23 UK NFD 🌈

Dragon slayed again yesterday – the sentiments of @pashaw “its amazing how a motivating a good FD is”.

Need a big push for the end of the month, still trying to get to pre Easter bunny weight, I think my lack of scales for a few days, tricked me into out of sight out of mind attitude. New scales, just desperate for them to love me, at the moment they are moving in the right direction after my two successful FDs, did I mention them!

Xxx love to all

2 NFD post 🌈

@onahealthyhigh, well done and thanks for letting us know how you did it and perserverancd pays off.

@lany36 Easter lingering and sugar cravings are still a battle once u open that door again, however satisfied with a lot less, winner!!!!

Day 23…..Florida…. NFD

SCS….. you would think in this day and age, the wagons would have seat belts, maybe were on an old fashion wagon, that would also explain the gaping holes in the bottom too….. Thank you for giving me my smile for the day!

I’m not sure who commented on the differences in 5:2, I tried to find it again and couldn’t but I would like to add my 2 cents. A majority of us started with two fast days a week and over time, developing it to tailor our own individual needs, based on the various methods the doctor has written about. So, even though we’re all on various forms of 5:2, we still come together not so much because of the diet but for the friendships, love and support this group has provided us. I can honestly say, it’s because of this group that I’m still here giving it my all.
    I’m on 4:3, I added another day because I felt more comfortable in it doing it not because I wanted quicker results. I also fast from 7pm to 12pm daily because I have a nasty little dragon who like to come out and play and having this time frame keeps him in his cave.
    In the end my friend, you must do what is most comfortable for you and what works. Adding or taking away based on what others are doing will just make it hard and miserable for you, stay in your lane, you’ll arrive at your destination!

Okay, well my coffee is empty, time for a refill!
    Be classy, sassy and a bit bad assy!

Day 23 USA-WA FD weight 136
    Last week of April goal is to lose that last pound and end the month at 135.

There, I said it “out loud” so now we will see if I can make it happen!

Viewing 50 posts - 2,001 through 2,050 (of 2,621 total)

You must be logged in to reply.